Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Marlon Brando's incredibly complicated love life

He had three wives: Anna Kashfi (1957-9), Movita Castaneda (1960, annulled 1968), and Tarita Teriipaia (1962-72). He also had two long-term live-in lovers, Jill Banner (1968-1982) and Maria Christina Ruiz (1988-2001). In addition, he had multiple other long-term lovers on the side, including Wally Cox, Reiki Sato, Katy Jurado, Marilyn Monroe, Rita Moreno, and (probably) Richard Pryor. God only knows how many other people (men and women both) he fucked.

He also had eleven children (that we know of for sure--he probably had even more).

Obviously he could have anyone he wanted because of his exceptional beauty and fame, until he became grotesquely fat. But why was he so fucked up? There have been other beautiful famous men who have not messed up so many other people's lives the way Brando did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 2, 2021 7:44 PM

He was insane from 1957.

All but 4 of his movies lost money from then. Only 4 movie directors could control his bad behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 1October 31, 2021 10:02 PM

Why did he go insane? I know he had mean parents who criticized him a lot, but that doesn't explain why he went nuts.

by Anonymousreply 2October 31, 2021 10:30 PM

He went nuts in Japan in 57. He realised that he HATED the modern American way of life.

He started to misbehave. He ruined the 'Bounty' with his utterly bizarre performance. He sacked the distinguished director and MGM lost millions.

He hated America but was too much of a mess to leave it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 31, 2021 10:36 PM

Did Marlon have a sexual relationship with French actor Christian Marquand, whom he named his son after?

by Anonymousreply 4October 31, 2021 11:56 PM

They had a saliva relationship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 1, 2021 12:05 AM

Jill Banner? That’s a surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 1, 2021 12:17 AM

One thing you hear repeatedly from the people who worked with him after "Julius Caesar" was that he acted like a spoiled child on his sets. He would insist on having his way in all things, and if directors or co-stars or producers would resist, he would just keep insisting until he got what he wanted, even when it was a terrible idea. No one knew how to say "no" to him, and he didn't get fired very often for on-set bad behavior, despite the fact that most of his films didn't earn their money back for decades and decades.

by Anonymousreply 7November 1, 2021 12:27 AM

was it the drugs that rotted his mind?

by Anonymousreply 8November 1, 2021 9:36 AM

late stage Syphilis

by Anonymousreply 9November 1, 2021 9:40 AM

They dont made men like Brando anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2021 10:18 AM

There were rumors that Brando molested his daughter Cheyenne...

by Anonymousreply 11November 1, 2021 10:29 AM

Wasn't his mother a slut who slept with several of his friends? I don't even know if his father was ever around.

That kind of childhood would mess anybody up, and with problematic parents, there was likely a genetic component to his instability too.

Plus, Hollywood is a toxic environment for everybody, so the more screwed up you are going in, the worse it's gonna be.

by Anonymousreply 12November 1, 2021 11:16 AM

Gosh, R7. With those credentials, why didn't the Republicans run him for President?

R11 firms the case.

by Anonymousreply 13November 1, 2021 11:29 AM

Untouchable, unique even in his laziest performances.

by Anonymousreply 14November 1, 2021 11:37 AM

Marlon Brando - Reflections in a Golden Eye

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 1, 2021 11:39 AM

Mental illness does not care if you're rich, famous and physically attractive. It's a mix of genetic and environmental factors. Fame itself can be traumatic due to all the stress and pressure. And being a beautiful celebrity makes it easier for the mental instability to get to horrific levels because everyone kisses your ass. How many actresses are borderline and narcissistic but got a pass for their beauty? Poor and ugly people with mental illnesses are arrested, killed, institutionalized or die homeless.

by Anonymousreply 16November 1, 2021 11:50 AM

Brando seemed to have narcissistic personality disorder. A lot of brilliant and creative minds have it. They do better in the arts world because they have intense drive. They should stay away from corporate or political careers though for the sake of everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 17November 1, 2021 11:52 AM

The getting fat thing was his karma for being such a narcissistic asshole!

by Anonymousreply 18November 1, 2021 11:53 AM

He wasn't objectively that classically handsome. He had a great body when he was younger for that time, but not by modern standards.

He must have been extremely charismatic.

Also, people who barter and leverage their looks as he did throughout his early life are often emotionally damaged, also getting that fat is another frequent sign of psychological and emotional damage.

Gurl was a mess.

by Anonymousreply 19November 1, 2021 11:54 AM

Is it terribly politically incorrect to say: a typical bisexual

by Anonymousreply 20November 1, 2021 12:09 PM

Jill Banner? Coincidentally I just saw Spider Baby the other day, what a ridiculously bad movie. Jill was a terrible actress. Guess Marlon didn't care about that!

by Anonymousreply 21November 1, 2021 12:18 PM

WALLY COX?

by Anonymousreply 22November 1, 2021 12:21 PM

R22. That’s news to you?

by Anonymousreply 23November 1, 2021 12:33 PM

I think so to, r9. The story is that he and several people from the Bounty film crew spread STDs amongst the Tahitian girls they were rooting. Maybe he never got treatment, or had a resistant strain. He had caught STDs more than once, so it’s possible that he developed a hard to treat case of something….

by Anonymousreply 24November 1, 2021 12:34 PM

R12, Both his parents were alcholics. Of his mother, he wrote, "she preferred getting drunk to caring for us." And of his father, "nothing I did ever pleased or even interested him." It was a home environment that didn't exactly nurture a sound mind or personality.

by Anonymousreply 25November 1, 2021 12:58 PM

[quote][R22]. That’s news to you?

Always thought this was a running joke on DL.

Did Wally have a big dick or something? Facially he wasn't much to look at.

by Anonymousreply 26November 1, 2021 12:59 PM

I think that Wally bottomed for Brando…that sounds like a good idea for a movie.

Bottoming For Brando.

Starring Wally”s COCK!

by Anonymousreply 27November 1, 2021 1:03 PM

Wasn't Brando sleeping with Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier for a short while? According to David Niven, it was well known that they had a menage-à-trois relationship and he even saw Brando and Olivier making out in a pool during a party. He never mentioned it to Vivien because she knew and, as Niven sid: 'One must be sophisticated about such matters in life'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 1, 2021 1:21 PM

Wally Cox was a little shit too, at 5' 6!" That was a dead give away. Remember how back in the day how people would be surprised to find out that a taller guy was gay? The line was always: "but you're so tall." It was assumed most little fuckers were gay. LOL

by Anonymousreply 29November 1, 2021 1:23 PM

Wally Cox's "Mr Peepers" persona was meek and mild-mannered, but in reality, he was described as fit and athletic and rode around in motorcycles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 1, 2021 1:37 PM

If Marlon's mom was a drunken whore who neglected him in his formative years. That definitely would cause a person to develop narcissistic and antisocial traits. Usually it's neglect and lack of a nurturing childhood environment. They aren't innately bad people in that they choose to be bad. But they can't relate at all to other's feelings and can end up being bullies especially those close to them. Marlon did a lot of civil rights activism and supported social causes. So he had an idea of right and wrong but he just didn't practice in his personal life. Like many with NPD, he made his own rules and chose when to apply them.

by Anonymousreply 31November 1, 2021 2:08 PM

I like that Mutiny movie. Brando was an actor that was compelling when he was *thinking.* there are only a handful of actors that can do this.

by Anonymousreply 32November 1, 2021 2:18 PM

I think his appeal was his boyish face (big eyes, pouty lips, round cheeks) and muscular body. He was sturdy and had thick legs and a big butt. A mix of masculine and feminine. Had a very soft quiet voice but a strong presence. James Dean and Elvis Presley had similar appeal. A new style of masculinity that showed vulnerability. Then came the 60s.

by Anonymousreply 33November 1, 2021 5:24 PM

Wally Cox: The Wild One

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 1, 2021 5:30 PM

R32 what about all that prissy, pseudo-English effeminacy?

The English director asked him to tone it down because--

1. Englishmen aren't that ridiculously effeminate.

2. The director knew Brando was making a fool of himself using that baby voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 2, 2021 12:59 AM

He ruined Reflections in a Golden Eye. Montgomery Clift, who was originally cast but, well, died before filming, would have been perfect in the role.

by Anonymousreply 36November 2, 2021 1:05 AM

A narcissistic bisexual? WHHHHHAAAAT?

by Anonymousreply 37November 2, 2021 1:11 AM

[quote] Mental illness does not care if you're rich, famous and physically attractive.

And Broadway doesn't care for booze or pills!

by Anonymousreply 38November 2, 2021 1:29 AM

Brando and Wally Cox grew up together in Evanston, IL, and were closest of close friends long before either was famous.

by Anonymousreply 39November 2, 2021 1:31 AM

What is the proof that he and Wally were involved?

by Anonymousreply 40November 2, 2021 1:32 AM

Besides the fact he wanted his ashes to be mixed with Wally’s you mean r40?

by Anonymousreply 41November 2, 2021 1:36 AM

Didn't Brando's ex-wife pull out the picture of Brando sucking Wally's Cox during a divorce trial?

by Anonymousreply 42November 2, 2021 1:38 AM

[quote]Englishmen aren't that ridiculously effeminate

What planet are you from?

by Anonymousreply 43November 2, 2021 1:51 AM

You forgot me you fucker!

by Anonymousreply 44November 2, 2021 2:11 AM

He also fucked Kim Hunter during their Streetcar days.

by Anonymousreply 45November 2, 2021 2:12 AM

He can get by pretty well in French.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 2, 2021 2:17 AM

There's a better than even chance that he's Courtney Love's maternal grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 47November 2, 2021 2:20 AM

R46 Un peu.

by Anonymousreply 48November 2, 2021 2:32 AM

He was sexy before he porked up, he had this sexual magnetism that made him desirable to anyone that crossed his path.

by Anonymousreply 49November 2, 2021 2:44 AM

r48, plus qu'un peu.

by Anonymousreply 50November 2, 2021 2:44 AM

I know this must be endlessly talked about but what the fuck happened to him that he became morbidly obese? It's like a fucking horror story to watch his old performances and know what he became. It's fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 51November 2, 2021 2:48 AM

Sexy thang

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 2, 2021 2:50 AM

[quote] I know this must be endlessly talked about but what the fuck happened to him that he became morbidly obese?

I told you back in R1 and R3. He started going insane in Japan.

by Anonymousreply 53November 2, 2021 2:55 AM

R49, except for Frank Sinatra.

by Anonymousreply 54November 2, 2021 2:57 AM

Did Truman Capote have anything to do with Brando's "insanity" in Japan?

by Anonymousreply 55November 2, 2021 3:00 AM

Brando was beautiful for like his first 3 movies. After that something happened.

by Anonymousreply 56November 2, 2021 3:00 AM

R55 Are you referring to Truman Capote's interview with Brando in Kyoto, Japan, 1957. mentioned in The Guardian?

(I can't open The Guardian)

by Anonymousreply 57November 2, 2021 3:06 AM

R57, Yes. I heard Brando threw a fit when he saw Truman's hit piece on him.

by Anonymousreply 58November 2, 2021 3:11 AM

The fattening of Elvis was allegedly his love of deep fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches.

Marlon's poundage was the result of lots and lots of ice cream. From fudge swirl to butter pecan. He loved it all, all day, every day.

by Anonymousreply 59November 2, 2021 4:58 AM

Ice cream? What the fuck. I’m disturbed by the weight gain so much. I don’t get it at all.

by Anonymousreply 60November 2, 2021 5:09 AM

[quote] Marlon's poundage

He was as disgustingly obese as Welles.

At least Welles made an effort to make movies but Brando's efforts over his last two decades were like the painful and constant expulsion of intestinal gas.

by Anonymousreply 61November 2, 2021 5:09 AM

Rita Moreno has said in interviews that Marlon was a great fuck. They were a couple for about 7 years. She also tried to kill herself to get away from him, and had his baby aborted. As much as she now says he was mean, cruel and a terrible person, she has a framed picture of the two of them, which is alongside photos of her family (daughter, grandsons). It can be seen in the doc about heron Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 62November 2, 2021 6:30 AM

Brando would fuck anything or anybody when he was younger. He even fucked Joan Crawford, though her cigarette breath made the experience unpleasant for him.

by Anonymousreply 63November 2, 2021 7:01 AM

r52 When I grow up I want to haver a husband like Stanley

by Anonymousreply 64November 2, 2021 7:34 AM

Quincy Jones said he fucked James Baldwin, Richard Pryor and Marvin Gaye. 3 black icons!

by Anonymousreply 65November 2, 2021 10:05 AM

Has the narcissism cunt troll piped in yet? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 66November 2, 2021 10:16 AM

James Baldwin? I can’t believe that…love James as a writer, but ewww.

by Anonymousreply 67November 2, 2021 10:40 AM

James Baldwin was intelligent, stylish and charismatic. I don't find him physically attractive but his intelligence is so sexy I would do him. Some ugly men just have xexhzl charisma. Marlon seemed to like people of color as lovers. A true color blind person.

by Anonymousreply 68November 2, 2021 11:08 AM

[quote] A true color blind person.

Yes, we must aspire to blind like him.

by Anonymousreply 69November 2, 2021 11:35 AM

James Baldwin was not bad looking when he was younger. Plus as others said he was brilliant, charming and passionate.

He was probably packing too! I get a versatile vibe from him but I bet he fucked the shit outta Brando!

He did not age well though. I suspect it was due to the smoking and probably other substance abuses.

Practically every picture of him he is holding a cigarette. It's no wonder he died at only 63 years old - of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 70November 2, 2021 11:56 AM

Here’s James Baldwin in 1953. He’s not bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 2, 2021 12:03 PM

That’s a good photo of James.

I guess I am remembering photos of him when he was older. I remember when PEOPLE interviewed him a few years before his death, he was pictured with a fine looking brother, much younger than him.

by Anonymousreply 72November 2, 2021 12:21 PM

[quote] I guess I am remembering photos of him when he was older.

Yes, he didn’t age well.

by Anonymousreply 73November 2, 2021 1:37 PM

[quote]And Broadway doesn't care for booze or pills! 😢😢☹️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 2, 2021 2:24 PM

R63, was it Kirk Douglas who said something similar about Joan Crawford's bad breath? It smelled like fish and put him off.

by Anonymousreply 75November 2, 2021 11:19 PM

[quote]Some ugly men just have xexhzl charisma.

That'sh what I always shay! Xexhzl charishma!

by Anonymousreply 76November 2, 2021 11:29 PM

Yes, r75, I read that in Kirk’s autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 77November 2, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote]Quincy Jones said he fucked James Baldwin, Richard Pryor and Marvin Gaye. 3 black icons!

There was no FOUR. I told Marlon to take a hike as I clinged to my passive gay husband!

by Anonymousreply 78November 2, 2021 11:58 PM

Brando was fascinated by Baldwin's intellect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 3, 2021 1:13 AM

Brando was starting to lose his looks in the 60s and 70s. He was mostly beautiful in the 1940s and early 1950s. He liked intelligent people. Baldwin and Pryor were intelligent, not the most beautiful but there's more to sexual attraction than just beauty.

by Anonymousreply 80November 3, 2021 1:17 AM

Yet, he exclusively chose women as the objects of his hate and rage.

by Anonymousreply 81November 3, 2021 1:42 AM

Richard Pryor?

When did that happen? Info.

Never heard or thought about Pryor being gay. (kind of gross to think about actually.)

by Anonymousreply 82November 3, 2021 2:02 AM

Quincy Jones said this. He's old and I guess the dementia is causing him to lose his chill and spill all the tea. He's so old he don't give a fuck. Q is also bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 83November 3, 2021 2:05 AM

Did anyone ever fuck Brando when he was fat fat? Or was all that weight akin to chemical castration?

by Anonymousreply 84November 3, 2021 2:14 AM

Dementia has relieved Quincy Jones of any fucks to give, something that escaped his people when they made the mistake of allowing him to promote something (a birthday or anniversary, can't remember) in what was supposed to be a series of interviews. The 85-year-old has been in showbiz since the 1940s, apparently has scores to settle so he ran his mouth in two interviews for GQ and Vulture like armageddon was tomorrow, leaving bodies left and right before his daughters got to him and quickly pulled the plug on the interviews. He dissed everyone from Michael Jackson to the Beatles. And of the black icons he outed, besides Baldwin, no one anywhere had an inkling of Pryor or Gaye being bisexual (Pryor's wife confirmed it). Makes you wonder how much Hollywood shenanigans never get to see the light of day.

Spilling the tea one last time in a book is out of the question because his daughters have him supervised under effective house arrest LOL.

by Anonymousreply 85November 3, 2021 5:02 AM

^ *Q was 85 when he gave the interviews. He's 88 now.

by Anonymousreply 86November 3, 2021 5:03 AM

Talking about Brando on this thread prompted me to watch "The Wild One" for the first time. I was amazed how hot he was in those jeans and leather jacket and cap.

There were so many shots that beautifully showed off his ass in tight jeans, but then the director seemed obsessed with all the bikers' denim-clad asses.

by Anonymousreply 87November 3, 2021 5:11 AM

He was sex on legs in that movie. Had total swag. That movie inspired both Elvis Presley and The Beatles.

by Anonymousreply 88November 3, 2021 5:16 AM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 89November 4, 2021 12:13 AM

R89 There is nothing to bump.

It was sickness of the body and sickness of the mind. It was 'A horror!'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 4, 2021 12:18 AM

I repeat: BUMP

by Anonymousreply 91November 4, 2021 1:43 AM

What's up with his (living) children? There was one who kept showing up about five years ago with died blond long hair who was supposed to be the next big model, but I haven't heard anything about him since. Are there some who are just living the beach life in Tahiti?

by Anonymousreply 92November 4, 2021 1:59 AM

there was a documentary a few years ago that was very good.

He got so full of himself and then his ego on the Bounty film got him so much bad press. Then he drifted into regret and dismay over how the public opinion of him turned in the sixties. He bounced back with Godfather and Last Tango BUT then just became known as the guy who sent the Native American woman to decline his Oscar.

Then he got fat and just became known for demanding lots of money for small roles in films.

by Anonymousreply 93November 4, 2021 3:53 AM

What was his relationship with Michael Jackson? Weird friendship.

by Anonymousreply 94November 4, 2021 11:45 AM

Jackson had a friendship with Brando and Liz Taylor. Brando though in his typical fashion, would be blunt and told Michael he was weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 4, 2021 11:53 AM

Brando Liz and Michael probably had a 3-way!

by Anonymousreply 96November 4, 2021 1:05 PM

[quote]He bounced back with Godfather

Many of you may not know or remember that the casting of Brando in The Godfather was controversial. Most people just couldn't fathom him as Don Corleone in the movie of the best selling novel. Brando was considered a bad behaved has-been, and not known by current audiences. DL darling Rona Barrett was vehemently against it and suggested Lee J Cobb instead. Then Brando auditioned for the role with cotton in his mouth to look jowly, everyone knows that story.

The Godfather revived Brando's career, yes (he was only in his late 40s), then he threw it all away.

by Anonymousreply 97November 4, 2021 2:47 PM

R65 Quincy just kept quiet about himself.

by Anonymousreply 98November 4, 2021 7:09 PM

R85 Wasn't there a story that Quincy offered sex to Tupac while Tupac was his daughter's fiance.

by Anonymousreply 99November 4, 2021 7:11 PM

Young Quincy was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 4, 2021 7:21 PM

Never heard or thought about Pryor being gay. (kind of gross to think about actually.)

I hadn't heard about it either until I read about it in a Datalounge thread about 10 years ago. He’s talked openly about his experiences. He grew up in a brothel, his mother was a prostitute, his father was a pimp and his grandmother was the madam.

[quote]“I sucked one dick,” he said from the stage, drawing his audience back into a scene from his red-light district childhood. “Back in 1952. Sucked Wilbur Harp’s dick. It was beautiful, but I couldn’t deal with it. Had to leave it alone.” The crowd roared. “It was beautiful because Wilbur has the best booty in the world. Now I’m saying booty to be nice. I’m talking about ass-hole. Wilbur had some good ass-hole. And Wilbur would give it up so good and put his thighs against your waist. That would make you come quick.” With that confession, Pryor became perhaps the first major Hollywood celebrity to talk graphically about his own positive experience of gay sex – and certainly the first to do so in front of tens of thousands of people.

[quote]Pryor then spoke of the romance it kindled in him: “I was the only motherfucker that took Wilbur roses. Everybody else was bullshitting. I took Wilbur [the roses] and said, ‘Here, dear.’” Again the crowd hooted in delighted disbelief.

For anyone who reads the rest of the article, he was angry during this set and vented on stage about what was going on backstage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 4, 2021 9:27 PM

I really hope some writer is documenting Quincy's stories before he goes.

by Anonymousreply 102November 5, 2021 1:43 AM

There’s a story that Michael, Liz and Brando were stuck in NY on 9/11, so took a cross country trip back to LA together.

by Anonymousreply 103November 5, 2021 2:41 AM

I heard that, too, though cannot imagine either MJ or Liz being able to drive a car -- and could Brando's gut squeeze in front of a steering wheel?

by Anonymousreply 104November 5, 2021 10:19 AM

Brando had a dedicated abortionist available to take care of 'accidents' when he was a young star in the 50s.

by Anonymousreply 105November 5, 2021 10:27 AM

R100 Quincy looks about 75% Caucasian. That's why his daughter looks entirely white. The actress daughter, what's her name.

by Anonymousreply 106November 5, 2021 10:33 AM

He looks 95% Black to me, R106.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 5, 2021 12:08 PM

^ No he doesn't, r106. Genetics is random like that. Both Quincy's parents were black. He has two daughters with Peggy Lipton: Kidada and Rashida. Rashida is the one who looks and sounds white and has an all-white circle. Kidada, otoh, is darker-skinned, embraces only her black side and speaks with a blaccent. Kidada dated a bunch of rappers and hip-hop stars, including LL Cool J. She was Tupac Shakur's fiancée when he got shot and was with him at the hospital when he died .

Rashida says that when Peggy used to drive them to school, Kidada would get off the car some way off, then walk in herself so people wouldn't know her mom is white. Kids at their school didn't even know Kidada and Rashida were sisters and they've pretty much stuck to different sides of the track all their lives.

But my question to you is: in what universe does the man in the linked picture look "75% Caucasian" to you? What a bunch of nonsense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 5, 2021 12:08 PM

R106. He looks wholly Black! Black people come in all colors with various hair textures and features!

His parents are Black. He is a Black man.

Quincy's daughter is actress Rashida Jones.

Quincy has a White paternal grandfather and a White maternal great-grand father.

But Rashida looks White because her mother was White actress Peggy Lipton.

by Anonymousreply 109November 5, 2021 12:10 PM

R108, brush up on your reading comprehension. This is not an argument. I said - "He looks 95% Black to ME" It's my opinion, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 110November 5, 2021 12:17 PM

Quincy has been in conflict with MJ's estate for a while. No wonder he was so quick to drag MJ in the interviews.

by Anonymousreply 111November 5, 2021 12:18 PM

No, you get your eyes checked r107/r110. I was referencing r106, not you.

by Anonymousreply 112November 5, 2021 12:19 PM

I bet they fell out over more than just money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 5, 2021 12:21 PM

Marlon Brando's life was COMPLICATED because he like PUSSY and COCK.

by Anonymousreply 114November 5, 2021 12:29 PM

Quincy is Black. His parents are and he was raised in Black culture. Just like Smokey Robinson, Prince, Vanessa Williams, Tina Knowles, John Legend, etc he is light-skinned. Don't you guys know the history of African Americans? All Black people on the side of Atlantic are mixed due to rape or miscegenation. Quincy is Black in The US as he is Black in Haiti, Jamaica, Grenada, Dominica, Virgin Islands and Barbados. The only place he would not be is in Latin America, Africa or Europe where they categorize more on skin tone, hair texture and racial mixture. In The US, mixed (black, white, native) people were classified as Black so they mixed with darker unmixed people and voila you got modern African Americans.

by Anonymousreply 115November 5, 2021 1:11 PM

R108 Obviously his real father was white. His mother was half black. Thus making him 75% Caucasian. He never struck me as black. Ever. His white daughter is proof he is white.

by Anonymousreply 116November 5, 2021 1:23 PM

Prince was like 90% Caucasian. Just because he had a fro doesn't automatically make him black. Americans love to lie about their parentage. Having a great grandpa who was black does not make you black.

by Anonymousreply 117November 5, 2021 1:27 PM

But what about Brando?

by Anonymousreply 118November 5, 2021 2:03 PM

I find it interesting when people get argumentative about race percentages when race is totally irrelevant to the human experience.

No "race" has a leg up or a disadvantage on anything.

Race is a man-made concept and it means absolutely nothing. It is mostly used nowadays to divide people.

What matters for human beings is each individual's "specific" genetic makeup and their own experiences (which includes what they are exposed to, their environment and the circumstances of their life).

Nature and Nurture are key.

Race is just some old Bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 119November 5, 2021 6:30 PM

R119 - "if I keep saying it, it will become true!"

by Anonymousreply 120November 5, 2021 7:37 PM

R120 you are delusional. I would blame your parents, but you're grown. Time to be accountable for yourself -- and EDUCATE yourself!

by Anonymousreply 121November 5, 2021 9:01 PM

R119 is 90% cunt. 10% moron.

by Anonymousreply 122November 5, 2021 10:05 PM

R122 is 100% Asshole!

Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 123November 6, 2021 7:42 AM

Were all Richard Pryor's wives white?

I know at least two of them were.

by Anonymousreply 124November 7, 2021 4:55 PM

For a few years, Marlon was basically the perfect male specimen. Vulnerable and boyish but with a body that appeared made for fucking. I suspect drugs and booze took their toll on him before long as well as all the ice cream. That couldn't have helped.

by Anonymousreply 125November 7, 2021 5:40 PM

He became a serious binge eater. An addictive personality for sure.

by Anonymousreply 126November 7, 2021 8:10 PM

Male hearthrobs in the olden days epitomize the words "starving artist" because apparently as soon as fuckers like Brando, Sinatra, Orson Welles, and Elvis blew up, they found food and really blew up!

by Anonymousreply 127November 8, 2021 7:30 AM

Sinatra’s face actually looked better when he put on weight. He was mondo fug in his youth.

by Anonymousreply 128November 8, 2021 1:04 PM

Sinatra never was the most handsome man. Other than his amazing voice, people liked him because of his energetic blue eyes and that twinkie body and big stick. When that middle age spread hit, he got considerably less appealing.

I don't think the weight did him any favors.

Ignore the Mickey Mouse voices but listen to Dorothy talk about Sinatra's weight gain below at: 8:56

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 8, 2021 1:53 PM

It was only the voice, R129. If Sinatra didn't sing, he would have been a waiter in Hoboken.

by Anonymousreply 130November 8, 2021 2:47 PM

The fame went to his head.

by Anonymousreply 131November 8, 2021 3:12 PM

Kidada Jones isn't much darker than her sister, but it's just enough to make her read black to most people. As opposed to Rashida, who is just light enough to read as a white girl with a tan or maybe Latina. Genetics are funny things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132November 8, 2021 3:13 PM

R132 They both look Black to me, but I grew up around a lot of biracial kids. I think it is the lighting in that picture because Kidada is considerably darker (look at their arms) and in my opinion much prettier than Rashida.

Kidada reads more black because her features are more like her father's. Rashida looks more like her mother with lighter eyes a more pointed nose and less full lips. They look night and day. They're both very pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133November 8, 2021 3:46 PM

R133, wow, are you so wrong about Kidada Jones' features, she looks more like Peggy Lipton than her father Quincy Jones.

Skin tone aside, Kidada looks so much like Peggy. Especially the nose and eye area and even the shape of the face is the same.

Get glasses!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 9, 2021 3:02 PM

Another photo. Even their body shape is the same.

R.I.P. Peggy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135November 9, 2021 3:04 PM

Rashida and Kidada look like a blend of both of their parents. Kidada does look more like Peggy but she has a darker complexion and Kidada associates more with Black culture as was dating Tupac and friends with Aaliyah. Rashida has Quincy's eyes and Cheshire cat smile.

by Anonymousreply 136November 9, 2021 3:18 PM

Maybe Marlon and Wally had a relationship similar to Affleck and Damon.

by Anonymousreply 137November 9, 2021 4:22 PM

Romantic friendships do get mistaken for gay relationships. Marlon was misogynistic, so it would make sense he would only show love to other men.

by Anonymousreply 138November 9, 2021 4:24 PM

R138, misogynistic straight men are usually doubly homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 139November 9, 2021 5:13 PM

Did you ever notice that most of the time girl children look like their father and boys look like there mother?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 9, 2021 5:14 PM

[quote]r92 What's up with his (living) children?

I worked with one of his teenage daughters briefly in the 80s. I think her name was Mai or Mya or Mia. Anyway, she was a doll.

by Anonymousreply 141November 9, 2021 5:28 PM

^^ sorry, just looked it up. Her brother was named Miko. Apparently I don’t remember what HER name was : (

by Anonymousreply 142November 9, 2021 5:31 PM

Did he sexually abuse one of the daughters?

by Anonymousreply 143November 9, 2021 5:31 PM

R138

From Wikipedia:

Brando's close friendship with Wally Cox was the subject of rumors. Brando told a journalist: "If Wally had been a woman, I would have married him and we would have lived happily ever after."

by Anonymousreply 144November 9, 2021 5:37 PM

I can believe Marlon had sex with James Baldwin had sex since they were close friends and roommates at one point, but the jury is still out for Richard Pryor and Marvin Gaye. I can’t find any photos of Marlon with them. Then again, why would Quincy make up something like that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 9, 2021 5:39 PM

I’m just curious about who Marlon’s male lovers were if his best friend and roommate Wally Cox wasn’t one of them.

by Anonymousreply 146November 9, 2021 5:39 PM

Like a lot of high achievers, he was a person of tremendous gifts who had abusive and troubled parents who told him he would never amount to anything. He became a striver to spite his parents, and his gifts and hard work carried him to the top of his profession; but the fame went to his head, and he started insisting that his directors and producers and co-stars and lovers spoil him the way he had never been spoiled as a child, to make up for it.

He was so sexually magnetic that the way he dressed both as Stanley Kowalski in "A Streetcar named Desire" and Johnny in "The Wild One" (the two films where he was at his absolute hottest) pretty much transformed the gay male aesthetic for decades to come.

by Anonymousreply 147November 9, 2021 6:07 PM

Why is no one impressed that four decades ago I worked with Brando’s teen daughter, who I can’t remember the name of?

Jeez!

by Anonymousreply 148November 9, 2021 6:21 PM

What kind of work did you do, r148?

by Anonymousreply 149November 10, 2021 12:00 AM

He and Harry Belafonte looked great together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 10, 2021 9:33 AM

Harry Belafonte was beautiful back in the day. I bet Marlon tried to hit it.

by Anonymousreply 151November 10, 2021 12:20 PM

[quote]R149 What kind of work did you do?

I was on the lowest rungs of the wardrobe department of a film. Brando’s young daughter was, too.

(sniffs)

Nobody cares!

by Anonymousreply 152November 10, 2021 1:56 PM

Allegedly Farley Granger tried to as well r151. He was soundly rejected.

by Anonymousreply 153November 10, 2021 3:30 PM

R153 In his memoir Harry actually said Farley was generous but didn’t make any passes at him when they lived together.

by Anonymousreply 154November 10, 2021 4:59 PM

Harry was straight by all accounts. It's hot to think Brando and Granger both liked dark meat.

by Anonymousreply 155November 10, 2021 5:18 PM

R155 “Harry was straight by all accounts”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 10, 2021 5:47 PM

Hmmm, I wonder if Harry just didn’t want to publicize that tidbit about Granger myself…

by Anonymousreply 157November 10, 2021 7:07 PM

Oh fuck! we don't need to talk about Old Butterfingers ever again.

by Anonymousreply 158November 10, 2021 7:26 PM

R147 So Brando is viewed as an icon in the gay community? I thought he was worshipped by heterosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 159November 18, 2021 5:23 PM

OMG, there is nothing complicated about him or his love life you retarded cunts! He was a fucked up bi coward with NPD, and being a celebrity made him more of a fucked up cunt. It's extremely simple!

by Anonymousreply 160November 18, 2021 5:39 PM

He fucked with Rita Moreno’s head badly.

by Anonymousreply 161November 18, 2021 6:25 PM

R160 How would you like it if someone said all gay men were fucked in the head?

by Anonymousreply 162November 18, 2021 6:54 PM

R162 fuck off our gay website bi cunt. It's a known fact and documented in studies of just how fucked up bisexual men are. Anyone who has ever experienced bisexual men and are honest, know exactly how fucked up every one of them are. Now get the fuck off our gay website you BTQ+ cunt.

by Anonymousreply 163November 18, 2021 7:03 PM

Is Marlon a gay icon or bisexual icon? Genuinely curious.

by Anonymousreply 164November 18, 2021 7:05 PM

R164 bisexual cunt. He is only an icon to fucking dumb females and other narcissistic bi men. Gay men who have Stockholm Syndrome for bi cunts also think he is an icon. The guy was a legit fucking bi trainwreck like all bi cunts, especially celebrity bi cunts.

by Anonymousreply 165November 18, 2021 7:09 PM

CLOSE THIS THREAD

by Anonymousreply 166November 19, 2021 12:23 AM

Brando did Yellowface in this awful fiasco and then went insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 21, 2021 10:32 AM

Disgusting Cultural Appropriation and Literal Violence just eight years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 21, 2021 10:36 AM

He was ahead of his times in many ways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 21, 2021 11:25 AM

I forgot about that yellowface film. That was pretty disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 170November 21, 2021 11:38 AM

R165 Lies. Gay men love Marlon Brando.

by Anonymousreply 171November 21, 2021 1:31 PM

R171 Righto!

Nobody appreciates a beautiful man more than gay men do. Hetero-identified men tend to be jealous or are frustrated by their unrequited sexual tension. Women (especially nowadays) tend to want a hot man to emasculate and control him.

Gay men love a good looking man (especially on DL) and often overlook many of his other flaws.

by Anonymousreply 172November 21, 2021 3:39 PM

I'm totally gay, 43, and of all people I can think of, Marlon Brando is the most sexually magnetic and (younger) Marlon would be my number-one fantasy bang. Who else he had sex with is irrelevant. He was just beautiful and had more of "it" than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 173November 21, 2021 3:56 PM

Gays loved Brando. The Wild One seemed to influence the leather masc subculture. Brando, Rock Hudson, Monty Clift, James Dean, Sal Mineo, Tab Hunter and Paul Newman are all popular with gays. A lot of us would want to be as sexy and masculine as them and get as much dick as they did.

by Anonymousreply 174November 21, 2021 4:21 PM

R170, R168 Disgusting and sinful. The former sex-symbol was already turning his brain into a garbage can of craziness and his body into a garbage can of Orson-Welles-whale-fat.

by Anonymousreply 175November 21, 2021 5:45 PM

[quote] Did Marlon have a sexual relationship with French actor Christian Marquand, whom he named his son after?

Do we have an answer to this question?

by Anonymousreply 176December 1, 2021 10:02 PM

R168 He looks like a total asshole in that clip. It irritates me when people blame the "time period." These fuckers have always known that shit was wrong but they did it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 177December 2, 2021 3:10 PM

[quote] These fuckers have always known that shit was wrong

Yes, the Bible told them 'that shit was wrong' in 1957.

by Anonymousreply 178December 2, 2021 6:57 PM

Blackface was unacceptable by that point. So they knew damn well yellowface and redface was wrong. They just didn't care. The major reason was Native Americans and Asian Americans lacked a strong advocacy group then. Unlike Black Americans who had the NAACP who pushed to put a stop to the racist nonsense. Hollywood studios were too lazy and racist to seek Asian male actors especially thanks to the Red Scare. Asian actresses were fine as they would be the demure China dolls for the white savior lead to rescue. It's funny Pre-Code Hollywood had an Asian leading man. The handsome Sessue Hayakawa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 2, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote] It's funny Pre-Code Hollywood had an Asian leading man. The handsome Sessue Hayakawa.

It's not funny. Those Pre-Code Hayakawa films were awful.

by Anonymousreply 180December 2, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote] Hollywood studios were too lazy and racist to seek Asian male actors especially thanks to the Red Scare

'The Red Scare'? I think you're clutching at straws there. Have you ever spoken to a Hollywood producer?

by Anonymousreply 181December 2, 2021 7:33 PM

R125- I never found his looks appealing.

by Anonymousreply 182December 2, 2021 7:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!