Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: "Blue skies smiling at me!"

This view from Central Park South could be yours "everyday, everynight".

What say you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2021 12:39 AM

A view of a beige ersatz lux windowless guest bathroom?

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 1:52 AM

4.3 million and zero outdoor space? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 1:53 AM

Hint: Watch the video!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 1:59 AM

Junior Boi needs to keep his day job. That was embarrassing. But I really love the apt. It doesn’t come furnished so you can decorate to your own taste. Beige is like a blank slate to work with.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 2:05 AM

Perfect for a 75-year-old woman.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 2:06 AM

Odd floorpan. What looks like the master bedroom is off the living room.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 2:08 AM

$4.3 Million and no central air??? And yes, it looks like Cindy Adams lived there.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 2:10 AM

Oh its a total gut job,but those views are superb ! Those hideous windows need changing stat ,but theres no denying the appeal of them. Im not one to say "Gut it all!" but other than the foyer and one or two other rooms it is just awful.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 2:13 AM

It's oppressive. Could the ceilings be any lower? It looks like an apartment built in a mid-century hospital for the chief of staff. I think very small very old jewish people might be comfortable eating take out in this apartment.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 2:14 AM

Too much kitchen for people who probably never cook

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 3:10 AM

Really wonky floor plan.

The dining room is more of an eat-in kitchen and even at that is narrow, there's no powder room, or den/library, no central air-conditioning, and the re-purposed maid's room off the kitchen is missing a bathroom. 4 million+ bucks for ONE public room that doesn't have a bird's eye view of the dishes in your sink? No fucking way!

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 5:46 AM

Over $4M for this, which looks like the living room in a 1970s trailer, only with lower ceilings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 5:51 AM

No real master bedroom, bedroom off the living room. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 5:58 AM

R12 - I can picture the Widow McNulty settling in with her tea and throw blanket to watch the sordid stories on As the World Turns.

As far as the insane real estate prices of NYC -- don't worry. They'll drop like a rock as soon as the next terrorist attack strikes. No one will want to live in an American Chernobyl.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 11:52 AM

[quote]Oh its a total gut job

I'm with you. It looks like a deluxe Barbie house from the mid 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 12:58 PM

The building is really ugly. It was built in 1961, the year after Imperial House was built using the same oppressive dimensions. Those buildings were cheaply built, a far cry from the sturdy quality of just a couple of decades earlier.

You can see there was a 12 x 7-foot balcony which has been enclosed to the west where the pretty views are. I guess there is always a chance a developer will want that site to build a supertall on, which if so means not a bad investment.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 1:22 PM

[quote] I guess there is always a chance a developer will want that site to build a supertall on, which if so means not a bad investment.

You can’t buy a co-op building. You’d have to buy each unit and there’d always be hold-outs.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2021 1:27 PM

Maybe it's different in NYC, but I thought condos were singly owned units while co-ops were shares in the corporation (building) purchased. That's how it is here in Florida. If that's the same for NYC, then buying a co-op would be like a hostile takeover of a corporation -- shareholder by shareholder.

Furthermore, many co-ops (and even condos) have strict vetting policies for new owners. It can be a nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2021 10:18 PM

Eh. That's a lot of money to have to redo the whole interior. Where's the balcony?

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2021 10:38 PM

That bathroom is too stunning-looking to have a roll of toilet paper hanging in it. The owner should be required to substitute using that with a bidet. Or if it's Chrissy Metz who purchases it, then a filet.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2021 11:16 PM

[quote]This view from Central Park South could be yours "everyday, everynight".

Not with 6 fucking grand in maintenance fees every month it wont!

The ceilings are low, and although the interior details are quite nice the colours are bland bland bland. Easily fixed though. Its not a bad place, just the running costs are excessive. Some the furniture its been staged with is actually nicer than the place itself, which is unusual, more often its the other way round

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2021 12:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!