Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adele gets CBS special hosted by OPRAH!

OPRAH! ADELE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 16, 2021 3:36 AM

if Oprah's there, that means Meghan and Harry will make a guest appearance singing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough."

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 3:59 PM

Will there be bread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 4:15 PM

BEES!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 4:17 PM

What?!

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 4:19 PM

Orca the kween of useless talks

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 4:29 PM

Wha... wha... wha - but, like, I can do a Part II.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 4:30 PM

No, Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 4:32 PM

Damn Megan Markle really set off the psychopath contingent. They can not let her go. She has left the UK and is now a multimillionaire living the dream.

But maybe if you trash her a few more times, you will magically go off the government dole and get yourself a job and you’ll be successful too!

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 4:42 PM

There are a million other threads to discuss Meghan/BRF and this thread is not about either one of those things.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 4:50 PM

Ugh. I don't want lavish, high glam affairs on mountain tops, with celebrity guests, and interviews from Oprah's rose garden, from our Tottenham princess, Adele. These very LA things are not what people respond to about her. I get that she's lost a lot of weight, is surely feeling herself, and wants to have her Streisand moment, but it's all just so off-putting coming from her. She doesn't need to make this kind of grand statement about how she's that bitch, because she already is that bitch. She could have done zero promotion for this new album, and released it with no advance warning, and the same amount of people would clamor for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2021 1:02 PM

Hello fatties!

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2021 1:07 PM

Will Oprah ask Adele how racist the BRF are?

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2021 1:44 PM

Maybe we will find out which royal asked Adele how dark her baby's skin will be.

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2021 1:45 PM

I'm assuming the Adele special starring Oorah Winfrey will be all about Oprah saying how much Adele means to her, right? It's the same thing Oprah with her Mary Tyler Moore "tribute."

by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2021 1:46 PM

I do think Oprah will pump Adele for info about her weight loss, she is always interested in that.

I don’t think any of this stuff is Adele going “too LA.” She’s always been into big-time glamour: gowns for her tours, huge-ass eyelashes, tons of makeup, and BIG hair and nails, going back to her very first album. If anything I think people view her differently as a thin woman who loves those things, whereas fat Adele was just accepted as a classic diva.

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2021 1:53 PM

Guys, go easy on Adele. When she made all her mistakes she was still a child. She didn't get the chance to feeeeeeeeelllllll the world around. She ha not time to choose what she chose. So, go easy on her. :(

by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2021 2:00 PM

It gives me no pleasure to say this, but I've grown very tired of Adele. She doesn't have the kind of personality that stands up to constant exposure. She's just not that interesting.

by Anonymousreply 17November 11, 2021 2:33 PM

Despite what she may think, Oprah Winfrey is not the Queen of America.

by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2021 2:36 PM

Nobody hates like DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2021 2:39 PM

🤥Your caftan is on fire, r17.

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2021 2:45 PM

R17 Adele was never really all that interesting. I file her with a few others under Restoration Hardware music - faux distressed and aged but still as sterile and boring as a lump of nothingness.

by Anonymousreply 21November 11, 2021 2:47 PM

Love Adele....Oprah is a snake oil salesperson.

by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2021 2:49 PM

Adele has become like Beyonce in that everything she shits out is lauded as being amazing, perfect, and groundbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 23November 11, 2021 2:55 PM

I’ve yet to hear her new song. I hope to keep it that way. I find her music very formulaic and boring

by Anonymousreply 24November 11, 2021 2:59 PM

She's such a basic bitch.

BBBBBBBBASIC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 11, 2021 3:03 PM

I wonder if Adele will give Oprah any gastric tips.

by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2021 3:08 PM

The new song is so underwhelming

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2021 3:14 PM

I’m not watching some product placement ad especially from Oprah, the Sussex tool.

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2021 3:18 PM

But it's currently #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, cunt @R27.

by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2021 3:19 PM

Her new song did half the streaming numbers that Ariana Grande does, and even her pure sales were well below Ariana's. Adele is primarily an albums artist, so it will be interesting to see how well the new album does compared to the last two.

by Anonymousreply 30November 11, 2021 3:20 PM

Is ORCA gonna try to "EAT ADELE'S DIRTY COCK-FILLED CLAM"??

Is GAYle gonna watch ORCA eat Adele's dirty snatch, and thrust her fingers in and out of her ORCA smelling PUSSY?

by Anonymousreply 31November 11, 2021 3:27 PM

This is very powerful frau catnip. Estra estra strength!

by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2021 3:29 PM

They bought a wide-angle lens from our shop.

by Anonymousreply 33November 11, 2021 3:32 PM

What R32 said. This is a highly formulated, intensely potent dose of frau bait. If I were a national advertiser who wanted to sell ANYTHING to women, I'd buy the entire block of time.

I think people related more to the imperfect Adele. I've never gotten the hype around her but that first album really was amazing and she deserves the praise. But she's nothing all that unique. Her latest album sounds exactly like the last. High pitches, rollercoaster belt-outs, accentuated by the insertion of the trademark yodeling embedded into every stanza. It's great driving music. It's also good for squeezing out a tear or two on those emo days when you're cleaning the house or sitting around alone dabbling in the sads. It's chick music. And that's cool I guess. But nothing that hasn't been done. And when you go pound for pound, (no pun intended) an artist like Taylor Swift has leaps and bounds more talent then Adele, even if she lacks the powerful voice. Adele doesn't write most of her stuff. She plays no instruments nor does she get highly involved into the producing. She's a product rolled out with great success, but still with a predictable shelf-life.

In the end, this may be seen as her peak, with a downward trajectory from here on out, at least for a while. The fatty-fat-fat that all the gals loved relating to has now gone super-glam. She's emboldened to put her beauty and wealth front and center. Shown in nearly every video, magazine and story as living in high-elegance, wearing dramatic gowns or shown in ethereal white fabrics, or power-outfits with the most perfect hair, makeup and nails, as she did in her most recent video. The fans may like that, but they're losing that personal connection by the day.

by Anonymousreply 34November 11, 2021 4:09 PM

I eat cooze.

by Anonymousreply 35November 11, 2021 4:10 PM

We don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 36November 11, 2021 4:33 PM

R34 To be fair, she does co-write everything she does that isn’t a cover, and plays the guitar, just like Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 37November 11, 2021 4:47 PM

She comes across as entitled like Meghan Markle, which is funny because they both come from working class backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 38November 11, 2021 9:03 PM

You're either being fucking ridiculous or you're on the wrong thread, r38.

by Anonymousreply 39November 12, 2021 3:51 AM

Finally we will hear Adele’s TRUTH.

by Anonymousreply 40November 12, 2021 5:42 AM

Did Adele's family cut her off too?

Did they take away her passport, keep her locked up and not let her go out?

Does she have a blackish baby?

by Anonymousreply 41November 12, 2021 5:48 AM

Adele is this generation's Celine Dion, only that she lacks Dion's powerful voice and dynamic stage presence. And despite how bombastic Dion's music was at the time, it never bored me. I can't say the same about Adele's latest output.

Her newest song is an absolute snoozefest. I see no growth with her as an artist. She sticks to playing it safe because she knows her frau fanbase eats up her turgid AC crap like there's no tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 42November 12, 2021 5:52 AM

Oprah really wants to talk about food with her.

by Anonymousreply 43November 12, 2021 6:04 AM

Fuck tjin Adele, the traitor.

by Anonymousreply 44November 12, 2021 6:07 AM

R25 the lip plumping is so unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 45November 13, 2021 5:17 AM

I’m loving this. I don’t think she’s changed at all. I just wish she was singing more new songs!

by Anonymousreply 46November 15, 2021 1:38 AM

But what about her miscarriage?

by Anonymousreply 47November 15, 2021 1:46 AM

Interesting. Oprah hooking her wagon to Adele, doesn't she know ALL English people are Racist?

by Anonymousreply 48November 15, 2021 1:46 AM

Adele is boring as hell who would watch this?

by Anonymousreply 49November 15, 2021 1:48 AM

Klan Granny at R48 - can’t you scamper back to one of the 50,000 royal family threads?

by Anonymousreply 50November 15, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote]One Night Only!

Do you promise?

by Anonymousreply 51November 15, 2021 1:52 AM

Why isn’t DL making more of the audience? Spotted: Tyler Perry, Ellen DeGeneres, James Corden, Melissa McCarthy, Dwayne and Gabrielle, Seth Rogan, Gayle King, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Lizzo, Aaron Paul, Nicole Ritchie…

by Anonymousreply 52November 15, 2021 2:06 AM

I spotted Gordon Ramsey and Leo

by Anonymousreply 53November 15, 2021 2:10 AM

Watching now. And wow! That voice, her styling, that setting….it’s all spectacular. Wonderful production.

by Anonymousreply 54November 15, 2021 2:11 AM

Oprah looks good.

by Anonymousreply 55November 15, 2021 2:18 AM

In other news, R55, Shamu Jr. looks good. And so does Medusa.

Check the latter one out, please.

by Anonymousreply 56November 15, 2021 2:20 AM

Oprah really does look good. As does that glorious garden.

Is Adele being able to deadlift 160 lbs a lot?

by Anonymousreply 57November 15, 2021 2:25 AM

I will be sitting in the front row, right next to O.

by Anonymousreply 58November 15, 2021 2:26 AM

Geez Oprah's rose garden. Chicanery really pays, doesn't it? Adele sounds great - I actually think her songs are better than Celine's, but Celine has the crazy voice (much like Streisand/Whitney and their pablum, carried by pure vocal quality). I was curious to see if the weight was necessary as a sound board, but I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 59November 15, 2021 2:29 AM

I love “Love is a Game,” a throwback! The slow one she sang a couple songs back was zzz.

by Anonymousreply 60November 15, 2021 2:29 AM

Adele sounds really good. She's not the most exciting, but I get her appeal.

by Anonymousreply 61November 15, 2021 2:31 AM

Two hours of Adele and Oprah?

Jesus fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 62November 15, 2021 2:31 AM

The one thing I like about Celine Dion is that she is better known for her ballads, but she always brings the bops. Unison, Love Can Move Mountains, Misled, etc. Why can't Adele loosen up? She takes no risks and is so boring. The template for each album is the same and it's grown stale. Why not do an electro song or just do something with a quicker tempo?

by Anonymousreply 63November 15, 2021 2:34 AM

Anyway, I'm enjoying it on PVR, but I need something a bit more interesting. This will make good background noise for when I'm doing something else. Good for her though.

by Anonymousreply 64November 15, 2021 2:35 AM

That last song was a knockout.

by Anonymousreply 65November 15, 2021 2:36 AM

@r30 why lie? Adele broke every streaming record with Easy on Me. Ariana has never come close. Feel free to hate, but don’t pull some trump Ian for news r30

by Anonymousreply 66November 15, 2021 3:21 AM

"Geez Oprah's rose garden."

Now she can write her home off as a business expense.

by Anonymousreply 67November 15, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote] Adele broke every streaming record with Easy on Me. Ariana has never come close.

You're wrong. Adele didn't even come close.

Biggest streaming week for a female song in U.S History (reported by billboard):

#1 Thank U, Next - 93.8M

#10 Easy on my - 53.9M

by Anonymousreply 68November 15, 2021 3:43 AM

R15

[quote] She’s always been into big-time glamour: gowns for her tours, huge-ass eyelashes, tons of makeup, and BIG hair and nails, going back to her very first album. If anything I think people view her differently as a thin woman who loves those things, whereas fat Adele was just accepted as a classic diva.

“Huge-ass eyelashes, tons of makeup, BIG hair and nails” it’s not “classic diva,” it’s TOWIE.

by Anonymousreply 69November 15, 2021 3:55 AM

I wonder how the fat-again Melissa McCarthy and Lizzo felt about being plopped in the front row as contrast to the newly svelte Adele.

It really wasn't subtle placement. I can only guess Chrissy Metz turned down the offer.

by Anonymousreply 70November 15, 2021 4:31 AM

Easy on me has been a flop in the US.

by Anonymousreply 71November 15, 2021 7:22 AM

“Easy on Me” is lazy and boring, but will be played in grocery stores, malls, and elevators for decades and make the ex-fattie millions.

by Anonymousreply 72November 15, 2021 7:35 AM

So tired of Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 73November 15, 2021 7:37 AM

R73 - I’m usually a cunt (just like you) but I actually miss Oprah desperately. Coming home to watch her 4pm talk show after school was the highlight of my day. I still fondly remember the episode about a woman leaving her baby in a locked car on a scorching hot day, or the swinger couples episodes, the men that were molested by their scout master or priest episode, or the gay husband episode. Oprah was television gold for this gayling. Now when I see her on this special, set in her own multimillion dollar rose garden, looking like a goddess, I am struck by her own power and fame.

by Anonymousreply 74November 15, 2021 7:48 AM

I liked her better when she was fat.

by Anonymousreply 75November 15, 2021 7:55 AM

I like Adele but those new songs were really, really dull. Like fast forward them dull. The melodies were just so blah. I hope I change my mind once I hear them on the record.

But she sounded just great. And she can be off live from time to time. Not tonight.

by Anonymousreply 76November 15, 2021 7:56 AM

R74 Mary!!!

by Anonymousreply 77November 15, 2021 8:03 AM

I like Adele a lot, but she really should have kept her divorce off the record. Okay, maybe one or two songs, but this tedious travelogue diary album-ful is so dreary.

by Anonymousreply 78November 15, 2021 8:07 AM

I was concerned, but I quite enjoyed it. She's in her best ever voice. Very few current singers, if any, are bringing live vocals like that. Granted, the bar is very low, but still. She also looked great. The setting was lovely. No I didn't need the Oprah interludes, but I thought she handled herself well, and came off as genuine and likable. I also definitely didn't need to watch the rich white people "going off" during Rolling In The Deep. Good GOD. However, I really did like Hold On. Some very good lyrics in there. I Drink Wine is good until the chorus, which seems a bit banal. Love Is A Game is nice, but it sounds so Motown, that it could be on the verge of copyright infringement. I'm kind of excited about the new record after this.

by Anonymousreply 79November 15, 2021 11:56 AM

Love is a Game is about to be everywhere this winter, in the grand tradition of gorgeous-sounding, orchestral, rich-voiced holiday ballads about loneliness and pain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 15, 2021 1:03 PM

Her ex-husband was one of the people sitting in the front row at the concert. I’m not sure how you maintain such a good relationship after your ex writes a worldwide hit record about not being happy with you, but good for them.

by Anonymousreply 81November 15, 2021 1:10 PM

R81 - “I’m not sure how you maintain such a good relationship with your ex……”

Were you born yesterday? He’s in on it. This whole narrative of her quick marriage, child, and divorce is sleazy Hollywood, doing what they do best. The fact that she’s extremely likeable, lost 100 pounds, and is now looking more like a gorgeous model than the fat girl singer, was all in their scheming plans.

by Anonymousreply 82November 15, 2021 1:17 PM

Opera = thirsty, so thirsty

by Anonymousreply 83November 15, 2021 1:22 PM

Symphony = hungry, so hungry

by Anonymousreply 84November 15, 2021 1:24 PM

I had to laugh at O not-so-subtly mentioning her tea house with a gratuitous long shot of her exquisite estate.

by Anonymousreply 85November 15, 2021 1:27 PM

Her songs are a steady diet of maudlin crapola.

by Anonymousreply 86November 15, 2021 1:34 PM

Were the Harkles not there as special guests of Oprah????

by Anonymousreply 87November 15, 2021 1:36 PM

[quote] Were the Harkles not there as special guests of Oprah????

Seriously, there are at least five royal family threads open at the moment, can’t you freaks please stay there with the incessant whining about Meghan Markle?

by Anonymousreply 88November 15, 2021 1:38 PM

Like Star Wars, this can be avoided.

by Anonymousreply 89November 15, 2021 2:08 PM

Oprah couldn’t get her to admit that Cauliflower Pizza was the cause of her weight loss?

by Anonymousreply 90November 15, 2021 2:28 PM

[quote]“I’m not sure how you maintain such a good relationship with your ex……”

$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 91November 15, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote] Easy on me has been a flop in the US.

I don't know about sales but it's 3 weeks at number one on Billboard.

I didn't like the song much when I first heard it but it kind of grows on you.

by Anonymousreply 92November 15, 2021 3:10 PM

I have never seen the huge appeal of Adele or her music.

I doubt I ever will.

by Anonymousreply 93November 15, 2021 3:14 PM

When was this filmed? It would have been fun to hear in the distance from a hike.

by Anonymousreply 94November 15, 2021 3:20 PM

She still has fat arms

by Anonymousreply 95November 15, 2021 4:02 PM

With advanced warning I could have placed myself there lol. It'd be easy to secure the Observatory. On the weekend, a lot of tourists and car arrivals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 15, 2021 4:11 PM

I had always been pretty indifferent about Adele, neither hated her nor liked her, some of her music is okay so I decided to check out the special. I think I lasted about 20-25 minutes and I hated her personality and a little of her music went a long way. I know she has her devoted fans and I am glad for you that you got to enjoy her but I went from indifferent to dislike.

by Anonymousreply 97November 15, 2021 4:26 PM

I thought she came across as arrogant in the Oprah interview. I feel like she and Oprah didn't like each other too much.

Meghan Markle was sweet and personable by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 98November 15, 2021 4:32 PM

I cringe when "someone like you" comes on the radio now. In fact I cringe when any of her crap comes on now. At 1st I liked her as she was diferent than most of the garbage put out now,but after all this glamazon transformation I just dont like her.

by Anonymousreply 99November 15, 2021 5:08 PM

Can anybody who watched that mess tell us if Adele finally owned-up to having gastric bypass surgery? If she's gonna go on and on about how hard she's been working on her body, then it's incumbent upon her to admit what everyone knows, but she needs to stop deflecting and skirting it. Own up to it.

Has she spoken about her weight loss surgery?

by Anonymousreply 100November 15, 2021 5:49 PM

I mean, all this bullshit Oprah'izing about "owning my truth" and "Living for me"..... Well, back that shit up. Why hide the fact that you "owned" having weight loss surgery?

by Anonymousreply 101November 15, 2021 5:50 PM

Why is impossible to lose a hundred pounds in 2 years without having surgery/.

by Anonymousreply 102November 15, 2021 5:52 PM

Adele claimed she lost all the fat due to an addiction to working out, as a distraction from her chaotic life. We all know she’s a liar, and had gastric bypass surgery performed by a specialist in a luxurious Swiss surgical suite.

by Anonymousreply 103November 15, 2021 5:55 PM

Her new songs were all good. It's crazy how beautiful she is. She has always looked iconic with makeup on. I wasn't going to buy the new album, but will now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104November 15, 2021 6:22 PM

No quicker tempo R63. Have you ever listened to hymns on the piano? That's the well that Addie goes to every time.

by Anonymousreply 105November 15, 2021 6:38 PM

Adele is really funny, I think those of you saying she is boring have never even seen her speak

by Anonymousreply 106November 15, 2021 7:20 PM

Watch this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 15, 2021 7:25 PM

[quote] I thought she came across as arrogant in the Oprah interview. I feel like she and Oprah didn't like each other too much.

Adele isn’t one bit eloquent or self-reflective when she’s talking and not writing music, she even remarked on this last night. Oprah likes when her guests use concise or poetic turns of phrase that sum up something or cut to the heart of their personality, so Oprah can do an Aha Moment. Even when Adele was talking about drinking too much, and Oprah was pushing her to say she was an alcoholic like her father, Adele was more like “Ahh yah, I luv me wine, innit.” This is why I don’t get when people say Adele has changed. She hasn’t started putting on airs and graces, or whatever. You could see Oprah thinking, this one isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer…

by Anonymousreply 108November 15, 2021 7:41 PM

Why is my friend Oprah spending time with that all white British bitch?

by Anonymousreply 109November 15, 2021 8:00 PM

So, Oprah’s a PR tool now?

by Anonymousreply 110November 15, 2021 8:05 PM

[quote] But it's currently #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, cunt R27

Plenty of shitty songs reach # 1. In fact most songs the past 10 years that reached # 1 have been shit

by Anonymousreply 111November 15, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote]Easy on me has been a flop in the US.

[quote]it's currently #1 on the Billboard Hot 100

And in fact, this is Easy on Me's fourth week at #1.

by Anonymousreply 112November 16, 2021 2:55 AM

[quote] Nobody hates like DataLounge.

I resent that.

by Anonymousreply 113November 16, 2021 3:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!