Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Charlene returns to Monaco after months away

I'm surprised the story's taken this turn. I'm curious what kind of concessions she got to come back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194June 25, 2022 3:47 AM

Apparently not. The Palace now admits that she is still suffering from an ailment "not entirely physical" and is somewhere in an undisclosed location.

It's lucky for the Grimaldis that the Harry and Meghan show keep sucking the air out of the room, because a bona fide and very dark Gothic royal story has been taking shape right under our noses. It isn't getting nearly the play it should.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2021 10:43 AM

It’s summer in Africa and she wants to return to her true home, Monaco, overlooking the stunning Mediterranean, to keep out of the heat.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2021 11:11 AM

He’s punishing her for her being humiliated by him having kids turning up like the annuals in my garden. She had a mental breakdown of immense anxiety and depression so she was sent to Africa to not be seen by anyones prying eyes. Also for the benefit of the kids. But he’s a scumbag bald fat pussy hound so he’s embarrassed he caused her mental illness and now they have to keep making up more issues. Poor woman will commit suicide if she can’t get the proper help and be able to care for her kids.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2021 11:16 AM

Gurl, youz in dainga!!

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2021 11:23 AM

I know they’re just regular clothes, but the things she’s wearing in that photo make her look like an Afghan freedom fighter or monk or something.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2021 11:29 AM

There's been something wrong with this marriage from the start. The Grimaldis make the BRF look like Leave It To Beaver.

They are, however, immensely rich and it's likely Charlene never stood a chance of getting out.

They've been hiding this train wreck since last March?

What are they going to do, hide her in the attic with a caretaker, like Mrs Rochester?

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2021 11:52 AM

The South African embassy may need to get involved. Charlene remains a citizen of SA.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2021 1:57 PM

Sounds like she has some sort of substance abuse issue coupled with mental health problems. I hope she gets the help she needs away from the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2021 2:04 PM

There was something about her having sinus surgeries which makes me wonder if she did too much coke?

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2021 2:16 PM

South Africa is not her homeland. She's of European decent and not African. She's from Europ not Africa.

She's a European woman, not blk. The Dutch invaded Africa centuries ago. The Dutch are not native to Africa, they are European. So therefore She's not native to South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2021 2:19 PM

If she was born there she's a native. Stop doing your best to be so stupid. It's really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2021 2:25 PM

Charlene is a citizen of South Africa. She was born in Zimbabwe and immigrated to SA as a young child.

Race - a social construct - has no bearing on her citizenship. Following your strange logic, R10, African Americans who are descended from Africans should be denied US citizenship. Hey - maybe Sadiq Khan should have his UK citizenship taken away, as he is not descended from native Anglo Saxons. See how faulty your logic is?

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2021 2:25 PM

Drugs or substance abuse, no question. Probably coupled with or caused by depression. Read Albert's interview very carefully, it's all in there. He makes clear her family - her brothers - were involved in the intervention. She has serious problems and they're dealing with it as a family, I don't believe there's any need for South Africa or any other country to get involved.

The choice of People as the go-to outlet for the "exclusive" is interesting in itself. Did he also grant interviews with the usual French papers? (Paris Match, etc).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote] Prince Baldy. No, the other one.

Prince William oozes Big Dick Energy.

Prince Albert oozes anything but BDE.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2021 6:02 PM

How sad

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2021 6:19 PM

The dungeon is lovely this time of year

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote] She's a European woman, not blk. The Dutch invaded Africa centuries ago. The Dutch are not native to Africa, they are European. So therefore She's not native to South Africa.

What a stupid argument. That would mean no one of black African or white European descent could ever be said to be American, and that only Native Americans could be.

No one but another idiot like yourself would accept that argument.

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2021 7:09 PM

Perhaps she will emerge as the Perfect Monaco Stepford wife.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2021 1:08 AM

Is she OK?

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2021 1:09 AM

Why are the kids so young? Isn't he like 60?

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2021 1:44 AM

R12 Strange how you jump to conclusions thinking I'm African American or even American.

There's way more people on this site other than Americans. No wonder there's so many problems in America surrounding race. White Americans love to attack black Americans when they believe it's a black person challenging them on something.

Same thing with you R17.

I absolutely understand how there's so many problems over in the US. The first thought and assumption, is that the person doing the challenging must be black. 400 plus, and the whites over in America still can't live in peace with their fellow black citizens. From 1619 up till now, African Americans never stud a chance in that hell hole of a country.

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2021 11:12 AM

Jesus, the latest is that his "overwhelmed wife" is being held in a facility somewhere.

If poster upthread's guess about drugs is correct, Charlene may have been self-medicating her marital misery and this is all rehab to try to get her off.

Held in a facility somewhere. Christ, this has gone from juicy gossip to really sinister.

I wonder if it's all, also, prepping the ground for the divorce on the grounds of poor Charlene's fragile physical and mental health. Albert has the heir he needed, and if she's a good girl and plays along, she gets a n replaced ce settlement and liberal visitation.

Caroline goes back to First Lady of Monaco.

As the keeper of that time portal in Star Trek said, "All is as it was."

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2021 11:26 AM

She’s signalling help in OP’s photo.

PS Albert has certainly packed on the pounds. The phrase fat fuck springs to mind.

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2021 11:31 AM

All of these people are beyond pathetic. Monaco is a shithole place. It's literally just a tiny island and Albert needs to end this whole sharade trying to pretend they're Royalty when they're not.

All monarchies need to fall. It's nonsense at this point.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2021 11:34 AM

R21 I never said you were African American. I think this is a matter of reading comprehension given that English is probably your second, third or fourth language.

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2021 11:39 AM

It sounds like a car accident is about to happen.

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2021 11:45 AM

R25 You need to reread your original post about citizenship. The very first thing you brought up was the citizenship of African Americans and Sadiq Kahn, the mayor of London. Not the citizenship of white Americans, Asians or Latinos etc. You went straight to African Americans as though you figured I was African American. But you didn't question the legitimacy of white American citizenship.

You exposed yourself as the racist you are asshole.

Again, no wonder America is in the mess it's always been in. You guys are a failing country and it's spectacular to watch America's downfall from a distance. Keep it up. You guys are some really horrible people in a really horrible uncivilized country.

I see you & so dose the rest of the world and it's truly frightening.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2021 12:18 PM

She must be so miserable trapped in Monaco hating both the place and Albert. Every time she returns there she probably goes into a black depression.

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2021 2:02 PM

I guess I have a couple of points. If she truly has a drug addiction, then her family is kind of stuck—she needs to be in a treatment facility, it’s the best option for her to heal and become sober. So r22, I just don’t know about sinister. If this were an ordinary family, rehab would be a no brainer. I also think there would be huge blowback if Albert tries to divorce her because of her mental fragility—can you imagine the media on that one? They’d crucify him.

The best scenario for all is for her to get well and strong, and divorce him if it’s a loveless marriage. Then figure out joint custody that works for both.

R24, I agree. Funny enough, Albert is probably more like a true monarch than the other European monarchies. He wields tremendous power in Monaco and has an enormous fortune.

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2021 2:14 PM

If she dies in the next few months, be suspicious…be very suspicious 🤨

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2021 2:46 PM

[quote]Albert is probably more like a true monarch than the other European monarchies. He wields tremendous power in Monaco and has an enormous fortune

How is he regarded by his subjects? Come to think of it what percentage of people living in Monaco are actually of Monégasque origin as opposed to foreigners seeking tax shelter?

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2021 5:05 PM

R24, Monaco is not an island, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2021 5:21 PM

^^^ Guess they've never even been there to know that.

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2021 6:08 PM

Albert is not mere figurehead royalty in his principality, he is the de facto "CEO" of Monaco, the unelected ruler who makes most of the final decisions there. This sets the Grimaldis apart from most of their European royal counterparts, the actual power they have in their small fiefdom.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2021 6:42 PM

Yes, r34, and despite its smallness, lots of money is concentrated and flows through there.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote] Hey - maybe Sadiq Khan should have his UK citizenship taken away, as he is not descended from native Anglo Saxons.

Ahem, "native" Anglo-Saxons?

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2021 6:46 PM

R32 It is a small shitty island asshole.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2021 7:21 PM

No it isn’t, R37.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2021 7:25 PM

It's definitely a small island for sure.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2021 7:28 PM

Why all the compassion for this lady? I don't get it?

I thought DL hated druggies?

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2021 7:29 PM

Someone's here being obtuse on purpose, it seems ... for the record, Monaco is NOT an island.

It's a tiny place on the Côte d'Azur (French Riviera), entirely surrounded by France and pretty close to Nice.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2021 7:34 PM

But it's still a small sized island through. It just is. I don't understand why that's so hard to except and understand?

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2021 7:51 PM

R42, Google maps is your friend. Monaco is not surrounded by water.

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2021 7:54 PM

There’s point in arguing with someone who doesn’t understand the difference between “except” and “accept”.

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2021 8:12 PM

Block R10, and the stupid in this thread disappears.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2021 8:29 PM

Monaco has about 30,000 people and only 16 % are natives. So Fat Albert rules over a very small number of folks.

by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2021 8:33 PM

Charlene is not well. I feel sorry for her. It seems that in addition to her medical problems, she has some deep-seeded psychological issues. Her kids must be so confused not understanding what is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2021 9:15 PM

Stay out, Charlene!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2021 9:23 PM

How the fuck did the Mayor of London get into this story?!

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2021 9:28 PM

Monaco is definitely a coastal place so is next to water on one side. It's backed up against very high hills on the French boundary, however.

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2021 11:23 PM

Is Monaco really smaller than Central Park?

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2021 12:07 AM

R40 Most DLers are prescription druggies.

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2021 12:15 AM

Yes r51, considerably so, in terms of acreage. CP is 800 acres+ and Monaco is 510.

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2021 1:09 AM

There's so much stupid in this thread... I don't know who to blame.

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2021 1:22 AM

[quote] Prince William oozes Big Dick Energy.

Why do people keep saying this? We've seen it and it's not big.

[quote] Caroline goes back to First Lady of Monaco.

No! Sharon Stone will be the First Lady of Monaco. She'll make an excellent princess; she's no glum cunt.

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2021 1:41 AM

This kind of photo is just sad to me. She does seem happy to see him again and leans in for the photo. He remains ramrod straight. I realize he's royalty and has to maintain decorum, dignity, etc. But where is the warmth and love for a troubled wife who was gone for 6 months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote] Prince William oozes Big Dick Energy

🤢🤢🤢

I’m going to IGNORE this user.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2021 10:52 AM

Is the Thread Idiot thinking of Capri? Malta? Madagascar?

Monaco is not only NOT an island; it's not even a peninsula!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2021 11:25 AM

R56 "But where is the warmth and love for a troubled wife who was gone for 6 months. "

I see it (his face is rather relaxed in comparison to his otherwise static business looks) . Albert is the guy who talks with Prime Ministers, Premiers, Chancellors and Presidents. He actually cleaned Monaco from the stench of financial shenanigans right after his father Rainier stepped down from the business side and is taken seriously by EU officials. Thanks to his efforts Monaco has the Euro even though they're not in the EU (the only exception within the Euro currency community). As already mentioned he has to keep a tight hand on the financial dealings and he's doing that more closely than his father to keep Monaco's reputation a bit more serious (UK is taking the shady spot).

Of course the picture on their IG is not private. Albert grew up in his role, the public image is now mirroring the visible side of his parents which was always formal too. Compared to the royals in Spain and Britain Albert is a bit more open-minded but not as much as the Dutch or Swedish. No wonder Albert used 'People' for the message because that's what his mother would've done, understanding media. I think Albert chose the right words and believe the official report on Charlene's health is correct but nowadays people would even dispute medical papers if there were any. Yes, they're probably glad that the French press spare them the Markle treatment.

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2021 1:15 PM

May that I spent a delightful week in Monaco and it is not an island. It touches Italy on the East and France to the west.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2021 1:33 PM

"May I say"

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2021 1:35 PM

I bet Albert would have let his mom do Marnie.

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2021 1:42 PM

I had friends who worked in Monaco (they hated it; sterile and bloodless, but that’s largely the point) and they used to pop into Italy to the convenience store across the border to buy cheaper cigarettes and alcohol and pray they weren’t stopped to pay duty when recrossing.

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2021 1:48 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64November 22, 2021 2:11 PM

The person who needs to hijack the thread to talk about William’s alleged BDE is 1) a narcissist who has to hijack threads to talk about his obsession and force others to acknowledge his perceived good taste; and 2) a tiresome royalist who thinks that their opinions about royalty are the only ones. There’s a surfeit of those types online.

by Anonymousreply 65November 22, 2021 2:23 PM

Hey R65:

Calm down, Harry. Sorry that instead of having your brother's BDE, you're a pussywhipped moron.

by Anonymousreply 66November 22, 2021 2:26 PM

So Charlene found someone richer and better looking than Fat Albert?

by Anonymousreply 67November 22, 2021 3:41 PM

If so, good on her. She might as well file for divorce now. Albert would have to give in to joint custody, otherwise he'd have to face a MAJOR shitstorm.

by Anonymousreply 68November 22, 2021 3:46 PM

No he won't have to "give in" to joint custody, because custody and other issues were settled far in advance of their marriage and agreed to via pre-nuptial contract. Iron clad. Albert's children are in line for next Head of State, he will retain majority custody no matter what.

How would he face a "major shitstorm" r68? You think the citizens of Monaco are all going to rise up and overthrow him because his soon-to-be foreign-born ex had serious problems at home with him? "Duh" would be the collective statement on that. He's a Grimaldi, it's the norm.

The Monégasques will shrug, tut-tut it all and get on with their pampered, privileged lives.

by Anonymousreply 69November 22, 2021 5:16 PM

Maybe she could fall in love with a trapeze artist and become part of his act traveling throughout Europe astonishing everyone with her quadruple somersault.

by Anonymousreply 70November 22, 2021 5:30 PM

R70 - "I already ran away with the circus so she's going to have to come up with some other life for herself."

by Anonymousreply 71November 22, 2021 5:34 PM

South Africa could get involved in a custody battle that involved taking away a mother's rights. Also the European Court of Human Rights - I am sure they would have something to say about this. After all, despite not being in the EU, Monaco uses the Euro and wouldn't want to jeopardize that. Some of you live in the previous century. Princess Haya, married to a Prince far far wealthier than Albert, was able to get full custody of her royal offspring.

The world will not sit back and let this poor women lose custody over her children once she is on the mend.

by Anonymousreply 72November 22, 2021 5:44 PM

R72 get a grip, no one is talking about her losing her full custody. She could be a full blown psycho, and she will retain some minimal custody and rights over her children. We're talking about PRIMARY custody, who will keep the children during the school week, who will have the upper hand in major decisions. Right now, in this particular marriage, that is the stable and currently healthy father, Albert.

South Africa will NOT get involved in a custody battle involving the Head of State of a small but very wealthy European principality. Not when custody issues were pre-determined before the marriage by contract, reviewed and signed by both parties. And not when the spouse involved spends months away from her children, and returns home to immediately end up in rehab or a mental facility. Are you kidding?

Princess Haya is the (sober and sane) daughter of a powerful King, the sister of another current one who has close economic and political relations with the kingdom ruled by her estranged husband. It's not an similar situation; she was always going to have more control over her outcome. Mohammed also terrorized her and her children, threatening to kidnap them and subject them to similar tortures he's known to have inflicted on his older daughters. There's absolutely no similarity to Albert and the twins in Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 73November 22, 2021 5:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 22, 2021 6:06 PM

The old maids on DL assume she wants custody because she's a woman. But there's very little indication she's ever been involved in her kids' lives the way we think a mother "should be," and she's already been away from them for a year. I doubt custody is what's driving her decision-making at this point. Who knows what is-- but I doubt it's that.

by Anonymousreply 75November 22, 2021 6:12 PM

R72 - Princess Haya took her children to England. If she had left them, her husband probably wouldn't let her see them again. I don't know if the Monegasque law has changed but during Rainier and Grace's time, the reigning prince would retain primary custody of the children in the event of a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 76November 22, 2021 6:15 PM

R69 of course people in Monaco won't care. And Albert certainly won't either - he got a male heir out of that marriage, that's pretty much all he ever wanted in the first place.

The shitstorm he might have to face won't come from Monaco, but from outside. And let's not forget, Monaco - as rich as it is on its own - does need foreign money, too.

by Anonymousreply 77November 22, 2021 6:38 PM

Jesus, r77. "Foreign money" doesn't give a rats ass about poor, dissolute wacky Charlene and the domestic craziness of the Grimaldis. They never have. There will be no shitstorm, from anyplace.

by Anonymousreply 78November 22, 2021 7:13 PM

Fat Albert certainly can't afford to lose Monaco's good reputation (i.e. money) due to some custody battle.

by Anonymousreply 79November 22, 2021 7:18 PM

Good reputation has nothing to do with Monaco’s success, R79. In fact quite the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 80November 22, 2021 7:48 PM

Prince Albert is the reigning monarch. The children are his.

I wonder where Charlene is.

by Anonymousreply 81November 22, 2021 8:12 PM

Raphaël Elmaleh has his mother's looks and gorgeous blue eyes. Unfortunately, he has very big ears too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 22, 2021 8:20 PM

Pierre Casiraghi, Charlotte Casiraghi, Stefano Casiraghi and Francesco Casiraghi attend the Monaco National Day celebrations in Monaco. Pierre's two boys Stefano and Francesco are handsome boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 22, 2021 8:22 PM

More photos of Pierre's family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 22, 2021 8:23 PM

Andrea Casiraghi's family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85November 22, 2021 8:24 PM

Princess Gabriella of Monaco. By the look in her eye, she's definitely in contention for Prince Oscar of Sweden's future wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 22, 2021 8:27 PM

Bored Prince Jacques playing dress up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 22, 2021 8:29 PM

Sorry, mate, but Lil' Evil Oscar is mine - and together we will rule the world!

by Anonymousreply 88November 22, 2021 8:29 PM

R87 poor kid being forced to dress up like a moron.

I'd laugh so hard at Fat Albert if Jacques (hereditary prince), the male heir he moved heaven and hell for to get, decides to renounce the throne so that his sister Gabriella will ultimately end up being the monarch.

by Anonymousreply 89November 22, 2021 8:35 PM

Casiraghi was handsome and Caroline was pretty so it was probable their kids would be very good-looking. And with that money and royal blood they have it pretty good no matter what their problems.

I don't get the people on here either who have this idea that all mothers are saints who must be with their children. Maybe she's happy on her own in South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 90November 22, 2021 9:04 PM

I don't understand why Albert waited until 53 to get married and chose so badly despite waiting so long. Any marriage of his was clearly a business arrangement and, if lucky, a love match, but he chose someone wholly unsuited to the task. In the 10 years he knew her, he didn't notice her vulnerabilities?

He could have had a pick of a number of European aristcratic women who knew the drill and was accustomed to the expectations and protocol or an ambitious, educated woman -- someone like Mary of Denmark -- who'd recognize her good fortune and get on with the job.

by Anonymousreply 91November 22, 2021 9:10 PM

Maybe Albert’s reputation preceded him, R91.

by Anonymousreply 92November 22, 2021 9:18 PM

If the reputation is for being a cad who cheats on partners, I think many women would tolerate it, r92, especially if social mobility is involved. (Aren't the French upper middle and classes above famously tolerant of extramarital affairs?) Does he have another type of darker reputation?

by Anonymousreply 93November 22, 2021 9:35 PM

R91 why, do you think, did Prince Harry never get to date a top aristo bird? They all had his number, that's why.

It has been pretty much the same with Gross Albert.

by Anonymousreply 94November 22, 2021 9:36 PM

A lot of these woman can make a great catch in any case but don't want to be in a constant spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 95November 22, 2021 9:42 PM

Is Raphaël Elmaleh a royal bastard?

by Anonymousreply 96November 23, 2021 12:14 AM

R96 it’s a shame that there isn’t a tool that would allow people to search for information, to save people like you asking idiotic questions here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 23, 2021 12:38 AM

Albert sounds very childish and entitled. Same with Caroline.

by Anonymousreply 98November 23, 2021 1:34 AM

Albert should’ve married the airline stewardess, the one he has a son with.

by Anonymousreply 99November 23, 2021 2:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 24, 2021 6:33 PM

I wonder if they're punishing her or if she's so nuts they're just laying the groundwork for the inevitable exile?

by Anonymousreply 101November 24, 2021 7:23 PM

Isn't it about time Donizetti writes Charlene Grimaldi Principessa di Monaco?

by Anonymousreply 102November 25, 2021 1:44 AM

She is big time ana.

by Anonymousreply 103November 25, 2021 7:46 AM

The Maul quoting Page 6 claims now she has suffered all these months from a swallowing disorder caused by the sinus surgery, which accounts for everything that ails her.

Interesting it should pop up on Page 6.

by Anonymousreply 104November 25, 2021 12:02 PM

There are many ways to deliver nutrients to someone with issues around "swallowing". Folks with throat cancer aren't allowed to waste away and starve to death.

by Anonymousreply 105November 25, 2021 1:05 PM

Often a feeding tube isn’t an option post-sinus surgery but not for like months and months.

I think she got addicted to painkillers post surgery and is in rehab detoxing .

by Anonymousreply 106November 25, 2021 1:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 25, 2021 1:30 PM

R83 and r84, Pierre's younger and blonder angelic son looks in line for a re-make of "Death in Venice."

by Anonymousreply 108November 26, 2021 10:30 AM

They are all a camp event, rivaling Jolie and her brood.

by Anonymousreply 109November 26, 2021 10:46 AM

R76 That is the case with most, if not all, the monarchies in Europe, and probably in Japan, as well.

It's written into the prenuptial agreements the married ins have to sign. No one in this day and age would prevent the (usually) ex-wife from generous access to the kids, but she'd have to stay in the country. Ultimate control rests with the Sovereign.

For all his bluster at Diana's funeral, Charles Spencer knew perfectly well that it was hot air about "being there" for the boys as their "blood family". As if, you know, the Windsors adopted William and Harry from the Spencers. The Earl knew perfectly well that they would be raised as Windsors. He also knew that after shooting his mouth off to assuage his own guilt re Diana, his own access would be next to none, and he'd be off the hook, anyway.

That's probably why some of the unhappier spouses have stayed in.

by Anonymousreply 110November 26, 2021 11:36 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 26, 2021 1:45 PM

On Lady Colin Campbell's YouTube video today, she discussed Charlene's health. She has mutual friends with Charlene.

She said that Charlene's throat has been damaged by her operations and infections that it closes and doesn't allow her to eat anything. Lady Colin had the same problem in her twenties.

by Anonymousreply 112November 30, 2021 5:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 2, 2021 2:10 PM

The pictures on the People site really indicate the extent to which she fucked up her face; she once was a handsome (if rather broad shouldered) woman. Whatever ails her, clearly isn't just physical because that statement from Fat Albert clearly indicates she's in some type of "facility for her own good" (i.e. locked up in the booby hatch).

I dare say, Our Evil Little Oskar will not want to wade into this level of crazy

by Anonymousreply 114December 2, 2021 5:07 PM

Is she suffering from severe anxiety and depression?

Honey I'm right there with you.

by Anonymousreply 115December 2, 2021 6:34 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 4, 2021 1:19 PM

At least Ernst looks less nerdy now.

by Anonymousreply 117December 4, 2021 2:46 PM

Caroline will hold onto her HRH title through a fucking nuclear war. Ernst could have fifty underage concubines and sex slaves and she would not divorce him.

by Anonymousreply 118December 4, 2021 4:17 PM

Just one?

by Anonymousreply 119December 4, 2021 4:18 PM

R117 - He looks much slimmer, as well. Looks like he got off the booze and got himself something resembling a life.

I'd ask why Caroline doesn't divorce him, but we already know why: she finally got an HRH marrying him and she wants to keep it. FYI: her child, the only one in the family with an HRH due to being Ernst's daughter, converted to Catholicism to become more a part of her mother's family's culture, and relinquished her place in the line of succession to the British throne. In Monaco, she is by courtesy titled HRH Princess Alexandra of Hanover. Outside it, she is called Alexandra, Princess of Hanover.

But Caroline ain't givin' up that HRH without splinters from the porch railings under her fingernails.

by Anonymousreply 120December 4, 2021 11:08 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 8, 2021 12:59 PM

HRH Princess Caroline of Hanover is not an authentic title. There is no aristocracy of Germany, nor of the former Austrian Empire. Furthermore, German titles were removed from British claims by the Titles Deprivation Act 1917.

Caroline's ONLY title is Princess of Monaco and she should be grateful for that. It's a legitimate title in 2021.

by Anonymousreply 122December 8, 2021 1:43 PM

It is equally true that whatever doesn't kill you makes you weaker and more frail.

by Anonymousreply 123December 8, 2021 3:20 PM

Did she go on a trip to SA when illness struck? When I think of top notch medical care, South Africa doesn't make the list. Even if it did, the society has become increasingly violent in recent years. A lot of British ex pats are moving back.

by Anonymousreply 124December 8, 2021 7:06 PM

R122 - As if she cares if it's "legitimate" or not. She uses it. And in Monaco, she is, as noted below, formally known as HRH Princess Alexandra of Hanov.er

"Alexandra is the only one of Princess Caroline's four children who bears any royal style or title. While she is formally styled as Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra of Hanover in Monaco, she is afforded the style and title out of courtesy elsewhere. As the Kingdom of Hanover no longer exists, her legally recognized name in Germany is Alexandra Princess of Hanover, with Princess of Hanover forming her surname. She is 13th in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne. Through her father, she was in the line of succession to the British throne until 2018 when she was confirmed into the Catholic Church."

by Anonymousreply 125December 8, 2021 11:52 PM

They are now acknowledging that Charlene has entered a "clinic" in Switzerland.

It's obvious that the woman had a very real mental breakdown. Whether or not the physical stuff was true as well, and used initially for cover, or not, is anyone's guess.

Whatever the case, the real question is, will she ever return to Monaco, and if not, will she ever be allowed to live on her own as a free woman again.

This is juicy gossip, but at heart a very dark story whose real facts the Grimaldis will do their best to keep from the public.

For all his money, Albert is trash.

by Anonymousreply 126December 9, 2021 12:27 PM

She's giving me Rosemary's Baby vibes in some of those photos. Fucked up hair and looks like on death's door. I hope she gets over this, and finds happiness elsewhere. We all knew it was doomed from the start.

by Anonymousreply 127December 9, 2021 12:46 PM

Charlene released birthday photos of her children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128December 10, 2021 12:46 PM

No more talk of her incredibly dangerous and life-threatening sinus infection?

Guess not. We all knew that was a cover for a mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 129December 10, 2021 12:59 PM

I wonder how long she'll remain "locked up"? It's been quite a while already.

by Anonymousreply 130December 10, 2021 3:38 PM

Sad that she's never been to her.

by Anonymousreply 131December 10, 2021 3:43 PM

How nice for her that with a mental breakdown she doesn't have to worry about medical bills and money. She is not going to recover and then find she is financially devastated and has even worse problems than before.

by Anonymousreply 132December 10, 2021 4:10 PM

I feel bad when a mother isn't there to celebrate their children's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 133December 10, 2021 4:12 PM

R132, I don’t begrudge her for that.

by Anonymousreply 134December 10, 2021 4:22 PM

My sister is an estate planner and she had a client whose mother left him several hundreds of thousands of dollars which is all he had. After her death(the father had died years before) he had a nervous breakdown and all that money was taken by the government for his treatment and care and he was left with nothing.

by Anonymousreply 135December 10, 2021 4:41 PM

R135,w hat do you mean it was taken by the government? In the US, the government doesn’t take your money. Healthcare is a private industry. Was this somewhere else?

by Anonymousreply 136December 10, 2021 4:43 PM

No it was here. Healthcare can take your money unless it is in a medical trust which protects it. His mother left the money directly to him to be distributed by the estate planner and he would have been fine. But he unexpectedly had the breakdown and the money left to him were his assets which can be taken for healthcare. It is much like an elderly person going into a nursing home. Their assets can be seized like a home and financial assets and when that is used up they then go on medicare.

by Anonymousreply 137December 10, 2021 5:02 PM

I also know of someone whose parents owned a home in a lower class Italian Hispanic neighborhood in Brooklyn. The mother did nothing to protect it which often happens because people don't want to think about death and are frightened of their children throwing them out on the street. She held onto it without putting it in his name, the neighborhood gentrified, the house soared in value and the guy got nothing from it because the proceeds all went to her nursing home. He was pretty bitter.

by Anonymousreply 138December 10, 2021 5:22 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 11, 2021 1:38 PM

R138 The NY taxpayers paid $80 billion for Medicaid last year. I am glad that NY was able to recoup taxpayers dollars as they should. We pay already the highest taxes in the nation, and I hope NY is strict with making sure folks pay for their nursing care, and cannot leave money to others when they owe the NY taxpayers for their care.

by Anonymousreply 140December 11, 2021 2:03 PM

R137 I know this. My point is that you said the government took the money. It wasn’t the government it was private industry. We don’t have universal health care here so it’s a misnomer to claim it was the government who took the money.

by Anonymousreply 141December 11, 2021 3:37 PM

It is a common misconception that the nursing home itself seizes your assets. In reality, it is Medicaid that would look to your assets to pay for any nursing home care you need before allowing you to use Medicaid’s benefits as payment.

Medicaid is State-run program using partial federal funding Medicare is the national health services program for older Americans.

by Anonymousreply 142December 11, 2021 5:52 PM

In terms of the guy who had his assets seized I doubt it was the institution itself that could seize his money.

by Anonymousreply 143December 11, 2021 6:14 PM

Princess Stephanie was on "Mommy Duty" with the twins as she helped them give out Christmas gifts. Two of her own children attended as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 16, 2021 5:07 PM

Princess Charlene has been undressed by kings.

by Anonymousreply 145December 16, 2021 5:10 PM

Maybe this guy (whose mother bequeathed him hundreds of thousands of dollars) had no medical insurance and ended up in a state-run hospital, free of charge. Generally, in the US, you or your insurance company are supposed to be paying your own medical bills. Thereafter, the state realized that the guy actually had money and seized his assets.

by Anonymousreply 146December 16, 2021 5:50 PM

Considering she hasn't been around to pose for this drawing, it's a very strange Christmas card released by Charlene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 23, 2021 10:54 AM

R147 holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 148December 23, 2021 11:21 AM

A very "vague" update on Charlene's health.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 24, 2021 1:07 PM

Charlene may have a relapse if she sees this photo of her children with Albert's illegitimate spawn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 2, 2022 2:39 PM

That's a nice photo at r150. Why would Charlene complain? They are all siblings, their father has a right to have photos taken of them together.

by Anonymousreply 151January 2, 2022 5:02 PM

She's transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 152January 2, 2022 5:05 PM

I think she may have become hooked on pain killers after her botched surgery and subsequent infection.

by Anonymousreply 153January 2, 2022 6:34 PM

R152. No, sick tranny fuck. She is not.

by Anonymousreply 154January 2, 2022 6:50 PM

Something is sure taking a long time to heal.

by Anonymousreply 155January 2, 2022 7:55 PM

[quote]Charlene may have a relapse if she sees this photo of her children with Albert's illegitimate spawn.

Next week of Game of Thrones: Monaco Edition - The Battle of Bastards Versus the Turkey Baster Babies!

by Anonymousreply 156January 2, 2022 11:23 PM

Today is Charlene's 44th birthday and her foundation tweeted this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 25, 2022 5:35 PM

R157 - That photo on the foundation's website for the video is the Emperor's New Clothes: the truth staring you in the face whilst pretending to be its opposite.

A very, very, very bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 158January 25, 2022 6:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159January 27, 2022 3:54 PM

Another vague update on Charlene's progress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 28, 2022 3:11 PM

I’m surprised that France hasn’t simply invaded Monaco and abolished the principality.

by Anonymousreply 161January 28, 2022 4:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162February 21, 2022 3:19 PM

"Good news citizens of Monaco! The shock treatments have worked & your highness is out of the rubber room!"

by Anonymousreply 163February 22, 2022 6:33 PM

She's finally home!

Princess Charlene is back home in Monaco with husband Prince Albert and their children Jacques and Gabriella.

"The Princely Couple therefore asks that their private life and family environment continue to be respected," an official statement for Monaco's Princess Charlene stated on Saturday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 12, 2022 7:38 PM

"Princely Couple" must be a normal phrase, but it sounds weird.

by Anonymousreply 165March 12, 2022 8:00 PM

R165 That’s because they aren’t Royal - Monaco being a principality. Also why they have the style “Serene Highness” and not “Royal Highness”.

I’ve heard Albert correct an interviewer who referred to the “royal family of Monaco” - “no, ‘Princely’”.

It’s one step down in the hierarchy however I assume that the Grimaldi billions compensate somewhat.

by Anonymousreply 166March 12, 2022 8:32 PM

I wonder if this "rumor" is true - if Charlene has left Monaco again, where has she gone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167April 7, 2022 2:05 PM

It's like "The Crown Princess' Family" r165.

by Anonymousreply 168April 7, 2022 2:57 PM

A strange Easter photo has been released.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2022 5:14 PM

Oh here they are actually looking at the camera.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 17, 2022 5:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171April 24, 2022 2:23 PM

Alexandre looks like he sucks dick.

by Anonymousreply 172April 24, 2022 2:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 30, 2022 8:27 PM

She looks a bit more physically healthy; but, still incredibly miserable.

by Anonymousreply 174April 30, 2022 9:32 PM

The changing face of Charlene over the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175May 2, 2022 8:46 PM

The "family intervention" with her brothers -- she's a drug addict. Heroin probably but I guess could be alcohol or anything else, really. What else could you have an "intervention" for? Bipolar disorder? Clinical depression? (if you won't admit you have a mental illness) But I've never heard of family interventions except for addictions.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 176May 2, 2022 9:06 PM

Just a guess but Charlene may have been an addicted to the pain killers she was given after her botched surgery.

by Anonymousreply 177May 2, 2022 9:16 PM

Oh dear, Charlene looks like she's had more plastic surgery. And that hair color does nothing for her. It just makes her skin look washed out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178May 7, 2022 5:02 PM

I wonder if she will be going back to the apartment she was living in for many years up until the trip to South Africa. It was common knowledge among locals that she didn’t live at the palace as no secret was made of her comings and goings in that neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 179June 23, 2022 5:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 23, 2022 5:27 AM

Why does she need plastic surgery to be with that fat fuck?

And his mother was Grace Kelly ??

by Anonymousreply 181June 23, 2022 5:29 AM

He seems like he has her drugged 24/7. She clearly saw him doing something so fucked up, he sent her to Africa, drugged her and brainwashed her and she came back to Monaco half lobotomized.

by Anonymousreply 182June 23, 2022 12:53 PM

She seems deeply afraid of him, starting from their engagement.

by Anonymousreply 183June 24, 2022 3:33 PM

Her face does look markedly different. She used to have high cheekbones and a somewhat long visage. Now her nose is very wide and she’s got a “joker”-like smile.

by Anonymousreply 184June 24, 2022 3:56 PM

Poor darling girl - I hope he hasn't been abusive to her. Can she get away from him, if so?

by Anonymousreply 185June 24, 2022 3:58 PM

R184 there has been ageing, two children and dramatic weight loss since those days - weight loss particularly acute while in South Africa. . It looks like she is back to a healthier weight since being in rehab or wherever they sent her but she’s older now and clearly been through a lot of something.

by Anonymousreply 186June 24, 2022 11:54 PM

R181 amazing isn’t it? None of those kids got any of grace Kelly’s good genes. Rainer was a pretty unpleasant looking guy. I guess her looks neutralized that a bit but all three of her children ended up quite bland looking.

by Anonymousreply 187June 24, 2022 11:56 PM

R187 you’re kidding right? Both girls were stunning in their youth. Even Albert was good looking. Hard living, drugs and smoking took its toll, but the girls were gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 188June 25, 2022 1:06 AM

You’re the one kidding right r188? Stephanie was widely thought to be manly looking with the massive shoulders but maybe that’s your thing. Caroline was lousy at best. Neither came close to Grace by any stretch of the imagination.

by Anonymousreply 189June 25, 2022 1:20 AM

R189 both of them were renowned beauties. You’re the only person maybe in the world who thinks Caroline’s looks were lousy. Both today haven’t aged well, but when they were young is a different story.

by Anonymousreply 190June 25, 2022 2:00 AM

Oh r90 you’re the same fucking person as r188 and pretty much the only other poster on this thread I see too. Stop acting like there’s an army of people exposing the “renowned “ beauty of those two fraus

by Anonymousreply 191June 25, 2022 2:05 AM

R191, you’re a loon. Yes I’m r188 and r190. They’re maybe my second and third posts on this thread. Wow, is there a full moon out there? I guess Roe being overturned brought out all nuts.

You know what r191? You’re right, they’re both ugly. You’re obviously familiar with ugly. More to the point, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 192June 25, 2022 2:18 AM

And btw, in case anyone thinks I’m for the decision today, I’m not, I realize that my post at r192 might look otherwise. I meant all the right trolls who are infesting our board are out in full force tonight.

by Anonymousreply 193June 25, 2022 2:21 AM

Why am I being dragged into this? My post is from Nov.

by Anonymousreply 194June 25, 2022 3:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!