Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone get a mix-and-match booster yet? Side effects?

I get a Moderna booster to go with my Pfizer vaccines from earlier this year. I am sucking down gallons of water now, hoping that prevents the dreaded flu-like symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 23December 25, 2021 12:12 AM

Why couldn’t you get another Pfizer?

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 4:24 PM

I would never do that. All the testing is based on consistency with the shots. The side effects will likely be the same for you if you stick with the SAME brand. I think a different brand may bring different side effects. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 4:24 PM

R1 - the science seems to be that mixing and matching is more effective. Also, Moderna was better more time out than Pfizer.

If I die, though, you can have my stuff. But you’ll have to fight my partner for it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 4:28 PM

I had the Pfizer vaccine and had a 4 month cough and a still inflamed lung, so I want to get a different booster.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 4:29 PM

I was a mixed Astra Zenica/Moderna, OP. No side effects aside from a sore arm and mild chills, and some are saying that mixed doses provide more protection. Anyway, I recently got another shot of Moderna for travel if needed, now it seems that wasn't necessary since other countries are recognizing mixed doses.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 4:30 PM

What’s all this “some say” the mixed vaccines are better. Who says that? Where are the studies?

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 4:31 PM

That's bullshit R2. All the data now suggests otherwise. Do some reading.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 4:33 PM

[quote]the science seems to be that mixing and matching is more effective. Also, Moderna was better more time out than Pfizer.

The science indicates that mixing AZ and an mRNA is more effective. There are no such studies on mixing the mRNA vaccines, as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 4:33 PM

Here’s a link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 4:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 4:35 PM

I’m not interested in may/maybe. I’ll take a third Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 4:37 PM

That Nature article makes it sound like mixing an adenovirus vaxx like AZ with an mRNA vaxx like Moderna is more effective than two doses of AZ. But what about the opposite? If you had Moderna first, is it more beneficial to get an AZ or J&J booster? Or should you continue with an mRNA booster? And does it matter if you mix Moderna with Pfizer? Or should you stick with one or the other?

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 4:50 PM

It doesn't really matter, OP. All the shots are lethal. You have ADE now! Enjoy winter!

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 5:15 PM

My husband had the J&J vaccine in June and got a Pfizer booster in August, with no adverse reactions of any kind to either shot.

YMMV, OP.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 7:55 PM

I am dosed.🤞

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 9:21 PM

18 hours later: only soreness where the needles went in (got the flu shot too).

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2021 2:53 PM

I had Moderna yesterday and the mood swings are the worst. Today I wept because I forgot to run the dishwasher overnight.

by Anonymousreply 17December 23, 2021 9:46 AM

My mother had AZ for her first two shots. She had a Pfizer booster last week. The next day she had muscle aches, bone aches (?) and was very tired. They all passed overnight and she is fine now.

Small price to pay for additional protection.

by Anonymousreply 18December 23, 2021 10:10 AM

Had Moderna for my first two, Pfizer for my booster. Felt a tad ickier with Pfizer but overall just had a sore arm. No other side effects. But then again, I didn't have any the first time.

by Anonymousreply 19December 23, 2021 10:31 AM

I had Pfizer for the first two shots, Moderna (half the dose) for the third one. Nothing weird happened.

by Anonymousreply 20December 23, 2021 11:11 AM

R17That sounds an awful lot like Menopause! FFS…Hope you’re feeling better. This is the first I’ve heard if mood swings; crying jags suck.

Two Moderna, one Pfizer for me. I couldn’t sleep after the Moderna jabs. I felt feverish, mildly agitated and restless. Nothing at all noticeable after Pfizer. Learning Moderna is more effective against Omicron; I wish I would have stayed with Moderna. Oh well, who knew. I’m certain these won’t be the last recommended jabs,”: plenty of opportunity to have another Moderna in the future I reckon.

by Anonymousreply 21December 23, 2021 3:57 PM

I encourage everyone who had two Pfizers and are considering switching to a Moderna not to.

Apart from the r21 describes my symptoms of being like menopause, as have women of Twitter.

Others still who went Pfizer-Pfizer-Moderna are describing feeling like they are taking meth, steroids or high doses of prednisone.

I will take the achy breaks fly symptoms of Pfizer over this ANY day.

by Anonymousreply 22December 24, 2021 11:53 AM

I got the Pfizer shots and booster. I got my booster yesterday. Today my arm aches, I feel weak and lightheaded. Also kind of achy. I hope it goes away by tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 23December 25, 2021 12:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!