Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rapp fighting back in print: he's "More" than the Spacey thing

If you look Anthony Rapp up in Google, the site immediately suggests a search for Kevin Spacey. This has the cruel effect of making Rapp known more for some of the worst events in his life. He deserves to be known for more than blowing the whistle on Spacey for sexual assault. Let’s learn more about the Broadway legend.

To distill Rapp’s career down to this incident is just plain wrong, as it acts as if he’s just a figure in the orbit of his alleged abuser. Rapp is so much more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 30, 2021 3:50 AM

*someone* is feeling neglected

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2021 2:45 PM

she's aging terribly

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2021 2:46 PM

"just plain wrong"

*Fans herself while sipping mint julip*

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2021 2:47 PM

Was it RAPP rapp?

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2021 2:48 PM

"see I really am very special"

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2021 2:48 PM

Broadway legend? LEGEND? ok, yeah, sure, whatever

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2021 2:51 PM

Rapp never fought back - how do you think he got all those parts that made him a "legend"?

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2021 2:55 PM

Eh, his brother is a much more interesting person and daring artist. He has written some of the most disturbing things I’ve ever read.

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2021 2:58 PM

I wish him well, but I don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2021 3:01 PM

The only thing I remember him from is Adventures in Babysitting.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2021 3:07 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2021 3:09 PM

He’s a slut and a cunt.

By the way, he used to talk about this “assault” like it was a conquest for him. He’d get drunk at industry parties and brag about how he turned Kevin Spacey down, and laugh about it.

Lots of people in theater witnessed this behavior from him, and they all know his new “brave victim, speaking out” act is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2021 3:13 PM

Legend? Well, legend has it that even as a kid, Rapp was so annoying that Yul Brynner punched him during a performance of The King and I. There's that legend.

Are there others? Besides him prowling around Times Square at 2 in the morning when he was 14 years old?

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2021 3:17 PM

I interviewed him once a few years after Rent opened on B'way. He was fine and should be kept.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2021 3:25 PM

I can’t help but see Kevin Spacey lover and apologists the same way I see Trump lovers…and there’s a shit ton of them on this site for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2021 3:30 PM

Jeezus. You're really not very bright, R15.

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2021 3:32 PM

I don't think people questioning Rapp or anyone who dislikes him is defending Spacey.

They're BOTH damaged assholes.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2021 3:33 PM

Smug McSmugerson

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2021 3:41 PM

I know we aren’t supposed to blame the victim but when you wait on the bed for a man after all his guests leave don’t act shocked when something like that happens.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2021 3:47 PM

I don’t want to be known for the Spacey bum Rapp.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2021 3:51 PM

So everyone from the party leaves him there? No one says, maybe we shouldn't leave a kid alone because its late? wasn't he supposed to be sleeping on their coats or something? How'd they get their coats without waking him and telling him its time to go home and go to bed LOL Or did they really not like him either LOL

"sorry kid, its midnight but fukkit get home yourself" HOW annoying was he as a kid?

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2021 7:16 PM

R21 REALLY annoying

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2021 11:36 AM

"LOL Or did they really not like him either LOL"

R21 You write "special"

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2021 11:42 AM

RENT was actually his profession.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2021 11:43 AM

For someone who doesn't want this story to define him, he sure as hell won't let go of it. Rapp's insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2021 11:52 AM

R21 Watch the old Disney/ Touchstone flick "Adventures in Babysitting" and you'll get an idea of how annoying Rapp is. But at least you get to see George Newbern.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2021 11:53 AM

And John Ford Noonan!

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2021 12:10 PM

I hate Spacey, but I've known for years that Rapp has always wanted the spotlight on him.

by Anonymousreply 28October 28, 2021 2:47 AM

Rapp works a lot, but it looks like very minor projects (TV one-offs, short films). The most recent, significant credit on IMDB is from the movie version of RENT from 2005. Coincidentally, he just turned 50 this past Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 29October 28, 2021 11:55 AM

Spacey is hotter. Gavel down!

by Anonymousreply 30October 28, 2021 12:16 PM

Yup. He's 12 years older, but much hotter. And an infinitely better actor.

by Anonymousreply 31October 28, 2021 12:20 PM

....but WHERE were his PARENTS?! That's been my question since his allegations first came out.

by Anonymousreply 32October 29, 2021 3:49 AM

He's more than the Spacey thing. He's a bad actor too.

by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2021 3:55 AM

Suggest dot com? Who goes to these weird noname websites?

When I see some site I've never heard of in a post (and I am a well-traveled Internet connoisseur) I assume it's someone promoting the site.

by Anonymousreply 34October 29, 2021 3:59 AM

Someone needs to tell La Rapp that when your teeth are more yellow than your hair, it's not a good look. Someone needs to go fund him some bleach for his grill and his asshole, STAT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 29, 2021 4:47 AM

[quote]I can’t help but see Kevin Spacey lover and apologists the same way I see Trump lovers…and there’s a shit ton of them on this site for some reason.

Do you really think this about defending Kevin Spacey? Fuck no. You look up stunt queen in the dictionary and there will be a big ole picture of Anthony Rapp. His victim shtick is about clout chasing. Let me be the poster gay for #metoo. He's almost as bad as that guy who tried to bring down George Takei I hate fuck bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 36October 29, 2021 4:58 AM

Somehow I imagine Rapp being the child actor from hell, like Anna Kendrick played in Camp.

“Please!!! I’m a child!!!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 29, 2021 6:39 AM

[quote] Someone needs to tell La Rapp that when your teeth are more yellow than your hair, it's not a good look. Someone needs to go fund him some bleach for his grill and his asshole, STAT.

They threw him out of Hollywood so he comes crawling back to Broadway. Well, Broadway doesn't put up with smoker's smiles and dark buttholes.

by Anonymousreply 38October 30, 2021 3:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!