Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How is Lori Strode related to Michael Myers?

This was never addressed in the Halloween movies.

Especially since he came after her.

The movie never explained why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2021 5:34 PM

Supposedly she was his younger sister. That got retconned into one of the later films, H2 I believe.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 6:48 PM

I watched Halloween H2O R1, but they never said how she and Michael are related.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 6:50 PM

It's added in Halloween 2, and is mentioned in every film in the 2-6 continuity.

It's also present in the H20-Resurrection continuity as they both follow Halloween 2.

She's a random stranger in the Halloween 2018-Halloween Kills continuity, which directly follows the first film.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 6:56 PM

I marvel how after all those years in prison or the nuthouse (whatever), Michael's knees & back are still in working order. Unlike other seniors, he still wants to terrorize rather than sitting around watching Fox News like other people his age

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 7:00 PM

Michael would still be in his late 60's, R4.

Plus he has power from the dark side.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 7:01 PM

I think they are siblings

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 7:02 PM

How the fuck do you people not know this?

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 7:18 PM

[quote] How the fuck do you people not know this?

Of course we know it.

But the ORIGINAL Halloween movie itself never establishes their relationship.

Not even once.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 7:20 PM

Michael would've been a MAGA shithead insurrectionist R4, on the steps of the capital beating police officers to death. Then Trump would've pardoned him.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 7:21 PM

She's his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 7:21 PM

R10, if sheโ€™s his sister daughter than that would explain why he wants to kill her so badly.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 7:23 PM

In the new trilogy of movies, they say she isn't and that the only reason he was at her house trying to kill her is because the psycho, Dr. Sartain, drove her there.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 7:24 PM

op the twist that they're siblings was from Halloween 2 (1981)

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 7:26 PM

It was a stupid twist, she didn't even look like his sister. It's creepier that she's just a random girl he chooses.

In the original is it her going to drop of a key at his old house that sets Laurie in his sights?

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote]In the original is it her going to drop of a key at his old house that sets Laurie in his sights?

Yes that's most likely why he started following Laurie and Tommy around, R14.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote]It was a stupid twist, she didn't even look like his sister.

R14, at the point at which it was revealed (during ๐‡๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ˆ๐ˆ 1981), we hadn't seen enough of Michael to know whether or not he resembled Laurie Strode. There was only the faintest partial glimpse of his face just before Dr Loomis shot him six times.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 10:28 PM

Maybe they were husband and wife?

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2021 11:39 PM

[quote]Michael would've been a MAGA shithead insurrectionist [R4], on the steps of the capital beating police officers to death. Then Trump would've pardoned him.

I think he would've beaten everyone to death, but refused to wear MAGA gear because even though he's Michael Myers, he does have some standards. Evangelicals would love him & constantly pester him to speak to youth groups, which he can't stand. Fox News would make fun of Laurie for looking like such a crazy old bat while Michael is as fit as a pro athlete

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2021 8:50 AM

R16 sorry I meant she didn't look like the sister he killed in the original. The one who made her bf cum in 10 seconds...

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2021 5:03 PM

No spoilers, but check out Prom Night....might answer some questions. I thought it was good, at that time, and stared Jaime Lee Curtis.

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2021 5:10 PM

The only thing making Laurie Michael's sister does is get Dr Loomis to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2021 5:15 PM

And her boyfriend on Prom Night, died of AIDS in the mid 80's....one of the first ones to get that horrible disease.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2021 5:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!