Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dennis Quaid Thanked Russell Crowe: Thanks mate.. you did me a favor running off with Meg

From Dennis Quaid interview 2002:

Dennis Quaid is grateful Russell Crowe had an affair with Meg Ryan. "I think he was a bit surprised when I thanked him," says Dennis. "Looking back over the past two years I think Russell did Meg and I a big favour. I felt hurt and humiliated, of course, when Meg left me for Russell, but we hadn't been getting along for quite some time. He forced us to face up to something, because we were clinging on to a dead relationship."

"We had already grown apart. We were bored with each other. Before Crowe came on the scene we knew our marriage wasn't going to last."

Quaid admitted the affair was a blow to his ego.

"No man likes to see his wife run off with another man," he said. "But I now have a whole new perspective on what happened."

Dennis also insisted that he is genuinely sorry her six-month romance with tough guy Crowe didn't work out.

Talking to America's Star magazine he said: "Great things have happened since then. Meg has her freedom, I have my freedom and we've become good friends again.

He said he had been given time to re-evaluate his life. "I've become a new man in many ways. Meg has become a new woman. I think we're both better human beings now than we were before. So I have no animosity toward Crowe. I have no animosity toward Meg, either.

"When Meg broke up with Crowe I never said, 'I told you so'. I got no enjoyment from her pain. I want Meg to find the right person to light up her life."

He even credits the break-up of their 13-year marriage with leading him to a new-found spirituality.

Quaid has visited shrines in India and has studied the Bible and the Koran.

He said: "I've found true happiness and inner peace. None of this would have happened if Meg hadn't left me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2022 4:07 PM

He's a Trumper.

Reagan is his favorite president.

He's also a cokehead who cheated on Meg and every other woman he's been in a relationship with.

He isn't that talented.

His brother is also a Trumper.

On a positive note, once upon a time he was somewhat hot.

* this is the 4th or 5th Quaid thread in under 2 weeks, is there a Dennis Quaid troll?

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2021 1:13 AM

This just makes him sound like an asshole. Why the fuck should Meg have cared about his precious ego when he was already cheating on her.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2021 7:44 AM

Uh, I imagine dealing with his rampant cocaine addiction is what gave him a new lease on life.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2021 11:24 AM

What a jerk. “Dude, thanks for sleeping with my wife so she took all the heat for ending the marriage instead of me.”

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2021 11:41 AM

Wish someone would sleep with my husband so i could use that excuse for leaving him

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2021 11:55 AM

^ What does your husband look like? I'm free today

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2021 12:35 PM

Dennis Quaid handled it with grace and class. He was honest, he said the marriage was not working, and they already had grown apar for a very long time( meaning they probably had an open marriage at this point). He didn't blame Meg or Russell. However, Meg was the one who recklessly chose to go with her affair with Russell so publicly and throwing it in everybody's face while she was still married. Photographing on the street embracing and kissing while still married. She could have been subtle about it until separating or announcing the divorce like all celebrities do.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2021 3:48 PM

R5 I think the same thing all the time about my husband. Let's introduce them.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2021 3:52 PM

It's so funny how Meg and Dennis were America's sweethearts, and when she left him she was the villain. However, Dennis Quaid turns out to have been quite a piece of shit. Meg was right to leave him.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote]Talking to America's Star magazine he said

This means they had some nasty dirt on him and he did an "exclusive" in exchange for them killing that story.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 4:16 PM

Meg cut her own mother out of her life completely when she was married to Dennis. Her mother knew Dennis was a dope addict and made it known to Meg, but she was having none of it. I read about a family gathering they had at her mother's house during their marriage and Meg's mother later related how Dennis had to excuse himself to the bathroom multiple times during the visit and always came out sniffing from all the coke he'd just snorted.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 5:17 PM

R11 That mother needs to mind her own fucking business.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 5:41 PM

[quote]”I think Russell did Meg and I a big favour.”

Meg and ME!

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 5:48 PM

I have personally sniffed a ton of coke to get through certain family gatherings. I don't blame him dealing what sounds like a piece of work mother in law.

I once saw Dennis Quaid about four years ago, walking down W57th street to the Park Hyatt carrying an open bottle of Jack Daniels he must have just purchased. Nevermind the fact that an open container on the street is illegal in NYC, most people brown bag it. He didn't even bother. He is a sexy daddy though for sure in person.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 6:22 PM

His 4th wife is younger than his & Meg's son. That should end well.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 6:34 PM

This all reminds me of an ancient Chicago song called If She Would’ve Been Faithful.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2021 6:35 PM

4th R15?

I thought she was wife #5

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2022 4:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!