Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NIH ADMITS Fauci lied to Congress and funded Wuhan bat coronaviruses

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2021 1:56 PM

This is a big deal, actually.

[quote]NIH's principal deputy director Lawrence A. Tabak admitted to funding gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses in it's Wuhan laboratory

[quote]Gain of Function Research (GOF) is a controversial practice that involves altering a virus or pathogen in order to study the development of new diseases and their transmission.

[quote]In a new letter, NIH's principal deputy director Lawrence A. Tabak (pictured) says lab rats were infected with the modified bat virus in the Wuhan lab in China.

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 6:22 AM

The only commonality to factual reporting the Daily Mail has in this story is that it was reported by Bat Boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 6:37 AM

R1, The Daily Mail?

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 6:57 AM

Apparently there is a problem with reading comprehension above. The NIH said that the money was used to study bat viruses BECAUSE their spike proteins were known to be able to infect humans. The "gain in function" was an accident of that research, not an intended aim of the research. So Fauci was not lying. Let me try to be more clear. If I took a flu virus and tried to make it more infectious and more deadly, I would be working on gain of function. If I took a flu virus and added something to it, such as a snippet of a some virus that everyone is immune to, in the hopes that it would weaken the flu virus, and instead the virus grew more virulent, I would not have been working on gain of function. The result would have been an accident of the research.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 8:49 AM

It's the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 9:07 AM

I get that. I was responding to OP's posting of it.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 9:13 AM

[quote]The "gain in function" was an accident of that research, not an intended aim of the research. So Fauci was not lying.

Yeah, and this has been explained many times, as you noted, but the usual suspects will not stop bringing it up, because they know that their vague and incomplete version of the story will convince a few people that this was a conspiracy to release a man-made virus.

Why that means you shouldn't get the vaccine for it is beyond me, but they also believe that.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 9:39 AM

Thanks menluvinguy. In case anyone is actually interested in the definition of P3CO (the term that replaced GOF, the three p’s are pathogens of pandemic potential) I am attaching a link with the criteria.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 10:01 AM

I think the US funded Wuhan so that they could keep an eye on what the Chinese were doing in that Wuhan Lab. When Trump took over he rolled back some of the checks and balances and the Chinese went rogue. The rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 9December 22, 2021 11:35 AM

Thank you R4, for the detailed explanation.

But it's all for naught for simpletons like R1, who only believe what they want to believe, not the actual truth.

by Anonymousreply 10December 22, 2021 11:39 AM

I see R4. The Fauci-funded Chinese accidentally created the most devastating virus the world has ever seen, and then accidentally let it escape from their bio-weapons lab.

I guess that makes everything OK then.

by Anonymousreply 11December 22, 2021 11:45 AM

Actually it does make everything OK. His work was for good not for evil.

Sorry that butt hurts you to hear that. Now to troll somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 12December 22, 2021 12:16 PM

No moron @ R11. The idea was to proactively prevent a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2021 12:22 PM

[quote]because they know that their vague and incomplete version of the story will convince a few people that this was a conspiracy to release a man-made virus.

They don't actually care about this at all. You are missing the point. The point is to discredit Fauci, period, full stop.

Unfortunately, in this case, he has left himself open to their attacks.

by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2021 12:36 PM

[quote] in it's Wuhan laboratory

Oh, DEAR!

Then again, any publication that would write this trash cannot be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2021 12:53 PM

Bumping old COVID conspiracy threads? Sure, why not.

by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2021 1:53 PM

r16 Just stop it.

by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2021 1:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!