Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The best, most exciting cities in the US that are not NYC

Or LA.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2021 9:54 PM

Why is everyone on DL obsessed with cities? We’re all at home most of the time anyway these days, and America’s cities are more and more homogeneous.

Most people will arrange their lifestyle more of the less the same regardless of what city they’re in, so why try to attach objectivity to something that’s going to vary greatly depending on individual priorities and experience?

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 7:38 PM

*more OR less

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 7:39 PM

I agree with R1.

That said, I gotta cast my vote for San Francisco.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 7:42 PM

I can find excitement in any city that is different from the one I live in, but in recent years, I absolutely loved Detroit when I visited. I would have moved there but for those dreadful winters.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 7:50 PM

Scat queen invasion in 5, 4, 3…

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 7:55 PM

R4 Dodging bullets is exciting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 7:56 PM

I'd have to say San Francisco as well.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 8:03 PM

R6 - Aw shucks, I didn't have to dodge even one bullet while I visited. Do you read the crime stats for every place before you visit? Pulling up an article like in response to my comment makes you come off as a dreary, fearful, ninny who is probably better off never leaving the house. Take care, dear.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 8:05 PM

I hate how homeless people are everywhere

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 8:25 PM

R8 My ex grew up there. I've been at least a dozen times. It's an brutal dystopian abandoned violent shithole. Everyone knows this and nobody is going there. You must live there. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2021 8:27 PM

Detroit is number three on the misery index, after Gary, Indiana and Port Arthur, Texas. Tell me about the nightlife?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2021 8:31 PM

Asheville!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2021 8:38 PM

Portland, OR; Memphis, TN; Portland, ME; Boston, MA; Austin, TX; NOLA, LA; Seattle, WA; Honolulu, HI. That's about all I have for now.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2021 8:45 PM

Oh, and I loved Chicago, IL and Milwaukee, WI.

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2021 8:48 PM

^Portland, OR and Memphis; I would love to visit.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2021 9:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!