Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dave Chappelle: Homophobe!

Why isn’t anyone talking about this stuff? From the transcript:

“He pushed the button, didn’t he? He pushed the button. Punched the LBGTQ community, right in the AIDS.”

In the rest he makes it clear that he has a problem with white gay men. Apparently everyone else does as well, since no one is talking about this part.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337November 5, 2021 7:13 AM

Dear OP, please get some actual problems. Or scurry back to Twitter. Why is everyone obsessed and so scandalised by this guy? He’s not causing climate change, subverting democracy or responsible for the greed and corporate terrorism has that is destroying the world. I don’t care what he has to say. It’s just words coming out of a mouth. Grow up y’all.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 3:00 PM

That joke was a total dud, but I really don’t think he’s a homophobe. That’s probably the worst joke in the set, I can’t think of another that’s that bad. The rest of the show is golden.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 3:06 PM

I'm a gay male who happened watched the Netflix special. I had no issues with his ACT and it made me laugh after a really shitty day. There are serious issues in this world that need to be dealt with. Dave Chappelle isn't one of them. Some people are so incredibly sensitive anymore. Put your big girl panties on (oh, I just cancelled myself).

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 3:06 PM

I think that someone of you are afraid to admit that this offensive because you want to appear masculine. He says that he prefers “old school gays”, in other words, when gay men had to hide, and were second class citizens. Is this what you want? Sounds like you have some issues with self-hatred.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 3:11 PM

This is a gossip board, so if people like r1 and r3 are going to demand we only care about serious issues in this world and not frivolous stuff like this, I have to wonder WHY they're even here.

Of course, they don't really think we should ignore all frivolous things, they're just saying that as a knee-jerk reaction to defend Chappelle.

The bottom line is that people are tired of the faux edgy comics who say things like Chappelle does. It's outdated and he just sounds like a Boomer crank, which he is.

It's not about "cancelling," because this guy has millions upon millions of dollars, he's friends with Elon Musk, Netflix will defend him to the ends of the earth, and he has a built-in fanbase of people like you who love to laugh at homophobic, sexist, angry old rich crank jokes at the end of a long day trimming petunias or whatever it is you do.

So why don't YOU put on your big girl panties and learn to just fucking DEAL with it when someone points out that sometimes some celebrities suck?

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 3:15 PM

Here’s a reminder of what people deal with, maybe you’ve forgotten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 3:17 PM

OP is a fat and ugly Divisive Cunt Troll. And when he opens his hideous pie hole and talks about white gay men vs black men, you must know where the son of a cuntwhore OP is heading.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 3:21 PM

[quote] The bottom line is that people are tired of the faux edgy comics who say things like Chappelle does.

Actually, what people are tired of is “cancel culture” and this new fear that people have of making jokes because they might offend *someone* *somewhere*.

You also misunderstood what Chappelle meant by “old school gays”. He meant the type who weren’t “he/him” Twitter activists, offended at everything.

Whatever, OP. Go ahead and be offended. But you’re not going to change the minds of anyone who isn’t hurt by this special. My gay boyfriend (who is HIV+, by the way) and I laughed our gay asses off at this special.

People who are offended by comedy are typically intellectually deficient in some way.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 3:22 PM

No one gives a shit OP, we don't think he's transphobic or homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 3:24 PM

“faux edgy comics” … Jesus Christ. If Chappelle is “faux” edgy, who exactly is *genuinely* edgy?

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 3:24 PM

R8, I'm r5 but I'm not the OP.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 3:26 PM

[quote]If Chappelle is “faux” edgy, who exactly is *genuinely* edgy?

No one who is a millionaire celebrity is truly edgy. They're mainstream, and mainstream entertainment isn't edgy.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]People who are offended by comedy are typically intellectually deficient in some way.

We have such children on DL these days.

Just because I don't like Chappelle anymore doesn't mean I'm offended by all comedy, and it doesn't make me special needs. Are you able to understand that concept? Or are you really, honestly unable to comprehend that? Are your feelings really hurt because some stranger on DL doesn't like Chappelle's old Boomer crank routine?

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 3:30 PM

[R8] What if I made a joke about your boyfriend? Maybe it’s a stupid joke about his face, and not needing a mask for Halloween? I’m sure he has issues with facial wasting. Maybe it’s one of those searching for a T cell jokes? Would you think that’s funny?

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 3:57 PM

r14 you sound very upset that someone has a different opinion about you than the one you wish to project.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2021 3:58 PM

I have a very good sense of humor, but this guy is barely funny.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2021 4:17 PM

R11 = Lurking racist peeing herself she could get the in under cover of our gay outrage.

Vomit her out.

Comedians are holy fools with Tourette's and their own damage who have the permission of the audience to say anything. So long as it is funny. "Funny" requires a complex combination of rightness that counters the "wrongness" of what's said.

I'm gay and I'm not offended, but I'm confused about his motives and intention. Chapelle feels like he's just flailing at times. And, with Sarah Silverman's courage in mind, I can share that he raped me. Right on his mama's see-ment cellar floor. And then he wanted me to fuck him. I didn't. He's not my type.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2021 4:22 PM

R11, what names do you call all the evil white politicians and religious zealots who are actually working right now to curb and reverse gay rights? Actively harming us, passing legislation?

Put a black face on a thread and watch people find a way to sneak in their biases and racism. R11, you’re an unfortunate person.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2021 4:35 PM

[quote]There are serious issues in this world that need to be dealt with. Dave Chappelle isn't one of them.

And white gay men aren't one of them either.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2021 5:01 PM

I forced myself to watch "The Closer". Hated it! I don't like the gratuitous use of the N-word. He is transphobic. I don't buy "some of my best friends are,".BS. I was nice to a trans person once so now I can say whatever hurtful thing I want to say. TERF is particularly offensive. Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist. That is fancy rhetoric that boils down to "chicks with dicks" He is rich and doesn't really care if he hurts people. Do you? He is obsessed with LGBTQ. If you like this sort of thing you will love The Closer. Otherwise watch "Four Hours at the Capital."

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2021 5:42 PM

[quote] Are your feelings really hurt because some stranger on DL doesn't like Chappelle's old Boomer crank routine?

No. As is plainly evident here, *I* am not the one with the hurt feelings.

And I’m still waiting to find out who the truly “edgy” comedians are, if not Chappelle. Or which comedians you like at all, if you’re so intelligent and informed about comedy.

Also, Chappelle is not a “boomer crank,” he’s just not a pussy Millennial/Gen-Z fag.

I’m so glad I don’t know any sour face homos in real life like the ones hissing on Datalounge all day long.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2021 5:59 PM

There's really nothing more homophobic than Gender Ideology, which claims effeminate gay males are really woman, that butch lesbians are really men, and that homosexuality is bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2021 6:09 PM

Exactly, R23. It’s homophobic gay erasure and conversion therapy.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2021 6:12 PM

Aww, man R18, I was hoping that nobody would acknowledge that post so we didn't give that toilet baby the attention he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2021 6:17 PM

R4...imposter

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2021 8:32 PM

R4...My mistake.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote]he just sounds like a Boomer crank, which he is.

He's not a Boomer. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2021 12:02 AM

You can be completely against cancel culture AND find Chapelle offensive. Doesn’t mean he should be cancelled or censored, but it is fine to acknowledge that his gay obsession is bizarre and not funny.

It’s becoming weirdly the reverse - if you criticize him - then suddenly you’re the one cancelled and accused of being humorless and a pussy and pathetic. How did THAT happen? He is standing up there making AIDS jokes and talking about how much homos love the taste of dick and most of datalounge think that frat boy shit is hilarious and starts hissing at everyone else to put their big boy pants on? Jesus Christ (MARY!!! I know).

I watched the entire special and thought it was shitty. Mocking and insulting other minorities while never saying a word about straight white men (who actually run everything) is bullshit. I don’t care about the trans shit if we are being honest, but I just felt like the gay jokes were stuff you would hear from nasty high school boys.

So yeah I guess I’m a little pussy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote] So yeah I guess I’m a little pussy bitch.

Yes, you are.

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2021 12:46 AM

R30, people who defend homophobes are pussies with no spine.

I bet you wanted to cancel all the football players who took a knee, because homophobic Republicans are the biggest pussies of all.

And when did criticizing people become "cancel culture"? Freedom of speech means freedom to criticize others. Chapelle can dish it out, but he sure can't take it

by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2021 12:53 AM

R23, that's not what trans people are claiming at all, actually. I thought you transphobes believe all transwomen were straight rapists....

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2021 12:54 AM

R8, the right-wingers who grandstand about cancel culture think freedom of speech means freedom from criticism.

Right-wingers invented the term "cancel culture"

What kind of low IQ, self-hating gay uses Republican talking points?

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2021 12:59 AM

I saw the special and I thought it was pretty funny. Chappelle was telling the truth, I didn't find anything homophobic.

I'm a white gay man and when Chappelle said that white gay men are minorities until they need to call the police - they're then white men first - I had to agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2021 12:59 AM

I am so sick of this new Puritanism in America atm. “ Burn them !!! . Burn everything, everyone until we get to the new purity. Only then will there be love and compassion . “ it is all so steeped in Religion and you don’t even realise it. Everyone and everything has to be loving or they are “literally killing people”. Meanwhile there are hundreds of thousands of Gays living under literal tyranny around the world and what do we hear? Crickets.

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2021 1:01 AM

R4 Could you be any more wrong? When he said he preferred "old school" gays--actually, he said he preferred "Stonewall" gays--he meant the opposite of what you're implying. He meant that he admired their in-your-face fearlessness. And R33, you're the one with the low IQ, you're just a part of the howling censorious mob, and they'll be happy to turn on you in the blink of an eye.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2021 1:14 AM

[Quote]I am so sick of this new Puritanism in America

This. The 'woke' don't seem to realize they're taking us closer and closer to fascism.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2021 1:22 AM

The "stigma" of HIV can be easily avoided by using a condom, but I forgot that would be "sex-negative" and "judgmental", right?

Ok, well, keep being YOU and enjoy your Biktarvy!

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2021 1:31 AM

The poster who said this cancel culture SJW nonsense is rooted in religion is absolutely correct. Younger generations are not religious, so this mindset is the replacement. Religion is such an integral part of American society, and the dogma/way of thinking has turned to other areas. This is the new Puritanism. The similarities are striking.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2021 1:44 AM

R37 Bullshit. The only people truly taking us closer to fascism are Trump, his cult followers (and 74 million voters), the Republican Party, and all those who quietly sit by and support their beliefs and actions that are slowly dismantling American democracy.

Call me when the "woke" stage an insurrection. Call me when the "woke" try to dismantle voting rights. Call me when the "woke" slowly phase out reasonable professionals to implant their loyal on state election boards to steal the next elections.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2021 2:02 AM

One thing I find hilarious is that Dave said nothing that hasn't been said on here a million times. The old school gays thing is classic DL. The sad truth is is that everyone is way too sensitive these days. And I know some white gays hate it, but you all know it's true. You act like a minority until it's no longer convenient to be a minority. It's like black people and code switching. White gays are constantly in and out of both worlds, when it's convenient. There is nothing wrong with doing what you need to do to make it through the day, just don't get pissed when someone wants to talk about it.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2021 2:13 AM

R40, wokeism doesn’t threaten democracy, but it is a major cultural issue. I would say it’s THE major cultural issue. No, not racism, not sexism or homophobia or (god help us) transphobia, but the hypercorrection in response to those issues. Not only is it ruining popular culture but it’s just worsening the divide between the left and the center-left/center/center-right.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2021 2:17 AM

R42 I don't completely disagree, but I don't fully agree either. Sure, the woke stuff is annoying as hell, often misguided, and yes, has an almost religious fundamentalist mindset aspect to it (I've pointed that out here before)...but I don't believe it's the "THE" cultural issue at the moment, or what's really at the center of it all. I think it feels that way because the right (and libertarians, pundits, media personalities, etc.) have quite brilliantly made it into a very effective boogeyman that they can pull out any time they want to shape/change/shift the conversation from what is really going on, deflect criticism, etc.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2021 2:35 AM

R43, I almost completely ignore what the right has to say about wokeism. The only complaints I’m really even familiar with are the ones coming from classic liberals like me. You know, heretics.

I imagine the right is using it as a cultural wedge issue to drum up outrage in their base and get them to the polls. And yes, it makes sense that they’d lean into that, along with abortion, so that their voters don’t notice (and they never do!) that conservative politicians exist to keep themselves rich. Same old.

But it really is a problem. It’s the one thing Democrats are getting very wrong. Frankly, it plays right into Republicans’ hands.

I know it’s not the biggest problem in the country right now, but I’d say it’s the biggest *cultural* problem. Separate from economics, climate, health care, of course.

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2021 2:53 AM

Being awake is not a bad thing. Wanting and working for social justice is not wrong. The problem, as it usually is in matters such as this, is the execution. Woke should be about moving forward; learning from the mistakes of the past so they don't get repeated. Being woke shouldn't mean washing away the past or being triggered by the ugly parts of it or shaming people for things that were done before any of us knew any better, it means mistakes were made and now our eyes are open so that we don't make those mistakes again.

by Anonymousreply 45October 23, 2021 3:10 AM

That’s just old fashioned liberal/progressive politics, R45. That’s different from the insanity that is woke activism & politics.

by Anonymousreply 46October 23, 2021 3:44 AM

[quote]Being awake is not a bad thing. Wanting and working for social justice is not wrong. The problem, as it usually is in matters such as this, is the execution.

THIS!

by Anonymousreply 47October 23, 2021 3:46 AM

[quote] It’s the one thing Democrats are getting very wrong. Frankly, it plays right into Republicans’ hands.

Definitely true. We have to stop taking the bait.

[quote] The problem, as it usually is in matters such as this, is the execution.

Exactly. The execution is off. Strategy, messaging, PR, etc. is incredibly important. Even Obama pointed that out to them, and then they went after him. I've always said the intentions are good/right, but the execution is deeply flawed.

by Anonymousreply 48October 23, 2021 3:48 AM

Chappelle is Muslim. I'm not familiar with the religion, but this may have something to do with his beliefs about homosexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 23, 2021 4:40 AM

I like Chappelle. He’s damn funny and right on the mark on pretty much most of his observations. Team Chappelle and freedom of speech and humor!

by Anonymousreply 50October 23, 2021 5:05 AM

It's always interesting how posters decide which side they are on. Me, I'm rather on the side of a member of the LGBT Community than some homophobe. And I'm sure as hell dismiss anyone who has to bend himself into a pretzel to come up with a reason why someone can still be a gay ally while siding with a homophobe including "oh, he is no homophobe ... he has gay friends, he said so!".

by Anonymousreply 51October 23, 2021 6:18 AM

I don't find him funny and I feel alienated by his comedy so I flat out just don't watch. It's that simple. It isn't cancel culture when you just don't give two fucks about what this man has to say. And, judging from the jokes people have posted, it doesn't seem like he has any insight into the LGBTQ community than any other bigoted, asshole straight male comic has had to say about us since the 60's.

by Anonymousreply 52October 23, 2021 7:06 AM

[quote]If Chappelle is “faux” edgy, who exactly is *genuinely* edgy?

This guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 23, 2021 9:51 AM

[quote]The "stigma" of HIV can be easily avoided by using a condom, but I forgot that would be "sex-negative" and "judgmental", right?

That's what you think. Try being a young boy who gets it from a blood transfusion and becoming the poster child of hate from other parents and being kicked out of school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2021 9:55 AM

He’s Muslim, they’re all homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2021 10:03 AM

Everything he said about the DaBaby incident shows how much he hates gays. People keep talking about the trans issue but that doesn't change the guy is an homophobe too

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2021 10:17 AM

Op didn’t watch the special or has comprehensive difficulties.

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2021 10:33 AM

[quote]pussy Millennial/Gen-Z fag.

[quote]sour face homos

More proof the anti-trans trolls are homophobes. Check out this guy's other posts if you're at all curious, he's all a rightwing nutjob. They're all rightwing nutjobs.

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2021 11:15 AM

His career has gone down the shitter. For me, he is irrelevant. When I hear anything about him these days the first thought that comes to me is, 'Who cares'.

by Anonymousreply 59October 23, 2021 11:29 AM

I'm honestly surprised how many people here seem to cosign his ' white gays are the worst and privileged ' rant. It wasn't even a joke, it was a rant. He hates gays because they are getting ' rights ' before black people, is that supposed to be funny?

by Anonymousreply 60October 23, 2021 11:36 AM

Maybe he prefers old school black gays on the Down low. But they claim they aren't gay, they just happen to fuck each other.

by Anonymousreply 61October 23, 2021 11:44 AM

And I'm sure as hell dismiss anyone who has to bend himself into a pretzel to come up with a reason why someone can still be a gay ally while siding with a homophobe including "oh, he is no homophobe ... he has gay friends, he said so!". R51.

Great now tell me how this different in how the Gay Community defends Islam?

by Anonymousreply 62October 23, 2021 1:39 PM

R53, THAT is your idea of edgy?

If so, that just confirms what I suspected. The anti-Chappelle posters just don’t understand or know anything about comedy. Woof.

by Anonymousreply 63October 23, 2021 3:11 PM

The anti-Chappelle posters have certain biases. This isn't about Chappelle as much as it is about other things at work here.

by Anonymousreply 64October 23, 2021 3:14 PM

[quote] More proof the anti-trans trolls are homophobes. Check out this guy's other posts if you're at all curious, he's all a rightwing nutjob. They're all rightwing nutjobs.

Yep. That’s right, I’m a right-wing nutjob despite having voted Democratic in every election the last 22 years. I’m also gay, so your accusation of homophobia is nonsense. Do I detest uptight prisspots? You bet. But that has nothing to do with “homophobia”.

It comes down to personality and intellect. You’re just too dumb to realize that the chip on your shoulder and your limited intelligence are what’s keeping you from laughing with the rest of us at The Closer.

by Anonymousreply 65October 23, 2021 3:16 PM

White people aren't allowed to criticize Chappelle.

Even gay ones.

by Anonymousreply 66October 23, 2021 3:21 PM

I’m not offended but I do find it interesting that all of the LGBTQ orgs are slamming him for talking about trans folks but don’t give a single fuck that he talks shit about gays too.

by Anonymousreply 67October 23, 2021 3:29 PM

I really don't care about the subject matter of his jokes -comedy can sometimes be hilariously offensive but I don't find him funny at all.

by Anonymousreply 68October 23, 2021 3:29 PM

That's a bullshit statement and you know it. The truth is the majority of Dave's fanbase is white. Go to one of his shows and you'll see. No one is free from criticism, just know what you're criticizing. Some of you are just like those people who get worked up about a headline and never read the story underneath.

by Anonymousreply 69October 23, 2021 3:31 PM

Chapelle knows what groups are on and off limits. Gays, yes Jews, no blacks, no, Muslims, no white women, yes

Bill burr walks the tightrope too and only lashes out at the correct targets. He still complains about cancel culture though.

by Anonymousreply 70October 23, 2021 3:34 PM

Chapelle is not pro-gay but he is pro-trans. All this trans with netflix stuff, is all BS. He’s not having openly gay men open for him, but he is having a trans person open for him. Yes, this trans person committed suicide, for which he left a considerable trust for the person’s child.

by Anonymousreply 71October 23, 2021 3:36 PM

Chapelle attacked Jews in his special too. Now THAT is daring!

by Anonymousreply 72October 23, 2021 3:39 PM

He’s a Muslim, R72.

by Anonymousreply 73October 23, 2021 3:41 PM

Name some openly gay comics.

by Anonymousreply 74October 23, 2021 3:47 PM

He made a lot of good, interesting points. He even criticized black people. I like that he spoke about DaBaby murdering a black man and nothing happening to him then.

by Anonymousreply 75October 23, 2021 3:49 PM

Tons of gay comedians.

Scott Thompson—who’s like the gay Sam Kinison.

That Buchuki White dude.

Some other guy who’s posted here. He has a podcast. Obsessed with Timothay.

Bowen Yang

Joel Kim Booster

by Anonymousreply 76October 23, 2021 3:53 PM

R75, the black community continued to support him. He can’t blame that on lgbt people.

by Anonymousreply 77October 23, 2021 3:54 PM

More openly gay male comedians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 23, 2021 3:55 PM

I think it's obvious that he dropped this little bomb because he knew it would blow-up on Woke media, drawing attention to a faded comedian's upcoming comedy blitz.

by Anonymousreply 79October 23, 2021 3:56 PM

They played right into this hands then, R79. He didn't create nearly this much controversy from his previous special where he talked about the same subject.

by Anonymousreply 80October 23, 2021 4:03 PM

Tim Dillon is openly gay and is the best comedian working today.

by Anonymousreply 81October 23, 2021 4:12 PM

R79, you think Chappelle is a “faded” comedian? Oh my lord.

by Anonymousreply 82October 23, 2021 4:13 PM

It's not exactly noble to say shitty things about groups just to make money off of the controversy that creates.

by Anonymousreply 83October 23, 2021 4:14 PM

The only real thing I've learned from all this is that Chappelle is only 48 years old. The man looks a decade older. I can't believe he must have been a teenager in "Men in Tights."

by Anonymousreply 84October 23, 2021 4:16 PM

That is certainly one (nutty and ridiculous) interpretation of his set, R83.

by Anonymousreply 85October 23, 2021 4:16 PM

R85, R83 didn't watch the special.

by Anonymousreply 86October 23, 2021 4:43 PM

DL's anti-trans brigade will defend Chapelle to their dying breath.

by Anonymousreply 87October 23, 2021 4:53 PM

I’m the most anti-trans here, I will never support trans rights (until ex-gays are given the same respect) and don’t support Chappelle. Chappelle isn’t anti-trans, however. He’s anti-gay.

by Anonymousreply 88October 23, 2021 4:56 PM

I don't give a shit if they keep it or not. I don't find him funny in this performance. I am allowed to dislike him and his act.

by Anonymousreply 89October 23, 2021 5:03 PM

R40 Can we call you while you're handing ammunition to the Trump fascists by the armload every day, 24/7? The public was so fed up with excessive political correctness BEFORE nonstop woke whining, it was a major factor in Trump's 2016 victory. Keep laying language land mines everywhere so that people who two years ago hadn't even heard about any of this are now ostracized because they chose the wrong, non-approved pronoun from the bewildering ungrammatical list, or are accused of being "cis," and they literally don't even know what the word means. Keep it up, just don't come to us all frightened when the fascists storm back into power because of the wonderful cultural war gift you've handed them.

by Anonymousreply 90October 23, 2021 5:31 PM

r90 you have to wonder if all these trans aren't a Trump dirty trick

by Anonymousreply 91October 23, 2021 6:12 PM

R91 It almost seems that way.

by Anonymousreply 92October 23, 2021 6:35 PM

It’s a Chappelle dirty trick.

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2021 6:40 PM

There was a big cause celebre in Texas a year ago about black transwomen getting murdered. Then it turned out they were all hookers and, as we know, hookers whatever their race or gender identity, always get murdered.

--Peter Sutcliffe

by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2021 8:10 PM

r84 he smokes like a chimney. That'll make a person look older.

by Anonymousreply 95October 23, 2021 8:26 PM

[quote] [R53], THAT is your idea of edgy?If so, that just confirms what I suspected. The anti-Chappelle posters just don’t understand or know anything about comedy.

OK Boomer. That guy is actually a comedian, his real name is Trey Crowder and he has been praised as one of the best new up and coming comedians by most of the people in the industry. But you probably wouldn't know that. He's broke the mold being from the south and being pro-gay, and very outspoken with his liberal view point. You just dont do that in southern red states. Chappelle is an old school racist anti-gay hater. He's rich, crusty, cranky and ingrained in society. By that definition he is not "edgy".

by Anonymousreply 96October 23, 2021 8:26 PM

Anthony Jeselnik is also a gay comedian, but he's not publicly out.

by Anonymousreply 97October 23, 2021 8:27 PM

R72 Not daring at all. Jews are white, and he as Black is allowed to be anti white racist even when Jews are concerned, while other categories of people would be slammed as anti semitic.

by Anonymousreply 98October 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Comedians are only edgy when they are young and hungry and just starting out. Once they get to the point of making millions, they basically become formulaic and careful not to fuck up their career with their base. Pissing other people off is not the same as being edgy. If Chappelle was actually edgy HIS BASE would be the ones pissed off. He's just playing to them like Trump to Deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 99October 23, 2021 8:38 PM

R96 Trey Crowder was supposed to be funny in R53? I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a comedy routine, it just seemed like an angry harangue. Chapelle is a thousand times funnier than that guy.

by Anonymousreply 100October 23, 2021 8:41 PM

He is a coward who attacks only easy targets. If he had any balls he would be making fun of his "straight" brothas on Down low particularly rappers, but he is too big a pussy for that.

And you know how can I tell a person who has a sense of humor from one who hasn’t. People who have sense of humor make fun of themselves, and those who hasn’t make fun of others, especially vulnerable ones.

by Anonymousreply 101October 23, 2021 8:42 PM

I thought the joke about glory hole loving old school gays was the funniest joke in the show.

I identify.

It could have been a joke by a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 102October 23, 2021 8:44 PM

But would Chapelle take a borderline racists jokes from a gay comedian cooly?

by Anonymousreply 103October 23, 2021 8:44 PM

Yes, R103.

by Anonymousreply 104October 23, 2021 8:50 PM

It's so fucking fascinating at how quickly the R101s of the world put on their hoods in discussions like this. When it's all said and done, you're just like the Trumpers. You're the problem.

by Anonymousreply 105October 23, 2021 8:52 PM

R104 He would cry "racism" to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 106October 23, 2021 8:52 PM

[quote] People who have sense of humor make fun of themselves, and those who hasn’t make fun of others, especially vulnerable ones.

I’m sorry—WHO exactly is vulnerable again?

by Anonymousreply 107October 23, 2021 8:52 PM

[quote][R96] Trey Crowder was supposed to be funny in [R53]? I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a comedy routine, it just seemed like an angry harangue. Chapelle is a thousand times funnier than that guy.

Because you have no sense of humor or idea of what is edgy racist Gradpa. If you knew anything about comedy you would have known his name. Lots of famous comedians have praised him.

by Anonymousreply 108October 23, 2021 8:53 PM

R104 Anyway, the comedian would be cancelled before Chapelle reacted.

by Anonymousreply 109October 23, 2021 8:53 PM

His good friend was a transman that the woke left pushed to suicide.

by Anonymousreply 110October 23, 2021 8:53 PM

R101 "Those who hasn't." There you go, that must be woke grammar. None of the Chapelle-bashers here have said anything about the last part of "The Closer," where he talks about the trans comedian he took under his wing, Really unbelievable. This sort of thing has a pedigree, though; white feminists have been slandering straight black men for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 111October 23, 2021 8:54 PM

R111 Those lil white bitches !

by Anonymousreply 112October 23, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote]None of the Chapelle-bashers here have said anything about the last part of "The Closer," where he talks about the trans comedian he took under his wing,

Yeah, like some of my best friends are black. They are the old school blacks who know their place not the uppity blacks that march in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 113October 23, 2021 8:56 PM

R111 How dare they saying anything against black straight men. Do you count those on the Down low in straights too?

by Anonymousreply 114October 23, 2021 8:56 PM

I'm a little surprised that Daphne has been brought up so rarely in this entire discussion, but I'm sure that the trannies and TRAs who protested in front of the Netflix offices don't give a shit about her. They probably think, off the record, "I'm glad that bitch killed herself".

by Anonymousreply 115October 23, 2021 8:57 PM

R96, you’re pathetic. So glad I don’t know you in real life. What a drag that would be.

“THIS is funny. This guy— he’s gay, he’s a redneck, and he’s outraged at conservatives. Does he have any actual clever jokes? NO! He’s *acknowledged* by most people in the industry! He doesn’t need jokes! He’s angry, he isn’t going to put up with conservatives, and that’s EDGY!”

Meanwhile Tim Dillon, who is also gay and actually funny, and definitely edgy, has one of the most popular podcasts in the country right now (I think it’s ranked #5 or 6, out of ALL podcasts, not just comedy) and sells out 6 consecutive shows at Caroline’s in NYC, but people on this bitchy site don’t even know a thing about him because you miserable cunts don’t know anything about comedy—this thread is conclusive proof of that.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 116October 23, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote] Because you have no sense of humor or idea of what is edgy racist Gradpa. If you knew anything about comedy you would have known his name. Lots of famous comedians have praised him.

Oy vey. The second-hand embarrassment I get from reading this is enough to make me cry.

by Anonymousreply 117October 23, 2021 8:58 PM

R111 Those straight black men need a little roasting. They brought so much Aids to black women.

by Anonymousreply 118October 23, 2021 8:58 PM

R105 You are so fucking right on. I say that as a white gay man who would immediately take offense at actual homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 119October 23, 2021 8:59 PM

R118 Fuck you, you racist scum.

by Anonymousreply 120October 23, 2021 8:59 PM

R120 Of course call me a racist for defending black women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 23, 2021 9:01 PM

R120 And this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 23, 2021 9:03 PM

[quote]“THIS is funny. This guy— he’s gay, he’s a redneck, and he’s outraged at conservatives.

Trey Crowder is NOT gay you cranky Boomer. He's married and has a kid. He doesn't want his kids to grow up in a homophobic world like the one Chappelle keeps the fire going for. The Liberal Redneck was a character he created.

by Anonymousreply 123October 23, 2021 9:03 PM

R120 You are a misogynist scum

by Anonymousreply 124October 23, 2021 9:04 PM

OP is triggered. Poor thing. Maybe turning off the TV and getting a life would help.

by Anonymousreply 125October 23, 2021 9:04 PM

R120 You women hating trash, who gave Aids to those women?

by Anonymousreply 126October 23, 2021 9:05 PM

Some of my best friends are black homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 127October 23, 2021 9:05 PM

Who are the KKKers pretending to be pro-black women?

by Anonymousreply 128October 23, 2021 9:06 PM

R128 And you are not a KKK for not caring that these women die of aids, you hypocrite trash

by Anonymousreply 129October 23, 2021 9:08 PM

R128 Hypocrite liars like you are the worst people that exist.

by Anonymousreply 130October 23, 2021 9:08 PM

R128 Maybe you are the "straight" man giving diseases to your girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 131October 23, 2021 9:10 PM

R129 Right, troll. We need to understand the Chapelle-bashers here for what they are. Anti-black racists who find the trans stuff to be a convenient opening through which to push their racist agenda. Nothing could be more obvious.

by Anonymousreply 132October 23, 2021 9:11 PM

Don't project your racism on me. And your whining emotional blackmail is deplorable. You are such a pussy, calling anyone who tells you truth anti black racist. Have some balls and use arguments istead of slurs, you pathetic frau queen.

by Anonymousreply 133October 23, 2021 9:14 PM

R132 Maybe you are anti white racist, but leave me out of your petty world.

by Anonymousreply 134October 23, 2021 9:16 PM

R132 You are a pathetic pussy, calling a racist someone who dislikes a homophobic humorless comedian

by Anonymousreply 135October 23, 2021 9:17 PM

NPR -- Dave Chappelle is using white privilege

Maher eventually brought up an article from NPR about Chappelle that accused him of “using white privilege to excuse his homophobia and transphobia.”

“Wait, now Dave Chappelle can have white privilege?” he asked rhetorically. “I’m really confused now.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 23, 2021 9:26 PM

This thread should be deleted. I’m reporting all of you to the principal.

by Anonymousreply 137October 23, 2021 9:32 PM

R136 Jokes about gays, trans and feminsts, all show that the guy is just a pussy or should I say dick.

by Anonymousreply 138October 23, 2021 9:33 PM

R133 You don't seem very bright, and so I don't think I totally understand what you're saying. Maybe you could cite some instances of things you've done in support of HIV-positive black women, since that's the peg you're hanging your anti-black-male attacks on.

by Anonymousreply 139October 23, 2021 9:33 PM

Hah. Most people in the towns you all ran away from do not now who Chappelle is.

by Anonymousreply 140October 23, 2021 9:38 PM

R139 Should I go and kick the asses of the MF that bring disease to women, of which you are obviously one, you genies?

by Anonymousreply 141October 23, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote]Jokes about gays, trans and feminsts, all show that the guy is just a pussy or should I say dick.

Then what does that make DL? Is everyone on a DL or a dick? Have you seen the threads on here?

by Anonymousreply 142October 23, 2021 9:39 PM

You've got to love the obliviousness of some moron calling out the misogyny of, in his words, a "frau" queen. How do you get to be that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 143October 23, 2021 9:40 PM

R141 Can anyone translate this?

by Anonymousreply 144October 23, 2021 9:42 PM

R143 What can you do when there is no better word to describe you. You are such a whiny queen that only knows how to cry: racism, when you have no arguments. I wasn't offending women, but you. And calling me stupid is just your projecting the non existence of any brain cells in your ignorant head. You think that by using all the offensive language and slurs you can erase the truth, you pathetic whining coward. So if the facts from health authorities are not acceptable to your false mage, too bad for the facts.

by Anonymousreply 145October 23, 2021 9:51 PM

R143 You can burst with slurs and insults, but you can not explain why do black women have aids in such a high percentage. Who infested them?

by Anonymousreply 146October 23, 2021 9:55 PM

Chappelle is just picking up where anti-gay comedians like Eddie Murphy, Andrew Dice Clay and Sam Kinison ended, right down to the AIDS jokes.

by Anonymousreply 147October 23, 2021 9:56 PM

R143 Why when they made14% of American women, they made about 66% female Aids patients. Has it anything to do with irresponsibility of their male partners?

by Anonymousreply 148October 23, 2021 9:59 PM

R145 So "frau" is the only word you can come up with to describe someone who you think is a terrible person--but that's not misogynist? And you became concerned about the high levels of HIV among black women when exactly? When I said the attacks on Chapelle might be racist?

by Anonymousreply 149October 23, 2021 10:21 PM

R149 Yea, shuld have have said you were a stinky hole, so nobody wants to fuck you, that is why you are so angry.

by Anonymousreply 150October 23, 2021 10:26 PM

R150 Yeah, that's what you should have said, you fucking halfwit. Everything you've said here has been embarrassingly stupid. Why do you expose yourself to ridicule?

by Anonymousreply 151October 23, 2021 10:30 PM

R151 You can ridicule someone, you brainless retarded fatass? Look I'm not gonna fuck you no matter how you try to seduce me with your dirty language. I just won't. Nobody else wants to, so why would I be the victim. And you probably have diseaes.

by Anonymousreply 152October 23, 2021 10:38 PM

R151 Okay, I'm done. There's something wrong with you. Are you institutionalized? Why do you think anyone is trying to seduce you? Never mind. I don't want to know.

by Anonymousreply 153October 23, 2021 10:46 PM

Yeah, you're done when I said I'm not gonna fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 154October 23, 2021 11:05 PM

R153 You insatiable but unfuckable bottom!

by Anonymousreply 155October 23, 2021 11:17 PM

R154 Maybe you could get one of the attendants there on your ward to fool around with you, since you seem to have it on the brain?

by Anonymousreply 156October 23, 2021 11:17 PM

Someone on this thread is really unhinged, create your own thread if you want to obsess over women with HIV.

[quote]He is a coward who attacks only easy targets. If he had any balls he would be making fun of his "straight" brothas on Down low particularly rappers, but he is too big a pussy for that. And you know how can I tell a person who has a sense of humor from one who hasn’t. People who have sense of humor make fun of themselves, and those who hasn’t make fun of others, especially vulnerable ones.

Chappelle is all about the subtext and he knows there is a world of difference between laughing with people and laughing at people. It's obvious that not only have a lot of people in these threads not watched the Closer, they haven't watched any of Chappelle's other Netflix specials either. People like R101 haven't even watched his sketch TV series “Chappelle’s Show” if they had watched it they'd know that he can laugh at himself and he has.

by Anonymousreply 157October 24, 2021 12:22 AM

R90 Nice try trying to gaslight and shift the blame. Does not work here. For the record, I never mentioned anything about trans shit. I just pointed who is actually championing fascist ideology, and who is doing the dirty work - in plain site - to steal the next elections. Anyone with common sense can see that. But go ahead, keep blaming the evil boogeyman left and their PC shit for all of society's problems and see how ridiculous you sound. As I said multiple times in this thread, it's a serious issue, and I don't care for any of it myself...but it's not the same. Cut the crap perpetuating false equivalencies. When I see the left stage an insurrection, gerrymander like hell, strip voting rights, purge election boards, blindly follow a neofascist authoritarian cult leader, and stage a slowing moving coup in plain site, then maybe I'd believe you. But that twist-the-blame logic game you're playing is completely transparent. Sorry, but that shit ain't going to work here on those of us who pay attention to actual facts, and have actually put our money and our vote where it counts our entire lives.

by Anonymousreply 158October 24, 2021 2:52 AM

For the defense

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 24, 2021 6:44 AM

Dave Chappelle: Homophone!

by Anonymousreply 160October 24, 2021 7:35 AM

R156 I know what your sloppy hole wants, if I gsve you the dick you would admitt that Chapelle sucks. But I won't give you, becsuse you're such an ugly and nasty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 161October 24, 2021 8:51 AM

R156 If you met Chapelle somewhere on the Down Low bet he wouldn't wanna fuck you too, so you are defending him in vain.

by Anonymousreply 162October 24, 2021 9:00 AM

R156 Maybe youbwould have more luck with straight guys. Since you are a such a pussy they might wanna fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 163October 24, 2021 9:14 AM

You gotta love all the little Fascists in here who pretend that they don’t use racist language all the time on here. lol

by Anonymousreply 164October 24, 2021 10:02 AM

Oh, boo-hoo-hoo. OP’s feelings are hurt.

by Anonymousreply 165October 24, 2021 10:03 AM

R164 Look, if someone doesn't like some not funny homophobic black comedian doesn't mean they are racists, maybe they just don't like a homophobe and comedian without a sense of humour.

by Anonymousreply 166October 24, 2021 10:30 AM

Dave dares to say what most people think.

Trans activists are just mad that they can't control the thoughts of the majority. But they do try.

by Anonymousreply 167October 24, 2021 1:23 PM

R167 But that's not the point of this thread. It's about his homophobia not about his transphobia, and the guy is an homophobe and he is not even pretending he is not

by Anonymousreply 168October 24, 2021 1:41 PM

He seems like an equal opportunity jokester, but he doesn't strike me as a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 169October 24, 2021 1:44 PM

He is^. He’s not a transphobe, though.

by Anonymousreply 170October 24, 2021 1:46 PM

Not really.

by Anonymousreply 171October 24, 2021 1:53 PM

What the outrage mob is missing about this is the entire final 20 minutes of the special. He tells a very sweet and sad story about the trans comic he befriended, let open for him, then killed herself after being subjected to online bullying by the Twitter mob after publicly defending him.

It is very sad, empathetic, and human. I don’t expect that anyone complaining has actually WATCHED the special because with the outrage culture we live in right now, it’s all talking points and hysterics based on a few clips posted on Twitter.

We have no context, no empathy, no pragmatism, no understanding anymore because a very small subset of the population has gotten an enormous amount of power from being perpetually outraged about everything and trying to control the speech, thoughts, and perceptions of others.

Trans people really, really need to start looking inward to fix their issues. Because trying to change everyone else isn’t going to make them whole or happy.

by Anonymousreply 172October 24, 2021 2:27 PM

I don't care if he's a homophobe (I don't think he is, but some people insist on painting him that way). He's entitled to his opinion. Don't like it? Don't watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 173October 24, 2021 2:56 PM

R173 Just as we are entitled to have opinion on him.

by Anonymousreply 174October 24, 2021 2:59 PM

I insist he is because he’s never had a gay male stand up open for him. He did have a trans. For all the anti-gay jokes, the AIDS jokes—coupled with not getting work for openly gay make comics but getting work for trans people? He is.

by Anonymousreply 175October 24, 2021 3:00 PM

So why try to cancel him if it's just an opinion? This is silencing him.

by Anonymousreply 176October 24, 2021 3:00 PM

*male

by Anonymousreply 177October 24, 2021 3:00 PM

It's comedy people. Relax.

by Anonymousreply 178October 24, 2021 3:01 PM

It’s not comedy. It’s hate.

by Anonymousreply 179October 24, 2021 3:02 PM

I think he *prefers trans people as do lots of people. Trans is a form of reparative therapy and people are more comfortable with trans people. I see it even in my daily life.

by Anonymousreply 180October 24, 2021 3:04 PM

I love Dave Chappelle. He's super funny.

by Anonymousreply 181October 24, 2021 3:11 PM

The word "hate" gets tossed around so much that it has lost all meaning.

by Anonymousreply 182October 24, 2021 3:15 PM

Add the words violence and assault to that and I'm right there with you R182. That trio of words have lost any impact or real meaning.

by Anonymousreply 183October 24, 2021 3:18 PM

The people defending Chapelle would be the same people defending Kinison and Murphy back in 1987. You’re obvious and you’re boring.

by Anonymousreply 184October 24, 2021 3:18 PM

Hehe, Murphy wasn’t so homophobic when it came to drag queens.

Anyway, he was good as the Ass in Shrek, must have good ass in real life too.

by Anonymousreply 185October 24, 2021 4:11 PM

R143 As a woman I am not insulted by this poster calling you frau queen, because there are far worse. I was offended by harsher words on this forum, trust me. But I am not gonna cry over it.

But, I didn’t see any racist or black hating post here. As a European woman that doesn’t know personally and have nothing against African Americans I ask you honestly, how do you intend to be equal to whites if any time someone comments on a black person you start acting like a child, or as offended maiden. If you start yelling and hissing that every statement about a black person that is not entirely positive is racist, sorry, but you can not be taken seriously. You are on a gay site and people are commenting some homophobic remarks of a public person. And comments were so moderate, if I was a gay man my comment would have been much worse.

by Anonymousreply 186October 24, 2021 4:30 PM

Woke comedy is almost never funny. Seth Meyers is a great example. He's so anxious to be woke, he hired an unfunny Chinese woman writer, an unfunny black woman writer, an unfunny Puerto Rican lesbian writer. Though he hasn't yet hired I think a trans writer, so there's still progress to be made.

When Seth can't do Trump jokes, he's stuck for material.

by Anonymousreply 187October 24, 2021 5:22 PM

When are trans going to cancel Ricky Gervais? In his Netflix special he was absolutely scathing about Caitlyn Jenner and trans' "dead names".

by Anonymousreply 188October 24, 2021 5:25 PM

"Now Caitlyn Jenner, of course. What a year she’s had! She became a role model for trans people everywhere, showing great bravery in breaking down barriers and destroying stereotypes. She didn’t do a lot for women drivers. But you can’t have everything, can ya?"

by Anonymousreply 189October 24, 2021 5:59 PM

R172, the story about the trans that killed itself over alleged "Twitter mob" bullying sounds like bs to me. From what I've read the so-called bullying was months apart from the suicide. This person likely had mental issues prior. He was an adult male over 40 years old, not some naive child who doesn't understand how the internet works. And the fact that they are blaming LGBT, that includes the L,G and the B for his death is infuriating. I'm not responsible for the death of some heterosexual transvestite, nobody is. His money grubbing family and Dave can shove it.

by Anonymousreply 190October 24, 2021 6:29 PM

I totally believe the Trans Twitter mob destroyed that comic, but don't want to admit because they would have to face some ugly truths about themselves. Isn't that right R190?

by Anonymousreply 191October 24, 2021 6:50 PM

Do 40 year old men kill themselves over online bullying?

by Anonymousreply 192October 24, 2021 6:57 PM

Honestly the trans-friend story sounds way too convenient, is he actually blaming the twitter mob for the suicide?

by Anonymousreply 193October 24, 2021 7:02 PM

I watched this special, and while some things he said kinda made me cringe, taken as a whole, I don't believe he wishes ill on anyone. If you have a negative preconception going in, you'll find it offensive, I suppose. There are other far more egregious examples of homo- & trans-phobia out there.

by Anonymousreply 194October 24, 2021 7:06 PM

Whom shall we cancel next? Mr. Rogers? He didn’t acknowledge Lady Elaine’s lesbianism!

A lot of this is a reach. People read much too far into things and enjoy being offended.

by Anonymousreply 195October 24, 2021 7:12 PM

The twitter trans taliban cancelled JK Rowling so they sure could destroy a little known comic.

by Anonymousreply 196October 24, 2021 8:11 PM

Dave Chappelle told a few fag jokes. It happens.

by Anonymousreply 197October 24, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote] It’s not comedy. It’s hate.

LOL. Your comment, however, *is* comedy.

by Anonymousreply 198October 24, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote] The twitter trans taliban cancelled JK Rowling so they sure could destroy a little known comic.

Who is this “little known comic” of whom you speak?

by Anonymousreply 199October 24, 2021 8:33 PM

Oh, Daphne. Sorry, R196—I skipped around a bunch.

by Anonymousreply 200October 24, 2021 8:34 PM

[quote] Whom shall we cancel next? Mr. Rogers?

Absolutely cancel that perv

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 24, 2021 8:36 PM

R196, neither of those people are canceled. They are still rich and famous. How low does your IQ have to be to think rich celebrities are the real victims? Republicans like you have more in common with the Taliban since you're all religious fanatics who hate gays, are pro death penalty and anti-choice

by Anonymousreply 202October 24, 2021 8:36 PM

R21

[quote] TERF is particularly offensive. Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist. That is fancy rhetoric that boils down to "chicks with dicks"

No Rose.

by Anonymousreply 203October 24, 2021 8:38 PM

R195, the Republicans who accuse others of being easily offended get bent out of shape by people kneeling for the national anthem

R191 will accuse the Twitter mob of being "overly sensitive" and yet whine over someone who supposedly committed suicide over some mean comments on the internet

by Anonymousreply 204October 24, 2021 8:39 PM

R188, I thought you Republicans loved Caitlin Jenner and wanted her to be governor of California

by Anonymousreply 205October 24, 2021 8:40 PM

R187, Seth is way funnier than you are. All the funniest comics are liberals. Republicans aren't funny. Look at Larry the Cable Guy.

People who use "woke" as a pejorative are just Republicans with low IQs. Woke = smart

by Anonymousreply 206October 24, 2021 8:42 PM

Chappelle sucks now!!!

by Anonymousreply 207October 24, 2021 8:42 PM

Black people can't be homophobic. It's not physically possible.

by Anonymousreply 208October 24, 2021 8:44 PM

R193, Yes, and right wing loons/"TERFs" took that as an opportunity to blame LGBT, saying "we bully our own to death". Even though most of the deaths and suicides of LGBT people is do to the harassment and bigotry they face from religious/ republican/ conservative trash.

by Anonymousreply 209October 24, 2021 8:46 PM

R186

[quote] As a European woman that doesn’t know personally and have nothing against African Americans I ask you honestly, how do you intend to be equal to whites if any time someone comments on a black person you start acting like a child, or as offended maiden.

Sure Boris, um, Natasha.

After all, part of Russia *is* in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 210October 24, 2021 8:47 PM

R182, the word "cancel" has no meaning anymore. Right-wingers like you use it to describe anyone who receives any criticism or blowback anymore. Anyone who receives even the slightest criticism is now a "victim" of "cancel culture"

Sharon Osborne is portrayed as some victim because she got paid millions to leave a show. Boo hoo.

I always wonder about "straight" guys who obsess over gay and trans people. Why are they so obsessed with something that doesn't concern them?

by Anonymousreply 211October 24, 2021 8:51 PM

Is Chappelle a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 212October 24, 2021 8:59 PM

R120 Haha, I would rather say an offended whore.

by Anonymousreply 213October 24, 2021 9:01 PM

Here's what Margaret Atwood has been hit with just for taking a nuanced (and confusing) position. Now she's backpedaling as fast as she can, but it's too late for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 24, 2021 9:02 PM

If this homo phobe were white, he'd have already been cancelled. The end.

by Anonymousreply 215October 24, 2021 9:11 PM

R214 - Some of those people were threatening Atwood with death, but Twitter doesn't ban them. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 216October 24, 2021 9:11 PM

The Trans Taliban are wrong to assume all gays support them. They are wrong to think all Democrats support them. They are a distraction which, due to their massive sense of entitlement, are helping the rightwing and hurting gays.

by Anonymousreply 217October 24, 2021 9:40 PM

R210 Offended whore would be more accurate.

by Anonymousreply 218October 24, 2021 9:58 PM

So you guys think Chapelle bottoms on the Down low?

by Anonymousreply 219October 24, 2021 10:04 PM

I'm not sure, but I know he does phone sex with white dudes.

by Anonymousreply 220October 24, 2021 10:06 PM

[quote]Jokes about gays, trans and feminsts, all show that the guy is just a pussy or should I say dick. "Then what does that make DL? Is everyone on a DL or a dick? Have you seen the threads on here?"

No one on the DL is making millions of dollars by doing it.

Most people in America have never even heard of the DL. Chappelle has millions of followers who OK whatever he says and internalize it as truth.

by Anonymousreply 221October 24, 2021 10:12 PM

Chappelle said nothing wrong or troubling. But hate speech is hate speech. If you're calling what Dave said hate speech, then DL spews hate speech too, regardless if no one knows what DL is or not.

by Anonymousreply 222October 24, 2021 10:16 PM

R210 Or did you become virgin again after long period of dryness? Cause I've got a feeling that ass of yours has been pounded well some 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 223October 24, 2021 10:16 PM

R220 He sure is an ugly motherfucker. Gotta have a good stomach to fuck this.

by Anonymousreply 224October 24, 2021 10:19 PM

He is black, so he gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 225October 24, 2021 10:19 PM

[quote]Chappelle said nothing wrong or troubling. But hate speech is hate speech. If you're calling what Dave said hate speech, then DL spews hate speech too, regardless if no one knows what DL is or not.

If a tree falls in the woods but no one is there to hear it, did it really make a sound? Sorry but DL is as irrelevant like that tree. Annoyances comments on a chat board are not influencing any great mass of people. Chappelle is very famous, very rich and known around the world. What he says has great power. There's a saying "with great power comes great responsibility"

by Anonymousreply 226October 24, 2021 10:21 PM

R226 But he is just s plain trash, he doesn't know the word responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 227October 24, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote] I'm not sure, but I know he does phone sex with white dudes.

Umm… what?! Details please.

And this had better be good.

by Anonymousreply 228October 24, 2021 11:10 PM

This show was one big "fuck-you" to gay people. The gay community wrecked DaBaby's life and Kevin Hart's life? Come off it. Why don't you tell another AIDS joke while you're at it, Dave? Then he capped it off by playing the ultimate gay anthem "I Will Survive" at the close.

by Anonymousreply 229October 25, 2021 12:57 AM

I thought this was the ultimate gay anthem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230October 25, 2021 1:13 AM

Not talking about Daphne? Fuck off. There were tons of comments in the other thread, including my own pointing out that a)Dave's story about Daphne was only ostensibly about Daphne. Mostly it was about Dave and what a great and definitely not transphobix guy Dave is. Just look at this tran he befriended! What a guy! How could anyone call him a transphobe after befriending this pathetic, unfunny tran? Some people on this thread need to google the "but I have a black friend" trope and understand why people make fun of it/use it as a way to ID racists.

Even y'alls are not "talking about" Daphne. You're just using her as proof your "edgy" idol (fucking LOL) isn't a transphobe.

And no, I don't want Dave cancelled. If someone gave me the power right now to take down the NF special I wouldn't. It's not my right or my job to decide what other people say or watch or find funny. I fully agree there are whole factions of the left who have gone counterproductively batshit insane (how many of those people are actually trans though, I wonder?). But this version of Dave Chappelle as edgy and brave? A 50 year old multi millionaire with an audience full of big stars and a $24m Netflix contract? Sorry, no. He used to be a lot edgier and a lot funnier (I've seen all his specials) and then he got successful. He also got old. It happens to the best of us, and if your getting old coincides with your getting rich, it's amazing how conservative and closed-minded some people can turn out to be.

by Anonymousreply 231October 25, 2021 1:20 AM

R158 Gosh, now that you've opened my eyes and made me realize that you're the only person around here who opposes Trump and fascism and the only person (I mean, you and the others like you on the thread) who have given money to the Democrats and voted for them, I feel like I can sit back and relax. Your paranoia and your ability to detect malicious plots, even when there's nothing there to detect, seemingly, gives me confidence that vigilant little sentries like you will always be able to protect us from the right. They will never come back. You will always be on the lookout to make sure the left doesn't stage an insurrection, etc., and if they do, you'll warn us and save democracy, and you will never make a mistake, and I know that since you're smart enough not to see any difference between having an opinion about excessive PC and wanting to gerrymander and--I don't know what else--overthrow the government, you will always keep your head and never outlandishly confuse completely different things.

Are you the same poster who seems to be a sexual psychotic?

I don't know

by Anonymousreply 232October 25, 2021 1:25 AM

This is a better bit on political correctness than anything Dave Chappelle has ever done. Over a decade old, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 25, 2021 1:29 AM

[quote]More openly gay male comedians.

Christopher Hitchens was right. You can't be gay, or a woman, and funny.

by Anonymousreply 234October 25, 2021 1:42 AM

R232 Nice try. Again.

by Anonymousreply 235October 25, 2021 5:31 AM

Elizabeth Taylor is so fat! How fat is she?

by Anonymousreply 236October 25, 2021 8:45 AM

R210 Do you have s big black muscley booty? Or are you a white woke male Karen?

by Anonymousreply 237October 25, 2021 8:56 AM

"Christopher Hitchens was right."

This comment was never true in any situation.

by Anonymousreply 238October 25, 2021 1:38 PM

R232 No he isn’t me. But I see you can’t do without me. Seducing me all the time, then you’ll say I’m psycho freak. Bet you are waving around and provoking with that big butty then accuse guys for being agressive.

by Anonymousreply 239October 25, 2021 1:45 PM

BTW the Republicans see running on gender dogma a winning issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 25, 2021 6:38 PM

R240 Because it is.

Most people are not as interested in others as to remember their pronoums and gender theory is an alien for the majority of the population (and people have strong reactions to that).

Fortunately for the democrats it's not a big issue unless they are totally stupid to cave in that debate

by Anonymousreply 241October 25, 2021 6:54 PM

R241 never underestimate Democrats' penchant for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

by Anonymousreply 242October 25, 2021 7:53 PM

They can win on culture issues and often do

by Anonymousreply 243October 25, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote] Chappelle said nothing wrong or troubling. But hate speech is hate speech. If you're calling what Dave said hate speech, then DL spews hate speech too, regardless if no one knows what DL is or not.

There are several issues at hand.

Laughing WITH someone vs. Laughing AT someone. I don't get the sense that both Chappelle and his audience laugh with minorities Chappelle makes fun of.

A stranger calling you the n-word is different from a close friend calling you the n-word (n-word, please!). Different boundaries for different people or groups of people.

by Anonymousreply 244October 25, 2021 8:24 PM

Says the man next to me out of nowhere

It's apropos of nothing, he says his name is William

But I'm sure he's Bill or Billy or Mac or Buddy

… And he's plain ugly to me

by Anonymousreply 245October 25, 2021 8:28 PM

[quote] Fortunately for the democrats it's not a big issue unless they are totally stupid to cave in that debate

Ask our new tranny Admiral about that

by Anonymousreply 246October 25, 2021 9:54 PM

If a white gay comedian made the same kind of jokes about black people all hell would break lose. Especially when he finished it off with some of my best friends are black guys so I cant be racist.

I doubt gays would be rushing to defend him like Chappells fans are saying get over it, just a joke, you are all too sensitive about race.

by Anonymousreply 247October 25, 2021 10:16 PM

This guy is so Extra..bye.

by Anonymousreply 248October 26, 2021 12:31 AM

Call us when black people get as insane as the trans rights activists are, R247, and we’ll talk.

by Anonymousreply 249October 26, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote]Call us when black people get as insane as the trans rights activists are, [R247], and we’ll talk.

Ring Ring it's 2020 Black Live Master protest for months on end fallowed by riots.

by Anonymousreply 250October 26, 2021 1:17 AM

In fairness to the trannies they aren't burning cities.

Yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251October 26, 2021 1:17 AM

Many black people, even women, were celebrating when Cosby was released from jail. They had zero compassion for raped women. So no wonder black gay men here defending a black homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 252October 26, 2021 6:47 AM

Remember the OJ trial? Most the the black community was celebrating when he was found not guilty. He had an all black jury if I recall. Zero compassion for the two people he murdered. All about defending the black guy just because he was black, could do no wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253October 26, 2021 8:11 AM

I don’t necessary agree with Chapelle’s views, but I concur that activists need not make demands of him and need to humble or respectful in interacting with him. He clearly has the upper hand, not only with Netflix, but also the masses. Don’t try to demand he do anything. Approach him in good faith and respect to dialogue and hope that alone has a positive impact.

by Anonymousreply 254October 26, 2021 12:05 PM

R254 Why would I have a dialogue with an ugly fuckface. I don't give a shit about that homophibic uggo.

by Anonymousreply 255October 26, 2021 12:35 PM

R254 Trump is followed by even bigger masses, yet I don't have a dialogue with him. Why would I want to have a dialogue with this homophobic comedian, that I don't even find funny.

by Anonymousreply 256October 26, 2021 12:40 PM

[quote]Approach him in good faith and respect to dialogue and hope that alone has a positive impact.

And Black guys should do the same and respect and approach White supremacist in the same way instead of demanding they agree with their viewpoint on race. Cant have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 257October 26, 2021 12:40 PM

America sees black men and Trans above gay people. There won’t be outrage about his homophobia because the general public doesn’t see it as something wrong. In fact, they agree with him. Chappelle and the Trans loons are a snake with two heads. They have more in common than they realize.

by Anonymousreply 258October 26, 2021 1:04 PM

r85 and r86, I didn't make that comment about his special, but about the conversation people were having on this thread at the time about how they were sure Chappelle said all the things he did just to get attention and make money from controversy. The context was clear, not sure how you missed it.

by Anonymousreply 259October 26, 2021 1:11 PM

R257, black people are at least twice as numerous as gays; much more unified and organized; and much more self-assure than gays. Moreover, their race isnt an affront to traditional religious authority, which makes it much easier to gain allies.

by Anonymousreply 260October 26, 2021 1:12 PM

[quote]America sees black men and Trans above gay people. There won’t be outrage about his homophobia because the general public doesn’t see it as something wrong.

I'm the bigger victim! No, I'm the bigger victim!

by Anonymousreply 261October 26, 2021 1:13 PM

[quote]What the outrage mob is missing about this is the entire final 20 minutes of the special. He tells a very sweet and sad story about the trans comic he befriended

No one is missing it, it's been mentioned dozens of times on DL threads, and everyone else is leaving it alone, because it's "some of my best friends are black" with "black" crossed out and "trans" written above it in crayon.

by Anonymousreply 262October 26, 2021 1:14 PM

Trans people have chosen the wrong target this time. They're not going to win this one. But that's what happens when you overreach. This entire Chappelle thing is going to show them just how far they can go. Serves them right.

by Anonymousreply 263October 26, 2021 1:22 PM

Yeah, LGBT activists need to access how their tactics and agenda. The backlash threatens to undo progress

by Anonymousreply 264October 26, 2021 2:08 PM

The trans activists have blood on their hands. So sad how they bullied that trans comedian and contributed to her suicide.

by Anonymousreply 265October 26, 2021 2:11 PM

This controversy has been manufactured to try and get black gays onside, but they're not having it. White gay racism is the worst

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 26, 2021 2:17 PM

"Before gay, we're black first".

by Anonymousreply 267October 26, 2021 2:24 PM

[quote] What the outrage mob is missing about this is the entire final 20 minutes of the special. He tells a very sweet and sad story about the trans comic he befriended

And he claims she killed herself because angry trannies bullied her for defending him. Yeah, what a guy.

It's sad that Dave lets himself be used as a pawn to stir up shit between the Black Community and the LGBT Community.

by Anonymousreply 268October 26, 2021 2:38 PM

He is a walking pile of bigoted crap.

by Anonymousreply 269October 26, 2021 2:38 PM

R266 Black people tend to be so passive agressive these days. It's so tyresome.

by Anonymousreply 270October 26, 2021 2:42 PM

Jaboukie Young-White is a very popular gay comedian

by Anonymousreply 271October 26, 2021 2:59 PM

Most of the gays sticking up for Chapelle are non-white

by Anonymousreply 272October 26, 2021 3:00 PM

I agree with these recent comments = R229, R247, R251 -LOL! Good one., R252, R255, R256, R257 & R260,

by Anonymousreply 273October 26, 2021 3:18 PM

Dave IS a homophobe and anti white aka racist.

by Anonymousreply 274October 26, 2021 3:25 PM

I am tired of these sensitive offended at anything and everything delicate gays. Grow up Bitches.

by Anonymousreply 275October 26, 2021 3:29 PM

^^^^ Sure freeper fundie cunt!

by Anonymousreply 276October 26, 2021 3:32 PM

LOL! R276.

by Anonymousreply 277October 26, 2021 3:36 PM

R275 WE did grow up but LOTS of overly sensitive heteros never did.

by Anonymousreply 278October 26, 2021 3:38 PM

R275 I ain't offended, I just think this comedian is a homophobic trash and not funny.

by Anonymousreply 279October 26, 2021 3:38 PM

I would be more touched by Woody Allen and Seinfeld cause I love those guys, this uggo means nothing to me.

by Anonymousreply 280October 26, 2021 3:43 PM

^ Yet he's the biggest comic in the country.

by Anonymousreply 281October 26, 2021 4:15 PM

White people love Chapelle

by Anonymousreply 282October 26, 2021 4:20 PM

R281 I'll leave him to the masses. Masses tend love homophobes and other chauvinists.

by Anonymousreply 283October 26, 2021 4:21 PM

So coming at this from another angle. Watch the special. He's not that funny. He's become that odd celebrity who is "funny" because he used to be funny. He's every right to say what he want, make jokes about people he wants to joke about... and as it happens it's not funny.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 284October 26, 2021 4:24 PM

So? Most of the world is homophobic. Learn to be at peace with that fact

by Anonymousreply 285October 26, 2021 4:25 PM

Yet we can't be 'at peace' with 'transphobia'. Misgendering is literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 286October 26, 2021 4:28 PM

Good morning, trolls; have a miserable day playing among your lonely selves.

by Anonymousreply 287October 26, 2021 4:33 PM

R285 It's true, most of people are homophobic, racists, white don't like blacks, black like whites even less, all of them against Asians, Americans hating Russians, Russians hating Germans, men hating women, women hating other women. Got to just accept these facts and let the masses vote Trump and Putin.

by Anonymousreply 288October 26, 2021 4:43 PM

And live happily in natural order under Trump and Putin everafter.

by Anonymousreply 289October 26, 2021 4:45 PM

What r284 said. I wasn't offended it just wasn't funny. He's a has-been now who used to be very funny before his breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 290October 26, 2021 5:17 PM

R266, his story doesn't make much sense. He saying rich white gays were disgusted by him, but doesn't explain how, or give any example of what they said. Sounds like the rich people at the top didn't want someone of the lower classes in their space. This is typical elitists attitude, they act that way towards everyone. If this is the best "example" he's got of "white gay racism is real" well, it's pretty damn tame.

Also, it was a bit melodramatic to compare his experiences on a cruise ship to The Color Purple.

by Anonymousreply 291October 26, 2021 5:27 PM

R266, interesting how he's dismissive of homophobia in the black community, saying that's just the way it is. It's ignorant but it's okay for them to be homophobic. But if a white gay were to say something similar about the black community then it would be deemed racist. In other words, my kind of bigotry is acceptable but yours isn't.

by Anonymousreply 292October 26, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote]He's not that funny. He's become that odd celebrity who is "funny" because he used to be funny.

Agreed. That's exactly who he's become. This happens to a surprising number of comedians, actually - especially the ones who become successful/rich.

by Anonymousreply 293October 26, 2021 6:16 PM

[Quote] . It's ignorant but it's okay for them to be homophobic. But if a white gay were to say something similar about the black community then it would be deemed racist. In other words, my kind of bigotry is acceptable but yours isn't.

Correct. Dave has always been a hypocrite. Nothing new. He uses his "jokes" as a weapon. Nothing wrong with that but I wish he'd stop being a pussy and just say he hates whites and gays. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 294October 26, 2021 6:30 PM

R294 I agree. I always say that I respect so much more open right wingers than hypocrits.

by Anonymousreply 295October 26, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote]I wish he'd stop being a pussy and just say he hates whites and gays

I think the only white people he dislikes are white gays. He dislikes gay men in general and white gay men in particular.

by Anonymousreply 296October 26, 2021 8:05 PM

R296 So you think he likes white straight men. Not much luck there.

by Anonymousreply 297October 26, 2021 8:20 PM

White Men love Chapelle. Where have you been dude?

by Anonymousreply 298October 26, 2021 8:32 PM

I love Chapelle so much. I watched this newest special on a whim, and was instantly hooked. Every single word he said was truth! It was more of a doctoral lecture than a stand up special; he has his finger accurately on the pulse. Fuck the bullshit “woke” crowd who can’t take a joke. We need comedy now more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 299October 26, 2021 8:36 PM

R298 Well, I said no luck in liking straight men.

by Anonymousreply 300October 26, 2021 8:38 PM

Lot of nasty ass comments in here from all sides.

by Anonymousreply 301October 26, 2021 8:44 PM

This is one of the more pathetic threads on this site at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 302October 26, 2021 8:46 PM

R301 Who ever would have expected nasty comments on DL?

by Anonymousreply 303October 26, 2021 8:56 PM

Where is the Bossy Bottom with Big Black Booty that was seducing me? Playing hard to get? Or realized that he misunderstood what the reverend and saint Chappelle told him. Their advice was to find the partner of same race and different sex, while I am of different race and same sex.

by Anonymousreply 304October 26, 2021 9:05 PM

It's not like the government is forcing everyone to watch Dave Chappelle's comedy special

or ARE THEY?

by Anonymousreply 305October 26, 2021 9:06 PM

Yes, they are.

by Anonymousreply 306October 26, 2021 9:07 PM

R296 Could be, Chappelle and many black people like him might vote for Trump if his skin was black instead of orange.

by Anonymousreply 307October 26, 2021 9:18 PM

1 out of every 5 black male voters voted for YouKnowWho in 2020, despite his aforementioned orange skin. An increase of two percentage points from 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308October 26, 2021 9:24 PM

OMG . The ego on this man. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 309October 26, 2021 9:40 PM

[Quote] I think the only white people he dislikes are white gays. He dislikes gay men in general and white gay men in particular.

r296? Why? Isn't that very specific? I know some white gays can be cunts but how would he know anything about white gay men and what they do and say? Seems very odd?

by Anonymousreply 310October 26, 2021 10:32 PM

[Quote] This is one of the more pathetic threads THAT I'VE POSTED 24 REPLIES on this site at the moment.

Fixed your post for you, r302.

by Anonymousreply 311October 26, 2021 10:37 PM

R297 most of his friends are straight white men.

by Anonymousreply 312October 26, 2021 10:50 PM

[quote]how would he know anything about white gay men and what they do and say?

He seemed to talk about as if he were an authority.

by Anonymousreply 313October 26, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]1 out of every 5 black male voters voted for YouKnowWho in 2020, despite his aforementioned orange skin. An increase of two percentage points from 2016.

The exact figures are 87% of black men voted Biden and 12% Trump. Still ridiculously low percentage in any political context.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314October 27, 2021 1:05 AM

[quote] Fixed your post for you, [R302].

And you just made it more pathetic

by Anonymousreply 315October 27, 2021 1:08 AM

"Am I cancelled?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316October 27, 2021 3:11 AM

^ Not backing down.

by Anonymousreply 317October 27, 2021 3:12 AM

Learn to pick your fights. Most people are on Dave's side and he's becoming more powerful than he's ever been.

by Anonymousreply 318October 27, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote] They're not going to win this one. But that's what happens when you overreach

If he had been white he would have folded like an origami convention.

by Anonymousreply 319October 27, 2021 4:13 AM

[Quote] And you just made it more pathetic

Yes you're right. You are pathetic and a hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 320October 27, 2021 4:24 AM

R318 Most people in Germany were pro Hitler, yet the people who were against him, chose the right side. He was antigay, too, besides other things. Masses aren't always right, in fact, more often then not, they are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 321October 27, 2021 7:58 AM

Poor little victim.

by Anonymousreply 322October 27, 2021 8:56 AM

I was refering to R316.

by Anonymousreply 323October 27, 2021 10:46 AM

If you're against him, criticize him, challenge him, make it hard for him but this trend toward silencing people - including run of the mill types like him - does more harm than dealing with him through challenge instead of crushing. I don't like the guy either, I don't think he's funny and I would be surprised if his career doesn't end in overdose or liver disease. But exile does more harm to our society than calling bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 324October 27, 2021 11:34 AM

I hate that the gay community are being lumped in with the trans groups. I have issues with what he says about gay white men but I don't like people thinking all gay men agree with the trans groups 100%.

by Anonymousreply 325October 27, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote] Learn to pick your fights. Most people are on Dave's side and he's becoming more powerful than he's ever been.

Then 99.99% of DLers should've already killed themselves in despair. No one was on elder gays' side except Elizabeth Taylor, and Ronald Reagan was becoming more powerful than he'd ever been.

by Anonymousreply 326October 27, 2021 3:46 PM

What R326 said.

by Anonymousreply 327October 27, 2021 9:14 PM

R294 R280 Maybe this is the problem: the Chapelle-haters have no sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 328October 29, 2021 10:10 PM

Oh Pluse R328, talk about snow flakes, if current day white comedians made millions doing a show that specifically targeting black people in a racist rant, you cunts would be screaming up and down to take him off the air, bend a knee and apologize. But when blacks say something homophobic, "oh, you just don't have a sense of humor". You don't see the hypocrisy in that?

by Anonymousreply 329October 30, 2021 3:10 AM

R329 WTF are you talking about? I think part of the reason the trans community is piling on Chapelle is that he's black. He wouldn't be the first straight black man to be treated as though he personifies all homophobia and misogyny, conveniently taking the spotlight off straight white male homophobes and misogynists.

by Anonymousreply 330October 30, 2021 3:01 PM

R330 The victims we know so well, tralalalala

by Anonymousreply 331October 30, 2021 3:07 PM

If you don't laugh every single time a gay person is "humorously" denigrated then you have no sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 332November 1, 2021 11:37 PM

She loves black men. Ha, Ha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333November 2, 2021 6:36 AM

" I love black men, I got one in my apartment right now, UNSUPERVISED" LOL

by Anonymousreply 334November 2, 2021 10:10 AM

Can someone explain R333 to me. Is it possible to have a reaction to that other than "OMG! PEARL CLUTCH! RACIST!" or "this is the most hilarious thing ever?" Like she's just saying racist things but the audience is supposed to understand she's not racist and it's a joke? How is that sophisticated or funny in any way? She's literally just saying what an actual racist comedian would have said in the Olden Days but now it's done in a knowing wink-wink-actually-I-don't-really-mean-this way and I don't understand how this is amusing or entertaining. It's boring.

Does she WANT people to start yelling that she's a racist so she can act all superior and imply that her audience is also superior for "getting" it? Because I feel like there's a lot of that going around in stand-up (wanting to be attacked by humourless people so one can present oneself as a brave edgelord) and Chappelle definitely isn't above it himself.

by Anonymousreply 335November 4, 2021 8:35 PM

I posted that link R335, my friends took me to one of her shows. I posted that as a response to all the threads ere saying people cant take a joke. So it's OK when a black guy makes jokes about gays, or trans, we should get over it, but if a person plays the same game with people of color, suddenly it's not funny.

To answer your question, she is being ironic. She's saying all the shit racists would say. Think Archy Bunker from All in the Family. The thing I discovered was, I think most of the audience got it, and part of them did not. They really took it at face level. The show I saw was in Orange County CA. OH boy, they lived up to their reputation. She was making fun of every race, as well as gays. The audience was rip roaring laughing up a storm. Then she made a joke about Republicans...suddenly the room went silent. That's when I realized most of these fuckers were not in on the joke. Even the comedian was surprised how silent the room got.

Chappelle is kind of doing the same thing a decade later. He's not cutting edge. So if you tell people they are being snowflakes and cant take a joke, then shut up when people make the same kind of jokes when it comes to your ethnic group or sexual orientation that they are not a part of.

by Anonymousreply 336November 5, 2021 4:47 AM

Thanks for the response, R336. I completely agree with you, fwiw. And at the same time as I find that kind of humour obvious and unfunny, I understand that the fact that so many people in the audience don't get it (i.e. that they don't understand their own hypocrisy being pointed out, they take the comedian at face value) kind of renders it relevant whether I personally enjoy it or not. I find Dave Chappelle to be very much one of those people who will strut and crow about cancel culture when it's a group that doesn't include him being joked about, and then get mad when it's a group that does include him. He seems very serious when he talks about gays not supporting black people, he doesn't seem to think that's funny (and I wonder how he would react if a white man used him as a 'but I have a black friend!' prop the way he uses his trans friend, who is no longer here to give her version of events).

Have you heard of the Pub Landlord? He's the comedy persona of UK comedian Al Murray and is very much used, in the UK, as the example of a person whose audience is at least in part composed of people who don't get that the joke it on them. Here I'll link a vid (and for those licking Dave's asshole in this thread, Stewart Lee's 10+ year old bit here is better than anything Dave Chappelle did in his latest special). (start at 1:45 if you want the direct comment on audience's not getting it)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337November 5, 2021 7:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!