Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dexter is back

Will anyone be watching?

Will he get a boyfriend now that MCH is 'fluid'?

by Anonymousreply 309February 9, 2023 6:12 PM

I fell asleep with 20 minutes left.

by Anonymousreply 1November 7, 2021 9:15 AM

I liked Dexter back in the day, but I just couldn't care less now.

by Anonymousreply 2November 7, 2021 9:34 AM

I don't have Showtime :-(

by Anonymousreply 3November 7, 2021 10:30 AM

I was a faithful Dexter follower until the last two seasons. I think I'll pass on any further installments.

by Anonymousreply 4November 7, 2021 10:57 AM

I liked old Dexter because he drove the exact same car and color as I did. Now he drives a truck, so meh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 7, 2021 11:21 AM

I dedicated years to this series only to be irritated by it the last two seasons. I couldn’t give a shit to even see the previews of this silly do-over. There’s no way I’m going back to Showtime to watch it. They fucked up. It’s over and they need to Let it go.

by Anonymousreply 6November 7, 2021 11:44 AM

Serial killing lumberjacks? What's not to like?

by Anonymousreply 7November 7, 2021 11:51 AM

I finished the episode, I fell asleep @R1. about 9 minutes before the end it gets a jolt. I'll watch the next one.

I liked the first series until the 5th season, but I did like Jordan Chase/the barrel girl story line.

by Anonymousreply 8November 7, 2021 12:11 PM

“Will he get a boyfriend now that MCH is 'fluid'?”

Dexter has always been a big proponent of embalming fluid.

by Anonymousreply 9November 7, 2021 2:37 PM

Sign me up. I watched the entire series twice.

by Anonymousreply 10November 7, 2021 2:41 PM

Dexter was my favorite show back in the day. All of you guys saying you left after season 6, while I understand (season 6 was trash), you missed out on the great revival that was season 7 (Hannah McKay notwithstanding.)

But by season 8, I was done. I'm not going back.

by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2021 2:43 PM

Who will give up their Showtime login info?

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2021 2:55 PM

piratebay is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2021 2:57 PM

He certainly is back and didn't disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 14November 8, 2021 1:56 AM

They really aged Harrison for this. He'd be about 12 in reality.

And Dexter's cop girlfriend bears a striking resemblance to his dead sister, which I'm sure is intentional.

Jennifer Carpenter looks like a skeleton now. I wonder if she's been ill.

by Anonymousreply 15November 8, 2021 3:50 AM

The actor playing Harrison is pretty hot. But how old is he supposed to be now? 20, 21? Seems like he was still a toddler when the original series ended.

by Anonymousreply 16November 8, 2021 5:00 AM

I would have preferred Season 6 of Six feet Under.

by Anonymousreply 17November 8, 2021 5:02 AM

[quote]The actor playing Harrison is pretty hot.

I would give him a handy.

by Anonymousreply 18November 8, 2021 5:23 AM

R18 he's a child dear, wait 5 more years at least

by Anonymousreply 19November 8, 2021 5:26 AM

The problem with Showtime series is that they let them go on for way too long. The same can be said for Weeds and QAF, which should've ended much, much sooner. At least HBO generally ends most of their series before they drag out and become stupid.

by Anonymousreply 20November 8, 2021 5:28 AM

OH yeah? Like Game of Throne or Big Little Lies R20?

by Anonymousreply 21November 8, 2021 5:32 AM

I said generally R21. Chill out.

by Anonymousreply 22November 8, 2021 5:35 AM

Very predictable, though I didn’t see a teenage Harrison coming.

by Anonymousreply 23November 8, 2021 5:38 AM

r20 6FU went out on a high note.

by Anonymousreply 24November 8, 2021 5:41 AM

r19 Sorry, I thought he was legal to receive handjobs.

by Anonymousreply 25November 8, 2021 5:42 AM

[quote] Very predictable, though I didn’t see a teenage Harrison coming.

Then I guess you didn't see the trailer? Cause he was in it.

by Anonymousreply 26November 8, 2021 10:56 AM

I did not see the trailer.

I think Harrison is too well-adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2021 5:27 AM

I think Harrison will reveal a dark side soon and they will kill together.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2021 8:05 AM

R21, most of criticism the GOT had was the opposite. It ended too soon and too fast as they run out of source material.

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2021 8:13 AM

Does it have another great opening credits sequence?

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2021 12:24 PM

No.

by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2021 1:58 PM

Count me as another fan of the original opening and theme music.

They did use the other musical motif from the original, though, the one that's like creepy violin strains when he starts to go dark.

by Anonymousreply 32November 16, 2021 12:34 AM

So we’re going to be stuck in this “Northern Exposure”-esque world for the whole series?

by Anonymousreply 33November 16, 2021 6:50 PM

I fucking hate his Mamie Eisenhower hair. I don’t get why this is the way he is being styled. He looks like he should be holding a lollipop and wearing a beanie.

by Anonymousreply 34November 17, 2021 1:55 AM

So far it’s off to a slooowww start for me, maybe it’ll pick up when Lithgow shows up.

by Anonymousreply 35November 17, 2021 4:00 AM

It is off to a slow start for sure. I can see this going past one season because I don’t see how they satisfactory end this in 8 more episodes. It’s still good. I miss the opening music but they kept the closing music.

I also miss the location. The cold locale doesn’t help matters. The supporting characters aren’t as interesting. Harrison is going to be a curve ball. I have a feeling he has a dark passenger.

I’ll watch because it is still quality.

by Anonymousreply 36November 17, 2021 4:08 AM

I don’t know if it’s just me, but the color palette is so washed out, I almost had to adjust the color scheme on my tv to bring up the black level.

by Anonymousreply 37November 17, 2021 4:15 AM

So why did Harrison end up in a foster home when he had living grandparents on Rita's side? In fact his older brother and sister would probably be over 18 at this point as well. In most shows I'd regard that as suspicious but given its Dexter they could have equally just forgotten they exist. Jennifer Carpenter seems to be enjoying her role of screaming and shoving bullets in Hall. Must be pretty cathartic after the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 38November 17, 2021 1:29 PM

Didn’t John Lithgow’s character (Trinity Killer?) die during his season? He killed Harrison’s mom, Rita, right?

by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2021 1:42 PM

Carpenter is really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 40November 17, 2021 3:28 PM

The Dexter backstory would have us believe that sitting in a pool of his mother’s blood after seeing her murdered is what triggered his dark passenger. Harrison also saw his mother killed and sat in her blood. But he was just an infant

by Anonymousreply 41November 17, 2021 3:31 PM

The second episode showed how producers have no idea what audiences want. We want Dexter finding and killing his victims and covering them up not his teenage son hanging out with other teens in a cabin.

by Anonymousreply 42November 17, 2021 3:33 PM

r41 Would they actually able to get away with "you saw your mother be brutally murdered and now your destiny is to murder prostitutes or whatever" nowadays? It felt moderately offensive in the mid 2000s never mind in the age of Twitter. I think I'd rather Harrison just be a troubled kid who went through the system rather than trying to sell that bullshit psychology Harry pulled from somewhere again.

by Anonymousreply 43November 17, 2021 7:33 PM

I watched Yellowjackets after Dexter and now I'm hooked on that. Christina Ricci is scary.

by Anonymousreply 44November 17, 2021 7:39 PM

Harrison’s dark passenger emerges?

by Anonymousreply 45November 22, 2021 5:15 AM

I enjoy the show!

Yes, Harrison is gonna be helping daddy kill now...you know the secret won't last.

He's super smart.

by Anonymousreply 46November 22, 2021 5:26 AM

R44 Two of my good friends created Yellowjackets. It's great, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 47November 22, 2021 5:26 AM

I loooove Yellowjackets! It’s so funny watching it alongside Dexter, which I like. But YJ is RIVETING!!

by Anonymousreply 48November 22, 2021 7:19 AM

R48 Yes, and the creators (a married couple) are great people. I've known them since they first moved to LA.

by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2021 6:37 AM

For 10 episodes it has started off slow. It’s still a high quality/entertaining show.

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2021 10:44 PM

WTF is going on with Clancy Brown's character, he shoots and kills women for sport? Then drains their blood in what looks like a funeral parlor's embalming room? Isn't he supposedly the mayor?? They're looking for his missing son, who Dexter killed, but not looking for any missing women?

I missed the first episode of the re-boot.

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2021 11:22 PM

It's better than I had expected it to be. The contrast of the snowy, rural upstate New York setting to Miami of the original show is also interesting.

by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2021 11:28 PM

r51 I don't think they've actually revealed who the killer is yet have they? I think most of the victims are meant to have been native women so the police just ignored their disappearance or travellers Bates Motel style.

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2021 11:32 PM

It seems a bit cheesy and forced and I certainly want Dexter to kill again.

I note that they are trying to be very inclusive in a tiny frozen town: blacks, Asians, gays, Native Americans and even a dancing parapalegic!

I’m not sure if I’m going to like Deb appearing if all she does is yell at him.

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2021 11:44 PM

[quote]I don't think they've actually revealed who the killer is yet have they?

The eyes showing behind the full face mask appear to be Clancy Browns's eyes. I'm very good with eyes.

by Anonymousreply 55November 25, 2021 12:09 AM

R54 all Deb did in the original run was yell.

by Anonymousreply 56November 25, 2021 12:27 AM

Is Jennifer Carpenter American-Indian? She sure looks it.

by Anonymousreply 57November 25, 2021 12:42 AM

Not sure but my friend saw her many years ago while on the way to work and she could be seen working out at crunch. She would be working out by the window and my friend said she was skin on bones. Very, very skinny.

by Anonymousreply 58November 25, 2021 2:20 AM

This looks like an alternate universe where they stayed married and day drunk Michael Hall, his anorexic wife Jennifer Carpenter, and their acting out teenage son all go to family counselling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 25, 2021 2:36 AM

I see it the same way, R51 R55. They said he owned half the town and I wondered if that included the funeral home and motel. The reason he lied about his son is because he can't afford police sniffing around anymore.

by Anonymousreply 60November 25, 2021 2:38 AM

Jennifer carpenter hasn't aged well.

by Anonymousreply 61November 25, 2021 2:09 PM

r61 Often the case with the unnaturally skinny.

by Anonymousreply 62November 25, 2021 9:02 PM

apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

by Anonymousreply 63November 28, 2021 8:38 PM

Jennifer looks the same to me.

I don’t believe Hannah is dead. Or she didn’t die of cancer.

Harrison may be there to kill Dexter and himself ending the family dark passenger.

It’s still too slow, but I’m enjoying it.

by Anonymousreply 64November 29, 2021 2:54 AM

So the mayor is going to kill another young woman? Yawnnnnn

by Anonymousreply 65November 29, 2021 5:47 AM

Pretty ballsy of Harrison to risk all on the police believing him over his friend so much that they do no forensics.

by Anonymousreply 66November 29, 2021 6:11 AM

I don’t think it is going to be as simple as Harrison has a dark passenger. Not sure what is going no with him. I have a feeling we are in for a l to of surprises coming up. Didn’t somebody say Trinity really isn’t dead which can’t be possible.

by Anonymousreply 67November 29, 2021 10:59 AM

Someone on another site said maybe Trinity will be Harrisons dark passenger which sounds like a hilarious dynamic I kind of want to see. Dexter has his sister being zany, and Harrison has his mothers murderer telling him to do his homework.

by Anonymousreply 68November 29, 2021 11:59 AM

Do you think the drone gift to Harrison is a way to implicate and/or link Dexter to the deaths of the women.

by Anonymousreply 69November 29, 2021 3:30 PM

If Kurt is kidnapping and killing these women, isn't talking to them at the diner and offering them jobs a pretty dumb way to avoid suspicion? Also, why are there so many runaways and transients in this random town in upstate New York?

by Anonymousreply 70November 29, 2021 4:15 PM

The original "Dexter" had multiple subplots involving the supporting cast; aside from Harrison's antics at school, this version doesn't, which may be why it seems so lethargic in comparison.

The pacing is just dreadful, and there's no real mystery. And we're 4 episodes in and Dexter has only made one kill. He used to do it weekly.

by Anonymousreply 71November 29, 2021 4:20 PM

[quote] The original "Dexter" had multiple subplots involving the supporting cast

Yeah. But they were terrible. Battista's restaurant, Quinn's mob trouble LaGüerta's everything. Only one that ever had anything entertaining going on was Masuka because it felt like he was being written by a horny teenager, and sometimes Rita and Deb because they had more to do with Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 72November 29, 2021 4:31 PM

Antics don’t leave pools of blood on the floor.

by Anonymousreply 73November 29, 2021 4:42 PM

The original did have a lot of subplots that,even if they didn’t stick, the show was moving along quickly. If I didn’t think this was the only season, I would be very happy right now. If this is the only season, I feel they have wasted too much time. Things will have to go at a super quick pace (and I heard next week it does) that I fear it will feel rushed.

by Anonymousreply 74November 30, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote] Or she didn’t die of cancer.

Harrison killed her.

by Anonymousreply 75November 30, 2021 1:09 AM

Ratings have been great for this. If I hear they green light another season I can relax with this pace.

by Anonymousreply 76November 30, 2021 1:48 AM

R69 -- I'm 99% sure that the drone will be the catalyst for one of the following scenarios: 1) Harrison is out testing the drone and happens to see Clancy Brown during one of his coed hunts -- his murder impulse takes over and he kills him. Dexter finds out... not sure how the show will spin this setup. Instead of Harrison doing the honors, both of the Morgan's kill CB together instead? Debs head will explode.

2) One day Harrison is out with the drone and sees Dexter killing CB, because Dexter has figured out CB's homicidal activities. Dex has set up a takedown of CB in the woods, not knowing Harrison is watching. Later, there is a tense conversation between father and son.

by Anonymousreply 77November 30, 2021 7:15 PM

It set a ratings record. Dexter is a really loved show. It was so original and interesting.

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2021 12:45 AM

I like the new show, but the old one had more sass to it. A stronger ensemble, too.

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2021 4:47 AM

R79 100%. I enjoy the new show but the ensemble is not strong and it lacks the sass, zazz, pacing, atmosphere SOMETHING from the first round.

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2021 10:39 AM

I miss the voice overs, they brought the snark.

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2021 10:51 AM

He still does voice overs. I love his voice.

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2021 10:53 AM

I left out the word "old". The new voice overs are missing whatever r80 is referring.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2021 11:00 AM

I think it is because, as they explain, Dexter is rusty and his intuition is off. All the more reason why this should go beyond this season.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2021 11:03 AM

I didn’t really care for any of the other regular characters in the original. They were a bore. The guests were were the action was.

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2021 3:28 PM

R85 Really? Dexter had some of the greatest regulars.

by Anonymousreply 86December 2, 2021 12:01 AM

I miss DL's very own insider, Sexter. He and CS Lee were a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 87December 2, 2021 5:24 AM

I am loving the new season.

I always hated Deb, and I could never tell if it was the way the character is written, or the way the actress was portraying her, or a combination of both.

But having her as annoying, unwanted ghost is somehow fitting. She was insufferable in life, so having her be equally obnoxious in death is very fitting.

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2021 5:45 AM

Dexter is always enjoyable. They’ve left some wriggle room for another season recently in statements made by the show runners. That would mean the ending, which was supposed to wrap up the series on a better note, must leave room for them to get out of however they ended it.

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2021 10:39 AM

Super high ratings, there better be more.

by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2021 3:21 PM

[quote] Oh, we had a detective who investigated that, Debra Morgan, she had a brother who had a son... what was his name? Oh, I can't remember. HARRISON. Yeah his Dad was called Dexter. Great guy. Told me once if he ever had to go into hiding it'd be in upstate New York under the alias Jim Lindsey. Anyway I'll go get us that drink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 6, 2021 3:04 AM

There’s no way Dexter could have prepared for killing the drug-maker, complete with printed photos of everyone who ODd, in the time he had. And a kill room in an unfamiliar location? The victim’s house? Shame on you Dex.

by Anonymousreply 92December 6, 2021 4:00 AM

You do realize this is fiction, right?

by Anonymousreply 93December 6, 2021 4:06 AM

Plus we aren’t sure how much time he had to prepare.

by Anonymousreply 94December 6, 2021 4:10 AM

He rushed over to the guy’s house from the police station, hoping to kill him before the cops came to arrest him. So we do know.

by Anonymousreply 95December 6, 2021 4:48 AM

Who was the dead guy at home? I thought Dexter killed the drug dealer, then brought him back home. I wasn't paying attention, was distracted by a phone call.

I just knew the mayor was a nut job.

by Anonymousreply 96December 6, 2021 8:29 AM

[quote]You do realize this is fiction, right?

When someone points out a glaring plot mistake, do you post the same comment in every thread?

Way too many series, and films, have extremely obvious and ridiculous plot mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 97December 6, 2021 8:32 AM

Yeah that was a little sloppy, R95

by Anonymousreply 98December 6, 2021 11:09 AM

In all honesty Dexter as a criminal is so dumb this season its kind of hilarious. He's ran around the woods in full view of trap cameras. His plan for murder last episode was to ask for Ket, syringes and rubber gloves from probably the only person in the community that had them and could easily be traced back to him, then set up a kill room in a house he knew the cops were coming to. Even Miami Metro could probably have caught this Dexter. He's lucky Iron Lake is the only place with dumber cops in the entirety of America.

by Anonymousreply 99December 6, 2021 12:57 PM

I watched Dexter, but really loved Jennifer and the guys who played her hot boyfriends. Now she is dead and probably has no hot men around her. So, will pass.

by Anonymousreply 100December 6, 2021 1:02 PM

In the time it took the cops to raid the drug dealer’s house, he overdosed the drug dealer, took all the plastic off him, posed him and dismantled the kill room?

by Anonymousreply 101December 6, 2021 1:03 PM

It might be fiction, R93, but you sort of expect a show such as Dexter would be elevated above so many glaring plot holes.

by Anonymousreply 102December 6, 2021 1:06 PM

This latest episode was beyond stupid and it's incredible that no one in the writers' room pointed out how absurd it would be that Dex's cop girlfriend HAPPENS to go all the way to Manhattan just to check out hotel footage, HAPPENS to run into Dex's old colleague Batista, who HAPPENS for no apparent reason to tell her all about Deb and Dexter.

That's on top of the absurdity of Dexter knowing who all the drug dealer's victims were and having their photos printed - in record time - or setting up a kill room in an unfamiliar location, then dismantling it, forcing an overdose on the drug dealer, staging the room and getting out in the time it took a cop to walk from his parked car into the house.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. The writing staff should be ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 103December 6, 2021 4:56 PM

And Batista happens to find it important to mention the name of the detective’s brother’s child.

by Anonymousreply 104December 6, 2021 5:16 PM

Plus he redressed the drug dealer and put a robe on him. Why not just leave him naked in the robe

by Anonymousreply 105December 6, 2021 5:56 PM

Least they didn't have him wink at the camera. Was David Zayas acting always that bad? I can't tell if he's gotten worse, or I've gotten more judgmental.

by Anonymousreply 106December 6, 2021 8:02 PM

He was always that bad.

by Anonymousreply 107December 6, 2021 8:38 PM

He used to be a cop in real life…I’ve pretty much seen him play only cops (except on Gotham where he was a mafioso).

by Anonymousreply 108December 6, 2021 11:30 PM

R100 - “ I watched Dexter, but really loved Jennifer and the guys who played her hot boyfriends. Now she is dead and probably has no hot men around her. So, will pass.”

Uh, shallow and narrow-minded much, R100? Jennifer (Deborah), and hot cock? That’s all? That’s all you got, or wanted to get out of the original series?

by Anonymousreply 109December 6, 2021 11:48 PM

I agree with the previous posters who said the whole scene in the drug house sucked. It was LUDICROUS! How does Dexter know no one else is home? Why was he so loud clomping down the stairs? Just ridiculous.

Good so far otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 110December 7, 2021 7:51 AM

Now I see why this week's episode was kinda bad. The writers credits are mostly basic cable bullshit. Chicago Fire? Brothers & Sisters? Yikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 7, 2021 8:02 AM

Yeah this episode was sloppy and it is shocking it was allowed to be filmed. Things have been slow. If this is how they fix Dexter’s terrible season 8 , so far it is not working. I find it enjoyable but a tad frustrating. Bring on another season.

by Anonymousreply 112December 7, 2021 10:45 AM

It was badly written. But at least stuff is finally starting to happen. Cop girlfriend knows about Dexter. Harrison now has 2 serial killer dads, and is pretty much a ticking time bomb. Which is probably going to be the main conflict of the season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 7, 2021 12:22 PM

I need to hear Battista say "tableau." Then it will feel right.

by Anonymousreply 114December 7, 2021 11:18 PM

I call this scene Eldergays battle over the twink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 8, 2021 1:47 AM

I can’t decide if Harrison is hot or not. I think he kind of is.

by Anonymousreply 116December 8, 2021 5:36 AM

I’m not really a fan of the new show. It’s so cliched and predictable. Bullying jocks, picked on nerd, upstanding girl, dumb 3rd cop, and the worst written and embarrassing character-the true crime blogger. Her dialogue and and actions are over the top and ridiculous.

The original show’s characters were so much better.

I do like his son, however.

Deb has to stop yelling and harping on him and the stylists have to fix his fucking hair!

by Anonymousreply 117December 8, 2021 6:34 AM

Hall's hair was thinning on "Six Feet Under" and then magically lush and full (with a lower hairline) on "Dexter."

I have no idea what the point of his hair is supposed to be now. Dexter originally had some sex appeal; this version looks special needs.

by Anonymousreply 118December 8, 2021 2:13 PM

I LOVE the blogger! She's obviously supposed to be grating and superficial on the surface, but she's proven to be a very prolific podcaster who does a ton of research and connects the dots, sometimes ahead of others. I think it's perfect. She's giving this "cutesy blogger" appearance and people underestimate her. She knows it & likes it. People let their guards down around her.

by Anonymousreply 119December 8, 2021 4:20 PM

Except that she's an annoying cartoon character, R119. It's piss-poor writing, which this revival exhibits far too often.

by Anonymousreply 120December 9, 2021 4:42 AM

Yes the writing has been much poorer this time around. They wanted to end Dexter on a high note so who is monitoring this? It is STILL a QUALITY show. It is just not, so far, up to Dexter S1-5 quality.

by Anonymousreply 121December 9, 2021 10:47 AM

I’ve already forgotten how Harrison found Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 122December 11, 2021 9:07 PM

I don’t think they explained how Harrison found him only that he knew his new name from Hannah.

by Anonymousreply 123December 11, 2021 10:02 PM

Did Hannah know he wasn’t dead?

by Anonymousreply 124December 11, 2021 10:33 PM

Checked on Wiki. She didn’t know he had faked his death at the time, but Dexter later sent her a letter, which Harrison found.

by Anonymousreply 125December 11, 2021 10:39 PM

He's very lucky the former serial poisoner did.t absolutely flip her shit upon finding out he'd essentially dumped his kid (a kid she'd known for about 3 months) on her in a foreign country, and upon finding out his new address try and get revenge

by Anonymousreply 126December 12, 2021 1:01 AM

good episode tonight

by Anonymousreply 127December 12, 2021 11:23 PM

Harrison is fuckable but not hot. He’s not going to age well.

by Anonymousreply 128December 13, 2021 1:36 AM

Much better tonight. Still, this is supposed to end in 4 episodes. If true, it won’t be satisfying which was the entire point to bring back the show to right a wrong.

by Anonymousreply 129December 13, 2021 4:18 AM

I can almost guarantee they will do more of this, beyond this single, supposed-to-be-a-miniseries season. The ratings are too good, plus they can NEVER leave well enough alone.

by Anonymousreply 130December 13, 2021 5:20 AM

Please don't get my hopes up...I would love another season or 2

by Anonymousreply 131December 13, 2021 5:24 AM

Who answers a phone call from their girlfriend “This is Jim?” They so wanted the payoff “I don’t need Jim. I need Dexter Morgan” that they sacrificed credibility. Lazy writing.

Also, they just dropped the fact that Dexter knows Harrison was the aggressor in the stabbing? Harrison just says “You think I’m evil?” and his father drops the whole thing?

The other kid is alive claiming Harrison attacked him, but no one asks any questions?

Perhaps now that Harrison broke someone’s arm in front of a crowd, they may look into him, but I don’t count on it.

by Anonymousreply 132December 13, 2021 5:34 AM

I want another several seasons. A badly written Dexter is still quality though this would be a terrible season linked with the last series. On its own it’s fine.

I think they’re ignoring some things to build to a frenzy the last several shows.

by Anonymousreply 133December 13, 2021 10:58 AM

Is this girl found at the end of the last episode linked to the serial killer? I assume so which means he has been active for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 134December 13, 2021 11:00 AM

The blogger is from the Real World San Diego-turned actress.

by Anonymousreply 135December 13, 2021 11:30 AM

I feel like Harrison will kill Dexter, and then Dexter will become his dark passenger.

by Anonymousreply 136December 13, 2021 12:14 PM

Have they mentioned Brian yet? Its weird this season is on such a family kick, with apparently Dexter's biggest dream being to have a protégé family member. But they've not mentioned his brother, or that that was his entire motivation.

by Anonymousreply 137December 13, 2021 1:07 PM

Dexter’s imaginary interlocutors are not his “dark passenger.” That’s a metaphor for his need to kill. His stepfather and sister act more as conscience.

by Anonymousreply 138December 13, 2021 3:38 PM

Well, good you know what I meant, R138.

by Anonymousreply 139December 13, 2021 4:01 PM

Dexter is not going to be a supporting character.

by Anonymousreply 140December 13, 2021 4:03 PM

I didn't know he was gone, OP.

by Anonymousreply 141December 13, 2021 5:59 PM

It won’t work with Dexter a supporting player.

by Anonymousreply 142December 13, 2021 9:40 PM

It looks like the podcaster may be his next victim.

by Anonymousreply 143December 14, 2021 6:31 PM

r143 Where've you got that from? He went to the effort of not letting her get killed.

by Anonymousreply 144December 14, 2021 6:43 PM

what was in the envelop?

by Anonymousreply 145December 19, 2021 8:08 PM

A titanium screw

by Anonymousreply 146December 20, 2021 8:25 AM

Missed it last night, will watch it On Demand sometime today.

Anyone watching Yellowjackets? That's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 147December 20, 2021 12:45 PM

Once again last night's. episode made no sense.

SPOILER ALERT

So the older serial killer guessed when that his son was killed because Dexter had ashes on his coat? Which would mean he also guessed how his son's body was disposed of? And that Dexter was the culprit?

And the podcaster remembered where everyone was sitting and saying while in the tavern? That's one helluva memory!

None of this makes any sense. The original show was generally careful about the plot following some kind of logic - enough so that disbelief could be reasonably suspended - but this show is beyond sloppy. It's like no one in the writers room asks how Point A could logically lead to Point B.

I watched the original series in its entirety, but this revival is lazy and grows dumber by the episode.

by Anonymousreply 148December 20, 2021 4:25 PM

Yes, Yellowjackets is excellent! It’s a wonderful Sunday night double feature.

by Anonymousreply 149December 20, 2021 5:03 PM

No official consequences for Harrison breaking a kids arm? After stabbing another kid and ODing?

by Anonymousreply 150December 20, 2021 6:32 PM

Yeah, R148, I don’t get the leap to the ashes meaning Jim killed Kurt’s son. How did Kurt figure out it was Dex? I didn’t catch where the titanium screws were found, though - was that at Dexter’s place?

by Anonymousreply 151December 20, 2021 9:45 PM

The screw was in the ashes.

by Anonymousreply 152December 20, 2021 10:21 PM

Exactly r150, He breaks a kid’s arm and NOTHING is done about it, and everyone knew it was on purpose. Unbelievable.

Dexter’s hair still sucks. He looks like Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber.

by Anonymousreply 153December 20, 2021 10:28 PM

his hair looks fine in some scenes but not that great in others.

by Anonymousreply 154December 20, 2021 11:18 PM

He still looks good.

The serial killer in this is boring. The show is still fun to watch but it is sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 155December 20, 2021 11:22 PM

R42 wrong thread oops!

by Anonymousreply 156December 20, 2021 11:29 PM

^post above was meant to go elsewhere, so you’re good, r42!

by Anonymousreply 157December 20, 2021 11:34 PM

Good episode tonight, except for Dexter’s ability to evade his pursuer while wounded in the leg. Scenes with Harrison and Kurt were creepy. I’m surprised a street-smart kid like Harrison wasn’t on guard.

by Anonymousreply 158December 27, 2021 4:53 AM

Are they supposed to be upstate NY? If so, what's with the hillbilly music?

by Anonymousreply 159December 27, 2021 5:29 AM

Those Kurt/Harrison “courtship” scenes were pretty creepy and lurid. I was waiting for Kurt to ask Harrison, “have you ever been in a Turkish prison? Do you like gladiator movies? Hey, let’s take our shirts off and oil each other up out in the sweat lodge!” Or something to that effect.

by Anonymousreply 160December 27, 2021 5:39 AM

If he's "fluid", maybe he needs a sponge.

by Anonymousreply 161December 27, 2021 6:22 AM

I'm assuming Harrisons need for a serial killer Dadd- FATHER FIGURE! Blinded him to how weird the whole situation was.

I always thought Dexter getting caught was the natural conclusion to the show, but if he ends up getting captured because of this dumb ass police captain, who keeps getting given unbelievably specific information by random unlikely sources, and just solved the Bay Harbour butcher case by Googling Ketamine I'll actually be pissed. Why the hell did she just drop the Iris investigation the entire reason she became a cop in favour of hunting her ex just because Kurt made the most bullshit excuse that should have had her gunning for him more?

I only just noticed the "New Blood" in the intro gets bloodier every episode which is a nice touch

by Anonymousreply 162December 27, 2021 1:13 PM

I bet he married the cop and they become a killer family. Only killing bad guys of course.

by Anonymousreply 163December 27, 2021 2:44 PM

In this series, Clancy Brown is more annoying than menacing.

Can't believe Dexter's cop GF bought Kurt's bullshit story about his father killing her missing friend. This is some terrible writing. A great cast is totally wasted.

by Anonymousreply 164December 27, 2021 10:26 PM

Also in retrospect all that buildup of Harrison and Kurt's relationship was kind of pointless. Getting Dexter to tell Harrison the truth could have been done a lot easier a few episodes ago without wasting half this episode on him being wined and dined only to have him try and shoot him.

by Anonymousreply 165December 27, 2021 10:39 PM

Harrison will kill the COP to protect his dad.

by Anonymousreply 166December 29, 2021 4:55 AM

I can’t decide if Harrison is hot or not. I think he kind of is.

—Anonymous I've been on the fence about that for weeks

by Anonymousreply 167December 29, 2021 5:33 AM

Harrison's hairstyle has bugged me most of the season. When I Googled Jack Alcott, though, I see why he wears it that way. He's only 22 but already has a receding hairline and a massive forehead.

by Anonymousreply 168December 29, 2021 2:59 PM

Harrison is sexy. But will not age well.

Hall has aged very well.

by Anonymousreply 169December 29, 2021 8:21 PM

Yiiikes, poor Jack!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 29, 2021 8:46 PM

They still have Showtime?

Why, why did the original series go on and on for 8 seasons?

Did that flat affect sister character not kill off more viewers by the millions than Dexter did by the dozens?

Who the fuck cares?

Will sales of large plastic sheeting and tape rise again?

by Anonymousreply 171December 29, 2021 8:51 PM

R171

Yes

It was a great series

No

We do

Maybe

by Anonymousreply 172December 29, 2021 9:22 PM

Hey R171! Up your medication, and take an English composition course. Then go fuck yourself, deeply. Retard.

by Anonymousreply 173January 1, 2022 5:47 AM

He's fucking hot

by Anonymousreply 174January 1, 2022 5:48 AM

Did Dexter explain why he stopped the lumberjack life?

by Anonymousreply 175January 1, 2022 5:53 AM

I thought they were kinda pretending the series finale didn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 176January 1, 2022 5:57 AM

All days I thought it was Sunday and we’d be getting a new episode. [sigh]

by Anonymousreply 177January 1, 2022 11:03 PM

I think Dexter said something about his lumberjack days.

by Anonymousreply 178January 1, 2022 11:04 PM

I predict Harrison will save Dexter by killing somebody like the Chief.

by Anonymousreply 179January 2, 2022 8:28 PM

R179....No. The chief will figure it out, confront him and then they will marry and become the murdering avenging family.

by Anonymousreply 180January 2, 2022 10:28 PM

Dexter works in a store, but is never at work, and it's right before Christmas. He must be really good with money.

by Anonymousreply 181January 3, 2022 1:46 AM

r181 He's legally dead. The amount of tax and child support payments he's evaded over the last decade is the real crime here.

by Anonymousreply 182January 3, 2022 2:04 AM

Did I miss that Kirk killed the podcaster?

by Anonymousreply 183January 3, 2022 2:06 AM

[quote] Did I miss that Kirk killed the podcaster?

No, that was supposed to have happened off screen.

by Anonymousreply 184January 3, 2022 2:23 AM

I think it happened off screen. When he managed it, and how she was so retarded to let it happen is another matter entirely.

There's no way Harrison turns on Dexter now. So the only way I can see this end is Harrison kills the chief and they run off together. Or she sides with them due to Kurts crimes and drops her investigation. I think the first is more likely since they keep saying how shocking it will be.

by Anonymousreply 185January 3, 2022 2:25 AM

No, r183. I think it was supposed to be a shocking reveal. I couldn’t stand her, so I was OK with it.

I can’t believe the podcaster did all that research on the Trinity Killer and never connected Dexter to Rita.

by Anonymousreply 186January 3, 2022 2:26 AM

Seeing the podcaster in one of those glass coffers, made my day.. She was fucking Late Millennial/ early Gen Z, annoying.

by Anonymousreply 187January 3, 2022 2:33 AM

Yeah, as far as the annoying podcaster goes, #TeamKurt all the way.

This latest episode was especially spooky. That journey to the underground killing bunker had a very "Silence of the Lambs" vibe.

by Anonymousreply 188January 3, 2022 3:57 AM

Instead of the ugly Christmas sweater, Dex should have given Harrison an olive green henley.

by Anonymousreply 189January 3, 2022 4:50 AM

Sorry. I’m not buying the “keep the corpses in glass boxes in an underground bunker” thing. Whoever built that bunker is going to talk.

by Anonymousreply 190January 3, 2022 5:33 AM

I was thinking about the plumbing. Where does all the blood from his mortuary table drain to?

by Anonymousreply 191January 3, 2022 5:40 AM

Kurt drove a tanker to Dexter’s cabin? Wouldn’t that be obvious and wouldn’t Dexter and Harrison hear him when he drove up? How would Kurt hide the tire tracks? Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 192January 3, 2022 7:02 AM

[quote]I was thinking about the plumbing. Where does all the blood from his mortuary table drain to?

What did I miss, Kurt knew how to embalm bodies? Was he formerly an undertaker?

by Anonymousreply 193January 3, 2022 8:04 AM

Shouldn't those screws everyone keeps showing off be a bit... Charred and worn? I know they keep making a point they won't melt. But those things look factory fresh.

by Anonymousreply 194January 3, 2022 1:30 PM

r192 I genuinely thought he'd gone into Looney Tunes territory and was icing down the porch so they'd slip over when they left at first.

by Anonymousreply 195January 3, 2022 1:34 PM

Is next week's finale the end or will there be another season?

by Anonymousreply 196January 3, 2022 2:20 PM

R192, I thought the same thing at first!

by Anonymousreply 197January 3, 2022 2:44 PM

Particularly when Kurt didn’t need a tanker - he just needed a can of gas.

by Anonymousreply 198January 3, 2022 2:48 PM

What does that screw mean to the Chief? Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 199January 3, 2022 3:43 PM

if anyone wants to watch i think amazon prime is featuring Showtime for 99 cents per month for 2 months. just be sure to cancel after 30 days and you'll get your full 60 days for $2

by Anonymousreply 200January 3, 2022 4:48 PM

r168 the haircut on the show makes him look young and more boyish. Also, there is a natural hair recession that goes on at that age for most men. its not necessarily representative of balding (although in plenty of cases, it is)

by Anonymousreply 201January 3, 2022 4:51 PM

Dexter cannot end like this. While the season was enjoyable, it was nowhere near the level Dexter was esp S 1-5. I will be thoroughly unsatisfied because there is nothing in the last episode that will make up for a good, yet ho-hum season.

by Anonymousreply 202January 6, 2022 3:24 AM

I actually don't know what I want in an ending at this point. My preferred ending is Harrison kills sheriff girlfriend. Dexter forgives him and they run off to be serial killer Batman and Robin to set up season 2. Cheesy as fuck as that would be its better than my expected sheriff retard captures the Bay Harbour Butcher despite Dexter evading Miami Metro and the FBI previously and her getting every piece of evidence given to her on a silver platter.

by Anonymousreply 203January 7, 2022 12:23 AM

R203 Exactly. I’m really nauseous thinking this could be the end badly. I also don’t want dead ghost Dexter. No.

by Anonymousreply 204January 7, 2022 12:32 AM

I won't watch a Dexter-as-a-dark-passenger DEXTER. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 205January 7, 2022 2:33 AM

Fuck I’m nervous.

by Anonymousreply 206January 7, 2022 2:50 AM

Deb is NOT the dark passenger. It’s a metaphor for the compulsion to kill.

by Anonymousreply 207January 7, 2022 6:16 AM

I don’t think there is a satisfactory way to resolve the Police Chief situation. They’ve kind of painted themselves into a corner.

by Anonymousreply 208January 7, 2022 6:18 AM

There is a great way to get out of the corner. Dex marries the police chief and they become a killing, avenging family.

by Anonymousreply 209January 7, 2022 8:20 AM

I think Dexter gets killed the way he kills people on a table wrapped in plastic

by Anonymousreply 210January 7, 2022 9:15 AM

R210 I don’t want Dexter killed or caught. I want a great ending (full great season) to wrap it up.

by Anonymousreply 211January 7, 2022 10:56 AM

Harrison kills Dexter because he wants to be normal and not a killer. He doesn’t want to be Dexter’s protege.

by Anonymousreply 212January 7, 2022 11:35 AM

r209 That would mean Harrison is fucking his sister. He really is his fathers son.

by Anonymousreply 213January 7, 2022 3:29 PM

I think Harrison kills dexter and continues his work.

by Anonymousreply 214January 7, 2022 4:05 PM

My impression when this was picked up was that it was meant as a new final season to have things end on a more satisfying note than the original run. But after 9 episodes, I don't see how this is expected to wrap up in a satisfying matter next week. Or, frankly, wrap up at all. I have a feeling this will be back for more seasons.

by Anonymousreply 215January 7, 2022 4:41 PM

Its Showtimes biggest hit in years apparently going by viewcount. if it does end in a final way they'll probably be kicking themselves.

by Anonymousreply 216January 7, 2022 5:49 PM

The serial kidnapper and killer. That’s the keystone here.

by Anonymousreply 217January 8, 2022 3:27 PM

Jesus the spoilers going around are awful. I might just have to accept the lumberjack ending.

by Anonymousreply 218January 9, 2022 12:13 AM

Thanks for not sharing. Guess I’ll have to avoid this thread until Sunday at 10:00.

by Anonymousreply 219January 9, 2022 12:25 AM

I don’t think they’re spoilers. R218, just guesses.

by Anonymousreply 220January 9, 2022 12:32 AM

r220 Nah they're spoilers. It came out on Prime in Australia early for some reason so its all over Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 221January 9, 2022 12:42 AM

I think I'm going to need the opening with the pulping of the blood oranges and the funky retro decor of the apartment that looked like an old motel building to comfort me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222January 9, 2022 1:01 AM

So will there be a new season?

by Anonymousreply 223January 9, 2022 1:39 AM

r223 Maybe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224January 9, 2022 1:43 AM

So the new series will be Harrison as the vigilante killer and Dexter appearing to him as his guide?

by Anonymousreply 225January 9, 2022 9:14 AM

I'm expecting that. But I don't know if they'd pay what M C Hall would cost just for him to hang around as a force ghost twice an episode. Either way I'm really not interested in Harrison the college age serial killer after that ending.

by Anonymousreply 226January 9, 2022 12:08 PM

Well, I guessed right. Saw that ending coming from a mile away.

by Anonymousreply 227January 9, 2022 1:06 PM

I don't like it!

by Anonymousreply 228January 9, 2022 1:07 PM

Harrison genuinely makes no sense as a character. He breaks kids arms in fits of rage for trash talking him, he ruined a bullied kids life by planting evidence that he was going to shoot up the school when so far all he'd done was draw pictures of his bullies dying horribly, and then attempting murder just so he could look like a hero, and then he killed his dad because he decides he's not really like Batman. Now he's going off to be a better Dexter than his dad despite the fact the only training he's had is "yeah throw down some plastic, cut them up, and remember don't get caught".

by Anonymousreply 229January 9, 2022 1:16 PM

Harrison doesn't understand that he will never be "normal"

by Anonymousreply 230January 9, 2022 1:29 PM

I hate the ending!

I don't want to see harrison in anything. He's not compelling as a character and he's ugly!

by Anonymousreply 231January 9, 2022 1:31 PM

HEY ASSHOLES - THIS HASN'T AIRED IN THE U.S. YET!!!!

Fuck off with your spoilers!!!

by Anonymousreply 232January 9, 2022 3:53 PM

It dropped sometime after 11:00 pm in the Midwest on the Showtime app. I watched on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 233January 9, 2022 4:22 PM

Fuck. Don’t tell me it ends like what has been posted.

by Anonymousreply 234January 9, 2022 9:18 PM

I don’t get people who come to a thread, knowing there could possibly be spoilers since the episode’s been released on streaming, and then bitch about spoilers. Don’t come to the thread until after you’ve watched the episode, Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 235January 9, 2022 9:21 PM

I have watched it.

BAD ending.

by Anonymousreply 236January 9, 2022 10:04 PM

R235, you need to give viewers a fucking minute to watch the show before you spoil it, and when you do that, mark your post as **SPOILERS AHEAD**.

Are you new to the internet, or just a garden-variety asshole?

by Anonymousreply 237January 9, 2022 10:55 PM

That was a pretty definitive ending, and not at all the shocker the showrunner claimed it would be.

Even Stevie Wonder could see that conclusion from a mile away.

Showtime may want another season of this, as it's a ratings smash, but I don't see how that happens.

by Anonymousreply 238January 9, 2022 10:57 PM

I was crying at the end tho....his letter...had me in tears.

by Anonymousreply 239January 9, 2022 10:58 PM

I liked the ending. About time. But I would be disappointed in a new series with the son. The entire point for me - ***SPOILER******

is that Harrison gets to live a normal life. He had violent tendencies, yeah, but as Deb pointed out, most people go to therapy for that. Harrison felt better talking about it, we saw that several times. Turns out, watching his father dismember someone was not the bonding experience he thought it would be. All Dexter did was fuck up his kid even more. I am not quite sure why the police chief thought it would make sense to send the kid off on his own, other than she thought she was sparing him from a circus, because I can't see Harrison doing any time for shooting the father who confessed to killing his coach and then tried to flee.

by Anonymousreply 240January 9, 2022 11:08 PM

Oh, fuck off, R237. The only new person to the Internet here is you.

by Anonymousreply 241January 9, 2022 11:15 PM

R241, so you're a garden-variety asshole, then?

Got it.

by Anonymousreply 242January 9, 2022 11:25 PM

*spoiler*

Not a definitive ending. He could still be alive. It helps he’s in the cold. Slows the body functions down.

I don’t know where they’d go from there with an alive Dexter but there’s possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 243January 10, 2022 1:16 AM

Another season could be what happened with Dexter between the "lumberjack in Oregon finale" and how he ended up in New York. Not sure if that would work as a series considering we know how it ultimately plays out in NY.

by Anonymousreply 244January 10, 2022 1:30 AM

Dexter's definitely dead. There *may* be a new season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 10, 2022 1:39 AM

Harrison in college shooting criminals is certainly... A concept.

by Anonymousreply 246January 10, 2022 1:49 AM

Wow!

by Anonymousreply 247January 10, 2022 1:56 AM

VERY weak ending.

That's all I've got.

by Anonymousreply 248January 10, 2022 1:57 AM

I was hoping for another season. Oh, well.

by Anonymousreply 249January 10, 2022 1:59 AM

A screw brought him down. Ha, ha.

by Anonymousreply 250January 10, 2022 2:07 AM

r250 And Google searches.

by Anonymousreply 251January 10, 2022 2:33 AM

I won’t watch another season without MCH as an alive and free Dexter.

by Anonymousreply 252January 10, 2022 2:51 AM

same.

by Anonymousreply 253January 10, 2022 2:55 AM

I liked the ending. It made sense for the characters. Harrison has a dark passenger, but he’s not a killer. Well, not after tonight.

by Anonymousreply 254January 10, 2022 3:15 AM

R254 This should have been a more fitting season for the ending. This was not the season befitting being Dexter’s last. And him being “dead”.

by Anonymousreply 255January 10, 2022 3:22 AM

Where he was shot and the fact medical can get on the scene quickly, I wouldn’t bet he’s dead. He was shot upper left chest in the pec area. He could easily survive that.

by Anonymousreply 256January 10, 2022 3:27 AM

Isn't MCH one of the producers of the new series? Why wouldn't he want the series to continue?

by Anonymousreply 257January 10, 2022 3:39 AM

The actor playing Harrison his neither strong enough nor famous enough to carry a show, and having him as lead is the only way the series could go forward, unless it was decided to make the final a dream, or have Dexter's eyes flash open in the back of a hearse, having magically survived.

I doubt anyone this revival would do as well as it did in the ratings, and that another season would be desirable. The writers planned to to end it, and they did. To continue beyond this point would be ludicrous, but if Showtime thinks there's money to be made, they'll find a way.

by Anonymousreply 258January 10, 2022 3:47 AM

He could easily be alive. However, the Chief would have to die since she is the only one who knows he is the BHB. They’d have to get creative, but Dexter could get out of this.

by Anonymousreply 259January 10, 2022 3:55 AM

Why no confrontation with Batista?

by Anonymousreply 260January 10, 2022 4:06 AM

Blech.

The only good thing about it was getting to hear Battista talk like Elmer Fudd one last time.

by Anonymousreply 261January 10, 2022 4:12 AM

Aw I love Batista and was looking forward to him visiting upstate NY. Would've been great to see him in a Hawaiian print sweater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262January 10, 2022 4:19 AM

^^sorry for the wrong image

by Anonymousreply 263January 10, 2022 4:20 AM

I don’t think Dexter will come back. There is going to be some sort of Six Feet Under reboot.

by Anonymousreply 264January 10, 2022 5:07 AM

I would be disappointed if they bring this back with Harrison as the new serial killer. The reason he killed his father was that he is not a serial killer, and is horrified by what his father did, AND WOULD DO. To have him take his father’s place would just beg the question “Why did he kill Dexter instead of escape with him?”

by Anonymousreply 265January 10, 2022 5:13 AM

lots of complaints on Dexter's insta page.

by Anonymousreply 266January 10, 2022 5:38 AM

Because he's conflicted and in denial of his own true nature, R265. He'll soon find out that killing his father wasn't the magic fix he thought it would be. It's always easier to blame one's problems on an external source, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 267January 10, 2022 5:42 AM

Who left the note and titanium screw in the chiefs mailbox? Was that Molly? Wasn't Caldwell dead before that could happen? And if so did they not think that was important fucking plot point?

by Anonymousreply 268January 10, 2022 9:51 AM

They fucked up reuniting Dexter and Batista.

They fucked up having a great, final season. It was a good season if we have 2 or 3 more. Final? Hell no.

People are PISSED at this ending coupled with this season.

So many unanswered questions.

Harrison cannot carry a series even if MCH is HEAVILY involved as his guide.

by Anonymousreply 269January 10, 2022 11:02 AM

So did I miss MCH announcing he was fluid?

by Anonymousreply 270January 10, 2022 11:05 AM

[quote] DEADLINE: What would a continuation look like?

[quote] PHILLIPS: Harrison is such a complicated character and he has within him the seeds of the dark passenger. He’s capable. Look at that takedown of Dexter in the end, what’s in Harrison is that he has to kill this man.

[quote] Also, Harrison brings a different perspective to the vigilantism of it all than Dexter did, which was kind of surprising to Dexter. He brings this youthful, optimistic innocence, that he and his dad are basically Batman and Robin. Think of every time we take out one of these bad guys how many lives we’re saving, that this bad person is not going to kill. Dexter never thought of that. Dexter was only taking out bad guys because that was his code.

r265 I don't think Harrison has rejected being a vigilante though, and going by the Deadline interview neither do the writers. His issue was that Dexter killed someone who was innocent. He was and seemingly is still on board with brutally killing guilty people, and in his eyes that's what his dad had become so he killed him. Which is why I think the ending is completely stupid and nonsensical because for Harrisons brain to work like that he has to be fundamentally a good person and he isn't. He's violent and manipulative.

by Anonymousreply 271January 10, 2022 1:22 PM

Oh and this was apparently the big announcement. I think I actually hate this man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272January 10, 2022 1:27 PM

In the original series I had always hoped that Deb found out about Dexter and either killed him on the spot or turned him in. I don't like that his son killed him, Deb was a cop and Dexter wasn't really her brother. No one listens to me, boo-hoo.

by Anonymousreply 273January 10, 2022 5:07 PM

They listened. His girlfriend, the cop, caught him.

by Anonymousreply 274January 10, 2022 5:08 PM

I'm thinking maybe they should utilize the legendary Dallas device of "It was only a dream..."

by Anonymousreply 275January 10, 2022 5:13 PM

I didn't like the cop GF at all.

by Anonymousreply 276January 10, 2022 5:18 PM

Maybe Hall sent interested in reprising Dexter full time in a continued series, but is okay working 2-3 days a year shooting scenes as Harrison’s Harry.

by Anonymousreply 277January 10, 2022 5:22 PM

Harrison could team up with Trinity’s son.

by Anonymousreply 278January 10, 2022 5:24 PM

On a technical note, how did he preserve all those women's bodies in those cases like that?

by Anonymousreply 279January 10, 2022 5:27 PM

I believe the cop's daughter is pregnant with Harrison's child. The baby will inherit Dexter's dark passenger and we will have another season in 2040.

by Anonymousreply 280January 10, 2022 5:27 PM

He embalmed them.

by Anonymousreply 281January 10, 2022 5:30 PM

[quote]Maybe Hall sent interested in reprising Dexter full time in a continued series, but is okay working 2-3 days a year shooting scenes as Harrison’s Harry.

This is what I suspect. He can be free to take other work if they CGI all his imaginary drop-ins.

Another big plot hole: Dexter's truck would have had an apb out on it, yet Harrison drives right past an entire line of cop cars as he heads out of town.

by Anonymousreply 282January 10, 2022 5:41 PM

r282 There's heat cameras all over that forest, Harrison is meant to have the build of a 16 year old boy so it'll be obvious its him, he'll have powder residue on his clothes, he has $50 to his name, he's driving Dexter's truck, and the FBI will REALLY want to know where the Bay Harbour Butchers kid went in general. I give it 12 hours before they arrest him.

by Anonymousreply 283January 10, 2022 5:48 PM

Angela might have called off the APB when Dexter was killed.

by Anonymousreply 284January 10, 2022 5:49 PM

Yes, R283. I thought of the heat cameras. I guess we have to assume they didn’t put them back yet.

by Anonymousreply 285January 10, 2022 5:51 PM

Did the "New Blood" writers even watch the original series? WHET orphaned Harrison's grandparents and half-siblings following Dexter's "death?" Did no one seek to locate the four year old child? Are we to assume Hannah suppressed her tendencies and devoted herself to being full time guardian to Harrison? This "finale season" is second only to that of "Game of Thrones" in its ineptitude.

On a positive note: Clancy Brown was brilliant in the role of Kirk. I am a longtime fan.

by Anonymousreply 286January 10, 2022 5:54 PM

I guess Showtime doesn’t want all the huge ratings. Fuck em.

Harrison is NOT compelling enough to build a fucking SERIES around. Are they insane? There is no character like Dexter. He was so interesting and unique.

Fuck em

by Anonymousreply 287January 10, 2022 9:52 PM

I would watch Harrison played by a different actor, much hotter...and it's like 10 years after Dexter died...

by Anonymousreply 288January 10, 2022 9:55 PM

The showrunner’s original idea to end the the original series (that Dexter is on death row and the whole series has been his life flashing before his eyes as he’s being executed) was so much better than either of these endings. Unfortunately, he made that idea public after his successors botched the ending of the original series, so it couldn’t be used here. Given the circumstances, I think the way New Blood ended was about as fitting of a conclusion as we were ever gonna get.

by Anonymousreply 289January 10, 2022 10:15 PM

I don’t mind how it ended. I mind how lackluster this season was for it to end the way it did. There wasn’t much tension and the climax was ho-hum at best.

Dexter being caught and the FBI using him to catch serial killers would have been a great ending.

by Anonymousreply 290January 10, 2022 11:01 PM

If Dexter hadn’t killed the Trinity Killer, Harrison could hunt him down. Maybe Trinity’s son followed in his dad’s footsteps and Harrison could take him out. I agree, though, that the actor playing Harrison doesn’t seem to have a lot of screen presence. I can’t see him carrying a series unless the supporting actors are pretty strong, or there’s a lot of “ghost” Dexter in each episode.

by Anonymousreply 291January 10, 2022 11:21 PM

Be careful what you wish for. This is why I’m not looking forward to Scream 2022.

by Anonymousreply 292January 11, 2022 4:05 AM

R264 I don’t think MCH is involved in the potential 6FU reboot, I think it’s either a prequel, or involves different actors.

I’m mixed on the ending here. They caught flak over the original Dexter ending & wanted to right the wrongs. But I think they just wronged more wrongs!

by Anonymousreply 293January 11, 2022 4:08 AM

The original ending was shitty because the entire season was shitty. Nobody was upset Dexter got away.

by Anonymousreply 294January 11, 2022 4:15 AM

What should they have done?

by Anonymousreply 295January 11, 2022 8:12 AM

R295 Crafted a better, more fitting season? For starters. This was a weak season for the last. Compare it to S 1-5 and it pales in comparison. They should have known this when they storyboarded it. It needed more than one season. Dexter didn’t even get a confrontation with ANY original series cast like Batista. That is fucking asinine. He could have gotten caught. I’m not in the “he needed to die” camp. Honestly, Batista catching him would have been a better ending. Batista stopping Harrison from killing him would have been a better ending.

by Anonymousreply 296January 11, 2022 10:44 AM

Agree about Batista, R296. I'm floored that the writers went to the trouble of setting up that confrontation and then never paying it off! Why tease that? Why involve Batista to begin with? Why have him say that he's on his way to Iron Lake, only to never see him again?

This was NOT a well-plotted or planned season. The plot holes and illogic were epic. The real fun of OG Dexter was watching him manipulate his way out of tight jams over and over again. Watching him get caught and killed was just painful.

by Anonymousreply 297January 11, 2022 3:54 PM

Hard to believe there won't be a second season of some sort:

"Over the series’ 10-episode run, it averaged over 8 million weekly viewers across all Showtime platforms, becoming the most-watched series in the premium cabler’s history.

The series finale drew 3 million total viewers on Sunday alone, making it the biggest Showtime finale in more than eight years, since Homeland in 2013, according to the network. Written by Clyde Phillips, the finale also set a new Showtime record with 2 million viewers from streaming and on demand platforms on Sunday."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298January 11, 2022 4:51 PM

Den of Geek always turns in great reviews and this one is no exception in my view.

I still didn't like the ending as I felt the writing was sloppy and some plot points went unanswered but this review put the character arc in perspective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299January 11, 2022 6:09 PM

I'm sure Showtime is kicking themselves in the butt for painting themselves into a corner regarding a second season.

by Anonymousreply 300January 11, 2022 10:22 PM

r295 I'd have just done another season where Harrison is his protégé in LA but because of the manhunt Dexter gets more and more brutal and plays fast with his code before Harrison breaks with him. Or hell since Harrison saw him kill Mike, and apparently knew about the "darkness (TM)" from Hannah's letters he's in on the mystery from the start rather than pretending he doesn't know like a little bitch for 7 episodes. More time might have saved that ending

by Anonymousreply 301January 11, 2022 10:32 PM

I’m just floored the end was not Batista and Dexter. I agree Batista could have saved Dexter from Harrison killing him. Batista gets the arrest.

by Anonymousreply 302January 12, 2022 10:53 AM

The ending was brilliant. A great portrayal of narcissists and addicts, the cycle of abuse and generational trauma. The people who hated the ending seem to not have ever understood what Dexter was really about

by Anonymousreply 303January 16, 2022 2:00 AM

I'm OK with the ending but it feels like Dexter's exit was something that was slapped on after the season was already filming. MCH probably indicated initially that he might be available for another season but then another project landed on his desk.

by Anonymousreply 304January 16, 2022 2:06 AM

Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter should play Richard and Karen Carpenter in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 305January 28, 2022 11:45 AM

Did they ever resolve the drone plot point? Harrison gets a drone for a gift, and then it's not later used in the series. Unless I slept through that part...?

by Anonymousreply 306February 27, 2022 9:40 PM

He uses it in episode 9 when he and dexter are staking out Caldwells secret campground/property

by Anonymousreply 307February 28, 2022 6:51 AM

Everyone ready for force ghost Michael C. Hall?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308February 6, 2023 11:47 PM

I really loved the original series, but this show is ridiculous. Dexter's son is also a serial killer now bc he experienced some trauma as a kid? And Dexter just confessed that he murdered a dozen people and his son doesn't care. Instead they're killer buddies now and he's teaching him his code? Ridiculous.

And even in the middle of nowhere Dexter's neighbor happens to be a serial killer. Awfully convenient, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 309February 9, 2023 6:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!