Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

KJ Apa wants to join RuPaul's Drag Race as his 'feminine' alter-ego Fifi

Step aside: OkaaaaayJ Apa is coming through.

Riverdale actor KJ Apa recently opened up about his long-brewing affection for the queens of RuPaul's Drag Race, telling NME in a new interview that his deep-seated connection with his TikTok-famous "feminine side" — whom he refers to as "Fifi" in short video clips posted to his profile on the social media site — has his sights set firmly on joining VH1's Emmy-winning drag queen competition series in the future. "I love watching RuPaul's Drag Race and I've told my agents I want to be on that show," Apa told the publication. "But at the same time, RuPaul's Drag Race and the characters on that show, they're the real deal, they're the most authentic. I don't think I'd be allowed on that show because I'm not the real deal. But why did I share Fifi with the world? Because it's not something that I feel like I need to hide. I am proud of Fifi. I really enjoy that [side of myself]."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2021 3:43 AM

"No one's asked me about Fifi before, but she's been living inside of me for a long time," he continued of the persona. "I have quite literally known and messed with this character since I was eight, nine, 10 years old. She allows me to express the feminine side of myself through moving and my physicality. My sisters would dress me up in drag as a kid — I'd put on lipstick and wear wigs and stuff – and I used to love exploring that part [of myself]. It was epic."

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 1:53 AM

Fifi has got some moves.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 2:01 AM

Girls with that name don't do too well.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 2:05 AM

Artists have long been a bit mentally ill. This might be a form of schizophrenia.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 2:11 AM

Is he trying to come out?

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2021 5:12 AM

Bitch needs to take her ass back to Part City where she belongs!

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2021 9:20 AM

His Riverdale colleague Jordan Connor won in the first episode of Rupaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2021 9:51 AM

Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2021 9:52 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2021 1:09 AM

His career is over the minute Riverdale is cancelled. The ugly tattoos. And his face is really not attractive. Who cares if he comes out?

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2021 2:21 AM

He's going to turn into Ken Wahl.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2021 2:39 AM

If Dawson ('s Creek) can still work, I don't see why KJ can't.

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2021 2:39 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if he has a similar trajectory to Charlie Hunnam. Neither are especially strong actors but they have an earthy quality that suits blue collar characters.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2021 2:45 AM

Archies looks have gradually gone downhill...Look at his first Riverdale Interview...Cute. Adorable. He did NOT age well..That face got fugly fast and littering up his body with the trashy tattoos did nothing to help his career.. VIDEO (2:55)....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2021 2:57 AM

"Man In His Twenties Doesn't Look Like a Teenager" Shock!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2021 3:10 AM

r5 No, he's just queerbaiting.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2021 6:10 AM

I don't think talking about an alter ego is necessarily queerbaiting.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2021 6:12 AM

His physique is goals

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2021 6:03 PM

He's a daddy now. He is trying to maintain interest in his brand or brands. He's also a singer and musician doing music for the devout Christian crowd. He has to take care of a baby and the baby's momma now.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2021 6:14 PM

I need his workout regimen

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2021 6:33 PM

He's doing music for the devout Christian crowd?

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2021 6:37 PM

He is a right wing closet case. He is one of those self loathers....

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2021 11:00 PM

I love him

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2021 11:37 PM

[Quote] He is a right wing closet case. He is one of those self loathers....

He's absolutely not. He's challenged homophobic comments left on his Insta. His sister is an out lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2021 12:49 AM

The only thing in KJ Apas future is Right Wing Christian movies (which he loves and never revolve around gays)....And Hallmark Movie channels....He is the Lindsay Graham of the CW...He also wears a wig because he has a balding crown.

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2021 12:55 AM

A Right Wing Christian who delights in transgressive gender expression?

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2021 12:56 AM

Bless your heart, r24

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2021 2:24 AM

No, bless your heart if you think this pair are after the Right Wing Christian collective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28October 26, 2021 3:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!