Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dateline Port Charles: Resurrections

Recently the show has seen the resurrection of multiple people the other characters thought dead. Sonny is back, busting in the bedroom as his wife and best friend was about to have their honeymoon. Victor Cassadine is back, Valentine is his son. I kinda suspect Britt might be as well. Drew Cain is not dead, he just has a new ripped body. And, of course Peter has more lives than a satanic cat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 13, 2021 12:56 AM

Sorry, I meant to say I think Britt will turn out to be Victor's daughter and Valentine's brother. Lisel said she wishes she could wave a wand and remove Faison from Britt's mind. This might just do it. It will mean she slept with and married her cousin, but they wouldn't be too closely related as Nic would be Britt's uncle's grandson. And the Cassadines are an old royal/noble family so it wouldn't be the first time family slept with family in that line.

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 6:41 PM

R1 Fuck it, my mind isn't working today, she would be Valentine's sister. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now discuss the show...

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 6:42 PM

I would love for Britt to be Valentin's sister, I think the actors would be great together. I do hope Victor Sheffield sticks around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 6:47 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, is performing the wedding ceremony for dick of death Duelly and that red head from Y&R this weekend. Given dick of death’s history, this won’t end well.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 6:49 PM

Cameron certainly has been working out in the decade since AMC left the air.

He had a good body on AMC, but no where near as ripped as he does now.

And certainly looks more fit than Billy Miller ever did in the role.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 6:50 PM

R5 I can't believe he is 52.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 6:52 PM

Didn't CM have a bout with cancer recently?

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 7:00 PM

So, did they send Taggart packing when the got Sean out of jail?

Taggart hasn't been on in at least three months.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 8:11 PM

Britt being Faison's daughter makes her more unique and gives her more of a story than just being another Cassadine. Also, since Maxie is raising a couple of Faison's grandchildren, they are going to need family ties as well.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 11:17 PM

R9 She would still be connected to Maxie because Nathan would still be her brother, she would still have been raised as Faison's daughter, but this way she would NOT be related to Peter.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 12:32 AM

I will say this to Ms. Frank V, if you don't stop this location name dropping, without any follow through, I am driving to Prospect Studios and kick you in the fucking balls. If Michael is doing a deal with a DA of Llantano County, it should be either Nora, Tea, Evangeline back from the dead, or some other OLTL lawyer. If not, you are torturing us, not making us happy.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 12:55 AM

Though I do like the new big courtroom set. There better be a courtroom story coming up, don't waste such a nice set.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2021 12:59 AM

Thank you OP! You were so quick starting the new thread. I’m the one who asked for help over on the Henderson thread. Sorry I had to wait until after prime time to thank you probably. I was interested in the new restaurant set. Does this business have a name? I think it looks a lot like a repurposed Tan-O set. The placement of the bar, the entrance, the outdoor space where Lenny died are all the same. But of course, the addition of customers throws everything off. And yes R11 the new courtroom looks nice. Who’s paying for this?

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2021 1:21 AM

When they introduced the fancy restaurant set a few months ago, I think they mentioned the name of it as Beradino's. A homage to the actor who played Steve Hardy. The restaurant's logo looks like a signature, so it was likely his signature.

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2021 2:11 AM

Thank you so much for starting this, OP! I actually did prepare something when the other thread locked up last night, but I was prime-timed and couldn't get it posted. I'm gonna go ahead and post it here since there's no point in hanging on to it for next time. And an extra big thank you for using moi picture!

Dateline Port Charles: Papa Was a Rolling Stone

Color me crazy, chatons, but it's beginning to feel like Father's Day in October. All the wayward, long-lost fathers are suddenly coming out of the woodwork. First they pulled the Victor/Valentin rabbit out of a hat, then Curtis got himself a creepy new stalker-father (presumed) skulking around the Chuck, and now even perennially MIA Jeff Webber seems to have crawled out of the jungle and put the Swiss Army knife down long enough to remember he actually spawned a daughter, or two. And to top that off, rumor even has it that Ron Moss just blew through town to stake his paternal claim on that thing in the Corinthos kitchen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 5:25 AM

[quote]rumor even has it that Ron Moss just blew through town to stake his paternal claim on that thing in the Corinthos kitchen!

Ahh, that's what happened to the bowl of moss.

Don't forget Ronn was on GH before -- a few years ago at the Nurse's Ball singing "Baby Come Back."

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2021 6:35 AM

What about Chase's father? Did he and Jackie get killed off screen?

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2021 10:52 AM

Actually, where is Chase? Are we being forced to FF through Michael-Willow scenes now because the actor is off doing another Netflix movie?

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2021 12:01 PM

How many characters currently on the show have been believed to be dead (at least once)? Sonny, Jason, Peter, Victor, Drew...

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2021 5:15 PM

Weren't Anna and Robert "dead" at one point too? Anna also washed up on the Pennsylvania side of the river, Pine Valley to be specific.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2021 5:18 PM

Yeah, if I lived in Port Charles and someone who wasn't ancient or missing vital organs "died," I'd just skip the funeral. I'd mourn once they've been "dead" at least 20 years.

R19 and R20 from your lists we have: Sonny, Jason, Peter, Victor, Drew, Anna, and Robert. I would add Nicolas and Jake Webber. Also, my mind might be playing tricks on me but wasn't Scotty "dead" at some point on either GH or PC?

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2021 5:37 PM

Laura was dead/disappeared from Jan. 1982 to Nov. 1983.

Ryan Chamberlain was dead from 1993 to 2018.

Ava Jerome was dead for a few months back in 2014 or 2015.

Luke was dead for a while in 1983.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2021 6:48 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, decides who lives or dies, or lives or dies.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2021 6:58 PM

David Henry Archer aka Coby Ryan McLaughlin needs to be repurposed as Nik. Send milquetoast Marcus back to Clearwater, FL to be audited or whatever it is those $cientos do there.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2021 7:05 PM

ITA, R24. Especially if they are going the route of making him evil and potentially squaring off against Valentin, he's going to need a lot more gravitas.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2021 7:09 PM

Gravitas is certainly something Marcus Coloma is lacking.

I have a hard time believing he's even the father of an 18 year old, much less any kind of menace or threat to the real villains in town. He looks too young and scrawny to be believable as either a father or a menace.

There's a reason why Nikolas has had very few scenes opposite Valentin. James Patrick Stuart would overpower Marcus Coloma is a matter of seconds. Hell, if Valentin sneezed hard, it would blow NuNik away.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2021 7:26 PM

Leslie Weber was dead from 1984 to 1996. Wish she was still in town.

AJ Quatermain was dead from 2005 to 2012. And then he died again in 2014.

Edward Quatermain was dead from 1989 to 1991. Then he died again in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2021 7:32 PM

Was Brando dead before he came to town?

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2021 8:38 PM

Yes, Gladys reported Brando as dead before he showed up alive.

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2021 8:55 PM

Lucky was dead from April 1999 when Jonathan Jackson left to March 2000 when Jacob Young took over the role.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2021 9:02 PM

Brenda "died" too, right?

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2021 9:16 PM

Julian Jerome was dead from 1990 to 2013 and then died again in 2020.

Duke Lavery was dead from 1990 to 2012 and then died again in 2015.

Stavros Cassadine was dead from 1983 to 2000, then died again in 2001 and came back to life in 2013 and died again a few days later in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2021 9:46 PM

Robin Scorpio Drake was dead for a while in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2021 9:48 PM

They should resurrect Spencer's Grandpopsicle Stavros again and have the two team up against Nik and Ava.

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2021 10:32 PM

Seems like Brenda died sometime in there.

But frankly, she's come and gone so much in the last 20 years, I long ago quit trying to keep up with her status.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2021 10:45 PM

Babies, too, there have also been multiple babies that had supposedly "died" but then it turned out they hadn't.

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2021 3:37 AM

So now Nina is going to be arrested for not revealing that Sonny was alive? Is that even a crime? Is Bob Guza available to come and fix this mess?

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2021 3:41 AM

R37 Somehow, Sonny will come to her rescue. Which will cause drama with Carly and Michael.

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2021 3:48 AM

What's with the unnecessary sets? There is a new restaurant every week, and you could land a plane in that courtroom.

Meanwhile, over in Genoa City, you practically fall into the kitchen when you get off the sofa in the Chancellor living room.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2021 10:45 AM

Shame nobody likes NuNik. He’s one of the best looking actors on the show.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2021 8:11 PM

This isn’t a Bell show. We don’t hire for looks and hope they learn to act.

by Anonymousreply 41October 24, 2021 9:18 AM

I want NuNik inside me quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 42October 24, 2021 9:39 AM

I'll take JPS over Marcus any day.

by Anonymousreply 43October 24, 2021 3:38 PM

NuNik sees unfinished. He doesn't even look like a fully grown man. The part needs a man in the role.

by Anonymousreply 44October 24, 2021 3:42 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, cast Marcus as NuNik. He’ll be there forever!

by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2021 4:42 PM

NuNik always sounds exasperated. Every single line delivery.

by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2021 4:47 PM

They must have seen dozens of actors for the Nik replacement. How did they arrive at him? But GH has a history of let's say "odd" replacements. Despite how practically iconic Sarah Joy Browne became as the original Carly, they scored pretty well with her replacements, (except once). But none of the Nik and Lucky replacements came close to the originals, and Colonna is one of the weakest ever.

by Anonymousreply 47October 24, 2021 5:03 PM

Interesting wedding attire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 25, 2021 12:06 AM

I love things like that R48 just to see who gets invited and who doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2021 12:12 AM

R48 It must be love, to dress like that.

by Anonymousreply 50October 25, 2021 12:42 AM

It looks like the guests were told to dress in theme, too. Question is, what theme is that, exactly? Penny Dreadful Nouveau Steam Punk Goth Macabre? I'm gonna need the clip-clop of horses' hooves drawing a black carriage through dark, misty alleyways whilst Jack the Ripper crouches nearby for that one, not Malibu Ken and Barbie. Did they at least serve Bloody Marys, type O, with real finger sandwiches?

by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2021 1:55 AM

R51 The theme supposedly was steampunk.

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2021 5:52 AM

So Courtney got the dick of death……..for now. This won’t end well.

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2021 6:30 AM

I thought Ingo Rademacher was gay. But I see pics of him and his wife and kids. Was that just DL wishful thinking?

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2021 2:08 PM

Maura has the old hands. Yuck. They showed her hands onscreen. Old looking. WTF.

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2021 3:17 PM

Ingo eats snatch.

by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2021 5:34 PM

Ingo eats shit.

by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2021 7:14 PM

God, I hate the Gladys/ Brando/ Sasha stuff. Especially Gladys.

by Anonymousreply 58October 25, 2021 7:41 PM

Gladys is useless.

by Anonymousreply 59October 25, 2021 9:13 PM

Someone wipe that smirk off Carly's face. Is she supposed to be the good guy in this storyline?

by Anonymousreply 60October 25, 2021 11:34 PM

Carly, through all her actresses, has maintained the ability to make you dislike her even when she is clearly the injured party.

by Anonymousreply 61October 25, 2021 11:37 PM

Did y’all see the pics from dick of death’s wedding? Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2021 1:55 AM

R62 They should have really united the soaps and had Deirdre Hall officiate as Satan.

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2021 1:57 AM

What was the story arc a bit ago when they had all the Carly actress back for an episode?

by Anonymousreply 64October 26, 2021 2:48 AM

R62 who?

by Anonymousreply 65October 26, 2021 3:07 AM

r64 it was another storyline where mobster with a heart of gold, Sonny actually feels bad about his crimes (this time it was murdering AJ in cold blood) but not feeling bad enough to actually confess his crime to police

by Anonymousreply 66October 26, 2021 4:09 AM

I will be disappointed if Walt Willey isn't cast as NuJeff Webber. Perhaps LaLucci could also make an appearance as Liz's absent mother.

by Anonymousreply 67October 26, 2021 7:08 PM

Gladys’ face reminds me of white trash.

by Anonymousreply 68October 26, 2021 7:20 PM

Rumor on twitter is there will be a St. Valentine's Day massacre that will help purge the over inflated cast. I hope it's true.

Jax can take a hike. Peter is long past his expiration date. Mr. Sheffield only signed for six months so he could be a casualty after he bonds with Valentin.

Since it's Valentine's Day they'll have to kill off one half of a couple to make it extra sad. I submit Willow for consideration to continue the dick of death tradition.

by Anonymousreply 69October 26, 2021 7:38 PM

I really like Mr. Sheffield, so far. I can't wait until he has some scenes with BLQ, since she reminds me very much of Fran Fine; her general look, the nasally New York accent, the dry, snarky comebacks. I could totally see the writers having a little fun with that one. Like, upon meeting his "granddaughter" Bailey for the first time, he acts dismissively toward Brook Lyn and she gets all "Hey, what do you think I am, the nanny?"

by Anonymousreply 70October 26, 2021 8:56 PM

Another new set.

Also, there was a new little Mary cast as the new Aiden. As a kid, I would have hated that character because I would, have then and to this day will, argue that cooking is not an inherently feminine/non-masculine trait. I would also argue that they are engaging in reinforcing stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 71October 27, 2021 12:29 AM

It’s nice Spencer got a haircut in Port Chuck LockUp

by Anonymousreply 72October 27, 2021 12:35 AM

Which one of Elizabeth's baby daddies is Aiden's father. I think Zander is Cameron's daddy, but I'm not sure about the other two. Didn't Nicholas knock her up? I think Jason did too.

by Anonymousreply 73October 27, 2021 12:55 AM

R73 Aiden is a little Spencer! He is Lucky's biological child.

by Anonymousreply 74October 27, 2021 1:29 AM

R65 they're referring to the Michael Corinthos actor and the Sally Spectra actress (Y&R) wedding over the past weekend. They had a "steam punk" theme where the guests wore black and leather and the bride and groom were dressed in crimson

by Anonymousreply 75October 27, 2021 1:55 AM

Thanks R74. Has Lucky ever paid one penny of child support?

by Anonymousreply 76October 27, 2021 2:34 AM

R75 = Am I the only one who thinks Sally looks like a man in drag?...I am not saying that to be rude but she really does look like a Drag Race contestant. Video = 7 min mark. Bonus Points in the video= DL Fave Anthony Turpel ---closet twink from 4 years ago, long before his Love Victor fame..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 27, 2021 2:51 AM

Did Kristen Alderson attend the wedding?

by Anonymousreply 78October 27, 2021 5:52 AM

When is Esme going to pop Cameron's cherry?

by Anonymousreply 79October 27, 2021 2:33 PM

[quote]When is Esme going to pop Cameron's cherry?

When she needs to suck his blood. Haven't you seen The Hunger?

by Anonymousreply 80October 28, 2021 2:30 AM

R80 I don't think she will actually deflower little Cam. I predict that Joss will pick up on what is happening and get all sluttly and bang Cam first. The writers need to get over the hump, so to speak, so as to integrate the teen set into the adult world.

by Anonymousreply 81October 28, 2021 2:38 AM

Joss wouldn't give it up to Oscar and she knew he was dying. Cam's going to have to wait a long time

by Anonymousreply 82October 28, 2021 3:02 AM

R82 That is kinda the point, that was her big chaste teen romance. She is now portraying a girl in college, having sex marks her as no longer being a child, but an adult. They have to move those characters along into that stage to keep them interesting.

by Anonymousreply 83October 28, 2021 5:07 AM

R77The Bad and The Boringful is a horrid soap. Worst acting and the most vapid cast. It has no sense of humor and is a snoozefest of the highest order.

R75 The wedding was a goth/steampunk affair. A total fashion disaster. Cunty Hype is a hot woman but she really wants to be a vampire. She really emasculated Chad with their tacky red wedding gear. Who the fuck designed their outfits .....The Vampire Lestat?

by Anonymousreply 84October 28, 2021 5:14 AM

That marriage won’t last a year.

by Anonymousreply 85October 28, 2021 6:20 AM

Ugh! The pervert is back posting at SON again. Time for Vee, who’s in the biz, to get the lysol back out.

by Anonymousreply 86October 28, 2021 6:31 AM

R85 He's hung like a horse and she looks like an animal in bed. I give it more than a year. However he is no fucking goth. When she dresses as Wednesday from The Addams Family everyday that will be the end of it. No man can forgive that sort of fashion faux pas.

by Anonymousreply 87October 28, 2021 6:47 AM

Cam has terminal little boy face, and the thought of him being sexually active is creepy.

NuSpencer, on the other hand, has matured significantly since he started and needs to be moved away from the teens.

by Anonymousreply 88October 28, 2021 9:44 AM

It shows how we've regressed in soap storytelling. When Laura was Joss' age (maybe even a skosh younger than Joss) she was fucking older men and killing them. Hell, look at the shit Carly was doing when she was around that age. Teen stories used to be way more provocative.

by Anonymousreply 89October 28, 2021 12:55 PM

Why is Cam still even there? Awful actor.

by Anonymousreply 90October 28, 2021 3:38 PM

R89- A-Fucking-men! Can we say "rhymes with Schmizz-ney?"

[quote]I will be disappointed if Walt Willey isn't cast as NuJeff Webber. Perhaps LaLucci could also make an appearance as Liz's absent mother.

La Lucci can stay put, but WW is (or was) hot to death and I could totally see him as Alexis' next steamy elder affair. I think they would click, big time. Sorry, kids, but when it comes to sizzle, the olds seem WAY more proficient at it. Just look at Anna and Valentin, they haven't even had sex yet, but the heat is palpable.

by Anonymousreply 91October 29, 2021 1:34 AM

Eliminate the teens AND Michael & Willow. Their scenes yesterday and today were torture to watch.

by Anonymousreply 92October 29, 2021 2:06 AM

[quote]When she dresses as Wednesday from The Addams Family everyday that will be the end of it. No man can forgive that sort of fashion faux pas.

It's PASTELS that can't be forgiven! Know your genre, dammit.

by Anonymousreply 93October 29, 2021 2:18 AM

Characters who could be fired any day (and nobody would care)....Brando...Willow...Maxie...Peter...Mumbles...Nina (an Emmy winner and they still don't know what to do with her)...Joss...Cameron...Shawn...Sam...Dante....Ned.............This show has no edgy stories. GH is like the club. You already know nothing great is going on so why go to the trouble of driving over...

by Anonymousreply 94October 29, 2021 2:24 AM

Are GH’s best days over? They aren’t willing to do what’s necessary to make this show the powerhouse it use to be!!!

by Anonymousreply 95October 29, 2021 2:30 AM

Vee, who is in the biz, and perv Soapsuds are having a battle royale over at SON! Somebody pass the popcorn! That place is full of basement dwelling queens!

by Anonymousreply 96October 29, 2021 2:34 AM

All of Michael's women die....time to kill off Willow.

by Anonymousreply 97October 29, 2021 6:31 AM

I think Nelle is alive. I think she survived the fall and went to Monica who helped her escape. Nelle promised to leave Wiley for a fresh start. Makes sense. Monica also helped AJ fake his death the first time.

by Anonymousreply 98October 29, 2021 7:19 AM

R96 Didn’t Soapsuds leave SON for the 98th time? Now the old pervert is back again??? Jesus, the old psycho has come back more times than Cher and Elton combined! Vee, who’s in the biz, should ban the old perv for good.

by Anonymousreply 99October 29, 2021 9:15 AM

r98 Did Monica even like her? I don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 100October 29, 2021 1:38 PM

So if they bring Jeff back, will the have him see Monica? It would very cool especially if Ricky Dean came back.

by Anonymousreply 101October 29, 2021 3:23 PM

RDA is closing in on 72 years old. Would probably be grateful for the work but would GH want him? Especially when they already have men of a certain age on the show already who look great (Victor Sheffield and the underused Gregory Gonzo Harrison Chase).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 29, 2021 3:38 PM

R102 He still has a known name, and it is always a big deal when you get one of the people the show helped to propel to stardom to return.

by Anonymousreply 103October 29, 2021 4:11 PM

My lord. Richard Dean Anderson is FAT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 104October 29, 2021 4:26 PM

I'm bet Frank will go with one of his OLTL alumni, perhaps Jerry Ver Dorn?

Although Walt Willey would bring more viewers by reuniting Jack Montgomery with his daughter Greenlee/Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 105October 29, 2021 4:33 PM

All good options. Wish they had saved James Depavia Max from oltl. Made him that creepy doctor was miscast.

by Anonymousreply 106October 29, 2021 4:35 PM

I'm all for bringing back the original actors whenever possible.

It's been 40 years since Richard Dean Anderson played Jeff. It would certainly break a record if he came back.

But the bigger question: is RDA camera ready. Photos in recent years have shown RDA obesely fat. In the one linked at r102, he's not as heavy as I have seen him. But he's still rather hefty. Has RDA lost enough weight to appear on camera now? If he comes back looking too fat, that will distract from his return. -- people will be talking more about his weight than his being back playing Jeff Weber.

I agree, James De Paiva would have been perfect in the role. Too bad he was wasted earlier.

Walt Wiley could be good too. Have always liked him. But would it come off as stunt casting since Rebecca Buddig played his daughter on AMC and now again on OLTL?

by Anonymousreply 107October 29, 2021 4:43 PM

I keep wondering why GH doesn't bring the character of David Hayward over to GH.

He's a doctor, he's connected to Anna and has a reputation for doing bold, experimental things. Maybe Helena gave him a grant and he's managed to unthaw Stavros once again.

by Anonymousreply 108October 29, 2021 4:46 PM

GH probably doesn't want to give Vincent money for David Hayward, which he now needs to spend to keep his domestic terrorist son out of jail

DOOL can keep his MAGA ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 29, 2021 5:55 PM

Vinnie has fucked so many soap actresses! Gay Frankie doesn’t like him.

by Anonymousreply 110October 29, 2021 6:05 PM

r109 I'd love to have him on board!

by Anonymousreply 111October 29, 2021 6:22 PM

Just because his son is MAGA doesn't mean he's MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 112October 29, 2021 9:32 PM

R109 Blood libel is NOT a liberal trait.

by Anonymousreply 113October 29, 2021 10:11 PM

Is nobody in PC going to mention that Sonny lost his Grecian Formula?

by Anonymousreply 114November 1, 2021 1:12 PM

Mo should go back to black ricky ricardo hair. Get his shoe black back.

by Anonymousreply 115November 1, 2021 1:55 PM

I was reminded over the weekend that Michelle Stafford originated the role of Nina. It was a weird reminder because Cynthia Watros so completely owns the role of Nina in my mind now, Stafford seems like an ancient, foggy memory.

Found myself trying to picture Stafford playing the Nixon Falls storyline and falling for "Mike." Try as I might, I just couldn't imagine Stafford pulling off that storyline believably. Stafford would have just steamrolled over the nuances that Watros captured so perfectly.

Hard to believe that Watros only started playing the part in June 2019. She has give some stellar performances. Frank was wise when he cast her in the part.

by Anonymousreply 116November 1, 2021 3:13 PM

I like the silver Sonny. I hope he ditches the black tar look.

by Anonymousreply 117November 1, 2021 3:54 PM

MS owned "crazy" Nina. They've wised moved away from that Nina storyline for CW as she's much better at playing subtle and can be a more formidable enemy against Carly

by Anonymousreply 118November 1, 2021 4:26 PM

The show is lacking in hunks. Don't they know why we watch? The only one is the handsome cop. That's not enough.

by Anonymousreply 119November 1, 2021 4:29 PM

I chuckle every time Ava and Nina have scenes together as best friends.

I keep remembering how Nina held a pregnant Ava hostage, induced labor and then kidnapped the newborn baby (Avery) back in 2014.

Hard to imagine becoming best friends after that, but the writers somehow made both of them to forget the incident.

by Anonymousreply 120November 1, 2021 4:49 PM

Dr. O better be okay!

by Anonymousreply 121November 1, 2021 11:22 PM

R116. I'm with you. MS just wasn't great in the role. She didn't have nearly the chemistry with Valentin that the show thought she did. Remember when Cady McClain was rumored to take over Nina after MS left?...That would have been a disaster. CW really can act and she is fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 122November 2, 2021 12:49 AM

Stafford's problem was that she was brought on as a fuck you to Y&R. The character of Nina wasn't fleshed out. They had an actress without a character. It took them all this time to figure out who the character was.

by Anonymousreply 123November 2, 2021 3:30 AM

An actor without a character? Thank goodness they'll never make that mistake again!

by Anonymousreply 124November 2, 2021 4:00 AM

My feeling is they wanted Todd back and when ABC said no, they had to pull Austin out of their asses.

by Anonymousreply 125November 2, 2021 4:18 AM

Isn't the Nurses' Ball supposed to be this November? We've heard nary a mention. Usually Lucy would have been strong-arming the entire town for donations by now.

by Anonymousreply 126November 2, 2021 4:25 AM

R125 Same. Because there was no other reason for the network to suddenly decide no more rapists could be on canvas. And, I still say if Tony Geary came calling that rule would fly out the window.

Compare it to DAYS, they just had Devil possessed Marlana resurrect her grand-daughters rapist from the dead.

Also, Todd is a strange character to draw a line in the sand about. He is the one rapist who was never allowed to dismiss his crime. He was tortured by his actions. All his relationships were shaped by the rape. He was never fully redeemed.

by Anonymousreply 127November 2, 2021 4:26 AM

I would have liked RH back as Todd. The problem was everytime Todd had a wedding, a funeral, or the flu, everyone would have said "where is Starr and Jack?". Why isn't Blair or Viki at the hospital with Todd?..Why isn't Tea looking for Tomas Alcazar..?....VIDEO CLIP = Todd, Tea, Blair, and Skye are way more entertaining on GH than anything Mumbles and Moley (Carly) or Playboy (Sam) can come up with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 2, 2021 5:26 AM

Howarth played Todd's guilt in every scene, long after the rape. Trevor St. John did not, although he was a sexy devil.

by Anonymousreply 129November 2, 2021 11:19 AM

Howarth has been phoning it in for decades. No way is he a draw for viewers.

by Anonymousreply 130November 2, 2021 12:42 PM

I think the whole rapist GH thing was that Franco's rape or nonconsensual acts had never really been addressed. The effect of the rapes perpetrated by both OLTL's Todd and GH's Luke has been examined and addressed - the impact on their victims AND on them. But there was definitely with Franco a possibility that fans could come after that story in a MeToo way.

by Anonymousreply 131November 2, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote] Cynthia Watros so completely owns the role of Nina in my mind now

It took her a while but this story with Sonny was great.

We GL fans knew what she was capable of and it's thrilling. Took her a while to warm up her engines but these revelation scenes have been amazing. She even made Stuttering Mo look good.

by Anonymousreply 132November 2, 2021 1:33 PM

[quote] more lives than a satanic cat.

You rang?

by Anonymousreply 133November 2, 2021 1:35 PM

I think MS 's Nina was a cooky, clumsy kind of Phyllis that, while she worked well with the Franco character, it was no different than that iconic character she played over at Y&R. My problem is that MS always has to play this out of the box character instead of a nuanced one, which would've been more effective and which CW does really well. CW already showed the range of playing a spiralling out of control psycho whackjob Annie, so it was a good decision to play a more subdued Nina. I don't know how she would've played the psychotic faking being in a wheelchair then kidnapping pregnant Ava and cutting her baby out, though. That was really OTP

by Anonymousreply 134November 2, 2021 3:05 PM

RH's Todd wore his guilt on his face constantly via the scar. And yes, RH played that guilt in every scene.

TSJ did not have the scar on his face and never really played the guilt about the rape in his scenes. Even in the rapemance scenes with Marty.

RH's Franco never really paid for any of the crimes that James Franco's Franco did. They just wiped that all away with the brain tumor. Of all the characters they could have created for RH, it's stunning Ron chose to resurrect Franco for him.

by Anonymousreply 135November 2, 2021 3:22 PM

I think ABC made a mistake with their no rapists rule. Bringing Todd back would have been a shot in the arm to the show and you have to admit that Todd and Carly had chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 136November 2, 2021 3:26 PM

Carly also had great chemistry with Sean Kanan's AJ.

by Anonymousreply 137November 2, 2021 3:30 PM

Yes she did, R137.

by Anonymousreply 138November 2, 2021 3:34 PM

R137 R138 Basically, anyone but Sonny. I much as I don't want their characters together, she and Jason have ten times the chemistry of Carly and Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 139November 2, 2021 11:27 PM

Sonny and Carly may lack chemistry but Nina and Mike made up for it in spades!

by Anonymousreply 140November 3, 2021 12:39 AM

Team Ninny all the way!

by Anonymousreply 141November 3, 2021 3:03 AM

Bobbie Spencer Question. Her ex husband (Stefan) came back from the dead. Her ex boyfriend (Roy) came back from the dead. Her other ex boyfriend (Jerry) came back from the dead. Her sister in law (Laura) came back from the dead (twice). Her brother (Luke) came back from the dead. Her nephew (Lucky) came back from the dead. Her daughter (Carly) came back from the dead. Her son in law (Sonny) came back from the dead. Her daughters baby daddy (AJ) came back from the dead. Why would Bobbie ever believe Morgan or even Ruby are dead?. Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 142November 3, 2021 3:05 AM

Is it possible that Drew is not really under control? I’m hoping he Blows Peter The Fuck Away!

by Anonymousreply 143November 3, 2021 3:07 AM

It does seem strange that they showed us Dr O giving Drew the way to beat the mind control by concentrating on his daughter and then to make it look like it didn't work

by Anonymousreply 144November 3, 2021 3:15 AM

I like how Dr O is some sort of heroine now even though she kept Duke strapped to a hospital bed for years.

by Anonymousreply 145November 3, 2021 3:36 AM

I replay the story of the Christmas Krampus every single year during X-mas eve cocktails.

by Anonymousreply 146November 3, 2021 3:40 AM

R142. Funny, I think Bobby Spencer is the only long-running character who wasn't presumed dead at one time. Maybe Monica too.

by Anonymousreply 147November 3, 2021 3:43 AM

R142 Well, I think her daughter and Tony really being dead would prove to her that death is real.

by Anonymousreply 148November 3, 2021 3:43 AM

I know many people don't like Joss and her whole mini-Carly persona, I'm not a huge fan of it myself. But, I fucking HATE Esme so much I want her to go full Carly on her ass and destroy her.

by Anonymousreply 149November 3, 2021 4:07 AM

I also find it weird that Little Jake grew up on Cassadine Island and was raised by Helena...And yet nobody asks him what his day to day life was like. Luke and Liz and everyone else treated him like he had amnesia (he didn't). Helena clearly educated him. Did she cook for him? Did he call her Granny? Did Stavros ever play baseball with him?. Did he ever think that coming back from the dead still wouldn't stop Lucky from being a deadbeat dad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 3, 2021 4:11 AM

I am beginning to think Joss and Esme are twins like Jessica and Natalie were on OLTL.. Separated and one got stolen.

by Anonymousreply 151November 3, 2021 4:17 AM

R151 Ugh...I hope not. The reason I liked the Jessica and Natalie story on OLTL was that I liked both characters, in this case I hate one and can tolerate the other one.

R150 I've often wondered about that. They sorta teased it with that whole Chimera story. I figured they have just decided to leave it so that in the future when Jake is SORAS'd to adulthood, it could provide an immediate story. Like say, they could make it where Helena's training or whatever would be triggered on his 18th birthday,

by Anonymousreply 152November 3, 2021 4:26 AM

I think it will be revealed that, somehow, Esme is Ryan's daughter. And if we're lucky, she's a serial killer like her dad and perhaps Joss will be her first victim.

by Anonymousreply 153November 3, 2021 7:13 AM

^^btw, I like Esme a lot. I mean, yeah, she's a hateful character, but I think the actress is decent and with decent writers this could be fun.

WTF am I talking about? They'll ruin it!

by Anonymousreply 154November 3, 2021 7:14 AM

[quote]perhaps Joss will be her first victim

But even if Esme does kill her, Joss will just return from the dead somewhere down the line.

by Anonymousreply 155November 3, 2021 7:16 AM

^^Me again. This is what they SHOULD do. She's starting an internship at the psychiatric hospital, right? People start winding up dead. It's assumed that somehow it must be Ryan despite his having locked-in syndrome, (and I predict one of the first would be Willow's mom). Turns out to be Esme making it look like Ryan. And she'll probably be discovered attempting to kill Joss.

by Anonymousreply 156November 3, 2021 7:17 AM

Joss should definitely be killed off. Can not stand her! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 157November 3, 2021 7:25 AM

Alexis and Harmony are the sapphic love story viewers have been (clam)oring for.

by Anonymousreply 158November 3, 2021 9:58 AM

R119, in addition to Chase, Brando, Curtis, Nikolas, and Spencer qualify IMO. Hell, Wally Kurth could still get it.

by Anonymousreply 159November 3, 2021 10:42 AM

Does Esme own any pants?? Why is she always half naked?

by Anonymousreply 160November 3, 2021 11:20 AM

JPS belongs on the hunk list. Emeritus: William deVry.

by Anonymousreply 161November 3, 2021 11:22 AM

Oh God, and TJ. How could I forget TJ! (The show usually does.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 3, 2021 11:28 AM

OK, I'll give you Curtis. Nicholas -- the acting is so poor, it's hard to get hard for him. Spencer - no way. Brando -- yes, with his clothes off. William de Vry -- now that was the hunk that got away. How they let him go when he could generate heat with anyone, male or female, is beyond me. The man oozed testosterone.

by Anonymousreply 163November 3, 2021 11:54 AM

Not necessarily R155. Morgan's still dead Thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 164November 3, 2021 1:16 PM

Never have I ever been more turned off by an actor than I was by the actor who played Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 165November 3, 2021 1:57 PM

Really R165 ? Never?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 3, 2021 2:10 PM

Brando actor, Johnny whateverhisnameis, was one of the vax holdouts. Both he and MC only recently conceded and provided proof of vaccination. IR is only one left who is not vaccinated.

I wonder if the sudden who shot Hayden storyline was FV's way of setting up an exit for MC if he didn't comply.

by Anonymousreply 167November 3, 2021 2:56 PM

I really can’t believe SB would give up his paycheck over getting the jab.

by Anonymousreply 168November 3, 2021 3:11 PM

The test would have been if MB had refused -- would they have let him go?

by Anonymousreply 169November 3, 2021 3:27 PM

There briefly was a rumor alleging that GH thought about recasting Morgan with FOWBF from Days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 3, 2021 3:34 PM

I'm thoroughly enjoying Nicholas Chavez as Spencer. He's by far, the best of the young actors they have on the show.

He's managing to make a character who has the potential to be repulsive to viewers into a character you care about it. That's pretty amazing work, especially for a total newbie.

Grant Aleksander was given a similar task when he started as Phillip Spaulding on GL in Dec.1982. And he became the one of the show's stars. Wonder if that same will be true of Nicholas Chavez.

by Anonymousreply 171November 3, 2021 3:35 PM

[quote]He's managing to make a character who has the potential to be repulsive to viewers into a character you care about it. That's pretty amazing work, especially for a total newbie.

By contrast, Marcus Coloma has managed to take a character viewers loved and cared about and make him into someone hardly anyone cares about.

by Anonymousreply 172November 3, 2021 3:37 PM

The Spencer actor said his acting coach is Holly Gagnier (DOOL, OLTL).

MC needs to make an appointment with Holly -- ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 173November 3, 2021 3:40 PM

Chavez is so locked in and vibrant as Spencer that his scene last week with Mumbles Bernard was truly jarring, like watching a tennis player try to hit a ball off a bouncy house.

by Anonymousreply 174November 3, 2021 4:10 PM

Marcus C desperately needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 175November 3, 2021 4:36 PM

Marcus C. is cardboard as an actor. Maurice B. and Steve B. remind me of actors in a high school play.

by Anonymousreply 176November 3, 2021 4:58 PM

The Spencer actor is over acting. He’s very annoying. He’s acting like he’s acting and that is a no no. Holly Gagnier needs to have a talk with him.

by Anonymousreply 177November 3, 2021 6:04 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz and fired the actor for non compliance, is getting annoyed with special John over at SON.

by Anonymousreply 178November 3, 2021 6:08 PM

Despite the naysayers, and the multiple bridges burned, I still say there's a chance we'll see Tyler Christopher return. At his prime, he has absolutely everything necessary to make that character work.

by Anonymousreply 179November 3, 2021 6:40 PM

Maurice really is bad at line delivery. I don’t understand why he fumbles so much when he’s reading off of cue cards. But I stilly like him and want him with Nina. Ninny is the future of GH.

by Anonymousreply 180November 3, 2021 6:47 PM

Because he's severely doped on antidepressants.

by Anonymousreply 181November 3, 2021 6:52 PM

MC is fucking awful. Granted the writing for Nik has been awful as well but the actor is so blank and gives so little there is absolutely no nuance or inner life to him.

That being said, I loathe Ava, and do not want to see TC wasted with her. So as long as they chose to continue that chemless try hard pairing, I am good with MC staying.

Am surprised at Sbu but have no time for his character so I could care less. IR was a give in, but I am more sorry to see him go. I hope Nancy remains miserable and with no friends on that set, though. Not that I blame her entirely, ultimately it was the actors' choice.

by Anonymousreply 182November 3, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote]Granted the writing for Nik has been awful as well but the actor is so blank and gives so little there is absolutely no nuance or inner life to him.

The writing for Nikolas has been bad because the writers are uninspired by Coloma's portrayal.

When an actor gives a good performance, the writers get ideas about what else they want to see the actor do. Thus, good performances feed good writing. Case in point, Nicholas Chavez is inspiring the writers because they continually give Spencer challenging scenes.

Whereas lackluster performances inspire lackluster writing. Case in point, Marcus Coloma as Nikolas.

The bigger question remains, why has Frank allowed Coloma to continue in the role for TWO FULL YEARS now.

by Anonymousreply 183November 3, 2021 7:40 PM

Frankie loves Marcos dick.

by Anonymousreply 184November 3, 2021 9:25 PM

Vee, who is in the biz, loves to take down special John a notch or two at SON every time he posts.

by Anonymousreply 185November 3, 2021 10:01 PM

Vee makes every decision. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 186November 3, 2021 10:10 PM

SB and IR are both leaving.

by Anonymousreply 187November 3, 2021 10:11 PM

[quote] The Spencer actor said his acting coach is Holly Gagnier (DOOL, OLTL).

Also, GH! She was the last person to play mob princess Jennifer Smith. She followed Roseanne and Sally Struthers.

by Anonymousreply 188November 4, 2021 12:33 AM

Holly was great as OLTL Cassie! Was hoping she’d join B&B as recast Taylor but maybe we could have her back on GH as recast Skye if no Robin C return…

by Anonymousreply 189November 4, 2021 2:35 AM

Hey Nelson Branco - Fuck off!!!!! lol He’s such an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 190November 4, 2021 6:26 AM

Let me know when A.J. Quartermaine returns from the dead for the third (fourth?) time. But only if he's still played by Sean Kanan.

by Anonymousreply 191November 4, 2021 7:07 AM

[quote] Bobbie Spencer Question. Her ex husband (Stefan) came back from the dead. Her ex boyfriend (Roy) came back from the dead. Her other ex boyfriend (Jerry) came back from the dead. Her sister in law (Laura) came back from the dead (twice). Her brother (Luke) came back from the dead. Her nephew (Lucky) came back from the dead. Her daughter (Carly) came back from the dead. Her son in law (Sonny) came back from the dead. Her daughters baby daddy (AJ) came back from the dead. Why would Bobbie ever believe Morgan or even Ruby are dead?. Just curious.

Bobbie was also the one at GH who identified the "corpse" of Dr. Lesley Webber back in the 80s. The better question is how is she a nurse?

by Anonymousreply 192November 4, 2021 7:35 AM

Both Finn and Elizabeth declared Peter August to be dead. Why are they still practicing?

And how much longer will Willow be alive until she falls to the Michael's girlfriend curse. (Abby, Sabrina, Kiki, Nelle. That's 4. Have I missed any?)

Lucky Sasha dodged a bullet.

by Anonymousreply 193November 4, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]And how much longer will Willow be alive until she falls to the Michael's girlfriend curse. (Abby, Sabrina, Kiki, Nelle. That's 4. Have I missed any?)

Abby? I don't recall an Abby. She must have been really forgettable. Please refresh my memory.

by Anonymousreply 194November 4, 2021 8:04 PM

Abby was the first (and I still think best) match. A stripper with a heart of gold

by Anonymousreply 195November 4, 2021 8:14 PM

How did Abby die? Falling off a stripper pole?

by Anonymousreply 196November 4, 2021 8:22 PM

While in Chicago for some reason a crane landed on her. No, I am not joking.

by Anonymousreply 197November 4, 2021 10:19 PM

[quote] Have I missed any?

No, that's all for dead girlfriends for Michael. But his hands are plenty bloody nonetheless. He bludgeoned his stepmother, he shot his father's girlfriend as a kid, he was believed to have suffocated his father to death, he killed a hitman who broke into his apartment, and was accused of murdering Abby's abusive boyfriend. And he's the white sheep of the Corinthos clan!

by Anonymousreply 198November 4, 2021 10:23 PM

Now he bribed a DA in a different state to make up a fake crime with which to charge Nina. Michael fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 199November 4, 2021 10:32 PM

I haven't watched in a year or so, but when I did I used to call Michael "Eeyore" with sad, dopey face he always wears. His biggest sin is that he is unbelievably boring and flat. He almost makes Willow watchable.

by Anonymousreply 200November 4, 2021 10:35 PM

R199 He didn't bribe the DA, he made a campaign contribution, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. In a way, I really like that they had him do that because it shows his Q side really coming through. That is exactly what Edward or Alan would have done.

Also, it isn't clear that what she did wasn't a crime and would almost certainly be prosecuted in the real world. What the outcome would be is far from certain or what the charges would be, but a competent DA would find something.

by Anonymousreply 201November 4, 2021 11:23 PM

It is amazing to watch Wally Kurth play his marriage falling apart on GH, and happily getting married on DAYS, on the same day. I kinda wish there were more actors who did two shows at once.

by Anonymousreply 202November 5, 2021 1:03 AM

Oh no. Nedly couldn't hold on to Olivia "Boom Boom" Falkenierry? But there's so much to hold onto! When she had Leo, all I think of was that he was one lucky bastard and that he was going to be a fat baby...

by Anonymousreply 203November 5, 2021 1:42 AM

It is kinda funny that both Ned and Justin are part of wealthy powerful families, yet they seem to go for lower-class women. Ned has a thing for lower class Brooklyn type women, even Alexis comes across as just a slightly upmarket version. Then, on DAYS Bonnie is like any number of women in trailer parks across the South and Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 204November 5, 2021 2:08 AM

Rich man with a white trash wife is kind of a soap opera trope. Gary and Val Ewing, Steven and Sammy Jo Carrington, even J.R. and Sue Ellen...

by Anonymousreply 205November 5, 2021 2:11 AM

R205 Yeah its just funny that his characters are so much alike, yet so different.

by Anonymousreply 206November 5, 2021 2:23 AM

Nobody is more Trailer Trash than Liz Webber...Endless men. 3 kids by 3 different daddies. The "love of her life" is a deadbeat dad who left the country rather than be around her. She is the queen of white trash.

by Anonymousreply 207November 5, 2021 3:21 AM

R207 Liz comes from the Hardy/Webber families she can't be white trash. She can do trashy things but being white trash is something you are born into.

by Anonymousreply 208November 5, 2021 3:25 AM

R208 = Liz is the exception. She went INTO the White Trash Dumpster. She doesn't just do trashy things. She IS Trash. And for all we know her father wasn't a Webber at all. The mother (who briefly showed up years ago) was trashy too. I wouldn't be surprised if Liz was the illegitimate child of a wonky eyed waiter. VIDEO CLIP of Liz' Trashy Mother. Don't tell me she hasn't banged a gardener or delivery driver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 5, 2021 3:35 AM

The Spencers are THE white trash family in Port Charles, even after being intertwined with the Qs and Cassadines, they are still trash. So, I guess Ned just takes after his mama in liking some rough.

by Anonymousreply 210November 5, 2021 3:38 AM

Carly also has 3 kids from 3 daddies. And she is literal trailer trash./

by Anonymousreply 211November 5, 2021 3:54 AM

Man I loved the Naomi actress. Now they recast her and killed her off. Absolute horseshit, they should have made Hayden and Liz full sisters and her the mom.

Speaking of Hayden, is she returning or not? She keeps being mentioned. I also like the possibilities of Ava/Ned.

by Anonymousreply 212November 5, 2021 3:56 AM

R211 and a Spencer. At least I don't think she ever hooked, though, unlike mommy.

by Anonymousreply 213November 5, 2021 3:57 AM

Alexis, also 3 kids, 3 daddies..

by Anonymousreply 214November 5, 2021 3:59 AM

This thread seems super active all of a sudden. Have we been linked to at another board? It feels like new people are here. If so, hello!

by Anonymousreply 215November 5, 2021 4:37 AM

I always thought Laura secretly had the hots for Stavros and jumped at the excuse to bed him. Video of Lauras 1983 return with flashbacks to her wedding to Stavros. Notice he promised her a life of luxury and freedom. Laura also was not a captive on Cassadine Island. She would go shopping and spend Stavros money. Laura really was a gold digging whore. Things went badly in her marriage when Stavros found out she was sleeping with Stefan. Only then did she go back to Port Charles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216November 5, 2021 4:59 AM

[quote]I always thought Laura secretly had the hots for Stavros and jumped at the excuse to bed him.

Some of what you're reading as Laura having the hots for Stavros may be real life bleeding onto the screen.

Genie Francis was falling for John Martinuzzi during those 1983 scenes. The two became a real-life couple shortly after finishing the GH stint . When he was cast as David Preston on GL in 1984, they moved to New York together. She studied acting during that time. The two ultimately broke up in large part because of his alcoholism.

See story linked below. The section about Genie is about halfway into the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217November 5, 2021 5:55 AM

Thanks R217. That was quite a find.

by Anonymousreply 218November 5, 2021 6:17 AM

I read the article on John Martinuzzi....He seems clueless. Another drunk who thinks HIS choice to booze up is everyone else's problem. "I don't know why Genie is mad at me"----->that can be slang for "Booze is My Excuse so YOU must forgive me"...By the way he is at least 15 years older than her....Thank goodness she got away from him.

by Anonymousreply 219November 5, 2021 6:34 AM

Has Larger Webber Chamberlain been away at the fat farm?

by Anonymousreply 220November 5, 2021 10:10 AM

Is it true that the Jason and Jax actors are being fired for not getting vaccinated? Don’t care about Jax but it would be funny if they replaced Burton with Billy Miller again.

by Anonymousreply 221November 5, 2021 12:30 PM

My guess is WdV will be recast Jason. He will wear his hair in a man bun so the viewers won't confuse him with the other character he played.

by Anonymousreply 222November 5, 2021 12:40 PM

Lol R222 they really did a job on the new RH making him a skinny hipster with a manbun and spectrumy personality.

by Anonymousreply 223November 5, 2021 2:10 PM

[quote] Carly also has 3 kids from 3 daddies. And she is literal trailer trash.

And so does Alexis, the queen hypocrite of Port Charles. Hell, two of her daughters are also first cousins... ewww.

by Anonymousreply 224November 5, 2021 2:43 PM

[quote] The mother (who briefly showed up years ago) was trashy too.

I was so stoked when they cast Robin Riker as Naomi Dreyfus (Liz's half-sister's mom) and they started to explore the history with Jeff Webber after he left Port Charles. So much story to tell. But what do we get instead? Crap as usual. This got morphed into some ridiculous story about a killer virus and that annoying doctor drug addict who used Victorian-era hypodermics. This show has been awful since HW Claire Labine left.

by Anonymousreply 225November 5, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote] Has Larger Webber Chamberlain been away at the fat farm?

Many years ago, when Francis really got huge, the board at IMDB called her Larda. Cruel, but... bwaaaahaaaaahaaaa

She hasn't been her youthful, slender self in decades. That vicious queen who runs the show must have had it in for her because I remember several scenes in a short while where they had Laura devouring a candy bar in the scene. Oh dear. She was a regular at the GH vending machine in the main lobby.

By the way, I think her whole name would be Laura Williams Vining Webber Baldwin Spencer Cassadine Spencer Baldwin Spencer Collins. The woman is a walking law firm.

by Anonymousreply 226November 5, 2021 2:54 PM

[Quote]As Santa Claus and his helpers bring Christmas cheer to General Hospital, the annual tree lighting fills the community with hope and promise. Meanwhile, Port Charles experiences a holiday that will not soon be forgotten when a long-awaited homecoming brings renewed faith to the community.

by Anonymousreply 227November 5, 2021 2:55 PM

R227 - Did they book Jesus himself for a cameo?

by Anonymousreply 228November 5, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote]I think her whole name would be Laura Williams Vining Webber Baldwin Spencer Cassadine Spencer Baldwin Spencer Collins.

I think the last Spencer is wrong. She married Scotty again briefly when she returned in 2013, but didn't marry Luke after that.

by Anonymousreply 229November 5, 2021 3:25 PM

Possibly. I imagine the only thing harder for Laura than remembering her full name is signing a check. Poor thing has to wrap around to the back, and that's before she added "Mayor" to it.

by Anonymousreply 230November 5, 2021 3:46 PM

GH does have some hefty gals on the show these days. Gloria Monty and Wendy Riche would have never let that fly. I give them a pass because one gained weight to stay off drugs, the other is baby weight, and the other is post menopause weight. What can you do? Even Laura Wright looks thick.

by Anonymousreply 231November 5, 2021 5:50 PM

The baby weight one had her baby over a year ago, time to ditch the blazers or bring back TempBLQ who could be dressed in some stylish clothes.

by Anonymousreply 232November 5, 2021 5:58 PM

R231 it doesn't help that theu dress the women frumpy. If you see pics of LW irl she is super slim but on the show she looks way heavier.

by Anonymousreply 233November 5, 2021 5:59 PM

Who was the last male contract player who is overweight? Cyrus is large but not like his sister or Maxie or BLQ or...

by Anonymousreply 234November 5, 2021 6:40 PM

R234 I've always figured that is why they killed Alan off.

by Anonymousreply 235November 5, 2021 6:42 PM

I’m blanking…who is Elizabeth’s mother?

by Anonymousreply 236November 5, 2021 6:45 PM

When James Patrick Stuart put on some pandemic pounds, he reported someplace that Frank called him out on it. JPS explained that his wife had been doing a lot more baking during the pandemic. Frank replied, "Your wife must not want you to be on General Hospital."

by Anonymousreply 237November 5, 2021 6:48 PM

R237 How much smaller can he get? If he loses much more it will look like Charlotte can beat him up.

by Anonymousreply 238November 5, 2021 6:53 PM

It's never been stated. It was some random woman (a nurse I think) that Jeff met in Nevada. All these years and they've never said her name as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 239November 5, 2021 7:03 PM

There seems to be a double standard -- the men have to stay slim (and the young men have to remain muscular), while the women can be any weight. I think the producers are under pressure not to fat-shame their actresses.

by Anonymousreply 240November 5, 2021 7:06 PM

I imagine they killed off Alan because the EP at the time:

1. Hated veteran actors because of the cost and their age

2. Hated the Quartermaines and did all she could to dismantle them. Christ, she even made a drug-dealing, teen-raping mobster their moral better.

I don't think Stuart Damon's weight was an issue, although I will say that Brad Maule (Tony Jones) was also sidelined and he had gotten hefty as well.

by Anonymousreply 241November 5, 2021 7:07 PM

R239 According to Wikipedia her mother's name is Carolyn and it was revealed on the episode aired on Nov. 25, 1982.

by Anonymousreply 242November 5, 2021 7:08 PM

Kimberly McCullough used to get fat-shamed all the time when she was on. Personally, I hated that snobby, supercilious prisspot Robin so I was glad to see her written off when she quit.

It is kind of funny to see that nearly all the slim, slender, in-shape men on GH seem to have a thing for chubby women. Maxie, Robin, Laura -- none of them ever had a problem finding a stud to bang them.

by Anonymousreply 243November 5, 2021 7:12 PM

R242 - I don't think that's canon. I remember on other message boards people insisting it was a bunch of other names, and it's odd that Liz nor the grandchildren ever seem to mention her by name either. People do talk about estranged relatives from time to time, but not Liz and her brood.

by Anonymousreply 244November 5, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]How much smaller can he get? If he loses much more it will look like Charlotte can beat him up.

JPS said on Maurice Benard's State of Mind podcast that he was 25 pounds heavier than now when Frank called asking him to play Valentin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 5, 2021 7:23 PM

Many years ago (30?) I met Wally Kurth and Rena Sofer briefly in NYC. They were lovely people, by the way, and both were even more attractive in person than on TV. BUT... it was scary how skinny they both were. Keep in mind when you see people on TV who look normal weight, they are likely 10-20 lbs under. And God help anyone who looks underweight on TV. Chloe Lanier must be a walking skeleton. Also, people who look chubby on TV (Storms, Francis) are probably closer to normal everyday people in real life. I can't imagine the struggle and determination it must take to remain 10-20 lbs underweight for years and decades while appearing on TV. No surprise many actors "get fat" when they leave a show or retire.

by Anonymousreply 246November 5, 2021 7:30 PM

R244 It happened on the show, at around 5:04 in the video. Until someone can provide evidence of another name, it is canon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 5, 2021 8:52 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, is bullying people about how he fired Steve Burton and Ingo. Vee is in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 248November 5, 2021 8:53 PM

BTW searching for the clip in R247 led me down a rabbit hole of classic GH clips. I'm watching Steve Hardy's death. I forgot Carly was already on then and the selfish cunt was like why couldn't he wait a day to die because it overshadowed her being admitted to the GH nursing program. Also, Rachel Ames very much was still capable. I think GH made a huge mistake in not using her more during her later years on the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 5, 2021 9:30 PM

[quote]Keep in mind when you see people on TV who look normal weight, they are likely 10-20 lbs under.

Why do you think so many actors smoke cigarettes. They must be constantly hungry and cigarettes help suppress their appetite.

by Anonymousreply 250November 5, 2021 9:37 PM

r250

never understood that logic since they are no overweight people who smoke

by Anonymousreply 251November 5, 2021 9:40 PM

R249 Thanks for sharing that. I often go back and look at that episode and how the impact of his death affected so many. It was just really well done and they should have used Audrey. She really was so good and your heart breaks when she is talking to Ryan about it.

by Anonymousreply 252November 5, 2021 10:17 PM

R207 Sam says hi

by Anonymousreply 253November 5, 2021 11:40 PM

LOL. That’s not Liz’s mother R209. That’s the mother of retcon Webber daughter Hayden. You seem really upset about Liz though.

by Anonymousreply 254November 5, 2021 11:45 PM

Vee, who is in the biz, has all of the sources! He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 255November 6, 2021 12:11 AM

Esme is like a young Heather Webber.

by Anonymousreply 256November 6, 2021 3:29 AM

Rumor Mill says Esme is Julians daughter.

by Anonymousreply 257November 6, 2021 3:53 AM

R257 That would make no sense. She has to be Ryan's daughter. Why else would she be interested?

by Anonymousreply 258November 6, 2021 3:59 AM

R257 Ava's niece? That makes the whole stalking thing worse.

by Anonymousreply 259November 6, 2021 3:59 AM

Vee, who’s in the biz, is reading the Pine Valley script and deciding what to do with it. Vee is in the biz, you know. Kelly Ripa is waiting on Vee’s decision. Vee is in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 260November 6, 2021 4:21 AM

Theory = Maybe Esme is AJ Quartermaines daughter. He was gone for years. Maybe the mother never told AJ?...Or what if Esme is Celia Quartermaines daughter?

by Anonymousreply 261November 6, 2021 6:17 AM

Why the hell is Esme so damn interested in goading Cam and Joss into having sex? Blackmail material? Hoping Joss gets knocked up so she can gloat?

by Anonymousreply 262November 6, 2021 6:35 AM

This is what I don't understand about Esme. She is clearly zeroing in on Joss, but it's clear that Trina is the one she should have problems with which leads me to believe that Esme doesn't give two fucks about Spencer and he's just a penis, a bank account, and a means to and end for some reason or other.

She dislikes Joss, which is mystery #2, behind mystery #1 which is her connection to Ryan. I think she wants Joss and Cam to attempt to fuck, but will somehow interrupt it leaving Cam frustrated and his balls even bluer and blaming Joss.

With Trina on recurring now, I wonder if that is the reason she's been downplayed in the story or is there something else. Some many questions.

by Anonymousreply 263November 6, 2021 11:28 AM

Oh, and who is this new big bad mob family coming to town?

by Anonymousreply 264November 6, 2021 11:28 AM

Joe Novack from Ryan’s Hope.

by Anonymousreply 265November 6, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote] Why do you think so many actors smoke cigarettes. They must be constantly hungry and cigarettes help suppress their appetite.

Well that, and the unbridled neurosis.

by Anonymousreply 266November 6, 2021 2:22 PM

Cigarettes made my hair and teeth what they are today!

by Anonymousreply 267November 6, 2021 3:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268November 6, 2021 4:03 PM

Early on, Esme had a lot of interest in Joss' kidney, like why would she even know that. This made me think Nelle was connected somehow, but it occurred to me that Ryan also had a kidney removed against his will. Could she be under the mistaken impression that Joss was the recipient?

by Anonymousreply 269November 6, 2021 5:30 PM

Come to think of it, pregnancy would probably be quite dangerous for someone with only one kidney, so maybe that IS what she's trying to instigate.

by Anonymousreply 270November 6, 2021 5:36 PM

What about a baby switch. Could Esme be Carly and Jax's real daughter switched by Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 271November 6, 2021 6:05 PM

Was Nelle Frank Benson's bio kid, or was she adopted like Carly? I could see her and Esme being sisters who were separated, and now E is out to avenge her. Nelle and Ryan were thick as thieves, so that connects, too.

by Anonymousreply 272November 6, 2021 8:35 PM

Nelle was originally Carly's kid. The rewrote the story.

by Anonymousreply 273November 6, 2021 9:05 PM

R273 Why did they do that? It was the perfect retread of a classic storyline. I love it when they revisit classic storylines. Plus, ever since Carly came to PC and broke up Bobbie and Tony, who was one of my favorite married couples, I've been waiting for her to get repaid.

As a kid I had three couples on GH that I thought were just perfect, in their own way, Bobbie and Tony, Monica and Alan, and Sean and Tiffany. With Lucy, I liked her with Kevin but I also loved her and Scotty, so I didn't have a preference.

And, of course, I loved Steve and Audrey and Edward and Lila, but I thought of them more as combined units, nothing would ever really separate them even death.

by Anonymousreply 274November 6, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote] Nelle was originally Carly's kid.

This would have made far more sense and been a much better story. Nelle's reason for revenge never really did make sense... a half-sister she didn't know came one time for a visit to yell at her asshole dad? WTF?

I have no idea why they changed everything around. The groundwork was there... it was already established that teenaged Carly had an affair with the dad of her best friend, Charlotte. The child could have been taken from her (DCF, not put up for adoption) which is what drive Carly over the edge with her first plan against Bobbie who simply "abandoned" her to a Jacksonville orphanage.

This is kind of the problem I have with this show. So many great opportunities and yet 90% of the time they pick weirdest least-satisfying, least dramatic, least plausible route to take a story. I hope the writers are haunted by the ghost of Douglas Marland.

by Anonymousreply 275November 7, 2021 12:34 PM

Lucy and Scotty for me, forever. I hate that they are not together despite Kevin and her breaking up.

On a related note, t.hey need to give Laura a new man. Kevin is hardly around and they have no chem.

by Anonymousreply 276November 7, 2021 2:06 PM

They should have put Laura with Curtis. But, since a little too old for Curtis, put her with Victor Cassadine.

by Anonymousreply 277November 7, 2021 2:09 PM

Laura should be with Mr. Goodbar -- the candy and the man.

by Anonymousreply 278November 7, 2021 11:20 PM

WHOOP THERE IT IS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279November 8, 2021 5:18 AM

To be clear, he was out anyway because of refusing to comply with the vaccine mandate, right?

Took a look at Ingo’s IG just now. He really is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 280November 8, 2021 5:53 AM

Who the hell would want that boorish nutjob Nancy Lee Grahn to stand by them? Her shrewish crazy would spill onto them.

I don't particularly care about Ingo one way or another (he's just a mediocre actor on a dying daytime soap), but... when was the last time Nancy had a real gig aside from GH? Ingo was recurring on the hit Hawaii 5-0 reboot while Nancy's last TV appearance in prime time was a one-off on Castle (also ABC) eight years ago. Oh, and she was recurring role on Party of Five about 25 years ago playing the school principal.

I wonder if Viola Davis would stand by Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 281November 8, 2021 11:53 AM

So, will Ingo and his strong conservative values join the likes of Antonio Sabato Jr. and Kimberlin Brown? Will we be hearing about a run for Congress soon? Or maybe for just for City Council or School Board?

What exactly did Ingo say that was so transpohobic?

But you can't get fired for saying transphobic things. He got fired for refusing to get vaccinated. Correct?

by Anonymousreply 282November 8, 2021 3:35 PM

R282 lol IR said nothing that most of this board doesn't think already.

by Anonymousreply 283November 8, 2021 3:40 PM

R283 if anyone looks at that admiral and doesn’t think that is a man in a dress, you are blind or lying.

by Anonymousreply 284November 8, 2021 3:58 PM

We're talking about Rachel Levine right? Not sure why anyone thought an ugly man would make a passable woman. I mean Bruce Jenner was handsome and look how Caitlyn turned out. The best MTF transitions are petite men who looked feminine to begin with. Rachel looks worse than John Lithgow did in "The World According to Garp".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285November 8, 2021 10:49 PM

Glad they are finally clearly acknowledging Brad's own mob connections.

by Anonymousreply 286November 9, 2021 1:06 AM

R281 What the ENTIRE fuck does NLG's last acting job outside of GH have to do with anything? Are you12?

by Anonymousreply 287November 9, 2021 10:13 AM

^ Hi. Are you the Charter President of the Nancy Lee Grahn fan club?

Nancy has proven herself time and again to be an envious bitch, blasting others to deflect from the obvious failures of her own career. She's a terrible actress (decent at soap opera scenery chewing however) and never misses an opportunity to tell everyone how enlightened she is while simultaneously making a fool of herself. She must be exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 288November 9, 2021 11:39 AM

[quote] Glad they are finally clearly acknowledging Brad's own mob connections.

Brad Cooper? I thought he was off the show (in prison). I couldn't stand that actor. He was just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 289November 9, 2021 11:40 AM

R289 The character is currently in prison, however according to his aunt Ms. Wu he will be up for parole soon.

by Anonymousreply 290November 9, 2021 4:24 PM

Wasn't that Brook Lynn's pervy music producer running some sort of scam on Curtis today? For some reason I thought he worked on her case, at some point. So I thought he would recognize the guy. Maybe I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 291November 11, 2021 1:01 AM

Trevor St. John has been hired by GH.

by Anonymousreply 292November 12, 2021 12:16 AM

r292

as...?

by Anonymousreply 293November 12, 2021 12:31 AM

[293] It didn't say. They were guessing Jax, Jason and maybe Jeff.

by Anonymousreply 294November 12, 2021 12:36 AM

r294

thanks but I think you might have meant Steven, not Jeff

by Anonymousreply 295November 12, 2021 12:42 AM

Looks like Joss’s hymen had its contract renewed.

by Anonymousreply 296November 12, 2021 12:45 AM

They guessed Jeff but said he's not the right age. But I agree - Steven would be a better guess. I also think Trevor would have made a better Drew.

by Anonymousreply 297November 12, 2021 12:45 AM

I could see him as another long lost Cassadine.

by Anonymousreply 298November 12, 2021 1:21 AM

[quote] Trevor St. John has been hired by GH.

Ooooooh. He is (or at least was) a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 299November 12, 2021 1:54 AM

Trevor St John is coming to GH as a recast Franco Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 300November 12, 2021 1:55 AM

Can GH afford Trevor St. John?

by Anonymousreply 301November 12, 2021 2:07 AM

R301 Can they afford not to have Trevor St. John? He is one of the best and most beautiful men to ever grace daytime drama. His execution on OLTL is still one of the greatest things I've ever seen in any area of narrative drama. His love scene in the OLTL reboot with Tea was the hottest thing I've ever seen, outside of porn. If there is anyone to spice up GH it is him.

by Anonymousreply 302November 12, 2021 2:12 AM

Afford Trevor St. John? Honey, he's waiting for a job in the dollar bin at Walmart. I like the guy, but his career is hardly on fire. Plus he just turned 50 and even for a dude in Hollywood that is still tick-tock territory.

by Anonymousreply 303November 12, 2021 11:45 AM

Trevor is not cheap. With Burton being let go, maybe they have the money to afford Trevor now.

by Anonymousreply 304November 12, 2021 11:48 AM

R304. If you say so. I doubt it. He's not a name known outside the soap world, and hasn't worked much in five years.

by Anonymousreply 305November 12, 2021 11:54 AM

I am sure TSJ's price is lower now than it was a decade ago when OLTL ended.

by Anonymousreply 306November 12, 2021 3:34 PM

He just may be the only soap actor who could step in as Jason.

I guess Steve Burton is going to be hawking his acai juice again?

by Anonymousreply 307November 12, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote] I guess Steve Burton is going to be hawking his acai juice again?

It cures COVID!

by Anonymousreply 308November 13, 2021 12:50 AM

Apparently, we have been Murieled...the new thread is here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309November 13, 2021 12:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!