Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paulina Porizkova Making News Again....

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 10, 2021 7:27 PM

She needs a new hobby.

by Anonymousreply 1November 5, 2021 2:51 AM

We are supposed to speak well of the dead. I'd like to hear his side of the story.

by Anonymousreply 2November 5, 2021 2:56 AM

R2 He said that she abandoned him when he became ill.

by Anonymousreply 3November 5, 2021 2:58 AM

Does she always go out speaking and appearing in public wearing Madonna's hand-me-down public underwear??

by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2021 3:01 AM

Don't know why it is so, but Eastern European women (and good number of men) just hit the wall early and hard.

Paulina Porizkova in her day was stunningly gorgeous. Now she looks like someone's well used grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2021 3:05 AM

Major love for her since she gave one of the greatest film performances ever from a model. Wish shed done more but motherhood beckoned (and she hated her next costar)

by Anonymousreply 6November 5, 2021 3:08 AM

Sadly, ANNA is pretty much a forgotten film despite the amazing performances of Sally Kirkland and Paulina. I’m glad I bought the dvd when it was first released but it deserves a Criterion edition.

by Anonymousreply 7November 5, 2021 3:12 AM

Agreed. I vote for Criterion too, quick before Sally leave s us. Worst thing is the DVD -- but not the VHS so must be intentional -- has no subtitles so newbies can't understand any of the Czech and there's a lot of it.

Anna's "It hurts" bit hit close to home at the time. But Paulina's arc from rotten toothed immigrant to semi Eve Harrington was impressive too.

by Anonymousreply 8November 5, 2021 3:17 AM

I feel bad for her, but this wallowing is just causing her further depression. No one is going to want to date someone like this

by Anonymousreply 9November 5, 2021 3:17 AM

[quote] She needs a new hobby.

Did she have one to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 10November 5, 2021 3:20 AM

Aging gracefully.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 5, 2021 3:25 AM

She admits she was okay with it when she was the babe in the room. Obviously that fed her ego enough for decades so hard to feel sorry for her

by Anonymousreply 12November 5, 2021 5:04 AM

R10 well her current hobby is bashing her ex and posting sad selfies on insta so, yes, she needs a new hobby.

by Anonymousreply 13November 5, 2021 5:19 AM

Why did she marry that frying pan face guy? The Cars sucked

by Anonymousreply 14November 5, 2021 5:23 AM

Strange that she stayed in the marriage for the long when it wasn’t a good one.

by Anonymousreply 15November 5, 2021 8:06 AM

She reminds me of Kobe's widow. When the husbands were alive, you never heard a peep out of them. After the husbands died, they won't shut up--all over social media and the like.

by Anonymousreply 16November 5, 2021 8:19 AM

She had a very weird childhood

This is from Wikipedia

Born near Prostějov, Czechoslovakia to Anna Pořízková and Jiří Pořízka, Porizkova was three years old when her anti-Soviet dissident parents fled Czechoslovakia to Lund, Sweden, to escape the 1968 Warsaw Pact invasion. She was left in the care of her grandmother. Czechoslovak authorities would not allow her parents to reclaim her, and the ensuing battle was widely publicized in the Swedish press, making Porizkova a cause célèbre.

After a failed rescue attempt when Porizkova was seven, in which her pregnant mother returned to Czechoslovakia and was shortly detained by the national police and then placed under house arrest, international political pressure led by Olof Palme caused the communist government to allow the Pořízek family to be reunited after seven years. Porizkova acquired Swedish citizenship.[6] The reunion was soon ended when Porizkova's father left the family, her parents filed for divorce, and her father refused to pay child support for Paulina and her younger brother. Porizkova and her father have been estranged since her youth. Her mother, a midwife, remarried at least twice and as of 2010 was reported to be serving in the Peace Corps in Uganda

by Anonymousreply 17November 5, 2021 9:33 AM

She still looks gorgeous- he was always repulsive looking.

by Anonymousreply 18November 5, 2021 9:59 AM

I understand what a shitty thing Ocasek did. It must be very hurtful. I think she should rein in the public grief and just get some good therapy. It's starting to look a little pathetic. I like her, though.

by Anonymousreply 19November 5, 2021 11:18 AM

I find her alluring. Even now that she has aged.

by Anonymousreply 20November 5, 2021 11:25 AM

[quote] She still looks gorgeous- he was always repulsive looking.

He was extremely unattractive: not only physically but sounds like internally as well. Vindictive in his will....if this exemplified what he was like to live with: how repulsive.

Looks as though we are seeing Paulina play out much publicly.

Have empathy for what she has experienced. Hope she can work through some obvious issues.

She still looks great, though, and is to be admired for not taking on the plasticine effect that so many in the public eye chose to adopt.

by Anonymousreply 21November 5, 2021 11:54 AM

Her problem is that she is seeking external validation

by Anonymousreply 22November 5, 2021 12:07 PM

One aging hag stands before me...

by Anonymousreply 23November 5, 2021 12:31 PM

I hope she's seeking real professional help. Half-naked interviews and selfies on Instagram are a very poor substitute for therapy that apparently she can now well afford.

by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2021 12:45 PM

She seems to have no friends?

by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2021 2:39 PM

I do feel bad for her. It's hard to let go when you can't confront the person who hurt you and get some closure if that's what you need to do.

She's just stuck in the past, reliving the hurt, over and over again.

She looks so sad and haunted. After the way he treated her, she's only looking for validation of her worth and honestly, I can understand why.

I sincerely wish her well and hope that she can heal. And if it helps her to air the dirty laundry, then so be it.

by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2021 3:09 PM

You are kind to write that empathy, R26.

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2021 3:11 PM

The thing is, she really does look amazing. The home-made selfie pics did her no justice but you can still see she’s kept her looks pretty well, She should have hired a photographer to snap some more tasteful professional pics.

by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2021 3:32 PM

Y’all bitch about Madonna for getting too much work and also about Paulina for getting no work done. I think Paulina looks fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2021 3:32 PM

She was a top model and a pretty one, but did nothing for me. Now she looks interesting. I also would suspect she has had neck work.

by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2021 8:57 PM

She is so over the top. The are quite a few older woman that are considered alluring and hot: Helen Mirren, Deneuve, Isabella Rossellini, etc. But they seem to have interests other than themselves. Paulina sounds like a shallow moron.

by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2021 9:31 PM

Alluring to who exactly? Those older women might be an "inspiration" to other women and admired by gay men but I guarantee you straight men look right past them. Which is fine if you're a woman who doesn't want attention like that. Clearly Paulina does though.

by Anonymousreply 32November 6, 2021 6:27 PM

R32: i’ve Heard numerous straight men saying how sexy they found an older Mirren and Deneuve over the years.

by Anonymousreply 33November 6, 2021 6:35 PM

R33

Those are a small minority.

You ask any female or even an older trans passing as one about how invisible older women become.

Woman who their whole lives once couldn't make it walking down a street without catcalls, eye contact and other filtration soon find themselves rarely bothered.

Miss is replaced by "Ma'am" or "Dear" and so it goes..

What it all boils down to is males of any age no longer finding said older female sexually attractive. Once that bit sinks in it is one crazy day.

This is a better picture of Ms. Porizkova, she's still got a little bit left, but still off the highs of her supermodel days.

Middle age is a tough time for females, especially those who once were the hottest things in shoe leather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 6, 2021 7:19 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 6, 2021 7:22 PM

She’s had a bit of lip filler. If she’d color the gray hair just a bit (nothing dark) she’d look younger.

Or go with beautiful white hair like Carmen del Orifice.

by Anonymousreply 36November 6, 2021 7:23 PM

Well, it’s not just women, men absolutely notice that men/women aren’t looking at them any more as they age. It’s like that for everyone and how you deal with it, shows what you’re made of. I think her attitude is off putting and she doesn’t seem to be able to offer much more than how to work out and put on makeup.

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2021 7:31 PM

R35 head on she's actually quite pretty, old or not. Beauty still trumps age but she's sliding into the abyss, as it were. And I'm sorry but the average Eastern European woman does not look that good at that age, not even close. Nothing wrong with that, someone has to be plain for others to be gorgeous and it's not an attack on anyone's character to be plain.

by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2021 7:31 PM

She was always so bland looking. Not interesting enough to be a true beauty.

by Anonymousreply 39November 6, 2021 7:33 PM

R37

That might be true, but it really does depend upon the man.

DL has many posts of men >40 or even >50 who are still hot as fuck.

With females large part of their aging process is tied to their biology.

When young and flush with youth a firm attractive female holds promise of fecundity. That is what men respond to on some level regardless if they are conscious of fact. It simply is how nature hard wired human males, at least straight ones anyway.

If you examine various products aimed at middle aged and older females you see same claims over and over. It's all about "restoring youthful radiance" and "reversing signs of aging...".

Don't know about USA but in France there is an entire arsenal of such products with many aimed at particular parts of a woman's body. There are creams, lotions, potions, etc.. for face, neck, bosom, hands, thighs, derrière, eyes, lower legs (including varicose veins); some French women have enough products in their boudoir to create one or maybe two entire new females.

by Anonymousreply 40November 6, 2021 7:49 PM

R34, what you said is probably a real shocker for women renowned for their looks. I've always liked Heather Locklear, but believe part of her spin-out happened after she stopped being the hot young babe. It's gotta be a huge turning point even for well-rounded, mentally healthy people. For those with underlying mental problems or deep insecurities, the change in the way others treat them can be devastating.

by Anonymousreply 41November 6, 2021 7:50 PM

Yeah… she was so plain looking when younger. Very ordinary. Right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 6, 2021 7:55 PM

Think things hit home hard for women whose livelihoods to various extents are tied to their looks. Models, actresses, bottle girls, whores, mistresses, etc... Then you have those females whose great physical beauty opened many doors for them socially and or professionally.

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2021 7:59 PM

I've gotten through, "Hey, lady, aren't you whoozis? Wow, what a looker you were!"

Or better yet, "Sorry, I thought you were whoozis. Whatever happened to her?"

by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2021 8:16 PM

“DL has many posts of men >40 or even >50 who are still hot as fuck.”

Very, very, very few of them. Standards for men are LOW.

by Anonymousreply 45November 6, 2021 8:32 PM

I'm not sure of how the story goes. I think I read this somewhere. Paulina was either moving into, or just going into her building, when she spoke to a man who said, "Paulina Porizkova lives here." He didn't know who he was speaking to. It's very hard for very beautiful women, who age.

by Anonymousreply 46November 6, 2021 8:55 PM

She told that story on Oprah. He didn't say "Paulina lives here" he said "I heard a supermodel lives here" right to Paulina's face.

by Anonymousreply 47November 6, 2021 8:59 PM

Thanks R47.

by Anonymousreply 48November 6, 2021 9:08 PM

Well, R1, the article does state that she started balling.

by Anonymousreply 49November 6, 2021 9:18 PM

It's fine for her to work on herself, understanding her marriage, her delayed emotional/intellectual development, aging, menopause, whatever. Her children don't have to be intimately involved in that and it would be a kindness to them to keep her personal exploration within the confines of therapy sessions.

It would also be a kindness to the rest of us. Oversharing is not a good look.

by Anonymousreply 50November 6, 2021 9:35 PM

If PP isn't in therapy, she should be, and should have started ages ago. There is likely more going on here than she's letting on, or maybe one has missed a few things.

Ric Ocasek basically preyed upon, then used Paulina Porizkova for her (then) youth, beauty and IIRC money. Why she married the bastard world may never know, but she should have bolted long before finally doing so, and got what was hers then.

But no, she waited, then like a fool went back to nurse Ric Ocasek through what turned out to be his last bit of time on earth. And look what that got her....

Methinks PP has many issues she's never worked through that made her ripe for that sort of abusive relationship and marriage.

Bog ugly Ric Ocasek got his rocks off and substantial bragging rights by nailing a (then) top supermodel. That was him sorted, and obviously all that mattered.

What's left of PP is an emotionally fragile woman who is basically almost an empty shell. People are sympathetic about bad relationships up to a point, then it's "oh shut up about it...."

If PP thinks taking up permanent residence in Pity Me Pines Hotel is going to win her accolades and or all sorts of offers (including romance) , she'd better think on. Give it a year or so and no one will want to hear her (by then) oft repeated sad tale of woe and misery. It will be "if she calls again tell her I'm out...".

by Anonymousreply 51November 6, 2021 11:23 PM

Part of what is making PP seem drab in these later photos is her hair color. She was a natural brunette and her blue yes and dark hair were pretty together. She'd look better with darker hair, maybe shoulder length and wavy. She still has her lovely cheekbones and that counts for a lot.

by Anonymousreply 52November 7, 2021 3:51 AM

yes = eyes ^^^

by Anonymousreply 53November 7, 2021 3:53 AM

She's still extremely beautiful. All she needs are some very minor tweaks, eg, some non-ablative laser, possibly teeth whitening and some hair colour. And then being photographed with some makeup, no filters or special lighting needed. She'd be an absolute knock-out.

by Anonymousreply 54November 7, 2021 5:22 AM

She needs to have a talk with Justine Bateman.

by Anonymousreply 55November 7, 2021 5:41 AM

The twinks who were so hot to fuck with me when I was 40 are now 40, and I'm now 60. They look right through me - they don't recognize me.

by Anonymousreply 56November 7, 2021 5:47 AM

[Quote] Don't know why it is so, but Eastern European women (and good number of men) just hit the wall early and hard.

[Quote] Paulina Porizkova in her day was stunningly gorgeous. Now she looks like someone's well used grandmother.

R5 did you look at the recent pics? She has an incredible body, for ANY age

by Anonymousreply 57November 7, 2021 5:05 AM

He was the father of her sons. And she got a nice chunk of his estate, albeit deservedly. She needs to show some decorum if only for the sake of the two young men they had together, that is their father. She doesn't have to speak well of him. Just shut up and have some dignity.

by Anonymousreply 58November 7, 2021 10:43 AM

He always cheated on his kids moms, he hit his jackpot when he made a video with a young stunning model in it who had daddy issues (Paulina). He has 3 ex wives and 6 kids , 2 from each. He was a shit parent to 4 of them. Paulina clearly has craved a stable family and dad hence her attachment to that elder freak. She was unhappy but it’s her own doing. She was a top model for fucks sake, find a therapist and work on your issues then date around while you’re in the best years of your life and career. She looks amazing for her age and isn’t Madonna , having her saggy fake tits and huge bought ass hanging out with a child for a boyfriend. Paulina needs to get herself into a different mindset.

by Anonymousreply 59November 7, 2021 11:33 AM

Retch! What is it with these elderly women and their need to prove they are still fuckable? Her and Madonna...pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 60November 7, 2021 11:38 AM

NYT article complete with thirst trap photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 7, 2021 3:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 7, 2021 3:52 PM

The photos on that NY Times article are so strange and thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 63November 7, 2021 5:29 PM

R52 dying hair a darker color rarely works for older people. It looks harsh and artificial. At this point I think Paulina’s best option is to accept that she is aging and be grateful that she still looks good (just not the same as she did when she was young).

by Anonymousreply 64November 7, 2021 5:45 PM

Thas what aging does, it strips you of your vanities and leaves you there to realize you had better be a good person inside.

by Anonymousreply 65November 7, 2021 6:02 PM

It must be very difficult to age when one was gorgeous in his/her youth. Luckily, this isn’t an issue for me.

by Anonymousreply 66November 7, 2021 6:21 PM

She and Ioan Gruffold’s ex wife should star in a sequel to The First Wives Club or something.

by Anonymousreply 67November 7, 2021 6:25 PM

she is a disgrace for marrying that bum in the first place - women can't pick men to save their lives. Save them from themselves

by Anonymousreply 68November 7, 2021 6:26 PM

Jesus, the pics r61 posted, ugh. She looks very attractive in them until you see she's sitting with her legs open and lingerie exposed. Why? Yes, we get it, you're trying to suggest women are still sexy and 'fuckable' at that age, but do you need to have your snatch (sort of) exposed to convey that? It shows that you've learned nothing about what is truly attractive and sexy about anyone, male or female, by that stage in life, and that is largely why you are not considered appealing, not because you have some wrinkles and grey hair. She didn't have to learn to be a whole person because she coasted on her looks her entire life. It's not too late though, she can learn that now, if she is smart enough.

by Anonymousreply 69November 7, 2021 8:17 PM

“she is a disgrace for marrying that bum in the first place - women can't pick men to save their lives. Save them from themselves.”

I really think most straight men are shit.

by Anonymousreply 70November 7, 2021 8:31 PM

Please take Emily Ratajkowski and Justine Bateman with you, and go fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 71November 7, 2021 8:39 PM

I don’t really expect much insight from models. Paulina was paid an inordinate amount of money for something completely out of her control— she had a beautiful symmetrical face and a tall lean body. Neither of these is an achievement, and neither turns out to be very useful in helping her navigate the wilderness of aging. I would hope that she was at least smart enough to educate herself along the way with all the resources at her disposal and developed into a decent human being in addition to being something nice to look at.

by Anonymousreply 72November 8, 2021 1:42 AM

I was stunned to read in that DM article that she's actually been in therapy for years. Honey... it's not working. Get another therapist: one who does dialectical behavior therapy or similar.

by Anonymousreply 73November 8, 2021 4:50 AM

Honey therapists don't cure anything, that would end their revenue stream. It's always "we're on the verge of making a break through...", but "see my secretary to make an appointment for next week..."

by Anonymousreply 74November 8, 2021 4:54 AM

why does this woman refuse to go away?

by Anonymousreply 75November 8, 2021 5:00 AM

PP wants the world to bear witness to her suffering, and thus validate her feelings.

We've all seen this act before, it is one that goes back ages. If you're lucky experience has only been of some random person you don't know. OtOH those unlucky enough to be sucked into this hot mess via someone they know (family member, friend, co-worker....) know what it's like.

Again at some point you just want to take a croquet mallet and bash them about the head. This or scream "shut the fuck up about it already...".

One tries to be supportive and kind, but quite honestly after several months no one wants to hear it any longer. You've been dumped, done wrong, or whatever. You're not the first nor last, so get the fuck over it.

There are scores of middle aged fraus in NYC alone going through same thing who would kill for sort of coverage PP is getting. They weren't supermodels, married rock stars, maybe aren't particularly wealthy, so one one wants to know.

Even strongest swimmers have been taken down by someone who is drowning. Thus you want to give people like this a very wide berth. If you validate their misery by your support you'll be taken down with the tide as well.

by Anonymousreply 76November 8, 2021 5:28 AM

R74 That's certainly the case with talk therapy, which is why I recommended DBT. There are many kinds of therapists and therapy, some completely ineffective and others life-changing.

by Anonymousreply 77November 8, 2021 5:49 AM

PP should follow Oprah's example and stop chasing beauty -- there's always wisdom and loaves and loaves of bread.

Goodness, Oprah loves bread!

by Anonymousreply 78November 8, 2021 5:50 AM

One might be inclined to have a bit more sympathy for Paulina Porizkova if she wasn't continuously being shown in thirst trap photos.

Some of those images in DM and NYT piece are too shame making for a young woman half Ms. Porizkova's age. I mean really; suspender belts and stocking, legs open, bent over in all sorts of poses. Even if Ms. Porizkova is well preserved below the neck, it's still all a bit of mutton being served as lamb.

by Anonymousreply 79November 8, 2021 9:59 AM

He wasn’t close to his older sons from a previous marriage and called him deadbeat after he died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 8, 2021 10:18 AM

If what his son said was true, Paulina could have dodged a bullet. She saw how Ric O treated those who trusted and depended on him.

by Anonymousreply 81November 8, 2021 10:21 AM

His son’s instagram post ..check out the hashtags

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 8, 2021 10:24 AM

[quote]someone's well used grandmother

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 83November 8, 2021 10:26 AM

Think Christine Brinkley and Cindy Crawford are the only two "super models" from that era who haven't ended up a hot mess. The rest seem all to some extent all seem to be basket cases.

by Anonymousreply 84November 8, 2021 10:29 AM

If Paulina has been in therapy for years then she needs a new therapist. Taking your clothes off in public is not a sign that things are improving (see Britney).

by Anonymousreply 85November 8, 2021 12:43 PM

R85, I hope her sons are not following her on instagram it’s probably embarrassing for them.

by Anonymousreply 86November 8, 2021 12:59 PM

They’re probably used to it, R86. If she’s doing stuff like this for publicity imagine what she does at home.

by Anonymousreply 87November 8, 2021 1:05 PM

Christie Brinkley is a known nutjob. Cindy Crawford must be one too considering how fucked op her kids are.

by Anonymousreply 88November 8, 2021 2:15 PM

Ocasek's enormous ego couldn't handle the fact that she outgrew him and wanted to move on. When money isn't an issue, I firmly believe most women would leave their marriages after kids are grown. Men and women don't have a lot in common to sustain a marriage forever. It's just most women stay because of money. Straight men can't believe it, but it's true.

by Anonymousreply 89November 8, 2021 2:24 PM

Yasmin le Bon looks fantastic.she has definitely aged better than her husband.

by Anonymousreply 90November 8, 2021 2:35 PM

[quote]The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit alum also spoke candidly about aging, saying people have no idea what a woman in her 50s really looks like because they are so used to seeing celebrities who have undergone cosmetic surgeries and procedures.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows what women in their 50's look like.

by Anonymousreply 91November 8, 2021 2:43 PM

Yasmin Le Bon is a freak of nature. She is more beautiful in her 50’s than she was as a model.

[quote] His son’s instagram post ..check out the hashtags

Very very bitter, wow! I’m not altogether on board with putting such bitterness on display but it seems to be the family way.

by Anonymousreply 92November 8, 2021 2:49 PM

What did he do to her? That site is too janky for my device.

by Anonymousreply 93November 8, 2021 2:51 PM

Ocasek will now be remembered at least as much for being a vindictive narcissist who alienated those closest to him as for his music. I like to think that there's life after death just so he can stew in that.

by Anonymousreply 94November 8, 2021 2:51 PM

Which era of supermodels r84? You can't even get the eras correct. Crawford came a bit after Brinkley and Paulina. Many supermodels of the 80s and 90s are NOT fucked up messes.

Among the super supermodels, Christy Turlington and Claudia Schiffer are known to be not messes.

by Anonymousreply 95November 8, 2021 10:32 PM

I was shocked at what happened to 90s supermodel Karen Mulder. I always thought she was stunning.

by Anonymousreply 96November 9, 2021 4:21 AM

Beautiful people can have horrible lives. Never judge a person merely by their outward appearance.

Karen Mulder claimed she was raped and or abused by a long list of men including her father, Prince Albert of Monaco, and Gérald Marie (then head of Elite modeling agency) among others. M. Marie was caught on recorded video offering an underage model money for sex, but that's another scandal.

As Marilyn Monroe and sadly far too many other women have found out, to be attractive to stunningly beautiful basically when just out of the nursery can be a horrible fate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 9, 2021 4:37 AM

I agree with what everyone said above. It must be hard knowing you were once one of the most beautiful women in the world but you threw your youth, beauty, and money away on someone who was as hideous as Rick Ocasek. I am old enough to remember when these two got together and it didn't make sense to anyone. Now we learn that Rick was a dick and it really defies reason.

by Anonymousreply 98November 9, 2021 8:43 PM

I agree with the poster who called her bland-looking even in her prime. Her features are so symmetrical and flawless they become forgettable. I know it sounds like a fucking cliché, but I really think little 'imperfections' do make a face more attractive.

by Anonymousreply 99November 9, 2021 10:53 PM

Omg, she's exhausting. Growing old as a beautiful woman sucks but there's also a freedom that I'm enjoying. So many straight men are just filthy and foul, please ignore me!

I guess being an ugly duckling in my youth had it's perks because I'm able to readjust to being overlooked after many years of being looked over. It was nice while it lasted but who the fuck wants to worry "am I the prettiest girl in the room?" everywhere they go. There's so much more to life than worrying if a guy thinks you're hot enough to fuck

by Anonymousreply 100November 10, 2021 12:05 AM

Why are none of her friends telling her to VOLUNTEER?!?!?!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 101November 10, 2021 2:11 AM

It's been two years of this, R101. They probably gave advice like that for awhile, but at this point they just let her calls go to voicemail.

by Anonymousreply 102November 10, 2021 6:37 AM

Her face looks fine . But she would be wise to stop doing things like the open leg poses for the New York Times. Posing in a playboy pose for NYT would be tacky at 25. Odd that her and Ocasek didn't divorce years earlier.

by Anonymousreply 103November 10, 2021 6:58 AM

Paulina Porizkova being called “brave” in 3..2…1… And watch out for her ONLY FANS account (to her age group it won’t be online but the OG way , she’ll be in a porn store on VHS )

by Anonymousreply 104November 10, 2021 11:36 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105November 10, 2021 12:10 PM

Simon Le Bon OTOH is an entirely different matter....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 10, 2021 12:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 10, 2021 2:57 PM

Somehow this seems appropriate.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 10, 2021 2:58 PM

Wow that pic at R107 is desperate and thirsty. Bitch can't handle being old. I bet she was a constant pain in the asshole to live with.

by Anonymousreply 109November 10, 2021 4:57 PM

I wish Paulina had insisted on being listened to and being considered an equal partner and human worth listening to, throughout her marriage. It's disgusting to me that an ugly inside and out, albeit talented musician like Ocasek treated her like that. He would NEVER had stood a chance on his looks and talent with her if he wasn't also rich and famous. Why treat her like dirt? She stood by him checking on him even after their separation. He seemed like he was truly a monster.

I don't get all the public airing of laundry and lingerie but hey, if she needs to do this to empower herself, why not. I hope she finds a new love and gets somewhat of a career back. She's still gorgeous. He stopped thinking SHE was attractive? Get real, ghost of Ric.

by Anonymousreply 110November 10, 2021 5:05 PM

Today's installment of our continuing saga , I'll Weep Tomorrow, the Paulina Porizkova story.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 13, 2021 6:04 AM

For those that detest New York Post, People mag also is covering this latest installment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 13, 2021 6:07 AM

"Strange that she stayed in the marriage for the long when it wasn’t a good one. "

It's pretty common.

by Anonymousreply 113November 13, 2021 6:17 AM

Yasmin doesn't look good there r105. Paulina looks much better. As for SJP, eeeeew. Just eeeew.

by Anonymousreply 114November 13, 2021 10:36 AM

The Cars didn't suck. They were the first new wave band to be a huge success and their songs have stood the test of time.

by Anonymousreply 115November 13, 2021 11:59 AM

The Cars were pop. Pure pop.

by Anonymousreply 116November 13, 2021 12:32 PM

She is an insufferable airhead.

by Anonymousreply 117November 13, 2021 1:26 PM

Was it ever concluded that he committed suicide?

by Anonymousreply 118November 13, 2021 1:27 PM

Whatever respect I had for her is out the window. Does she know how many women grew their dyed hair out during the pandemic and didn't expect a round of applause? Also, she could shave her head, and apart from a one-day story, no one would care. That's how insignificant she is to the scheme of things.

I think her attempt to be the model was a brain is failing.

I think it's great for SJP to have gray hair and shun makeup. Jamie Lee Curtis went this route years ago and has a great life, from all indications.

by Anonymousreply 119November 13, 2021 5:27 PM

R14 The Cars sucked? Except that they were one of the best pop-pop/rock bands in the history of pop music.

by Anonymousreply 120November 13, 2021 6:19 PM

R5 Needs glasses. Even that wouldn't help him probably. Hit the wall early and hard? Used grandma? You are literally blind. She's 56 and still stunning. You can see she was a beauty queen in her youth.

by Anonymousreply 121November 13, 2021 6:22 PM

Is she still with Aaron Sorkin?

by Anonymousreply 122November 13, 2021 7:13 PM

The problem, as many have noted, is the lack of dignity combined with desperation. She's essentially putting herself out there the same way a trafficked sex worker would for online sex ads, yet she's supposed to be an intelligent woman who had all the advantages in life--wealth, adoration, fame, winning the genetic lottery, etc. And yet, she has come to this. She's not thinking right.

by Anonymousreply 123November 13, 2021 9:04 PM

Ric was so unbelievably ugly and from what she is saying, a total dickhead, too. I don’t understand why she married him. Her sons are funny looking, too. Catherine Deneuve who was much more beautiful than Porizkova said when asked about aging, “I don’t like it but it is not a problem.”

I think Paulina is emotionally and intellectually stunted.

by Anonymousreply 124November 14, 2021 3:08 PM

I look at Brigitte Bardot, who eschewed any plastic surgery.. just going on with the natural aging process. No nips, tucks or tweaks... She was stunning back in the day, very famous as a sex symbol and beautiful... and now shows every bit of her age. She seems to have taken a mature (no pun intended) attitude towards aging. I think that's pretty rare with great beauties of the past.

by Anonymousreply 125November 14, 2021 3:43 PM

If Paulina wants to be a spokesperson for aging women everywhere, she needs to stop posting pictures of herself on a permanent vacation at all these exotic and fabulous resorts soaking up the sun and frolicking poolside.

Most women her age are grey and frumpy because they can't afford monthly hair stylists and are sitting at home watching TV with their fat husbands while listening to him fart all night.

by Anonymousreply 126November 14, 2021 4:00 PM

French women in general tend to view aging far differently than say American or even British women.

On average they seem to embrace what is going to happen anyway, but that isn't to say they just give up. Rather than struggle to look like their daughters (like American or British women), Frenchwomen will realize what worked for her say at 25 isn't at 45 or 55, and make appropriate changes in say dress, hair, etc...

Then of course there is fact Frenchmen continue to find women attractive as they age. The desirability of older Frenchwomen has been a part of French culture going back centuries.

La Marquise de Merteuil seduces and beds young The Chevalier Danceny book ‎Les Liaisons Dangereuses. That bit of fiction was rather a common occurrence in French society then in real life and still goes on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 14, 2021 4:09 PM

Brigette Bardot's racism is not attractive. Pauline needs to get a job hawking Boniva.

by Anonymousreply 128November 14, 2021 4:43 PM

R127, the French woman in that photo has clearly had chin/jawline firm-up work. The thing about French women isn't that they do nothing. It's that they keep it tasteful.

by Anonymousreply 129November 15, 2021 12:34 PM

56? She looks 76 but her body is still great

She has joined the insufferable.....

by Anonymousreply 130November 15, 2021 1:40 PM

How the hell did Ocasek steal [italic]her[/italic] money from her? If that's true, that was one helluva toxic marriage.

by Anonymousreply 131November 15, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote] Most women her age are grey and frumpy because they can't afford monthly hair stylists and are sitting at home watching TV with their fat husbands while listening to him fart all night

😂...too true

by Anonymousreply 132November 15, 2021 5:27 PM

The kids she produced with Ric are HIDEOUS. I'm talking really hard to look at.

by Anonymousreply 133November 15, 2021 6:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 18, 2021 9:19 AM

Please Paulina, don't become another Demi Lovato. You're slowly slipping into that area.

by Anonymousreply 135November 18, 2021 9:34 AM

She needs female friends her own age and her sons need to move on and live their own lives. She is entering Liz Hurley territory and it is not a good look. Pls. go away, Paulina!

by Anonymousreply 136November 18, 2021 5:22 PM

Ric was a son of a bitch who treated all his kids and wives terribly but Paulina is piece of work herself. Talk about exhausting. He has kids he cut out of his will too, it was not just her. They are not acting out through the media daily. Have some dignity or just set up an OnlyFans. I get a desperate vibe like she is trying to attract a man with this behavior but no wealthy man wants a train wreck. Whatever therapy she is doing she is not benefitting or progressing.

Did that house ever sell or is she still living there?

by Anonymousreply 137November 18, 2021 5:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 19, 2021 6:44 AM

Bitch is fucking cray, cray.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 19, 2021 6:45 AM

Well, to look like that at 56 IS amazing. She chose good surgeons and aesthetic practitioners, and she has every right to enjoy the results of her wise investments.

by Anonymousreply 140November 19, 2021 9:17 AM

It's all a bit thirsty if you ask me....

by Anonymousreply 141November 19, 2021 10:42 AM

We didn't hear from her for 35 years. I thought she was so mysterious and cool. And those interviews she gave when she was still very young made her sound very smart and interesting. But now, all of a sudden she's everywhere. And is attention seeking and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 142November 19, 2021 11:06 AM

She seems like a nice enough and likable person. It's a shame she is going this route and losing her dignity now. She's becoming an embarrassment to herself and her family....cringey.

by Anonymousreply 143November 19, 2021 11:17 AM

Perhaps fellow former model Jerry Hall can introduce Paulina to one of her husband Rupert's old billionaire friends?

by Anonymousreply 144November 19, 2021 11:27 AM

"I demand to be seen as a sexual object. Objectify me or you're sexist!"

by Anonymousreply 145November 19, 2021 11:29 AM

She looks amazing but what else does she have to offer? Seriously, good looks only take you so far and then you need a personality. Statues are beautiful, they don't get old but they also seem to have more personality than she does. It's sad really, is she going to be 65, 70 80, years old hoping she still turns heads and dying inside when she doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 146November 19, 2021 11:45 AM

What all these comments about how PP looks good for "56" years old is just that, the woman is nearly 60, so whatever she's trying to prove can compete against is moot.

Someone looking for a twenty-something young woman for whatever reason, doesn't want her mother or even grandmother, this no matter how preserved either of latter happen to be.

Forty may not be fatal, but fifty pushing on sixty is another matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 19, 2021 11:56 AM

I agree R147, my friend is Paulina's age and her body looks amazing but she's still trying to compete with girls in their 20s. She talks a bit about how 20 somethings are kind of fat these days but they still have youth on their side and that's something she just doesn't get.

by Anonymousreply 148November 19, 2021 2:24 PM

R148 in her head she's still young looking. It's hard to look at yourself objectively when you see yourself everyday. Fat people who were thin while young often do the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 149November 19, 2021 4:31 PM

How much more revealing can the photos get? What is the end game? Is a rich man really going to want his gfriend or wife to have posted shots like this? Wendy Deng sure did not. Nor Jerry Hall.

by Anonymousreply 150November 19, 2021 6:34 PM

The photo was taken by a fashion photographer and was professionally airbrushed, filtered and edited. We've seen what she looks like when she takes a selfie and she doesn't look anything like that. She works hard on her body and it shows, but she's a bit on the scrawny side. Her face, while still pretty, shows her age. In that professional photo, none of that is evident. If she wants to be honest and authentic and represent older women, this is not the way to do it.

by Anonymousreply 151November 19, 2021 8:48 PM

She was born in Czechoslovakia then moved to Sweden. Somehow, she got separated from her parents. When she first came on the modeling scene, her teeth were janky. I think she has low self-esteem. Ocasek was not attractive at all and apparently wasn't that great with money, either.

She's probably just kind of dumb, caught a 2nd wave of fame with Ocasek died, and enjoys the attention, again.

by Anonymousreply 152November 19, 2021 9:15 PM

I think R152 nailed it.

Are there any photos of Ocasek without his wig?

by Anonymousreply 153November 19, 2021 11:24 PM

She got on my nerves from the jump. Complaining about America and modeling for stupid amounts of money. Annoying!

by Anonymousreply 154November 19, 2021 11:52 PM

Mouton dressed as agneau

by Anonymousreply 155November 20, 2021 12:42 AM

Aaron Sorkin bailed, even he couldn't handle this shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 20, 2021 8:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 20, 2021 8:32 AM

R153 Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 20, 2021 11:06 AM

That townhouse seems kind of cheap for 10 million? PP’s obsessive “I’m still hot” IG posts make me realize how much men have women under their thumb, women consider it an act of “feminism” and “empowerment” doing exactly what men what them to do: show their tits.

by Anonymousreply 159November 20, 2021 5:49 PM

Lol. Nobody wants to see a 60 year old woman's tits.

by Anonymousreply 160November 20, 2021 6:06 PM

“Lol. Nobody wants to see a 60 year old woman's tits.”

Then why is she getting so much attention for endless nudies?

by Anonymousreply 161November 20, 2021 8:15 PM

She’s getting attention because she’s going out of her way to obtain it by any means necessary. She looks increasingly desperate and unhinged with each new thirst trap photo.

by Anonymousreply 162November 20, 2021 8:33 PM

She's giving men what they DON'T want- an old or unattractive woman's tits. Hot babes' tits are what they want to see.

by Anonymousreply 163November 20, 2021 11:45 PM

Whether or not it's an act of feminism that she is pushing her old tits out is debatable

by Anonymousreply 164November 20, 2021 11:46 PM

Here come those tired old tits again.

by Anonymousreply 165November 21, 2021 12:00 AM

R160 "Lol. Nobody wants to see a 60 year old woman's tits." - speak for yourself

R163 "She's giving men what they DON'T want- an old or unattractive woman's tits. Hot babes' tits are what they want to see." - there's no such thing as unattractive tits. And 56 year old tits are far from being too old. Those are perfect milf years.

You guys don't know what you are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 166November 21, 2021 9:09 AM

She's a little like a train wreck now. The attention she's getting is because, like seeing a wreck...we can't look away, for the most part. You see an accident...you know you shouldn't look, but look anyway. She looks good, but it's her desperate behavior that garners the attention.

by Anonymousreply 167November 21, 2021 10:09 AM

You’re wrong about not wanting to see an older woman’s tits. Trust me on this and live in the real world.

And what r166 said.

by Anonymousreply 168November 21, 2021 12:27 PM

She seems desperate and sad. I don't want to see her tits nor hear about her mental illness. Straight men may look but apparently none want to be with her or she would not be moaning about her loneliness and lack of a man. She seems pathetic, not a turn on, overly needly, not a turn on and everyone has seen 99% of what is on offer, NOT a turn on. Wendy Deng and Jerry Hall were not doing the spread leg shots in lingerie. Shades of Liz Hurley, also alone except when her kid is also made to act as peer to mom. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 169November 21, 2021 2:19 PM

R169. sounds a little turned on if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 170November 21, 2021 3:59 PM

Tawdry and sad pussy might be your thing, R170. Not mine.

Her kids must be mortified by the photos in the NYT. She doesn't need a man for the money, it is just narcissism and neediness. Distasteful in the young and repulsive in someone old enough to know better re: public image. To dress it up as some sort of empowerment fools no one. Wendi Deng is not even that attractive yet lands powerful man after powerful man without her lace covered snatch being splashed across the newspaper. Paulina needs to get to the root of her daddy issues. Privately. Off social media. She wants a man but is making herself radioactive. Complete head case.

by Anonymousreply 171November 21, 2021 4:47 PM

The less we knew about her, the better. This is no way to land a cosmetics contract, which I think is the endgae.

by Anonymousreply 172November 24, 2021 2:09 PM

I think she's trying to land a sugar daddy. Cosmetics companies don't require their models to pose nude.

by Anonymousreply 173November 25, 2021 5:19 AM

Less is more....keep the mystery. Do not expose misery.

by Anonymousreply 174November 25, 2021 5:25 AM

She is likely turning off many who might have been interested. She seems like a miserable head case and at her age, most will pass. She needs way better therapy.

by Anonymousreply 175November 25, 2021 5:29 AM

She seems high maintenance...emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 176November 25, 2021 5:30 AM

Not fun at all and with lots of very deep seated problems, including, it seems, exhibitionism. The NYT shots were soft core porn. Just tawdry.

by Anonymousreply 177November 25, 2021 5:33 AM

Either it was a PR stunt, or Aaron Sorkin legged it away from this hot mess fast as he could. That should tell people something.

PP just too thirsty and there has to be reasons behind this madness, such as a touch of mental instability. Whether that condition is temporary or has been an ongoing issue remains the larger question.

Why Daily Fail and others are dogging PP and documenting her story is another question that wants answers as well. Again either it is part of a well oiled PR machine, or someone somewhere (perhaps in great names of inclusion and equality) believes this is a saga worth covering... Complete with a nearly 60 year old woman stripping down to her undergarments, posing nude and other questionable images.

This is not going to end well, you mark my words. My guess is we won't hear entire story until after PP dies and one of the sons comes forward with entire backstory. PP remained with her husband for all those years for reasons only she knows. Worse the daft cow went back to take care of him during his final illness when she could have been well out of it.

More fodder for analysts is fact PP's new apartment is in same building where she lived when first arrived in NYC. There's something up with this woman that simply gives off cray cray vibes.

No sane and reasonable man is going to go anywhere near, and why should they? Sure PP looks "great" for a nearly sixty year old woman, but she's just that. Even an old geezer like Aaron Sorkin can pull young women half PP's age (if only for sex), that don't come with her emotional and or mental baggage.

Younger man might find PP interesting or whatever else goes into running around with an old woman. But they likely would have even less patience than an older man for what apparently is PP's very thirsty neediness.

by Anonymousreply 178November 25, 2021 5:49 AM

R177 I'm a bit surprised that the NYT photographer didn't suggest that she ....dial it back a bit for the photos. It's not even just an age thing. I would have thought the Times would balk at publishing an open leg photo of a 22 year old starlet as well. It just doesn't match the tone of their profiles. It's not Maxim.

by Anonymousreply 179November 25, 2021 6:02 AM

OP you mean creating news again

by Anonymousreply 180November 25, 2021 8:50 AM

She's a gilf.

by Anonymousreply 181November 25, 2021 8:59 AM

So much psychoanalysis over a lingerie shoot.

by Anonymousreply 182November 25, 2021 1:41 PM

Big part is, Porizkova just isn’t very smart.

by Anonymousreply 183November 25, 2021 2:07 PM

She is gross and nutty. I feel sorry for her kids.

I think she may be headed for a premature death, she has self harm vibes, all of this is, when the flimsy empowerment narrative is stripped away.

How do you know it is the same apartment building? Surely she is much more wealthy now? I can't imagine what is up with THAT,

by Anonymousreply 184November 25, 2021 2:46 PM

I used to think she was pretty smart...down to earth for someone so beautiful, but her emotional intelligence is like a child. Like that term...emotional intelligence...thanks to therapy...lol.

by Anonymousreply 185November 25, 2021 2:50 PM

Just thought I'd check to see if PP has yet more pictures released, and she has......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186December 2, 2021 3:39 AM

Today's installment of the never ending story.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187December 2, 2021 3:40 AM

I don't understand why the marriage lasted so long. I always assumed that while he may have been no looker, he treated her very well to get her to stay. But this is just bizarre. It's not like divorces are taboo in their social circle.

by Anonymousreply 188December 2, 2021 3:52 AM

She really loved him.

by Anonymousreply 189December 2, 2021 4:03 AM

What R179 posted! This does not fit the NYT aesthetic. At. All. NY Mag would be pushing it. It does look closer to something like a Maxim shoot. How did that get the green light?

This whole thing is getting weirder, and I don't think is going to end well. I hope I am wrong.

by Anonymousreply 190December 2, 2021 4:33 AM

It's hard to age and lose your power over men when you once looked like this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 2, 2021 5:17 AM

Maybe she really loved him, but it could be in large part because of her insecurity (which seems to be revealed more, lately), that she stayed with Ocasek. He was a jerk...had nothing going for him...so, it's a good point R188. I assumed the same thing....he must have been really good to her. She did have her own money and didn't need to be supported. She's gorgeous, especially then, and could have had the pick of anyone. She's needy.

by Anonymousreply 192December 2, 2021 11:07 AM

She had/has daddy issues, R188. First both parents abandoned her for years, then when she was finally reunited with them, her father left the family.

Ric was about her dad's age and from the same part of the world. They met when he was a twice-divorced father and she was a teenager. He dominated her but also made her feel "treasured" in her own words. She was acting out her fantasy of being daddy's little girl.

Didn't work out so hot.

by Anonymousreply 193December 2, 2021 12:51 PM

If she wanted to get revenge on Ric by smearing his reputation and telling all, she should have done it while he was still alive.

Now that he's dead, no one cares.

Revenge is a dish best served by the living.

But I can understand that's it's driving her crazy. She must have been terrified of him.

by Anonymousreply 194December 2, 2021 1:22 PM

Men who marry women young enough to be their daughters are always assholes.

by Anonymousreply 195December 2, 2021 1:40 PM

A young woman with daddy issues has lots of takers. An old woman with daddy issues? Now, that's another story.

by Anonymousreply 196December 2, 2021 3:20 PM

It’s strange there are posters who detest Paulina Porizkova on some supposed moral level. She seems intelligent, loving, loyal, hardworking, not a lush, no diva reputation.

What is the outrage about, exactly??

by Anonymousreply 197December 3, 2021 9:11 AM

She comes across as one of those incredibly beautiful but incredibly crazy women. Unfortunately, when the beauty is gone all you have left is the crazy.

by Anonymousreply 198December 3, 2021 9:14 AM

[quote]R198 She comes across as one of those incredibly beautiful but incredibly crazy women.

“Incredibly crazy”? You sound as if you’ve led a very sheltered life if you find her “incredibly crazy”.

What did she do that you’re reacting to?

by Anonymousreply 199December 3, 2021 9:37 AM

She doesn’t seem incredibly crazy, but does seem to be having a mid-life crises, maybe a bit late.

Could also be combined with the grieving process. Grief does weird things to people. I had a brief period of being a big ho after my mother died very unexpectedly. Years later, I still haven’t figured that one out.

by Anonymousreply 200December 3, 2021 10:38 AM

Someone had photos of her before she had her teeth fixed. One of the tabloids back in the eighties…

by Anonymousreply 201December 3, 2021 11:48 AM

[quote]r119 I think it's great for SJP to have gray hair and shun makeup. Jamie Lee Curtis went this route years ago and has a great life, from all indications.

Jamie Lee is a man, and therefor has more options.

by Anonymousreply 202December 3, 2021 5:35 PM

R192 "had nothing going for him" He was the front man of one if the biggest bands of the late 70s/80s. Being a sucsesft musician isn't enough? What else should he had going for himself? Being a brain surgeon in his free time?

by Anonymousreply 203December 6, 2021 8:37 AM

R203...Maybe he was a successful musician. How is that enough when he was a lousy human being and an ugly one at that..inside and out? You measure a person's worth with so-called success? He treated her and his family like shit, his success has nothing to do with it. Some of the most accomplished people can be the worst.

by Anonymousreply 204December 6, 2021 10:30 AM

R204 "How is that enough when he was...an ugly one at that..inside and out?" So you are saying it's his fault that he was ugly and should have get a ton of plastic surgeries?

by Anonymousreply 205December 6, 2021 11:10 AM

He could be unattractive...but a decent person. Who mentioned plastic surgeries? You're being obtuse and probably a troll.. wanting to argue a stupid point. Bye now...

by Anonymousreply 206December 6, 2021 11:16 AM

R206 You mentioned him being ugly. If that's not important,why mention it, dummy?

by Anonymousreply 207December 6, 2021 9:12 PM

Because Paulina's beauty was obviously important to Ric R207. She was successful and NOT an asshole and not hideoualy ugly. So the least Ric could be was nice to her and everyone else but he couldn't even manage that. He has "nothing going for him" in terms of looks or personality or anything outside of his success.

by Anonymousreply 208December 6, 2021 9:19 PM

R208 In other words, he had a lot going for him, he was just an asshole of a person.

by Anonymousreply 209December 6, 2021 9:25 PM

Lol no he didn't R209. The only thing he had was the band. He was an asshole and hideously ugly. Sorry if the truth offends you.

by Anonymousreply 210December 6, 2021 9:28 PM

R209 you have got to be a straight man. No other group would defend an ugly asshole who treated his young beautiful wife like shit other than a straight man.

by Anonymousreply 211December 6, 2021 9:33 PM

R210 Except that's not true. He also had a solo career and worked as a producer. For a lot of big names too. And being pretty is something you are born with, not something you have going for you. So he was an asshole that had a lot going for him.

by Anonymousreply 212December 6, 2021 9:33 PM

Oh being pretty is not something one has going for them? That's news to me, women need to be alerted to the fact that their looks don't contribute to being attractive. After all, if you're born with it then it doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 213December 6, 2021 9:35 PM

R211 I'm not defending him, you asshole. I'm just calling out the guy who said he had nothing going for him, when he obviously did. Learn to read. And funny how you say that only a straight man would defend a guy treated his young beautiful wife like shit other, when DL is the most mysonistic place on the internet, where women are called fish, fraus, cunts, bitches million times a day. And guys are always protected while women are assaulted, in scenarios like this. Well, I guess in scenarios where men are good looking (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie being an example). Since Ric was ugly as sin, makes sense you are not defending him.

by Anonymousreply 214December 6, 2021 9:38 PM

Okay fine R214. When stacked up against Paulina, he had nothing going for him. He had success. She had success, youth, beauty, AND a tolerable personality. She was leagues above him in attractive qualities. Does that clarify things better for you?

by Anonymousreply 215December 6, 2021 9:56 PM

A lot of straight women are very attracted to musicians. They think they’re sensitive and artistic. What these women don’t always get is that those qualities don’t necessarily make for someone who is easy to live with.

by Anonymousreply 216December 7, 2021 12:05 AM

FWIU whole PP PR media campaign boils down in a nutshell to her waking up and realizing that men are/were passing her over for younger women. Well cry me a river.

Great body, looking good for her age, or whatever else you want to say about an older woman, she's still just that. Not every younger guy wants a mature woman (with or without a rocking body), and quite a few mature men themselves prefer younger females. That simply has been way of world for centuries.

These tawdry media displays with PP showing her wares as if to validate her beauty are just going to backfire. You can just hear conversations among 18-49 male demographic PP and others are hoping to impress with these soft porn pictorial spreads.

"Not bad for an old broad"

"I'd fuck her"

"MILTF"

And so it goes.... But if PP Is looking for more than a tumble in the sack she's going about it totally wrong way. She just looks like a bit of desperate mutton dressed as lamb begging for attention.

by Anonymousreply 217December 7, 2021 12:49 AM

[quote]r217 if Paulina Is looking for more than a tumble in the sack she's going about it totally wrong way.

LOVE gay men giving women dating advice!

Maybe you can start a straight dating service, or charm school?

by Anonymousreply 218December 7, 2021 1:46 AM

Why don't attractive older men do this sort of thing? Why aren't publications running photos of male celebrities suddenly getting undressed and posing in compromising positions for attention? Gender equality is nonexistent and PP proves it.

by Anonymousreply 219December 7, 2021 4:07 AM

^^ Explain

by Anonymousreply 220December 7, 2021 4:14 AM

Paulina wasn't "somehow separated from her parents." Her parent fled Czechoslovakia for Sweden and never sent for her. She had to live with her grandmother. Her case was very famous. This is why she has abandonment issues.

Her mother is beautiful. Paulina looks a lot like her mother. Her mom recently remarried.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221December 7, 2021 4:22 AM

The case was famous in Sweden and Czechoslovakia at the time. It was like Gloria Vanderbilt's trial as "The Poor Little Rich Girl."

by Anonymousreply 222December 7, 2021 4:24 AM

Get over yourself gramps or grandma, any male gay or straight often has far better insight as to what heterosexual males are about when it comes to females.

Why do you think females for ages have had gay pals? More to point treat them as one of their girlfriends, constantly pumping them for advice about what to do about this or that situation involving a man.

A gay man likely would tell a frau what she doesn't want to hear. This versus her girlfriends who will be all supportive to a female's face, then be totally cruel behind her back.

by Anonymousreply 223December 7, 2021 6:08 AM

If Ms. Porizkova thinks things are tough man wise now at 54, wait until she hits 60!

by Anonymousreply 224December 7, 2021 7:51 PM

Christ, get a vibrator. She has money. Problem solved- no need for a (straight) man.

by Anonymousreply 225December 7, 2021 8:10 PM

Daddy issues are not solved with an order from Babeland, R225.

by Anonymousreply 226December 7, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote]R223 Why do you think females for ages have had gay pals? More to point treat them as one of their girlfriends, constantly pumping them for advice about what to do about this or that situation involving a man.

Mmmm… most of my closest friends are women. But they don’t ask me for relationship advice. Why would they?? Since I’m not attached to straight men I have very little insight into what works for them when they’re in relationships with women.

[quote]A gay man likely would tell a frau what she doesn't want to hear.

Doesn’t that kind of blow your theory out of the water? Why would women supposedly cultivate sources for advice they don’t agree with?

by Anonymousreply 227December 8, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote] I had a brief period of being a big ho after my mother died very unexpectedly.

I did too when my mom was dying. I needed some sort of comfort and it manifested into lots of guys.

by Anonymousreply 228December 8, 2021 7:07 AM

R227

A gay man likely would tell PP she's making a fool out of herself with those pictures.

OTOH who do you think is putting PP up to and or supporting her efforts? Other fraus, that's who. More to point other women in same age demographic as PP suffering same fate of invisibility.

by Anonymousreply 229December 8, 2021 8:07 AM

[quote] A gay man likely would tell a frau what she doesn't want to hear.

Leave women and children the fuck alone, Charles!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 8, 2021 12:00 PM

Pathetic is tawdry, not hot.

Lace covered snatch shots in the NYT? NOT hot.

No rich man is going to want that. A poorer man may come after her money, using her emotional neediness to get to it.

by Anonymousreply 231December 8, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote] A gay man likely would tell a frau what she doesn't want to hear.

She could get the same feedback from a woman friend. It’s so arrogant to assume that your sexuality makes you the final arbiter of everyone’s sexual behavior. Hey, we both suck cock so I can give you unsolicited advice on how to handle men! Give me a break! How many gay men are walking around right now in dysfunctional relationships or lonely because they don’t have relationship skills? Being gay does not a Dr. Ruth make. Sorry.

It also sounds…sexist. I would not want any heterosexual people give me advice on my love life either. We’ve spent the past millennium being forced to do just that!

by Anonymousreply 232December 8, 2021 5:38 PM

The sad thing is she could still be beautiful and sexy if she wasn't so pathetic in putting it all out there like expired food thrown to wild dogs.

by Anonymousreply 233December 8, 2021 11:00 PM

I followed both Paulina and Isabella Rossellini who is 69, former model and actress on IG. Isabella seems to have good relationships with her children, and went back to school to get a masters degree. Rossellini is interested in things other than herself and it makes her an interesting person. Paulina seems boring, dull and vapid.

by Anonymousreply 234December 9, 2021 8:06 PM

So she's settled with his estate, and been given one third of it, and it was worth far more she says that the quoted $5 million. So she's fine. She can go off to her upstate NY home and potter away in peace forever.

by Anonymousreply 235December 9, 2021 8:37 PM

Clearly she cannot, R235, she has obvious mental health issues.

by Anonymousreply 236December 9, 2021 10:54 PM

She’s had some degree of celebrity most of her life and doesn’t seem to be coping with the prospect of the spotlight going away. Paulina has more than enough money to get therapy to address this but she has to be willing to seek help rather than pose for post-menopausal thirst trap photos.

by Anonymousreply 237December 10, 2021 2:48 AM

[quote] It's disgusting to me that an ugly inside and out, albeit talented musician like Ocasek treated her like that. He would NEVER had stood a chance on his looks and talent with her if he wasn't also rich and famous.

Works both ways doesn’t it? Doesnt seem like either one was there dir true love, at least at the beginning.

[quote] Why don't attractive older men do this sort of thing? Why aren't publications running photos of male celebrities suddenly getting undressed and posing in compromising positions for attention? Gender equality is nonexistent and PP proves it.

Did someone hold a gun to her head? Or force the NYTs to run the photos? They thought there was an audience.

[quote] Rossellini is interested in things other than herself and it makes her an interesting person. Paulina seems boring, dull and vapid.

There you have it: being interested in something besides yourself makes YOU interesting.

by Anonymousreply 238December 10, 2021 4:24 PM

I am still very surprised someone in the NY Times editorial staff gave the greenlight to run those photos. Then again, the NYT is a shadow of its former self so...maybe they are just as thirsty as she is.

by Anonymousreply 239December 10, 2021 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!