Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Liza Loves The Piano

Amazing how well she is singing. I love this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2022 3:08 AM

Her signing isn't was what caused her to retire. She can't move around on stage anymore and figured it wasn't worth charging people money to give them a half assed performance.

Give the woman credit. She's a survivor.

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote] Amazing how well she is singing.

?????

No.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 5:35 PM

She’s singing. That’s all I can say about this

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 5:37 PM

Agreed, R1. Once I've started having strokes, etc. I really do hope I can still function to her extent, and still have fun.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 5:37 PM

She sounds like Howard Keel

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 5:39 PM

She looks so tiny.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 5:41 PM

And for all of her substance abuse issues on and off through the years, one thing you've never heard about with her is financial troubles. Another reason why she's able to just relax and enjoy herself now is because of how she invested her money. The Warhol's she auctioned off a couple of years back netted her around 40 million.

She's smarter than people give her credit for.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 5:42 PM

Here is her performance at Pasadena Pops. Liza's voice and style of singing has always been an acquired taste, you either love her or hate her. I like her and I think she still sounds good once she gets going. I for one don't care if she just sits there for the performance, I'd just love to have the opportunity to at some point see her perform live.

R7 I'd say seeing what happened to her mother, financially, instilled in her to not make those same mistakes. Sadly, she didn't learn lessons from her mother's addiction problems or the whole marrying gay men problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 5:45 PM

Poor Liza. She's starting to look like Jimmy Durante.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 5:46 PM

There's way too much plastic surgery in that video

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2021 5:57 PM

Her voice is mostly gone, though she can still do the effects that make it sound bigger than it is.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2021 11:05 PM

Hey. OVER HERE! I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2021 11:17 PM

Georgia loves you Liza!

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2021 11:39 PM

Georgia, I love the Advershity!!

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2021 11:55 PM

I believe Liza's friend, Michael Feinstein, is the principal pops conductor of the Pasadena Pops. It was nice of Michael to invite her to perform.

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2021 12:39 AM

OP- In your photo Liza looks like a SPECIAL NEEDS person.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2021 12:42 AM

I like blue.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2021 12:56 AM

Liza is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2021 1:23 AM

She looks like a little doll up in that high chair.

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2021 2:24 AM

Frank Sinatra basically had Liza agree to have his financial people manage Liza's finances back in the early 70s. He wanted to make sure she wasn't always broke like Judy was, and it seems to have been effective.

Liza swanned all over NYC for decades and although she owned a big apartment at the Imperial House she was rarely asked to pay for ANYTHING. An acquaintance was her assistant for a few years and reported that although sweet, Liza lived in her own world and literally still had her First Communion money.

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2021 4:24 AM

Now imagining Liza in a reboot of the Jane Campion 90's snoozer. Except she wouldn't be able to stick to the mute part of the role. Imagine the musical numbers, "Flora, remember scotland", "Bring me my piano dammit" and the showstopper, "Don't bring the axe".... Drab period costumes by bob Mackie.... with Ben Platt in the Sam Neill role, Chrissy Metz in the Anna Paquin daughter part and as the feral fuck interest, Matt bomer...

by Anonymousreply 21February 20, 2022 9:09 PM

Look how the gays propped up Liza in her high chair and made her perform.

by Anonymousreply 22February 20, 2022 9:24 PM

Since when is “I Love a Piano” Liza’s signature song?

by Anonymousreply 23February 20, 2022 10:13 PM

She looks like the female Michel Petrucciani

by Anonymousreply 24February 20, 2022 10:16 PM

I love thosch Schity Lightsch.

by Anonymousreply 25February 21, 2022 12:43 AM

All our occasional Liza kidding aside, she truly is an American entertainment treasure. She's really the only or so remaining link to Hollywood's Golden Age and performance style of the American Songbook and of her age bracket who would really even entertain performing those songs. Maybe Barbra? -- But I think Barbra would need to turn such performances into question-and-answer lesson sessions about something.. Liza's just a fun broad still. :)

by Anonymousreply 26February 21, 2022 2:58 AM

Is she performing there for the household staff?

by Anonymousreply 27February 21, 2022 3:03 AM

I believe Liza's Godmother Kay Thompson (who lived forever and was supported by Liza) used to sing "I Love a Piano" in her club act, and of course Judy sang it in "Easter Parade", so while not exactly her signature song, it's a song Liza has known well and forever.

by Anonymousreply 28February 21, 2022 3:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!