Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Billy Porter hits out at Vogue featuring straight white male star in their first gender neutral fashion shoot

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166November 9, 2021 12:12 AM

Well, Billy, both of you guys are twats. How’s that?

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 5:27 PM

I remember a short lived wave of guys wearing what were called utilikilts back in the late 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 5:29 PM

He's rather annoying, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 5:31 PM

I can't do skirts. I look like Juliet Prowse.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 5:32 PM

One is a best-selling international pop star and one had a supporting role in Amazon Prime’s Cinderella... which would you choose for the cover?

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 5:34 PM

He's annoying but I agree with him that Harry is a poser.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 5:40 PM

I suppose if your only claim to fame is wearing dresses this could be annoying.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 6:28 PM

He's talented, r7, but his fashion gimmick has reached its expiration date. Gaga knew when to hang up the meat dress. He should start dialing it down...culottes perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 6:31 PM

Just spray him.it.they.she with bug spray.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 6:33 PM

Billy Porter Called Out Vogue For Using Harry Styles To "Represent" Emerging Conversations About Nonbinary Style.

"I had to fight my entire life to get to the place where I could wear a dress to the Oscars."

"I changed the whole game," Billy said. "I. Personally. Changed. The. Whole. Game. And that is not ego, that is just fact. I was the first one doing it and now everybody is doing it."

"I created the conversation [about non-binary fashion] and yet Vogue still put Harry Styles, a straight white man, in a dress on their cover for the first time...He is the one you're going to try and use to represent this new conversation?"

"He doesn't care, he's just doing it because it's the thing to do," he said. "This is politics for me. This is my life. I had to fight my entire life to get to the place where I could wear a dress to the Oscars and not be gunned now. All he has to do is be white and straight."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 7:06 PM

The word insufferable comes to mind.....

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 7:09 PM

What a narcissist, BP cannot accept seeing other people in the spotlight because he alone is responsible for this earth shattering accomplishment that is wearing a dress to the Oscar’s.

I bet he thinks gay rights solely exist today because of a black crack head drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 7:17 PM

Didn't he get Aids in his forties?

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 7:19 PM

He's so fucking full of shit. Men wore dresses way before Billy Porter decided to treat the world to his personal bad taste.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 7:20 PM

Exhausting, but not abnormal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 7:22 PM

Oh Billy. Love him. But taking himself a bit too seriously. Not every opinion or thought needs to be shared.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 7:27 PM

Jaden Smith wore a dress to his prom in 2015.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2021 7:33 PM

Magazines have featured him wearing dresses and skirts for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2021 7:33 PM

If anyone should be upset its Jaden... while he is a Smith I doubt he's self absorbed enough to care.

Why does a women's fashion magazine even need a gender neutral cover?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2021 7:38 PM

Men wore dresses in the 1980s. But I think Billy has a point. Him and other gay men did it long ago and Styles gets the Vogue cover.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2021 7:40 PM

Kurt Cobain is a little miffed from wherever he resides these days.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2021 8:06 PM

Harry Styles is an internationally famous pop star with a rabid following. Billy Porter is basically a niche performer who is unknown outside the US, and even within the US he's more famous for being an attention whore. Who is going to sell more magazines?

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2021 8:06 PM

To Miss Billy Porter, I say, “NP!”

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2021 8:13 PM

Trey Parker and Matt Stone think Billy is a stupid fucking self obsessed ugly liar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2021 8:18 PM

Billy can be a bit much and I do often find him annoying but he's not wrong at all.

It just reminds me of the days of gay magazines putting straight stars on the cover of their issues who were "allies" of the gay community.

Yes, it sells the magazines but if it's really a magazine for us then you'd think some of them would have remembered that more often than not.

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2021 8:26 PM

All he does is bitch and moan

Vogue is in business to make money

A lot of people like Harry Styles. Vogue featuring Harry on the cover will sell issues. Sour, chronic complainer, Billy Porter won't sell issues

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2021 8:27 PM

R25 Vogue is for women. They want to fuck Styles, not Aids face.

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2021 8:30 PM

ROFL at wonkish old Simon Halls dealing with this diva.

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2021 8:30 PM

R27, and the topic is, gender neutral fashion which I'm sure straight men revolutionized.

And "AIDS Face?" This is fucking Datalounge, go away and come back with something creatively bitchy or genuinely funny.

You could have just called him "Butt Head" and it would had the same impact as that drivel.

by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2021 8:33 PM

R20: Oh, dear.

You're as incorrigible as Billy Porter.

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2021 8:39 PM

What is so radical about a man wearing a dress?

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2021 8:41 PM

R29 Oh fuck off, he has had Aids face for a decade and a half now.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2021 8:42 PM

SO tiring.

by Anonymousreply 33October 18, 2021 8:44 PM

Um. Cobain was wearing dresses in 1991.

Learn your history, Billy.

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2021 8:45 PM

Dear Billy... no one gives a shit about you and that's why you're not on the cover of Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2021 9:16 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2021 9:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2021 9:39 PM

Kurt, Jaden, and Billy are all fashion latecomers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2021 9:57 PM

What about the guy from America’s Next Model?

by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2021 10:01 PM

The average Vogue reader is not in your fanbase, Billy Porter. You chose the wrong soapbox for your rant.

by Anonymousreply 40October 18, 2021 10:27 PM

Typical old queen who is a constant bore, better check those bags under your eyes, and think about plastic surgery to fix that ugly, old face.

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2021 10:35 PM

Ugh. Billy is exhausting and racist toward white people.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2021 10:37 PM

That’s the stupidest shit I’ve ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2021 10:47 PM

Oh Billy, Harry is a.cocksucker just like you.

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2021 10:50 PM

"I had to fight my entire life to get to the place where I could wear a dress to the Oscars."

Wow, that's as significant as winning a Nobel Prize or discovering a cure for cancer.

by Anonymousreply 45October 18, 2021 10:57 PM

I'd call that ugly outfit choice "gender tragic," not "gender neutral" fashion!!

by Anonymousreply 46October 18, 2021 11:12 PM

[quote]One is a best-selling international pop star

Which means absolutely nothing these days.

No one over forty knows who Harry Styles is.

by Anonymousreply 47October 18, 2021 11:21 PM

Harry panders just like Nick Jonas. Hiding in plain sight, giving coy answers about his sexuality. He should wash is funky ass before he stinks up those designer dresses.

Billy is full of himself and looks pretty ridiculous in those red carpet schmattas he wears. And stop acting like he’s some sort of trendsetter. I feel sorry for the boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 48October 18, 2021 11:28 PM

"No one over forty knows who Harry Styles is."

I guarantee that more people over forty know Harry Styles than know Billy Porter.

by Anonymousreply 49October 18, 2021 11:36 PM

r47 Harry Styles is still a big star, even if you don't know who he is. He'll sell a lot more magazines than Billy Fucking Porter.

by Anonymousreply 50October 18, 2021 11:38 PM

Billy is correct. But he's still exhausting and he ignores the other criteria - he's OLD and kind of FUG.

by Anonymousreply 51October 18, 2021 11:49 PM

Ms. Porter has worn out her welcome.

by Anonymousreply 52October 18, 2021 11:51 PM

Yup. It’s never enough.

by Anonymousreply 53October 18, 2021 11:55 PM

[quote]I guarantee that more people over forty know Harry Styles than know Billy Porter.

Not true at all.

This is just another example of how clueless the industry is. Twenty year old twinks aren't buying Vogue. And aside from that, he has no one else.

Billy has a hit TV show and an Emmy award.

Hairy Stalls? Not so much.

by Anonymousreply 54October 19, 2021 12:06 AM

Billy's show was not a hit, dear.

by Anonymousreply 55October 19, 2021 12:07 AM

Pose was a niche show with an audience of trans and femmes. It wasn't really a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 56October 19, 2021 12:12 AM

I wish we could go back to the nineties when we had actual Supermodels who would be on the cover of Vogue. Not all these ugly people.

by Anonymousreply 57October 19, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]"No one over forty knows who Harry Styles is."

[quote]I guarantee that more people over forty know Harry Styles than know Billy Porter.

Girls, girls, girls! Plenty of people have no clue who EITHER of them are!

by Anonymousreply 58October 19, 2021 12:15 AM

Quite honestly, I don’t think men belong on the cover of a woman’s fashion magazine. (Unless it’s something like a lifetime tribute to a fashion designer who happens to be male.) Otherwise, save it for Vanity Fair boys.

by Anonymousreply 59October 19, 2021 12:22 AM

Billy wears some sort of outlandish, gender bending dress outfit to every single red carpet. Good for him, but the shock value of it was over and done with the first time he dressed that way. And now it's his "thing".

Give. It. Up. Already.

by Anonymousreply 60October 19, 2021 12:32 AM

Billy pulls it off better on a high-end level. A level fit for VOGUE.

But what Billy forgets is that VOGUE is desperate for mainstream attention. Attention Harry Styles in a dress can provide.

Billy also forgets that VOGUE is all about pushing fashion trends on the mainstream. Not make a statement about "who wore it better" or "who did it first!".

I find it a bit sad that Billy needs that kind of validation from a magazine in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 61October 19, 2021 12:33 AM

Someone should put VOGUE out of it's misery. It's as used up and exhausting as Billy Porter.

by Anonymousreply 62October 19, 2021 12:33 AM

No one outside New York knows Billy Porter. Harry Styles is an International star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 19, 2021 12:45 AM

I used to work in the magazine world, and it's an understood fact that black people on mag covers don't sell as well as white people.

by Anonymousreply 64October 19, 2021 2:17 AM

R54 You hilarious deluded cunt.

by Anonymousreply 65October 19, 2021 3:08 AM

R64 That may be true but it’s not like Anna Wintour had two mock-ups to choose from, one of Billy and one of Harry. Dresses aside, Harry has been known for his fashion and had campaigns with Gucci, etc.

Billy has a great voice but he is not even close to the level of Vogue and is notoriously difficult to work with. He should call People.

by Anonymousreply 66October 19, 2021 3:25 AM

Who said Harry is straight?

by Anonymousreply 67October 19, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote]Who said Harry is straight?

Ask your woman how straight I am Jason Sudeikis

by Anonymousreply 68October 19, 2021 3:33 AM

[quote]Billy ... is not even close to the level of Vogue and is notoriously difficult to work with. He should call People.

"Thank you for calling 'The Onion,' Vidalia speaking, how may I direct your call?"

by Anonymousreply 69October 19, 2021 3:43 AM

R29

I wouldn't call him Aids face, or mock his status if he hadn't contracted HIV in his forties. And then try to do some stupid 'I'm empowered by this' utter bullshit. Just use a condom, and do not expect us to revel in how marvelous you are, when you cannot even adult yourself in the most simplest of ways.

He gets no parade. he gets no praise. He gets mocked. That is all he deserves, the self obsessed fuckwit.

by Anonymousreply 70October 19, 2021 3:45 AM

How about we start with the FACT that there is no fucking thing as a "gender neutral fashion shoot"!

Huh? How about that!

by Anonymousreply 71October 19, 2021 3:50 AM

I thought Uncle Miltie wore dresses first?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 19, 2021 3:52 AM

why would anyone be bitter over stunt fashion moments? It's all ridiculous. Does Billy think he looks fabulous in his stunt outfits? I thought he was in on the joke.

The pimp with the curtain hat was hilarious but did Billy think it was elegant?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 19, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote]I used to work in the magazine world, and it's an understood fact that black people on mag covers don't sell as well as white people.

Nobody watches the Hallmark Christmas movies with black leads either. They are their lowest rated movies generally.

by Anonymousreply 74October 19, 2021 3:59 AM

He actually doesn't have aids face, he apparently never took those old meds.

by Anonymousreply 75October 19, 2021 4:06 AM

I do wish straights would stay in their own lane.

by Anonymousreply 76October 19, 2021 4:10 AM

David Bowie and Prince wore skirts. This shit isn’t solving world hunger. Dude is deranged.

by Anonymousreply 77October 19, 2021 4:19 AM

Even though I wish it had been ANYONE ELSE but Billy Porter making this point, he does have one. Vogue had an opportunity to acknowledge non-binary style among the African-American gay community. Harry Styles isn’t gay, isn’t non-binary, and is only dressing like this to gain attention. If the goal of Vogue’s cover was to bring attention to non-binary style, this wasn’t it.

On a related note, I think the first male cover model for Vogue should have nothing to do with non-binary shit. It should have been a celebration of actual male style and pose. Get some hot guys looking awesome in expensive clothes and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 78October 19, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote] and is only dressing like this to gain attention.

And Billy Porter ISN'T??

by Anonymousreply 79October 19, 2021 4:25 AM

if you disagree with Billy, you're racist

by Anonymousreply 80October 19, 2021 4:26 AM

Porter, you fucking copycat. Fuck you, asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 19, 2021 4:29 AM

R78 So, white society and white media has to address and change the endless homophobia and hatred of black gay men from within the black community...by putting a black man on the cover of Vogue. Fuck this shit. The black community can work there own shit out, and by trying to make white media and magazines do it is minimizing there issues.

by Anonymousreply 82October 19, 2021 4:36 AM

You just know Billy will be a guest on Joy Reid's show.

by Anonymousreply 83October 19, 2021 4:36 AM

When did people start buying the myth that Harry is straight? He is gay as a goose.

by Anonymousreply 84October 19, 2021 4:41 AM

There, Their, They’re, R82! No need to get overheated and forget how to use correct language when posting to an anonymous online site!

by Anonymousreply 85October 19, 2021 4:45 AM

DL fave Andre Leon Talley, who actually WORKED at Vogue, was a black man wearing dresses when Billy was waiting tables.

by Anonymousreply 86October 19, 2021 4:49 AM

Billy, president Roosevelt would like a word with you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 19, 2021 5:02 AM

[QUOTE] Not true at all. This is just another example of how clueless the industry is. Twenty year old twinks aren't buying Vogue. And aside from that, he has no one else. Billy has a hit TV show and an Emmy award. Hairy Stalls? Not so much.

Harry just got a Grammy aged 27 and Watermelon Sugar is in the top 50 of most streamed songs of all time on Spotify. His album is still on Billboard nearly two years after its release. He's shifted 7m units of it. He outsold Taylor's Lover and Folklore and the Weeknd's After Hours.

He's touring at the moment and has sold out five nights at MSG. Selling 750k of merch every night. HUGE fanbase in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Europe, south and central America. Places Billy Porter, at 52, is unknown. Pose was only shown in the US and England.

Nearly everyone Vogue puts on the cover is in their 20s-mid 30s. Harry is beloved of the demographic they want to buy the magazine (women 18-40).

by Anonymousreply 88October 19, 2021 12:41 PM

I'm going to quote myself:

[quote]Why does a women's fashion magazine even need a gender neutral cover?

Men wearing dresses don't belong on the cover of Vogue of GQ, why not start a new magazine to reach this very niche target demographic?

[italic]While were at it, women don't belong on the cover of GQ and men don't belong on the cover of Vogue unless they're pictured with someone of the opposite sex.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 89October 19, 2021 12:57 PM

* Vogue [bold]or[/bold] GQ ^

by Anonymousreply 90October 19, 2021 12:58 PM

R64 gets his rocks off spouting little racist factoids like this. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2021 2:49 PM

[quote]Harry just got a Grammy aged 27 and Watermelon Sugar is in the top 50 of most streamed songs of all time on Spotify. His album is still on Billboard nearly two years after its release. He's shifted 7m units of it. He outsold Taylor's Lover and Folklore and the Weeknd's After Hours. He's touring at the moment and has sold out five nights at MSG. Selling 750k of merch every night.

R88, is fangurling the fuck out.

The truth is none of this is unique or interesting.

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote] The black community can work there own shit out, and by trying to make white media and magazines do it is minimizing there issues.

Are you calling Vogue a “white magazine”? How many times has Beyoncé been on the cover? Michelle Obama? Rihanna?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 19, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote]Are you calling Vogue a “white magazine”? How many times has Beyoncé been on the cover? Michelle Obama? Rihanna?

Please stop, R93. Their issues have been well documented. They are doing better than they have been in the past but they didn't do well at all up until recently.

Also just because you put a latina on the cover of Vogue doesn't make it a latin magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94October 19, 2021 4:26 PM

Fuck you, Billy or thinking that you were the first man to wear a dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 19, 2021 4:32 PM

Well, since tv commercials have gone pretty much exclusively black, the Vogue models can get a tv gig.

by Anonymousreply 96October 19, 2021 4:33 PM

I don't much mind Billy Porter but he's not one of the firsts, you know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97October 19, 2021 4:53 PM

Sylvester spearheaded the caftan brigade.

by Anonymousreply 98October 19, 2021 5:01 PM

Not the Guardian, R94! I guess that’s me telt!

by Anonymousreply 99October 19, 2021 5:40 PM

Harry Styles is on point with Vogue's demographic. Billy Porter is old and niche.

by Anonymousreply 100October 19, 2021 9:49 PM

Billy Porter is old and LARGELY unknown.

by Anonymousreply 101October 19, 2021 11:15 PM

R73, that outfit is actually nice, and the trick with the hat was kinda cool, but it would look better on someone else. The make-up is jarring.

by Anonymousreply 102October 20, 2021 1:14 AM

That confused Beetlejuice bitch is like a Slinky. Useless, but fun to push down a flight of stairs. Especially in that get up.

by Anonymousreply 103October 20, 2021 1:20 AM

Billy Porter is an awful human.

by Anonymousreply 104October 20, 2021 1:30 AM

[quote]"I created the conversation [about non-binary fashion]..."

Oh really?

Here's Boy George in 1984

(And BG was an actual star. An international star selling millions of records.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105October 20, 2021 1:41 AM

He’s boring and an attention whore.

by Anonymousreply 106October 20, 2021 9:16 PM

The only reason he's complaining is because his stunt queen antics and oversharing didn't get him a cover on Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 107October 21, 2021 5:00 AM

I feel embarrassed for her.

by Anonymousreply 108October 21, 2021 12:18 PM

I have never heard of this person except for the regular datalounge threads that get started.

by Anonymousreply 109October 21, 2021 12:28 PM

Interesting take on Porter…can’t disagree with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110October 21, 2021 12:33 PM

Oh for fucks sake, Billy. Just transition already and Anna will give you your Vogue cover for being SO BRAVE.

by Anonymousreply 111October 21, 2021 12:34 PM

The embodiment of millennial culture: sincerely believing you were the first to do something, thusly changing the world. Complete lack of awareness.

by Anonymousreply 112October 21, 2021 12:44 PM

Isn’t he a boomer?

by Anonymousreply 113October 21, 2021 12:55 PM

Is he the Indian who tries too hard? Its hard to tell with all the glitter and makeup.

by Anonymousreply 114October 21, 2021 1:06 PM

Billy who?

by Anonymousreply 115October 21, 2021 1:17 PM

She is insufferable.

You’re black AND gay AND femme AND poz. We know, we know.

by Anonymousreply 116October 21, 2021 2:26 PM

Billy Porter needs to butch the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 117October 21, 2021 2:28 PM

r112 do you really think Billy Porter is a Millennial?

by Anonymousreply 118October 21, 2021 3:22 PM

[quote] Vogue had an opportunity to acknowledge non-binary style among the African-American gay community.

That is an infinitesimally small fraction of the population. Vogue has a targeted demographic that doesn’t get anywhere near that fraction. They’re supposed to ignore their entire business model to make ten people happy?

by Anonymousreply 119October 21, 2021 5:12 PM

Vogue opened a big can of worms when they put Kim & Kanye on the cover.

by Anonymousreply 120October 21, 2021 5:19 PM

Article at R110:

[quote]. I think Billy should embrace the niche he created for himself and campaign heavily to get Barry Jenkins, Ava Duvernay or Jordan Peele to create, write or produce a James Baldwin biopic and cast him as the lead…which in my opinion is the role he was born to play. Not only that, if Little Richard unfortunately passes away soon, it would be another biopic role he could have in the bag.

Cast as James Baldwin - Hell, No!

Cast as Little Richard - Fuck, No!

Cast as Senator Tim Scott - Bingo!!!!

by Anonymousreply 121October 21, 2021 6:14 PM

The James Baldwin suggestion was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 122October 21, 2021 11:59 PM

James Baldwin was "pretentious intello femme". So I could see Billy.

by Anonymousreply 123October 22, 2021 12:42 AM

James Baldwin was a brilliant man.

by Anonymousreply 124October 22, 2021 12:47 AM

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

OH LOOK! IT'S ME!

WAIT! SOMEONE ELSE! (((OBJECTIFY!!!!)))) HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME

by Anonymousreply 125October 22, 2021 12:47 AM

Insufferable - oh yes.

But, you have to give credit where credit is due. He did really change the landscape on men wearing dresses by wearing that tuxedo dress to the oscars.

by Anonymousreply 126October 22, 2021 12:54 AM

R126, no he didn’t. There aren’t many men wearing dresses instead of tuxedos. There’s been an effort to make menswear more interesting and varied. Nobody can pull off an unconventional suit like a black man. But a dress? That’s rare. I occasionally see a man wearing a skirt or a dress here in NYC, but it’s not some mainstream thing.

I have seen a surprising number of bright toenails on otherwise “manly” men, though.

by Anonymousreply 127October 22, 2021 1:04 AM

Team Harry x 1000 (but I hated the VOGUE cover).

by Anonymousreply 128October 22, 2021 1:11 AM

Men won't wear dresses for fear of being called a Billy Porter.

by Anonymousreply 129October 22, 2021 2:06 AM

[quote]R126], no he didn’t. There aren’t many men wearing dresses instead of tuxedos. There’s been an effort to make menswear more interesting and varied. Nobody can pull off an unconventional suit like a black man. But a dress? That’s rare. I occasionally see a man wearing a skirt or a dress here in NYC, but it’s not some mainstream thing

No one is suggesting that he's made it mainstream.

What I'm suggesting is that he pushed the envelope which ultimately put Styles in a dress on the cover to be edgy, accepting, diverse, or whatever was the absurd reason they did it. He made it en vogue enough to be in Vogue.

He gets credit for wearing a dress at a high profile event (and blame, as well).

by Anonymousreply 130October 22, 2021 3:36 AM

Huh?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 22, 2021 3:39 AM

Bitch is never satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 132October 22, 2021 12:06 PM

I guess he went after VOGUE because ESSENCE was probably not gonna tolerate his BS.

by Anonymousreply 133October 22, 2021 12:14 PM

Porter's bs def won't fly at JET.

by Anonymousreply 134October 22, 2021 12:34 PM

Billy Porter wants to be the girl with the most cake.

by Anonymousreply 135October 22, 2021 12:54 PM

At least Styles doesn't brag about his achievements. He's had some world firsts with 1d and as a soloist but you never hear him mentioning them.

His Vogue cover was cropped above the waist and he wore a blazer, so all you saw of the dress was the blue ruched bodice. He got there by charming yet another older lady, as he did with Stevie Nicks. He's cat nip to these grand dames in their 70s.

Currently, 37 year old Olivia Wilde has him in thrall and is devastating his fandom by being papped in his TPWK hoodie .

by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2021 1:54 PM

You rarely hear Styles say anything r136, because he very rarely talks. His strategy is to keep quiet, not to spout of with his opinions every 5 minutes and only do publicity when he has something to publicise. That's a clever strategy as it means he can appear mysterious and interesting and gives him that star mystique, despite the fact he's bland and of limited talent, and it also means he can avoid saying stupid things.

I wish we could go back to the days when more celebrities were like this.

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2021 2:08 PM

If they create a new magazine called THIRST, Billy Porter would be a shoo-in for the cover.

by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2021 3:20 PM

Time to create a #gosendme account for Billy Porter. To which country would you emigrate, Billy, it's on us.

But seriously, maybe he'd be happier living and performing abroad. Picture Porter in a banana skirt.

by Anonymousreply 139October 22, 2021 4:03 PM

Billy Porter should STFU and be gone.

by Anonymousreply 140October 22, 2021 4:15 PM

Has his agent called Vogue Uganda? They love the man who eat the poopoo.

by Anonymousreply 141October 23, 2021 1:02 AM

I don't see him as James Baldwin. I see him more ideally cast as Mother Jefferson.

by Anonymousreply 142October 23, 2021 1:21 AM

Billy Porter's destiny is to star in a STARZ original biopic of Whitman Mayo.

He will be particularly brilliant recreating Grady's scenes from Sanford & Son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 23, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote] This is just another example of how clueless the industry is. Twenty year old twinks aren't buying Vogue. And aside from that, he has no one else. Billy has a hit TV show and an Emmy award. Hairy Stalls? Not so much.

Vogue is about setting trends and about the Zeitgeist. Let's consider for a second that Porter is part of the conversation, what else should factor in the decision? Obviously popularity. Let's compare him with the last two viral sensations on the cover of Vogue, shall we?

Billie Eilish has 98.8 Million followers, Harry styles has 40.1 Million and Billy Porter 2.2 Million. One Direction 22.7 Million, so add that to Harry's.

Most people in the world know the first two, even my grandpa knows the tunes to What Makes You Beautiful and Bad Guy.

If Porter had congratulated Harry on his "brave cover", instead of being a sore loser, he'd be considered in the future, but ego is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 144October 29, 2021 5:45 PM

He should have just said that Harry looks shit in a dress (he does).

by Anonymousreply 145October 29, 2021 5:51 PM

R144 About half of Billy Eyelash's followers are men who are transfixed by her massive tits.

by Anonymousreply 146October 29, 2021 6:09 PM

The picture in the OP looks like Pork done stole one of Mizz Scarlett's dresses.

by Anonymousreply 147October 30, 2021 6:28 AM

One thing that bugs me about him is he almost never smiles in his photos now. He takes himself SOOOOOO sucking seriously.

"Being a self-appointed icon of genderfuidity is completely grim business!"

by Anonymousreply 148October 30, 2021 6:38 AM

At this stage, Porter will get a Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover before he'll get the cover of Vogue.

by Anonymousreply 149October 31, 2021 2:54 PM

The most appropriate Porter cover. He looks like he belongs on this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 31, 2021 3:18 PM

Someone needs to tell Miss Porter that Pose ended production and she can go back to dressing like a man.

This dressing as a non binary shit is getting old.

by Anonymousreply 151October 31, 2021 3:22 PM

Someone needs to tell Miss Porter that he isn't C.Z. Guest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 31, 2021 3:27 PM

Does he really think the public takes him seriously? Please let Billy Porter in on the fact that he's the butt of a cultural joke.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 153November 5, 2021 12:54 AM

He is right though. People need to stop applauding milquetoast people like Harry Styles for doing what Bowie was doing nearly 60 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 154November 5, 2021 1:01 AM

What about me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 5, 2021 12:39 PM

The powers that be put Mr. Porter back in her place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 5, 2021 1:05 PM

[quote]"The conversation is actually deeper than that. It is about the systems of oppression and erasure of people of color who contribute to the culture. Now, that's a lot to unpack. I'm willing to unpack it, sans the dragging and cancel culture of the internet, because I do not now, nor will ever, adjudicate my life or humanity in sound bites on social media. So when you're ready to have the real conversation, call a bitch. OK? I'm ready to have it!"

Listen to this bitch, like he's the President of the United States or something. Bitch, you were an unknown NY actor for decades and then gained some notoriety for basically being a minstrel show. You're still not very well-known outside of certain niche audiences. Sit the fuck down and shut up.

by Anonymousreply 157November 5, 2021 2:57 PM

"...adjudicate my life or humanity..."

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 158November 5, 2021 3:00 PM

Casey Spooner is so fun. He hit on me at Horse Meat Disco at World Pride 2019.

by Anonymousreply 159November 5, 2021 3:30 PM

R159 - Yowsah!

by Anonymousreply 160November 5, 2021 3:31 PM

The hypocrisy of Billy Porter criticizing a “white and straight” man, when all he himself wants to be is white and straight, is deliciously rich.

by Anonymousreply 161November 6, 2021 12:43 PM

Billy would love to look like Harry Styles and sell out five nights at MSG in one month.

by Anonymousreply 162November 8, 2021 5:32 PM

Billy Porter wants to be the girl with the most cake.

by Anonymousreply 163November 8, 2021 5:35 PM

As long as the public thinks all gay guys are screaming queens like Billy Boy, it's easy for us not to come out.

by Anonymousreply 164November 8, 2021 5:35 PM

To be fair, being a hide in plain sight closet case like Harry doesn’t help the community either.

by Anonymousreply 165November 8, 2021 7:02 PM

go away billy....jus leave now...

by Anonymousreply 166November 9, 2021 12:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!