Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What booster are you getting?

I had Pfizer and my parents had Moderna.

I'm not sure which to choose for the booster shot.

Moderna just got approved today as did mixing the vaccines.

Confusing.

by Anonymousreply 186December 2, 2021 1:45 PM

Got two Pfizers, will get Pfizer Booster.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 6:18 AM

I'm getting the Moderna Ciccone.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 6:21 AM

I just got my second Pfizer booster and though yesterday I felt fine, today I feel very BLEH. . .

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 5:24 PM

Moderna on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 5:35 PM

I had the J&J so I am sticking with that. I know mixing it with the others produces more antibodies but I had Covid so I figure with two J&J's and the Covid antibodies I should be good.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 5:45 PM

moderna on monday

technical support on tuesday

pharmaceutical waste on wednesday

therapeutics on thrusday

friday is for Pfizer

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 7:04 PM

They say Astra-Zeneca mixed an mRNA (Pfizer or Moderna) is the best combination .

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 7:07 PM

i can't wait

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 8:22 PM

r7. I have got AstraZeneca combined with Moderna as a second shot due to the every day changing of what vaccine is good for what age range discussion we had in the spring time in Germany. Which at the end of the day was stated as the best mixture you could get.

So asking my oncologist yesterday what booster shot he would recommend, the answer was to reach for Biontech, because then I would cover the widest range. Probably at the end it does not really matter, just get the f.... booster.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 8:44 PM

So is the moderna booster now available?

Boosters for all now or do you need to still be in a special category or age?

(I'll google now but still feel free to provide any info.)

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2021 4:04 AM

Anyone have any specific, reputable articles on following Pfizer with a Moderna booster?

Paging Elderlez!! Or, do you have to say her name three times to summon her...

ElderlezElderlezElderlez

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2021 4:26 AM

I received the Moderna booster a couple of days ago. Side effects are mild and basically made me feel a little tired. My two shots during the winter were also Moderna.

Half the people in my region are not vaccinated at all. Yet they carelessly mingle with others, spreading the virus. This continues to be disturbing. While infection figures are declining, I would not dismiss a new surge happening when colder weather arrives and holiday travel and gatherings get prevalent.

by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2021 2:50 PM

I'm getting the Olderna booster.

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2021 2:53 PM

Pfizer all the way, including the booster. It was what they were giving initially so that was also the third shot I got. I had no issues.

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2021 2:53 PM

For those who got the Moderna booster, did you get the half dose? Or did you get the booster before they decided to use half doses?

My first 2 were Pfizer. I'm too young for the booster (will be 60 in a couple of months), but I've developed high BP over this past year and have recently started on medication, so my Dr said I qualify for a booster now. (I guess there's a silver lining in there somewhere). I could have gotten the booster at my appointment today, but I have to schedule this at a time that I can take a sick day the following day, as I needed one for Shot #2.

I'll take whichever is available, though I'm watching to see what your experiences are.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2021 3:26 PM

I had the 2 Moderna's and I'm signed up for the Moderna booster. I'm 50 years old and have a heart condition but am scheduled to receive the 1/2 dose Thursday, now I'm wondering if I should get a full third dose?

by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2021 3:33 PM

r7 & r9 I too heard that which is why I insisted on getting an AstraZeneca first dose even though they were trying to give me Pfizer. What I'll do is stick to AZ for the second dose (which is spaced out for the maximum allowable 12 weeks) then I'll get an mRNA booster next year. So glad I stuck to my guns.

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2021 3:36 PM

Just get Covid and then get 2 dose Moderna like me. It offers the best immunity. In hindsight, I’m glad I got Covid before variants.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2021 4:01 PM

I initially had Moderna back in February and March. I'm now eligible for a booster. I checked with my doctor who advised to stick with Moderna. I thought maybe mixing it up was beneficial but he disagreed.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2021 4:12 PM

I am a RN, and have been giving vaccinations. I had 2 Pfizer’s and got Moderna for my booster yesterday, along with my flu shot. I chose Moderna because it has proven to be the best at preventing breakthrough infections. Healthcare workers have been giving Moderna boosters for over a month in my city (the full dose) even though it wasn’t approved. A lot of public clinics have EMT’s, dental hygienists, etc vaccinating and they don’t give AF. We also aren’t allowed to ask questions, so you can say that you are immunocompromised without being specific if you want the booster now.

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2021 4:19 PM

I had Moderna for the first 2 shots and got the half-dose of Moderna yesterday for the booster. My arm's sore as hell.

by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2021 4:20 PM

Second booster kicked my tuchis

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2021 4:34 PM

R21, my mother also got her Moderna half-dose booster yesterday and her arm is also very sore. More than with the other shots. That could just be the skill of the person giving the shot, though. She now has the light flu-like reaction she got with the second Moderna shot earlier in the year. Hope it only lasts the 12 or so hours it lasted last time. My dad got his Pfizer booster a couple of days ago and, just like the first time, no reaction.

[quote]I chose Moderna because it has proven to be the best at preventing breakthrough infections.

Wasn't the higher level of protection Moderna had against Delta due to the higher dose more so than the makeup of the vaccine? They both work the same way and code for the same spike protein. I understand that a full dose booster of Pfizer is still a little less of a dose than the half-dose of Moderna but I don't think, as a booster, that's going to make much difference.

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2021 6:56 PM

What states are you in people who've boosted? I'm in CT and it's not available to anyone under 60 unless they're actively working in respiratory therapy.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2021 6:58 PM

Got three Modernas. A close friend got two Pfizers and a Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2021 7:02 PM

My friends have it all!

by Anonymousreply 26October 27, 2021 12:26 AM

I had my Moderna booster earlier today. My first shots were Moderna as well. I'm planing to spend tomorrow on the sofa.

(Can somebody bring me some homemade chicken soup tomorrow? I'd appreciate it. And maybe some orange Gatorade. Oh, and green jello with the diced fruit in it. Thank you!)

by Anonymousreply 27October 27, 2021 2:46 AM

I had my first booster yesterday, Pfizer. Also had my flu shot in the other arm. My first two shots were also Pfizer.

This booster went so smoothly, the nurse was excellent. I even went home, and questioned if maybe she hadn’t given the proper shot. Until I lifted that arm. Shitdamnfook that hurt, and it still does today. Happy to report no instant chills afterwards this time. Just a little nausea for an hour afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 28October 27, 2021 7:28 AM

I got pfizer. No side effects.

by Anonymousreply 29October 27, 2021 7:34 AM

R24 in CT essential workers are eligible (education, medical, healthcare etc) or the immunocompromised. My cardiologist has told me to go get my booster now, I had my second shot in March, I’m 50.

by Anonymousreply 30October 27, 2021 10:42 AM

R24, PA and NJ aren’t even asking when they administer it

by Anonymousreply 31October 27, 2021 11:45 AM

Got my booster scheduled for next Saturday. Decided to stay with Pfizer as I know what to expect with it, and I've recently started other new meds (blood pressure and now a statin for high cholesterol - ugh) so I don't want to introduce yet another 'new' substance even though I don't think there's much difference chemically between Pfizer and Moderna. My doctor doesn't think mixing/matching between Pfizer and Moderna makes a difference.

by Anonymousreply 32October 28, 2021 1:11 PM

I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday after having received the J&J in April. Arm still slightly sore. I was absolutely fine yesterday but started feeling blah overnight and still feel that way this morning.

I did not know about asking for the full versus half dose until now after reading this thread, but it sounds like I didn’t have a choice in the matter anyway. Not really concerned as I don’t venture out into crowded spaces and i still (and will continue to) mask everywhere I go.

by Anonymousreply 33October 28, 2021 1:18 PM

My third Moderna caused mostly arm, shoulder and neck discomfort. Still have it five days later. But no fever or nausea like after the second Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 34October 28, 2021 1:25 PM

[quote]PA and NJ aren’t even asking when they administer it

I had to fill in a form online that asked my age (65+, now allowed) to get my Moderna booster (which became available just this week) at Rite-Aid in PA. I had to include pics of my Medicare card and my insurance card. I'm able to get the booster shot much sooner, and at a much closer Rite-Aid, than I was able to get my original vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 35October 28, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote] We also aren’t allowed to ask questions, so you can say that you are immunocompromised without being specific if you want the booster now.

A lot of people I know are doing this but it just seems so fucked up to me. Even if there is plenty of supply. But I keep my judgmental mouth shut because these COVID years are strange and people are doing the best they can.

by Anonymousreply 36October 28, 2021 1:33 PM

[quote] I'm able to get the booster shot much sooner, and at a much closer Rite-Aid, than I was able to get my original vaccines.

me too, a dingy CVS with dirty carpet to stare at while I waited. I don't know where in PA you are but in Philly they are just handing them out

by Anonymousreply 37October 28, 2021 1:35 PM

Marry me, r6.

by Anonymousreply 38October 28, 2021 1:38 PM

Got my Moderna booster yesterday at 10am. The only side effects so far have been a quite sore arm at the injection spot & waking up this morning at 3:30am with a rather bad headache. I took some acetaminophen and the headache was gone by 4:30.

by Anonymousreply 39October 28, 2021 1:41 PM

Did ElderlLez tell us?

by Anonymousreply 40October 28, 2021 1:41 PM

Serious question: Are the corner drugstores able to store the vaccines at the -300 Celsius required? Are the vaccines delivered weekly? How long are the vaccines “good” if they’re not stored at an optimal temperature? My CVS can’t even keep the AC running and the ice cream freezers cold enough. No kidding.

I was vaccinated at

by Anonymousreply 41October 28, 2021 1:49 PM

moderna is considered the most effective.

by Anonymousreply 42October 28, 2021 1:56 PM

^^ I know it’s not -300 Celsius. But whatever the temperature, we were told that only certain scientific/medical facilities had the equipment to store the vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 43October 28, 2021 1:59 PM

cocaine and vicodin

by Anonymousreply 44October 28, 2021 1:59 PM

percoset bb....with tequila.

by Anonymousreply 45October 28, 2021 2:14 PM

You will need to get a booster every six months, so just get the cheapest one.

by Anonymousreply 46October 28, 2021 2:18 PM

they are all free

by Anonymousreply 47October 28, 2021 2:42 PM

Now the 4th shot for the population that is immunocompromised.

I received the 3rd shot, Moderna booster, several days ago.

I am in a state whereby 47% or so of the residents have not received any Covid vaccine. I am not immuno- compromised, but am in a risky category. It really angers me there are an abundance of unvaccinated spreaders out there that don't give a shit about taking the necessary precautions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 28, 2021 2:53 PM

sorry you live in a fucked up state.

by Anonymousreply 49October 28, 2021 2:56 PM

I had Janssen J&J in March, but will be switching to Pfizer really soon for my booster. And for whatever boosters I get in the future, will likely be the mRNA ones. I’m in the age range for endocarditis from Moderna, so cannot get that one.

They need to pull the Janssen shot off the market. It is not good enough for widespread distribution, should’ve never been marketed as a one shot vaccine. We were lied to!

by Anonymousreply 50October 28, 2021 3:14 PM

I am going the low-risk route and am just going to get one of each.

by Anonymousreply 51October 28, 2021 3:41 PM

I'm going with the B12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 28, 2021 4:35 PM

I got my first Phizer vaccination on the 1st of September, the second or booster on the 23rd of September. Still mask up with strangers though.

by Anonymousreply 53October 28, 2021 5:22 PM

Eldergay here (69). I had Moderna in February and March, and I got my Moderna booster Tuesday at 4pm. The booster is half the dose of the first shots. I was fine (my arm wasn't even sore) until 25 hours later when I began feeling a bit flu-ish. No fever, just a little achy. Took some Tylenol, then two more before bed, and that worked. Today (Thursday) feeling a bit sluggish but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 54October 28, 2021 5:47 PM

Getting Moderna booster Saturday, had the J&J in March. A friend in the medical field said if you drink lots of water pre-shot, you will minimize side effects

by Anonymousreply 55October 28, 2021 6:24 PM

r52 *smacks forehead

I could have had a V-8!

by Anonymousreply 56October 28, 2021 6:59 PM

Hopefully by this time next year they'll have further perfected this vaccine and be able to build the COVID-19 vaccine in with the yearly flu vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 57October 28, 2021 11:18 PM

Anyone else get the Moderna booster with almost zero reaction? I had it Tuesday. Not even a sore arm. (Unlike with the high dose flu shot I had last month.) Quite different from shot #2 where I couldn't get out of bed the next day.

by Anonymousreply 58October 29, 2021 1:17 AM

I just got the Moderna booster 4 hours ago and the arm pain and fatigue are setting in. I took a Tylenol.

by Anonymousreply 59October 29, 2021 1:25 AM

With Moderna, women tend to have more intense side effects with the second and booster shots. I say that regarding relatives and others that have conversed about it. I am a senior male and did fine with the Moderna booster.

by Anonymousreply 60October 29, 2021 1:26 AM

J&J 6 months ago. Moderna a week ago. The only side effect out of both was sore arm when needle went in for 3 days.

by Anonymousreply 61October 29, 2021 1:30 AM

The needle was in for 3 days? Yikes, it was only a few seconds when I got my shot.

by Anonymousreply 62October 29, 2021 1:31 AM

I don’t think we need the booster

by Anonymousreply 63October 29, 2021 1:47 AM

Got Moderna all the way.

by Anonymousreply 64October 29, 2021 2:05 AM

R36 I don't think what they're doing unethical to be honest. Given how many vaccine refusers are still out there the alternative is that a lot of the vaccine would go to waste.

by Anonymousreply 65October 29, 2021 2:30 AM

I got Moderna in January, and February, and I got a Moderna booster on Tuesday. The only side effect I had was a very mild arm pain from all of them, I didn't need any pain meds.

by Anonymousreply 66October 29, 2021 3:26 AM

Pfizer booster, got it last week. No side effects.

by Anonymousreply 67October 29, 2021 4:19 AM

R24, British Columbia. Late 50’s, immuno-compromised. Pfizer boostered this week.

by Anonymousreply 68October 29, 2021 4:27 AM

I got really sick after the second shot of Moderna, so I’m procrastinating with getting the booster. Anyone here got a booster who also got really sick in response to an earlier vaccination have any info to share about their response to a booster?

by Anonymousreply 69October 29, 2021 4:33 AM

R69, my mother felt like crap for the entire day after her second Moderna shot. She got the booster a couple of days ago. Only had a couple of hours after she woke up where she felt really cold and a bit under the weather. The Moderna booster is a half dose, so that seems to track with the amount of reaction.

by Anonymousreply 70October 29, 2021 5:27 AM

What's the deal in Florida?

Anyone know?

I called CVS but they asked me my age when it was under 65 they asked what my condition was. When I didn't have one they said no to a booster.

Then I called Publix and they said anyone can get one. (when they have it.)

by Anonymousreply 71October 29, 2021 5:42 AM

Got the J&J in April. It made me sluggish and feverish the next day, and my arm was sore for weeks.

Got the Pfizer booster on Sunday and didn't notice any side effects. My arm was only sore for a few days.

by Anonymousreply 72October 29, 2021 5:50 AM

where are you r72 and are you over 65 if I may ask. TiA

by Anonymousreply 73October 29, 2021 5:53 AM

#1+#2 Moderna

#3 Pfizer, just today.

by Anonymousreply 74October 29, 2021 7:23 AM

Got the full strength Moderna booster in late August, on top of the original two shots last winter. Doctor recommended I do so, despite my not fitting immunosuppressed categories because I was traveling internationally this fall.

Pharmacy didn’t care so long as I checked the right box.

Tired for a day after shot.

Having had it, plus getting the EU covid QR certificate, amidst the “sensible” behavior of most big city EU residents (everyone wears masks indoors at venues that don’t scan QR codes for entry) took a [bold]lot [/bold]of stress out of travel.

by Anonymousreply 75October 29, 2021 10:26 AM

Moderna x 3 - shoulder seemed more sore than after 2nd, and was in a manageable funk for half day after half dose booster

by Anonymousreply 76October 29, 2021 10:30 AM

r59 here, took the 1/2 dose Moderna booster almost 20 hours ago and feel crappier than I did with Moderna shot #2. It's manageable but I am dizzy, achy and have chills, I may lie down for a bit. Just a heads up to give yourself a full day to lay low even if it's just the half-dose booster. I am a female.

by Anonymousreply 77October 29, 2021 5:52 PM

take pain killers

by Anonymousreply 78October 29, 2021 6:36 PM

Had the Moderna vaccine #1&2 shots in February and March. Got the Moderna Booster exactly 48 hours ago. The flu shot feeling,(head ache and general achy feeling) has finally left.

Whoopie. Party Time.

by Anonymousreply 79October 29, 2021 7:08 PM

get ready for your Face Slap!

by Anonymousreply 80October 29, 2021 7:50 PM

R69, I felt like crap after Moderna #2 back in March. I got the Moderna booster (half-dose booster) on Tuesday and have had no negative reaction.

by Anonymousreply 81October 29, 2021 9:24 PM

I only had a very sore arm after Moderna #1, but was quite sick the day after Moderna #2, so your lack of reaction heartens me, R81.

by Anonymousreply 82October 29, 2021 10:09 PM

I'm getting Moderna booster after having received Moderna the first rounds.

by Anonymousreply 83October 29, 2021 10:10 PM

Moderna booster next Friday in Rancho Mirage/Palm Springs area. Soonest available. CVS is all booked. Yucca Valley/Joshua Tree have a two week wait.

by Anonymousreply 84October 29, 2021 10:13 PM

Had Covid in January plus fully vaxxed. Hopefully won't need one.

by Anonymousreply 85October 29, 2021 10:28 PM

Had J&J in March and got the Moderna booster today.

by Anonymousreply 86October 29, 2021 10:40 PM

I would advise that if you plan on getting a booster, to get it in the next week or so before parents start scheduling for their kids. Otherwise you may have a hard time getting an appointment

by Anonymousreply 87October 29, 2021 11:13 PM

I’m getting boosted as I type this

by Anonymousreply 88October 30, 2021 1:41 AM

I'm getting the BEST combination, because I am a high-class person, and so better than all of you.

by Anonymousreply 89October 30, 2021 2:00 AM

I need a booster up my ass.

by Anonymousreply 90October 30, 2021 2:50 AM

The rules are so out of whack. I'm r71. So I went to Publix and there was a line of people and they said it was an hour wait.

I signed up since CVS said they can't give me one (too young, no conditions.)

While I was going to wait for Publix I walked over to the CVS. No one there. A nurse sitting alone behind a screen. I went to the counter asked for the shot. Was expecting to be asked why I needed it. No questions.

Got the shot. So confusing. As the woman in Publix told me no one seems to know the rules and it is all a mess.

by Anonymousreply 91October 30, 2021 4:52 AM

Boast about your boost!

by Anonymousreply 92October 30, 2021 11:45 AM

Getting mine this Sunday. Pfizer x3. Talked to a younger male friend (early 40’s) who got the booster (also Pfizer x3), and said the booster kicked his ass. I had a tiny headache and feeling weird after my 2nd, and a Tylenol made it all go away, so I’m hoping that Tylenol will work for the booster too.

P.S. Got my initial shots in California, getting my booster in MA at Walgreens (CVS was too backed up), with no problems at all.

by Anonymousreply 93October 30, 2021 12:16 PM

Getting Moderna booster on Monday, had Pfizer for the original shots back in March/April. I made the appointment yesterday - CVS had plenty of open slots here at the Delaware shore (although I checked Walgreen’s first and they had almost no available appointments).

I had no after effects from the Pfizer shots and am hoping for the same with the Moderna booster since it’s a lighter dose.

by Anonymousreply 94October 30, 2021 12:33 PM

Had Pfizer in March (1&2) at a doctor's office with mild expected reactions for 24 hours or less after each. Getting Moderna booster today at Von's Supermarket ... not so sure about getting a medical treatment at the grocery store, but they have it and I want it... Will report back later.

by Anonymousreply 95October 30, 2021 12:55 PM

Just a tip for anyone getting a shot in a drugstore. Keep the paperwork they give you - or at least make a note of the lot number. I sent a note to my doctor via MyChart to advise that I had gotten the shot at Walgreens and they wanted to know the lot number. I had thrown the paper away after the shot and had to go back and ask them to reprint it.

Another tip. If you have been vaccinated and use an iPhone, you can now download a digitized version of your vaccination card. It creates a "card" inside the Wallet (where your credit cards are). The card has a scanable QR code to prove you've been vaccinated. Lots of info online how to do it.

by Anonymousreply 96October 30, 2021 5:25 PM

Not getting one . I don’t need it

by Anonymousreply 97October 30, 2021 5:26 PM

Yeah, unless youre already dead, you need it

by Anonymousreply 98October 30, 2021 6:41 PM

Wishing you triple jabbers the very best! We got this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99October 30, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote]Just a tip for anyone getting a shot in a drugstore. Keep the paperwork they give you - or at least make a note of the lot number. I sent a note to my doctor via MyChart to advise that I had gotten the shot at Walgreens and they wanted to know the lot number. I had thrown the paper away after the shot and had to go back and ask them to reprint it.

R96, the CVS I got my Pfizer #1 & #2 wrote the lot number on the vaccination card.

by Anonymousreply 100October 30, 2021 6:55 PM

I had my Pfizer booster yesterday - and today, kinda surprised I'm just having a mild sore arm. On my 2nd shot - I was feeling so weak all over plus headache the next day. Prepared myself for that but what I'm experiencing so far is similar with my 1st shot though even milder than that .

by Anonymousreply 101October 30, 2021 7:20 PM

r95 here... got the shot at noon. Sore arm - more severe than 2nd Pfizer shot. Slight headache... maybe just a bit of fatigue... Hoping tomorrow is better.

by Anonymousreply 102October 31, 2021 3:13 AM

Don’t count on it, take Tylenol

by Anonymousreply 103October 31, 2021 3:15 AM

I'm getting the Aldi store brand vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 104October 31, 2021 3:17 AM

Most definitely r103.

by Anonymousreply 105October 31, 2021 3:28 AM

Partner and I got a Moderna booster today after our two Pfizers. So far so good ...

by Anonymousreply 106October 31, 2021 8:39 PM

Moderna for first and second and full dose Moderna booster last Friday because I'm immunocompromised because I'm on chemo. No side effects with any of them but the actual jab hurt like hell this time. The tech who administered it was nasty.

by Anonymousreply 107October 31, 2021 10:17 PM

Did they make the Moderna thicker or something because I keep hearing from a lot of people that this booster hurts more than the first two shots? It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 108October 31, 2021 10:20 PM

Had 3rd Moderna on Friday . Had no side effects

by Anonymousreply 109October 31, 2021 10:21 PM

Sticking with Pfizer for the booster. I had little to no reaction from the first two doeses, and so far, it's worked for me.

by Anonymousreply 110October 31, 2021 10:29 PM

So glad just to hear that people are getting the jabs

by Anonymousreply 111November 1, 2021 12:57 AM

The only problem, R111, is that more people are getting boosters than first doses. So, the responsible people are just being more responsible. There needs to be some punishing consequences for these idiots.

This is the exact same situation as the blue states financially propping up all the loser red states while they whine about state's rights and individuality and ruin the fucking country due to the slave-state protecting electoral college. Biggest bunch of hypocrites in the world are red staters and antivaxxers because those they attack are the ones providing for and protecting them.

by Anonymousreply 112November 1, 2021 2:10 AM

I'm not getting a booster until they say it's absolutely necessary. I think getting jabbed three times within six months defeats the purpose of the vaccine especially if, as they say, it wears off gradually over time.

by Anonymousreply 113November 1, 2021 5:32 AM

That makes absolutely no sense, R113.

by Anonymousreply 114November 1, 2021 6:17 AM

None. Never got the first one. I don't have a death wish.

by Anonymousreply 115November 1, 2021 6:46 AM

R115 is posting from Bizarro World.

by Anonymousreply 116November 1, 2021 7:56 AM

r114 Isn't it better to space it out instead of getting frequent regular jabs?

by Anonymousreply 117November 1, 2021 10:14 AM

R117, it's highly recommended that everyone gets the booster six months after the second shot.

by Anonymousreply 118November 1, 2021 12:22 PM

R117, if this weren’t a pandemic, yes. Eventually that will be the case

by Anonymousreply 119November 1, 2021 12:34 PM

Pfftz!

by Anonymousreply 120November 1, 2021 2:22 PM

CVS cancelled my booster appointment today. I’m wondering if they didn’t get a shipment of doses? I rescheduled for tomorrow, fingers crossed they work out whatever the issue is today.

by Anonymousreply 121November 1, 2021 2:27 PM

should be okay

by Anonymousreply 122November 1, 2021 2:41 PM

R93 here. Got my booster yesterday at 3:45pm , and started feeling a bit funky around 9am. Immediately took 2 Tylenols for arthritis (has the most amount of the active ingredient), and still was a bit dizzy. Repeated at 4pm, and felt better. It’s 8pm and still a little spacey. No sore arm though!

by Anonymousreply 123November 2, 2021 12:02 AM

Got all Pfizers.

by Anonymousreply 124November 2, 2021 12:04 AM

I got the Pfizer booster although I asked for the Moderna (First 2 were Pfizer) The Pharmacist rolled her eyes and told me next time you can get the Moderna. These boosters are gonna be around for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 125November 2, 2021 12:22 AM

Can't we all get all the boosters, everyday?

by Anonymousreply 126November 2, 2021 2:34 AM

Unless your pharmacist is a friend of yours R125, I would have called her out for rolling her eyes.

by Anonymousreply 127November 2, 2021 2:42 AM

I did better than that R127, I asked to speak to her manager!

by Anonymousreply 128November 2, 2021 8:58 PM

[quote]it's highly recommended that everyone gets the booster six months after the second shot.

They haven't said that. They said the vulnerable and those with comorbidities.

by Anonymousreply 129November 3, 2021 1:17 AM

That means all posters on the DL

by Anonymousreply 130November 3, 2021 1:30 AM

No, R129, that's not true. They are recommending everyone get a booster shot, if not 6 months after, then soon enough thereafter. For everyone.

by Anonymousreply 131November 4, 2021 2:04 AM

What are they boosting if there's no immunity?

by Anonymousreply 132November 4, 2021 8:24 AM

Their bank balance. They are making record profits.

by Anonymousreply 133November 4, 2021 11:44 AM

What do you mean, no immunity? Are you disingenuous or dense? It's a LOWERED immunity after 6 months, hence a booster. Fucking clown R132.

by Anonymousreply 134November 4, 2021 4:38 PM

Anti-vaxx cunts are tiresome, I’ve blocked every single one

by Anonymousreply 135November 4, 2021 5:12 PM

I got Pfizer in April/May. I'm getting the J&J booster, not by choice, but I want to get a booster ASAP and it's all that's available

by Anonymousreply 136November 4, 2021 5:15 PM

R136, I just read this on the NPR website: "A study by the National Institutes of Health this week suggests people who got the J&J vaccine as their initial vaccination against the coronavirus may get their best protection from choosing an mRNA vaccine as the booster." The Pfizer or Moderna booster may be a better choice for you.

by Anonymousreply 137November 4, 2021 7:31 PM

But I got Pfizer as my initial vaccination, not J&J, r137

by Anonymousreply 138November 4, 2021 7:36 PM

The way to get the most anti-bodies is to start with an adenovirus-vector vaccine (so J&JJ) followed by an mRNA booster (Pfizer or Moderna). This way you get more anti-bodies than sticking to one vaccine type or changing the order starting with mRNA and finishing with viral-vector type.

by Anonymousreply 139November 5, 2021 6:58 AM

Just get your JAB

by Anonymousreply 140November 5, 2021 11:52 AM

I’m 51 and got the Pfizer booster Monday at CVS. Didn’t have to jump through any hoops or answer any questions. Got the flu shot at the same time. Felt a little woozy and tired for a couple of days, but nothing major.

by Anonymousreply 141November 5, 2021 1:04 PM

I got Pfizer at first and got Pfizer booster as well. I'm thinking of getting Moderna next year, or whenever is necessary again.

by Anonymousreply 142November 5, 2021 1:14 PM

Has anyone started a thread on this news yet? I tried posting this in the Coronavirus Mega Thread but it crashes and reloads every time I try to put my cursor in the reply box. Ugh.

Covid-Twitter is all atwitter with this news. Some are saying it could basically end the pandemic. I’m not really sure how, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143November 5, 2021 2:20 PM

I don't know which one it's going to be, I just know I'm getting it Tuesday. I refuse to put myself at risk of suffocating in a pool of Covid virus juice in some hospital hallway.

by Anonymousreply 144November 5, 2021 2:26 PM

Moderna bitches, get Moderna!

by Anonymousreply 145November 5, 2021 4:46 PM

Three Moderna shots already. When can I stop with the masks.

The shitheads in the stores without masks are largely the ones that have refused vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 146November 5, 2021 7:31 PM

modern gals get moderna

by Anonymousreply 147November 5, 2021 8:07 PM

I got two Pfizers and a Moderna booster.

Had bad body aches the day after the booster and was fatigued for five days after. Today (day six) is the first day I feel back to normal.

I had really intense side effects after the second Pfizer, but they were done after a day or two. The booster side effects were less severe but have lasted longer.

by Anonymousreply 148November 5, 2021 8:19 PM

I shook and moaned all week

by Anonymousreply 149November 6, 2021 9:34 PM

I'll stick with the same company as my original vaccine shots.

by Anonymousreply 150November 6, 2021 9:36 PM

I got my Pfizer booster today (got Pfizer #1 & #2). So far so good, though it's been only 5 hours.

by Anonymousreply 151November 6, 2021 11:20 PM

Just wait

by Anonymousreply 152November 7, 2021 2:48 AM

Why wait, R152? The recommendation is to get the booster 6 months after your second shot. There's no reason to wait.

by Anonymousreply 153November 7, 2021 4:56 AM

R153, I meant 5 hours since the booster without side effects.

Been about 15 hours now. Just some chills so far.

by Anonymousreply 154November 7, 2021 10:21 AM

chills and thrills

by Anonymousreply 155November 7, 2021 12:30 PM

Got the low grade fever now. The fun time begins. Time to pop in some movies and take it easy all day.

by Anonymousreply 156November 7, 2021 12:36 PM

First, 2 doses of Pfizer, then Pfizer booster.

Thought about getting Moderna booster as I read at some point that it was most effective vaccine. Was given a choice but just went with Pfizer as I uncertain about Moderna side effects.

Only side effect has been a bit or soreness in my upper arm.

by Anonymousreply 157November 7, 2021 12:42 PM

[quote] I shook and moaned all week

Were you bottoming, R149?

by Anonymousreply 158November 7, 2021 12:44 PM

for the very first time

by Anonymousreply 159November 7, 2021 1:32 PM

For those of you taking the effectiveness of Moderna vs. Pfizer into account with your boosters, you really don't need to. They are both effective. The small difference in numbers was due more to the dosage of the vaccines, not the makeup of the vaccines, which are practically identical. Moderna's original doses were three times that of the Pfizer original doses. So, basically, those who got two shots of Moderna got the equivalent of six doses of Pfizer. The fact that Pfizer was almost as effective as Moderna with only 1/3 the amount shows that Pfizer is powerfully protective.

Now, with the booster, Moderna's dose is halved while Pfizer is getting another full dose. So, they are now even closer in their levels of protection. You're still getting a slightly bigger dose of vaccine if you get Moderna but, if the protection ratio stays the same, you will probably actually be getting equal, or more, protection from a third full dose of Pfizer.

BTW, this is the actual booster. That original second dose we all got should be looked at more like a delayed portion of an initial megadose. The immune system does not work the way it does with boosters with only three weeks or a month between doses. It needs time. There's a reason that all those childhood boosters are anywhere from 6 months to 10 years later in their scheduling. You have to build up the B and T cells for your immune system to work properly. For the most part, that isn't going to happen three weeks after initial exposure.

by Anonymousreply 160November 7, 2021 6:32 PM

So does that mean the booster will generate immunity that lasts longer than six months from now?

by Anonymousreply 161November 7, 2021 8:40 PM

R161, that's what they are thinking but the data will have to wait until the earliest booster recipients have reached that mark. Israel has the highest number of early boosters across the entire population and I believe they started widespread boosters in August. So, we'll know in February for sure if the six month number is lengthened and then we'll have a wait and see to determine just how long it lasts. It is the hope, though, unless there is some huge mutation that makes the virus no longer recognizable to any level of the immune system, that this will lead to a more sustaining immunity.

by Anonymousreply 162November 7, 2021 10:44 PM

Remembering that one wasn't considered "fully vaccinated" until 2 weeks after Dose #2, does it take 2 weeks after the Booster to be considered "fully boosted"?

by Anonymousreply 163November 11, 2021 12:47 PM

Boost your ASS - NOW!

by Anonymousreply 164November 11, 2021 6:23 PM

Probably, R163. But you can Google it to find out.

by Anonymousreply 165November 11, 2021 6:48 PM

In April I got the J&J vaccine (I had no choice as it was what was being given that day) but chose to get the Moderna booster last week. No side effects at all.

by Anonymousreply 166November 11, 2021 6:51 PM

R163, yes. I asked.

by Anonymousreply 167November 11, 2021 6:55 PM

I answered

by Anonymousreply 168November 12, 2021 12:36 PM

BOOST it

by Anonymousreply 169November 25, 2021 12:38 PM

Now they're saying that you may only get four months of protection from these shots? How many freaking shots can you get until you have permanent side effects? You just simply can't keep cranking out semi effective vaccines an boosters every few months and expect a miracle cure? This acceptable to you?

by Anonymousreply 170November 25, 2021 1:20 PM

why would you think there would be a "permanent" side effect?

by Anonymousreply 171November 25, 2021 1:24 PM

Who’s saying you may get only 4 months of protection from the booster? Why would that happen?

by Anonymousreply 172November 25, 2021 3:40 PM

some troll online

by Anonymousreply 173November 25, 2021 3:42 PM

Got my Pfizer/Biontech today. So I am complete now, first shot was AstraZeneca, second Moderna.

by Anonymousreply 174November 30, 2021 2:21 PM

Uh oh . May be useless now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 30, 2021 2:25 PM

r175. Better than nothing.

by Anonymousreply 176November 30, 2021 2:36 PM

Omicron booster....where is it??

by Anonymousreply 177November 30, 2021 2:39 PM

r177. In Germany they are talking about February. This was the latest news.

by Anonymousreply 178November 30, 2021 2:47 PM

Please don’t share Tweets from Dr Eric Ding-Dong. Just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 179November 30, 2021 2:59 PM

FU! He’s been right more than wrong . And it’s moderna scientists who say this

by Anonymousreply 180November 30, 2021 3:29 PM

I’m just swallowing a UV bulb.

by Anonymousreply 181November 30, 2021 3:43 PM

Fuck you, R180. You’re the same barely literate hysterical person who always places a space between the last word of your sentences and the period. Can spot you a mile away. You understand nothing; it’s no surprise you hang on to every word Ding-Dong posts.

There are so many better people to follow on Twitter for sober, factual information about Covid. Please stop sharing his bullshit here.

by Anonymousreply 182November 30, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote]I’m just swallowing a UV bulb.

I read that inserting an enema filled with bleach will work.

by Anonymousreply 183November 30, 2021 4:43 PM

R182is triggered

by Anonymousreply 184November 30, 2021 5:47 PM

[quote] And it’s moderna scientists who say this

or modern scientists?

by Anonymousreply 185December 2, 2021 1:38 PM

I'm getting the Madonna booster.

It's an old batch, but it's cheap.

by Anonymousreply 186December 2, 2021 1:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!