Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who exactly did Joss Whedon sleep with on the set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

His ex-wife alleged he had affairs, including "emotional" ones, with cast members. I was a huge fan of his show back in the day, and still watch it from time to time. I'm guessing for some reason Amber Benson - he seemed awfully chummy with her during the making of the famous musical episode.

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2023 8:41 AM

You rang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 31, 2021 6:28 PM

I don't think Amber is his type. Also had no idea she dated James for a time. I think the ones from Buffy are Alyson and Eliza (who was only 17)🤢. The others are Amy and Summer from Angel.

by Anonymousreply 2November 2, 2021 7:32 AM

I had no idea she dated him either, although I saw the movie she did with him. Thank you for this very interesting information. He was a busy boy.

by Anonymousreply 3November 2, 2021 6:31 PM

Nicholas Brendon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 2, 2021 6:59 PM

R3 he really was.

by Anonymousreply 5November 2, 2021 11:39 PM

Er, that's a photo of Jesse Bradford.

by Anonymousreply 6November 3, 2021 1:57 AM

R2 If it was Eliza Dushku, I'm surprised she didn't say anything about it when she posted in support of Charisma Carpenter. She talked a bunch about the harassment she dealt with on the Bull set, and got a 9 million dollar settlement, so it's not like she has to worry about burning bridges or has always stayed silent about things. Plus she worked with Whedon again after Buffy on Dollhouse.

by Anonymousreply 7November 3, 2021 2:22 AM

R7 I know, and it's not like there's any solid evidence. I'm more curious about what Joss did to Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 8November 3, 2021 6:14 AM

If Eliza slept with Joss to advance her career, she'd be stupid to talk about it after the Bull settlement. That would make her look like a giant hypocrite. Maybe that's not fair: If you choose to fuck for roles that doesn't mean you have to fuck everyone in the business. But the press would have crucified her.

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2022 3:07 AM

Wtf, r1?? Is that David Boreanaz (Angel)?

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2022 5:07 AM

Really, Amy Acker?

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2022 5:17 AM

R9 give me a break. She was 17 and Joss should not have taken advantage of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2022 7:28 AM

Is he really bi? Remember hearing something about that, but can't really see it. None of his male actors had prominent roles like the 90 pound female actresses he hired.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2022 7:55 AM

R9 Eliza is way too talented to have to trade sex for roles, I don't think that would have happened.

I doubt it's any of the main characters, probably one-off or recurring characters like Amy.

So disappointed that David Boreanaz turned out to have a very average cock, R10 - always thought he'd be packing. I've seen him in real life too.

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2022 9:30 AM

NDAs, folks.

plus it makes future investors skittish and negatively impacts your ability to be insured -- which isn't hollywood bs but more like a point system that impacts any investment or insurance plan.

But like the metoos, all this would have been more relevant decades ago. . . because it's not like they were ringing the bells out there to protect anyone else. And there's the evidence that some of them still redirected others his way and aware of his continued work in the industry.

Let alone addressing their own ups and downs.

So, don't expect that go to court.

of the rumour mill, Michelle Trachtenberg is quick to alert anyone who will listen how he wasn't allowed to be alone with her (though that was common even back then) but she, like the others, remain vague and allow other people to guess as to the particulars.

It's also disturbing how many cosign on this (not just cast) now about difficulties and remain absurdly vague about it all. . . it's smart to get front of allegations but if true, then I'd be inclined to believe that many, even those backing the allegations now, were complicit in it as well. And can't help but think this sounds more like revenge for some soured careers.

I've been no fan of Whedon's politics and antics.

But none of them look particularly clean here.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2022 10:42 AM

Nah. I don't see Whedon sleeping with a 17-year-old. I mean...that would be career suicide. He's a pig BUT not a stupid one.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2022 11:03 AM

Akers and Glau. He has a thing for underweight, sanpaku eyed brunettes.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2022 11:14 AM

[Quote] Eliza is way too talented to have to trade sex for roles, I don't think that would have happened.

I like Eliza but her acting isn't that great. And it really showed in Dollhouse.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2022 12:48 PM

I don't think Eliza fucked him to get the part of Faith when she was 17. I do think she fucked him to get the part of Echo when she was pushing 30.

by Anonymousreply 19January 18, 2022 1:40 PM

The actors who didn't say anything were just keeping to the standard business code that you don't badmouth your former employers. Even now, and even if you have good reason, talking shit about your shitty former boss or the shitty company you used to work for gets YOU tagged as a troublemaker, especially during the hiring process. Actors are always in the middle of another hiring process. I totally understand why they said nothing.

by Anonymousreply 20January 18, 2022 1:41 PM

[Quote] I do think she fucked him to get the part of Echo when she was pushing 30

Dollhouse was part of a deal she had with Fox. She was supposed to do a Faith spin-off with Spike but chose to do Tru Calling instead.

by Anonymousreply 21January 18, 2022 1:47 PM

The problem is that badmouthing a past project, co-star, or director you worked with is great for entertainment news, but bad for one's own career because nobody likes a tattle tale (and that's what Hollywood considers you when you dare to bring up bad, criminal and unprofessional behavior on film and TV sets). Men, and it's still men who run Hollywood, don't like having to keep their ego in check.

by Anonymousreply 22January 18, 2022 1:49 PM

Eliza should have done the Faith spin-off. She and Marsters had nice chemistry. I bet they could have easily squeezed 5-6 seasons out of that scenario.

by Anonymousreply 23January 18, 2022 1:49 PM

"Sleep with"? What is this, a soap opera? Such a frau-ish euphemism for FUCKING.

by Anonymousreply 24January 18, 2022 6:43 PM

R17 - you are correct about his type/preference. I know someone in the industry in LA who was (is) exactly that type, was young (but over 18, I believe), and still a virgin. He pursued her via offering her opportunities to work with him on his projects, and then once they were in proximity daily, went in for it. They had a secret affair for months until he relocated to England to work on some project. Then he ghosted her and tried to gaslight her about the whole situation.

by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2022 7:01 PM

Amy Acker without a doubt.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2022 7:09 PM

What about the rando he plucked from a crowd scene in The Avengers to star as Hero in Much Ado About Nothing? She was never heard from again and fits his type to a T.

by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2022 7:12 PM

R27 most likely.

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2022 7:13 PM

R14 Plenty of far more talented people have fucked for roles.

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2022 8:05 PM

Amy Acker

Eliza Dushku (she loves rich, powerful, older men, google her current husband)

Summer Glau

Jillian Morgese, that waitress that he put in Avengers and then in his Much Ado About Nothing film

He has a type and they all fit. Alyson wasn't his type but she was the plain girl-next-door who would have befriended him in his incel high school days. That's why she's loyal, he never tried anything with her. Not pretty enough, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2022 8:38 PM

From Jillian Morgese's Wikipedia page:

"Morgese, an alumna of the Fashion Institute of Technology who had determined to pursue an acting career, was singled out by Whedon as she was performing as an extra, a waitress reacting in fear and horror, then fleeing the scene, in The Avengers.[3] Whedon refers to Morgese as having 'a quality which is undeniable'."

I'll bet she did. ;)

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2022 8:48 PM

He thought Acker should have been nominated for an Oscar for MAAN. He was smitten and delusional.

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2022 9:27 PM

[quote]So disappointed that David Boreanaz turned out to have a very average cock, [R10] - always thought he'd be packing. I've seen him in real life too.

I really did not need, or WANT, to see all his business like that. I like being able to return to my favorite shows as a kid sans sullied imagery of the performers involved.

Why doesn't the "link preview" feature on this website stay off when you turn it off after logging out? Seriously, man. I unchecked it for a reason.😑

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2022 9:27 PM

Isn't there a director's commentary for one of the Angel episodes where he talks about how beautiful Amy looks in a particular scene? He was obviously one smitten kitten.

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2022 1:16 AM

[Quote] Eliza should have done the Faith spin-off. She and Marsters had nice chemistry. I bet they could have easily squeezed 5-6 seasons out of that scenario.

In retrospect, it's probably a good the spin-off didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2022 4:49 AM

It was getting harder even at that point for Marsters to pull off the ageless Spike, but they could always have made him human or something.

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2022 2:55 PM

[quote]He has a type and they all fit. Alyson wasn't his type but she was the plain girl-next-door who would have befriended him in his incel high school days. That's why she's loyal, he never tried anything with her

Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2022 2:03 PM

Buffy sounded like the most dark, toxic TV set ! Joss is a predator and SMG comes across as cold

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2023 10:07 PM

[quote]Is he really bi? Remember hearing something about that, but can't really see it.

Definitely not.

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2023 10:57 PM

I wish Glory had a better career. She was my favorite big bad.

by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2023 11:05 PM

Eliza is solid in very specific types of roles, but she's not that good an actress. She was not very good on Bull.

She needed to stick to genre shows, like Buffy, Firefly, or things like The Expanse.

by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2023 11:34 PM

[Quote] Buffy sounded like the most dark, toxic TV set ! Joss is a predator and SMG comes across as cold

I don't know about the most toxic but you can't really blame SMG for keeping to herself. I do find it funny who she went on to work with for Wolf Pack.

[Quote] Eliza is solid in very specific types of roles, but she's not that good an actress. She was not very good on Bull.

She wasn't great in Dollhouse either. Everyone else outshined her.

[Quote] I wish Glory had a better career. She was my favorite big bad.

Clare was fun in Bring It On.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2023 8:41 AM

[Quote] Buffy sounded like the most dark, toxic TV set ! Joss is a predator and SMG comes across as cold

I don't know about the most toxic but you can't really blame SMG for keeping to herself. I do find it funny who she went on to work with for Wolf Pack.

[Quote] Eliza is solid in very specific types of roles, but she's not that good an actress. She was not very good on Bull.

She wasn't great in Dollhouse either. Everyone else outshined her.

[Quote] I wish Glory had a better career. She was my favorite big bad.

Clare was fun in Bring It On.

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2023 8:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!