Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Psycho Beach Party

Psycho Beach Party is one of my favorite movies to unwind with when I’ve had a har work week. I feel like it was extremely popular at one time, but now everyone has forgotten about it. I think this is a shame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 3:42 AM

Amy Adams should have stuck to goofy comedy. She's like wallpaper in serious movies.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2021 10:27 PM

It was okay. It dragged in the middle, though (no pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2021 10:28 PM

Throughout the movie all one could hear from me was "Hardy har har!"

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2021 10:29 PM

It’s called camp, every hear of it? Maybe people don’t get it anymore, and judging by the lack of understanding at the camp themed MET gala, camp is dead.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2021 10:34 PM

Ann? My name's Tylene. Tylene Carmichael Carmel.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2021 10:36 PM

I think Die, Mommy, Die worked better as a film than PBP.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2021 10:43 PM

I love Tylene!

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2021 10:46 PM

Man, all I know is that I wish more of Charles Busch's plays had been turned into films - with him starring! He's got a new comedy out sometime this year, about discovering the lost Lon Channey horror film "London After Midnight"...doesn't look quite as campy, but still plan on seeing it. Psycho Beach Party and Die, Mommie Die! are two of my go-to comfort films as well. Both made me fall in love with California...

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2021 11:00 PM

In “Psycho Beach Party” she played Chicklet, the sweet-16 tomboy who’s a schizophrenic combination of Gidget-meets-Sybil. On a dime, Ambrose shifts characters quicker than Robin Williams. From vampy dominatrix to a finger-snapping mama named Tylene, Chicklet’s multiple-personality-disorder role was popularized by crossdressing theater impresario Charles Busch during the “Psycho Beach” New York stage run. “Yeah. I’d joke that I was the Barbra Streisand to his Carol Channing,” Ambrose laughs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 11:13 PM

I saw the original stage production with Busch as Chicklet—so much fun. When I heard they were filming with a woman playing the role (and Busch in a new one), I was disappointed, but is actually quite delightful.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 12:14 AM

I found Yo Yo and Proveloney hot and fuckable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 1:31 AM

THE BIG KANAKA: Mistress Ann... I've been a bad boy.

CHICKLET: And bad boys get SPANKED! Bad boys get TORTURED!!

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 1:46 AM

TYLENE: Boy, whatchyou doin’ dressin’ like a ho?

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 3:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!