Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart is perfect to have on while you do other things

What do you think of the Nutley, New Jersey-raised Lifestyle Doyenne?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 25, 2022 7:23 PM

[quote] Martha Stewart is perfect to have on while you do other things

And that’s a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2021 4:13 AM

Loved her Christmas special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2021 4:14 AM

Her unyielding eye contact freestyling about food from 8:40-9:10 is an intense side of Martha that doesn't exist anymore

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2021 4:15 AM

She's way more laid back since she went to jail and started smoking weed with Snoop

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2021 4:16 AM

She's my touchstone.

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2021 4:17 AM

Her HGTV show was hilarious, and also had a beautiful, fuckable gardener.

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2021 4:19 AM

Martha's first time on David Letterman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2021 4:40 AM

Martha comes across much more likeable than Matt Lauer in this interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2021 1:04 PM

indeed she does

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2021 1:06 PM

I met her once after a performance of her nephew, very polite and has a HUGE face. people with big faces look good on camera

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2021 1:07 PM

Patsy, Patsy Stone and I, think she's fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2021 3:10 PM

Matt Lauer has that same douchey interviewing style at R8 that Bryant Gumbel did before him on the Today Show

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2021 7:02 PM

Martha was as she is - Real Simple

by Anonymousreply 13October 30, 2021 11:46 AM

She and Snoop have a Halloween 🎃 special on some channel

by Anonymousreply 14October 30, 2021 11:53 AM

I love her but from afar. I dont know if she is someone who would be fun to hang out with.

My mom’s dentist grew up on the same street in Nutley and was friends with Martha’s brothers. He said the dad was a real taskmaster and those kids were worked to the bone as kids

by Anonymousreply 15October 30, 2021 12:05 PM

Is MS still banned from traveling to Europe and elsewhere due to her convicted (felon?) status?

Bet Ms. Stewart was ticked off Trump pardoned every low life white collar criminal but herself.....

by Anonymousreply 16October 30, 2021 12:12 PM

Not sure if true or how it would work, but heard all of Martha Stewart's homes are owned by LLCs and she writes much of the costs off because she uses them for various business purposes such as filming shows.

Ms. Stewart owns the former Ford estate in Maine, Skylands. She got the place virtually with tons of things left by the Ford family and subsequent owner the place before herself. This includes china, linens, etc..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 30, 2021 12:17 PM

[quote]She and Snoop have a Halloween 🎃 special on some channel

Peacock. And it's not very good.

by Anonymousreply 18October 30, 2021 12:22 PM

R8- I always thought that Matt Lauer was a DICK. He was so full of himself on the Today Show and now he's been fired. He owned a $40 million house in the Hamptons. He was exactly frugal with his money. He had to sell the house. I guess that DICK is not living so HIGH ON THE HOG now.

by Anonymousreply 19October 30, 2021 12:56 PM

Matt Lauer was horrible to Christie Brinkley in an interview. She came on to talk about her appearance on Broadway...and he grilled her about her divorce from Peter Cook and how maybe it was her fault. She kept defending herself, almost in tears. He was so brutal and obnoxious and wouldn't let up. This happened many years ago, obviously. He got what he deserved. Martha Stewart is ok...like her lifestyle and she's interesting. As a person, I'm not sure I always like her.

by Anonymousreply 20October 30, 2021 1:44 PM

[quote]Martha Stewart is perfect to have on while you do other things

Personally, I find her to be a bit of a tight fit.

by Anonymousreply 21October 30, 2021 1:45 PM

She a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 22October 30, 2021 1:55 PM

Her tongue works wonders

by Anonymousreply 23October 30, 2021 6:42 PM

Ew...^^

by Anonymousreply 24October 30, 2021 7:42 PM

R24, it's a [italic]good[/italic] thing.

by Anonymousreply 25October 30, 2021 7:45 PM

((~))

by Anonymousreply 26October 30, 2021 7:46 PM

I've met her three times due to work. She's exactly as she appears on camera. There are no pretenses or airs about Martha at all. She is literally the same in person. You get what you get - she is what she is.

by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2021 7:51 PM

R19 Agreed. Such a dick. He so oozed dickishness that it was not at all surprising that he sexually harassed his staff. And yet his network gave him a lucrative career for at least a decade. And it wasn't even Fox. That says all you need to know about the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 28October 30, 2021 7:53 PM

It's hard to watch a Matt Lauer interview now without crumbling under the combined weight of the hypocrisy and irony. It's like deadlifting John Baron.

by Anonymousreply 29October 30, 2021 7:59 PM

She had a deal with 1-800-FLOWERS awhile ago and her stuff was always better quality than what you would normally get from flower delivery. She included her own designed vases which were durable and the packaging was always fussy and high quality.

by Anonymousreply 30October 30, 2021 8:32 PM

I just love her farm house. What a refuge and in New Jersey of all places. I was told, via TV, they NJ was a dump and someplace someone would want to live when NYC is next door. Guys those stuck up bitches were wrong.

by Anonymousreply 31October 30, 2021 8:46 PM

I think her farmhouse is in Bedford, NY. Maybe she has another farm in New Jersey?

by Anonymousreply 32October 30, 2021 8:57 PM

She does have a place in Bedford

by Anonymousreply 33October 30, 2021 10:29 PM

BITCH

by Anonymousreply 34October 30, 2021 11:03 PM

Jay got his Newport digs with all of the tchotchkes thrown in, r17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 30, 2021 11:26 PM

Martha is fine when she's heavily scripted. But as we saw when she had her little chat show she's a complete disaster trying to ad-lib and be herself.

by Anonymousreply 36October 30, 2021 11:35 PM

Sorry, I find her creepy. Her voice and her smile are as natural as Red Dye #2.

by Anonymousreply 37October 31, 2021 12:22 AM

R30- The same thing could be said for Kmart. When they sold the Martha Everyday line of products it was better quality than what you would normally get from Kmart. I still have and use my Martha Stewart cotton blanket I bought at Kmart ca. 2010.

by Anonymousreply 38October 31, 2021 12:30 AM

I always remember her motto for hard times: I just want to keep tossing my salad.

by Anonymousreply 39October 31, 2021 12:40 AM

I don’t mind her. Re her Kmart line, I remember reading she didn’t like that Kmart required her patio sets have a swivel patio chair. She thought they were ugly or something, but still she did one, every season. Martha just gets it done .

by Anonymousreply 40October 31, 2021 12:42 AM

chic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 31, 2021 12:53 AM

I have family who grew up in Nutley, too, R15. What street?

Martha's mom was my cousin's schoolteacher. Kindergarten, I think.

by Anonymousreply 42October 31, 2021 1:00 AM

commuting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 31, 2021 1:06 AM

[quote]I think her farmhouse is in Bedford, NY. Maybe she has another farm in New Jersey?

Her Jersey connection is that she grew up in Nutley.

by Anonymousreply 44October 31, 2021 1:15 AM

[quote] Re her Kmart line, I remember reading she didn’t like that Kmart required her patio sets have a swivel patio chair. She thought they were ugly or something, but still she did one, every season. Martha just gets it done .

IMO, not very admirable to sell something you think is ugly, every season.

by Anonymousreply 45October 31, 2021 1:17 AM

R42, I’m not sure which street. This is my mom’s dentist who told her he grew up in Nutley down the street from Martha’s family (the Kostryas I think is their name?). I’ve never met this dentist, it’s secondhand gossip from my mom. Just thought the bit about Martha’s dad being a strict taskmaster was interesting

by Anonymousreply 46October 31, 2021 1:18 AM

I think she’s a great big polock with big feet and a bigger chip on her shoulder. And she runs chicks over with her car, so there’s that.

Nutley used to be some sort of suburban nirvana for NJ social climbers. My ruthless, nasty aunt, who wanted to be seen as a worthy, drove my uncle (my dads brother) 24/7 until they could buy a house in nutley. She also drove her kids into alcoholism and as far from her as they could get — straight to California!

by Anonymousreply 47October 31, 2021 1:19 AM

^ I should add this was when my mom lived in Virginia, we have never lived in Nutley, NJ (although I love NJ and think Jersey people are the best)

by Anonymousreply 48October 31, 2021 1:20 AM

I bought her first book “Entertaining” at a thrift store for I think a dollar. And I have to say, I love that on page 1 chapter 1 she says “I’m polish and grew up working class in NJ.” She never tried to pretend she was Wendy WASP from Greenwich, which is something I always admired about her

by Anonymousreply 49October 31, 2021 1:25 AM

It was smart of Martha to do a deal with K-Mart. The way to get mega rich is by selling goods to the unwashed masses. They love to spend their money on aspirational lifestyle products and services.

by Anonymousreply 50October 31, 2021 1:35 AM

Her intensity in the beginning was literally awesome. We would get high and marvel at her over the top approach to everything. It’s what made me love her, the insanity of it all. I applauded her synergetic ability to take her semi-faux lifestyle and monetize it. I applauded that she manned up and served time (because she’s a woman-no doubt). I don’t begrudge her any of her success. But frankly, her 15 minutes are up. NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 51October 31, 2021 1:54 AM

A sporty look for our young American Miss...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 31, 2021 2:17 AM

"Hey baby....you dating?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 31, 2021 2:55 AM

I thought Nutley, NJ was all or largely Italians...

by Anonymousreply 54October 31, 2021 2:57 AM

More about Skylands, Seal Harbor, Maine, etc...

Ms. Stewart's next door neighbors so to speak are the Rockefeller family who have been summering in Maine for over 100 years.

There is a bit of gossip, and don't know if it is true or not, that goes when new to area one day Ms. Stewart went into "town" to get a bit of shopping done. At whatever local store there was a line and Martha Stewart being, well Martha Stewart wanted to jump the queue. She pushed ahead of some "older man" who protested. MS shot back "do you know who I am?" To which the gentleman replied "Do you know who *I* am?" Man in question was none other than David Rockefeller. MS put down her things and left...

Apparently Ms. Stewart and Rockefeller family patched things up because she hosted a party David Rockefeller's 100th birthday at Skylands.

Maine of course long has been where less ostentatious (but still often quite wealthy) WASPs spent their summers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 31, 2021 3:10 AM

Back in 2018 estate of David Rockefeller sold his Maine "house" for $19 million USD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 31, 2021 3:12 AM

Martha puts a Christmas tree in every room of her Bedford estate. I can't help but stan.

by Anonymousreply 57October 31, 2021 3:25 AM

Laundry room at Skylands.

Some of this equipment is original to the house when Ford family lived there, rest obviously is of more modern vintage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 31, 2021 3:57 AM

She was showing the TV audience around Skylands and she was totally plotzing over the linen storage system.

by Anonymousreply 59October 31, 2021 4:00 AM

That storage system IIRC was put in by the Ford family and was common to homes of wealthy at that time.

Besides standard linen press with drawers and shelves for storing folded napkins, placemats, etc.. there are also rows of wooden dowels (bars) where freshly laundered and ironing large linens like tablecloths or even small things like towels.. anything you don't want folded are placed.

Unlike in Europe, American households of the wealthy long preferred tablecloths totally creaseless. Or if that cannot be managed just one center crease/fold. Obviously you cannot store large tablecloths this way, so things are folded, then creases are ironed out before use. Far easier to simply roll tablecloths or whatever onto a dowel or paper roll as it is ironed then store.

Say "simple" but it isn't really. Once commonly found the few French hand laundries that still exist and offer "return on roller" charge an eff ton of money.

by Anonymousreply 60October 31, 2021 4:14 AM

Link showing Skylands linen storage...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61October 31, 2021 4:15 AM

I prefer that other high riding bitch from Maine....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 31, 2021 4:22 AM

Ever watch "Whatever, Martha!" with her daughter, Alexis and her friend watching segments from Martha's 90s daily show? They watch and talk shit on Martha as she does her thing. I found it entertaining. Here's an episode....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 31, 2021 4:41 AM

Again, vintage linens, silver, china, etc.. MS got Skylands full of the stuff from both Ford and Leede families.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 31, 2021 4:43 AM

R64) I can’t believe she hasn’t knocked this stuff off and rebranded for the masses. Is there an Edsel Recliner available on Wayfair yet? What about Clara Ford Everyday at Macy’s?

by Anonymousreply 65October 31, 2021 4:49 AM

"Big black buck..." I ought to call the NAACP and turn your name in; that's a racist comment if ever I heard one.

by Anonymousreply 66October 31, 2021 4:50 AM

R66

Posted in wrong thread. Disregard and carry on....

by Anonymousreply 67October 31, 2021 4:53 AM

David Letterman was an asshole to her. Watching Stephen Colbert and reflecting back to Letterman and how he conducted the late show.

I like Colbert a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 68October 31, 2021 5:52 AM

R54, Italians and Irish are the biggest populations, or at least were back in the old days (say, 50-70 years ago when Martha was there).

by Anonymousreply 69October 31, 2021 8:04 AM

We didn't know anything about her in Europe until she appeared on the Larry King Show on CNN International. I found her very charming and quite lovely. Memorable This woman has fabulous style. Must be in her DNA

by Anonymousreply 70October 31, 2021 8:51 AM

Here ya go....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 31, 2021 8:56 AM

Martha's home in Nutley on Elm Street:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 31, 2021 8:56 AM

I loved her Tweets early in the pandemic when she was socially isolating with her gardener and getting drunk daily. The Tweets were hilarious.

I remembering tuning into her show on the day she was charged with insider trading. Wanted to see how she was handling it—and she was literally covered in puppies. Just a bunch of puppies crawling all over her—to soften her image, I guess.

Her conviction and jail sentence were so ludicrous, especially in retrospect. Fucking Trump can storm the Capitol and he’s still walking the streets.

by Anonymousreply 73October 31, 2021 9:11 AM

I would have hung that trial had I served on the jury. The charges were ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 74October 31, 2021 9:27 AM

At midnight on Halloween 🎃!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 31, 2021 9:44 AM

[quote] "Martha puts a Christmas tree in every room of her Bedford estate. I can't help but stan."

She decorates the tree in the dining room with homemade, individually wrapped popcorn balls, which children take with them when they leave, R57. I've always associated popcorn balls with Halloween, but this is a lovely idea.

by Anonymousreply 76October 31, 2021 9:54 AM

Her show that aired on Sunday mornings in the 90s on CBS was fantastic. She brought great crafts ideas every week and did wonderful cooking and decorating segments. It was very entertaining and relaxing to watch. That was peak Martha for me.

by Anonymousreply 77October 31, 2021 10:56 AM

R38...I still have a MS K-Mart cloth shower curtain liner. It's intact and just wash it. I've had it 25+ years. Her newer line with Macy's isn't as good, though. I bought pillow case covers that fell apart after one wash.

by Anonymousreply 78October 31, 2021 11:42 AM

I like the "old" Martha....from the 90s. I don't like her newer brand, which she has branched out into many ridiculous things with her name on it. Now, she's gotten away from her original message and just wants to rake in the money. The thing with Snoop Dogg is silly, too.

by Anonymousreply 79October 31, 2021 11:46 AM

Martha has taught very well, over the years, and now there are many "Marthas" out there....that even "out Martha'd" Martha, herself. Her style is still admirable, but some others are more interesting to me. Just look at YouTube channels on gardening, cooking and decorating, for example.

by Anonymousreply 80October 31, 2021 11:51 AM

I like when she hit her ex-husbands slut with her car. That was a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 81October 31, 2021 12:03 PM

what r51 and r77 said.

I was unemployed for a portion of the mid 90s. My then husband was working during the day and we were living in a town in rented property. I didn't know anybody.

Go ahead, call it pitiful. Call me irresponsible. Throw in undependable, too, but Martha was my TV friend who flattered me by assuming I lived a life where I had the desire and skill to put together, say, a Halloween Wreath made of preserved Autumn leaves with little ghosts and witches adorning it, when really, nothing could be further from reality.

"Martha Stewart Living' was pop escapism at its best. Her voice and look hypnotized me; drew me in like a tractor beam.

I never got the hate for her.

by Anonymousreply 82October 31, 2021 12:11 PM

What OP? I can't hear you over the vacuum cleaner.

by Anonymousreply 83October 31, 2021 12:32 PM

MARTHA

MARTHA

MARTHA

by Anonymousreply 84October 31, 2021 1:46 PM

I wonder if she is still in touch with the Warhol twins. They used to work for her catering company as teens.

by Anonymousreply 85October 31, 2021 1:46 PM

I have a Martha Stewart 12-inch skillet from KMart that I still use, it's a workhorse, but I remember they had the wrong labels on it and said it was oven safe when it wasn't, the handles had that rubberized coating on them and wouldn't have withstood oven temps.

More recently I've bought an MS duvet cover and mattress pad from Macy's and they're fine but seem to be about the same quality as the KMart stuff was years ago, not better quality.

by Anonymousreply 86October 31, 2021 2:01 PM

Wow, that young version of her is so intense kind of creeping me out. I had no idea. I have only known her as the synergistic conglomerate.

by Anonymousreply 87October 31, 2021 2:07 PM

MS laundry products were savaged by consumer testing organizations, publications and reviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 31, 2021 2:14 PM

More...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 31, 2021 2:17 PM

Hey, she was willing to a an ugly swivel chair but didn't compromise on the other stuff. She knew how to pick battles. She's a bit all over the place now, but I guessed she's earned it. She was unintentionally funny in the early days---she was one of those people for whom their were no wasted moments. You knew that if she was waiting for someone, she was probably composing a show or creating a craft.

by Anonymousreply 90October 31, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote] remembering tuning into her show on the day she was charged with insider trading.

Martha was never charged with insider trading. The best the FBI could come up with was making false statements, based on her responses to their questions regarding some stock she sold in a company owned by a friend of hers.

by Anonymousreply 91October 31, 2021 2:30 PM

Oprah was a pioneer in a lot of areas, but she definitely lifted her O Magazine idea and being on the cover of every issue from Martha

by Anonymousreply 92October 31, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote]Martha was never charged with insider trading.

Semantics, she still knew what she was doing. In her former life before she was famous, she worked as a stockbroker.

by Anonymousreply 93October 31, 2021 11:51 PM

R93- Martha Stewart jaywalked and they sent her to prison. That FUCKIN CRIMINAL VP Cheney got away with MASS MURDER. He spent NO time in prison. He should have been serving MULTIPLE LIFE TERMS in the slammer.

by Anonymousreply 94October 31, 2021 11:53 PM

I have read every single post on this thread and no-one has mentioned the most important thing about her, in my eyes. She is a self-made millionaire.

While ruffians like Trump are shouting it from the rooftops, when in reality he just joined his father's company and started from there. Martha built her company from scratch as a woman in a world of men. I love her ballsiness, her vision, her self-belief and her will not take no prisoners attitude.

R94, I agree with you. They wanted to teach her a lesson, because she is an ambitious and successful businesswoman. She wasn't doing anything that hasn't been done before in Wall Street or that many of them are still doing as I type. R93, how do you think the 2007-2008 crisis happened? Because they were all playing by the rules? Sure

by Anonymousreply 95November 1, 2021 12:07 AM

*will take no prisoners*

by Anonymousreply 96November 1, 2021 12:16 AM

Wonder if Martha Stewart will join her new bff Snoop Dog in his marijuana ventures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 1, 2021 12:20 AM

I fucking love Martha

by Anonymousreply 98November 1, 2021 12:31 AM

My favourite SNL line, from around her sentencing and delivered by Poehler: But don't feel too sorry for Martha, because if the shoe was on the other foot, she wouldn't feel sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 99November 1, 2021 12:38 AM

[quote]Her conviction and jail sentence were so ludicrous, especially in retrospect.

It was a witch hunt, the only reason she went to jail was because she was Martha Stewart. Many people have done the same thing she did and got off pretty lightly.

by Anonymousreply 100November 1, 2021 1:15 AM

Timeline and facts of record, do with them what you will....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101November 1, 2021 1:18 AM

I can't believe Martha is 80 years old.

by Anonymousreply 102November 1, 2021 1:21 AM

MS was tried and convicted for obstruction of justice and basically lying.

All and all she was rather lightly dealt with, receiving a sentence far lower than others convicted of similar charges. In less than six months Ms. Stewart left federal custody and flew home on a private jet to spend balance of sentence on home release (federal prison system does not have parole).

Martha Stewart told her version of events while federal government laid out things as they saw them. Sadly for MS jury believed federal government's version of events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103November 1, 2021 1:25 AM

Many people who did the same thing Martha did didn't get prison time.

by Anonymousreply 104November 1, 2021 1:39 AM

I meant to say Matt Lauer was NOT frugal with his money.

by Anonymousreply 105November 1, 2021 2:08 AM

R68. Martha and David were neighbors. One of the first interviews she gave after prison was with Letterman and it was hilarious. Another time she told of riding a horse to his house (I forget who was with her but it was a celebrity). They were and still are friends.

by Anonymousreply 106November 1, 2021 2:26 AM

I loved when Chelsea Handler - my least favorite celebrity ever - attempted to mock Martha's poolside photo by recreating it, and Martha clapped back that her photo was better and her pool was prettier

by Anonymousreply 107November 1, 2021 3:20 AM

Pre trial a guy I know sent Martha a card with an enclosed photo of his dog wearing a Free Martha tee shirt and an afro wig (the dog was a big black beast). He sent it to her home address!

And Martha sent him a hand written thank you card in which she said the photo brought her much appreciated humor And that she.put the photo on her office wall. It was fantastic of her to take the time to write

by Anonymousreply 108November 1, 2021 3:54 AM

r108 that's a great story, thanks for sharing it.

r107 I can't stand Chelsea Handler either. Never saw the appeal of that trashy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 109November 1, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote] I can't stand Chelsea Handler either. Never saw the appeal of that trashy bitch.

She says the naughty things we're all thinking!

by Anonymousreply 110November 1, 2021 6:46 AM

With Chelsea Handler, you don't need to wonder if it stinks

by Anonymousreply 111November 2, 2021 2:29 AM

she's sort of a hero considering she actually went to jail, served time, f or something that is so fucking commonplace now to get away with

by Anonymousreply 112November 2, 2021 2:31 AM

Martha took her time behind bars and turned Meyer Lemons into Lemonade when she paired up with Snoop Dogg. Do you think Snoop would have been as receptive if she had a clean record?

And she's humble, too. She has said one o the things she can't do is get dressed for a night out. She struggles with getting it right, and when she does look fab, it's the work of her stylists, not her.

by Anonymousreply 113November 2, 2021 3:22 AM

(10) Martha is said to have a "stage face". Many great stars, such as Ricchard Burton have big heads like Martha and it does show up well on stage, as do definite features.

by Anonymousreply 114November 2, 2021 5:44 AM

I adore Martha, I woke my ass up at 6:30 am on Sundays to watch her show in the late 90s and still have many of the magazines from that era. To this day I dig out her recipes, if you want it easy pick another lifestyle guru, if you want it done right go to Martha.

Martha post-prison is much more laid back, my father lived in Westport for a while in the late 80s/early 90s and remembers Martha loudly berating the butcher in Hay Day because he didn’t have quail. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 115November 2, 2021 10:44 AM

R112...Her prison time has given her new respect by people not normally attracted...or relate to her lifestyle brand, before her arrest. Now she's a "badass". I guess that opens up her audience and potential customers.

by Anonymousreply 116November 2, 2021 12:06 PM

Martha takes a walking tour of Paris

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 2, 2021 9:55 PM

She has a lovely voice as well. Girl's got it all.

by Anonymousreply 118November 2, 2021 10:03 PM

Who knew there were so many Martha Stewart fans on DL?

by Anonymousreply 119November 2, 2021 10:09 PM

What's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 120November 2, 2021 10:14 PM

It was GB that denied MS entry after her release from prison. France and some other places Ms. Stewart has visited since release obviously aren't that bothered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121November 2, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote]Who knew there were so many Martha Stewart fans on DL?

She's a hard ass bitch who's OCD about proper entertaining. The mystery is why her picture isn't the logo.

by Anonymousreply 122November 2, 2021 10:51 PM

I don't mind if someone talks a lot if they have a lot of information. A walking tour of Paris with Martha at R117 giving a running commentary on her early modeling days, the history of Paris neighborhoods, French cheeses and the changing culinary scene would be so interesting

by Anonymousreply 123November 2, 2021 10:57 PM

R75 = the Dead or Alive Something in my House troll...

by Anonymousreply 124November 2, 2021 11:34 PM

R123

There are dozens if not scores of Americans and British living in Paris and other areas of France who give guided tours. Many are not in France legally (such as came on a tourist visa and never left), so cannot work "legally" either, but those tours are a way to make money. You can find some videos on TY and or reviews on Yelp or similar sites.

Same sort of thing exists in many other hot tourist destinations in Europe such as Rome and so forth.

by Anonymousreply 125November 2, 2021 11:59 PM

Nobody gives a shit about Youtubers talking about Paris. This is MARTHA.

by Anonymousreply 126November 3, 2021 6:47 AM

Martha is amazing. This is one of my favorite of her recipes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 3, 2021 2:47 PM

Before Martha started posting professional-type videos on youtube, she posted on Facebook and used to record long hypnotic walks around her property describing everything that grows there

by Anonymousreply 128November 3, 2021 7:02 PM

She's a bloody Godess.

My glamour lesbian sister hit on Martha in a crafts shop in NYC. She said Martha blushed and got very girlie, very nice, but no.

by Anonymousreply 129November 4, 2021 3:13 AM

Martha's love of booze and caftans makes her an Honorary Datalounger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 4, 2021 3:46 AM

^^ She appears shit-faced in those photos. Trials are taxing.

by Anonymousreply 131November 4, 2021 3:51 AM

Bitch is 80. If she wants to put on a gold lamé caftan and knock back a few drinks then good for her.

by Anonymousreply 132November 4, 2021 3:53 AM

I think prison must have humbled her just enough she's decided to relax a little but MS is so tough that even prison couldn't humble her to the point of admitting it. I get more of an aw-fuck-it than an I-learned-an-important-lesson vibe.

by Anonymousreply 133November 4, 2021 3:55 AM

Thanks, Kevyn...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 4, 2021 4:00 AM

She's a good looking woman...but, there's something scary about her in her eyes. Especially that look in R130's photo...the one on the right. I wouldn't fuck with her.

by Anonymousreply 135November 4, 2021 11:42 AM

“I do what I please and I do it with ease.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 4, 2021 1:36 PM

Since the pandemic, I've been getting her meal kits once a week.

I've been very pleased by the variety. I've made Indonesian, Portuguese, Greek, Moroccan, Thai, Peruvian, South African, Italian, French, and American dishes.

I made a Chinese orange chicken dish last week. It was the first time I've had orange chicken when it wasn't cloyingly sweet. It used the juice of two oranges and sauteed peel to add tartness. I also added some Thai chili peppers because I like things hotter.

by Anonymousreply 137November 4, 2021 2:06 PM

You mean "Marty", r136.

by Anonymousreply 138November 4, 2021 3:10 PM

She and Snoop are opening a restaurant in Vegas (I believe at the Paris casino) called--wait for it--The Joint. She's been selling CBD items for awhile now.

No surprise that her corporation owns her homes. P. Allen Smith built his home in Arkansas the same way, as he also films there and hosts cooking classes, tours, etc. It's a good system unless/until you get voted out of your own corporation.

by Anonymousreply 139November 4, 2021 3:14 PM

I wish her old shows were online somewhere. (or are they?)

by Anonymousreply 140November 4, 2021 3:16 PM

r140 I've run into a few of her 90's shows on YouTube but not many.

by Anonymousreply 141November 4, 2021 3:22 PM

Try YouTube. I've watched a few of her 90s shows on there.

by Anonymousreply 142November 4, 2021 3:26 PM

R136 never has a yearbook quote been so fitting.

by Anonymousreply 143November 4, 2021 6:10 PM

I really like watching her on TV. The thing that makes me dislike her is her daughter Alexis, who can't help being a miserable narcissistic brat on camera even as she's pushing 60.

by Anonymousreply 144November 4, 2021 6:20 PM

Alexis is going to inherit half a billion dollars.

by Anonymousreply 145November 4, 2021 8:26 PM

[quote]I like the "old" Martha....from the 90s. I don't like her newer brand, which she has branched out into many ridiculous things with her name on it. Now, she's gotten away from her original message and just wants to rake in the money. The thing with Snoop Dogg is silly, too.

She jumped the shark with the Snoop shit. I don’t even take her seriously anymore.

by Anonymousreply 146November 5, 2021 7:04 AM

I loved when MadTV did a parody of Martha in jail. They had her as being sent to Oz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 5, 2021 9:15 AM

I watched about x10 of the ep's at R63's link yesterday on my day off. The first x9 eps had me laughing out loud, as they made fun of Martha's old shows. But then I watched one from their 3rd season, and I realized what an ungrateful bitch Alexis is. Both to her mum and her friend cohosting the show. As someone said above, she's almost 60. If she has issues with her mother--which she clearly does, to air her dirty laundry on TV and in a tell-all--she doesn't need to work for her mother nor have much to do with her. Unless, of course, the only reason she's kowtowing to her is to make sure she and her children are provided for in the will. I wouldn't put it past Martha to exclude them all if she doesn't feel respected. I do know from Martha's IG that she worships the ground her grandchildren walk on.

by Anonymousreply 148November 5, 2021 9:32 AM

R148 Alexis is just an asshole. Watch this video. It becomes stranger as it goes on. Alexis is just a cold person through and through. Matha seems to be both warm and cold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 5, 2021 2:30 PM

Martha would be the ideal wife for Barbra Streisand. She would keep all the bath towels Sleeping With The Enemy straight, lavish deli trays and flower arrangements, the best coffee and bagels, fresh egg dishes and "the good muffins"

by Anonymousreply 150November 5, 2021 7:39 PM

R150 gets lesbian relationships.

by Anonymousreply 151November 5, 2021 9:34 PM

Martha and Barbra go way back…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 5, 2021 11:22 PM

Richard Burr and other Senators, including the woman from Georgia who lost her election, have benefited from confidential information they've learned as elected officials to trade stock and they haven't even been questioned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153November 6, 2021 3:51 AM

Her knowledge, skills, work ethic and intelligence are admirable but it's only in recent years that she's come across as anything other than rigidly uptight and socially awkward. She's lost credibility in her career because of it. I don't need her to be my friend I need her to be serious and trustworthy in her knowledge. Hanging out with a thug like Snoop makes her look bad in that respect. I don't blame her for wanting to loosen up though, she is 80. I hope she enjoys all the money she's earned while she still can.

by Anonymousreply 154November 6, 2021 9:46 PM

Think her criminal conviction (regardless of merit or whatever) took away some of MS's credibility, and perhaps acceptance in society.

Yes, as people on DL say supposedly lots of other people did what Martha Stewart was convicted of, but she is the one that was caught. Sort of like Leona Hemsley going on about how only "little people pay taxes", then the IRS came a knocking.

There are just people who love a nice bowl of schadenfreude. They feel MS needed bringing down a peg or two, and now have something to hold over her head.

Admire Ms. Stewart at 80 years old still chugging away, but wonder how much of it is to erase or put distance between her "unfortunate incarceration", and what comes afterward.

by Anonymousreply 155November 6, 2021 11:31 PM

Now that we have our Thanksgiving menu courtesy of Martha, who's hosting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 19, 2021 1:19 AM

R155, those others were caught as well. They just weren't charged.

by Anonymousreply 157November 19, 2021 1:59 AM

she was fabulous

by Anonymousreply 158November 19, 2021 2:07 AM

Anyone here still subscribe to her magazine? Is it six or twelve issues per year now?

In thr 90s, I subscribed to her Everyday Food (?), a small magazine the size of TV Guide but fewer pages, I think. Anybody remember that publication now?

by Anonymousreply 159November 19, 2021 2:26 AM

R159 I still have a bunch of the everyday food magazines in my cookbook cabinet. I didn’t like it as much as the recipes in Martha Stewart Magazine, but it’s better than the shitty hipster recipes being put out currently.

by Anonymousreply 160November 19, 2021 10:36 AM

Martha has traveled to Europe and other parts of the world, with her daughter and grandchildren. It's on her blog. She's a free agent...

by Anonymousreply 161November 19, 2021 11:05 AM

Martha with grand kids on her 78th birthday.

Who made the cak?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 19, 2021 11:53 AM

Her very talented and genius grandchildren...who are so far advanced than other children...^^

by Anonymousreply 163November 19, 2021 2:17 PM

She loves doing laundry and folding clothes so much that you would think she would sell a better quality laundry detergent.

by Anonymousreply 164November 19, 2021 8:45 PM

Cant stand the bitch

by Anonymousreply 165November 19, 2021 10:05 PM

I want to spend Thanksgiving at Martha's

by Anonymousreply 166November 24, 2021 3:58 AM

Me too r166! Can you even imagine a Thanksgiving dinner cooked by Martha herself? I would love that.

by Anonymousreply 167November 24, 2021 4:17 AM

And she would have the best appetizers, cheese and charcuterie trays, dips, salad with homemade dressing and croutons, cheescakes, pies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 24, 2021 4:48 AM

You're really have to watch your table manners if Martha was cooking.

by Anonymousreply 169November 25, 2021 1:27 AM

I somehow can't envision anyone leaving the table...plunking down on the couch, unbuckling their belts...and vegging out in front of TV, watching football, maybe letting out a loud belch or two. Chez Martha's....

by Anonymousreply 170November 25, 2021 1:33 AM

Makin Whoopie Pies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171November 25, 2021 1:39 AM

Martha making whoopie....

by Anonymousreply 172November 25, 2021 1:44 AM

It’s funny how her food always looks good, but when I look up her recipes online, a lot of them have mediocre reviews.

by Anonymousreply 173November 25, 2021 2:25 AM

She would sell her mommies soul for fame.

by Anonymousreply 174November 25, 2021 2:29 AM

So there was this fucking incredible floral designer on martha and he was teaching the bitch about floral arrangements, she disregarded all his advice, her arrangement looked like total crap his was fabulous. Have hated that bitch every since i saw that episode.

by Anonymousreply 175November 25, 2021 2:45 AM

Martha rubs the meat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 25, 2021 3:09 AM

Martha obviously had a EUREKA moment with youtube. She's tried various outlets for her programming, even giving it away for free on Facebook and Instagram.

Now she uploads a video under ten minutes from home cooking a basic recipe with no middleman or opposing network forces and potentially earns five-to-twenty thousand per video

by Anonymousreply 177November 29, 2021 3:50 AM

Don't worry about Martha....she's fine. ^^

by Anonymousreply 178November 29, 2021 11:36 AM

I worried about her

by Anonymousreply 179November 29, 2021 12:00 PM

Whoops! Hit post too soon!

I worried about her money.

by Anonymousreply 180November 29, 2021 12:00 PM

I love the SNL parody of Martha Stewart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181November 29, 2021 12:10 PM

Martha's YT earnings might cover her electric bill at her various estates.

by Anonymousreply 182November 29, 2021 3:45 PM

Miss Martha is soooo OVAH

by Anonymousreply 183November 29, 2021 4:42 PM

R183 post one video on youtube that gets one percent of the views Martha gets and we'll see who's soooo OVAH

by Anonymousreply 184November 29, 2021 4:44 PM

Icons are never ovah.

by Anonymousreply 185November 29, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote] Martha's YT earnings might cover her electric bill at her various estates.

Martha Stewart Omnimedia covers those expenses.

by Anonymousreply 186November 29, 2021 7:03 PM

She gets a lot of tax write offs on her homes because they're business expenses.

by Anonymousreply 187November 29, 2021 7:05 PM

Very savvy..^^ The wealthy using all of their breaks and loopholes..

by Anonymousreply 188December 1, 2021 1:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 1, 2021 1:47 PM

R188. It's no different from writing off one's home office for biz expenses. Or your car, etc. These aren't breaks and loopholes.

by Anonymousreply 190December 1, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote]Very savvy..^^ The wealthy using all of their breaks and loopholes..

Anybody can write things off. A plumber can write expenses off because his house is his "office."

by Anonymousreply 191December 1, 2021 2:18 PM

R189, That is the only thing I remember about the movie.

by Anonymousreply 192December 1, 2021 9:30 PM

Now I must see the Martha Stewart movie! Did her husband have an affair with the babysitter or something?

by Anonymousreply 193December 1, 2021 9:35 PM

Martha, Inc.

by Anonymousreply 194December 1, 2021 9:37 PM

Thank you, R194.

by Anonymousreply 195December 1, 2021 9:39 PM

No problem...^^

by Anonymousreply 196December 1, 2021 9:40 PM

[quote]Now I must see the Martha Stewart movie! Did her husband have an affair with the babysitter or something?

Her husband Andrew was having an affair with her assistant. Andrew eventually left Martha to marry the assistant. They had some kids and eventually divorced.

by Anonymousreply 197December 2, 2021 2:30 PM

Blooper Reel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198January 25, 2022 7:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!