Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays, Tell Me About The Film Series "Twilight."

Were they popular? Did they have any breakout stars or did most just fade away?

by Anonymousreply 45November 7, 2021 12:09 AM

Stewart & Pattinson continue to work, though nothing as big that I'm aware of. Taylor Lautner's career seems to have reached a dead end. Rami Malek won an Oscar for "Bohemian Rhapsody".

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 11:47 PM

Eldergays what was it like when Donald Trump was President?

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 11:50 PM

It was extremely popular with tweens and teenagers (as were the books they was based on). But there was a sense of ridiculousness and campiness to the fandom even among the people who took it seriously, because the books were extremely goofy (vampire skin sparkling in the sun, exaggerated vampire sense of propriety, emo-ness), and then the style of movies was also overwrought and goofy. The bubble popped with the last book, which was really, genuinely (but inadvertently) creepy in having the main characters give birth and then an adult character fall in love with the baby.

The breakout stars were Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, then the band Muse (the soundtrack was big), and then Anna Kendrick and Taylor Lautner.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 11:51 PM

It was dreadful

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote] exaggerated vampire sense of propriety

What exactly does this mean?

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2021 12:08 AM

Remember that Twilight started as a fanfiction story that a Mormon housewife wrote about 50 Shades of Gray. So there is a lot of weird shit in it around sex (or the lack of), including Edward (vampire guy) not wanting to touch Bella (human girl) at all. A lot of the books are him being upset at her wanting to bone him and insisting they wait until the wedding night. He is also ice-cold in temperature.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 12:19 AM

R6 LOL don't know if you're being serious, 50 shades of gay was fanfiction of Edward and Bella from a British haus frau...

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 12:44 AM

Eldergays, what was it like when Moderna and Johnson & Johnson boosters were approved?

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 12:47 AM

R2 I know, is he 4? LOL

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 12:48 AM

R7 You’re right - my bad!

“Having no prior experience as an author, she conceived the idea for the Twilight series in a dream.”

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 12:48 AM

Eldergays, what was September 2021 like? Was it, like, totally different from October 2021?

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 12:51 AM

Is Taylor Lautner still hot, or did he age out quick?

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 12:54 AM

R12 Idk her

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 1:01 AM

Eldergays, what was Oct 20th 2021 like?

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 1:04 AM

^^LOL

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 1:12 AM

Eldergays? Didn't this teen, softcore trilogy premiere like ten years ago?

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2021 1:21 AM

Just watch this scene, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2021 12:52 PM

It's hard to decide what was worse about the movies - the acting or the dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2021 12:57 PM

Eldergays, how did you cope during the covid-19 pandemic?

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2021 1:02 PM

R18

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2021 1:06 PM

Eldergays, what was it like way back when during the November 2021 off-year elections?

by Anonymousreply 21November 3, 2021 11:59 PM

Two hot guys fighting over a plain boring basic girl. That's the appeal to teen girls and some gays. A lot of girls in my high school where obsessed with this series. Read the books and anticipated the movie prior to release. I never hated it because it wasn't my demographic. Not that there's a lot of gay teen lit but I just was a hipster who preferred to read classics or literature for adults. That said, I always thought Taylor Lautner was cute - I saw Sharkboy and Lavagirl as a kid. He grew up be very hot. Robert Pattinson I thought was a total butterface, nice abs but goofy looking face. But I wouldn't kick him out of bed. Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress, terrible even in Catch That Kid. I wasn't surprised to learn that her parents are in the film industry.

by Anonymousreply 22November 5, 2021 7:08 PM

A friend loaned me the book when they first came out, before the CRAZE. "You love Buffy, you'll love this."

I got to page 200 and gave it back because nothing had happened except lots od staring.

by Anonymousreply 23November 5, 2021 7:10 PM

Incredibly romantic. Superb acting. Beautiful cinematography. I am lucky to have watched it at least 2 dozen times.

I am grateful to HVN/Haters Know Nothing blog - that is how I leaned of the top secret marriage of the two stars, and their children. Did you know that they traveled through secret tunnels in LA to avoid paparazzi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2021 7:12 PM

Never heard of "Twilight", but sit down and let me tell tell you about the "Perils of Pauline".

by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2021 7:13 PM

Never forget

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2021 7:14 PM

Remember when some of us DLers infiltrated HKN's blog, those were some good times.

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2021 7:16 PM

59 her and never saw it. Maybe this is a junior eldergay thing??

by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2021 7:19 PM

^ here not her

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2021 7:21 PM

What pissed me off the most about the film was how cheaply it was made. Whatever you think of Harry Potter and similar franchises, it's clear time and money and effort was put into them. The Twilight films look cheap, like every possible corner was cut in the budget.

by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2021 7:22 PM

Why do you fools reply to these troll threads? Twilight is 12 years old only. The OP is old enough to know about it.

by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2021 7:45 PM

Right R31? Even if he is still eighteen he certainly must have watched it as child or a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 32November 5, 2021 8:02 PM

[Quote] That said, I always thought Taylor Lautner was cute - I saw Sharkboy and Lavagirl as a kid. He grew up be very hot. Robert Pattinson I thought was a total butterface, nice abs but goofy looking face.

Interesting 😄 Taylor is usually the one who gets described as a butterface. And Robert is a footface with spray on abs.

[Quote] A friend loaned me the book when they first came out, before the CRAZE. "You love Buffy, you'll love this."

I would have been insulted. Buffy was actually a good show.

by Anonymousreply 33November 6, 2021 3:05 PM

the first movie came out in 2008, how fuckin old are you OP, are you even legal?

by Anonymousreply 34November 6, 2021 3:26 PM

Hated that shit.

Fraus LIVED for it. My frau friends were OBSESSED with the books and then would go in groups to the movies. We were in our 20s and they were lusting after some high school vampire.

by Anonymousreply 35November 6, 2021 3:27 PM

Twilight, True Blood, Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries and etc were all the rage in the late 2000s to early 2010s. It must have been a revival of the late 90s obsession with sexy vampires and supernatural beings like Interview with the Vampire, Buffy, Angel, Charmed, etc. Those fads do seem to work in cycles.

by Anonymousreply 36November 6, 2021 3:30 PM

Really stupid trolling comment to open the thread. Nobody lives under a rock and Twilight is not a franchise of today's eldergays. OP can fuck himself for being so humorless.

by Anonymousreply 37November 6, 2021 3:33 PM

I was too old to get into them at the time, OP.

by Anonymousreply 38November 6, 2021 3:33 PM

[Quote] Twilight, True Blood, Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries and etc were all the rage in the late 2000s to early 2010s.

Too bad they all turned out to be shit. Although Teen Wolf and True Blood had gay characters (and sex scenes).

by Anonymousreply 39November 6, 2021 4:35 PM

Does anyone remember The Blair Witch Project? It was supposed to be so scary and all it was was a bunch of kids running through the woods screaming throwing a camera around

by Anonymousreply 40November 6, 2021 4:38 PM

Having gay characters means shit. Who cares? I want a good series.

by Anonymousreply 41November 6, 2021 4:54 PM

R40 are you trolling???

by Anonymousreply 42November 6, 2021 4:54 PM

R33 I was insulted

by Anonymousreply 43November 6, 2021 6:28 PM

The book and the movies are kind of shit, but the movies came with cute Taylor Lautner showing off his abs and a pretty decent soundtrack.

Love this Editor track (song starts at 0:48 for some strange reason).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 6, 2021 6:42 PM

R41 if everyone felt that way the CW wouldn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 45November 7, 2021 12:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!