Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix: the DEMANDS have been issued

"Hire trans and non-binary content executives, especially BIPOC, in leading positions"

"Increase investment in trans and non-binary content on Netflix"

"Create a new fund to specifically develop trans and non-binary talent"

And more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386October 30, 2021 3:49 PM

Or what, they'll kill themselves?

by Anonymousreply 1October 19, 2021 1:04 AM

Hopefully, r1.

by Anonymousreply 2October 19, 2021 1:05 AM

I think I will find another streaming app.

by Anonymousreply 3October 19, 2021 1:11 AM

Who in the hell do they think they are?

I hope Netflix laughs in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 4October 19, 2021 1:22 AM

What would it hurt to give in a little? They’ve got the $

by Anonymousreply 5October 19, 2021 1:25 AM

Is it just me or is this whole thing not actually getting much traction? The Chappelle special is popular and the employee was fired for leaking content.

by Anonymousreply 6October 19, 2021 1:25 AM

This is not going to work.

by Anonymousreply 7October 19, 2021 1:25 AM

They/them/whatever really are trying to hold America hostage.

Hey, Condé Nast — I’m a platypus. You don’t have enough platypus managing editors. You have to create a role for me!

My demands have been stated!

by Anonymousreply 8October 19, 2021 1:28 AM

I prefer more anime.

by Anonymousreply 9October 19, 2021 1:32 AM

If I were an executive at Netflix, I would schedule a meeting with them, and then have them sit in the waiting room while I went out to lunch.

by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2021 1:35 AM

Can someone explain to me why trans people are getting the red carpet rolled out for them for everything within the last 10 years, yet gays who were fighting for rights for decades are STILL afterthoughts? It’s just disgusting how these trans freaks latched onto the LGB’s and overtook OUR movement.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2021 1:36 AM

Yes let's just turn it into Transflix. I'm sure general audiences will love that!

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2021 1:42 AM

Every single new show is now a finger-wagging exercise. You are expected to sit there and watch every box being ticked.

I'm getting tired of feeling like I'm being preached to. At first it was covert, but now? Decidedly not.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2021 1:48 AM

Thing is Netflix has featured trans stuff--Laverne Cox in Orange is the New Black and Sense8 by the Wachowskis. The trans stuff has limited appeal. Netflix is in the business of making money. Trans stuff doesn't really do it.

I mean it seems like the idea would be to keep a popular Black comedian freedom to say what he wants in his own special. Like that doesn't have major issues.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2021 1:49 AM

they are telling you now so they won't have to tell you then.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2021 1:52 AM

These nutballs are always making kooky demands. Netflix is stupid-woke as it is. These mentally ill, social media casualties should be totally ignored.

by Anonymousreply 16October 19, 2021 1:55 AM

What a bunch of overprivileged little twats. I hope they like the trans resource groups offered at McDonald's.

by Anonymousreply 17October 19, 2021 1:55 AM

Old fat farts are butthurt since they can't make any demands. hahahaha

Have Meghan and Harry, the woke warriors, chimed in yet?

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2021 1:58 AM

Alrighty then...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2021 1:58 AM

I assume that Netflix will offer some sort of gobbledygook to quiet it down.

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2021 2:14 AM

Okay it's time to unsubscribe from Netflix. I don't pay to be subjected to anyone's ideology but to escape from reality for 1 ou 2 hours. My money will not go to those mentally ill people who want to erase women and gays.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2021 2:20 AM

Uh… don’t unsubscribe just yet R21. No one said Netflix is actually capitulating to these loons’ demands.

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2021 2:22 AM

Before you unsubscribe R21, I think you should let Netflix know exactly why you're doing it.

I agree with you completely.

It's either us or them, and if you side with them, then say goodbye to US.

I'm so sick of it already.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2021 2:22 AM

I barely even watch Netflix it sucks in Canada

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2021 2:24 AM

R23 You are totally right, I will tell them exactly what I think in case they dare to submit to such demands and to what is a heinous blackmail. I can't stand those Trans people who don't even represent 1% of the population but who allow themselves to be noisier than people who are really suffering and who have enough humility not to take everyone hostage.

R22 Ok, i'll wait and see

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2021 2:29 AM

R11 it is odd. Trans people already have more rights than women too. It’s so bizarre. I think it’s because they’re such an aggressive rage filled group.

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2021 2:34 AM

Like someone already said, all of the tranny content is awful and not bankable. Trans shit ruins everything. The only show I see it not affecting its ratings is Euphoria and it's because that character isn't treated as a deity. Still annoying as fuck though.

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2021 2:37 AM

This isn't even about (traditionally) trans people anymore. Most actual trans people with actual gender dysphoria who identify as being either (trans) men or women and actually want and try to be seen as one or the other and embrace the more common gender roles of their gender don't give a shit about any of this either, from what I've seen. This has become more about "queer identified" rainbow gendered pronoun obsessed non binaries/queers who want you to believe 2+2 equals 5.

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2021 2:38 AM

I’m all for trans people existing and being able to do what they want without discrimination but why do we all have to constantly cater to them?

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2021 2:38 AM

[quote] The trans stuff has limited appeal.

So do Blanche and Rose.

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2021 2:41 AM

Can picking up newly canceled Y: The Last Man be one of the demands please?

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2021 2:50 AM

"Daddy, I do SO demand an Oompa-Loompa now!"

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2021 2:54 AM

They can suck my shenis

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2021 3:01 AM

They can start by firing Jaclyn Moore and replacing her with a BIPOC trans to run Dear White People.

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2021 3:04 AM

I might care if I thought that special was transphobic, but it wasn't. All they've done is get more eyeballs on the special and Dave's fans, who are overwhelmingly white, to unite behind him.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2021 3:06 AM

This is just the beginning of a pressure campaign, community organizing 101. Next, they'll be an influx of other community organizations throwing their support behind these demands. There will likely be various colleges, unions, etc, jumping on board as well. There will be various useful idiots getting onboard that crazy train, too.

Everyone has to be given the message that they must bend to demands of the far left.

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2021 3:11 AM

How many trans non-binary people are there anyway?

I've never even met one.

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2021 3:17 AM

R37 Sheltered aren’t you.

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2021 3:32 AM

Not really r38. There just seem to be less around than the publicity would indicate.

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2021 3:35 AM

"they are telling you now so they won't have to tell you then."

Whatever you do, DON'T eat the "nutloaf"!

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2021 3:37 AM

Why the fuck do the .04% of people in the country identifying as "trans" demand jobs in entertainment? Who the hell do they think they are?

NO ONE deserves a job is show biz and why anyone would think these greatly troubled, often confused and highly damaged souls would have a fucking clue what people want to see on tv and in movie theaters is astounding! Trans people are not under-represented in entertainment, as there is almost zero desire to wallow in their victimhood with them!

We have tons of equality laws on the books. Stop demanding special treatment and earn your way up the ladder if you're so freaking gifted in this field like everybody else! Most people tune in to see aspirational, good looking men and women, not "non-binary" people with piercings, blue hair and very sour attitudes! Trust me, Hollywood is going to lose their fucking shirts trying to foist off this queasy wokertainment on a wildly disinterested public.

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2021 3:41 AM

Do trans have two Netflix accounts? Double the pleasure, double the fun…

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2021 3:42 AM

Yes, because so many people want to watch crap about trannies with fake pussies.

I'm sure many people will be like, "I'm skipping Stranger Things so I can watch that new non-binary show!!"

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2021 3:42 AM

This is all just too funny....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2021 3:42 AM

Just another indication in our race to the bottom in many venues where competence now comes second to diversity.

by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2021 3:43 AM

They forgot "Free Mumia". Amateurs.

by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2021 3:44 AM

Are you threatening me with legal action, Mr. Fabian?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 19, 2021 3:48 AM

Will the serial killer show "You" be changed to "They"?

Will "Manifest" change to "Non-Binary-ifest"?

by Anonymousreply 48October 19, 2021 3:50 AM

Well said, R41!

by Anonymousreply 49October 19, 2021 4:02 AM

Here are some great Netflix alternatives:

Tubi Pluto Hoopla Kanopy ShoutFactory --all gratis

by Anonymousreply 50October 19, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote]Netflix trans employees [bold]and allies[/bold]

and this is where they are dragging gay men and women into this mess.

by Anonymousreply 51October 19, 2021 4:27 AM

Look at how completely disruptive Janet Mock was to the production and marketing of POSE.

Is that the kind of workplace environment you want in your company? Plus, she was sleeping with someone who was basically lower than her on the call sheet! This would not be tolerated in many decent places of employment! I really don't know who "Our Lady J" even is, but something about that moniker tells me "works well with others" is not one of her skills!

by Anonymousreply 52October 19, 2021 5:09 AM

R36 I think the problem with that, though, is that this is response to a Black comic talking about trans people punching down at Black people. You can agree or disagree with him, but raging at Netflix and making demands because of the Chapelle special is a little dicey. That's why they're muttering about the BIPOC trans person getting fired for cause.

And Black people are a bigger audience than trans+allies.

by Anonymousreply 53October 19, 2021 5:15 AM

Trans people are so annoying.

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2021 5:16 AM

Anyone who uses the term BIPOC expecting my reverence won't get it.

by Anonymousreply 55October 19, 2021 5:19 AM

Non-binaries are so annoying too.

by Anonymousreply 56October 19, 2021 5:21 AM

Trans-identified people, *especially* the nonbinaries, are overwhelmingly narcissists, so it makes sense that very few of them think they have to earn their keep the rest of us do. That's where these demands come from, and submitting means they will never be forced to come to terms with real life.

Not only should Netflix not give in to these demands, management should fire every employee who's signed off on them.

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2021 5:26 AM

Now I'm going to have to watch the Dave Chappelle special, and I don't even really like him that much.

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2021 5:27 AM

What's bipoc? I seriously don't know.

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2021 5:29 AM

R59 Black, Indigenous, Person of Color

It’s dumb lol. Some people on Twitter thought it meant Bisexual Person of Color.

by Anonymousreply 60October 19, 2021 5:30 AM

Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 61October 19, 2021 6:10 AM

[quote] Can someone explain to me why trans people are getting the red carpet rolled out for them for everything within the last 10 years, yet gays who were fighting for rights for decades are STILL afterthoughts?

Because nothing earns a social justice merit badge like showing never ending concern and acceptance for people really OUT THERE on the fringe.

This is why they have beatified former cocktease and consistent crazy white trash Britney Spears as well. So bold, so daring of them!

by Anonymousreply 62October 19, 2021 6:15 AM

R23

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 19, 2021 7:49 AM

R63 so Colton will be part of the walk out?

by Anonymousreply 64October 19, 2021 8:47 AM

Just give them each a bag of candy and a(n expired) coupon for Ponderosa or cab fare and a ham at Easter as part of their severance packages.

by Anonymousreply 65October 19, 2021 9:05 AM

Any statements yet from the Toronto Trans Collective?

by Anonymousreply 66October 19, 2021 9:16 AM

I really don't think anyone thought Netflix would take any sort of a stand; people are so used to major corporations "taking action" in response to the slightest complaint. The uber-woke New York Times seems especially shocked.

by Anonymousreply 67October 19, 2021 9:16 AM

Will no one think of the brave trans children of color and indigenous?

by Anonymousreply 68October 19, 2021 9:35 AM

Why are you people paying for Netflix when PirateBay is free?

by Anonymousreply 69October 19, 2021 9:39 AM

They make less than 0.1% of the population. Native Americans make a lot more than that and you never hear them complaining about the representation in movies and tv shows. And that's just one of hundreds of minorities.

by Anonymousreply 70October 19, 2021 9:41 AM

R70: Helen Keller

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2021 5:39 PM

Please Netflix, just say "Don't let the door hit you in the ass" and be done with them.

by Anonymousreply 72October 19, 2021 5:48 PM

Twitter has allowed for the Democraticization of society like never before.

More voices are being heard. Those without power can now have equal footing with the elite.

And this is what they’re doing.

Not advocating for access to healthcare.

Canceling Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2021 5:48 PM

These people are ableist scum. Threatening a walkout is exclusionary to the differently abled. They need to check their privilege.

I mean really, how very dare they.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2021 5:52 PM

If someone posts something about their workplace on Twitter, does that make them an official whistleblower?

by Anonymousreply 75October 19, 2021 6:07 PM

LITERAL VIOLENCE!

by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2021 6:09 PM

R71 Helen Keller? Your comment makes zero sense.

by Anonymousreply 77October 19, 2021 7:04 PM

Do these loons really think that people just have to go to those big companies, yell "I AM CIS !!!" and get hired on the spot ?

It's like that too stupid to function BLM leader who thought white people could get houses here and there thanks to their white privilege, so they had to give them for free to black people.

by Anonymousreply 78October 19, 2021 8:40 PM

r53 don't forget she was PREGNANT too!

All of which means leaking privileged information to the press should be forgiven and forgotten by Netflix.

Park in the executive parking spot? Embezzlement? Sexually harassing a coworker? Come to work naked? EXCUSE ME, I am a pregnant BiPOC trans woman! Thou cannot toucheth me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2021 8:52 PM

r57 there's a reason it's a Millennial-focused movement.

by Anonymousreply 80October 19, 2021 8:53 PM

r65 that's offensive and antisemitic, what about the Jewish BIPOC pregnant trans folx?! They might prefer bacon instead of ham.

by Anonymousreply 81October 19, 2021 8:55 PM

r69 because some of us like higher quality videos, quick access, and can easily afford non-illegal methods of getting content?

by Anonymousreply 82October 19, 2021 8:56 PM

It's interesting that all of this is being "leaked" to The Verge as the primary outlet. Someone there is friends with one of the trans people involved. All of the articles have had clickbait headlines designed to be as inflammatory as possible and purposely leaving out key information to make it seem as if Netflix had fired the person for organizing, and all of them have been heavily slanted towards the trans employees. Of course all of these articles have commenting disabled.

[quote]Last week, Netflix fired a leader of the trans ERG who was helping to organize the walkout. The company said this worker had leaked confidential information. Internally, that reasoning has been disputed.

There's some blowhard on Twitter who claims to work/have worked at Netflix and, with no proof, "disputes" that they had reason to fire the employee. This is clearly someone who has no clue how corporate America works. Netflix would not have announced what they did about the firing if they didn't have actual, legitimate proof that the person had leaked the information.

The Twitter person has said they're friends with the leaker, and that the leaker actually spoke out about leaking information from Netflix (nice cover attempt). And that they just don't think this person would leak. That's the "disputed" part. No facts, all imagination and feelings. Whereas Netflix will for damn sure have concrete proof that they can provide when the employee is inevitably pushed to sue.

by Anonymousreply 83October 19, 2021 9:01 PM

This part should offend nonbinaries, because they claim to be part of the "trans umbrella":

[quote]The Trans* Employee Resource Group, which includes trans and non-binary colleagues as well as our numerous allies

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2021 9:02 PM

The world has gone bananas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2021 9:53 PM

Good grief. Why is the whole world expected to bend over backwards to affirm the delusions of a tiny minority? Be trans, I don't give a shit. But shouldn't you then just be treated like any regular Joe or Jane and not like some extra-special "other"? If you think you're a woman, then you should relate to female characters, and vice versa for men. As for nonbinaries, fuck 'em. They are impossible to please. Professional victims, the lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2021 10:26 PM

[quote]Can someone explain to me why trans people are getting the red carpet rolled out for them for everything within the last 10 years, yet gays who were fighting for rights for decades are STILL afterthoughts?

Chappelle answered that question in 2017. From Equanimity:

[quote]My problem has always been with the dialogue about transgender people. I just feel like these things should not be discussed in front of the blacks. It’s fucking insulting, all this talk about how these people feel inside. Since when has America given a fuck how any of us feel inside? And [bold]I cannot shake this awful suspicion that the only reason everybody is talking about transgenders is because white men want to do it.[/bold] That’s right. I just said that. If it was just women that felt that way or black dudes and Mexican dudes being like, “Hey, ya’ll, we feel like girls inside.” They’d be like, “Shut up, n199er. No one asked you how you felt. Come on, everybody, we have strawberries to pick.” It reeks of white privilege. You never asked yourself why it was easier for Bruce Jenner to change his gender than it was for Cassius Clay to change his fucking name?

More specifically, it's because [italic]straight[/italic] white guys want to do it.

by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2021 10:27 PM

r87 they love to hide behind the trans women of color, too, so they get the benefit of that magic intersectionality.

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2021 10:32 PM

We ALL hide behind brave trans women of color. Thank you Marsha P. Johnson! Where would we be without you?

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2021 10:35 PM

When LGB Alliance recently quoted that famous "First they came for the xxx" poem, the trans and trans activists went NUTS over it. In the thread many, many of them kept shrieking "WHAT ABOUT THE Institut für Sexualwissenschaft!?" and then tried to claim THEY were actually the first people targeted by the Nazis and killed, and therefore were affected by the Holocaust first and more than anyone else. They seriously want to "center" themselves in every historical event.

So while they were accusing LGB Alliance of antisemitism and trans erasure, they were also further promoting this victim narrative that they're the most oppressed in all of humankind. They're even jealous of the Jews!

Note that the "Institut für Sexualwissenschaft" ran medical experiments where they tried to turn gay men straight, too. And this was pre-Nazisim.

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2021 10:40 PM

I’m telling you NOW so I don’t have to tell you THEN.

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2021 10:40 PM

Society is going to hell in a non-gender specific handbasket.

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2021 10:46 PM

How about if they create own company and call it Transflix?

by Anonymousreply 93October 19, 2021 10:47 PM

That's not how they roll, R93. They don't want to create, they want to take what already exists and make it theirs. Actually creating something uses too many spoons.

by Anonymousreply 94October 19, 2021 10:50 PM

God, can you imagine. All trans (and nonbinary, who are part of trans) actors, constant complaints about misgenderings and literal violence from the teamsters working the lights and cameras, plotlines that copy storylines from more popular films but where the main character happens to be trans and always!! gets the handsome guy, male fantasy fulfillment films where they're shooting machine guns at TERF stereotypes, etc. and NONE OF IT WHATSOEVER will have any humor. It will all be DEADLY serious, no matter how ridiculous the plot or subject matter.

by Anonymousreply 95October 19, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]Why are you people paying for Netflix when PirateBay is free?

ISPs routinely throttle, and sometimes terminate, connections and accounts over which illegal activity like bit torrenting is being conducted.

by Anonymousreply 96October 19, 2021 10:57 PM

I can't imagine why people think men who chop their dicks off and buy boobs – or women who chop their boobs off and do whatever downstairs on testosterone– are mentally unstable. I mean, I really can't imagine why.

by Anonymousreply 97October 19, 2021 10:58 PM

Netflix will collapse.

by Anonymousreply 98October 19, 2021 10:58 PM

They’re not boobs—it’s gynomastia.

by Anonymousreply 99October 19, 2021 11:00 PM

Netflix should commission a new show called Chop Shop where we get to see every single graphic operation of every single trans person. That will scare the kids away, and their parents too.

by Anonymousreply 100October 19, 2021 11:04 PM

Someone needs to explain to these "activists" that being oppressed and experiencing oppression (real OR IMAGINED) does NOT confer talent or skill on a person sufficient to waltz into any ole' job their deluded little hearts desire.

This inanity has to stop. Nobody should be denied their constitutional or human rights because of their sexual identity or expression of that identity, but I have a news flash for you: donning a skirt and calling yourself BIPOC of the century does not in any way qualify you for any job in programming or entertainment.

It may qualify you AS entertainment, and to that extent you are more than welcome to rent out LaMama and let it all hang out. Otherwise, shove your ridiculous, attention getting demands up whatever orifice you have, real or imagined and let the people with the actual skill and talent to do the job, steer the ship.

by Anonymousreply 101October 19, 2021 11:06 PM

It’s horrific, R100. It’s Nazi. Subhuman and immoral.

by Anonymousreply 102October 19, 2021 11:06 PM

If I were stuck with meeting these bozos, I'd confine the discussion to "But will it sell?", "Prove there's an audience for this:", "Show me the demographics", etc. And finish with a reminder that Netflix is a for-profit business and it's my job and theirs to come up with profitable content.

by Anonymousreply 103October 19, 2021 11:09 PM

R100, you can see part of one during the South Park episode, Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina.

by Anonymousreply 104October 19, 2021 11:10 PM

You're such awful, hate-filled, repellent women.

I'm not even trans and you make me sick. Go kill yourselves, would you please? You're of no use to anyone decent here on this planet. Really, just go die alone in your tiny apartments. No one will miss you.

by Anonymousreply 105October 19, 2021 11:25 PM

Someone has to say NO. I hope it's Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 106October 19, 2021 11:35 PM

R87 actual straight white guys have no interest in that shit. Or are we going to blame them for everything? They are the source both of homophobia and anti trans sentiment and the reason for transctivists all in one? Makes no sense whatsoever, Most of the people I see campaigning for this shit are what would be considered cis women, and btw, many of them are black or hispanic. I will agree that most are college educated and privileged .

by Anonymousreply 107October 19, 2021 11:43 PM

[quote]You're such awful, hate-filled, repellent women

I'm not even trans and you make me sick. Go kill yourselves, would you please? You're of no use to anyone decent here on this planet. Really, just go die alone in your tiny apartments. No one will miss you.

r105, just who in the hell is your hate filled comment directed to? And what the fuck does the size of anyone's apartment have to do with the right have reasonable outrage over inexperienced, skilless people being elevated to positions they are not capable of executing because of how they identify.themselves. And who the fuck are you to assert who has a right to be on this planet?

Awaiting your coherent reply.

by Anonymousreply 108October 19, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote]actual straight white guys have no interest in that shit.

Chappelle mentioned Bruce Jenner, here's another straight white guy making headlines today:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 19, 2021 11:50 PM

Oh well, a few examples prove me wrong I guess. Is the army of tweens chopping of their tits straight men too?

by Anonymousreply 110October 19, 2021 11:54 PM

These marxist, petulant, bratty manifestos have all the validity and rationality of a CHILD throwing a fucking temper tantrum in the toy aisle.

Fuck all of these attention grabbing, entitled little shitheads. I hope Netflix doubles down and ignores, ignores, ignores. You can thank Twitter for the rise of this fucking nonsense. It's allowed a whole generation to find other emotionally stunted narcissists and build momentum behind BAD (read: lightweight, irrational, half-baked) ideas. The scariest part is that legislation is actually crafted around these stupid fucking manifestos and irrational world views.

I'd be taking a hack saw to the T of LGBTQ if this shit doesn't start swinging back. NO ONE is owed ANYTHING in this life. Not the least of which a top entertainment job. Give me a fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 111October 19, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote]You're such awful, hate-filled, repellent women. I'm not even trans and you make me sick. Go kill yourselves, would you please?

How interesting that you use the term "women" to address the people posting in this thread, knowing full well that many if not most are gay men. Did you mean to insult, by calling someone a woman? How utterly hate-filled and misogynistic of you.

by Anonymousreply 112October 20, 2021 12:13 AM

Awful, hideous TERFs living in tacky little flats.

by Anonymousreply 113October 20, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote] Did you mean to insult, by calling someone a woman? How utterly hate-filled and misogynistic of you.

Never mind the misogyny, this triggered snowflake went for the jugular, calling into question the size of our apartments!

This is the standard reflexive response of the transified defender: Anyone who questions them or states the fucking obvious, is screeched at about how they should just die.

Stunning and brave indeed.

by Anonymousreply 114October 20, 2021 12:17 AM

Your grease fire awaits, ladies.

by Anonymousreply 115October 20, 2021 12:25 AM

Any attention-starved loon can call themselves "non-binary". Many gay actors are now calling themselves "non-binary" to make themselves more marketable in Wokistan.

by Anonymousreply 116October 20, 2021 12:43 AM

Maybe I will finally subscribe to netflix and watch Dave Chappelle

by Anonymousreply 117October 20, 2021 12:45 AM

r100 that's a great idea actually.

by Anonymousreply 118October 20, 2021 1:06 AM

r105 really seems to hate women!

by Anonymousreply 119October 20, 2021 1:06 AM

r105 --

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 20, 2021 1:08 AM

I DEMAND a Netflix reality show called "Big Non-Binary Sibling," where a cast of people from across the "gender spectrum" move into a house under 24/7 surveillance.

You know there would be a microaggression in the first fifteen minutes, and it would go on from there.

I nominate "It's Ma'am," Alok, and the Sonic Drive-In T for three of the contestants.

by Anonymousreply 121October 20, 2021 1:11 AM

r121 oh god, the stench of him trying to "educate" everyone, his ego-inflated posts about every interaction on the show and how he learned from it, the drama of the housemates yelling at him for clogging the shower drain with hair - nightmare fuel!

by Anonymousreply 122October 20, 2021 1:14 AM

R105 Triggered tranny 🚨

by Anonymousreply 123October 20, 2021 1:17 AM

I fucking hate TERFs and I also hate the Rainbow gender brigade equally. The first group hates men and denies the existence of actual gender dysphoric trans people, the second wants to call people like me a person with a vagina and force me to say men can menstruate too. They can both rot.

by Anonymousreply 124October 20, 2021 1:22 AM

R124 is very misinformed and also rather stupid.

by Anonymousreply 125October 20, 2021 1:25 AM

When have TERFs ever denied the existence of trans people?

by Anonymousreply 126October 20, 2021 1:25 AM

r124 I think you're thinking of radical feminists, and "gender dysphoric trans people" are just people, with gender dysphoria. They are not the opposite sex. They can present as another gender, even go on hormones or get surgery, but they're still just a man or a woman with one of usually multiple mental issues.

There's no such thing as a "trans person", it's just a label for people suffering from gender dysphoria that has come to mean "anyone who identifies as trans", no gender dysphoria required.

TERF is used as a catchall term now for anyone who disagrees with the gender identity dogma.

by Anonymousreply 127October 20, 2021 1:28 AM

Yes, I am thinking of Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists when referring to TERFs. Bingo.

by Anonymousreply 128October 20, 2021 1:33 AM

TERFs are scum. No Gay men's website should have to tolerate those TERF cunts, they hate men. All men. It used to be that Gay hating posters got kicked off of the Datalounge by Muriel right away. Now they set up camp here for years, spreading their hatred for men and flooding the site with threads about Trans. They also obsessively interject TERF commentary into threads where it doesn't belong. There is something seriously wrong with these women. Nothing positive ever comes out of a TERF.

They're just a bunch of malignant fucking narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 129October 20, 2021 1:36 AM

It's interesting that Ryan Murphy hasn't spoken out on this. Pose is even streaming on Netflix. I guess that $200 million check is enough to keep him quiet.

by Anonymousreply 130October 20, 2021 1:37 AM

R124 and R128, why is okay for you to "hate" the "Rainbow Gender Brigade," but not okay for the radical feminists to reasonably question their ideology and tactics? Seems a tad hypocritical.

by Anonymousreply 131October 20, 2021 1:38 AM

[quote] You're such awful, hate-filled, repellent women. I'm not even trans and you make me sick. Go kill yourselves, would you please? You're of no use to anyone decent here on this planet. Really, just go die alone in your tiny apartments. No one will miss you.

[quote]Awful, hideous TERFs living in tacky little flats.

[quote] Your grease fire awaits, ladies.

[quote]TERFs are scum. No Gay men's website should have to tolerate those TERF cunts, they hate men. All men. It used to be that Gay hating posters got kicked off of the Datalounge by Muriel right away. Now they set up camp here for years, spreading their hatred for men and flooding the site with threads about Trans. They also obsessively interject TERF commentary into threads where it doesn't belong. There is something seriously wrong with these women. Nothing positive ever comes out of a TERF. They're just a bunch of malignant fucking narcissists.

O-ho, Papa Tooney! We've got a loonie!

by Anonymousreply 132October 20, 2021 1:43 AM

Non binary sounds like someone who's in another dimension.

by Anonymousreply 133October 20, 2021 1:44 AM

There is nothng wrong with that R131 considering I question their ideology and tactics myself. I also question those of radical feminists. You understand that both yelling at a person with gender dysphoria that they will never be a woman and should never be considered one in any capacity because EVIL PENIS and acting like its a hate crime because I state a man cannot menstruate and that I would not date a trans person are the same 2 sides of one shitty coin to many?

by Anonymousreply 134October 20, 2021 1:47 AM

Yeah, I don’t know what R124 is on about.

Sorry, but you didn’t clear up anything at R134, either.

by Anonymousreply 135October 20, 2021 1:48 AM

R135, read slower next time, that may help.

by Anonymousreply 136October 20, 2021 1:50 AM

R116- Wokistan- That's a good one.

by Anonymousreply 137October 20, 2021 1:55 AM

"You understand that both yelling at a person with gender dysphoria that they will never be a woman and should never be considered one in any capacity because EVIL PENIS and acting like its a hate crime because I state a man cannot menstruate and that I would not date a trans person are the same 2 sides of one shitty coin to many?"

Actually, no, I don't, because both statements are simply objective truths. And neither has anything to do with penises being "evil."

by Anonymousreply 138October 20, 2021 1:57 AM

R136, unless I’m missing something — evidently I am — it sounds like your views align more closely with the TERFs (the radfems you purport to despise) than you realize.

by Anonymousreply 139October 20, 2021 1:57 AM

R137 Nope. Not at all. I like men too much for starters./

by Anonymousreply 140October 20, 2021 2:02 AM

Why are you TERF women on a Gay men's website? You don't belong here.

by Anonymousreply 141October 20, 2021 2:04 AM

What's all this fuss about trains' rights? Why should trains be treated any different from other vehicles? If trains get special rights, then every car, bus, and airplane will be wanting special rights too!

by Anonymousreply 142October 20, 2021 2:06 AM

With all the talk of "appropriation" - from hairstyles to music to clothing, etc - I assume a lot of women have issues with men who have decided to appropriate all things woman, from a place of male privilege. Women are oppressed in our society and men can just put on a wig and makeup and say "i'm a woman". I assume most women feel they can't speak up about this lest they are labeled a "TERF" or "bigot"

by Anonymousreply 143October 20, 2021 2:29 AM

Re: R143…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 20, 2021 2:44 AM

R130 I think that he'd rather make money than walk into a controversy which could see him canceled from either side .

by Anonymousreply 145October 20, 2021 2:48 AM

Netflix is caving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 20, 2021 2:50 AM

Re: R146,

[quote] a rare blunder for Sarandos and Netflix

No, it wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 147October 20, 2021 2:54 AM

If you actually read the Variety q&a, Netflix isn’t caving at all.

At all.

It’s actually a reaffirmation of their commitment to NOT cave.

by Anonymousreply 148October 20, 2021 2:57 AM

[quote]If you actually read the Variety q&a, Netflix isn’t caving at all. At all. It’s actually a reaffirmation of their commitment to NOT cave.

Exactly, R148. Good.

[quote][bold]I want to circle back and ask definitively, do you personally and does Netflix feel that “The Closer” does not amount to hate speech?[/bold]

[quote]Under the definition of “does it intend to cause physical harm?” I do not believe it falls into hate speech.

[quote][bold]So the special will remain on the service?[/bold]

[quote]I don’t believe there have been many calls to remove it.

[quote][bold]Is there anything more specifically actionable from the list of requests — like a call for a new trans and nonbinary talent fund be created?[/bold]

[quote]We have a creative equity fund that we’ve heavily invested in exactly the things I believe they are asking about. We have and continue to invest enormous amounts of content dollars in LGBTQ+ stories for the world and giving them a global platform. Specifically, trans and non-binary content as well. That’s obviously continued strong, and I think we’ll continue on that path.

by Anonymousreply 149October 20, 2021 2:58 AM

Are people really clamoring for more trans and (motherfucking) non-binary content??! I don’t mean the nutty activists, I mean the general public who subscribe to Netflix. Are NORMAL people really asking for that shit??

by Anonymousreply 150October 20, 2021 3:00 AM

I read it as Sarandos being a little wobbly. I didn't say he caved. I said caving. I think being polite to these loons is pretty close to caving. He should not have said I screwed up, because he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 151October 20, 2021 3:01 AM

R150 - no. A very, very loud minority is demanding we all subscribe to groupthink

by Anonymousreply 152October 20, 2021 3:01 AM

[quote]Netflix should commission a new show called Chop Shop where we get to see every single graphic operation of every single trans person.

As well as followups detailing the myriad complications these procedures inevitably yield, as well as the dozens of procedures to fix it.

by Anonymousreply 153October 20, 2021 3:03 AM

R146: "I’ve spent the past couple of days listening to folks and sitting down with folks..."

You certainly must have, Ted, by the way you're throwing that F Word around like an Oberlin freshman. Freshperson. Freshhuman. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 154October 20, 2021 3:03 AM

IT'S FOLX!! The K in folks is literal violence! The X is non-binary!

by Anonymousreply 155October 20, 2021 3:06 AM

Netflix is going to keep Chappelle's comedy special and put up a warning screen about the offensive content prior to the video streaming.

Seems reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 156October 20, 2021 3:07 AM

What could he have said to demonstrate that he wasn’t even starting to cave?

There’s not a thing in that interview that indicates his position has changed from what it was before this “trans walkout” shit.

by Anonymousreply 157October 20, 2021 3:09 AM

R156, where was that reported?

by Anonymousreply 158October 20, 2021 3:11 AM

If Netflix give in to these screeching morons, the demands and walkouts will never stop.

Best to tell them all to fuck off and hand them directions to the nearest employment office.

by Anonymousreply 159October 20, 2021 3:15 AM

R152, a small, loud minority that has captured institutions like the ACLU, which now supports compelled speech, aka "Pronouns".

by Anonymousreply 160October 20, 2021 3:30 AM

I just watched the Chapelle show.

The worst part was Daphne killing herself a week after she defended him on Twitter.

Lots of irony that trans people are accusing him of creating violence against trans people when it seems pretty clear they bullied a trans woman into killing herself.

by Anonymousreply 161October 20, 2021 3:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 20, 2021 3:46 AM

[quote]Any statements yet from the Toronto Trans Collective?

Busy day for them, they had to cancel Margaret Atwood.

by Anonymousreply 163October 20, 2021 3:52 AM

Re: R162, what “anti-trans statements” did Chappelle say? Did the author actually watch the special?

by Anonymousreply 164October 20, 2021 3:54 AM

"The walkout" -- how many trans and non-binary employees could they possibly have? I guess if you include allies it could be significant number of people.

by Anonymousreply 165October 20, 2021 3:56 AM

R161, I think Daphne died by suicide because the TRANS community was unsupportive, not because Daphne was supporting Dave. Nice try, but you're seen.

by Anonymousreply 166October 20, 2021 3:57 AM

R162 is an article quoting the original interview linked at R146.

by Anonymousreply 167October 20, 2021 4:00 AM

Chappelle's special cost more to produce than Squid Game, which is nuts.

It's interesting that Bo Burnham's special did far better than Chappelle's on the main metrics that Netflix uses to determine success, and was a fraction of the cost to make. Chappelle was paid $24 million, while Burnham was paid $3.8 million:

"The specials score less well when you look at efficiency score, which measures a show’s value over its cost. The special had an impact value of $19.4 million and an efficiency score of 0.8X. An efficiency score of 1x means that a show generated about as much viewership as it cost. Anything above 1x means a show was efficient. Anything below that means it was not.

Chappelle’s special scored less than 1x, while Bo Burnham’s “Inside” scored a 2.8x. Based on these measurements, Netflix got better results from Burnham than from Chappelle, some employees believe."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168October 20, 2021 4:01 AM

R168 - Did Burnham get more viewers? And are we just going by the first week numbers for these shows?

by Anonymousreply 169October 20, 2021 4:04 AM

How and why did a group that makes up a HALF OF A PERCENT of the population suddenly gain such disproportionate notoriety?

by Anonymousreply 170October 20, 2021 4:39 AM

He can't believe the person at r109 has got that far. Didn't she/they/zir/whatever do the same as Cuomo and send the covid elderly back into nursing homes (right after taking its own mother out?

by Anonymousreply 171October 20, 2021 5:08 AM

[quote]Are people really clamoring for more trans and (motherfucking) non-binary content??! I don’t mean the nutty activists, I mean the general public who subscribe to Netflix. Are NORMAL people really asking for that shit??

No, people aren't clamoring for more trans or nonbinary... anything. It's one thing to let people live their lives as they choose, but to support the trans movement requires the suspension of objective reality. It's no different than being forced to entertain the delusions of a schizophrenic or a child having a tea party with invisible guests, but with the case of trans, we must play along or be destroyed. Normal people are wondering how we arrived in a world where reality and biological facts are under assault, and where saying so openly can have serious consequences. This is coercion, and more of us need to speak up.

by Anonymousreply 172October 20, 2021 5:49 AM

Terf's hate men. Period. They do so proudly and admit it. So they can eat shit. So can the idiots forcing me to call them something I don't believe.

by Anonymousreply 173October 20, 2021 7:06 AM

This reminds me of when a private school asked students who were minorities to help come up with a hypothetical list of guidelines on how to improve the school and make it more diverse and it went viral and people thought they were actual demands.

by Anonymousreply 174October 20, 2021 7:16 AM

A TERF is ANYONE who isn't 100% behind what these loonies are pushing, so no, not all terfs hate men. Many, many terfs ARE men.

I'd posit that the majority of the world's population would meet the classification of TERF by default.

by Anonymousreply 175October 20, 2021 7:42 AM

No, I am not referring to what the transctivists now call TERF's (anyone who opposes their views, since they'd probably call me one), I am referring to actual Trans exclusionary radical feminists. They are a thing, and have been since way before transctivists started whinning.

by Anonymousreply 176October 20, 2021 8:04 AM

I think Netflix should dig it’s heels in and defend itself as a platform for freedom of expression inside the arts, profile all the shows they already promote about trans people, and turn right around and shame them for trying to censor them.

by Anonymousreply 177October 20, 2021 8:12 AM

[quote]Any statements yet from the Toronto Trans Collective?

The Toronto Trans Collective HAVE issued a statement!

[quote]The Toronto Trans Collective are shocked and disgusted that Netflix chose to air a show with viscous and relentless attacks on trans people. There is no other group who Dave Chappelle would attack in this way, other than Jews, women and Asians, but they don't really count, especially the Jews. The Toronto Trans Collective calls for Netflix to make immediate reparations to the trans community and calls for the following shows to be commissioned.

[quote]1. The Sam Smith Story, written and directed by Dustin Lance Black and starring Demi Lovato as Sam Smith, the first non binary person to win an post transition Oscar.

[quote]2. Ellen Heart. A biopic of nasty TERF cunt Ellen DeGeneres and her relentless abuse of her trans, non binary and gender nonconforming low paid staff.

[quote]3. The Evil World of JK Rowling. A 68 hour documentary series about how awful JK Rowling is, to be presented by Jameela Jamil

[quote]4. Who Are The Toronto Trans Collective? A 10 part documentary series about the trans and non binary people who make up the Toronto Trans Collective, North America's foremost social justice organization campaigning for the rights of trans and non binary people.

by Anonymousreply 178October 20, 2021 9:09 AM

The Toronto Trans Collective have issued a statement clarifying their previous statement.

[quote]The Toronto Trans Collective would like to state that the nasty TERF CUNT Ellen DeGeneres biopic should be titled "Ellen Earth" not "Ellen Heart". "Ellen Earth" is a pun on the phrase Hell On Earth, which is what nasty TERF CUNT Ellen DeGeneres made life for her trans and non binary staff.

by Anonymousreply 179October 20, 2021 9:17 AM

Sounds like a non apology apology as in they're sorry feelings were hurt, but they're not planning to change anything.

by Anonymousreply 180October 20, 2021 10:20 AM

Netflix was nice to save them from the embarrassment of a 5 people walkout.

by Anonymousreply 181October 20, 2021 10:56 AM

Netflix left a rack of I’ll fitting Zara clothing on the curb for those 5 as a peace offering.

by Anonymousreply 182October 20, 2021 11:15 AM

Time to shut it down R176. Stop hijacking the thread with your TERF nonsense. No one cares about the nuances of your beliefs or what the term "used to mean" back in the old days. Obviously the term has evolved to take on new meaning as a derogatory accusation.....aimed at anyone who doesn't buy into trans bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 183October 20, 2021 11:27 AM

WW @ R172. Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 184October 20, 2021 11:29 AM

[quote]With all the talk of "appropriation" - from hairstyles to music to clothing, etc - I assume a lot of women have issues with men who have decided to appropriate all things woman, from a place of male privilege. Women are oppressed in our society and men can just put on a wig and makeup and say "i'm a woman". I assume most women feel they can't speak up about this lest they are labeled a "TERF" or "bigot"

Holy shit! YES! Real women need to stage "walk outs" and throw tantrums about ugly, hairy, 6' men with size 14 feet appropriating womanhood. It's offensive that they think all they have to do is put on a dress, slap on some lipstick and wear and cheap barrette to be able to call themselves "women" and invade women only spaces.

People ARE waking up though. I think the tide started to turn when hulking Bruce Jenner got a "Woman of the Year" award, leaving actual accomplished athletes in the dust. When he gave his speech that night he actually said he could related to real women because of how long it took him to put on his mask and costume for the evening. Uh, no Bruce, you have NO idea what it means to be a real woman. It has nothing to do with 8 layers of makeup, fake tits and ball gowns. Infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 185October 20, 2021 11:39 AM

Wait, so the Toronto Trans Collective is a joke? That quote had me going until I got to the “Sam Smith played by Demi Lovato” part!

by Anonymousreply 186October 20, 2021 12:49 PM

My Netflix sub had lapsed, but I'm going to renew it today in solidarity against the idiotic employee walkout.

Of course that "trans pregnant BIPOC" folx is lawyering up - Netflix knew she would, so you can be sure they have ironclad proof she leaked internal company documentation. I hope she loses, and they don't give her a settlement, and the judge makes her pay Netflix's fees. Enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 187October 20, 2021 7:05 PM

One of the official Netflix Twitter accounts actually posted they were walking out.

There's such a thing as protesting, and then there's using company brand accounts to protest. One of them is what should get that social media person who made the tweets "in solidarity" fired. You cannot use a company's resources against the same company.

by Anonymousreply 188October 20, 2021 7:08 PM

r150 they are trying to create - rather, expand - a whole industry set up around trans. Trans counselors, trans medical advisors, trans activists, trans artwork, trans films, etc. - they want to create an ecosystem that can support them entirely so they don't have to work in the real world. Hence the demands that trans people only be played by trans actors, etc. - they bully enough times and people just give in to them because it's easier than refusing. However, their demands never end, and they are never satisfied, and have kept asking for more and more.

They're even centering themselves in the Holocaust now as the first victims.

by Anonymousreply 189October 20, 2021 7:11 PM

[quote] One of the official Netflix Twitter accounts actually posted they were walking out.

Can you link that tweet please.

by Anonymousreply 190October 20, 2021 7:18 PM

Here you are, r190

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 20, 2021 7:22 PM

Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 192October 20, 2021 7:23 PM

Like, who runs this account? They should be fired for this crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 20, 2021 7:26 PM

What does Most mean? Is it an official account?

by Anonymousreply 194October 20, 2021 7:41 PM

Yes, it's "The home of Netflix's LGBTQ+ storytelling ✨ celebrating Latine heritage and stories with @contodonetflix" and it's a Twitter verified account.

The thing that's funny is that half the replies to it cynically think that they're doing some sort of cynical "we're just people like you" branding exercise and that this is all an episode of manipulation. I guess Millennials are pretty jaded.

by Anonymousreply 195October 20, 2021 7:45 PM

[quote] celebrating Latine heritage and stories

So it’s Latrine now instead of LatinX?

by Anonymousreply 196October 20, 2021 7:56 PM

At least you can say Latine. LatinX is stupid and offensive to most of the people it purports to describe.

by Anonymousreply 197October 20, 2021 8:13 PM

r191 Why the "brb" before "walking out"? They're just gonna storm out and go right back to work? How is this any different than a lunch break?

by Anonymousreply 198October 20, 2021 8:59 PM

One of them is actually screaming "Repent, motherfucker!" at this guy who is holding the highly-offensive "We Like Dave" sign:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 20, 2021 9:38 PM

He should have punched that womyn with the short hair holding them's arms out at him in the face.

by Anonymousreply 200October 20, 2021 9:42 PM

I need a silkwood shower after watching that. How fare they make me smpathize with that neckbeard.

by Anonymousreply 201October 20, 2021 10:03 PM

You ladies are so compassionate, so caring, so concerned. Yeah, punch that woman in the face! Report another woman and complain to make sure she's fired for not agreeing with you! Throw them all in jail for not agreeing with you ladies! Fire more of them and force Trans to wear men's clothing at all times. Make it a crime for them to dress as women!

Of course you don't care about women who transition to being men, that's just fine and dandy or at least able to be completely ignored (occasional lip service when pressed). You actually only care about men who transition to being women. This shows that you're hypocrites and transparent fools, so that's nice.

You have so much love for humanity. Well, you love half of humanity, anyway. You don't care about the male half of the population - only women.

So tell us why you're on a Gay men's website 24/7/365 for years on end?

by Anonymousreply 202October 20, 2021 10:04 PM

r199's video in no way reinforces the notion that modern trannies are crazy!

by Anonymousreply 203October 20, 2021 10:07 PM

That VIDEO IS SO HILARIOUS.

Team big guy!

by Anonymousreply 204October 21, 2021 12:08 AM

R198 because it's "cool" and "hip" language as the marketing person doing the social media feed is so "with it" you guys!

Probably some cusp Millennial.

by Anonymousreply 205October 21, 2021 12:09 AM

R200 you can tell she's been to more than a few protests. I am not one for violence but it would have been incredibly satisfying to see her get clocked as she's being intentionally antagonistic while pretending not to be. Wonder if they were all Netflix employees? I'm guessing not.

by Anonymousreply 206October 21, 2021 12:12 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 21, 2021 12:18 AM

Lol r207. They definitely have a look.

To be more realistic half should be anime avatars.

by Anonymousreply 208October 21, 2021 12:30 AM

LOL @ R199. You need no more proof than that vid that trannies are insane.

by Anonymousreply 209October 21, 2021 12:43 AM

The Real World:

Make sure we NEVER HIRE any of these people! They'll make our lives a living hell, and no work will ever get done!

by Anonymousreply 210October 21, 2021 12:49 AM

This is why my boss won't hire anyone under 30.

by Anonymousreply 211October 21, 2021 12:54 AM

I hate cops and the military, but sometimes I wonder if mandatory military service for all isn't a bad idea. No exceptions (unless a person is physically disabled). Finland does it, and I remember a story from years ago of a star hockey player who had to return home to serve. Some hard, physical work in all kinds of weather conditions and long days might be a good thing for people.

by Anonymousreply 212October 21, 2021 1:01 AM

That “Repent, Motherfucker!” woman is a real character.

by Anonymousreply 213October 21, 2021 1:03 AM

^What is it shaking?

by Anonymousreply 214October 21, 2021 1:08 AM

A tambourine, of course!

by Anonymousreply 215October 21, 2021 1:09 AM

Screams of angry power!

[quote]Comedian Seven Graham, [quote]who is intersex, transmasc, non-binary, and uses he/they pronouns[/bold], was in attendance at the protest, telling The Daily Beast they felt the special crossed a line. “I actually found myself crying watching this special, because it says some very difficult, very painful, very untrue things about who trans people are,” Graham said. “This special will be used by people to fuel that transphobia and that has a very real-world effect for trans people.

[quote]Polly Jean Vernon, who is trans and uses she/they pronouns, previously worked at Netflix as a props master. Vernon said that if she was still working with the company, she would have participated in the walkout. At one time, they admitted that they looked up to Chappelle and his artistry but now can't stand by as people use his jokes to justify their transphobia. “It’s not just feelings,” Vernon said, “It’s another punch to the gut. [bold]I know that every day when I get up and leave the house, there is a 100% chance that I will experience transphobia in the form of microaggressions or actual aggression[/bold].”

[quote]Graham said they hope Netflix commits to putting [bold]$120 million—the same figure it had pumped into Chappelle’s past six specials—into funding trans, intersex, and non-binary creative content and elevating the new voices.[/bold]

Oh, honey, that's just not gonna happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216October 21, 2021 1:12 AM

[quote]Comedian Seven Graham, who is intersex, transmasc, non-binary, and uses he/they pronouns...

I CANNOT EVEN KEEP COUNT of how many things are wrong with this!

by Anonymousreply 217October 21, 2021 1:16 AM

I hope the Chapelle special is saved by thousands as ripped video files so we can still watch when it's removed.

by Anonymousreply 218October 21, 2021 1:21 AM

[quote]A tambourine, of course!

Shaking a tambourine!!!!

That is the most repellant MICROAGGRESSION EVER!!! She is appropriating the markers of a MINSTREL SHOW at Dave Chappelle! She must be canceled immediately! This is no different than BLACKFACE!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 219October 21, 2021 1:21 AM

I'm positive I saw a NYT headline earlier in the day that said hundreds of Netflix employees expected to protest today. Does that look like hundreds of people? How many of them work for Netflix.

Now when I look at the NYT I don't see any mention of the protest at all.

by Anonymousreply 220October 21, 2021 1:21 AM

RePEnT* MotTHERFuckER!!!!!!!!!!!!

The person has a mental disorder and it ain't gender dysphoria.30

by Anonymousreply 221October 21, 2021 1:23 AM

R218, it’s not going to be removed. But yes I’m sure it’s already available for illegal download.

by Anonymousreply 222October 21, 2021 1:25 AM

Dozens of protesters in the Bay area? Geez, you can get more for a debate about opening a dog park.

by Anonymousreply 223October 21, 2021 1:27 AM

I really think it's time to use the Osterhagen Key.

by Anonymousreply 224October 21, 2021 1:59 AM

I'd say between Pose and Sense8, Netflix has already covered that $120 million--and lost money. I liked a lot of Sense8, it was beautifully shot, but trans stuff just isn't something most viewers are seeking out. TransParent over at Amazon was a critical darling, but, again, not popular.

The Squid Game is popular. The horrifically written Bridgerton was popular. Emily in Paris was popular, for Pete's sake. Grace and Frankie was popular. People watch a range of things, but each of these shows has something with mainstream appeal. Trans and its enablers aren't mainstream and never will be as long as they continue to treat everyone else like dirt.

by Anonymousreply 225October 21, 2021 2:46 AM

Sense eight was great but I totally lost interest after season one and never checked out the last season. I think it was mainly an excuse to fly the Wachowskis all over the world for vacation and Netflix got tired of the gigantic budget.

The trans character in it wasn't shrieking about being literally murdered or being victimized constantly or being mis-pronouned. They were just there. Which was fine.

by Anonymousreply 226October 21, 2021 3:01 AM

R225 they actually think they are the true victims of the Holocaust. The first to get wiped out by the Nazis. And they speak in glowing terms about a German Sex Institute that tried to turn gay men straight through medical experimentation and when that didn't work, they would lop off their cocks and give them tits. And this was BEFORE the Nazis. That's what they are bringing back. Conversion surgery.

by Anonymousreply 227October 21, 2021 3:04 AM

If the company caves to trannies then they really do run things. LGB really needs to leave these loons before our communities reputation further goes down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 228October 21, 2021 3:48 AM

R226 Ironically the trans character in Sense8 is literally representation done right.

by Anonymousreply 229October 21, 2021 3:50 AM

Squid Game made Netflix nearly a billion dollars. Maybe this is really because they refused to give them bonuses.

by Anonymousreply 230October 21, 2021 3:53 AM

Has any theatrical film made a billion dollars in less than a month?

by Anonymousreply 231October 21, 2021 3:57 AM

[quote] Nice try, but you're seen.

honestly, do you think that kind of stupid meaningless woke language frightens or impresses anyone here who doesn't already agree with you? You sound like a fucking nutcase.

by Anonymousreply 232October 21, 2021 3:59 AM

[quote]Squid Game made Netflix nearly a billion dollars.

Off topic...how does a show make money for Netflix since they don't have ads? Is it new subscribers?

by Anonymousreply 233October 21, 2021 3:59 AM

[quote]Twitter has allowed for the Democraticization of society like never before. Canceling Netflix.

Oh sweetie. This tiny bunch of loons can 'cancel' whomever they like. No one who is sane gives a flying fuck.

by Anonymousreply 234October 21, 2021 4:04 AM

R207, one of the replies to that picture

[quote] I didnt know Björk came from such a large family.

by Anonymousreply 235October 21, 2021 4:13 AM

The trick with the NYTimes has been that the woke crowd has been dealing there with the white and straight guilt of a group of wealthy inheritors of the corporation (like Pinch Sulzberger prime among them), and they've been able to get those dumb rich people to do whatever they want by working on their guilt.

If you don't have that guilt, they can't boss you around if you're at the top. This is the dumb mistake woke activists keep making. People like Sulzberger who feel strong leftist guilt will cry when you issue demands and give you whatever you want; everyone else will just stare at you and think you're insane and do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 236October 21, 2021 4:22 AM

"Squid Game" didn't "make" or earn almost a billion dollars, Netflix doesn't work that way. Netflix has a secret equation based on minutes watched, total eyeballs and other metrics to which they assign a "value" multiplier to come up with how valuable or profitable they deem any particular show to be which they've licensed to air on their service. There isn't an account with this amount of money in it.

by Anonymousreply 237October 21, 2021 6:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 21, 2021 7:01 AM

Wow. The trannies are bring up the A-List.

Rome will fall!

by Anonymousreply 239October 21, 2021 8:21 AM

There shouldn’t be any gay men at this protest period

by Anonymousreply 240October 21, 2021 12:46 PM

So of the few dozen people at the protest, most were outsiders showing up for clout.

by Anonymousreply 241October 21, 2021 1:27 PM

Also I love that photo has his eyes closed 🤭

by Anonymousreply 242October 21, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote][bold]Please explain to me the trans/non-binary anger here[/bold]

This thread was deleted within the last few minutes. I'm not a bigot and I don't hate anyone, everyone in that thread was respectful and gave honest, factual answers. I know this isn't a political thread but the House & Senate are at stake next year... people are fuming over the ACLU editing the RBG quote, the coverup of sexual assaults at two Loudoun County schools and the Rachel Levine announcement and that's just the past month... I'm afraid of how influential this ideology can be and how that is going to affect 2022 & 2024 elections. I could never vote for a Republican but I know people who have already said they can't support the Dems anymore. We're screwed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243October 21, 2021 2:11 PM

That is fucked up that a moderator deleted that thread. It was just getting good, too. Someone had claimed that “non-binary” ideology was actually challenging gender stereotypes (when in reality, it quite obviously does the exact opposite).

by Anonymousreply 244October 21, 2021 2:43 PM

[quote] He should have punched that womyn with the short hair holding them's arms out at him in the face.

That’s not a womyn. That’s a delusional tranny who thinks it can change sex like a clownfish.

by Anonymousreply 245October 21, 2021 2:56 PM

The trans want to silence all dissent!

by Anonymousreply 246October 21, 2021 3:09 PM

JHC I went out to the taco truck and got stuck in this mess - I hope they can all start cleaning out their stand-up desks when they get back in here.....and I never got my fucking taco.

by Anonymousreply 247October 21, 2021 3:20 PM

R244, it's possible that with some serious dedication the thread received enough FFs to automatically delete itself.

by Anonymousreply 248October 21, 2021 3:23 PM

Let’s hope that’s all it was, R248. Otherwise, the mods are either really dumb or really have their priorities fucked.

by Anonymousreply 249October 21, 2021 3:24 PM

[quote]"Squid Game" didn't "make" or earn almost a billion dollars, Netflix doesn't work that way. There isn't an account with this amount of money in it.

Au contraire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 21, 2021 4:00 PM

Shocker - the organizer of the Netflix protest is actually a huge homophobe -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251October 21, 2021 4:30 PM

I don't undershtand the blue hair!

by Anonymousreply 252October 21, 2021 4:48 PM

Homophobic pro-trans Warrenista? Why I never!

by Anonymousreply 253October 21, 2021 4:50 PM

R251 I’d love to see multiple sources document the social media history of the organizer that he says is screengrabbed. I am not doubting the authenticity but others could. A quick google search shows that no one has looked into this. Tons of stories about “meeting the organizer” of the walkout and highlighting her as a progressive champion. My guess is that none of the mainstream Media will dare look into this because of woke police fears.

by Anonymousreply 254October 21, 2021 4:51 PM

R251 Also racist against Asians and Mexicans.

by Anonymousreply 255October 21, 2021 5:19 PM

Ashlee Marie Preston sho be one racist cuntless cunt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 21, 2021 5:36 PM

How did trans people become so powerful? There were able to get the Gender Critical forum on Reddit shut down too. WTF.

by Anonymousreply 257October 21, 2021 6:26 PM

R257 because they keep threatening to KILL THEMSELVES!

by Anonymousreply 258October 21, 2021 6:46 PM

Like Bradley Manning, who was a homophobe who physically attacked his lesbian supervisor.

by Anonymousreply 259October 21, 2021 7:01 PM

I guess everyone has seen the video of the fat beardy guy with the "We Like Dave" sign.

Well, according to the AP news agency, he screamed profanities at peaceful protesters.

Seriously. That's how Associated Press have described events.

Trumpian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 21, 2021 8:26 PM

This is the guy who tore up Vito’s sign and accused him of having a weapon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 21, 2021 8:51 PM

Trans woman shows support to Dave on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 21, 2021 8:58 PM

Trans woman shows support to Dave on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263October 21, 2021 8:58 PM

Re: R262, “It’s not comedy per se…”

Yes it goddamn is. What is with these people?

Glad she liked it anyway…? I’m guessing she just wasn’t in a mood to laugh. The show is packed with jokes and is clearly a long-form standup comedy set.

by Anonymousreply 264October 21, 2021 9:24 PM

She means it is more social commentary, I think.

by Anonymousreply 265October 21, 2021 9:43 PM

I guess, but a lot of standup comedy is social commentary. Probably most of it?

by Anonymousreply 266October 21, 2021 9:54 PM

[quote] This is the guy who tore up Vito’s sign and accused him of having a weapon

That guy needs to be arrested and prosecuted. You can’t just steal someone’s property and break it. If Vito was playing a guitar, would the guy steal the guitar and break it in half and not have any consequences? If that’s the case, Vito should have taken that damn tambourine and smashed it to pieces.

by Anonymousreply 267October 21, 2021 10:46 PM

Special speaker at the protest. I stand with her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 21, 2021 10:50 PM

The attacker is at the 19.00 mark. Is he lying about his age? “I’m thirty...., uh, thirty-five.” He’s a writer on the Fraiser reboot. Frasier needs to fire him.

Also watch the interviews with the women at 15:00 and 21:00.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 21, 2021 11:05 PM

I don't like cancel culture, so I'm pretty meh on trying to get the man fired.

Btw there are many transwomen who are actually against the transctivists (Blaire Whote for instance) though they tend to lean right and be more for (or more precisely, not against) more traditonal gender roles.

by Anonymousreply 270October 21, 2021 11:22 PM

Is the guy at R268 Eureka O’Hara?

by Anonymousreply 271October 21, 2021 11:53 PM

Yes that's Eureka.

by Anonymousreply 272October 21, 2021 11:57 PM

More like Eartha Quake.

by Anonymousreply 273October 22, 2021 12:08 AM

R261 He only attacked him and took his sign cause the guy is a fat, short white dude. Imagine if the black dude that looks like an NBA player was holding a sign.

by Anonymousreply 274October 22, 2021 12:16 AM

I actually thought Eureka came off relatively sane in that video.

Relatively, mind you.

by Anonymousreply 275October 22, 2021 12:50 AM

And now SILENCE, the movement is dead, their "several dozen" protesters are satiated with the self-satisfaction of smelling their own farts.

by Anonymousreply 276October 22, 2021 3:16 PM

Eureka decided he was "nonbinary" at some point once it became a fad and so now he's a trans champion! Or something. I actually like him typically and think he's well-spoken but a lot of what he says is just recycled pop psychology about "loving everyone" which is what RuPaul puts out.

by Anonymousreply 277October 22, 2021 3:20 PM

While a few of the RPDR queens have transitioned recently, such as Gigi Goode and Laganja Estranja, several more have merely taken on the 'non-binary' identity - perhaps for clout, perhaps not. Until yesterday, I didn't know that Eureka was one of them.

by Anonymousreply 278October 22, 2021 3:30 PM

r278 yeah he's been nonbinary for several years now.

Ugh, Gigi Goode has transitioned too? Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 279October 22, 2021 3:32 PM

Interesting article about this whole kerfuffle.

Kat Rosenfield is a great feminist podcaster, author, and Tweeter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280October 23, 2021 3:51 AM

Dave Chappelle now says he’s willing to listen and will meet with Netflix trans executives.

by Anonymousreply 281October 23, 2021 3:55 AM

Ah so Jill Soloway is now Joey Soloway, but the real question is s/he/it getting any projects greenlit. Sounds like no.

I'm not sure that this is enough a dust up for Netflix to throw $120 million at a bunch of projects that won't make money.

by Anonymousreply 282October 23, 2021 9:19 AM

Joey Soloway is now insane. They was carrying on about the trans Holocaust. The treatment of trans people in the US is exactly like the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany? Remember when Hitler made a Jew a 4 star admiral and the US killed 6 million trans people in camps?

How does someone who seemed relatively thoughtful go full crazy?

by Anonymousreply 283October 23, 2021 11:03 AM

Chappelle also made repulsive anti semitic remarks in his "space Jews" segment but trans people were the real victims of the Holocaust.

by Anonymousreply 284October 23, 2021 11:12 AM

Only now? Jill hasn't been sane for the last few years. At all

by Anonymousreply 285October 23, 2021 11:12 AM

Why don't they just start their own streaming channel and call it TRANSFLIX?

It would be a ratings bonanza!

by Anonymousreply 286October 23, 2021 11:58 AM

Illegal streams, people.

Why anyone pays for content these days, when most content is so shitty and cheap and cynically-made, is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 287October 23, 2021 12:04 PM

R287 Most of DL is too old for that.

by Anonymousreply 288October 23, 2021 12:11 PM

I suspect that even if a trans person ran every major company, was president of the U.S. and made up the majority of Congress, they'd still find something to be offended over.

by Anonymousreply 289October 23, 2021 12:39 PM

Because that inconvenient popular video @ r199 got quickly deleted, here it is again. These loons, desperate to erase the words 'woman' and 'mother' for pregnancy, birthing, breastfeeding, etc. surely know the existence of mothers when shrieking:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290October 23, 2021 1:08 PM

Trans LOONS!

by Anonymousreply 291October 23, 2021 1:48 PM

People keep asking how the trans get so much traction. I don't want to come over all conspiracy theorist but it's clear to me - big Pharma in the US can make money out of transitioning people. It can't make money out of teenage LGB people. Why this makes all the straight men in comedy wigs want to be under the trans "umbrella" I really can not say, unless it's some masochistic desire to be a victim.

As for why no-binaries are so angry all them? It's because no one, one at all wants to fuck them, not either other non-binaries.

And for Netflix? I don't give a shit about who makes the programmes I watch. I just want them to entertain me. Television is still meant to be entertainment, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 292October 23, 2021 1:52 PM

I read a 2018 interview with Jill/Joey and they said that when they was married she had to wait for her husband to make dinner reservations for Valentine's Day. But once they became a non binary lesbian they was able to make dinner reservations on its own. Seriously, this was the primary reason they gave for why life was so much better. An adult female can't make dinner reservations until they are gay/non binary. So JS seem to have been fully insane by 2018.

by Anonymousreply 293October 23, 2021 1:56 PM

"Repent motherfucker"

Cancel this bitch, shouldn't have they/she/xi/watermelon have said "Repent Birthing-person Fucker"? Now I've been microagressed and I need my safe space.

by Anonymousreply 294October 23, 2021 1:59 PM

r293 TRAs reinforce the extremely regressive sexist (and homophobic) notions. Jill/Joey, since coming out as a gf of super butch Eileen Myles, hasn't been sane... Her rapid change of looks seem to be what she thinks lesbians look like. Caricature.

by Anonymousreply 295October 23, 2021 2:02 PM

[quote] how the trans get so much traction. I don't want to come over all conspiracy theorist but it's clear to me - big Pharma in the US can make money out of transitioning people. It can't make money out of teenage LGB people.

Also, gay people constitute a threat to normative societal status quo, because they tend to be more intelligent and creative/bohemian and politically-minded. And even the ones who aren’t any of the aforementioned still champion more basic destabilising values like promiscuity or non-monogamy. The Overlords can’t have that.

by Anonymousreply 296October 23, 2021 2:21 PM

R282 Reading this person's Wiki is exhausting. They don't say he or she, or even they, but start every sentence with "Soloway is", "Soloway was" etc. It looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 297October 23, 2021 2:27 PM

To everyone saying that all trans women are straight men, you gotta be kidding. Yes, there are more of them that were straight guys, but then again, there's more straight men than gay ones in the world. But there's a lot of gay men transitioning as well.

by Anonymousreply 298October 23, 2021 2:28 PM

"...gay people constitute a threat to normative societal status quo, because they tend to be more intelligent and creative/bohemian and politically-minded."

Good point, R296.

And it just dawned on me that most radical trans activists are pretty fucking stupid. Even the college ones.

When you can't win an argument, just scream!

by Anonymousreply 299October 23, 2021 2:30 PM

I hope Netflix’s lack of response means we are moving to a time where disagreements don’t silence any debate. Gays can apparently live with the aggressively homophobic plot line and characterizations in Squid Game. Just don’t watch Dave Chappelle if you are easily triggered.

by Anonymousreply 300October 23, 2021 2:31 PM

Isn't that what Revry is for?

It's free and I never watch it.

by Anonymousreply 301October 23, 2021 2:34 PM

Revry sucks.

by Anonymousreply 302October 23, 2021 2:44 PM

[QUOTE]But there's a lot of gay men transitioning as well.

Pretty extreme way to get straight cock. Can't they just get them drunk like we used to do in the old days?

by Anonymousreply 303October 23, 2021 2:46 PM

R303 It's not their way of getting cock. You can get a lot more cock as a gay man than as a trans woman.

by Anonymousreply 304October 23, 2021 2:58 PM

R298 yes, the highest profile cases are men but most of the transbrigade I've seen are non binary women. Not to mention most of the youngins clamoring they are trans/nb are teen girls. Trying to act like it's all men is ignoring a huge part of the issue and has a whiff of misandry

by Anonymousreply 305October 23, 2021 3:05 PM

R304 - good point. But even on here you can see how revered straight cock is. Add that to mental illness and you can see how might want to go down that route.

As an aside, while scrolling through Scruff today I came across a profile that claimed to be a 'non binary dyke'. What they were doing on Scruff was beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 306October 23, 2021 3:06 PM

[quote] The Evil World of JK Rowling. A 68 hour documentary series about how awful JK Rowling is, to be presented by Jameela Jamil

LMAO

by Anonymousreply 307October 23, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote] As an aside, while scrolling through Scruff today I came across a profile that claimed to be a 'non binary dyke'. What they were doing on Scruff was beyond me.

Not to go too off-topic or anything, but it seems obvious to me that dating/hookup apps need to straighten up and fly right (no pun intended!). There is absolutely no reason for Grindr to advertise itself as an “LGBTQ dating app” which is what it currently says in the Apple app store. We are not all one community fucking each other. Lesbians are not getting fucked by gay men. Gay men aren’t interested in trans people of either sex (if they are, they’re bisexual—and they should use a different app). Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 308October 23, 2021 3:24 PM

Netflix could increase demands for trans characters by simply playing Silence of the Lambs on a loop. Buffalo Bill is a role model to many..

by Anonymousreply 309October 23, 2021 3:30 PM

Full disclosure: I have many many concerns about the trans community. It simply is not possible there are this many suffering from this condition. The speed at which surgeries and medications are happening is frightening.

As a woman, it is downright insulting when I hear (often) "I knew I was a woman because I liked pink, to wear dresses", etc. That is sexist. Furthermore, feeling like a man and a woman's body is not proven by physical or costume changes.

I can understand why some people think the reaction here is similar to responses when other minorities exert power. There is no question that African Americans in entertainment have been disproportionately represented at the Oscars and also in behind the scenes positions from directors to management. And there is a whole systemic racism, misogyny, etc .

I think one of the big distinctions here is a lack of reality in terms of people who truly have gender dysmorphia and those who are trying to be quirky and different. Also, the right to free speech. I was no Andrew Dice Clay fan, so I simply didn't listen to him. I don't watch Fox, etc.

by Anonymousreply 310October 23, 2021 4:17 PM

[quote] There is no question that African Americans in entertainment have been disproportionately represented at the Oscars and also in behind the scenes positions from directors to management.

Thank you! So sick of all the black people everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 311October 23, 2021 4:22 PM

I just saw a commercial for Prep on t.v where a couple of dudes went on about Prep not being tested yet on "People assigned female at birth". Really, guys? Really?

by Anonymousreply 312October 23, 2021 4:23 PM

That is disgusting, R312.

by Anonymousreply 313October 23, 2021 4:24 PM

There was actually a study done by Variety or one of those entertainment mags, that show its not that black people are underepresented...its that white people aree overrepresented. Its all the other minorities that are getting screwedd over. I very much believe that.

by Anonymousreply 314October 23, 2021 4:26 PM

Native Americans enter the room, R314.

by Anonymousreply 315October 23, 2021 4:30 PM

R313 Yeah I was surprised. Here is the commercial, though the one I saw wasnt as long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316October 23, 2021 4:30 PM

R316's commercial stars "actor" and 'prostatution whore' Trevor LaPaglia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317October 23, 2021 5:39 PM

The guy on the left in the preview image at r316 definitely looks like he’d be a “prostatution whore.” Is he the one?

by Anonymousreply 318October 23, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]People assigned female at birth

How did it get to this?

by Anonymousreply 319October 23, 2021 5:44 PM

R319 gay men spent 1,000 years trying to not get murdered, arrested or shunned and the trans managed to dominate the media in a year... my hat's off to your wig, dearie

by Anonymousreply 320October 23, 2021 6:10 PM

I think Kait Rosenfeld is right. This protest is aimed at getting Netflix to cough up money. Soloway doesn't have any projects lined up. Elliott Page has been doing voiceover work. The Wachowskis have had multiple flops, though one of them has the Matrix sequel. They're a small group and viewers aren't interested.

Even with their friends in the media, I don't think this one has legs, not to the point of $120 million.

by Anonymousreply 321October 23, 2021 6:22 PM

R314 how are white people overrepresented when they are the great majority (75%)? Blacks are the ones who are overrepresented in the media. They're only 13% of the U.S. population and are getting 75% or more representation.

by Anonymousreply 322October 23, 2021 6:58 PM

R314 just going by what the study said and the numbers it gave seemed to add up. Not sure if the 75% statistic is true but if it is that would just mean that 80% of the roles were for whites...whch means over representation. But its not blacks that are getting screwed, its the other minorities. That extra 5% should be going to them, not blacks. (Again, citing what the study said).

by Anonymousreply 323October 23, 2021 7:08 PM

Blacks (13% of the population) are over-represented in the media. Latinos (19%) are under-represented. Of course Jewish Americans (1.9%) are far and away the most over-represented minority.

by Anonymousreply 324October 23, 2021 8:07 PM

R321, it sounds like the demand for money and, more importantly, projects and contracts, is indeed what they're after, as well as inserting trans people into executive and decision-making positions. The audience is tiny, as was the protest - the trans numbers are negligible. They've managed to come so far, however, through institutional capture in many cases (ex-gay organisations, government, universities, much of the news media) but they have had less luck with private corporations that need to sell product, like Netflix, which is why they're resorting to blackmail. Except it appears to have backfired on them.

by Anonymousreply 325October 23, 2021 8:56 PM

Funny, because extortion has worked so well for them before.

by Anonymousreply 326October 23, 2021 8:59 PM

You get revolutionary trans intersectional comedy twenty-four seven and like it comrade, if you know what's good for you!

by Anonymousreply 327October 23, 2021 9:05 PM

I think we're kind of lucky a straight, white male was the one they were attacking this time. Sadly, I think any other person would have felt more pressure to cave.

by Anonymousreply 328October 23, 2021 9:14 PM

What straight white male?

by Anonymousreply 329October 23, 2021 9:23 PM

Ted Sarandos, r329.

by Anonymousreply 330October 23, 2021 9:29 PM

R330 Straight, white males head most major corporations in the US. It has more to do with him as a person and his mangement style than it does his straight, white, maleness. The identity politics debate is tired.

And to reiterate: cis is a misused word from chemistry that is unneeded because "trans" exists. It's just another way of their exerting power over language. You don't need a word for refer to someone's sex, because it does not change. If you are referring to gender, there is trans and there is everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 331October 23, 2021 10:48 PM

If Ted Sarandos were female, there would be death threats all over twitter directed at her.

by Anonymousreply 332October 24, 2021 12:01 AM

The most recent UCLA study I saw showed Blacks getting 20 percent of the parts in Hollywood, so, yes, overrepresented to the point that people think they're a larger minority than they are. Latinos are underrepresented, BUT a lot of their viewership goes to the Spanish-language networks.

Asians are underrepresented as well. They're on the path to demographically overtake Blacks. They're around 11 percent of the population and growing faster than other demographics.

by Anonymousreply 333October 24, 2021 2:11 AM

Just leave Glee on and that should be enough.

by Anonymousreply 334October 24, 2021 2:14 AM

Looks at the news. CBS has 66% to 75% black anchors in the morning, ABC is I think 66%.

Not sure about NBC as I haven’t watched that in years.

by Anonymousreply 335October 24, 2021 2:20 AM

MSNBC's idea of a Latina anchor is that corrupt asshole Sen. Menendez's daughter who is half-Cuban, half-German and not vaguely Latina.

by Anonymousreply 336October 24, 2021 2:22 AM

Latin representation is tricky. Most Latins are Caucasian and present as such. I am not a fan of color blind casting because I truly believe it is false representation to make a bunch of liberal white people feel good about themselves and not true equity.

by Anonymousreply 337October 24, 2021 2:51 AM

Lots of people in entertainment industry who are "white passing" have suddenly found a deep, deep connection to their "non-white" heritage

by Anonymousreply 338October 24, 2021 3:31 AM

Seems like gay men aren’t willing to be silent on the trans nonsense anymore. Make there is a chance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339October 24, 2021 4:00 AM

I just saw a commercial for Prep on t.v where a couple of dudes went on about Prep not being tested yet on "People assigned female at birth". Really, guys? Really?

r312 Zero surprise and it's only natural to me in this climate where enthusiastic clowns (very including lots of LGBs) have been aggressively supporting endless delusional statements like "Trans women are women". They have made all these lies possible: XY females; Levine is a female; sex/gender, oppressively and violently "assigned" at birth, etc.

by Anonymousreply 340October 24, 2021 4:08 AM

Give 'em an angry inch, they'll take a mile.

by Anonymousreply 341October 24, 2021 1:32 PM

R312 I am so sick of those commercials with that guy's beat poetry and the Trans Executive(tm) educating us all. On endless repeat if you have the "gay" flag on your Hulu or Paramount Plus account.

by Anonymousreply 342October 25, 2021 12:02 PM

Chappell says he won’t bend. And I bet Netflix won’t either. Even his week many are forgetting this protest as Squid Game overtakes any controversy of this.

by Anonymousreply 343October 25, 2021 10:16 PM

[quote] Looks at the news. CBS has 66% to 75% black anchors in the morning, ABC is I think 66%

Couldn't they get into medical school?

by Anonymousreply 344October 25, 2021 11:37 PM

I think the controversy is now Chappelle v. the TRAs and Netflix is stepping quietly back and doing what it does--which is make money. Netflix doesn't need to make TRAs happy or shell out $120 million or put in high-ranking trans execs. It's doing fine this week with The Squid Game blowing away the competiton around the world.

by Anonymousreply 345October 26, 2021 2:35 AM

Has Sauid Game been critiqued for lack of Trans?

by Anonymousreply 346October 26, 2021 2:37 AM

R345, there is no "controversy". The media tried their best to turn the whines of a handful of cross-dressing men on Twitter and Instagram into some major story because they've been brainwashed into believing that the transcult is a serious civil rights movement.

by Anonymousreply 347October 26, 2021 11:33 AM

The Trans activists and advocates at the forefront of this woke crusade are using ACTUAL Trans people as political pawns.

Most trans people I know don't give two shits about Chappelle or this special. And if they do, they actually find him funny and inoffensive to their way of life. The core values of the modern trans movement (seemingly overtaken by blue-haired non-binary teens and 20-somethings) don't move the needle in any meaningful way for the majority of trans people just trying to live their lives in dignity and peace.

But the activists overwhelm the narrative by stressing the importance of pronouns and "misgendering being actual violence!" Unfortunately, Twitter only amplifies these lightweight, half-baked ideas and because so many of arguments have the nuance (and complexity) of a child throwing a tantrum, the woke brats latch on in droves and hijack the narrative. Blowing up these very minor issues as being the ONLY issues. The only thing they successfully achieve is to further alienate would-be allies. That's the real tragedy here.

These woke zealots are going to lose us the 2024 election if they keep up with this petulant nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 348October 26, 2021 10:00 PM

[quote]I just saw a commercial for Prep on t.v where a couple of dudes went on about Prep not being tested yet on "People assigned female at birth".

Disgusting, homophobic, misogynistic, unscientific, offensive, tranny and NUTTY!

This verbiage sneaking into a big money pharma ad is a major victory for the destructive Trans Agenda. It also makes NO SENSE in that babies are not ungendered until they pop out of the birth canal and then slapped with a random gender they way you might plop a Red Sox or Yankees cap on a baby! It's all so insane!

by Anonymousreply 349October 26, 2021 11:23 PM

Much of the Trans nonsense in showbiz is supported by, or pawned off on the casting directors, a group over-represented by woke, straight Jewish women and gay men, also of the TRA-approved variety.

In the past year they have gone completely overboard and are all but demanding DNA tests for specific people and roles, but keep in mind one is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to flip your gender identity on and off like a light switch, whatever makes you authentic on any given day.

Keep in mind ALL of this foolishness is strictly enforced in voiceover narration, videogames and animated shows! Here's a casting notice I saw today, make sure you note this is for a project getting info out for WOMEN'S CANCER! This is NOT a parody, or joke! Please note the specs:

[bold]This Voiceover will be for E-Learning Modules and Webinars for The Foundation for Women's Cancer and LGBTQ+ Cancer Network.

[bold]MUST HAVE HOME VO BOOTH SETUP (Sound proof booth, mic, interface) and have DAW you are comfortable working with.

[bold]ADDITIONAL ROLE:

[ ZED ] [bold]50’s. White. They/Them/Theirs. TRANSGENDER FEMALE. Pansexual. Slight CHICAGO accent. Looking for natural, relatable real sounding reads. NO announcer reels please. PLEASE NOTE IF YOU CAN DO ACCENT IN SUBMISSION. WE ARE ESPECIALLY LOOKING FOR TRANSGENDER FEMALE VO ACTORS."

A lesbian women's cancer ad looking for a "trans woman" (male) who can not only identify with a laundry list of identities, but also have a Chicago accent and RECORD THEMSELVES in their own home audio booth for the princely sum of....$125.00!

If this isn't Peak Tranny Madness I don't know what is!

by Anonymousreply 350October 26, 2021 11:38 PM

[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 351October 27, 2021 12:50 AM

Can't people here see through the bogus trolls with pompous responses here stirring shit?

I don't know who's more of a drama queen, these trans loons or the people canceling a subscription over some stupid shit like that. Who gives a fuck about jokes?

by Anonymousreply 352October 27, 2021 1:40 AM

What are the pompous responses? On the trans activist side or the Dave Chapelle side?

by Anonymousreply 353October 27, 2021 2:43 AM

Some of us can despise Chappelle and dismiss trans loonies as well.

by Anonymousreply 354October 27, 2021 5:46 AM

Exactly R354 - sorry for the pun - but this is not a binary issue.

by Anonymousreply 355October 27, 2021 8:41 AM

Off course Alyssa Milano needs to insert herself into this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356October 27, 2021 9:11 AM

If these people put half as much energy into voting in every election and protesting against real issues that affect everyday Americans maybe things wouldn't be so messy right now.

by Anonymousreply 357October 27, 2021 12:15 PM

But voting like regular American citizens won't get then on TV OR make them into victims.

by Anonymousreply 358October 27, 2021 12:45 PM

So, working on the theory that this is all about trying to squeeze money out of Netflix, I took a visit to Jaime Clayton and Laverne Cox's Twitter feeds--nada on Netflix, but both of these trans actors are employed. I suspect that both of them have enough sense to know that they don't want to get anywhere near a fight between the TRAs and a Black comedian. Particularly Cox.

This is about narcissistic wannabes and has-beens misreading the room. I think Dave Chappelle is kind of an ass (but lots of comedians are), but Blacks have survived their treatment in this country through humor and music for a long time and they're going to hold on to those things damn hard. In that sense, Chappelle knows exactly what he's doing. He's using the publicity from this to promote his film about George Floyd.

Soloway's done--too high maintenance and not worth the risk. Elliot Page--same thing. S/he needed to transition *after* the Umbrella show was done instead of putting the showrunners, hir fellow cast members and Netflix on the spot. If you lived with your body dysmorphia this long, you could have held out a little longer.

Because the trans brigade aggressively goes after anyone who doesn't publicly tow the line, people will continue to not speak openly, but there's a passive resistance--people watching Chappelle, Page and Soloway not getting hired.

Making $ demands of Netflix was a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 359October 27, 2021 9:44 PM

Because no actual serious trans person, especially those in show business, would die on this hill for such a ridiculous thing.

by Anonymousreply 360October 27, 2021 10:06 PM

It’s trannies!

It’s madness!

It’s TRANNY MADNESS!

by Anonymousreply 361October 27, 2021 11:59 PM

Straight white dudes have managed to make themselves the MOST oppressed by co-opting the movement, and opening the door for self-hating teens named Aydyn to medicalize themselves for life. Win for capitalism!

by Anonymousreply 362October 28, 2021 12:04 AM

A new "non-binary" ACTOR PERSON (a women in real life) E.R. Fightmaster (Fightperson?) has been cast on Grey's Anatomy.

The whole schtick is so foolish as is said performer's IMDb page, replete with the requisite use of THEY/THEMs and THEMSELF. It is such a huge blunder and step in the wrong direction for everyone really, to normalize this insanity. Of course in this "non-binary" performer's early days she just portrayed women's roles, or excuse me, I mean she played characters WHO IDENTIFIED AS WOMEN, which up until lately she did too!

I am not even talking about big lesbian Sara Ramirez "coming out" as "non-binary" last year, now that she's all done getting hired to act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363October 28, 2021 12:59 AM

I was trying to register on the CVS app to get a flu shot and they made it mandatory to answer "What Gender were you assigned at birth?"!

I almost threw my phone against the fucking wall.

by Anonymousreply 364October 28, 2021 1:02 AM

I'm amazed this self-identifying gender nonsense has gone as far as it has. The non-binary label STILL just seems like a desperate cry for attention, purpose and/or victimhood. Most are bratty 20-somethings and teens with a similar look and attitude. I feel for actual trans people wanting to live their lives in their preferred gender, but these non-binary ones just feel like they're gaming the system.

It's a way of giving themselves a trophy without having to do very much at all. Real progressives and old school liberals need to start pushing back in a major way. A difference of opinion is NOT transphobia, homophobia, racism or any other kind of "literal violence".

by Anonymousreply 365October 28, 2021 1:29 AM

This is also worth watching. I know Bill gets shit on here (sometimes rightfully so) but this is the kind of nuanced, reasonable discussion that needs to happen more often.

I think if Bill could have a respected trans person on to dig a little deeper, it would be even more effective but this is sadly the kind of discourse even progressives are scared of having. All three guys on here, who aren't afraid to be heterodox/contrarian, seem to still tip toe carefully... That's a problem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366October 28, 2021 1:34 AM

I wanted Ginger Grant on "Gilligan's Island" to be a trans, but Bill Paley wouldn't allow it.

by Anonymousreply 367October 28, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote] people watching Chappelle, Page and Soloway not getting hired.

Chappelle is not getting hired? By whom and for what?

(Off-topic: when I initially typed “Chappelle is not,” my phone autocorrected ‘is not’ to ‘Janbot’ — WTF?)

by Anonymousreply 368October 28, 2021 3:48 AM

I think the poster meant that people are watching Chappelle's shows while Soloway and Page will not be hired. Admittedly it could have been phrased better and I didn't get it at first either.

Haha, I didn't get that with my autocorrect, r368. Sounds like you spend too much time on DL.

by Anonymousreply 369October 28, 2021 6:34 AM

R366 ugh, Andrew Yang.

by Anonymousreply 370October 28, 2021 11:26 AM

I can't wait for DEMANDS! The miniseries

by Anonymousreply 371October 28, 2021 12:42 PM

Netflix should throw $120 million towards producing a series that stars ALL TRANS in every production role and acting role where they go around fighting against misgendering and Taking Stands Against Things to empower themselves, so the series can be dumped in a slew of better releases and all the trans content is contained to that one show that everyone can either ignore or make fun of because it's bound to be awful.

by Anonymousreply 372October 28, 2021 12:54 PM

Fuck Miss Chapelle, but the "demands" are retarded.

by Anonymousreply 373October 28, 2021 12:56 PM

Does anyone really think ANYONE in Hollywood will ever go near Janet Mock ever again unless it i to serve her with a warrant?

What does she actually offer?

by Anonymousreply 374October 28, 2021 10:32 PM

[quote] Haha, I didn't get that with my autocorrect, [R368]. Sounds like you spend too much time on DL.

Right?! What’s odd is that I don’t think I’ve ever typed the word ‘Janbot’… if I did, it was once—eons ago—and certainly wouldn’t justify an autocorrect to the phrase ‘is not’!

by Anonymousreply 375October 28, 2021 10:46 PM

And Caitlyn Jenner Is defending Dave Chappelle . . .

by Anonymousreply 376October 28, 2021 10:53 PM

And the news on Netflix is about it hiding Cuties in search results.

Yep, we're done.

by Anonymousreply 377October 28, 2021 11:05 PM

LOL (or never stop crying) at the photo at R363: THIS HUMAN BUTTONS THEIR SHIRT ALL THE WAY UP TO THE COLLAR. THAT MEANS THAT UNLIKE WOMEN, THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO BE TREATED AS A MINDLESS OBJECT.

Fucking regressive BULLSHIT.

by Anonymousreply 378October 29, 2021 4:38 AM

What sort of made-up name is E. R. Fightmaster?

by Anonymousreply 379October 29, 2021 11:09 AM

[quote] Does anyone really think ANYONE in Hollywood will ever go near Janet Mock ever again unless it i to serve her with a warrant?

Whatever happened to her $3 million deal with Netflix? What about Ryan Murphy? They're both quiet. I wonder if that means this thing has no legs.

by Anonymousreply 380October 29, 2021 2:44 PM

It certainly has no brains.

by Anonymousreply 381October 29, 2021 3:14 PM

But IT HAS A WEAPON! IT'S GOT A WEAPON!!

by Anonymousreply 382October 29, 2021 3:16 PM

R363 Sara Ramirez has a husband.

by Anonymousreply 383October 30, 2021 9:39 AM

Do we really need any more trans people in show business or any more trans stories?

I mean, they're like .001 of the population.

by Anonymousreply 384October 30, 2021 9:57 AM

Sara Ramirez played a lesbian on Parenthood, which starred Dax Shepard, and the attractive Peter Krause. Krause played her dad.

by Anonymousreply 385October 30, 2021 3:48 PM

Bitch made out with Michael B Jordan!

by Anonymousreply 386October 30, 2021 3:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!