Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tori Amos Achieves 10th Top 10 on Billboard's Top Album Sales Chart With ‘Ocean to Ocean’

Tori Amos achieves her tenth top 10 on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart – and highest charting effort in over a decade – as her new album Ocean to Ocean debuts at No. 6 (on the chart dated Nov. 13). The set, which was released on Oct. 29, is the singer-songwriter’s first new full-length studio album since 2017.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2021 12:49 AM

Tori performed Ocean to Ocean and 29 Years live on BBC solo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2021 9:48 PM

Outside of "Midwinter Graces", I haven't really enjoyed a Tori album as much as I enjoyed "American Doll Posse" (2007). I'll have to give this a listen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2021 9:57 PM

R2 It’s a great album. I’m not much of a fan of ADP, save for a handful of gems. This album and the one before it - Native Invader - IMO, are her best albums this millennium. I’d rank them behind her first five masterpieces.

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2021 10:01 PM

Do Tori Amos fans enjoy Kate Bush?

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2021 10:43 PM

Good for her, but I really can't stand her. She certainly has her devoted fans though.

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2021 10:47 PM

I think so, R4 but I watched her on some youtube video when she was on a morning show in London and they said she was giving "Kate Bush vibes" on this album and she responded that it was a great compliment.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2021 12:36 AM

R4 Tori and Kate are my go-to musicians, whatever mood I’m in.

R6 I missed that! I’ll have to check that interview out.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2021 12:45 AM

A top 10 album with 9,000 copies! What a fucking joke.

by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2021 12:46 AM

R8, I don't know how many people measure success by the number of albums sold anymore. I stream everything and haven't purchased a CD/album since the late 90's-early 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2021 12:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!