Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Latina pay gap

So there’s a meme spreading on social that says latinas only get paid 57 cents on the dollar compared to white men. Many Hollywood actresses, particularly latinas, are expressing outrage about this.

I get the sense people think this disparity is for the same work. Of course it’s not. That’s against the law. It’s due to education, prejudice in hiring and promotion (which is much harder to police than same pay for same work), and life choices, like motherhood as opposed to career.

What does white male DL say?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 1:20 PM

By the way, the funny thing about this is, several of these Latina actresses who are so outraged make 10 or 100 times what the average white male makes. When is thar pay gap going to be closed? Lol

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2021 12:43 AM

I care nothing for facts when outrageous memes get me going!

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2021 1:18 AM

Hey Latinas: Thanks to Derek Chauvin, America only pays attention to blacks. You and every other minority can suck it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2021 1:02 PM

memes are divisive and dangerous.

back up the meme with real facts

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2021 1:07 PM

R4) I always look to see if the meme has a source, which this one did and read it if I have an interest in it.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 1:11 PM

[R5] yeah a BULLSHIT SOURCE

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 1:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!