Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GOP memo urges lawmakers to blame White House 'grinches' for Christmas delays

Always the blame game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 7:16 PM

As usual, the GOP has no solutions

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 6:47 PM

That is what both parties do ALL the time. If there is a crisis happening and you aren't in power, you blame the other side. And, if you are in power you downplay the crisis or blame the other party for be obstructionists. This is nothing new or surprising. One of the things that upsets me about politics, and I think turns many people off, is how many people and politicians change their opinions on things not because they really changed but because the power shifted.

The filibuster is a great example. When Democrats were in the minority the filibuster was considered vitally important. Then Sen. Obama had this to say, "If the majority chooses to end the filibuster and if they choose to change the rules and put an end to democratic debate, then the fighting and the bitterness and the gridlock will only become worse.” And, of course at that time many Republicans were in favor of scrapping it. Now, because the power has shifted so has the ones making the arguments. I guarantee you that if the GOP takes control of the Senate in 2022, Dems will then argue that the filibuster must be preserved and their arguments from now will be ignored, just as the GOP arguments for getting rid of it before is now being ignored.

I hope that eventually we can get back to being a country were such rules are agreed upon by all and isn't contingent on whom is in power.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote]The Republican Study Committee (RSC) will send a new memo to lawmakers on Thursday detailing how to blame White House 'grinches' for Christmas delays.

And tonight, and every day until Christmas, Fox News and OAN hosts will hammer the message home.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 7:12 PM

Of course, everyone will get their Xmas presents on time.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 7:13 PM

Always so goddamn childish...which of course resonates with most Americans.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 7:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!