Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Twitter Queen Dionne Warwick wants to unblock your chakras

The latest place to hear Dionne Warwick’s voice — that one-of-a-kind instrument that defined pop sophistication in the mid-1960s — is up a few flights of stairs behind a grimy storefront several blocks from the beach in Venice.

This is the Ohm Zone, a combination recording studio, sound bath and meditation center owned by Warwick’s son Damon Elliott, where the Grammy-winning singer greets visitors in an introductory video full of enveloping tones and high-flown language about the restorative power of certain sonic frequencies.

Part of the booming wellness industry, sound baths are guided meditation experiences that use ambient music to draw practitioners into a state of deep contemplation. And over the past few years, they’ve cropped up in increasing numbers across Los Angeles as celebrities such as Charlize Theron and Adele have extolled their virtues.

But if other joints offer gongs and singing bowls, only the Ohm Zone boasts the serene vocal stylings of the woman who once soothed a weary nation with swanky hits like “I Say a Little Prayer” and “Do You Know the Way to San Jose.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2021 5:25 PM

Fuck the chakras. Looking at that photo, she should be the next James Bond.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 1:27 AM

Asked if she saw this year’s Franklin biopic, “Respect,” Warwick said she had. And what did she think?

“I didn’t,” she replied frostily. “I knew Aretha from when we were teenagers, and there was a lot missing” from the movie, she said, citing crucial figures who were left out, including Franklin’s longtime musical director, H.B. Barnum; drummer Bernard Purdie; and the Sweet Inspirations, the backing-vocal group (featuring Warwick’s aunt Cissy Houston) that frequently performed and recorded with Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 1:50 AM

I bet she really knows how to unlock someone's chakras.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 2:52 AM

Bitch is smokin' in her new Insta vid!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2021 3:13 AM

R4 I know she's ALWAYS done it, but MA'AM. THIS IS 2021. STOP THAT SHIT. It's disgusting. 🚬🚫

Also: I'm with R1. Dionne for the next James Bond!

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2021 3:28 AM

R1 and R5, I shall accept the $40 million payday and a piece of the net IF they get someone else to do the intimate scenes.

I don't swing with any Pussy Galore except my own.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2021 3:35 AM

Ms. Warwick is getting woke the DL-approved way. Eschewing the SJW world instead for personal enlightenment.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2021 3:41 AM

Dionne is 80 years old. Why even bother to quit smoking at that age? Smoke 'em up, Dionne!

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2021 3:42 AM

I really like her sense of humor, and I hope one of the streamers picks up her documentary. Dionne is hot right now, it would get good ratings.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2021 3:44 AM

She's nuts and I love her. Dionne + Burt Bacharach were the pinnacle of 20th century music to me.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2021 3:47 AM

The whole skit was funny. Ego Nwodim's impression was delightful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 7, 2021 7:24 AM

I'll Never Make any Sense Again.

by Anonymousreply 12November 7, 2021 7:40 AM

Dionne is an old school hoodrat. ‘Member when she stole all that dough from the “That’s what friends are for” fundraiser that was intended for helping aids research and victims? Keep smiling and shining you old whore.

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2021 8:07 AM

The moment I wake up

Before I put on that makeup

I light a little blunt or Kools

by Anonymousreply 14November 7, 2021 6:48 PM

Everybody knows Dionne smokes Virginia Slims. Aretha smoked Kools.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 7, 2021 6:52 PM

I enjoyed his cameo last night so much in the "SNL" Dionne Warwick show skit.

by Anonymousreply 16November 7, 2021 11:38 PM

I can't believe she still smokes

by Anonymousreply 17December 5, 2021 5:04 PM

So essentially, Damont has opened a distribution center.

by Anonymousreply 18December 5, 2021 5:11 PM

She enters the studio in a cloud of marijuana smoke and sniping criticisms.

by Anonymousreply 19December 5, 2021 5:13 PM

"Fuck you, Marys! What I do is none of your business. It's between me and my psychic."

by Anonymousreply 20December 5, 2021 5:18 PM

Mmmmmmm......

I love my life. Give a little, get a lot, and give a little more.

But I do not smoke Slims. I smoke no-brand holy-rolled blunts from the Convent of the Littlest Kachina in.... well, I'm not saying where. And other than that it's Kool Non-Filtered. You can see what Re's filters did for her. Well, the diabetes and the you-know-what-but-I'm-not-telling did it more than the filters.

Although I used to clean her filtered butts out of the ashtrays to take home brew some teas. I used boiling water to kill any of the you-know-what-but-I'm-not-telling germs, though.

Shit. The time. I seem to have missed church again. Fuck.

Now you be nice or I'll open that bottom chakra of yours and you'll be sitting on your Dee-pends (my new brand) when you're on your bar stools, boys.

by Anonymousreply 21December 5, 2021 5:22 PM

She looks like Clarence Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 22December 5, 2021 5:23 PM

Woo hoo, Safeway started taking my checks again! Another year or two and I'll be able to declare bankruptcy again! Suck it, all you bitches!

by Anonymousreply 23December 5, 2021 5:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!