Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jerry...Jerry.. Jerry Springer!

Does anyone know anyone who went on the show?

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 2:41 AM

A while ago someone posted this video on a thread and then contacted the skinny guy on twitter and he said everything was real, that they only asked him to go crazy on screen but everything in this video was what really happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2021 3:17 PM

I’ve been. I think it was around 2009. I lived in Chicago and emailed for tickets and went with a friend from out of town. You go to the building. , wait to go into the studio. Much smaller then you think it will be. You sit on cheap plastic fold out chairs. Jerry comes out. Pumps the audience up. Then “the show” begins. Shit is so fake. It’s at least rehearsed. It’s like watching a trashy people themed stage play. When they “fight” it seems choreographed. Like they are definitely holding back, security steps into hold them or whatever. The girl behind me was so pissed at how fake it was. The best part is the audience questions. That part is real, but the people/actor on stage is just a chance to roast them and roast you back. Everyone in the room knows it’s fake. I remember they said don’t ask the lesbian story line people a question because they are going to be cut into a different show. Whole thing takes about an hour or 2. Then you leave they have that photo booth reaction thing outside the studio. They said if you wanted to come back for a second taping feel free to. 🙄. It was interesting to see how fake it was. I did not return. All these things are smoke and mirror. If you think it’s fake it’s fake. Another example is those undercover boss, restaurant turn around shows. I was going to do one as a fake waiter. They test you to see how well you can improvise. Give you a character and film scenarios. Every thing is FAKE. Jerry Springer. FAKE.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2021 4:31 PM

Fake according to past students. Some local couple and the guy's ex-fling went on supposedly. Whatever happened was years before and they all were friends at this point. Free trip, get on tv, and a handful of cash.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2021 4:40 PM

I was a guest twice

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2021 4:41 PM

Did you snatch anyone's wig, R4?

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2021 4:43 PM

No, it was R4 who had her wig snatched, some cheap Dynel thing.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2021 4:53 PM

How did they get away with the shows with kid?. The Christmas ones are so depressing and ghetto, (thanks packard bell and Montgomery Ward!) but some are just disturbing...14 year old prostitute (My Pimp is Taking Over My Family" recently aired and yes, I watched). CPS could fill a orphanage with these kids & teens.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2021 1:56 AM

Not directly—but we ‘dressed’ the hellcats for the show.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2021 2:15 AM

Jerry Springer should be shot in the face for his part in the decline of American public discourse.

Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2021 2:20 AM

I knew someone who was a producer. He told stories of how the white trash guests would refuse to go on air without a Gucci bag or some other status bulllshit. Interns would be dispatched to purchase this stuff for them. Don't know whether they got to keep it.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2021 2:22 AM

My sister used to know a guy who went on Maury. It was a paternity test show and he wanted a free trip. He knew the kid wasn’t his and was instructed to act extra.

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2021 2:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!