Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Please share 2021 Christmas Ideas: what do you want? what are you giving?

I can never figure out what to ask for or give. So I thought why not a DL list on this?

And here's my gift for Mom: a plug in coffee mug (I have one that works great).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2021 2:56 PM

Everyone I know will be gifted with Lumez

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 10:09 PM

Lume

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 10:09 PM

Some of my guy pals will get these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 11:14 PM

Price range please? I'm giving a few pairs of cashmere sweats. I'm not really a fan of athleisure as a fashion statement, but they look like wonderfully comfortable lounge-around-the-house clothes for winter. Safe to say I'm giving what I want to receive.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 11:25 PM

Thank you, r3. The polka dot socks are absolutely perfect for a friend of mine.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 11:42 PM

With family scattered all over I'm giving consumable gifts locally, and experiences gift cards for out of state. So far I have chosen three different restaurants in the L.A. area for gift cards, and two in London. Also like sending Harrods baskets to London friends who'd never shop there.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2021 12:08 AM

Boombas socks for everyone!!! So worth it!

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 12:11 AM

I only buy for the niece and nephew now. Adults get booze. It's cheaper and easier. Plus everyone gets what they want.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 12:11 AM

Lume for pits, feet and every stinky crevice

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 12:16 AM

Gift cards and baklava trays this year, btwn supply chain and USPS issues I’m going to keep it simple.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 12:25 AM

Who the hell wants to think about Christmas right now? Fuck off, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 12:26 AM

Is Lume really $20 deodorant?

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 12:28 AM

I usually give out calendars but I've been able to WALK in OCTOBER the last two years.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 12:37 AM

I’ve got about 30 people to buy for so I start early.

We went up to Cold Spring today and I got lots of different things, but I have to say that the exciting find was Stashers bags; good for the environment, economical, flexible and just kind of cool looking. I wish I bought more in the store. I think it’s a gift people would actually use.

(I love shopping, but I hate owning things so Christmas works out well for me.)

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 12:43 AM

Everybody is an adult in my family. We stopped exchanging gifts a long time ago.

Now we just spend Christmas Day in a frenzy of gluttony. And, between courses (read: rich salty and sugary snacks and entrees) we stand around like bears staring into a river awaiting our next bite.

The GB Packers are playing Christmas Day so that’ll up the calorie count into the thousands.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 1:10 AM

Della/r15, that’s exactly what our family does. We have a couple of nieces that get presents, but we start Christmas Eve with the food feast. We don’t exchange gifts ever, not even birthdays.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2021 1:17 AM

Way to do it, r16.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2021 1:31 AM

My Sister, a grown ass 52 year old, refuses to stop the adult gift giving. I’m so sick of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2021 11:25 AM

The sentiment of gift giving is beautiful. But I honestly don't like receiving gifts (Christmas, birthdays etc.). My first thought, always, is: "Where am I going to put this?"

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2021 12:22 PM

I like what my work place does. The local shelters and social services who provide temporary housing for the poor or know of families with young children who need toys for Christmas morning gather the info and needs for about 10 families, sizes, ages, and we divide the list up at work.

It’s usually the high income no kids employees who take on the needier cases.

And it’s all done anonymously.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2021 1:14 PM

I should add that because it’s done through official agencies, there is at least some assurance that it’s all on the up & up.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2021 1:16 PM

R6 have you looked at the Fortnum & Mason baskets? I always get big thank yous from recipients as they are very special.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2021 1:39 PM

Yes Lume is $20. That makes it the perfect Xmas gift.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2021 2:03 PM

Have you used Lume? Does it leave white residue on your shirts?

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2021 2:07 PM

R20, need any fire trucks?

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2021 5:18 PM

Povitica bread from Strawberry Hill is really good and not something that anyone would probably make at home. Once you become an adult and don't want or need any more "things," nice food items are pretty much the only way to go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2021 5:23 PM

I have a weird family and we’re all not really into “stuff. I give boxes of Sees candy to my brothers and sister (it’s a tradition) and something small and fun to the younger generation (who are all in their 20s and 30s). This year, it’s Lego sets and D&D stuff.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2021 5:28 PM

My family is cheap in gift giving, i kind of dread all the crap i'll receive. I don't mean to seem ungrateful. I do put thought into my gifts so it kind of sucks to not have it reciprocated.

My sister and i do give each other white-elephant gifts and sometimes things that we remembered from our childhood. It's a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2021 6:45 PM

Extra long iPhone cables: that's what I'm getting nieces and nephews. I bought them 3 years ago, and everyone has lost/damaged them. But they keep asking if they'll ever get them again.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2021 2:28 PM

Can I be any of you rich gays' friends?

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2021 2:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!