Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meg Ryan does not speak to her parents

Her mother said she doesn't know her grandchildren and That Meg hasn't spoken to her since early 1990, after she was confronted about Dennis Quaid's love for blow. Even after the marriage came to an end Meg still refused any contact.

I suspect her relationship with her parents was already very shitty long before she met Quaid and even before she became an actress, This was just probably the last straw,are any of you in the same situation as her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2021 5:14 AM

No, I've had long periods of no communication with my parents for various reasons, but when the chips are really down I know my parents are the only ones who will always have my back

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2021 3:46 PM

I don't know anything about Meg Ryan and less about her parents but it's her fucking business if she doesn't want to talk to them. It's not her job to provide grandchildren or to provide a place in her life for her parents.

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2021 3:49 PM

^ Your right, without knowing both sides it's pretty hard to make a fair judgement. Too bad about her kids not knowing their grandparents, though

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2021 3:52 PM

Hi Meg R2, tell us what really happened.

by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2021 3:54 PM

It's like her parents hardly know her...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2021 3:57 PM

I can;t take sides in situations like these--some people genuinely have toxic parents, and some people have emotional problems and take it out on their parents. Unless you knew the people involved well, you can't know.

I tend to stay away from people who have been alienated from their parents or children for years and want to talk about it all the time, though--to me that's a bad sign.

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2021 4:45 PM

Hahaha her shady mother suggested she was possibly a drug addict herself, any gossip?

by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2021 5:11 PM

[quote]are any of you in the same situation as her?

Yeah, I also hate, hate, hate Meg Ryan's parents.

by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2021 5:13 PM

I remember the world turned against Meg when she started fucking Russell Crowe. Knowing how awful Quaid was, who can blame her. Fun fact: I went on a realtor tour of her San Francisco house when she was selling it. It was spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2021 5:30 PM

Maybe Russell Crowe sat on her face and destroyed it?

by Anonymousreply 10October 27, 2021 5:35 PM

Plastic surgery princesses usually have a screw loose somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2021 5:37 PM

I wouldn’t know what that is like.

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2021 5:39 PM

Yup.

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2021 7:38 PM

A lot of actors have messed up relationships with their parents.

That's why they become actors.

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2021 7:41 PM

Meg Ryan doesn't speak to me either...why would anyone care who she speaks to?

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2021 9:28 PM

...for reasons that are well-known to them, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2021 9:36 PM

Moral of the story: ruin your face, ruin your career.

by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2021 9:41 PM

I had a fallout with my father when I was 14 and it never recovered. I started talking to him again in my early 20’s? I get along with him just fine now but maybe I talk to him 2-3 times a year through text. But I consider my relationship with him good.

by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2021 9:42 PM

Didn't Meg's mom abandon the family to pursue her career and that the bad blood? What about her Dad and siblings?

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2021 9:47 PM

Just saw him Goliath. Wowie Wow Wow. He is still hot! Even hotter. Never knew he had such great legs. Ooh those jeans & cowboy boots & in that Cowboy hat. Sign me up. Yeah, I'm gushing!

by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2021 9:50 PM

I care R15, I think it's really sad when parents fail to be great parents.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote]I care [R15], I think it's really sad when parents fail to be great parents.

It must press your buttons and make you confront things you don't want to think about.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2021 6:59 PM

And do you speak to your parents, OP? Speak to them as often as you start some listlessly shitty threads on DL every day?

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2021 11:53 PM

This is OLD news - Meg's mother was an aspiring actress. She abandoned the family to pursue her acting career - but it never got off the ground

So this has been building for awhile, and after the Dennis Quaid situation, Meg decided to just wash her hands of her mother completely. Meg has even gone as far as warn family members, that if they tell her mother anything going on in her life, she will cut off contact with them.

Never heard about Meg cutting off her father, that is news to me.

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2021 11:58 PM

R6 I agree. I've seen both sides of it. I've witnessed nasty and abusive people who act shocked when their targets simply start ignoring them. On the flip side I know of a couple people who dropped contact with family members for shockingly petty reasons ( spouse does not like persons family, embarrassment over poor or low income parents, etc etc).

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2021 12:09 AM

Her son is almost 30. If he wanted to meet his grandparents, he doesn't need his mom to do it.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2021 12:11 AM

Surprised no one has written an unauthorized biography on Meg Ryan

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2021 12:14 AM

Nicole Kidman stole Meg Ryan’s career when she adapted her American speaking voice and sent her off to a horrible plastic surgeon. In the Cut is the movie equivalent of a human sacrifice.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2021 1:50 AM

[quote]Surprised no one has written an unauthorized biography on Meg Ryan

Yes! I'd SO buy it!

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2021 10:37 AM

My parents were shitty and I talk about them endlessly but then I'm gay.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2021 11:34 AM

Meg Ryan is a known cunt who got the face she deserves.

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2021 12:10 PM

[quote]Meg Ryan is a known cunt who got the face she deserves.

She may well be. I can't tell Meg Ryan from Melanie Griffiths, though I have seen Working Girl and I think it's the other one who had to play the love interest of BIlly Crystal (and surely that would make anyone a cunt.) But for all that I don't know about her (or that other one) I know even less about her relationship with her parents. I would never fault someone for having a poor relationship with a parent or parents without knowing the situation first-hand.

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2021 1:21 PM

I fail to see the problem here.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2021 1:35 PM

I didn't really care about my parents much. Both nice enough but not great parents but I don't hold that against them. I didn't see then for years at a time. We can't be good at everything and there's no point in dwelling on the past. Its a part of you whether you like it or not, whether you focus on it or not. Meg you me we all have our past family histories.

by Anonymousreply 34November 24, 2021 3:58 PM

My siblings and I don't speak to my (remaining) parent any more. My mother died when I was 8 and my father became very abusive. Physically violent, manipulative, and he spent all the money she left behind - we were in debt throughout our whole childhood and often had no electricity. He used to threaten that he was going to kill himself and that foster people would split us up and that we'd never see each other again (taking it as far as disappearing a few days at a time to really worry us), which was actually such a shitty thing to do to children who had already lost one parent.

Anyway, I don't mean to vent/dump lol, but the point is that sometimes you don't know what's going on behind the scenes. There are MANY parents out there who really didn't think it through before they had kids and had no idea what they were in for (I think in my father's case, he thought my mother would always be around and that he wouldn't have to deal with us). Sometimes it's not even this extreme, just that they actually turned out to be incapable of being a parent (oddly something not many people even consider before they have kids). So I don't blame Meg at all.

What happened to her face is quite tragic, but I do miss her and that era of movies in her heyday when Hollywood still spent money on films for adults to see. Smart characters having intelligent conversation / banter, sweeping musical scores, nice scenery and decor. I can watch Sleepless in Seattle, French Kiss, When Harry Met Sally etc. over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2021 7:38 AM

How would she feel if Jack didn’t speak to her ever again?

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2021 7:52 AM

I'm sorry, R35. You sound like a nice person who came out okay in spite of a very tough childhood.

by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2021 8:55 AM

You must be crazy R23, I rarely start threads, and I don't even come to Datalounge everyday, but if I were to do that you should get on your knees and thank me, given that when people starts threads they give you a new chance to troll.

by Anonymousreply 38November 26, 2021 5:32 AM

Heather Graham doesn't either.

by Anonymousreply 39November 26, 2021 5:36 AM

I have also heard that Heather Graham has completely stopped speaking to Meg Ryan’s parents

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2021 10:14 AM

Just after I turned 18 I went to my dad's house to find he had moved away. A neighbor told me he'd moved to another state. Our relationship was somewhat strained because his wife was a wretched cunt. But no big fight and yet No phone call or anything. He was just gone. I didn't see him again until 12 years later.

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2021 10:30 AM

^ did you reconcile? Did it ever get better? Did he & the 2nd wife divorce?

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2021 10:59 AM

Her mother makes her ass twitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2021 11:07 AM

Hahah what movie is that R43? Does her c**t twitch too?

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2021 5:17 AM

R42 yeah. Purely by coincidence I found out where he lived and dropped in on him one night. Shortly after that my mom died and I reached out to him then he lost his second wife and I spent the last few years caring for him as his Parkinson's progressed among other ailments. Weirdly it was the two sons he abandoned that bothered to be there for him while his stepkids all cut off contact with him after their mom died.

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2021 5:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!