Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is the media making it sound like Condoleezza Rice screamed at The View hosts?

She was nothing short of polite and respectful, yet the media is making it seem like she was going off on those women. Lmao.

Wtf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 28, 2021 1:19 PM

What is “Decider” anyway?

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2021 3:21 AM

R1 a verified entertainment website

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2021 3:22 AM

OPs article thumbnail looks so staged

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2021 3:24 AM

It’s not “staged”. It’s a thumbnail

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2021 3:31 AM

Because Condoleezza is a fucking asshole and a war criminal and deserves any bit of scorn aimed her way?

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2021 3:33 AM

Here is the clip. Rice is nothing but cordial and polite to those with different opinions than her.

Also, when did Whoopi get so fat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2021 3:38 AM

When is this trainwreck of a daytime talk show that's been on the air for like 94 years, going to ever be cancelled? Those ladies are insufferable, to one another and to their guests.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2021 3:40 AM

Condi hit the wall.

Remember when she said "We didn't have any idea terrorists would use airplanes as weapons!" Except for those memos on her desk stating their plans.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2021 3:42 AM

I hate what happened on January 6th, I hate Trump, and I hate his Goons, but it’s time to move on. Condoleezza continuously acknowledged how wrong that day was and how serious it was, but Sunny kept trying to bring the topic back to that. Ridiculous.

Rice is right, there are many other issues on the table right now to discuss, we don’t need to stay on that one moment in time.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2021 3:43 AM

deplorable condi crawled out from under her rock to try and whitewash slavery

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2021 3:44 AM

On a side dish note, Whoopie looks like she's about to blow up like Violet in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2021 3:49 AM

Condi looks so beautiful in OP's photo.

And gentlemen: she's still a single woman!

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2021 3:49 AM

I'm Team Condi here. I think it's time to move on to something else, but I get why the democrats won't let it go. Republicans do the same thing. The difference is their PR machine is able to keep a scandal, even one that is bullshit, interesting and front burner. Democrats don't have that same skill.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2021 3:50 AM

Many liberals I know agree with Condi. Making white kids feel like shit is just another form of racism. Those who disagree are angry, bloodthirsty psychos. Remember, blacks can be the most racist of all.

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2021 3:51 AM

Rice silences Hostin with "Let me finish, let me finish...."

Then, one minute later, when Hostin is speaking, Rice cuts her off.

Condoleezza Rice is a nasty piece of Republican work. Always has been. Always will be.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2021 3:52 AM

Oh please. Sunny was ridiculous in that clip. Always is.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2021 3:56 AM

She was a Guest Host. I just read she isn’t coming back tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2021 3:58 AM

"I hate what happened on January 6th, I hate Trump, and I hate his Goons, but it’s time to move on. Condoleezza continuously acknowledged how wrong that day was and how serious it was, but Sunny kept trying to bring the topic back to that. Ridiculous."

Yawn, more "I'm a Democrat, but...." trolling. Condi is a fucking cunt, the only reason she wants to "move on" is because the terrorists belong to the same political party as her. How dumb do you have to be to be black but defend a bunch of rednecks with Confederate flags and pro-Holocaust shirts? Or be a lesbian but work for a president who wanted to amend the constitution to ban gay marriage

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2021 4:00 AM

But she didn’t defend them…

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2021 4:02 AM

"I'm Team Condi here. I think it's time to move on to something else, but I get why the democrats won't let it go. Republicans do the same thing. The difference is their PR machine is able to keep a scandal, even one that is bullshit, interesting and front burner. Democrats don't have that same skill."

You're a Democrat but you're "Team Condi" and you insult Democrats. Riiiiiiight.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2021 4:02 AM

OP the media do nothing but lie and bend the truth to fit their pre-determined narrative. You shouldn’t believe anything they say. The National Enquirer is more reliable.

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2021 4:04 AM

How did I insult democrats? Is there a democrat alive who doesn't know how bad our ability to message is? And yes, I am a democrat who is Team Condi, here. If you don't like it, you can always kiss my ass.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2021 4:11 AM

I don’t get the mentality that just because you’re a Democrat means you can’t say flaws within the party or it’s people, and can’t say when someone who isn’t a Dem is right. And vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2021 4:12 AM

Umm, I think Liz Cheney is a Republican and she's on the 1/6 committee. Her father was a pivotal figure in the Republican Party for about 40 years or so, a hell of a lot longer than Donald Chump.

If Obama had been a Russian asset, like Chump, and he tried to overturn the result of an election he lost, Repuglicans would be SCREAMING for his head in the corridors of Washington. There will be an investigation and the moral of the story is don't attempt a coup because people will get pissed.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2021 4:34 AM

I'd guess The View is spinning this story out to counteract the attacks that Meghan has been leveling at them. She went full Fox news yesterday with a juicy take down on Hannity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2021 4:53 AM

R25 I can’t stand to watch either of them. What did she say?

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2021 4:58 AM

I thought Condi was full of shit. She was snappy to the others on the panel. She was NOT going to be cornered into saying about Jan 6th other than the old, "Let's move on" horseshit. NO, let's fucking find out what really went down on Jan 6th. I'm not the fuck 'moving on' and neither should anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2021 5:05 AM

I hear you r26 but you should try to get thru it. It's juicy.

The show Joy and Whoopi both berating her. She talks about how she was suffering post partum at the time of Joy's outburst and that she vomited and had an anxiety attack during the commercial.

She says they were nasty to her for all but the first two years or so and she felt she had to quit to preserve her mental health. Says she didn't want to take the job since she had a similar one at Fox but her father believed in the show and felt she should do it to get the republican point of view across. She says the other repugs they have hired (Ana Navarro I think she means) aren't really republicans. They wanted her to be the token republican on the show but then the hosts couldn't handle that she was supposed to give the alternate opinion and made it really personal.

She surprisningly admits her father's campaign treated Sarah Palin poorly and throws in a special dig for Nicole Wallace. (I guess she is also one of the people Megs means when she says people were hired to be republicans but all the ones before her bombed and were fired. (I guess Hassleback was the last one who remained on the show for years.)

I think that about sums it up.

But hold your nose and watch. IT's fun! Bitchery at its best!

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2021 5:05 AM

Meghan has disrespected Sarah Palin in the press for years and the family dissed her by not inviting her to the funeral.

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2021 5:15 AM

The media knows most people agree with Condi so they want to make her look bad through narrative.

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2021 5:16 AM

Hannity asks her about not inviting Palin to the funeral. She glosses over it and doesn't really answer.

BTW how did Ivanka and Jared get in? Were they invited? Did they crash it? Seems unlikely they would be invited.

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2021 5:17 AM

Isn’t African American Condi/Connor the first trans and/or non-binary/ asexual Republican to ever hide in the closet on national television? Her contribution to history and to the future can not be overlooked- unlike her twice daily meals of female vagina.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2021 5:24 AM

And yes, I am a democrat who is Team Condi, here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2021 5:28 AM

They need to bring Baba Wawa back to the View. She always kept those other hens in line.

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2021 5:37 AM

Babs is drowning in her diapers.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2021 5:39 AM

there was an anonymos staffer who spoke out after the Kamala mishap.

the person said just what r34 said. Babs kept them in line. It's been chaos ever since she left and that's how the Kamala thing happened.

(and why no investigation into that? According to the People Magazine writer they announced that sunny and Ana had tested positive and then had them go back out and re-removed them in front of the cameras (if you notice the audience doesn't gasp at the news which you think they would.) Then they strange "it's a tease" from the producer? I mean Kamala is a heartbeat away from the presidency.)

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2021 5:59 AM

Only an idiot like R28 would think the half-truths coming out of Meghan's mouth are "FuN!"

by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2021 6:25 AM

Whoa, Whoppi ballooned even since the summer.

1/6 was a dress rehearsal. Next time, they won't be pushed back.

Like fuck we should let it go. If we let an attempted overthrow of the federal government go (perpetratwd by the fucking President!), then what exactly can we "go after"?

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2021 6:26 AM

R28 and how many seconds into the interview did it take for her to mention her father?

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2021 6:44 AM

My views are probably a bit to the left of Condi's, but I totally respect her intelligence and integrity100%. I think her faith in the Republican Party has been severely harmed over the past year. I don't think she's completely given up all hope of its eventual redemption, but she probably feels like a battered spouse in an abusive relationship at this point. It's NOT a coincidence that Condi walked away from politics when Trump was elected. Trump might share the Republican Party label, but he's pretty much the antithesis of everything she regards as sacred and holy. Her personal identity as a Republican is deep and robust, but she's not blind or delusional. Eventually, she's going to crack and walk away from the GOP... quite possibly, simultaneously with the Bush, Cheney, and McCain families.

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2021 6:49 AM

Is there still a Chevron tanker named after Condi?

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2021 6:52 AM

Yes, R41, the SS [italic]Carpet Lick[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2021 6:55 AM

Or the SS Rug Munch

by Anonymousreply 43October 21, 2021 6:57 AM

Incidentally, if Condi ever DID officially become a Democrat and decided to run for President, I think she'd be a powerful force to be reckoned with... both by Democratic challengers AND her eventual Republican opponent. She's one of the VERY few people I've met who can engage in intellectual discourse one minute, then tear you up, down, left, right, and diagonally like a New York drag queen throwing more shade than an eclipse a minute later.

If she ever personally got into an argument with Kamala Harris, it would be a cat fight... claws out, fur and blood flying. Kamala matches Condi's intellect, but Condi really knows how to WORK it.

by Anonymousreply 44October 21, 2021 7:04 AM

R44 Did you even watch The View? Condi Rice said she's out of politics and wants to keep it that way. And Dems hate her.

Also Sunny Hostin tore Condi Rice apart in the show. So, so much for that cat fight potential and "knowing how to WORK it".

You're delusional.

by Anonymousreply 45October 21, 2021 7:49 AM

r45, if "Dems hate her", it's their loss. The Venn Diagram of "Bernie Sanders' Ideology" and "Condoleeza Rice's Ideology" might only overlap by 20-30% (mostly, within the realm of foreign policy & respect for America's democratic institutions), but I'd argue that Condi & Pelosi probably overlap 70-80%, and Condi & Sinema probably hit 85-95% common ground.

The ideological gulf between Condi (and other non-Trumpian Republicans) and centrist Democrats isn't nearly as wide as Newt Gingrich & AOC act like it is, especially with regard to foreign policy. Clinton & Obama's foreign policy agendas were fundamentally Neocon in all but name. Hell, Condi probably has more foreign-policy overlap with Bernie Sanders than with Rand Paul, party labels notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 46October 21, 2021 8:08 AM

Jesus Christ - Whoopi is FAT! Obese, actually. She needs an intervention.

by Anonymousreply 47October 21, 2021 8:26 AM

My question is why would Condi Rice want to be in the same room with those useless Cunts on the view?

by Anonymousreply 48October 21, 2021 8:34 AM

[Quote]It's NOT a coincidence that Condi walked away from politics when Trump was elected.

No, she did not. She sat behind Brett Kavanaugh during his Senate confirmation hearings. This was the afternoon after the morning hearing when that seat was occupied by a black cocktail dress clad, biracial law clerk of Kavanaugh's who crossed her arms and drew her hand resting on one elbow into a white power symbol.

by Anonymousreply 49October 21, 2021 8:36 AM

Sorry, r49, but those claims were just a trolling 4chan prank.

As more than a few have noted, a half-Jewish Mexican-American woman is a rather unlikely convert to White Nationalism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 21, 2021 8:47 AM

At least Condi was candid about her insensitive derelection of duty when she chose to go boot shopping and take in Spamalot on Broadway while New Orleans drowned during Katrina. But she quickly brushed it and the hundred of dead aside by declaring, "it's a new day. People have moved on.." Despite speaking into microphones before cameras set before her by humans, she explained in her book that she was actually addressing cholera germs, whom she counts as among her most ardent constituency.

by Anonymousreply 51October 21, 2021 10:17 AM

[quote]But she quickly brushed it and the hundred of dead aside by declaring, "it's a new day. People have moved on.."

I’m getting sick and tired of this worn out Republican tactic of ‘Nothing to see here, folks”.

The only thing that should next be uttered by whomever is on the business end of that runaround is, “BULL. SHIT!”

by Anonymousreply 52October 21, 2021 11:09 AM

I"m not a Republican but we really need to get to the bottom of what happened in Benghazi.

When is SOMEONE, ANYONE in power going to face 11 hours of questioning like the email lady did? Andy why the fuck doesn't the media repeat this "Hillary faced 11 hours of questioning why not fill-in -the blank? And why the fuck doesn;t anyone ask these Christian lying POS's "what happened to though shall not lie?"

Evil, hypochristianal cunt should be shot by firing squad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2021 11:19 AM

Yup, r53. We. Are. Not. Moving. On.

by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2021 11:23 AM

Here’s the skinny for someone not wanting to watch (I watched it live in it’s entirety.) Condi was absolutely correct in everything she said. Sunny is still a racist idiot. Whoopi is the fattest person on daytime TV. (Chrissy is primetime - and I do love me some Chrissy)

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2021 11:29 AM

OP - Because she's not Kamala "I'm still talking, I'm still talking!" Harris

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2021 11:37 AM

Ha ha ha! Condi shut down that uppity Sunny. Good for Condi!

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2021 11:40 AM

Condoleezza rice is a war criminal, & that will be in her NY Times obituary when she finally exits this world.

She's one of those people who is a republican, before she's human. Some people are beyond redemption.

She's one of them!

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2021 1:18 PM

Sunny looked really beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2021 1:19 PM

Bitch stole my act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 21, 2021 1:41 PM

^ Eva was a dyke? Who knew.

by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2021 1:43 PM

Conde, the lezzie, was a complete asshole on the View. Let's move on from Jan 6! Let's not teach racism so white kids wont feel bad!

by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2021 1:58 PM

[quote] I"m not a Republican but we really need to get to the bottom of what happened in Benghazi.

8 Congressional investigations, all vindicating Hillary, weren't good enough?

by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2021 1:59 PM

[Quote]a half-Jewish Mexican-American woman is a rather unlikely convert to White Nationalism.

Tell that to Enique Tarrio, Steven Carrillo, Stephen Miller, and Katie Waldman. Also doesn't change the fact that Condi was there actively supporting the shit show, a political act on behalf of the Trump Administration.

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2021 2:08 PM

R55 What was Condi correct about?

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2021 2:12 PM

[quote] When is this trainwreck of a daytime talk show that's been on the air for like 94 years, going to ever be cancelled?

It's #1 in its timeslot and among all similar shows---so, it won't be cancelled for a long long long time

by Anonymousreply 66October 21, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote] I'm Team Condi here. I think it's time to move on to something else, but I get why the democrats won't let it go.

Attempting to overthrow Democracy by force isn't something Congress should look into?

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 67October 21, 2021 2:25 PM

If the GOP wins Congress in 2022 (and all predictions are it will), the investigation into the attack on the Capitol will suddenly disappear.

by Anonymousreply 68October 21, 2021 2:31 PM

Condoleeza Rice was a failure in every position she held in government. She needs to go back under that rock where she came from.

by Anonymousreply 69October 21, 2021 2:41 PM

Fuck her. It's fitting that she's getting the "angry black woman" treatment from the same system she helped proliferate as a member of the bigoted party

by Anonymousreply 70October 21, 2021 2:42 PM

She tore them to shreds, admit it. Of course no one on the View is anything close to be an academic with understanding of anything complicated. It is simply a coffee clutch.

by Anonymousreply 71October 21, 2021 2:43 PM

I agree with Condoleezza.

by Anonymousreply 72October 21, 2021 2:44 PM

Damn that sho is one ugly bulldagger!

by Anonymousreply 73October 21, 2021 2:46 PM

[quote] She tore them to shreds, admit it.

How can one tear anyone with "We don't want white kids to feel bad about themselves?"

I guess she no longer believes: If we don't study history, we are cursed to repeat it.

by Anonymousreply 74October 21, 2021 2:48 PM

Lots of trolls on this thead.

We MUST investigate attacks on the Capitol, particular because it doesnt seem at all spontaneous but planned for months.

We MUST teach the effect of racism on this country and how every system from healthcare to education to finance is tainted by racism.

by Anonymousreply 75October 21, 2021 2:49 PM

Why is it time to moe on? There was an attempt to overthrow our government. We cannot and should not move on until every mother fucking traitor is held to account.

by Anonymousreply 76October 21, 2021 2:50 PM

Democrats want Trump gone because they’re afraid he’ll run in 24 and win. Which he will. They don’t care about the government. They want Trump out of the way in 24.

by Anonymousreply 77October 21, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote] Democrats want Trump gone because they’re afraid he’ll run in 24 and win. Which he will. They don’t care about the government. They want Trump out of the way in 24.

Um, your point is?

by Anonymousreply 78October 21, 2021 2:55 PM

Democrats don’t care about the “insurrection”. They hate America. At least, the gays here do.

by Anonymousreply 79October 21, 2021 2:59 PM

[quote] She tore them to shreds, admit it.

LOL! She got grilled by the panel, couldn't defend anything she said, and then had to resort to repeating her talking point. She sure showed them!

by Anonymousreply 80October 21, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote] Democrats don’t care about the “insurrection”. They hate America. At least, the gays here do.

Sure, Vlad, Sure

by Anonymousreply 81October 21, 2021 3:01 PM

[quote] I agree with Condoleezza.

Thanks for chiming in, Condi

by Anonymousreply 82October 21, 2021 3:01 PM

At least you didn’t call me Boris.

by Anonymousreply 83October 21, 2021 3:02 PM

Well this Vlad votes, and I can’t wait to vote in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 84October 21, 2021 3:03 PM

Will you vote for Putin again?

by Anonymousreply 85October 21, 2021 3:07 PM

Sunny was so distraught after being ripped to shreds by Condi that she had to take today off. Snowflake.

by Anonymousreply 86October 21, 2021 3:07 PM

She mouthed the pre-Trump talking points. We must do something for the American people and their kitchen table issues, as long as we never, ever do anything specific (other than tax cuts for the rich, presumably). The Republican Party was righteous and pure before somehow, someway, out of nowhere this Trump came along and magically stole this righteous and pure party from its natural leaders. It's almost like the Republican Party turned out to be full of Republicans. Who knew? We should care about the insurrection, even shed a few tears about it, but never, ever do anything to prevent the next insurrection, and certainly never try to understand what caused this insurrection or who was really responsible for it. We should just "move on." Unlike every single thing Hillary Clinton ever did for 50 years, which must be analyzed to death, of course, and never forgotten.

Yeah, fuck that noise, and fuck her. And that's before we even get into lying us into an incredibly stupid and useless war in Iraq.

by Anonymousreply 87October 21, 2021 3:07 PM

[quote]Will you vote for Putin again?

Yas kween.

by Anonymousreply 88October 21, 2021 3:08 PM

I guess if you consider Gish-galloping and talking over people "tearing them to shreds," then yas, she read them for filth, mawma.

by Anonymousreply 89October 21, 2021 3:09 PM

Conde has only hurt America no matter what she's done. Why both listening to someone who was driving part of the second worst administration in lifetime?

by Anonymousreply 90October 21, 2021 3:09 PM

I think the Condi Rice fan troll is a new DL character.

I don't get why anyone would want to be a cheerleader for this war criminal, but whatevs.

by Anonymousreply 91October 21, 2021 3:10 PM

I don't always suspect boris, but I suspect this particular troll is getting paid for it r91.

by Anonymousreply 92October 21, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote] "Let's move on" horseshit. NO, let's fucking find out what really went down on Jan 6th. I'm not the fuck 'moving on' and neither should anyone else.

Damn! So this means no more dick pics here. You're just a killjoy.

by Anonymousreply 93October 21, 2021 3:14 PM

[quote]I don't always suspect boris, but I suspect this particular troll is getting paid for it [R91].

Gotcha kween.

by Anonymousreply 94October 21, 2021 3:14 PM

I went to school in Florida (grade 3 through 11) and I didn't learn about slavery, the Holocaust, WW2, The Vietnam War or anything after 1850.

My mother told me about all of those things. I felt terrible. Everyone should feel bad after learning about slavery. If you don't feel bad, there's something wrong with you,

I'm talking to you R14, you piece of shit

A lot of you don't realize that many schools don't teach anything about slavery or very, very little and what they do teach is a watered down version. My niece goes to school in Georgia and her teacher told her that some slaves enjoyed being slaves

by Anonymousreply 95October 21, 2021 3:14 PM

You seem to just focus on slavery^. Are you as passionate about learning about the Holocaust and Nam?

by Anonymousreply 96October 21, 2021 3:17 PM

Just a reminder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 21, 2021 3:18 PM

[quote]I'm talking to you [R14], you piece of shit

I think R14 was sarcasm and “making fun” of red deplorables, blue deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 98October 21, 2021 3:18 PM

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks this is weird R92. Why is somebody trying so hard to make Condi Rice a thing?

by Anonymousreply 99October 21, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote] I think the Condi Rice fan troll is a new DL character.

Obviously new because no one on this earth is truly a Condi fan.

by Anonymousreply 100October 21, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote] Why is somebody trying so hard to make Condi Rice a thing?

Lezzie licking

by Anonymousreply 101October 21, 2021 3:19 PM

wow, that is truly pathetic, and really disturbing r95. That is some sad and stupid shit not being able to deal with even the most basic facts of racism in this country, the one you'd think everyone could at least pretend to be against: slavery. Oh, well. Never lived in the deep south, so I guess really don't know that world of delusion and bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 102October 21, 2021 3:20 PM

[quote]Lezzie licking

At least you didn’t call her a “d-ke”, which is improvement for Datalounge’s deep hatred for lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 103October 21, 2021 3:21 PM

R22, weird that Dems are "so bad at messaging" when we've won the popular vote all but once in the past 30 years

by Anonymousreply 104October 21, 2021 3:23 PM

Maybe all of this fanboying over Condi is that she's involved in some oil deal with Vlad and he has sent word out to the troll farms to defend her ass on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 105October 21, 2021 3:29 PM

There are a great many African Americans in the US who share her views on CRT. I think like the gay community being afraid or reluctant to speak up about their real feelings and beliefs in the face of bullying TRAs and "allies", many blacks are equally afraid to speak out against the latest in black advocacy such as BLM, Inc, CRT etc.

Here's someone who shares her views. He's not alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 21, 2021 3:36 PM

[quote][R22], weird that Dems are "so bad at messaging" when we've won the popular vote all but once in the past 30 years

Winning the popular vote in an electoral college base election isn't ma ringing endorsement for good messaging. What it means is they have a large, built-in base but fail when it comes to reaching needed swing state voters. They're also terrible at selling their agenda.

by Anonymousreply 107October 21, 2021 3:36 PM

[quote] You seem to just focus on slavery^. Are you as passionate about learning about the Holocaust and Nam?

In case you didn't notice, slavery is part of the topic of this thread. I don't need to learn about the Holocaust or the Vietnam war. Had you have read what I wrote, my mother taught me about them. I've visited those places. I mentioned those thing because they all need to be taught. And many schools don't teach them. Evidently they don't teach critical reading skills either

by Anonymousreply 108October 21, 2021 3:54 PM

[quote]I don't need to learn about the Holocaust or the Vietnam war.

😉

by Anonymousreply 109October 21, 2021 3:55 PM

[quote]Evidently they don't teach critical reading skills either

Typical blue Deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 110October 21, 2021 3:56 PM

Is this the infamous Matt? Or some other loon?

by Anonymousreply 111October 21, 2021 3:59 PM

Condi is so right. Cause like Critical Race Theory. It's like critical, and it's like a theory, and it's all racial and stuff, so it's bad y'all. We gotta stop it!

by Anonymousreply 112October 21, 2021 4:00 PM

Why did the media lie about Iraq having WMDs? Why did they push the lies of the neocons?

Because that's what they do.

by Anonymousreply 113October 21, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote] Why is the media making it sound like Condoleezza Rice screamed at The View hosts?

Because the media fucking LIE ALL THE FUCKING TIME. They're selling you narratives, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 114October 21, 2021 4:02 PM

All you Condi defenders *do* realize that she was a part of the Bush Administration. You know, the one that had the No Child Left Behind initiative that resulted in a complete dumbing down of kids. There's a reason why they don't know anything about the Holocaust or slavery. Stop defending this bitch. She lied like the rest of that bunch of criminals. They just look better now in comparison to the Trump crime syndicate.

by Anonymousreply 115October 21, 2021 4:03 PM

[quote] At least you didn’t call her a “d-ke”, which is improvement for Datalounge’s deep hatred for lesbians.

Oh, yes, she's a dyke

by Anonymousreply 116October 21, 2021 4:09 PM

And this idea that white kids will all be traumatized by learning about slavery and racism? Are you fucking kidding me? You think some white suburban teenager is going to fall apart learning that old white people a hundred years ago were assholes? Really? Have you ever been a teenager.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones, and we learned about slavery and the Holocaust and Jim Crow and all of it. We felt sad, we wished adults weren't such assholes, as they always tended to be, and we got on with our largely selfish, largely self-absorbed lives.

by Anonymousreply 117October 21, 2021 4:12 PM

R117, so I guess white conservatives are admitting they themselves are snowflakes

by Anonymousreply 118October 21, 2021 4:14 PM

Teach CRT and American Exceptionalism.

by Anonymousreply 119October 21, 2021 4:16 PM

Condoleezza came off as incredibly bright and thoughtful regardless of if you agree with her views or not. In fact, who could disagree with her views on 1/6 and kitchen table topics important to Americans? The other panelists are mostly uniformed and shrill. They seem to have great difficulty listening to other viewpoints. I hate this show. And Whoopie's weight gain made me breathless.

by Anonymousreply 120October 21, 2021 4:21 PM

America will eventually come to an end, because it won't get its act together.

America has never been exceptional, only aspirational. America has a lot of potential, but it keeps squandering its chances & opportunities.

by Anonymousreply 121October 21, 2021 4:21 PM

Slavery like the holocaust has very dark aspects to it and, yes, I think both should be introduced to children at appropriate ages when they can maturely handle the subject matter.

General aspects rather than the full realities can be handled at younger ages in elementary school. Even the blaming and politics needs an appropriate age to discuss. If a child is interested in more than they can seek out that information. I did that about apartheid, the US slavery aftermath and the Holocaust. I searched my parents' and neighbors' libraries and went to the public library in the dinosaur years and got books specific to the topics and did deep dives. I did that about 10. While I was babysitting at 11, I came across our neighbor's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. That got me hooked. We won't discuss the Playboy collection I "accidentally" came across at another babysitting household.

by Anonymousreply 122October 21, 2021 4:22 PM

Yeah, that's a paid shill at r120. No engagement, no actual thought, no actual point. Just repetition and saying words for the sake of saying words. Not even the slightest belief they will convince anyone. Just post what you need to post and get on to the next thing.

by Anonymousreply 123October 21, 2021 4:25 PM

Condi was a cunt toward the other hosts.

by Anonymousreply 124October 21, 2021 4:29 PM

Rice has spent her entire life denying she was an Uncle Tom. Why would yesterday's trip to The View have been any different?

by Anonymousreply 125October 21, 2021 4:32 PM

There's general conservativism and then there's white conservativism.

Condoleezza rice represents the latter. She's very white on the inside. GWB ran on compassionate conservativism. Which is an oxymoron, because there's nothing compassionate about conservativism in the first place. Compassion is not a feature of conservativism which is why it had to be added.

Conservativism is limited in its existence. It's not generous in anyway shape or form. Conservativism is cold hard and mean. Liberalism is warm diverse open minded and welcoming etc.

There's nothing redeeming about conservativism. Which is why they have such a hard time selling it outside of their crazy insane voting base. Even former Republicans admit to this.

by Anonymousreply 126October 21, 2021 4:42 PM

I don't want little white kids to feel bad about racism or slavery. I just want them to understand how we all got to this point. I get so tired, even here on DL, of the endless parade of people going on about white immigrant ancestors who "had it so much worse" or "they worked hard and built good lives". They never hear about all the roadblocks that were put in place that just stopped black American progress post Reconstruction. A lot of white people don't understand even the basics, like redlining or predatory lending practices that kept black people from building wealth in a country they helped build. Or how the US just abandoned Reconstruction which allowed the south to create a brand new form of slavery. If that makes white people feel bad, then you're more fragile then I thought.

But anyway, Condi is not the problem. The way I look at it is that there are republicans and there are Trumpers. Condi is no Trumper, no matter how hard you try to cast her in that role.

by Anonymousreply 127October 21, 2021 5:14 PM

Also when Sunny brought up the Quinnipiac poll about Repubs supporting Trump overwhelmingly, Cunti Rice said I don't believe it and you should know I'M A POLITICAL SCIENTIST!

by Anonymousreply 128October 21, 2021 5:17 PM

And what a bullshit answer that is, R128. Perfectly designed to get her out of any uncomfortable questions based on polling.

Before she could ever possibly answer, she MUST examine the data, the methodology, the conflict of interest statements of every employee at the polling firm. And on and on and on.

But, yeah, she'll tell you to move on and forget her party's crimes. She'll talk about that.

by Anonymousreply 129October 21, 2021 5:31 PM

This thread proves people will believe what they want despite facts. Gullible fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 130October 21, 2021 5:34 PM

I dislike Condi Rice, but I am so sick of polls regardless of who they favor.

by Anonymousreply 131October 21, 2021 5:53 PM

[quote] Condoleezza came off as incredibly bright and thoughtful regardless of if you agree with her views or not.

Too bad her purported brightness never led to any positive outcomes for the US

by Anonymousreply 132October 21, 2021 6:09 PM

[quote] But anyway, Condi is not the problem. The way I look at it is that there are republicans and there are Trumpers.

They all started being "non-Trumpers" when he lost. Prior to that, they were all aboard the Trump train. If he wins again, they'll jump right on Trump wagon again.

by Anonymousreply 133October 21, 2021 6:11 PM

In the biographies of her available online, the recollections of her from family and friends are superficially glowing but also paint her as an annoying Tracy Flick type if you read between the lines. Her aunt is a lovely, down-to-earth person (she was my high school guidance counselor, and she worked her ass off to get me a scholarship to my alma mater), and I'd be willing to bet that privately she thinks Condi is a bit extra.

by Anonymousreply 134October 21, 2021 6:23 PM

R134 Her Autobiography is on Audible. She narrates it. It is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 135October 21, 2021 6:25 PM

I will never forget this. Never.

"And I said, at one point, that this was a historical memo, that it was -- it was not based on new threat information. And I said, "No one could have imagined them taking a plane, slamming it into the Pentagon" -- I'm paraphrasing now -- "into the World Trade Center, using planes as a missile.""

And please remember. She was out shopping at the Ferragamo store on September 11th, at 10 AM, not on the job.

by Anonymousreply 136October 21, 2021 6:27 PM

^ And in town to see [italic]Spamalot[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 137October 21, 2021 6:28 PM

Huh, she didn't want to move on where Benghazi was concerned. She loved flogging that dead horse

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 21, 2021 6:30 PM

Sunny Hostin is a moron. All she cares about is repeating the same tried talking points so she can be popular with media elites on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 139October 21, 2021 6:38 PM

R138, You’re comparing a terror attack (you know a real one) that led to deaths to a glorified trespassing from some crazies at the capital. Two very different things.

by Anonymousreply 140October 21, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote] Her Autobiography is on Audible. She narrates it. It is pretty good.

"I was born a poor black child..."

by Anonymousreply 141October 21, 2021 6:49 PM

No, R140, the difference is these from January 6th, are DOMESTIC TERROISTS and the guys in the planes were foreign terrorists. On January 6th we had an insurrection. The Seditionists who planned and participated are still active, and their January 6th goal to overthrow our government is still their goal.

by Anonymousreply 142October 21, 2021 6:49 PM

R138, she always toes the GOP party line. Never an independent, always a partisan.

ALL the questions about Bengazi were answered in the 8 GOP-led investigations, all vindicating Hillary.

In fact, every time an investigation vindicated Hillary, the GOP would suddenly create another investigation to "find the truth."

by Anonymousreply 143October 21, 2021 6:51 PM

Hillary Clinton is a corrupt murderous cunt. It’s no wonder that piece of human garbage is such close friends with George Bush

by Anonymousreply 144October 21, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote] Hillary Clinton is a corrupt murderous cunt. It’s no wonder that piece of human garbage is such close friends with George Bush

Thanks, Vladimir. for chiming in

by Anonymousreply 145October 21, 2021 7:14 PM

Isn't that why she was on the view to be the "Republican voice"? This is what I don't understand about you View watchers, you get mad at the people who are just doing what the show asked them to do.

by Anonymousreply 146October 21, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote] Isn't that why she was on the view to be the "Republican voice"? This is what I don't understand about you View watchers, you get mad at the people who are just doing what the show asked them to do.

We keep hoping the GOP would show nuance. Instead, they all seem fine with insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 147October 21, 2021 7:16 PM

I think she sincerely thinks they are terrible. She did say the people who broke the law need to be arrested and tried. What more do you want?

She is right, the country needs to move and try to come together. We are extremely polarized and it is not good.

by Anonymousreply 148October 21, 2021 7:22 PM

Condi is being used, and happy to do it, just like Colin Powell was. They both had a modicum of credibility and projected moderation for the GOP and got trotted out to put lipstick on the pigs...Condi was happy to let Colin twist in the wind. In fact she was helpful to Rumsfeld, et al. Now she glibly dismisses and insurrection? What a power thirsty cunt she is!

by Anonymousreply 149October 21, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote] I think she sincerely thinks they are terrible. She did say the people who broke the law need to be arrested and tried. What more do you want? She is right, the country needs to move and try to come together. We are extremely polarized and it is not good.

I'd like an insurrection properly investigated. 5 died and over 100 officers were injured. The entire point was to overturn a fair election.

Why is it that whenever the right does something absolutely egregious, we all get the called to "come together"? Those egregious things are why we are polarized to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 150October 21, 2021 7:30 PM

"We need to move on" just polarizes us more.

by Anonymousreply 151October 21, 2021 7:30 PM

[quote] We are extremely polarized and it is not good.

We a polarized because one side wants to negate the rights of the other side. Stop fighting to block people's rights and THEN we'll come together.

by Anonymousreply 152October 21, 2021 7:31 PM

FYI, this whole notion of being arrested and tried is bullshit. I hope you know that. The insurrectionists, and these thousands of terrorists, are all being tried in their home states many of which are controlled by the GOP and extremist political machinery. Want to know why they get to go on vacation while awaiting trial? Or why they're under sentenced? Please. They should have had centralized locations, oversight by the DOJ and a special commission handling the aftermath. It should have been like the fucking war crimes tribunals after WW2. What's going on is bullshit. Two things need to happen. Get rid of Merrick Garland, and support the 1/6 Congressional investigation. We have to take a very hard line or we are fucked. Just remember. Garland was a choice Obama made to appease McConnell. He has never been considered a progressive so don't expect much from him. Anyone who thinks he will bravely take a stand is pissing into the wind.

by Anonymousreply 153October 21, 2021 7:35 PM

Sunny constantly interrupted Conde, who was very polite, during The Big Mouth's rantings.

by Anonymousreply 154October 21, 2021 7:36 PM

R153, the DOJ concluded there was no "Insurrection."

by Anonymousreply 155October 21, 2021 7:38 PM

R155, whoever reached that conclusion, they were wrong. They don't get to make that decision. The Truth is what has happened. Opinions are not facts.

by Anonymousreply 156October 21, 2021 7:41 PM

R148, NO. Everyone stating, "We must move on" is conspiring with the trash Trump base, that is clearly intent on destroying the government and taking down the USA.

The references here to Bengazi ... the Republicans beat that dead horse into oblivion. Bengazi has no relevance here.

So - Fuck all the garbage Trump sympathizers pounding the "Must move on for the good of the nation" bullshit. NO FUCKING WAY. If this insurrection debacle is not handled properly this country is dead. I'm not ready to bury anything. I demand my pound of flesh, and you should too.

by Anonymousreply 157October 21, 2021 7:51 PM

Wake up, Condoleezza! WAKE UP, CONDOLEEZZA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 21, 2021 8:00 PM

You don't actually imagine your bullshit is working, do you r148? You don't think your Trumpista whoring is making you sound wise and reasonable, do you?

by Anonymousreply 159October 21, 2021 8:04 PM

I say move on because nothing is ever going to come of it. Trump is never going to pay for any of his crimes and the crazies on January 6 are never going to seriously pay for what they did. That's just not how it's going to work for those people, most of them white and from red states. We all know what this was and what the goal was, but Democrats are never going to play down and dirty with these people. So they are going to walk away, free as birds.

The only way a majority of people would care about punishing this is if the insurrectionists were black, brown or gay.

by Anonymousreply 160October 21, 2021 8:46 PM

So no fuss, no muss. On to the next insurrection. Cool.

by Anonymousreply 161October 21, 2021 8:56 PM

She channeled the talking points of the former occupant of the chair.

She was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 162October 21, 2021 9:00 PM

The repugs are so desperate for a non kook media shill they disinter this old corpse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 21, 2021 9:11 PM

^ I here shovels..

by Anonymousreply 164October 21, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote] Some people are beyond redemption. She's one of them!

And you're another one of them, R58

by Anonymousreply 165October 21, 2021 11:28 PM

R163 - Was that Nancy Pelosi's yearbook photo?

by Anonymousreply 166October 21, 2021 11:29 PM

I luvs me some black cherry..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 21, 2021 11:56 PM

R25, I watched the segment you posted with Meghan McCain on Hannity's show. I have watched The View enough to know why our dear little Meghan had such a difficult time with the interruption issue. She speaks in run-on sentences, and she did that very thing during her Hannity spot. When one gets to 2-3 minutes into the same damned sentence, there is a very real problem. She would do this every day on The View, to the point that the others on the program became exasperated waiting for her to take a breath. She would go on and on and on and on. Who in their right mind wouldn't interrupt her mouthy ass!

Every day she would walk onto the set with a bad attitude.

Every day there would be a fight.

How predictable.

The girl has a real problem with her self-esteem and importance. Her diatribes, run-ins, and run-ons resulted in her being fired for good reason. NO ONE could stand her anymore.

Good riddance to the conversation hog.

by Anonymousreply 168October 22, 2021 12:58 AM

Lets compare the other Republican Unca Tom/Tammy in the house, Colin Powell, who just died from Covid. He at least had the good sense to basically apologize about being a cheerleader for the ILLEGAL Iraq invasion. This cunt keeps doubling down and will NEVER apologize for her hubris and lies. She is not forgiven until she repents for that. Don't fall for the Condi rehabilitation tour, DL.

by Anonymousreply 169October 22, 2021 3:58 AM

Please explain how a white person who uses the phrase "Uncle Tom" is not a racist? It's a pejorative predicated on someone's skin color.

by Anonymousreply 170October 22, 2021 12:14 PM

Biden still needs to apologize for championing the war as does Hillz “cunt” Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 171October 22, 2021 12:17 PM

Even if you're correct, R170, and you might not be as the term has not just a racist usage, but a well known meaning describing a phenomenon that actually exists, you still miss the point.

The use of that term would NEVER be as bad as all the things that Condoleezza Rice has done to earn it.

And writing 500 words to describe the phenomenon just so that the well known two word descriptive term is not used is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 172October 22, 2021 12:19 PM

Pathetic that Benghazi has to be investigated at nauseum and an attack on the Capitol itself to overturn the results of an election should just be forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 173October 22, 2021 2:35 PM

[quote] Biden still needs to apologize for championing the war as does Hillz “cunt” Clinton.

Both have said it was a mistake. Condi has not.

See how the Boris trolls try and distract with their both siderism. Don't fall for it.

by Anonymousreply 174October 22, 2021 2:48 PM

R174, They have not owned up to their part especially Biden. They always put the blame on other people. It goes beyond a mistake. They knew it was bullshit all along and were active collaborators.

by Anonymousreply 175October 22, 2021 3:28 PM

I don't think that 95%+ of the people who stormed the Capitol LITERALLY intended to kill officials. Most just got swept up in what (to them) felt like a big political pep rally to "own the libs" via social-media selfies.

I also think they need to be punished harshly & made an example of, PRECISELY to drive home the point that it was NOT acceptable, will never be tolerated again, and will be punished even MORE harshly if anyone does it in the future. On January 6th, there plausibly WAS some ambiguity about where they "crossed a line". Part of the 1/6 Commission's job is to find that line, and draw it clearly with metaphorical day-glo paint for everyone to see in the future.

Remember, any law used to target future Trumpians would unquestionably be used to target Democrats protesting a real, honest-to-god coup by Trumpians. It's important to define clear, bright lines that apply to people on BOTH sides of it.

As tempting as it is to cast a wide net & punish anyone "conspiring" or "involved", vs physically inside & armed with real (vs theoretical or symbolic) weapons, just remember... if the roles were reversed, do you REALLY want to give law enforcement a green light to start shooting into a "threatening" crowd & justify it based upon the actions of a few within it? Or to give a Trumpian DOJ a legal excuse to issue arrest warrants equating online postings to actual violence against Trump's regime?

Trumpian fascism IS an existential threat... but part of remaining vigilant against it is refraining from accidentally creating laws, policies, and precedents they could weaponize IN THEIR FAVOR.

by Anonymousreply 176October 22, 2021 4:25 PM

Poor Sunny had to take another mental health day after being shut down by Condi. Snowflake Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 177October 22, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote] Please explain how a white person who uses the phrase "Uncle Tom" is not a racist? It's a pejorative predicated on someone's skin color.

Please explain how a male person who uses the terms cunt and handmaiden is not a sexist? They are pejoratives predicated on someone's sex.

Having said that, why is Rice somehow stupid and subservient because she doesn't agree with your politics? She is very smart. IMO she has a mind of her own and she isn't afraid to speak it. Whether I agree with her or not is irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 178October 22, 2021 6:11 PM

[quote] They have not owned up to their part especially Biden. They always put the blame on other people. It goes beyond a mistake. They knew it was bullshit all along and were active collaborators.

When will Bush, Cheney, Conde and all the GOP that actually put the war into motion accept blame?

by Anonymousreply 179October 22, 2021 7:18 PM

[quote] I don't think that 95%+ of the people who stormed the Capitol LITERALLY intended to kill officials.

Thankfully "A random DL poster thinks" isn't a defense in court.

by Anonymousreply 180October 22, 2021 7:18 PM

[quote] Please explain how a male person who uses the terms cunt and handmaiden is not a sexist? They are pejoratives predicated on someone's sex. Having said that, why is Rice somehow stupid and subservient because she doesn't agree with your politics? She is very smart.

Condi's a stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 181October 22, 2021 7:19 PM

Condi Rice is a fabulous person.

by Anonymousreply 182October 22, 2021 7:55 PM

Condi is a black woman who has been used by white people all her life.

Just like Clarence Thomas.

They have opted out of being black.

by Anonymousreply 183October 22, 2021 8:08 PM

R179, Biden is just as bad as the ones you named. These DC elites are all close and all know what’s up. Biden and Hillary are evil pieces of shit just like Bush and Cheney.

If you think they’re not you are a moron who needs to turn off the TV

by Anonymousreply 184October 22, 2021 8:22 PM

R183 Yup, they wanna be excepted by certain people, who deep down inside don't give a shit about them.

The desperation is really sad.

by Anonymousreply 185October 22, 2021 8:25 PM

R185, It’s not like Obama or Kamala or any other black elite on the “ good side” give a shit for blacks people who aren’t wealthy.

Condi is the same as them.

by Anonymousreply 186October 22, 2021 8:29 PM

I[quote]t’s not like Obama or Kamala or any other black elite on the “ good side” give a shit for blacks people who aren’t wealthy.

What a cunt r186. Nice to see you slipped in some Republicrap bothsiderism in there.

We see you.

Fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 187October 22, 2021 8:39 PM

[quote]It’s not like Obama or Kamala or any other black elite on the “ good side” give a shit for blacks people who aren’t wealthy.

What a cunt [R186]. Nice to see you slipped in some Republicrap bothsiderism in there.

We see you.

Fuck you.

Fixed it

by Anonymousreply 188October 22, 2021 8:41 PM

R185 Who told you Condi Rice gave a shit about these white people? It's called mutual benefits and backscratching. It's just all business and performance on the stage. Anyone who thinks it's more than that to her is naive and stupid, just like the people who want to believe she had a crush on the idiotic Bush. She used to be a radical democrat and was Madeleine Albright's father's favorite student. He was a prestigious professor/dean who had a lot of power in the academic world and whose connection helped Condi find a job at Stanford. Go figure. Also her long term partner and close personal friends are all radical democrats. It doesn't really matter to her the ideology as much as power and money.

by Anonymousreply 189October 22, 2021 8:59 PM

Look, r180, as fun as it might be to call for heads to roll, you should know as well as everyone that things rarely turn out well when some American authority pushes draconian punishments for zero-tolerance offenses. Inevitably, common sense goes down the toilet, and we end up with officials who go completely overboard casting nets far and wide, inflicting harsh punishments for things that are just stupid (like schools treating pictures of a gun like a real one, or acting like a student with ibuprofen was shooting up heroin in the restroom).

I really, truly, don't think that most of the people who stormed the Capitol on 1/6 *literally* intended to execute members of Congress (or even seriously injure or kill the police). To most of them, it was a prank that got horribly, terribly out of hand. They were wrong, and shouldn't have gone along with it... but mostly, they just weren't thinking about anything not directly in front of them. Trespassers, vandals, and rioters? Sure. Absolutely. Insurrectionists? A few, maybe... most, though, were just stupid idiots who went overboard cosplaying, and got trolled into going WAY overboard.

It's why the law distinguishes between things like murder and manslaughter. A bunch of schoolkids might have a blast burning test papers in a garbage can... until it sets the curtains on fire, burns down the school, and possibly someone dies. At that point, it's certainly appropriate to punish the students... possibly even harshly, so word will get out & future students will think twice before doing it. But it's equally absurd to claim the students LITERALLY set out to murder someone, or even to burn down the school. Hence, the legal distinction between murder and manslaughter, and the more general concept that sometimes, really horrific things happen because idiots did something reckless and stupid.

I'm not saying the individuals who participated in 1/6 should be let off with a wrist-slap... but I think it would ALSO be going WAY overboard to act like they were all domestic terrorists attempting to pull off a literal coup. However, I think it's equally likely to presume that there are individuals who WOULD have wanted a coup who were paying attention on 1/6 to see whether it would actually WORK, and who'll unquestionably try again if they think it will. Ergo, the need to make sure that their likely future pawns go into it knowing fully well that they're going to fail, will be caught, and will be SEVERELY punished for it as a deterrent against future attempts by others.

I also think it's important to be openly honest about the REASON for such harsh punishments... not because anyone wants to pretend that someone holding a noose made from 25lb clothesline, or holding a flagpole like a spear, was wielding a deadly weapon, but BECAUSE they're being made an example of as a deterrent against future repeats. Ironically, inflating charges to absurd levels REDUCES the deterrent effect of harsh punishment, because future people would look at it and think, "they meant to kill them, I'm a freedom-loving American making a symbolic statement of free speech". In contrast, being HONEST about it sends the message, "breaking into the Capitol isn't funny or cute, and could get me into serious shit EVEN IF we all just think it's fun & games, and we're putting on a show for CNN".

Think back to American History in high school, and every time your textbook EVER used the word "sedition" in the same sentence as a law or government official. Now, try to think of a single case where, in retrospect, the official or law in question didn't end up looking BAD or EVIL. Go ahead, just ONE.

I honestly think that any attempt to punish "sedition" against the 1/6 participants will ultimately be weaponized against anyone trying to prevent a future Trumpian coup... and if the Trumpians ultimately lose, it would all ultimately add yet another example of a case where fighting "sedition" went horribly wrong, just like it has every OTHER time in the past when it's been aggressively prosecuted.

by Anonymousreply 190October 22, 2021 9:01 PM

And Madeleine Albright's father was a radical democrat refugee. Go figure. Don't ever think those people like Condi Rice and Thomas are idiots. Those who climbed to the top are far more aware how the deplorables are than you think, yet they willfully selected to align with those fools to gain power, fortune and influence.

by Anonymousreply 191October 22, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote]Pathetic that Benghazi has to be investigated at nauseum and an attack on the Capitol itself to overturn the results of an election should just be forgotten.

It's because Democrats don't know how to play this shit for maximum benefit and to keep it interesting and in front of the American people. Democrats make it about policy and procedure. Republicans turn this sort thing into Dynasty and the media eats it up. Hillary walked into that hearing just like Alexis on the season 1 finale of Dynasty. That's how you do it. You stack these committees with partisans and loud mouths and attention seekers and then you send them out to the news channels and you leak all kinds of salacious details. That's why Benghazi was a thing and people are already tired of this. No sex and no sizzle.

by Anonymousreply 192October 22, 2021 10:07 PM

This thread has gotten off track. Can we get back to calling out Condi for being a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 193October 22, 2021 10:15 PM

R190 Is a damn Nazi apologist.

Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 194October 22, 2021 10:39 PM

She's loathesome. Full if the same rhetoric she used to start another war in Iraq which destabilized the entire Middle East and led us to where we are today. . Fuck her to hell.

by Anonymousreply 195October 22, 2021 10:44 PM

R195, She’s full of the same rhetoric that President Biden spouted as he used his platform to start the war. If you are a Biden bot who recites MSM propaganda you are just as culpable.

by Anonymousreply 196October 22, 2021 10:45 PM

Because the media will do anything to get clicks and views, OP.

by Anonymousreply 197October 22, 2021 10:48 PM

She fed false info to Congress and the world r195 so you can't successfully spin for your gurl.

by Anonymousreply 198October 22, 2021 10:49 PM

Never liked Cuntilezza Rice. Never found her attractive. She is a self loathing black less. And yes. As others have said, she is somewhat responsible for ignoring the warnings pre 9/11 , lying her ass off and being the arrogant equal POS to Donald Rumsfeld. She is wrong. Move on from Jan.6-hell NO. People died and Democracy came within a hairs breadth of death. And Jan.6 was a rehearsal for a real overthrow of the US government. She is a Repiglican of the worst sort. She sucks and always has-just because she is a black woman with a high IQ doesn't mean she's not just as corrupt and power thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 199October 22, 2021 11:08 PM

R14 “Remember, blacks can be the most racist of all.”

Based on WHAT?

There’s been studies since at least the 1970’s that show white children develop racism and superiority complexes earlier than black children. Black children start to develop issues with other races by the 6th grade AFTER they’ve experienced racism from young white children.

The doll test has been around forever and the results haven’t changed much since it first began in the 70’s. Young white kids at an early age believe dark skin is bad and white skin is good.

by Anonymousreply 200October 22, 2021 11:19 PM

R186 Kamala and Obama aren’t black, they’re biracial and non-African American. Both Obama and Kamala have slaveowner ancestry, no slave ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 201October 22, 2021 11:23 PM

Condi munches carpet

Munch munch munch

by Anonymousreply 202October 23, 2021 12:35 AM

She's had a boyfriend for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203October 23, 2021 12:40 AM

Here's Cunt-i-leeza getting called out for her incompetence as National Security Advisor during 9/11. Watch and learn something about how bad your gal sucks, Condi trolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204October 23, 2021 2:34 AM

r203, the only thing missing from those sisters are the ostrich fans...

by Anonymousreply 205October 23, 2021 3:03 AM

"I"m not a Republican but we really need to get to the bottom of what happened in Benghazi."

So, American Nazi Party then?

by Anonymousreply 206October 23, 2021 3:03 AM

[quote][R138], You’re comparing a terror attack (you know a real one) that led to deaths to a glorified trespassing from some crazies at the capital. Two very different things.

Fucking moron. The only reason those "crazies" didn't kill more people is because security did their fucking job. You fucking cunt. More people died as a result of 1/6 than Benghazi. And why was benghazi a "terrorist attack" but 1/6 isn't?

Anger based on ideology, moron. Both sets of people were where they were based on ideological anger. The only difference is you defend the one by white people. Shithead fascist.

by Anonymousreply 207October 23, 2021 3:09 AM

[quote]As more than a few have noted, a half-Jewish Mexican-American woman is a rather unlikely convert to White Nationalism.

Shit-for-brains, there are several tokens who do the bidding of white nationalism. Several are Jews incl. Stephen Miller who does not in any way, shape or form hide his white supremacy leanings. There is in fact an alignment between Zionism and White Supremacy, Steve Bannon, Richard Spencer and others have praised the way Israel runs its country as an ethnostate. Breitbart -a white supremacist shit site that used to literally have a "black crimes" section- was practically started IN Israel. Do you pay attention at all to the actual players in this game of Fascism?

by Anonymousreply 208October 23, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote] She says the other repugs they have hired (Ana Navarro I think she means) aren't really republicans. They wanted her to be the token republican on the show but then the hosts couldn't handle that she was supposed to give the alternate opinion and made it really personal.

Meghan was a fat, nasty, spiteful cunt on "The View." Everyone wants to write their own narrative and revise fact but we bore witness to who she was for five years too many.

by Anonymousreply 209October 23, 2021 3:45 AM

[quote] Well this Vlad votes, and I can’t wait to vote in 2022.q

Good luck with that. We've got our Jewish space lasers trained on you.

by Anonymousreply 210October 23, 2021 3:49 AM

[quote] Also Sunny Hostin tore Condi Rice apart in the show. So, so much for that cat fight potential and "knowing how to WORK it".

Sunny could have lit Condi's @ss on fire but she was respectful and showed great restraint and deference. Sunny is the sharpest intellect at the table -- that's why Whoopi always walks and talks over her.

by Anonymousreply 211October 23, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote] [R186] Kamala and Obama aren’t black, they’re biracial and non-African American. Both Obama and Kamala have slaveowner ancestry, no slave ancestry.

I don't know what "slave ancestry" has to do with anything BUT...Kamala's father is Jamaican, do you think Africans sailed to that island on vacation 450 years ago and got stranded?

by Anonymousreply 212October 23, 2021 4:04 AM

R207, The same security that were caught on camera opening the doors and willingly let them in . Turn off the CNN or MSNBC or whatever bullshit you watch and look at the facts.

The average person doesn’t give a single fuck about January 6th. Facts.

by Anonymousreply 213October 23, 2021 4:09 AM

Condi may be a swamp creature like Cheney and Bush but she is right on critical race theory. That is the real beef the media has with her but they won’t draw attention to it because they know 99% of the America agrees with her.

by Anonymousreply 214October 23, 2021 4:11 AM

Condi is wrong to refer to teaching our true history (rather than our false, idealized American history) as "critical race theory." That term is misused to trigger the same kind of white rage as "Obamacare." She knows it is a political term rather than an academic one.

by Anonymousreply 215October 23, 2021 4:20 AM

R214 correct. They have to tread very carefully on the subject of CRT because their position is not popular and they have to act like it isn’t happening. She won’t be getting any further invitations to The View or any other corporate media brothels.

by Anonymousreply 216October 23, 2021 4:29 AM

[quote]or any other corporate media brothels.

There is always Fox.

by Anonymousreply 217October 23, 2021 4:32 AM

"show Joy and Whoopi both berating her. She talks about how she was suffering post partum at the time of Joy's outburst and that she vomited and had an anxiety attack during the commercial."

Please. Postpartum my ass. What then explains Meghan's behavior PREpartum?

And the bullshit about her father making her take the job? (The noise you just heard was my eyes rolling.) Meghan was desperate to be on tv and now is desperate to back on tv - as is her charmless husband.

by Anonymousreply 218October 23, 2021 4:39 AM

But in regard to Condoleezza Rice......bitch thinks that pronouncing over and over that January 6 was "wrong" is the most damning thing one could say. And the way she expressed concern for the "white kids" was almost an Onion article come to life.

by Anonymousreply 219October 23, 2021 4:45 AM

Whoopi and Joy acted like Condi is against teaching history because that’s all they have.

As if the school system hasn’t taught about slavery and WW2 CRT for years…

by Anonymousreply 220October 23, 2021 5:28 AM

*without teaching crt for years…

by Anonymousreply 221October 23, 2021 5:29 AM

The McCain thing is a toad. She is a nasty entitled little princess with the exact same nasty vicious personality of old Senator McCain, RIP. Talk about a self absorbed cow. Her whining is old. None of the other women at The View could stand her and she was kept on because she drew ratings -at least for awhile. She is a pig in shithead clothing. Daddy John was a mean spiteful SOB who once or twice was decent. And don't get me started on that plagierizing hippo Ben Domenich-I'm not here to play or listen to any stupid right wing Trumtards defend Moogan McCain or January 6th-get off of the Datalounge and go to Trumps new "social media". It won't last long. It's already been hacked at least twice.

by Anonymousreply 222October 23, 2021 5:31 AM

Every time I start to think the Democrats are the party of rational intellectual enlightenment, someone like r194 disappoints me.

by Anonymousreply 223October 23, 2021 5:35 AM

Sunny hostin is such a pathetic twitter obsessed loser. The cunt has been repeating the same talking points every single day on the view for 10 months straight.

But she can’t shut up for former Secretary of State who has a view point not regularly heard in mainstream media for a minute?

Sunny hostin=dumb bitch who will never be anything other than a forgotten propagandist on the view. That’s her legacy.

by Anonymousreply 224October 23, 2021 5:43 AM

R219, the non MSNBC watching Americans which make up for 99% of us don’t care about January 6th. We care about things like health care and immigration reform.

by Anonymousreply 225October 23, 2021 6:02 AM

Condo looks angry in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 226October 23, 2021 7:30 AM

(R1) and (r2) decider is a Murdoch owned right wing entertainment tabloid launched by the NY Post

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227October 23, 2021 7:42 AM

Bullshit troll at r225.....who gives a flying fuck if your alleged "99% don't care" about 1/6?

Crimes were committed and treasonous insurrectionists remain in the government and need to be dealt with properly. In regard to your "concerns" immigration reform is another right wing canard. We don't need it reformed, we need more immigrants brought in ASAP. We need real workers and people who want to be here. Those useless lazy entitled white trash are bringing the country down, in every way possible.

by Anonymousreply 228October 23, 2021 1:27 PM

I care about 1/6 because I hate Republicans so much for what they are DOING to our country.

Watching Gym Jordan Josh Hawley swing is a fantasy.

The Rosenbergs fried for less.

by Anonymousreply 229October 23, 2021 1:50 PM

R228, The MSM is rotting your brain. You sound.completely deranged.

Turn off the tv and go outside.

by Anonymousreply 230October 23, 2021 3:10 PM

I kind of agree with r228.

Traitors need to be routed out and indicted.

by Anonymousreply 231October 23, 2021 4:39 PM

Why does Condi always favor those awful Ayn Rand hairdos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 23, 2021 5:21 PM

Dose Condi have secret service protection? Dose she just get in her car and drive around by herself? Does she go to the grocery store and do her own shopping?

I'm really curious about this. How can someone as high profile as rice just be out there like that with zero protection? I mean, she Condoleezza rice for crying out loud.

I'm always curious about how people like her are able to integrate back into society after being a controversial political figure? Wouldn't she be considered a target? It's just hard to believe she wouldn't have any homeland security protection in her day to day life the way former presidents and first ladies do.

by Anonymousreply 233October 23, 2021 6:26 PM

Yes, R190, is spot on. Sorry but that's the reality of most of them. Luckily I avoided having to represent any of them. I just didn't want to be involved repping any of those people as I did for the Inauguration Day protests in 2017 and other disruptive protests in the past. But speaking with their lawyers and prosecutors, my colleagues, they were mostly just idiots not using a single brain cell going along for the ride. The ones using or threatening violence against others like officers or politicians, are a different story.

As someone who used to participate and even organize political protests in the distant and so not distant I can see how people can get out of hand and not even think about how they are going too far. Insurrection and sedition are very specific crimes and no prosecutor's office is going to waste the enormous money and resources to prove those cases unless it is very clear and likely to result in conviction. Even then it would be targeted to a handful and not every idiot who went into the building or refused to leave the grounds when ordered. They learned from the Inauguration Day arrests in 2017 that overreaching in charging participants in political actions is usually a losing game one way or the other.

by Anonymousreply 234October 23, 2021 7:05 PM

The clip of her talking about CRT became one of the most viewed and shared videos on social media last week

by Anonymousreply 235October 24, 2021 10:23 PM

CR is a ridiculous human being. I realized that a few years ago when she was on the late show with Stephen Colber.

by Anonymousreply 236October 24, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote] The average person doesn’t give a single fuck about January 6th. Facts.

The average person doesn't give a single fuck about Benghazi. Facts.

by Anonymousreply 237October 25, 2021 6:28 PM

She's an absolutely failed politician. Why do we think she's some great symbol of anything.

Name something she touched that turned out well.

by Anonymousreply 238October 25, 2021 6:29 PM

R238 Getting Colin Powell, Karl Rove, John Ashcroft, and Donald Rumsfeld to fight with each other so she could become Secretary of State.

by Anonymousreply 239October 25, 2021 6:32 PM

Whore.

by Anonymousreply 240October 25, 2021 6:35 PM

R239, I thought she did that by sucking off GWB

by Anonymousreply 241October 25, 2021 9:06 PM

R237, That wasn’t the case in 2012 when Condi made that statement.

She was on the money when it came to CRT. All Whoopi could do is accuse her of not wanting to teach kids about slavery 😂

by Anonymousreply 242October 25, 2021 9:34 PM

Someone upthread said they weren’t taught about the CIVIL WAR? When/where did you go to school.

by Anonymousreply 243October 25, 2021 10:45 PM

R238, some like Condi because she's one of the few intellectuals in today's increasingly anti-intellectual GOP. One of very, very few.

by Anonymousreply 244October 26, 2021 1:43 AM

R238 - It must be so terribly hard for you, being the Rhodes Scholar that you clearly are, to deal with all this barbaric anti-intellectualism coming from people with whom you disagree on everything.

by Anonymousreply 245October 26, 2021 1:56 AM

R245, no, only your BS

by Anonymousreply 246October 26, 2021 2:02 PM

Sunny on the view throwing shade at Condi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247October 28, 2021 3:10 AM

Dr. Condoleezza Rice, Phd? With a masters in political science, master pianist, accomplished diplomat, civil servant, professor, director of the Hoover Institute, provost at Standford, 66th US Secretary of State, and 20th national security advisor? That one?

Disparaged by the viewers and hosts of “The View”?

You don’t say

by Anonymousreply 248October 28, 2021 8:10 AM

Condoleezza is what you would call an educated fool. She has all this education, but still gets it wrong on so many things.

And she's not the only one. We have a lot if educated fools running around this country.

by Anonymousreply 249October 28, 2021 8:29 AM

R249, If you like The View, you are in no position to call anyone else a fool.

by Anonymousreply 250October 28, 2021 8:31 AM

Colin Powell promoted the Iraq with with false evidence. Condi is the one who supplied him with that false evidence.

by Anonymousreply 251October 28, 2021 9:50 AM

[quote] With a masters in political science, master pianist, accomplished diplomat, civil servant, professor, director of the Hoover Institute, provost at Standford, 66th US Secretary of State, and 20th national security advisor?

Is that supposed to prove something R248 ?

by Anonymousreply 252October 28, 2021 12:11 PM

It proves a great deal about her. Mostly that she's a lifelong sell-out to the power brokers of the GOP who found in Dr. Rice a much needed 2-for-1 EEO stat.

That's an ugly thing to write and post here. But every word is true.

by Anonymousreply 253October 28, 2021 12:19 PM

R253, The power brokers of the GOP and the power brokers of the DNC are the exact same people.

No party is better than the other. Biden played a role in he Iraqi invasion and he must pay.

by Anonymousreply 254October 28, 2021 12:21 PM

Drama always has to be drummed up for The View...even though not always true. I did notice that Condoleezza sort of cut off Sunny, not letting her speak. No screaming, though.

by Anonymousreply 255October 28, 2021 12:23 PM

[quote]The power brokers of the GOP and the power brokers of the DNC are the exact same people.

Jesse Helms laughs at you from his seat in Hell.

by Anonymousreply 256October 28, 2021 12:23 PM

Here comes the "BOTH SIDES!!!" troll

by Anonymousreply 257October 28, 2021 12:23 PM

Hillary Clinton is a war criminal as is Condoleeza Rice and Joe Biden. Clinton will pay for her crimes.

Only a moron would play the “my war criminal is better than your war criminal” they’re ALL bad.

by Anonymousreply 258October 28, 2021 12:30 PM

R251 They were both just tools of the power that be. Of course, that doesn't completely absolve them from their duplicity because they were quite willing to go along with it.

by Anonymousreply 259October 28, 2021 12:32 PM

Her ex-partner of many years died not too long ago, right?

by Anonymousreply 260October 28, 2021 12:34 PM

R257 There’s always two sides to fascism! 🙄

by Anonymousreply 261October 28, 2021 12:41 PM

Two sides? Sounds binary!

Harrumph!

by Anonymousreply 262October 28, 2021 12:42 PM

[quote] Dr. Condoleezza Rice, Phd? With a masters in political science, master pianist, accomplished diplomat, civil servant, professor, director of the Hoover Institute, provost at Standford, 66th US Secretary of State, and 20th national security advisor? That one?

You forgot lezzie, war criminal, failed politician.

by Anonymousreply 263October 28, 2021 12:55 PM

OP is a lesbian lady obsessed with Condi. She starts all the Condi threads.

OP, hon, you can easily meet this whore in Palo Alto if you genuinely want to spend the rest of your lives together. Shall I tell you where she has her hair done on California Street in PA? Would that help?

by Anonymousreply 264October 28, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote] Hillary Clinton is a war criminal as is Condoleeza Rice and Joe Biden. Clinton will pay for her crimes.

How exactly are Hillary and Joe war criminals? For voting for a war after being supplied false evidence by the administration?

Heck, even I thought we needed to go to war...and then the truth came out that the evidence was a lie.

by Anonymousreply 265October 28, 2021 12:56 PM

[quote] Her ex-partner of many years died not too long ago, right?

Rice's lips are ready for action.

by Anonymousreply 266October 28, 2021 12:57 PM

SOMEONE DOES THAT TO HER HAIR???

by Anonymousreply 267October 28, 2021 12:57 PM

It’s brave that the view hosts are finally admitting that CRT is being taught to young kids.

Under the guise of “history” as well.

by Anonymousreply 268October 28, 2021 1:04 PM

[quote] It’s brave that the view hosts are finally admitting that CRT is being taught to young kids.

They're just acknowledging that CRT = teaching about racism.

by Anonymousreply 269October 28, 2021 1:11 PM

[quote] It’s brave that the view hosts are finally admitting that CRT is being taught to young kids. Under the guise of “history” as well.

Please regale us about the legal theory of CRT is being taught to young kids.

The right just uses "CRT" because it's a scary phase, like "9/11 Mosque" and "death tax."

by Anonymousreply 270October 28, 2021 1:12 PM

Just the fact that Condi dared to say "We need to move on" about 1/6 shows she's nothing but a political hack, not matter her educational breeding.

She seems more like an affirmative action hire.

by Anonymousreply 271October 28, 2021 1:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!