Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bundle up, Buttercup: 2021 winter heating costs set to rise by more than 50%

Cradle that mug!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2021 7:31 PM

Sure glad I bought a dual fuel HVAC system when I replaced the gas heat--electric AC that was in this house when I bought it.

I just use my electric heat pump more this winter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 11:52 AM

On the bright side, when riots start burning down your city you'll have free heat.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 11:54 AM

Snopes?

I thought Snopes was a fact checking site?

When did they start reporting news in real time?

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 11:55 AM

The big number is Propane which hardly anyone uses and the estimates have low and high end anchors.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 12:22 PM

So far where I live we're having the warmest October on record with a predicted mild winter to follow. I'm already one heating month down

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 12:30 PM

This was going to be my year. I had propane heat for the last 20 years and then just moved to a house heated by natural gas. I was finally going to heat my house for pennies (comparatively.)

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 12:33 PM

Is propane mainly a country folk fuel?

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 4:33 PM

^ Yeah, gas lines don't go everywhere and it's cheaper then electric

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 4:36 PM

[quote]So far where I live we're having the warmest October on record with a predicted mild winter to follow.

Where do you live, R5?

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote] set to rise by more than 50%

That is not what the article says. It says heating costs to rise UP TO 54%. "Up to" and "more than" are two very different things. Up to means that the heating costs could rise anywhere from 0% to whatever the top amount is they claim.

Up to is an old advertising trick for the stupid. People see something on TV that says "YOUR BENEFITS TO RISE UP TO 60%" and all they see is that they're going to be getting 60% more benefits. Then when they actually get 5% they can't understand why they were lied to.

STOP BEING STUPID - PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU'RE READING.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2021 7:22 PM

R7, well, that and propane accessories.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2021 7:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!