Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dude Looks Like a Lady! NOT!

Dr. Rachel Levine, the nation's most senior transgender official, made history again Tuesday by becoming the first openly transgender four-star officer across any of the country's eight uniformed services.

Levine, the assistant secretary of health, was sworn in Tuesday as an admiral, the highest-ranking official of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, whose 6,000 uniformed officers are entrusted with protecting the nation's public health. Levine's appointment also made her the organization's first female four-star officer.

"This is a momentous occasion, and I am honored to take this role for the impact I can make and for the historic nature of what it symbolizes," Levine said in a speech at her swearing-in ceremony. "I stand on the shoulders of those LGBTQ+ individuals who came before me, both those known and unknown. May this appointment today be the first of many more to come, as we create a diverse and more inclusive future."

Levine, a pediatrician who previously served as Pennsylvania's health secretary, has spearheaded numerous efforts to combat public health issues, including the opioid epidemic, maternal mortality and childhood immunization. A graduate of Harvard College and Tulane Medical School, she has also written on medical marijuana and pediatric medicine.

In heading the health corps, Levine will be in charge of deploying the country's public health workers to respond to crises ranging from the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed more than 725,000 Americans, to natural disasters such as flooding.

Levine said she was proud to follow in the footsteps of her father, who served in the Air Force during World War II, and other members of her family who are veterans.

"Just as they stepped up to defend our rights to freedom and liberty, I now follow in their storied tradition of service as I step up to defend the health of our nation," she said.

Out of the eight uniformed services in the United States, including the Army, Navy and Air Force, the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps distinctly focuses on medical issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 17, 2021 4:47 AM

Biden needs to go especially after the removal of the free community college and funding for the elderly. He needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2021 1:24 PM

R1, what are you yapping about? What does Miss Levine have to do with free college?

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2021 1:34 PM

"Rachel" looks like the last person who should lecture anyone on health - mental or physical!

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2021 1:37 PM

This is what Democrats care about.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2021 1:37 PM

[quote]"This is a momentous occasion, and I am honored to take this role for the impact I can make and for the historic nature of what it symbolizes,"

I swear I read that as ‘monstrous occasion’.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2021 1:39 PM

My local news posted about this on their Facebook page, the comments have been a doozy. Unfortunately to most Repugs this makes the Dems look like fools.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2021 1:41 PM

R1)You are going to have to clue me in on your post…link?

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2021 1:42 PM

Party on Garth!

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2021 1:44 PM

[quote]to most Repugs this makes the Dems look like fools

And why should Democrats care what MAGAts think? None of them is going to vote for a Democrat anyway. Let them have their heroes like Trump, Bannon, Madison Cawthorn, et al.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2021 1:45 PM

I feel mocked by the consensus to call him a woman. If someone cannot accept reality they have no place in a government. It's like climate change deniers.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2021 1:46 PM

Mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote]MAGAts

Just say “Republican f-ggots” (with the a) please. Stop hiding behind “magats”. It’s cowardly.

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2021 1:48 PM

Good for her.

The trans-haters are cunts of the wrong kind.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2021 1:48 PM

[quote]cunts

I can see a pro-trans person using a slur to disparage women.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2021 1:49 PM

r9 I realize you aren't going to convert them. But it does not make us Dems look good.

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2021 1:49 PM

sorry, cunts, she did a GREAT job this past year in PA. So fuck all of you haters

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2021 1:52 PM

At what age did she transition? I bet 90% of her career trajectory was set while still a man - in other words, she coasted into a job that a biological woman would have had to work twice as hard to get (and probably at lower pay). But such a victory for a woman!

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2021 1:53 PM

She looks like a professional woman of a certain age. This is not another dude in a dress and a wig.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2021 1:55 PM

No R18 she looks like a professional TRANS woman of a certain age.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2021 2:39 PM

I like her disciplined, Mrs Butterworth hair much better than that Debbie Harry shag she has gone with in the past.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2021 2:40 PM

Why can’t an ex-gay man be a senior official?

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2021 2:41 PM

[quote]...also made her the organization's first female four-star officer.

Um, no.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2021 2:46 PM

[quote]sorry, cunts, she did a GREAT job this past year in PA. So fuck all of you haters

Is she the one that moved her Mum out of a care facility during Covid, then mandated and sent a bunch of Covid patients to care centers?

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2021 2:50 PM

R18 This is a dude in a dress who needs a wig.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2021 4:01 PM

Levine looks much better since ditching the Barbra hair.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2021 4:05 PM

Looks just like my Uncle Alton when he does drag.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2021 4:13 PM

It’s “LA VINE” 💅🏻

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2021 4:15 PM

NBC has a twitter feed called NBC Out?

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2021 4:25 PM

[quote] At what age did she transition? I bet 90% of her career trajectory was set while still a man - in other words, she coasted into a job that a biological woman would have had to work twice as hard to get (and probably at lower pay). But such a victory for a woman!

This. I have no problem with trans people, but I do take issue with people who pretend this woman didn't experience male privilege to achieve her career prior to transitioning.

Still impressive though.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2021 4:36 PM

They transitioned in 2011.

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote]At what age did she transition? I bet 90% of her career trajectory was set while still a man - in other words, she coasted into a job that a biological woman would have had to work twice as hard to get (and probably at lower pay).

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2021 4:45 PM

"Her." Right. Rose to power on the advantages of a male identity and coasted further to this level on the wave of trans"gender" privilege.

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2021 4:46 PM

It’s basically like gay men who come out after they retire.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2021 4:48 PM

"Cunts of the wrong kind"? And what's the right kind? Surgically created recesses, or the kind females are born with, the name of which became a derogatory word because of misogyny?

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2021 4:49 PM

R30, unless you were just joking… Levine uses “she/her.” No “they”.

I think “they” is the domain of the non-binary idiots.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2021 4:52 PM

I use they.

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2021 4:54 PM

This is not a “she”.

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2021 4:55 PM

And whom might you be, R36?

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2021 4:55 PM

I use “they” for this individual. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2021 4:56 PM

Why? If you don’t want to “respect her pronouns” (and I have no problem with anyone who doesn’t want to respect any trans or non-binary person’s pronouns), why not just say “he/him”? What message are you trying to send by using “they”?

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2021 4:57 PM

Respect me too. Respect is a two way street. “They” is fine.

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2021 4:58 PM

[quote]What message are you trying to send by using “they”?

That I don’t play these stupid games.

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2021 4:59 PM

R42– So why not just use “he/him”? Ugh

When you use “they” it makes it sound like you’re not sure what Levine’s pronouns are, so you’re using “they” to be on the safe side, like a good-doer progressive, who DOES play those stupid games.

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2021 5:02 PM

Girls, Girls it doesn't matter. Don't fight. You/They/He/Her can all be nasty cunts.

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote]So why not just use “he/him”?

Because respect is a two way street. I respect that they don’t want to be a “he”. But they’re not a “she” either. They’re a “they”.

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2021 5:03 PM

They're an "it", r45.

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2021 5:06 PM

Or “Rachel”, I wouldn’t even use pronouns. I would just use “Rachel”.

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote]At what age did she transition?

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2021 5:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2021 5:09 PM

[quote]At what age did she transition? I bet 90% of her career trajectory was set while still a man - in other words, she coasted into a job that a biological woman would have had to work twice as hard to get (and probably at lower pay). But such a victory for a woman!

According to Wiki it was 10 years ago, when Levine was 50. It's fascinating that the Wiki page makes no reference to what their name was before transition when they were clearly a high achieving person in the medical profession.

I don't doubt that Levine is a qualified individual but referring to her as "female" is just batshit. When there are science deniers spreading misinformation about Covid and the effectiveness of vaccines there is no need to spread misinformation about Levine's biological sex.

by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2021 5:10 PM

Sorry, but the R49 pic is Richie-tries-on-a-wig, not "Rachel" by a longshot.

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2021 5:11 PM

R51 😂😂😂

R49 "Richie" looks like a dork but still way hotter than "Rachel."

by Anonymousreply 52October 20, 2021 5:15 PM

The Jack-o'-lantern smile is downright frightening, man, woman or otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 53October 20, 2021 6:21 PM

Just give her some big teased hair, a full face of makeup, a cocktail dress and some leopard print pumps and she'll be all dressed up and ready to fall in love!

by Anonymousreply 54October 20, 2021 6:41 PM

Anything involving intelligence, is not an issue for me. I want the best people regardless of what they are. It's when a trans person wants to compete in physical sports or expects a gyno to play along when they're MtF, that I have my issues.

by Anonymousreply 55October 20, 2021 6:48 PM

Can they do a good job in the role? That’s what matters. Don’t care what their front bottom looks like.

by Anonymousreply 56October 20, 2021 6:52 PM

She is not a woman but she looks more womanly with the new hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 57October 20, 2021 6:57 PM

Looks like Jenny from 90 Day Fiancé

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2021 12:24 AM

I know this is off topic, but why is the assistant health secretary of the US a navy position?

by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2021 12:38 AM

^^^It's Only Make Believe, r59.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote]My local news posted about this on their Facebook page, the comments have been a doozy. Unfortunately to most Repugs this makes the Dems look like fools.

r6, psst, Independents think this makes Dems look like utter fools too.

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2021 1:41 AM

This poor person is unattractive as both male and female.

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2021 1:43 AM

[quote] Levine said she was proud to follow in the footsteps of her father, who served in the Air Force during World War II, and other members of her family who are veterans.

Again Levine is displaying delusion. Levine has not entered military service like his father did. Levine is not following in the footsteps his father. Period.

Lies. That's all they know.

by Anonymousreply 63October 22, 2021 5:20 AM

[Quote]psst, Independents think this makes Dems look like utter fools too.

psst R61 Most IMPORTANTLY, Many Dems think this makes Dems look like utter fools too!

This is the Democratic Party's priority when democracy is on the line?

Forget about busting the filibuster so people can actually vote for you or so you can pass some legislation to help struggling families after 4 years of the GOP making the rich a whole lot richer at their expense.

Let's promote freaks to the highest levels of the government and ensure their ability to parade their sexual fetishes in everyone's face. That's sure to get us some votes right?

I'm not saying don't promote this person (I could give a shit), but l question why trans rights is the priority of the party over everything else - kinda the way "defund the police" became the priority last election cycle.

They're completely out of touch with what everyday Americans want.

Democrats are experts at shooting themselves in the foot!

by Anonymousreply 64October 22, 2021 10:15 AM

[quote] Democrats are experts at shooting themselves in the foot!

Why do Republicans do so well? They are far better at [bold]messaging[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2021 12:51 PM

Why was Levine named an admiral? I looked at her Wikipedia and she (or he back then) never served in the military. Some rightwing Congressman complained about the 'first woman 4 star admiral' not being a woman and got his tweet yanked for 'transphobia' but he's not wrong. There are plenty of lesbians in the military and this would have been a chance to honor the first GAY woman 4 star admiral.

by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2021 5:35 PM

The US government is not fond of gays, R66.

by Anonymousreply 67October 24, 2021 5:36 PM

r3 Hold my Stella 🍻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2021 5:51 PM

Seriously, Levine is so ugly and ridiculous looking, maybe she'll have an effect at dissuading some people from transitioning. Nobody can look at her and not cringe and laugh.

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2021 8:12 PM

I'm getting Carole King vibes from the pic

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2021 8:24 PM

Does anyone else see Scott Thompson's character from KITH Brain Candy in the OP's picture?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 17, 2021 2:02 AM

The only person in the history of the world who ever looked at Debbie Wasserman Schultz's hair and thought "That might be cute on me ... ".

by Anonymousreply 72November 17, 2021 2:08 AM

Homegurl looks good [relatively speaking] with the flaxen ironed Barbra do, yes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 17, 2021 4:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!