Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Sex and the City’ Author Candace Bushnell Doesn’t Care That Samantha Is Missing from the HBO Reboot

Suck it Kim!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 2, 2021 7:47 PM

"I don't care as long as my revenue stream keeps flowing."

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 1:39 PM

Samantha was the only interesting character

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 1:41 PM

Why should she care? The series barely resembled her book (and that's a good thing.)

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 1:42 PM

Her pussy dried up a looong time ago.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 1:43 PM

The Daily Maul claims... oh, stuff...

SPOILER ALERT!

spoiler alert

do not yell at me because i spoiled anything

oh, fucking yell...

Sex and the City insiders have confirmed to DailyMail.com that the reboot And Just Like That... will return for a second season The source said that production is hoping Kim Cattrall will come back to reprise her role as Samantha Jones for Season 2 'We all miss Kim and we hope she comes back for the second season – the door will never close on her, she is an important part of the franchise,' they said They confirmed that her character has not been killed off, but instead has a falling out with Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie 'You'll see as the series progresses over the 10 episodes that Carrie misses her friend and wants to repair the relationship,' the source added 'In the words of Oscar Wilde, life imitates art,' they said The first three episodes are currently due to be released on the day of the show's launch, production sources tell DailyMail.com

by Anonymousreply 5November 2, 2021 6:37 PM

Hoping it's a big flopporooney.

by Anonymousreply 6November 2, 2021 6:42 PM

So, they're trying to pressure Kim into still doing it?

by Anonymousreply 7November 2, 2021 6:42 PM

What's she gonna say, "fuck my royalties! This movie is gonna suck without Samatha!"?

by Anonymousreply 8November 2, 2021 6:43 PM

Can't they come up with new franchises? After the last SATC flopped, they should have left this alone.

by Anonymousreply 9November 2, 2021 6:44 PM

I don't know why they wouldn't give a new creative team a kick at the can behind the scenes.... I thought the series ended well. The movie scripts went from bad (for the first which just a recycle of the series) to abominable.

by Anonymousreply 10November 2, 2021 6:46 PM

They'll keep cashing in as long as they know a profitable percentage of fans of the TV show will show up no matter what dreck they put out. Entertainment is a business. Just like many designer labels, productions may start off as a legit high-quality product, but eventually they end up capitalizing on the brand with a mass-market DKNY and then an outlet store where you can get a pair of branded jeans for $12, but you'll need to roll the legs up to hide the one leg that's 2" longer than the other.

by Anonymousreply 11November 2, 2021 6:49 PM

We’ll now call it Vex and the City

by Anonymousreply 12November 2, 2021 7:08 PM

Since it isn’t a movie, I’m hopeful this will be watchable at least. I think the story lines snd characters work better in this format,

by Anonymousreply 13November 2, 2021 7:15 PM

The original series was a shameless celebration of unrestricted consumerism, superficiality, selfishness, immaturity, frivolousness, greed and pretension. If the book was even worse, R3, I don't want to even begin to imagine how awful it must be.

In my opinion, this series reflects the apotheosis of neoliberalism, which narrowly avoided collapse in 2008 and is now in full decline. Is there any need for it to return, when the social climate is so different and people have had a hopeless, enraging awakening from the monetarist nightmare heralded by the Friedmanites? I don't think that many people will take too kindly to watching the nonsensical adventures of a bunch of old ladies who behave like bitchy teenagers, and whose lives revolve around fashion and marrying rich men. This was already annoying and unpleasant 22 years ago, but now it is downright inappropriate.

As for Samantha, the character was so delirantly over-the-top that it was impossibly not to laugh at its shenanigans. She is a caricature and Kim Cattrall played her as such, to great effect. The rest of characters are insufferable and need a strong counterpoint to make them palatable; they are inviting KC to return because they know that without her, the ugliness at the series' core concept comes to the fore, and nobody will watch.

by Anonymousreply 14November 2, 2021 7:40 PM

It didn't start out that way. The first few years were an examination of three normal young women and Samantha, dating in Manhattan.

It definitely did become excess-fest at some point around the middle.... I think when Darren Star moved on and others took over. Many posters here point to the ascendency of SJP as an executive producer. Anyway what merits it had, which were fairly light, were lost in a parade of shoes and crazy outfits and fabulousness. Gay men playing with real life Barbies. But at the beginning it was a show with an idea and it wasn't capitalism.

by Anonymousreply 15November 2, 2021 7:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!