Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: tour the former home Johnny and Moira Rose

It's on the market for C$21, 888,000.

Frankly I think the Rosebud Motel was a step up in taste

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2021 11:56 AM

Conveniently located near the 401!

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 8:59 PM

It's too close to the road. I'm afraid I'd have to go out in my front yard and point my pistol at angry mobs of passer-byes every now and then.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 8:59 PM

Wow, and I thought Americans cornered the market on ostentatious decadence

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 9:04 PM

If you’re going to go for it, GO FOR IT!

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 9:05 PM

@r1 the map shows it's in LA. Hahahaha!

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 9:07 PM

[quote]Conveniently located near the 401!

Still far enough away that you won't hear it, but close enough to access when you want to get out of town. As R3 said though I'd be more concerned about the lack of privacy. This is a neighbourhood originally built in the 1950s and 1960s and if you run a google street view of the address you'll see original homes that are around 3,000 sqft. This house has obviously been built by combining two, possibly three lots together.

This neighbourhood is like a "poor man's" (mere multi-millionaire) version of the much more exclusive and expensive Bridle Path to the south.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 9:08 PM

Looks like something Trump would live in.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 9:13 PM

It beats Mississauga.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 9:37 PM

Piss elegant. Such restraint and refinement is a hallmark of good taste.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 10:19 PM

I bet there's some bad Juju hovering over that manse...

[quote] I arrived on that job site that very morning, an hour after this 34-year-old construction worker fell 5.5 meters from a scaffolding on a new residential home build, at 30 Fifeshire Rd in Toronto – a very wealthy neighbourhood. I remember the very silent, eerie atmosphere that morning as the workers were being interviewed by the authorities.

[quote] I wonder who this unfortunate human being was. And how would the news be broken to his family? I’ve patiently waited since, always wondering what the repercussions would be. It’s now almost three years since that sad day – and the heartache still continues for this young worker’s surviving wife and family.

[quote] Well, we are about to find out some news. Just over two weeks ago, an inquest into Kryyztof Mrugala’s death began and the details will come out shortly. At least 12 witnesses were scheduled to testify. Such an inquest is mandatory, under the Coroners Act.

{quote] Krysztof is survived by his wife, Aneta Mrugala, and their three young children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 19, 2021 9:41 AM

Ghastly trashy.

by Anonymousreply 11October 19, 2021 10:28 AM

For that much money I hope they get to rename the street. Fifeshire? That simply won't do.

by Anonymousreply 12October 19, 2021 11:33 AM

And with all that marble, it's only $50K a month to heat during a Canadian winter. I'm too poor to judge gaudy tastes.

by Anonymousreply 13October 19, 2021 11:37 AM

I have to admit, I've always like entry halls that are grand galleries like that house has.

There's something about a simply entry hall that is a statement that I find appealing. Granted, I find the whole thing a bit too ornate and busy for my tastes, but the actual architecture of the building is nice.

by Anonymousreply 14October 19, 2021 11:51 AM

“Sisteen Chapel,” oh DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 15October 19, 2021 11:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!