Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jensen Ackles is getting more attention than he has had in years!

He's all over the media. Because he's the only actor associated with "Rust" who has talked about it publicly.

Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?

[quote] Jensen Ackles Pays Tribute to ‘Rust’ Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins: ‘She Was an Inspiration’

Jensen Ackles, an actor working on “Rust,” has made a statement paying tribute to the late cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, who was killed in an on-set accident in which a prop firearm was discharged.

Ackles recounted his working relationship with Hutchins in an Instagram post shared on Sunday.

“I’m not even sure where to start,” Ackles wrote. “This has been a tragedy of epic proportions that we are all still processing.”

“Earlier last week I felt compelled to tell Halyna just how awesome I thought she was. I told her how incredible I thought her camera shots were and just how exciting it was to watch her and her team work. Truly. She laughed and said thank you and gave me a hug,” the actor continued. “I’ll forever be thankful we had that moment. She had a spunk and passion that infected the entire crew from the top down. She was an inspiration. My heart and prayers go out to Halyna’s husband, son and the rest of her family. There just aren’t enough words to express what an immense loss this is. She will be incredibly missed by all of us who knew and admired her.”

Ackles also shared that he and his wife, Danneel Ackles, have donated to the AFI memorial scholarship fund in Hutchins’ name, as well as to the GoFundMe campaign organized by ICG Local 600 to support Halyna’s husband, Matthew, and their 9-year-old son.

Ackles had been working on the New Mexico set of “Rust” alongside his co-star Alec Baldwin. On Thursday, Baldwin fired a prop gun that contained a live round, causing the death of Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza. An ongoing “shooting investigation” is continuing as to determine key details in the lead-up to the accident.

“There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours,” Baldwin said in a statement. “My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 22, 2021 4:47 AM

I'm surprised Mischa hasn't thrown himself into the middle of this yet.

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2021 1:04 PM

Way to make it all about YOU, Jensen!

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2021 1:13 PM

With the production of "Rust" halted, JA is considering taking a part in the remake of "A Shot in the Dark."

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2021 1:13 PM

Jensen just can't catch a break!

This was supposed to be his breakout movie role, launching his post-Supernatural career.

And then.... PFFFTTT!

Meanwhile, Jared and Genevieve are back filming season two of Walker.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2021 1:17 PM

[quote]Ackles also shared that he and his wife, Danneel Ackles, have donated to the AFI memorial scholarship fund in Hutchins’ name, as well as to the GoFundMe campaign organized by ICG Local 600 to support Halyna’s husband, Matthew, and their 9-year-old son.

I see that two-bit cunt of a wife is getting her share of the free publicity.

Hmmmm, perhaps Lindsey Morgan could suffer an on-set "accident."

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2021 1:21 PM

The irony is that Ackles, who was on Supernatural for 15 years and directed several episodes, probably understood the role of an armorer and the responsibilities of an actor with a gun better than anyone else on this benighted set. Supernatural must've had a really good firearms team, who frequently worked with antique weapons, and if Ackles had any personal interest in not dying he would surely have learned what he could from them.

Mind you, the average theatre cat probably knows more about firearms than the team who were working on Rust at the time of the shooting.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2021 1:36 PM

Exactly, R6.

15 years on Supernatural, and not even ONE accident with props (that we know of).

The SPN crew was highly professional and very cautious.

So going to work on the Rust movie, and seeing the unprofessionalism and carelessness, must have scared the shit out of him.

But Jensen has always been a team player, and this was also a huge break for him.

Even if he had misgivings about what was going on, I think there's no way he would have spoken up.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2021 1:38 PM

[quote]But Jensen has always been a team player

Except when it comes to prequels...

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2021 1:40 PM

I'm surprised that Danneel hasn't trademarked her new brand of "Rusty Cinnamon Rolls," to benefit her... "charity."

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2021 3:33 PM

Fuck’s sake, why can’t these actors just shut the fuck up. A woman died and they’re on fucking Twitter posting about it? Literally coming across as “me, me, me.” Alec Baldwin should not have said anything either, especially not if his chosen platform was on Twitter. The public does not need to witness this conversation they’re having in memory of her. It looks so cheap and trashy and disrespectful. Like, what is the reason Jensen sat with his thumbs working away at his phone just to be like “I told her she was awesome, aren’t I awesome for that?” Wtf? Just shut up! Celebrities are so fucking tedious, I swear to god.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2021 4:35 PM

R1 Misha's not an idiot.

R4 yes Jared is back to working on a shitty CW reboot. How amazing 🙄

by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2021 5:27 AM

Hi Danneel/R11!!

by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2021 5:31 AM

Jensin Ackles is hot. And hot people are always good.

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2021 5:43 AM

Anyone who uses "epic", "awesome" and "spunk" in a tribute should pay their respects privately.

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2021 5:50 AM

R12 great comeback.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2021 6:20 AM

So now we know who switched the gun.

by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2021 6:51 AM

He protesteth too much

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2021 6:51 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2021 8:08 AM

Yikes, at R18!

For those of you who didn't click on the link, this is what it says...

[quote] Anonymous asked: Did you watch the interview of Danneel Ackles saying she cheated?? She was with Jensen at that time 🤬

[quote] Unfortunately.

[quote] Don’t feel too bad for Jensen though…that man is no saint lol. They’ve both cheated throughout all of their relationships. They toxic.

It starts at the 14:10 mark.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2021 8:52 AM

Has anyone read anything said by the director who was shot?

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2021 11:43 AM

So is Jensen unemployed now?

Is RUST finished?

by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2021 4:04 PM

I can be on set in a jiffy!

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2021 4:18 PM

Not the freaky SPN Fan Fraus again.

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote]Fuck’s sake, why can’t these actors just shut the fuck up. A woman died and they’re on fucking Twitter posting about it? Literally coming across as “me, me, me.” Alec Baldwin should not have said anything either, especially not if his chosen platform was on Twitter. The public does not need to witness this conversation they’re having in memory of her. It looks so cheap and trashy and disrespectful. Like, what is the reason Jensen sat with his thumbs working away at his phone just to be like “I told her she was awesome, aren’t I awesome for that?” Wtf? Just shut up! Celebrities are so fucking tedious, I swear to god.

YES! FINALLY! I'm so tired of this shit. Who the fuck cares what some D lister nobody like this dude thinks about this tragedy? He's using it for nothing but self serving purposes. At least Baldwin was a producer so I can see him having something to say, but this guy? No, just shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2021 4:27 PM

THIS WAS MY BIG BREAK!!!

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote]Fuck’s sake, why can’t these actors just shut the fuck up. A woman died and they’re on fucking Twitter posting about it?

If they say nothing, they get lambasted on Twitter. If they say something, they get lambasted by folks like you.

I can't imagine why anyone cares either way.

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2021 5:43 PM

Are you high, R26? No one in the known universe is out there waiting to see what some nobody d list actor from the CW thinks about this event. Yeah, I get that he has role in the film but out of decency he should have kept his mouth shut. As someone upthread said, it's nothing but self-serving.

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote] No one in the known universe is out there waiting to see what some nobody d list actor from the CW thinks about this event.

I am NOT a D-list actor.

I am a STAR.

THIS WAS MY BIG BREAK, GODDAMN YOU!!!!

by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2021 6:14 PM

Can he still do Marvel movies?

by Anonymousreply 29October 26, 2021 6:29 PM

He's a Texan gun nut, but he doesn't want to say a word in case it affects his acting career.

Besides, he was probably sucking off some production assistant when the accident occurred. Can't let THAT become public knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 30October 26, 2021 6:34 PM

Is Jensen a cocksucker?

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2021 6:39 PM

This Jensen Ackles has a GAY mouth.

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2021 6:40 PM

Who the fuck is this nobody? I have only heard of him on DL.

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2021 6:41 PM

R33 eats old peoples' excrement!

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2021 6:56 PM

R33's pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2021 6:56 PM

I keep glancing at the title of the this thread and thinks it's Jennifer Eccles - a song by the Hollies ca. 1968- I Love Jennifer Eccles

by Anonymousreply 36October 26, 2021 7:01 PM

OP and speaking of getting attention, when was the last time anyone talked about an Alec Baldwin movie?

by Anonymousreply 37October 26, 2021 7:04 PM

Seriously, if you are a grown man watching CW shows that are made for teenage girls you're fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 38October 26, 2021 7:29 PM

[Quote] Besides, he was probably sucking off some production assistant when the accident occurred. Can't let THAT become public knowledge.

Your fanfic needs more work.

[Quote] Seriously, if you are a grown man watching CW shows that are made for teenage girls you're fucking pathetic.

Supernatural wasn't initially aimed at teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 39October 27, 2021 7:35 AM

Danneel? WTF? That sounds like a character in “Finding Nemo.”

by Anonymousreply 40October 27, 2021 7:41 AM

We need to talk about the fact that Jensen Ackles is a Datalounger! He's 43 but could pass for 23!

And according to some around here, he's a crypto-Republican (despite supporting Beto O'Rourke, Joe Biden, and Stacey Abrams) and a self-hating cocksucker. That's three for three in the Datalounger bingo card!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 30, 2021 4:02 AM

Despite all the attention, I have no fucking clue who he is and why I should want to know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 42October 30, 2021 4:20 AM

R42 the attention only comes from rabid Supernatural fans.

by Anonymousreply 43October 31, 2021 11:12 AM

He doesn’t bother me, but his stans do… just like the Beyhive or Charmies or Chalamet trolls. Their love for their idols is pathetic and at times, psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 44October 31, 2021 11:55 AM

Wow OP, that’s a far out story! The Fonz sure showed her!

by Anonymousreply 45October 31, 2021 11:56 AM

[quote] Jensin [sp] Ackles is hot.

Sorry. I fail to see it.

by Anonymousreply 46October 31, 2021 4:46 PM

Really good article that points out the "casual homophobia" surrounding the actors and conventions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 10, 2021 3:46 PM

Why did they keep supporting the show if the cast members dissed one of their core demographic groups? That is one way to combat gay-baiting.

by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2021 8:11 PM

It's all lies at R47.

Jared and Misha are VERY gay friendly.

Jensen is less so, but he doesn't hate gay people.

So STUFF IT!

by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2021 11:11 PM

Plenty of the fans were gay themselves, so that was not the reason that identifying as bisexual would have got a groan, it would have been because they could all foresee the question that was coming if that was the intro. Variations on that question had been asked many, many times before and the actors had made it clear each time they were not playing that game. The not-crazy fans groaned for the same reason Dataloungers groan when Supernatural fans start up.

by Anonymousreply 50November 11, 2021 2:00 AM

No, it isn't R49. This show and its main actors, aside from Collins, have been besieged by rumors of homophobia for years. As R47's posted article illustrates, there's a record of absurd comments from conventions, interviews etc.

Jensen Ackles is buddies with the Duck Dynasty crew, for Christ's sake.

That's a great article, R47. Thanks for posting it.

by Anonymousreply 51November 11, 2021 2:00 AM

Jensen Ackles read Castiel's lines in an exaggerated lisp onstage at a convention, said that Brokeback Mountain made him not want to do Western movies anymore, said that "unmanly" was the politically correct term for gay, and is consistently an abrasive cunt to anyone who even implies Destiel when he would never act that way to someone asking about any of Dean's female pairings, canonical or otherwise. At the most recent cons, he's been busy straightwashing Castiel's embarrassing Bury Your Gays death scene, saying it wasn't romantic, while his buddy Jared is busy chiming in with comparisons of homosexuality to incest and pedophilia onstage next to him.

Casual homophobia is an apt term.

by Anonymousreply 52November 11, 2021 6:42 AM

[Quote] and is consistently an abrasive cunt to anyone who even implies Destiel when he would never act that way to someone asking about any of Dean's female pairings, canonical or otherwise.

Because Jensen doesn't care for Destiel. He doesn't have to. Dean is straight so of course he's going to react differently to female pairings.

[Quote] At the most recent cons, he's been busy straightwashing Castiel's embarrassing Bury Your Gays death scene, saying it wasn't romantic,

Oh you mean telling the truth??

by Anonymousreply 53November 11, 2021 9:00 AM

Jensen isn’t even a good actor. I’ve seen the histrionics on Supernatural…Jared is no great shakes as an actor either. Hopefully they will disappear from television. American television and film is top heavy with undertalented people like these two.

by Anonymousreply 54November 11, 2021 2:46 PM

Not more threads with the Supernatural weirdos! As terrible as the show is, the fans are the worst aspect, even worse that the no talent actors. This thread is evidence of that.

by Anonymousreply 55November 11, 2021 3:00 PM

How has this man gotten so far with so little talent, I saw him singing on TikTok and it was like an alley cat screeching.

by Anonymousreply 56November 11, 2021 3:02 PM

I wish you nasty Supernatural HATERS would just go away.

You're evil, rotten people and HATEFUL BEASTS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 11, 2021 4:02 PM

Jesus fuck me, the Hateful Beast freak is back.

Only on a Supernatural thread. Only on a Supernatural thread.

by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2021 4:16 PM

Jensen's mom @ R49

by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2021 4:28 PM

He posed for XY Magazine, the gay teen magazine. For a Southern Baptist from Dallas, Texas, that's pretty neat to show his support to gays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 16, 2021 12:19 AM

R60 support?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61December 16, 2021 12:30 AM

Looking forward to seeing him in The Boys. In the comics his character is Bi and has sex with the Captain America guy.

by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2021 1:57 AM

R62 key words being [italic]in the comics[/italic]. Jensen ain't doing that for the show.

by Anonymousreply 63December 18, 2021 4:54 AM

Do we know for a fact that JA has never engaged in any form of the homosex, at any level? (including being blown by a guy)

by Anonymousreply 64December 18, 2021 3:27 PM

You'll have to ask Jared about that, R64.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 18, 2021 4:14 PM

Can't wait until Jensen wins his Emmy for The Boys, and you haters cry your eyes out!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66December 18, 2021 10:58 PM

R64 If such a thing happened there would already be a thread on here and LPSG about it.

by Anonymousreply 67December 19, 2021 11:18 AM

[quote] He posed for XY Magazine, the gay teen magazine. For a Southern Baptist from Dallas, Texas, that's pretty neat to show his support to gays.

It literally says on that link that it's for YM magazine, which was a publication for teen girls. You're just making shit up by falsely claiming that he posed for a gay magazine.

He most recently showed his support *for* gays by shoving a gay character back into the closet, R60.

by Anonymousreply 68December 20, 2021 6:28 AM

[quote] He most recently showed his support *for* gays by shoving a gay character back into the closet, R60.

What character is that, R68?

by Anonymousreply 69December 20, 2021 6:30 AM

R69 he's talking about Soldier Boy.

by Anonymousreply 70December 20, 2021 10:15 AM

Has Misha Collins ditched the bitch and made the switch yet?

by Anonymousreply 71December 20, 2021 1:22 PM

R71 what switch? He's been separated from Vicky for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 72December 20, 2021 1:33 PM

I have a female acquaintance, late 50s, who is absolutely obsessed with Supernatural and especially Collins.

As she likes to tell people:

[quote]My life changed forever on September 13, 2005. All it took were the words, "Dad's on a hunting trip and (ominous tone) he hasn't come home." Then when I thought it couldn't get any better my heart was captured on the premier episode of season 4 and I've never looked back.

She also despises any talk of Destiel and says those fans are nuts and not "true" fans.

She also adores John Barrowman and says she saw no issue with him taking his penis out and laying it on his co-stars as it was all "blown out of proportion by a fellow actor who really did sexually assault his co-workers. John is just playful and gets carried away." When I asked how her HR department would react if she exposed her vagina to her co-workers or rubbed her clit on them she didn't speak to me for days.

She also has (I believe) a rather unhealthy obsession with Rumplestiltskin from that Once Upon A Time show.

by Anonymousreply 73December 20, 2021 1:53 PM

Lol R73.

Hook me up with her! I want to be her friend.

Although she'd hate me because I'm a fan of Destiel. And now it's actually a REAL part of the story, because of Castiel's final episode.

Destiel IS now Supernatural "Canon."

And I think Misha should come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 74December 20, 2021 2:37 PM

Fan frauen are the worst. No one else is allowed to say anything good or bad about the celebrity that they obsess over. The term “keeper” suits them to a T.

by Anonymousreply 75December 20, 2021 2:43 PM

Has The Boys Season 3 come out yet?

I haven't heard anything about Jensen's debut on that show.

However, I don't have Netflix, so I don't think I'll be able to see him in his new role.

by Anonymousreply 76December 20, 2021 2:47 PM

I'm not really a Misha fan since I never watched Supernatural but I did tell her that I enjoyed the film he did with the chick from That 70s Show where they were Paul Bernardo and Karla Homulka.

She then went on to chastise me and inform me that Misha had disowned that film because he received backlash for playing a serial killer.

I asked why he hadn't researched the role or Bernardo better before doing the job and she just threw her hands up on the air and said it wasn't his fault people couldn't handle his "superior talents."

by Anonymousreply 77December 20, 2021 2:51 PM

I don't know why people are so down on Misha.

At the very least, he's a good liberal/progressive, and that should earn him some goodwill.

But for some reason, he has a few haters here who trash him on every Supernatural thread.

by Anonymousreply 78December 20, 2021 2:54 PM

This medorcrity hasn't as much as shown his bare ass, let alone his pinga. Why should we waste our beautiful minds on him?

by Anonymousreply 79December 20, 2021 3:18 PM

R79 Jensen has NO bulge at all. None.

I'm guessing he is a tiny meat.

He's lucky he has a pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 80December 20, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote] This medorcrity hasn't as much as shown his bare ass, let alone his pinga. Why should we waste our beautiful minds on him?

Jensen looks great shirtless.

He also has a cute butt.

by Anonymousreply 81December 20, 2021 8:39 PM

[Quote] Although she'd hate me because I'm a fan of Destiel. And now it's actually a REAL part of the story, because of Castiel's final episode. Destiel IS now Supernatural "Canon." And I think Misha should come out of the closet.

Only in your delusional mind. And Misha isn't gay.

[Quote] I don't know why people are so down on Misha. At the very least, he's a good liberal/progressive, and that should earn him some goodwill. But for some reason, he has a few haters here who trash him on every Supernatural thread.

I like Misha and he is definitely more progressive compared to the other two. He gets hate because Castiel "got in the way of Wincest" and ruined the show. Also for "baiting" the idiotic Destihell shippers. I get that his stans can be annoying but that happens in every fandom.

by Anonymousreply 82December 21, 2021 8:29 AM

Baldwin is still in the spotlight, not by choice.

I don't like him, I don't trust him.

He's hiding something.

by Anonymousreply 83December 21, 2021 8:34 AM

Jensen looks rough and much older than his age (does he smoke?)

He was a mercy hire for his role on The Boys. I don’t think his acting is up to that level, and it’s not even that high of a level.

I’ll watch though, cause I do watch the show. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

by Anonymousreply 84December 21, 2021 9:31 AM

[quote] He was a mercy hire for his role on The Boys. I don’t think his acting is up to that level, and it’s not even that high of a level.

Oh, please.

Jensen is a fine actor.

You're just being a nasty cunt.

And that's not a "mercy hire." Jensen could have had his own series if he wanted one.

Just like Jared.

by Anonymousreply 85December 21, 2021 5:37 PM

Jensen is taking a step back for Danneel and the kids. This is all his choice.

He could have a hit show on CBS getting all the Emmy awards or making Marvel movies that would blow Spider-Man out the water or doing serious work and getting multiple Oscars with the likes of Spielberg or Ridley Scott but he loves his family too much.

by Anonymousreply 86December 21, 2021 6:10 PM

R86

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 22, 2021 4:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!