Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Aaron Rodgers gets fined: $14,560.

The Green Bay Packers are paying the price of allowing Aaron Rodgers and potentially others to openly violate COVID-19 protocols.

The NFL fined the Packers $300,000 on Tuesday after reviewing the team's COVID-19 protocols, according to ESPN's Rob Demovsky. The league is also reportedly fining Rodgers and wide receiver Allen Lazard $14,560 each.

Packers president Mark Murphy accepted the sanctions in a statement released via Demovsky:

[quote] We respect the League's findings and we recognize the importance of adherence to the COVID protocols to keep our team and organization safe and healthy. We will continue to educate the team regarding the importance of the protocols and remain committed to operating within the protocols.

Any further protocol violations could result in increased discipline for the Packers, including a loss of draft picks.

The NFL's review found Rodgers and Lazard to have attended a Halloween party despite being unvaccinated, according to Mark Maske of The Washington Post. The pair were also reportedly found to be noncompliant with their mask-wearing, something the public is already well aware of.

Rodgers and the Packers have been under fire basically since the moment it was reported Rodgers was out due to COVID-19 protocols for last weekend's game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Rodgers was designated as out early enough that he had to be unvaccinated, even though he had said he was "immunized" before the season, met with reporters without a mask (a protocol violation) and made no attempt to correct the record about his supposed vaccination. Lazard, who is also unvaccinated, was placed on the COVID-19 list as a close contact last month. He returned to the team days later.

Amid a torrent of criticism, Rodgers attempted to explain himself during an appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show" last week, but only ended up damaging his reputation further. The reigning MVP complained of being "in the crosshairs of the woke mob," insisted the science of his homeopathic treatment was sound, cited Joe Rogan for much of his information and basically compared himself to Martin Luther King Jr.

The NFL bristled at one claim in particular made by Rodgers, who said a league doctor had told him it is impossible for a vaccinated person to contract COVID-19. The league released a statement hours after the interview asserting none of its doctors had spoken with Rodgers at all, much less told him such an obviously wrong piece of information.

Rodgers would later make a repeat appearance on Tuesday, saying he took "full responsibility" for comments perceived to be misleading and shrugging off any further criticism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 25, 2021 12:55 AM

Pfft.

That's pocket change to him.

They might as well have fined him $5.

Same difference.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2021 1:18 PM

I believe this is what is referred to as "White Male Privilege."

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2021 1:26 PM

That’s reportedly 0.0004% of my yearly salary.

Rodger That.

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2021 1:30 PM

He's feeling more than a $15K loss, don't even worry. His image took a huge hit meaning endorsement deals will look much different for him moving forward. If anything, this whole scandal (if you want to call it that) has helped the world see the true Aaron Rodgers. He's a lying, hot-headed phony, pure and simple.

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2021 1:35 PM

What a joke. Shit like this is why I’m so disgusted with America.

by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2021 1:37 PM

So in other words, the NFL doesn't give a shit about lying about your vaccination, endangering the health and lives of others, and falsifying information.

Got it.

Corporate America is so FULL OF SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2021 1:44 PM

I wonder how the players who have to play him in a few days feel about this? He's still gonna have Covid breath. Hope they knock the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2021 1:59 PM

What an asshole. You know, I always kind of liked him. I am amused by the DL gay rumours. I liked that he was the first and highest profile NFL player to state that Kaepernick was ostracized because of his activism.

But then he lied about his vaccination status, put fans and everyone he works with at risk, and was so smug and dismissive about it. Maybe that little scorned twink was right about him being a sociopath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2021 2:26 PM

[quote] Fans Mock Absurdity Of Aaron Rodgers' Punishment For COVID-19 Violations

Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was fined a mere $14,650 for breaking the NFL’s COVID-19 protocols on Tuesday, ESPN reported. The light penalty outraged many football observers, one of whom correctly pointed out that another player was fined more for having his jersey untucked.

The NFL sanctioned Rodgers, who finally admitted last week that he’s unvaccinated, for going maskless at press conferences and occasionally among teammates, and for attending a Halloween party. Packers receiver Allen Lazard was also cited and fined the same amount.

Rodgers’ COVID carelessness went much further than that. The quarterback ― one of the NFL’s biggest stars ― misleadingly answered that he was “immunized” when a reporter asked his vaccination status in August.

When he came clean about it following a positive COVID-19 diagnosis that caused him to miss last week’s game, he launched into a doubt-casting, fact-defying explanation for his vaccine resistance. He said he was being pursued by a “woke mob” and was a “critical thinker” who was taking the unproven anti-parasite drug ivermectin as part of his process to “immunize.”

People on Twitter took shots at the NFL’s weak punishment of Rodgers, whose four-year contract pays him about $33.5 million per season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2021 6:32 PM

This Tweet says it all:

[quote] Aaron Rodgers got a smaller fine than Ceedee Lamb did for having his JERSEY UNTUCKED

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2021 6:38 PM

That's all? Assholes!

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2021 6:40 PM

Meanwhile, Colin Kaepernick lost his lifetime career and earnings for bending his knee in silent protest of police brutality.

No double standard here, NFL.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2021 6:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2021 6:45 PM

Literally, y'all better just calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2021 6:48 PM

Will these same people mocking Rodger's paltry fine stand up for the front line workers who are refusing the vaccine and losing their jobs? Didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2021 6:54 PM

Perhaps he got fined that amount because after reviewing the tapes, they found he mostly obeyed NFL safety protocols and his only infraction was not wearing a mask at all times.

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2021 6:56 PM

Disgusting person and shame on the NFL and the Packers for allowing this.

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote]Will these same people mocking Rodger's paltry fine stand up for the front line workers who are refusing the vaccine and losing their jobs? Didn't think so.

I'm going to guess you flunked logic.

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2021 6:58 PM

R18 Nope, it's perfectly logical. You can't enforce a set of rules for one subset and not another. If you maximize the punishment for Rodger's behavior, then many more millions will be impacted.

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2021 7:01 PM

America is so stupid. This type of shit is why our nation is falling. Republicans are dragging us all down.

by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2021 7:05 PM

R20

Actually, I mean conservatives. Because the stupid conservative Democrats are part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2021 7:08 PM

I agree with the troll. Unvaxed people who take up hospital beds with covid should also be fined an equal amount.

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2021 7:22 PM

It's lideral violince aginst my 110% heterosexual Man! (I'm gonna say here and now he is so Manly he is liderally like hung like a man-horse). That fine could liderally be like the amount of like what six grocery clerks earn in a month. It's like so much!

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2021 7:26 PM

R19, you really are fucking stupid. The same people (including me) who think Rodgers should not only be fined but should at least be fucking suspended for the rest of the season (and then hopefully retire and never been heard from again) are the people who also think the people refusing to be vaccinated SHOULD be fucking fired. We want harsh punishments for all these ignorant assholes. Your "logic" is literally backwards.

by Anonymousreply 24November 11, 2021 12:00 AM

R24 Vaccine mandates are not legal. The issue is still being litigated. Your opinion is not relevant.

by Anonymousreply 25November 11, 2021 12:05 AM

Any type of mandate that does pass will most likely include a different set of safety protocols for unvaccinated individuals. There will be some companies that will refuse to accommodate unvaccinated employees but they will likely see some backlash.

by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2021 12:27 AM

[quote] you really are fucking stupid. The same people (including me) who think Rodgers should not only be fined but should at least be fucking suspended for the rest of the season (and then hopefully retire and never been heard from again) are the people who also think the people refusing to be vaccinated SHOULD be fucking fired.

If others feel as strongly about this issue as you do, they would threaten to quit their jobs unless all companies refuse accommodations for unvaccinated. I don't see that happening.

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2021 12:33 AM

Again, R27, your logic is sorely lacking.

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2021 12:35 AM

R28 Time will tell, but I'm practically certain of how things will play out.

by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2021 12:36 AM

[quote]Vaccine mandates are not legal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 11, 2021 12:37 AM

[quote]I'm practically certain of how things will play out.

Yes, I’m sure you are.

by Anonymousreply 31November 11, 2021 12:38 AM

[quote] [R24] Vaccine mandates are not legal. The issue is still being litigated. Your opinion is not relevant.

They most certainly are legal, dumbass. Talk about someone not being relevant.

by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2021 1:19 AM

R32 Stop being obtuse. You know exactly what I meant.

by Anonymousreply 33November 11, 2021 1:25 AM

sorry ass son of a bitch.

LIAR !!!

by Anonymousreply 34November 11, 2021 4:07 AM

I hope he gets long covid...he fucking deserved it!

by Anonymousreply 35November 11, 2021 4:13 AM

Now would be a good time for Aaron to come out.

by Anonymousreply 36November 11, 2021 4:15 AM

It will be great if he plays like shit and gets winded so much by the second quarter that he has to sit out and force that shitty backup to play again.

by Anonymousreply 37November 11, 2021 4:17 AM

Like a good neighbor- State Farm don’t care. He should be free to lie after all. Fuck all other players.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 11, 2021 4:19 AM

So Shailene Woodley is defending his dick. Bets are on that they are not an item after the NFL season ends. Then this starts out a whole new cycle that we all know. He dumps her say April or May, and then "he's too busy with football" till training camp and then the 2022 NFL season. He gets another year with excuses. To think they would get married is laughable, let alone she know what his dick looks like.

But this lying sack of shit really put himself in the shithouse now. So he is going to try to get a plan together so he can be rehabbed in the public eye. Look for a completely different Aaron after the Superbowl. He is in desperate need of a public image makeover and he will not be able to get a beard at all even if he wants to because of how fucking toxic he is.

by Anonymousreply 39November 11, 2021 4:32 AM

The NFL has far too much power.

by Anonymousreply 40November 11, 2021 5:33 AM

[quote] So Shailene Woodley is defending his dick. Bets are on that they are not an item after the NFL season ends.

I thought it was a fake relationship and Shailene was frantically trying to distance herself from Aaron and trying to get out of the contract. But after her insane rant that embarrassed herself, I think maybe this relationship is real. Why else would she ruin her career with her rant about his dick size? It made her look really really bad and unstable. Someone in a contract would not be this invested, especially to the detriment of their own reputation.

by Anonymousreply 41November 11, 2021 4:00 PM

R41 In what universe should someone be cancelled for talking about their friend/boyfriend's dick size? She's acting like a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 42November 11, 2021 4:10 PM

Who said anything about her being cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 43November 11, 2021 4:48 PM

$14,560 for him is like the rest of us getting fined $1. The lack of any real consequence is the message the NFL is sending.

by Anonymousreply 44November 11, 2021 4:50 PM

He should have received jail time.

Or his head on a pike.

by Anonymousreply 45November 11, 2021 4:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 13, 2021 9:48 PM

burn in hell u closet covid queen who spreads his virus to ev body !!!!

by Anonymousreply 47November 14, 2021 4:24 AM

HE LOOKS SICK AS FUK

by Anonymousreply 48November 14, 2021 4:25 AM

WHO has fucked him up the ass?

by Anonymousreply 49November 14, 2021 4:28 AM

He is ugly inside and out. Never got DL’s lust for him.

by Anonymousreply 50November 14, 2021 4:32 AM

he looks like a pack a day loser who kills a quart o jim beam a nite......loney homosex.

by Anonymousreply 51November 14, 2021 4:38 AM

Will Smith movie looks like a lame comedy sketch .

by Anonymousreply 52November 14, 2021 4:47 AM

I hope Green Bay loses tomorrow now that Rodgers is back.

by Anonymousreply 53November 14, 2021 4:55 AM

I never thought I would one day read "I'm a critical thinker, so I consult with Joe Rogan". BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My ignorance is as good as your knowledge? Only in Amuhrica.

by Anonymousreply 54November 14, 2021 4:59 AM

[quote]I hope Green Bay loses tomorrow now that Rodgers is back.

I hope so too, but unfortunately I don’t think they will. He has that sociopathic evil energy/drive that is just ruthless and keeps going no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 55November 14, 2021 5:01 AM

[quote]He is ugly inside and out. Never got DL’s lust for him.

Me neither. And he has a long face like a horse, so I’m not surprised he took horse dewormer for his Covid.

by Anonymousreply 56November 14, 2021 5:03 AM

WHAT A LOSER OF A CLOSET FUKIN CASE

by Anonymousreply 57November 14, 2021 5:22 AM

Wall Street Journal says Rodgers now has "Covid toe". It's painful...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2021 12:47 PM

^Story won't load with that link so I tried to copy it here. Maybe it's too long, it won't upload. You can't win.

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2021 12:54 PM

It loaded for me, r59, I read it.

I’m glad it’s described as “very, very painful.”

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2021 1:30 PM

You have to divide up the text in two posts or it won’t load because it’s too long.

by Anonymousreply 61November 24, 2021 4:45 PM

Has he tried rubbing horse paste into his hoof, er, toe?

by Anonymousreply 62November 24, 2021 7:19 PM

Missy Aaron now says the "covid toe" thing was only a joke, and that he had actually fractured the little thing. What a relief.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 24, 2021 8:02 PM

is it true the ho can take 5 loads at a time?

by Anonymousreply 64November 25, 2021 12:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!