Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Rapp walking back his claims against Spacey?

Rapp Offers A Very Different Description of Kevin Spacey Sexual Assault Allegation In New Court Documents

Rapp has repeatedly amended his story of what allegedly occurred in 1986. In court documents [Rapp Forensic Psychiatric Evaluation] recently filed with the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, he provides his most dramatically different telling yet, describing how an intoxicated Kevin Spacey falls onto Rapp as “dead weight.”

[Kevin Spacey] “approached me, and he picked me up, he put his arm beneath me, because I was sitting on the edge of the bed. So he put his hand under my butt and down my legs to my knees, like scooped me like that and held me like a bride in that famous image…he laid me down on the bed on my back, and he laid on top of me…it felt like drunk and clumsy… his full weight was on my body…His hands were like behind my back clutching my shoulders…pressing his weight into me. I don’t recall him saying anything…was able to make the decision to squirm away…he wasn’t grinding into me, he wasn’t caressing me, it was just sort of dead weight and holding me.” - Anthony Rapp

It is unclear whether this new description of alleged events is Rapp’s attempt to walk back his sexual assault allegation against Kevin Spacey.]

He keeps changing his story so often, I can't keep up

BTW DL is quoted/ linked to at the bottom of the article LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 26, 2021 11:48 PM

I've heard those rumors about Rapp before...

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 5:44 PM

I see Spacey’s legal team are already here. You can try to discredit the accuser all you like (one of MULTIPLE) but there’s no getting around the fact Spacey is a bona fide creep and, by all accounts, a predatory sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 5:48 PM

I sort of believed him until he compared himself to Virginia Rappe and Spacey to Fatty Arbuckle.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 5:49 PM

[R3] Rapp compared himself to Virginia Rappe? I missed that development.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote] Rapp compared himself to Virginia Rappe? I missed that development.

That’s a joke. 😉

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 6:01 PM

We just don’t like you Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 6:04 PM

Leave Kevin alone. He doesn't want to act anymore. He's happily working as the headmaster of an all boys middle school in Spain these days.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 6:06 PM

I don’t see how the events in the court papers differ from what Rapp’s said for years: that Spacey lay him on the bed and then lay down on top of him.

What am I missing?

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote]...and, by all accounts, a predatory sociopath.

No, dear. Not by all accounts. By yours, yes, certainly. But there are many, many, people who are not convinced of these allegations by a not very credible plaintiff.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 6:26 PM

I seem to recall a certain RENT actor in Toronto being very *cough* friendly *cough* to young fans . Of course I. could of have read that somewhere 🤣

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 6:26 PM

Like a bride. Please. He wishes!

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 6:29 PM

Two actors, going 'round in circles.

"You wanted me."

"No, you wanted me."

"N0, YOU WANTED ME!"

"N0, YOU WANTED ME!"

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 6:29 PM

R9 Any credibility with all the others?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 6:33 PM

R13, NONE of those people are involved in Rapp's law suit. Not a one.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 6:36 PM

He should do the next Bezos space flight. Can you imagine the headlines? "Spacey in Space".

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 6:37 PM

R14 Yeah, Rapp aside what about the others? Any credibility? There are at least 30 public accusations leveled against the Spacey, but you knew that already.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 7:03 PM

R16, can you read the title to this thread?

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote] that Spacey lay him on the bed and then lay down on top of him. What am I missing?

That nothing criminal happened. A young girl did it to King David in the Bible because he was cold and near death.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2021 7:14 PM

R17 Nothing was walked back.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2021 7:15 PM

Thie linked “investigative website” is nothing more than a PR device questioning any #metoo allegation, but it seems to have a special focus on Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2021 7:19 PM

Let the legal proceedings begin. The prosecution will have countless others, some who have not yet come forward, to substantiate the claims. Good luck Kevin.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2021 7:20 PM

Peculiar success on the part of hollywood / media to put the secondary ‘bad guy’ referential person for #metoo onto a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2021 7:21 PM

Rapp's need to be the center of attention and make everything about how special he is is too desperate for me. I like having some air to breathe when I'm in the same room with someone 😹

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2021 7:45 PM

I hate the cancel culture but, honestly, there's no need for Kevin Spacey to make a comeback. He's an asshole who should just stay away.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2021 7:51 PM

I just read the comments at the end. This one is great. Friend of the boyfriend rapp beat up 🙃 "I know Todd, and I am grateful for this article." Ouch! That's gotta hurt

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2021 8:13 PM

I would pay good money never to see either of these people again.

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2021 8:29 PM

Rapp beat someone up? I find that hard to believe, he's such a dainty thing.

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote] I like having some air to breathe when I'm in the same room with someone

R93 So do 14 year old boys when an adult man is laying on top of them on a bed.

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2021 11:04 PM

Spacey's PR reps working overtime again I see.

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2021 11:16 PM

Can't figure out if it's Spacey's team, or just some guy who's Playbill Rapp refused to sign,

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2021 11:24 PM

The funny thing about all the comments at that weird site is they’re all 100% raves for the article. Why, that’s not suspicious at all!

What IS “The IO Mag” anyway?? How would people even find it?

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2021 11:35 PM

It’s bizarre that Rapp thinks he should get 40 million dollars for this nothing incident. He probably wouldn’t even remember this happened ( if it DID happen) if Spacey hadn’t became a star.

by Anonymousreply 32October 20, 2021 12:16 AM

What?!! Rapp was in a play where the father picked him up and then lay down on him? What?!!!

by Anonymousreply 33October 20, 2021 1:52 AM

Can they both go away now?

by Anonymousreply 34October 20, 2021 1:55 AM

It's hilarious how Rapp tries to turn the act of picking him up into something salacious and sexual. I literally reenacted it - doing what he says was done - where and how his hands were. That's exactly how you would pick someone up whether you were Rhett & Scarlett or Rhett & his grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 35October 20, 2021 2:19 AM

Spacey was literally drunkenly trying to recreate the scene in the play and accidentally fell on top of him. No kissing, no touching of genitalia, , no sexual advance whatsoever

Now what the fuck was Rapp doing sitting on the edge of Spaceys bed in the first place? Just weird. If Rapp had been Female that would be a question the media would have asked. Instead they went into full condemnation mode

by Anonymousreply 36October 20, 2021 2:38 AM

“At least when I fooled around with my friends Christopher and Stephen, masturbating together and occasionally going down on each other, we had talked before and after, and sometimes during.”-Anthony Rapp, describing some of his sexual activities at age 14”

🤮 TMI. Anthony Rapp is so gross and clearly not in his right mind to think anyone would want to know about that.

by Anonymousreply 37October 20, 2021 3:15 AM

Yeah, but was Anthony also 14 at the time? Because I've heard a few stories at the backstage door at the Nederlander that say differently.

by Anonymousreply 38October 20, 2021 3:19 AM

R29 I'd agree execpt I can't see anyone working with him ever again 😜

by Anonymousreply 39October 20, 2021 1:48 PM

I keep waiting for one of those RENT boys to come forward

by Anonymousreply 40October 20, 2021 7:10 PM

I still haven’t heard why Rapp was at Spacey’s apartment. How did he hear about the party? Why did his parents let him roam the city alone at night?

by Anonymousreply 41October 20, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote]R41 I still haven’t heard why Rapp was at Spacey’s apartment. How did he hear about the party?

I think he was at a benefit function (Broadway Bowls?) and a lot of people went to Spacey’s house afterwards. He got bored because there was no one else his age there, and he went into a side room alone to watch TV.

That’s where Spacey found him after the others had left… and pounced.

by Anonymousreply 42October 20, 2021 10:18 PM

Oh please, R42. Rapp was an ugly little troll. Still is.

by Anonymousreply 43October 20, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote]R33 What?!! Rapp was in a play where the father picked him up and then lay down on him? What?!!!

No. That’s not what happens in the play. I saw it on my first trip to NYC.

It’s basically about a disfunctional marriage. The parents argue a lot, but are also in love. They’re “passionate,” “volatile,” etc. They have two teenage sons and differing dreams for them.

Anyway, near the end the younger son is taking a nap on the couch, covered with a knitted quilt or something. The dad comes home and mistakes the figure for his wife and curls up around him… but shock and hilarity ensue when he realizes it’s the wrong person!

I think he might carry the sleepy boy upstairs… after some culminating scene with the wife in which they reconcile a previous argument or whatever.

Very good acting, a kind of good but so-so script.

by Anonymousreply 44October 20, 2021 10:41 PM

Here’s a synopsis:

[quote][italic] This finely wrought autobiographical drama is about a Chicago family's financial struggles in the late 1940's. Fred Small has a chance for a promotion that would necessitate moving to another city. The youngest son is caught between his desire to be an actor and his father's determination that he finish high school and go to college. Bea, the wife and mother, has her own ideas about how the family should be run. Ed Harris and Judith Ivey starred as Fred and Bea in the Broadway premiere.

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2021 10:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2021 10:53 PM

I read the article - the fight - I guess it's more like a beating, with the ex-boyfriend did happen, but his name wasn't Todd (is it public knowledge here who 'Todd' really is? I'll spill that too, if not). It's been a lot of years, but I am pretty sure they got back together after that.

It's weird, I was on the whole periphery of the Anthony Rapp in Rent phenomenon. He was a friend of two of my friends - one of whom was 15/16 at the time. My other friend and I were convinced Anthony wanted to fuck him - I don't think anything ever happened - my friend would have told me if it did It was definitely a vibe the other two of us had. I referred to the beating above as - the fight, because that's how it was framed to my friends and since they were on the team, that's how it was repeated. It definitely was a beat down.

The last time I saw Anthony he hugged me and it was the weirdest hug I think I ever had from anyone.

Anyway, not saying that Spacey is innocent, but Anthony Rapp is questionable too from my own personal experience.

by Anonymousreply 47October 20, 2021 11:24 PM

[quote] But there are many, many, people who are not convinced of these allegations by a not very credible plaintiff.

"Many, many people", my ass. You must be part of Spacey's legal team. Spacey's a creepy perv. Always was.

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2021 11:44 PM

Oy. Look… the fact that Spacey‘s employer Netflix ordered him to undergo sexual harassment awareness training because he was fondling crew members on the HOUSE OF CARDS set really tells you about all you need to know. He was in his 50s (?) at that point and knew what professional behavior is expected to be.

He’s a mess, and it’s been known in the industry forever.

by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2021 11:55 PM

R47 I'm not involved with the Broadway world, have no interest in Rapp's career (wasn't aware he had a memoir), but I do know a former Rapp BF from around that time. Although his name isn't Todd, there's a similarity in there. Maybe it's telling that he never wants to discuss Rapp except in vague terms.

by Anonymousreply 50October 21, 2021 1:52 AM

Or maybe he just respects his privacy?

by Anonymousreply 51October 21, 2021 1:55 AM

Rapp and I are the same age. He knew what he was doing back then and he knows what he's doing now.

by Anonymousreply 52October 21, 2021 1:55 AM

Nope, his description is pretty much the same. OP is trolling. Rapp told about Spacey's abuse DECADES ago in The Advocate but they redacted Spacey's name. He didn't suddenly make this up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2021 1:58 AM

Spill the boyfriend's name, R47! First name only, of course.

by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2021 1:58 AM

R53, That doesn’t mean it happened, it just means that he’s been telling a lie about a celebrity for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2021 2:24 AM

Hey, Spacey PR team! Can we get your take on this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2021 2:38 AM

Whatever happened with that case involving the journalist's son?

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2021 2:40 AM

maybe he’s among the accusers who died mysteriously?

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2021 2:59 AM

R57, The case was thrown out after he mysteriously lost his phone and plead the fifth on the stand several times.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2021 3:08 AM

He pleed the Fifth when he was a witness in his own civil case? That's not going to work.

by Anonymousreply 60October 21, 2021 3:11 AM

R60 Upon questioning, it was revealed that the accuser may have tampered with evidence. After a recess, he was advised by the Judge and/or counsel to plead the 5th.

by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2021 3:21 AM

Thanks, R61.

What a mess! At least the kid was smart enough to listen to the judge.

by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2021 3:31 AM

R35, that is one of the stupidest things I have read in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2021 3:48 AM

[quote] That doesn’t mean it happened, it just means that he’s been telling a lie about a celebrity for a long time.

Spacey is a perv and your defense of him is sick. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2021 3:59 AM

R49, He had exactly ONE complaint during the first season of HOC and no complaints after that. the anonymous unverifiable accounts in that CNN piece don’t count.

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2021 5:06 AM

This CNN article mentions 8 people reporting there were multiple incidents on that set:

[quote] Kevin Spacey made the set of Netflix's "House of Cards" into a "toxic" work environment through a pattern of sexual harassment, eight people who currently work on the show or worked on it in the past tell CNN. One former employee told CNN that Spacey sexually assaulted him.

[quote]The former production assistant, whose account has never previously been disclosed, told CNN that Spacey sexually assaulted him during one of the show's early seasons. All eight people, each of whom spoke to CNN on the condition of anonymity for fear of professional repercussions for speaking out, described Spacey's behavior as "predatory," saying it included nonconsensual touching and crude comments and targeted production staffers who were typically young and male.

[quote] The other people who worked on "House of Cards" with whom CNN spoke all supported the idea that the set could be toxic for young men because of Spacey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 21, 2021 5:33 AM

[quote]r65 the anonymous unverifiable accounts in that CNN piece don’t count.

Oh. It’s fake news?

They worked on that set. You didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 67October 21, 2021 5:36 AM

R54

It's Josh Safran, guess he tries to go by 'Joshua' now lol, who is currently in business of destroying Gossip Girl, just like anything else he's ever touched. He's as much of a sociopath as Anthony and as much of a serial sexual predator as Spacey, just ask any of his assistants. Josh and Anthony got back together after that fight and then broke up later and they both have lied about that story as many times as they've told it by this point. I know he begged Anthony not to publish that book, he wouldn't shut up about it. Fucking mess.

Not saying that I approve of physical violence but Josh has extensively gaslit every single person in his life and well... I understand. There are no good guys in this lineup.

And they both definitely fucked as many RENTheads as they could.

And that iomagazine looks like... complete bullshit. The article is posted on October 15 but the comments start in June? All the commenters have first and last names and post like the exact same set of boomers typing comments over and over. Doesn't pass the smell test.

The more you know about this situation the more problematic it is for everyone involved, delusional narcissists every last one of them.

by Anonymousreply 68October 21, 2021 6:16 AM

Edit: They bumped the article for SEO and added more 'content' but it still smells like total bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 69October 21, 2021 6:34 AM

R47 here again. Just wanted to clarify that my comments weren’t meant to absolve Josh Safran of anything. Just that I got the story through a ‘filter’. I know Josh is a sociopath first hand and was on the receiving end of a good deal of cyber harassment from him.

by Anonymousreply 70October 21, 2021 12:12 PM

R66, Yet they never reported one incident to Netflix. Their stories don’t count and you act like CNN verified they worked at House Of Cards. They didn’t do that. All they wanted to be told what they wanted to hear so they could get clicks on their site.

by Anonymousreply 71October 21, 2021 12:44 PM

House of Cards describes the rest of Spacey's life. Good thing he sold off pricey real estate a few years ago to help with eventual out of court settlements.

by Anonymousreply 72October 21, 2021 1:25 PM

Everybody puts up with a lot on sets and a lot of it, at least before tattletale culture invaded, went unreported because jobs and paychecks were on the line. Plus, a lot of your work is based on who you know and word of mouth. If you're deemed a troublemaker, and your job is below the line, you may not get another job if someone doesn't like you. Before metoo if #1 on the call sheet or the director was grabbing your ass, you just kept your mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 73October 21, 2021 1:30 PM

R73, Spacey was reported for an incident season 1 and was disciplined. So that’s not true in this case.

by Anonymousreply 74October 21, 2021 1:37 PM

“ help with eventual out of court settlements.”

Dream on, Mr. Rapp.

by Anonymousreply 75October 21, 2021 2:12 PM

A comment purporting to be from Jack Lemmons’s son.

“ Kevin has always been a brother to me and was a second son to my father. I’ve stuck with him throughout and he never let out so much as a whimper. He took this injustice like the man he is. It is very rewarding to see a fair accounting. And even more rewarding to see him back where he belongs- on stage & screen”

by Anonymousreply 76October 21, 2021 3:02 PM

R64 YOU fuck off, Trump supporting, Q Anon wacko.

A fair and unbiased look at Kevin Spacey shows a horny guy who took advantage of his station in life. Not a sexual predator. To suggest more is homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 77October 21, 2021 3:10 PM

[quote]A fair and unbiased look at Kevin Spacey shows a horny guy who took advantage of his station in life. Not a sexual predator. To suggest more is homophobic.

Exactly right. But, perhaps more importantly, to suggest Spacey is a sexual predator is to show a gross misunderstanding of what a sexual predator really is. They are profoundly dangerous people. Spacey is, at best, a pest.

To confuse some of the recipients of Spacey's childish and unwanted attention with actual victims of sexual predators disrespects the people who have suffered mightily from the misdeeds of genuine sexual predators.

Spacey is undoubtedly a pig and freely behaved like one. But don't over state what happened with him. Don't treat so lightly genuinely sick people and their unfortunate victims.

by Anonymousreply 78October 21, 2021 4:28 PM

[quote]R77 Kevin Spacey shows a horny guy who took advantage of his station in life. Not a sexual predator. To suggest more is homophobic.

Translation: sexually harassed coworkers should just be grateful they’re not being routinely raped at work.

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 79October 21, 2021 4:48 PM

That's not the translation AT ALL, R79.

You and your statement are both entirely dishonest. Whether it suits your purposes or not, work place sexual harassment rarely, if ever, rises to the level of actual sexual predation. It's a nuisance. It's distasteful. It's certainly stressful. But it's clearly illegal, employers know it, and from an employer of any size or seriousness, a bona fide response usually is made to stop the harasser.

by Anonymousreply 80October 21, 2021 5:24 PM

R47 R70

Sorry to hear that, really. He's only gotten so much worse, seems like they all have tbh. I keep waiting for him to get cancelled. Like Anthony he's using this smokescreen of fake wokeness -- it's fascinating to watch but the more you know and the longer it goes on, the more horrifying it gets.

by Anonymousreply 81October 21, 2021 7:02 PM

R44 "there is even a scene in Precious Sons that calls to mind Rapp's encounter with Spacey, in which Ed Harris's character drunkenly mistakes his son (played by Rapp) for someone else, climbs on top of him, and makes a sexual advance."

“Looking back, I think that on some level my system was kind of weirdly accustomed to the action [of having a man crawl on top of me], because it had been happening in the play.”

from the mouths of ...babes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 21, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote] YOU fuck off, Trump supporting, Q Anon wacko.

I'm a Democrat, you retard. Your defense of Spacey makes you one sick fuck. Do YOU go around jumping on teenage boys, too? My guess is that the answer is yes.

by Anonymousreply 83October 21, 2021 9:12 PM

It’s really is a strange coincidence that Spacey assaulted Rapp by doing what Ed Harris did on stage every night.

by Anonymousreply 84October 21, 2021 11:12 PM

R83= holier than thou SJW

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2021 12:05 AM

[quote] I sort of believed him until he compared himself to Virginia Rappe and Spacey to Fatty Arbuckle.

Speaking of Virginia Rappe and Fatty Arbuckle...there was a good piece about the Fatty Arbuckle scandal in the New Yorker recently. Most things you read about that case sanctify Arbuckle and crucify Rappe, but that article was unbiased. Talk about blaming the victim; Rappe has been raked over the coals as an uber slut who was already half dead from VD or a botched abortion when she came to Arbuckle's wild party. Actually she was a woman who had an unusually small bladder which caused chronic cystitis. She needed to use the bathroom; the first suite she went into the bathroom was unavailable so she went into the other one. Arbuckle saw her enter; he followed her in there and locked the door. She didn't get a chance to use the bathroom because Arbuckle was chatting her up. Both of them had been drinking, and they started to get amorous, which is an unpleasant thought because Arbuckle was a 260 lb. tub of blubber. Somehow during their wrestling match Rappe's bladder got ruptured. In all likelihood in the throes of passion the fat pig fell on top of her, squashing her tiny, distended with fluid bladder like a grape. The bladder rupture caused her to black out. When she came to she was in agonizing pain. A hotel doctor was called and her gave her morphine. She lost consciousness, and went she woke she was screaming in pain again. More morphine. It was three days before she was taken to a hospital where she died of perotonitis. Arbuckle was arrested for her murder, amid all kinds of lurid accusations, like he'd raped her with a piece of ice (he did put a piece of ice on her to "revive" her) or raped her with a Coke or champagne bottle. He was eventually acquitted but his career was ruined. I never felt much sympathy for Arbuckle. He was a typical Hollywood asshole; he at first claimed he was never alone with Rappe, which was a big fat lie. And it's probable that he did inadvertently cause her death by falling on top of her or elbowing or kneeing her in a clumsy attempt to have sex. I do feel sympathy for Virginia Rappe, though. She was the one who ended up dead and thereafter she was painted as a reprehensible, VD ridden whore, which she was not.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2021 12:23 AM

r66, the snippet only mentions men. Wasn't Spacey accused of groping/sexually pestering at least one woman?

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2021 12:23 AM

Sorry, not buyin' it. Anthony Rapp is a fucking worm.

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2021 4:36 PM

Spacey hit on men the same way straight single movie stars hit on women. It’s a shame the press treated each bogus allegation as if these twenty something men were 14 years old. It’s homophobia on their part and a shameful example of cancel culture.

by Anonymousreply 89October 22, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote]R84 It’s really is a strange coincidence that Spacey assaulted Rapp by doing what Ed Harris did on stage every night.

That’s not what happened on stage. The scene’s described at r44. Ed Harris does not pick him up, lay his down, and get on top of him.

by Anonymousreply 90October 22, 2021 9:40 PM

R90, That is what Rapp described in the famous buzzfeed article that destroyed Spacey’s life. I think he would know better than you or r44.

by Anonymousreply 91October 22, 2021 10:07 PM

So Rapp calls up his old buddy Adam Vary and tells him Spacey did what Ed Harris did to him every night in the show and BuzzFeed reports that as actual news? And NOBODY thinks that deserves a second look? GTFO That’s one hell of a coincidence. That’s not news that’s Enquirer level stuff. No wonder a REAL news source didn’t carry it“

by Anonymousreply 92October 22, 2021 10:21 PM

Well, I saw the play. I know what I saw!

by Anonymousreply 93October 23, 2021 2:02 AM

In the scene where Harris is carrying Rapp, the mom (Judith Ivey) is there. It’s not erotic - the son has fallen asleep on the couch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 23, 2021 2:08 AM

R6: "We just don’t like you Kevin.

—The movie-going public. "

We really don't, Kevin. You are as obvious and desperate as a 40 year old obese virgin at a wedding.

by Anonymousreply 95October 23, 2021 2:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 23, 2021 2:18 AM

Lolol @R96! 😂

by Anonymousreply 97October 23, 2021 2:23 AM

R93, Rapp was in the play and he describes the situation similarly to the way he describes the Spacey situation see r82

R94, The way Rapp describes his situation with Kevin Spacey is not very erotic either. He describes him as drunken dead weigh.

by Anonymousreply 98October 23, 2021 3:55 AM

Almost like Sacey drunkenly fell on him rather than tried to rape him as thBuzzfeed article described

by Anonymousreply 99October 23, 2021 3:57 AM

R90 that's not how Rapp describes it LOL Ed Harris's character "drunkenly mistakes his son (played by Rapp) for someone else, climbs on top of him, and makes a sexual advance." Or are you changing your story again :P I worked that show through previews. It happened the way he describes the spacey thing. Been telling you all along but no one wants to hear it. whatever.

by Anonymousreply 100October 23, 2021 12:16 PM

R93 and I worked the play

by Anonymousreply 101October 23, 2021 12:17 PM

"This is significant as Rapp has asserted all along that Kevin Spacey’s alleged actions on the night in question were with the specific intent to “get with” him “sexually.” Rapp’s specifically notes in this version of alleged events, Kevin Spacey’s lack of sexual interest in the young Rapp."

Kevin Spacey’s lack of sexual interest in the young Rapp.

Truth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 23, 2021 12:21 PM

Buzzfeed is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 103October 23, 2021 4:10 PM

R25 See above, that (ex-)boyfriend has 0 friends who aren't paid to be there, and that includes the most recent assistant he moved into the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 104October 23, 2021 9:08 PM

The passage from Rapp’s book about beating up his boyfriend is crazy. Why the hell would you share that?

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2021 4:40 PM

I fucking HATE Anthony Rapp so much. Did he do this to Spacey because Kevin's such a better actor? Who had a much better career? Did he feel the need to take him down a few pegs? What a Goddamned loser. Imagine thinking it's ok to end someone else's career in this way for a meaningless thing that happened 30 years ago. And it's even more vile, because it only works to end his career when homophobia is part of the mix, which of course it is.

Rapp is a fucking worm.

by Anonymousreply 106October 25, 2021 5:59 AM

[quote] Rapp is a fucking worm.

And what do you think Spacey is? A nice guy? Your defense of Spacey is unbelievable fuckery. Spacey is a nasty, unpleasant creep who can't keep his hands to himself. I believe every single accusation against him. He is a prime example of a Hollywood scumbag. And that has been known for years.

by Anonymousreply 107October 25, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote]I believe every single accusation against him.

Then you are a fool. Almost any statement coming from someone in show biz, where hyperbole is the starting point, can be ratcheted down about 50%.

by Anonymousreply 108October 26, 2021 12:36 PM

When Rapp told the story years earlier, it was under the guise of outing the “cowards” who were closeted. It wasn’t “ I’m a sex abuse victim that needs millions of dollars for my ptsd”

by Anonymousreply 109October 26, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote] Then you are a fool.

Your defense of Spacey makes you the fool, sweetheart. A damn fool.

by Anonymousreply 110October 26, 2021 11:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!