Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which Actor was the best 007 James Bond?

Who do you feel was the best James Bond, and why were they the best?

For me, it’s always been Pierce Brosnan. His Bond was different, yes, but I liked it. He was more pretty and suave and less macho and aggressive. I remember people being against his casting originally, but they ended up liking him, same as Daniel Craig (I even remember some fans outraged because Craig is blond and Bond isn’t blond).

I also find the Brosnan films the most entertaining. I absolutely love The World is Not Enough. I was 12 when it came out and was obsessed with it (and Denise Richards. So hot). I also loved “The World Is Not Enough” song by Garbage.

I also love Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies. Die Another Day was a lot of fun but a mess.

Craig’s films are too dark and serious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2021 1:14 AM

Barry Nelson!

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 7:15 PM

Agree about Brosnan. I always liked him as Bond, followed by Connery.

Craig is overrated.

Why no men of color as Bond? That’s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 7:16 PM

Voted for Connery, but that doesn't mean that his movies were the best. My favorite Bond movies: The Spy who loved me, On her Majesty's Secret Service, GoldenEye, Skyfall, From Russia with Love.

The World Is Not Enough is underrated in my opinion. Sophie Marceau was a very good villain, and the story had substance. But most of Brosnans movies are bogged down for being too formulaic and all that ridiculous product placement.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 7:26 PM

Timothy Dalton. He was the most realistic Bond. Plus the Living Daylights is a great Cold War movie.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 7:28 PM

Dalton is the worst r4

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 10:09 PM

Dalton was a miscast, imo. He is a good actor, but I was hoping and expecting somebody more light hearted. You could say he was the right Bond for the Craig years, but back then he was quite a culture shock after the goofy Moore years.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 11:42 PM

Daniel Craig is the best by a mile. He has swagger and is the only one I believe could actually survive the situations Bond found himself in.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 11:46 PM

Considering the age of DLers, I knew Sean Connery would be the most selected.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 11:48 PM

I would put Connery and Craig as equals though they played different Bonds. They really aren’t competing against each other. Whatever their merits, the others seem pretty forgettable to me.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 12:10 AM

I have to say as a huge Bond fan I enjoy the Roger Moore ones the most and return to them more often. Moonraker, Octopussy, and A View To A Kill are great fun. Just what an 80s Bond movie should feel like.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 2:08 AM

Not the next one.

by Anonymousreply 11December 2, 2021 12:41 AM

r1 is correct. Nobody ever equaled Barry Nelson's Jimmy Bond, even if the sound effects man screwed up on the gunshots.

And Peter Lorre was a fine Bond villain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 2, 2021 1:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!