Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Beckinsale is a complete and total genius

That's why she never reached EGOT status.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 3:40 AM

[bold]Kate Beckinsale Says High IQ ‘Might Have Been A Handicap’ To Her Career[/bold]

[bold]“It’s no good to me,” said the “Underworld” star.[/bold]

British actor Kate Beckinsale thinks she could be too smart for her own good.

On Wednesday’s broadcast of “The Howard Stern Show,” the “Underworld” star speculated that being so bright “might have been a handicap” in her career.

She recalled being told she had an IQ of 152 when she was a child, and even called her mother on the air to confirm the figure.

“That’s like almost Einstein level,” said radio host Howard Stern. “Oh, I wish I had an IQ of 152,” he added.

“You don’t,” replied Beckinsale. “Every single doctor, every single person I’ve ever come across has said, ’You’d be so much happier if you were 30% less smart,′ and I’m sure that’s true.”

“It’s no good to me, though. It’s really not helpful to me in my career,” she added. “I just think it might have been a handicap actually.”

Beckinsale didn’t explain why having such a high IQ had been a hindrance. Nor did she provide testing details. The high-IQ club Mensa accepts people who score 132 or higher on school cognitive ability exams.

Stern asked how Beckinsale’s smarts affected her love life.

“I’ve always found I can forgive an awful lot if somebody’s funny,” she responded. “So, there’s a certain degree of intelligence in somebody funny that I’m able to mess with.”

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 2:53 AM

Mensa member Sharon Stone can relate.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 2:54 AM

Of course. Of course. Poor Kate, who’s never done a thing to her face.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 2:58 AM

I believe her. Usually its the stupid and incompetent that make their way up to the top. For example, the top real estate agents who sell the most expensive listings are total morons.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 3:01 AM

Wow, all that plastic surgery, she looks like a Stepford Wife.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 3:02 AM

Well, she is an obvious liar regarding plastic surgeries. History of humblebrag with this one. I recall an Interview where she laughed that her daughter thinks she looks like JLo and could not tell them part in photos.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 3:09 AM

she was cute in that one whit stillman film, after that. . . .

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 3:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!