Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did evolution leave nipples on human males?

I know that nipples come before sex in the womb, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. But evolution tackled other issues that were tougher. So why leave the nipples?

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2021 10:33 AM

Very good question and I've always wondered the same thing.

Except that playing with mine turns me on.

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2021 10:08 PM

As a personal weather measure.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2021 10:09 PM

I’m lucky in that mine are super sensitive.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2021 10:10 PM

I think you're getting evolution confused with intelligent design, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2021 10:13 PM

[quote] But evolution tackled other issues that were tougher. So why leave the nipples?

Toughened your nipples didn’t it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2021 10:19 PM

Because they’re sexually appealing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2021 10:21 PM

Nipples on males remind us that early in our biological development we all were similar organisms. It took me a long time to realize a woman’s clitoris could have developed into a penis.

(Not that i ever read about such things. I was otherwise engaged…)

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2021 10:27 PM

Who’s that at R6? Gorgeous pecs and nipples.

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2021 10:27 PM

[quote]Why did evolution leave nipples on human males?

In case, OP. Just in case.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2021 10:35 PM

Ah geez now some trans-woman is gonna tell me she's lactating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2021 10:40 PM

[quote] nipples on human males

Not just humans, OP; male dogs have them, too. Maybe all mammals do. Someone brave want to investigate that?

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2021 10:53 PM

R8, it's Guilherme Tavares.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2021 11:03 PM

Male cats do too. The bigger question is do cats and dogs have belly buttons?

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2021 11:04 PM

Thank you, R12.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2021 11:06 PM

And why did that idiot Oreopithecus have to stand upright? My back's killing me. Everybody's back is killing him. e

Even Dryopithecus knew it wasn't a good idea

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2021 12:15 AM

[quote] Even Dryopithecus knew it wasn't a good idea

Dryopithecus is bent like the insatiable bottom that he was. Slut.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2021 12:21 AM

Because it's a lot less threatening to play with a frat boy's nipples than his cock. He's already taken off his shirt at the party. Squeeze one as an affectionate gesture. Lead him to an unused part of the house and squeeze the other. Then play. If he's into it, it won't be hard to get his pants down to his ankles. If you're lucky, you end up horizontal.

I had a lot of success with this method. Frat boy cocks surge upward and you take care of their business.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2021 12:45 AM

^^ God's work

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2021 1:11 AM

You - and apparently several of the not ironic or sarcastic people in this thread - clearly have no idea how evolution works if you wonder about this.

One question that has been posed is whether humans have stopped evolving.

I'd argue that we are de-evolving because traits that would normally have been weeded out are now being allowed to flourish and are actually being nurtured.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2021 1:24 AM

Aesthetics.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2021 1:30 AM

👅👅

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2021 1:36 AM

I approve of all this research.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2021 1:49 AM

[quote] I know that nipples come before sex in the womb

huh?

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2021 1:51 AM

It's interesting - I have never heard of any woman who thinks nipples like r6 and r21 are hot - it's usually "ewwwww"

Frankly, the great John Pruitt from Colt owns this thread...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2021 1:53 AM

Males and females start out from the same little slug in the womb. It's not until 7 weeks in that the fetus decides which way it's going to go. Genetics has already factored in nipples so the baby will have them no matter what.

And male nipples certainly aren't useless. Mother nature made them very sensitive to manipulation in most cases. They give sexual pleasure so even male nipples have a purpose.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2021 1:59 AM

Can you milk me, Focker?

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2021 2:03 AM

[quote] And male nipples certainly aren't useless. Mother nature made them very sensitive to manipulation in most cases. They give sexual pleasure so even male nipples have a purpose.

That's not the reason that men still have nipples. Male nipples are sensitive because female's nipples need to be sensitive enough to feel the baby feeding properly. Male nipples exist because of the reasons described above concerning fetal development. But, when looking at why traits maintain in the face of evolution, you always have to take in a cost/benefit ratio. The benefit of females being able to feel the baby latch on to feed is why sensitive nipples exist. The reason they stay on males is because there is little to no biological cost to them being maintained on males and no evolutionary pressure for males to not have nipples.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2021 2:23 AM

All human fetuses begin as female. Males don't develop breasts that produce milk to feed their young. In utero, the clitoris becomes the penis and the labia seals shut to form the scrotum (that's the noticeable line that separates your balls on your nutsack). Male nipples are just left over.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2021 3:34 AM

"Evolution" didn't leave anything. Evolution is just another word for genetic accidents that reproduce. Had a male been born nippleless and it provided some sort of sexual advantage that females found attractive (whether sexually, or as higher favorability of survival), then the next generation of nippleless children would have been born, and so on. That's evolution.

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2021 3:41 AM

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2021 6:52 AM

A visually pleasing and stimulating body part. Like when male peacocks strut their feathers to attract a mate. Guys just put on a stripper show and work their nipples to attract guys or girls. We just don't recognize it as a mating dance anymore and call it just entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2021 7:03 AM

I don't really care why I'm just glad men have nips because they are HOT as FUCK

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2021 9:50 AM

Evolution is what we call the natural directional progress of known life--it's like 'gravity' in that it describes a natural, physical phenomenon, in this case, the phenomenon that via reproduction and sex-partner discrimination, a life will, over generations, select in our select out beneficial or harmful traits respectively. There's nothing harmful about male nipples, this evolution has had no reason to select it out of human DNA.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2021 10:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!