Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Addiction can happy to any of us," warns Duchess of Cambridge

Flawless beauty, adored style icon, and future queen Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge spoke today to a charity trust about addiction awareness.

Do you suppose she was thinking of anyone particularly close to her? Someone perhaps in either the Middleton or Mountbatten-Windsor families?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2021 1:02 AM

[quote]"Addiction can happy to any of us," warns Duchess of Cambridge

Oh, fucking dear.

[quote]"And I am grateful for those of you who have shared your experiences of addiction with me here today.

[quote][bold]"But it can happen to anyone of us, none of us are immune. [/bold]

She was probably thinking of DL fat whores with insuppressible food addiction!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2021 3:06 AM

Who the hell types these thread??!! Addiction can HAPPY to any of us, and then in another thread this same person referred to Kate in the caption as "Cate". All very confusing. These captions are atrocious......!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2021 3:20 AM

Come on, get happy.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2021 3:39 AM

Was she high, Clairee?

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2021 3:43 AM

Flawless beauty?

Diana? YES!

Kate? OH HELL NO!

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2021 8:26 AM

I'm happy with my addiction. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. Addiction: give in and be happy!

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2021 8:47 AM

R5 Yes, Diana was more charming and was unique, but Kate is much more mentally stable and suited for the role of queen.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2021 8:52 AM

Diana was NOT a flawless beauty. Neither is Kate, but this American sanctification of Diana is creepy.

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2021 9:24 AM

Does she still smoke?

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2021 9:28 AM

Hello, royalty speaking, no addictions here....brrrp...hic

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2021 9:32 AM

R8 I agree. Neither one of those hags is a raving beauty.

However Diana looks way better than Kate.

I just don't get the attraction to Kate. She's rather plain looking at best. She has zero curves. She's a bean pole straight up and down. She loves to go sleeveless but her arms don't even have any form or tone. Her face is gaunt and hard with dead looking eyes. Unless she's smiling, the bitch looks scary!

And do we know Kate is mentally stable or is it just that she's not married to a son of a bitch?

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2021 12:28 PM

I like to drink, but I sip on the same one all day. I can quit anytime I want!

by Anonymousreply 12October 20, 2021 12:34 PM

Maybe she means Pippa.

by Anonymousreply 13October 20, 2021 12:39 PM

Couldn’t be further from a flawless beauty OP. And she’s kind of frumpy, but that’s what the subjects like in their royalty, from what I gather.

by Anonymousreply 14October 20, 2021 12:44 PM

What are Duchess Kate's thoughts on bulimia and anorexia as a way to lose the baby weight?

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2021 12:55 PM

I think Kate has a very pretty face. A face that can pull 10s if she was out at a club. Her body is the only unfortunate part because she is a pole, but nothing she can do about that. Her hair is nice.

Bigger question, why the duck did they bother with the food at this little chat? We see it on the table and know damn well that Kate wasn’t going to eat (royals would never) and no one else would be seen eating in front of her so stupid little touch. Nothing against her but the organizers were doing too much.

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2021 1:12 PM

Why is she dressed like a Star Wars nun? Why the long sleeves and the high neck and the floor-length skirt? Maybe she's trying to hide track marks/bruises?

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2021 1:12 PM

R16 She definitely has an eating disorder (either anorexia or bulimia). She used to have a nice, normal and sexy body.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2021 1:15 PM

None of us IS immune, Kate.

What addictions did, or does, brother and celebrity depressive James have?

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2021 1:15 PM

James has an addiction to taking £££ and pissing it away on failed business ventures.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2021 1:17 PM

R17 that’s just the style for wealthy Millennial moms. But you made me chuckle. Show us the track marks, Kate. This is a safe space!

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2021 1:18 PM

The Middletons have an addiction to social climbing

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2021 1:57 PM

R22 I remember reading in the Telegraph many many years ago that the Middleton sisters (Kate and Pippa) were known as the 'Wisteria sisters' because of their social climbing. So good.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote]Flawless beauty, adored style icon, and future queen Catherine

She's talking about how we're all human and flawed and you put her on a pedestal like some infallible being? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2021 2:12 PM

Kate is graceful, elegant and exudes warmth and charm. She may not have the fun loving spirit of Diana, but Kate seems to be very stable and centered.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2021 2:13 PM

R25 Stable and boring yes. I wouldn't say charm and warmth though. Di had charisma in spades. Fergie is definitely warmer than Kate. Kate is very, very safe though.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2021 2:19 PM

Kate is safe for now. But she's rigid. Very rigid. It won't be long before she's tippling like Margaret did.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2021 2:26 PM

In my day addictions were called failures...

Blanche Bickerson) You and that bourbon it's always bourbon

John Bickerson) Don't preach to me, drinking is not one of my failures

Blanche) No it's one of your few successes.

John) Look Blanche I only drink because it relaxes me, the doctor said take one shot of bourbon and an aspirin before bed.

Blanche) But you don't do that, you're two years behind on the aspirin and five years ahead on the bourbon

========

Blanche) John why are you getting that bourbon in the mail

John) I belong to the 'bottle of the month' club

by Anonymousreply 28October 20, 2021 2:32 PM

Not likely r27 since she will be at the top of the pyramid while Margaret had to contend with being pushed further and further down the food chain. Not that her position was at all bad since she lived in the last generation where being a princess really mattered. Now it’s just a celebrity position.

But a Queen will always be a Queen. Kate still has “job” promotions in her future so she has shit to look forward too. She also gets to consolidate more power abs control over the firm, every year she remains with William.

Margaret peaked in her childhood, then got one demotion after another when her sister started popping out kids.

by Anonymousreply 29October 20, 2021 2:36 PM

R29 Yes, I think that Kate is too boring to even succumb to the tipples like Margaret did. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 30October 20, 2021 2:38 PM

[Quote]Stable and boring yes. I wouldn't say charm and warmth though. Di had charisma in spades... Kate is very, very safe though.

I've read that she is warm and charming in small settings. In public, under camera flashes not so much. She's pleasant and self-possessed. VF did a feature on her before the wedding and reported that she had shyness (or did they call it social anxiety?) and was bullied at her first secondary school. Her comportment makes sense. And it's perfectly fitting for a future Queen Consort. Any of the recent royal women, Margaret, Fergie, Sarah, Diana and Meghan were/are temperamentally ill-suited for that role. Sophie's the only other one who could fill it.

by Anonymousreply 31October 20, 2021 2:44 PM

Didn’t the Queen used to do Whip-Its?

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2021 2:48 PM

R31 Yeah, she's super safe. She won't step out of line. But she's still boring as fuck and definitely is neither warm nor charming, at least to the public. I watched a video of her with Emma Raducanu and cringed at how awkward Kate was.

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2021 2:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2021 2:52 PM

Off the top of my head, addictions in the RF: the Duke of Kent (not the current one), bisexual IV opiate addict, Margaret, Harry, Sarah. Andrew's looks, poor judgement, and foul temper suggest an alcohol problem. Any others? Of course, there's Uncle Gary on the Middleton side.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2021 2:55 PM

She looked beautiful in the red turtleneck/skirt combo she was rocking; William, however, looked slightly ridiculous in that green velvet jacket he wore to a recent event, but they both appear to be trying harder & it shows.

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2021 3:20 PM

[quote] But a Queen will always be a Queen.

No one knows that better than a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2021 3:27 PM

Kate is fabulous

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2021 3:44 PM

[quote]Beautyless flaw, abhorred tire iron, and future queen bitch,

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2021 3:48 PM

She is as exciting as watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2021 3:50 PM

I'm excited by her

...credit cards

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2021 3:50 PM

Have some coke and a smile.

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote] Who the hell types these thread??!!

LOL

Pot, thy name is kettle.

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2021 3:56 PM

I want happy to happen to me.

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2021 4:05 PM

R1, R2, and we wonder how we ended up with Trump as President. FOUR years of Trump as President, thanks to morons like the OP.

It's all over the place too. 75% of reviews on Amazon are nearly illegible. You almost never saw this even 5-6 years ago...

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2021 4:07 PM

R45 Bluntly a lot of Amazon reviews these days are fake and paid for - so a lot of Chinese English...

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2021 4:26 PM

Can I just say something?. .... You can never have enough hats, gloves or shoes.

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2021 4:29 PM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2021 4:50 PM

Let me get this right: My autocorrect substituted "happy" for "happen" in the headline, so according to r45, that makes me personally responsible for Trump's four years in the White House.

Even though I voted for Hillary.

Right.

by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2021 4:54 PM

Welcome to DL, R49... nobody said it wasn't sinking.

by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2021 6:33 PM

OP - please page Jackie On Assistance.

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2021 6:42 PM

R49, that 'autocorrect' excuse is SO 2015.

If it indeed made a mistake, why didn't you notice it -- especially in a HEADLINE -- and correct it before posting?

There's no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2021 3:35 AM

[quote] Addiction can HAPPY to any of us, and then in another thread this same person referred to Kate in the caption as "Cate"

The second poster was NOT me. Use Ignore-dar if you don't believe me.

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2021 12:43 AM

Harry. No question.

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2021 12:52 AM

Kate does that Dukan diet. One of the side effects is supposed to be really bad halitosis.

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2021 1:05 AM

She was addicted to Harry's dick.

by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2021 1:12 AM

Kate having bad breath seems like the kind of mean girl thing that the Harkles would leak via their tacky surrogates

by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2021 10:22 AM

That info was out there even before Harry and Meghan met. Royal watchers talked about it during preparations for William and Kate’s wedding.

by Anonymousreply 58October 25, 2021 10:30 AM

Diana was said to have had bad breath during the period she battled bulemia. Kate does appear to have an eating disorder herself, and she's also a smoker.

by Anonymousreply 59October 25, 2021 10:37 AM

She's a smoker? And they let her around little kids?

Sick.

by Anonymousreply 60October 25, 2021 3:05 PM

Next time read the thread lazy-ass R60. Her smoking addiction has been mentioned seven or eight times.

by Anonymousreply 61October 25, 2021 10:18 PM

Freudian slip on OP's part.

by Anonymousreply 62October 25, 2021 10:25 PM

Bad breath…lol. How do you think William told her that she had bad breath.

by Anonymousreply 63October 26, 2021 1:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!