Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are any of you going to mix-and-match your COVID booster shot?

I can't decide if I should. I got two doses of Pfizer and am considering getting a Moderna booster.

Moderna was found to be slightly more effective against hospitalization than Pfizer (93% to 88%, I believe).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2021 3:33 PM

This should've been a poll.

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 4:34 AM

You should've been an abortion, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 4:39 AM

Hmm I’m not sure. I was going to get a 3rd Pfizer but now I’m contemplating moderna

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 5:41 AM

I heard if you got the J&J you should get a different booster. Something to ask your physician.

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 5:45 AM

I want to get it tomorrow and I dont think Moderna is available yet... so it will be Pfizer 1 2 & 3 for me.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 5:46 AM

Since it’s a booster it probably doesn’t matter as much.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 5:58 AM

2 shots of Astra Zeneca back in spring here, and I just received a Pfizer booster shot. I’ll let you know bitches if I grow a second head!

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 6:18 AM

When I get around to getting the vaccine, then I'll decide about mixing/matching.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 6:20 AM

I'm getting my third pfizer shot today

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 1:09 PM

We don't have booster shots for anyone except those who got Pfizer and most of us in this county got Moderna. My doctor said he wasn't sure a regular flu shot would even be recommended by the CDC this year but about a week after I spoke to him the CDC said to get them as normal, so I'll get that, but probably no COVID booster this year.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2021 1:17 PM

I'm planning on mixing, Moderna at the end of the week (Phizer first). My sister was obsessively obnoxious about how important it is that I mix. I get she's in respect for a few hospitals so she doesn't want any of us getting seriously sick, but she and another sister in hospice work both got matching (was also earlier bc of their risk factor).

If anyone has any good resources on this topic, please share, am still interested in more research.

by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2021 11:47 PM

^Pfuck Pfizer

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2021 11:49 PM

I had Moderna in April (both shots) and just had Pfizer as a booster. Felt a little ickier with the Pfizer than either of the Moderna ones but really just had a sore arm with both.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2021 11:49 PM

The CVS Pharmacist did the decision-making for me.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2021 11:49 PM

R8 this website is filled with people like you...

All dead now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2021 11:50 PM

R13 Supposedly according to my sister you're supposed to have more of a reaction bc that's a 'good' immune reaction. (Which leaves me wondering how everyone else who tolerated it fares. 🤔) I felt AWFUL after the second dose, got a migraine, just miserable, and the idea with mixing is that you'll trigger another strong immune response, I'm starting to feel like a glutton for punishment...

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2021 11:56 PM

Yes. Getting the moderna booster.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2021 12:04 AM

I had my 3rd Moderna with no effects until about 12 hours later I woke up with an incredible pain in my arm. I was surprised there wasn't any bruising in the morning. Still tender six days later.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2021 12:04 AM

Never mix, never worry!

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2021 12:05 AM

Canada’s been mixing and matching doses since day one. We’re fine, you will be too.

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2021 12:29 AM

I did Pfizer-Pfizer-Moderna. #s 2-3 both kicked my ass for 36 hours.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2021 12:43 AM

Moderna bitches, moderna!

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2021 12:59 AM

I did three Moderna. My man did two Pfizer with a Moderna chaser. We’re both still alive.

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2021 1:07 AM

Getting my 3rd Moderna tomorrow. I had no reaction (beyond a sore arm) to the first two so...we'll see

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2021 1:52 AM

I had two Pfizers and then, last week, one Moderna. The first Pfizer shot kicked my ass, the second was nothing. The Moderna booster made me very tired for several days—not just 24 hours, but 3 or 4 days. Same thing happened with the first Pfizer. I felt like I was “dragging” and fighting off a virus all those days. You know that fatigue feeling that’s specific to an immune response, right? That’s what I felt.

Anyway, it’s over now, and I’m not sick.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2021 2:13 AM

I get my third booster of Moderna on December 10. I’d figured the extra strength of the last two Moderna held up pretty well and could of waited to possibly February but I’m getting it out the way before the end of the year so.. Just preparing myself for a couple of days of rest is all afterwards.

Good luck everyone… My uncle waited too late to get the booster after having two shots of Phizer back in January. He went down Atlantic City a week ago and now he’s on a ventilator 😢 He should have gotten his booster shot…🥲

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2021 4:24 AM

^ Correction.. My uncle had the two Moderna shots back in February so….. Either way it wore off.

And now I just read the Modetna may be less effective against this new variant..

I’m beside myself because of my uncle right now 🥲

But the data coming in about this new variant is relatively early so I’m staying hopeful that it won’t be too bad. Fingers crossed 🤞

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2021 6:03 AM

R26 you must be posting from the future. It is Nov 29th and you got your booster on Dec 10th?

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2021 6:51 AM

Why are people saying "mix and match"? Do you mean OR? You either match (get the same vaccine for your booster) OR mix (get a different vaccine for your booster).

by Anonymousreply 29November 30, 2021 6:53 AM

R20.. No I have an appointment on the 10th coming up..

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2021 7:54 AM

R7, the medicos recommend that you have an MRNA booster if you had Astra Zeneca. (I suspect that also applies to J&J which is a similar technology to AZ.) It will give you slightly better resistance than if you had had three Pfizer shots.

They say the gold standard is three Modernas.

They also say it's not a booster: it's a late realization that it should have been a 3-dose vaccine all along, so in fact it's the completion of your course.

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2021 12:15 PM

But I haven't heard specifically about the J&J so get advice.

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2021 12:16 PM

R31, YES the J&J absolutely requires an mRNA booster. The medicos (I love that word, thank you for introducing it) have stated this. Any recipient of J&J should get an mRNA booster 2 months after the J&J.

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2021 3:24 PM

I did. Pfizer for my initial two shots, Moderna for my booster.

I wish I could get the J&J vaccine, just to be safe. Maybe it's more effective against Omicron?

by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2021 3:29 PM

r29 is fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2021 3:29 PM

I got the Pfizer for the first two and a Moderna "chaser."

The second Pfizer kicked my ass, and I was sick for three days. The other two were a piece of cake (mixing my metaphors!).

by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2021 3:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!