Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rose McGowan is now going after Eli Roth`

Sheesh. Is there anyone who hasn't wronged her? Raped her? Paid her pennies? Made her screen-test three times?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2021 8:48 AM

Scream sucks I hate that movie.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 1:15 AM

Can't her parents just smother her? She's clearly suffering and needs to be put out of her misery.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 1:28 AM

I remember before all this stuff with her came out she was on Illeana Douglas' podcast.

She was so arrogant. Talking about how once she joined Charmed it became SO popular and it just went on and on and on much to her dismay because I guess in her mind she was so liked.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 1:30 AM

Does she like anybody? Does she like anything? I get Hollywood can be a horrible place but I can't imagine every experience was so horrible.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 1:32 AM

What's wrong with what she said? Roth didn't do his research when making his docuseries. She's also not a fan of his movies which is her opinion. And a non-controversial one at that. He's not everyone's cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 1:33 AM

If she’s right, she’s right

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 1:36 AM

Roth is a total homophobe anyway, so I hope she ruins him.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 1:49 AM

Rose is truly the most persecuted woman to ever walk the face of the planet. Holocaust victims, starving children, and slaves in the antebellum South have nothing on her. Her victimisation by everyone has simply been relentless. Light a candle for her please and maybe venmo her some cash. Or maybe shave your head in her honor. It's the least you could do.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 1:49 AM

R7 she's a homophobe as well

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 1:50 AM

I mean, I don't care much for Rose McGowan these days, but she was fantastic as Tatum in Scream. She balanced out Sidney's interior life as her sweet, but sarcastic best friend and Dewey's sister and delivered some much needed sassiness that none of the other characters could do (Gayle delivered the fun bitchiness, but that was different), softening up the film a little. And she was so cute back then. She also had arguably the most memorable death scene after Drew. Like the rest of the cast, she should have been paid what she was worth in that film. Also, Eli Roth is actually a terrible filmmaker.

I'm sorry she had those horrible things happen to her which have hardened her soul. But, her awful choices/alliances today are inexplicable and make her so intolerable. She seems like she's passed the point of no return.

But as R6 says, "when she's right, she's right."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 2:03 AM

Good - his movies are garbage

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 2:05 AM

Team Rose on this one

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 2:06 AM

Well, she was an attractive young actress working in the cesspool of Hollywood. I'm sure she has to deal with a lot of shit.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 2:10 AM

She’s so ANGRY.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 2:22 AM

Someone on Twitter replied to her, stating that Eli Roth did not actually mention her at all.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 2:25 AM

It's okay for her to correct the narrative on that. She was great as Tatum and gave a performance that few people of that generation have forgotten.

She should have checked to make sure he said what that person said was said.

As for Eli Roth, he's a homophobe and he's gross.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 2:29 AM

I love Scream, favorite movie since I was 10.

Absolutely love Tatum. She was the ultimate best friend.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2021 2:41 AM

Also side bar. Why did Tatum have two double beds in her room?

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2021 2:42 AM

Why is Eli Roth a homophobe? I don’t know much about him so I’m just curious.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2021 2:58 AM

Once again, rose worked with another "horribly abusive man" and rose said NOTHING at the time. And nothing in the decades since

Who else's secrets has rose been keeping? How many women were abused/raped over the decades because rose chose to take money and keep her mouth shut?

how many rapists has rose colluded with?

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2021 3:29 AM

Is this chick always on?

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2021 3:32 AM

Are people calling her a homophobe because she dated a trans man? I don't recall her saying anything homophobic ever.

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2021 4:00 AM

[quote]What's wrong with what she said? Roth didn't do his research when making his docuseries

Wrong, R5. Roth's docu made no such claim.

One specific twitter person made the claim. Rose replied to what one twitter user said as if it was said by Eli Roth. It wasn't. The twitter person literally said "I was just watching Eli Roth's..... WHICH REMINDED ME of the fact...."

So then Rose goes off on Eli Roth for some reason when he had nothing to do with Scream or what the twitter person was "reminded of."

She's off the rails. I hope somebody can get thru to her before it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2021 4:18 AM

I used to like Rose, but she needs to STFU. I love Eli Roth and he is hung extra thick. He's not married and is known for bi MFM 3ways. His movies are scary and fun. Scream was good but it hasn't aged that well.

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2021 5:38 AM

Why does anybody pay attention to this woman?

by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2021 5:40 AM

[quote]Scream was good but it hasn't aged that well.

I watched it a week ago. I thought it actually has aged just fine. Sure, there are some references that are dated. But, as a film, it's still full of jolts and its gruesomeness is shocking. The story flows along at quite a clip, and the dialogue is snappy and clever. Everyone was perfectly cast.

The three sequels--while they all have their strong points--aren't as strong, for sure.

Scream is still the most popular slasher film from the last 35 years. And Empire recently rated it the third best horror film of all time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2021 5:56 AM

Eli Roth is hot. Rose McGowan is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2021 6:28 AM

R23 People who use the word "literally" unnecessarily are abnormal.

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2021 11:19 AM

For all her tut tutting, wasn't Rose a home wrecker? Didn't she fuck some "happily" married producer of the Grind House series and break up his family?

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2021 2:17 AM

^ To be fair, the Liberal backed patriarchy made her do it.

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2021 2:20 AM

[quote]People who use the word "literally" unnecessarily are abnormal.

I used it correctly and for spice, not unnecessarily for anyone who can read for context, R28.

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2021 2:41 AM

I believe Eli! Always believe men! #ibelievehim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2021 7:17 AM

I worry for her welfare. She sold her Hollywood home that she loved for $2m, allegedly so she can pay legal fees to go after Epstein. When you sell your home to do that, things aren’t going well.

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2021 7:50 AM

Eli Roth is one of those people who always look like they probably have a dirty butt.

I'm not a fan of his movies. Is he actually a homophobe, or does he use homophobic language in his movies the way Tarantino is always using racial slurs - like as a kind of callback to the types of movies that made them when they were growing up. Roth does seem to REALLY love horror, I've heard him talk about some of his favourites, and I think it's a shame that he doesn't actually make more pastiches of the type of movie he likes, because they might be more enjoyable (for me anyway, he loves some Eurohorror).

R10's post is perfect, really. One thing I will add is, no one has to like some of the things that come out of Rose's mouth, but I do wonder why there ever isn't even just a touch of sympathy, or and understanding that maybe suffering sexual abuse is the type of thing that will unhinge someone (if she is indeed unhinged, I don't pay much attention to her, to be honest).

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2021 8:40 AM

Roth is a vile piece of shit, he's a racist and a homophobe, and he's rumored to be a sex pest as well.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2021 11:14 PM

R34 the problem a lot of people have with rose is that she never extends any grace or compassion to anyone else. She has the mentality that she and only she has suffered. It's not remotely possible in McGowans mind that other people are carrying around their own burdens and traumas. Just because someone wasn't eaten out by Whalestein doesn't mean they have no traumas or pain of their own. Note how she never expresses any outrage on the behalf of other abuse victims, only anger at people who have personally wronged her.

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2021 11:28 PM

They're both cunts.

by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2021 11:36 PM

Rose would be pretty if she smiled more often.

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2021 11:51 PM

Wow... I remember on this Myspace he had a picture of him at 10 years old as a very chubby boy. He put the caption "Body by Hostess"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2021 12:07 AM

I love Eli Roth. He is not a homophobe. My gay friend worked on set with him. He's a nice Jewish boy and I like that he has fun with his movies. I have been a huge Rose fan in the past, but she has also said outwardly homophobic things as well. She has dropped the f-bomb on radio shows. She's not an ally, not anymore, anyways. Rose is mentally ill and in it for Rose only.

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2021 5:22 AM

The fact that he manages to work the word Fag into pretty much all his movies would say otherwise R40.

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2021 5:24 AM

Did she get raped again?

by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2021 5:25 AM

Rose has said fag multiple times as well. Eli is bi - everyone in town know that. He is in the glass closet. Most of his team are gay. Rose at the BH Hotel with that Arab was killing gays!

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2021 5:29 AM

R9 Isn't she dating a woman? And her sister is gay

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2021 5:50 AM

Eli Roth does suck, though. Who's giving him money to make movies?

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2021 5:51 AM

Eli Roth is allegedly a big-time homophobe

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2021 11:38 AM

RM is tweeting pro covid conspiracy theories and is deserving of a boot.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2021 11:51 AM

But R35, McGowan is a fan and friend of at least one convicted child molester director friend--Victor Salva.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2021 12:02 PM

I'd be more impressed if she went after Eli Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2021 12:08 PM

So wait- Rose is pissed that she was only paid $50K. What had she done at that point? One shitty, no-budget Gregg Araki film and two Pauly Shore comedies, one of which she had a tiny role in. I would say that 26 years ago, that was a pretty good salary for a barely heard of actress in a supporting role in a low budget film. As for making her audition three times... yes, and? Has Rose never heard of callbacks? God, I loathe this cunt so fucking much.

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2021 12:18 PM

She’s becoming The Goy Who Cried Wolf

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2021 12:23 PM

Is Eli Roth really homophobic? I know he writes characters who are, but he writes a lot of immature college fratboy types who I usually associate with toxic masculinity and are the exact people I would expect to use "the F-slur." I know he was also accused of racism on Twitter for The Green Inferno. They said he perpetuated negative stereotypes of natives with the way the cannibal tribes were depicted. But it was just his attempt to revive the cannibal subgenre popularized by Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox, Zombie Holocaust, etc. Maybe all of those are racist as well. I believe Hostel was accused of perpetuating xenophobia as well.

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2021 1:58 PM

I would lick Eli Roth all over.

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2021 2:11 PM

Since I don't go to Eli Roth movies and because he doesn't go around in his personal life exhibiting and speaking the language and behavior of racism, homophobia, etc., I don't give a shit about him. McGowan, on the other hand, has said homophobic things out loud and in the press and has supported her friend Victor Salva, a convicted child molester.

by Anonymousreply 54October 22, 2021 2:31 PM

[quote]Roth is a vile piece of shit, he's a racist and a homophobe, and he's rumored to be a sex pest as well.

How? Why are people throwing out all these accusations without examples?

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2021 2:41 PM

R22, She claimed gay men are more misogynistic than straight men, then went on some bizarre rant about women is Sharia countries being stoned to death, then drew some dipshit conclusion between women suffering in Muslim countries and shirtless gay men getting high on Pride floats and somehow all that makes the LGBT community a failure for not supporting feminism enough.

by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2021 2:56 PM

Listen, when you're an actor/actress you wanna work & work consistently in Hollywood. Especially once you've already had a taste of that world for more than 25 years. You never want it to come to an end.

You wanna work & get paid generously, you wanna attend all of the major glittery liberal events such as the Met Gala, the Oscars the Golden Globes the Emmys, the Sags, you wanna do Q&A's at the paley center in Brooklyn, and you wanna be on the cover of all of those huge glossy editorial magazines, live Vogue Vanity fair etc just to name a few.

You wanna dine in all of the most important restaurants in Beverly Hills, & attend all of the most important dinner parties at the estates of the most important powerful people in the entertainment industry. You walk be photographed by the paparazzi in your dark sunglasses while out looking & living your Movie Star lifestyle. You want the enter Hollywood experience. That includes living in a big Movie Star mansion and driving beautiful cars and having an endless amount of money in the bank.

For some people if they feel as though it's all being taken away from them and their losing their place in Hollywood. Some people become angry bitter and resentful of the Hollywood the industry & people who are permanent A- listers who will never lose their high flying Star status. Which is why she's going after people like Oprah & many other mega A-listers.

And those people usually turn on Hollywood and start taking a right wing turn. They'll go on fox news and talk radio & start attending right wing events. And eventually come out as a deplorable Trump supporter. All of that because their time in Hollywood has come to an end. This is what we're witnessing from Rose McGowan right now. And none of her antics is helping her. She's only digging that hole deeper for herself.

Also, all of those years she spent in Hollywood. She wasn't innocent herself. She set back and kept her mouth closed herself, as long as things were going well for her and she was getting work and getting paid. She's no angel herself. Rose has become an angry pathetic joke with her current behavior, just looking for attention since her career is as dead as a door nob.

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2021 3:52 PM

R22 She didn't date a trans man. She dated a butch lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2021 4:09 PM

R57 I agree, Rose is a wicked person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2021 4:38 PM

I've heard the story about her then-lawyer more than once. But the lawyer's job is to go for a bigger check. I've also heard many many terrible things about Eli Roth. I'm surprised he hasn't been successfully Me Too'd.

I don't know if Harvey had anything to do with her issues securing the role. She seems to think he was behind every single thing that happened to her life. K girl.

She's always said good things about Wes Craven and that Scream was the best set she was ever on.

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2021 6:26 PM

I felt sorry for her at first, but now she's managed to make everyone see her as an unhinged liar.

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2021 6:32 PM

TArantino punched out a black woman in 1996. In a restaurant on the lower east side. Add that to choking, spitting and almost crippling Uma T. He’s also been violent with other actresses. He seems to like to abuse women. Hematried a woman who looks like Roth in drag. Wonder why Tarantino hasn’t been cancelled yet.

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2021 7:11 PM

*he married

by Anonymousreply 63October 22, 2021 7:12 PM

Don't you know that, in her words, US & Israeli operatives are after her, deleting her credit ratings?? However, that didn't stop her from retweeting Jordan Peterson and other antivaxxers.

by Anonymousreply 64October 22, 2021 9:14 PM

R64 She's such a loon that she also claimed that they planted coke in her purse. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Funny how similar in personality she is to Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2021 10:02 PM

The loops she made of herself violently jamming her fingers in her twat was startling.

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2021 10:36 PM

TArantino punched out a black woman in 1996.

he managed to get this scrubbed, I never hear of it.

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2021 11:26 PM

R64 I don't like Jordan Peterson. His logic is flawed to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2021 8:47 AM

R67 was it self-defence?

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2021 8:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!