Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your favorite X-Files episode?

My favorite episode would definitely be Die Hand Die Verletzt as the witches/satanist worshippers paired with the devil played by the wonderful and campy Susan Blommaert. God, she really makes that episode.

I’ve always thought referred the monster of the week episodes versus the serial mythology episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2021 2:58 AM

Oike the monster ones best too.

by Anonymousreply 1November 6, 2021 12:17 AM

That should read “My favorite episode would definitely be Die Hand Die Verletzt as the witches/satanist worshippers paired with the devil played by the campy Susan Blommaert are deliciously wonderful. God, she really makes that episode.”

I guess you all know I’ve had a glass of wine now.

by Anonymousreply 2November 6, 2021 12:20 AM

LOVE this post OP and LOVE you for starting it. I have two favorite episodes: “Beyond the Sea” (Season 1 Episode 13) where Scully takes center stage for the first time in the series following the sudden unexpected death of her father and “Irresistible” (Season 2 Episode 13) where a death fetishist on the loose invokes the trauma of Scully’s recent unexplained abduction.

I love the Scully-centric episodes. Dana Scully was such a great and complex character. One of television’s best.

Are you single, OP? CALL ME!

by Anonymousreply 3November 6, 2021 12:27 AM

There was one I can't completely find or remember that reminded me very much of an "Outer Limits" vibe, where somebody opens up an air duct vent, pokes their head in, and some monster demon is there and puts out its arms to grab them up. :D

by Anonymousreply 4November 6, 2021 2:06 AM

The one where Skinner (Mitch Pileggi) is in his tighty whities.

by Anonymousreply 5November 6, 2021 3:19 AM

Squeeze

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 6, 2021 4:00 AM

The one with Mulder in a swimsuit.

by Anonymousreply 7November 6, 2021 4:43 AM

The one where Rachel accuses Ross of cheating and he’s like, “we were on a break!” And then Chandler comes along and he’s all, “could there BE any more aliens?” I love X Files!

by Anonymousreply 8November 6, 2021 5:21 AM

"Jose Chung's From Outer Space"

by Anonymousreply 9November 6, 2021 5:22 AM

There's an episode about a malevolent call center. It was on last week and is Pitch Perfect.

by Anonymousreply 10November 6, 2021 6:23 AM

Bad Blood and Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

by Anonymousreply 11November 6, 2021 8:52 AM

The one with the creepy inbred family. Mom was under a bed with no arms or legs if I remember correctly.

by Anonymousreply 12November 6, 2021 11:34 AM

"The Field Where I Died" has stuck with me since I first saw it in 1996. It was the one that involved reincarnation/past lives, where Mulder undergoes regression therapy and talks about his soul and Scully's soul being connected in different ways over time.

That concept -- that we encounter the same souls in different forms, life after life -- has always resonated with me.

by Anonymousreply 13November 6, 2021 12:21 PM

I wasnt crazy about the FBI paranoia dominant ones as much as the ones with more unexplained phenomena. But after what the FBI has been seen doing the last four or five years, they probably require a second look.

by Anonymousreply 14November 6, 2021 12:24 PM

The one with the killer roaches, it was grosssss.

by Anonymousreply 15November 6, 2021 12:25 PM

Also that male frau that screams roaches while clearly being chocolates makes me gag.

by Anonymousreply 16November 6, 2021 12:35 PM

Never watched X-Files. Is it any good?

by Anonymousreply 17November 6, 2021 12:36 PM

[quote]The one with Mulder in a swimsuit.

This one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 6, 2021 1:16 PM

I’m currently watching all the X-Files episodes (I missed a lot of them when they originally aired.) The Monster-of-the-Week episodes are definitely the best and I always want to skip the UFO/alien-centric episodes. “Die Hand … “ and “Irresistible” are currently my favourites. It’s a pity Gillian Anderson no longer wants to play Dana Scully.

by Anonymousreply 19November 6, 2021 2:25 PM

Another vote for the terrifying inbred family and the mother under the bed. The mood of the episode was most disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 20November 6, 2021 2:29 PM
by Anonymousreply 21November 6, 2021 2:31 PM

The X-Cops episode - I loved hearing the uniformed cop go off on Mulder when he suggested some supernatural explanation for the crime (werewolf?). Finally. I also liked Syzygy.

by Anonymousreply 22November 7, 2021 2:54 AM

This is one of the best shows of all time and I recently got Hulu and started watching from the beginning. I'm on Season 5 now. The inbred family is the "Home" episode and it was pulled from syndication for a while. I love the Cher/Mask episode and cry at the end when the kid sees a Cher impersonator. I loved the return of Modell episode and forgot about the appearance of DL favorite Diana Scarwid. So many great episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 7, 2021 3:16 AM

"Home" is a huge favorite, but I also love:

"Eve," with the cloned murderous super-smart girls, because it changes tonally so quickly when the girls poison Harriet Sansom Harris (who is one of them but grown up, and is wonderful in it--one of their all-time best guest performances)

"Darkness Falls," with the bugs who swarm people in the dark and cocoon them and suck them dry in the forests of the Olympic Peninsula. Definitely the scariest episode for me--I was on the edge of my seat when the generator keeping them alive ran out JUST as dawn breaks

"The Host," if only because it has the most disgusting villain (the fluke-man)

"Blood," a very scary episode, with LED displays on machines apparently instructing people to commit mass murders

by Anonymousreply 24November 7, 2021 3:37 AM

What’s the one about the monster created by the asinine and insufferable HOA rules that eats people who violates them? That one scared me as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 25November 7, 2021 4:10 AM

r25, that's "Arcadia."

by Anonymousreply 26November 7, 2021 4:14 AM

The episode titled "Eve" -- it was about some secret government program that was trying to create superhumans. The clones they created were crazy: the boys committed suicide very young and the girls eventually became homicidal. The clones were also "aware" that the other clones existed, even though they were all raised by separate families and had never met.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 7, 2021 4:48 AM

Dayum, I never watched the show. I'm going to have to give it a look-see.

by Anonymousreply 28November 7, 2021 12:42 PM

I just watched one of my favorite episodes, Kill Switch, from Season 5. I'm a sucker for a particle beam from space. The episode was co-written by William Gibson. The only complaint is with how Scully is written. Her level of skepticism after all this time is hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 29November 10, 2021 6:56 AM

Leonard Betts was pretty good. A single man relying on his mother to take care of him. Very Datalounge. Just make him gay and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2021 2:33 AM

Tithonius (an immortal man takes photos of people at the point of death)

Arcadia (Mulder and Scully investigate a killer HOA)

Detour (An immortal tribe of murderous, invisible tree people haunts Tallahassee)

Agua Mala (Mulder, Scully, and a fat guy weather a hurricane AND a sea monster in the toilet)

Tempus Fugit (Aliens cause a few kickass slow-motion plane crashes to re-abduct a blabbermouth former abductee)

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2021 2:39 AM

Leonard Betts - A typical monster-of-the-week episode, but really works because of the outstanding acting from the guest star, Paul McCrane

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote] I love the Cher/Mask episode and cry at the end when the kid sees a Cher impersonator

That’s the one I was thinking of. Love the black and white filmography and I know people make fun of it but I really like Cher’s version of Walking In Memphis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2021 2:56 AM

"Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose": "A grumpy old man with psychic powers that show him how someone will die assists the agents with the hunt for a crazed killer who targets psychics. He also cryptically reveals to Mulder and Scully their own ultimate fates." Peter Boyle has a heartbreaking scene at the end with Gillian Anderson which makes me tear up thinking of the terrible burden it would be to know your own and others' fates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2021 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!