Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Adele’s New Song… Easy on Me

Well? What do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2021 5:46 AM

Read the other 5 threads started when it came out to find out what we think, Hitler/Jackass.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2021 5:49 PM

Those didn’t discuss the song. They were post after posts of trying to insult her. But not in a witty or funny way. Someone who she scorned is on the loose in there.

Any thoughts on the song?

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2021 5:58 PM

I like it. It’s a good, airy tune and helps usher in that time after summer but before fall. It’s certainly timely. The subject matter seems like it should be heavier but it doesn’t go all the way there. it’s a good mood setter for the album. It’s an appetizer.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2021 6:06 PM

Go easy on me, r1.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2021 6:11 PM

This is a sleeper.

It’s the anti-Hello

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2021 6:12 PM

One more point, I just want to say that I’m glad to have a song out where someone is actually singing.

You have to dust off the oldies these days if you want something to SING along to.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2021 6:13 PM

Adele continues to be a global treasure.

I like the simple approach she takes to her craft…write what you feel, sing your ass off about it, slap your age on the album, and let us love it.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2021 6:23 PM

Weird Al’s Greasy On Me practically writes itself!

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2021 7:28 PM

Is it growing on anyone?

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 8:01 PM

I liked it from the beginning, but worried it would be easy to get bored of. But I haven’t yet!

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 8:02 PM

A controversial new rap song mocking the leader of the free world has rocketed to the top of the iTunes charts, booting Adele from the No. 1 spot — even after getting banned on YouTube and Instagram for spreading “harmful false information.”

“Let’s Go Brandon,” released last week by avowed President Donald Trump supporter Bryson Gray, has been sitting at No. 1 since Sunday, when it refused to fulfill the lyrical request of Adele’s much-hyped comeback single “Easy On Me.” (The Brit pop diva sits at No. 3 behind a random redux of Gray’s hit song by YouTube rapper Loza Alexander.)

The 30-year-old rapper believes his single shot to No. 1 because of the YouTube ban.

“If you read guidelines for social media sites now, the guidelines themselves are against conservatism. You literally can’t have a conservative opinion,” Gray told The Post on Wednesday. “Like I can’t say there are only two genders, or I can’t call somebody by what they are. I have to be delusional with them.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 28, 2021 3:38 AM

I think it's a nice song but doesn't hit in the way her first album did. And all this bullshit about that she didn't try to lose weight puts me off her.

by Anonymousreply 12October 28, 2021 3:42 AM

I have no urge to revisit it (which is true for Adele in general, for me). I like that she seems to be using her voice better - flipping into head voice where previously she would strain.

by Anonymousreply 13October 28, 2021 3:43 AM

It sounds like it could have been on either of the last two albums. I hope there is more variety on this one.

by Anonymousreply 14October 28, 2021 3:45 AM

Blah, there is no hook to it that pulls me in.

by Anonymousreply 15October 28, 2021 3:51 AM

It’s so boring. It sounds like all her other songs.

She’s more interesting when she’s doing something jazzy or soul. “Cold Shoulder”, “Rolling in the Deep”, “Rumour Has It”.

Everything she’s done since 21 sounds like it’s outtakes that weren’t good enough to make that album.

It’s like she’s always trying to make “Someone Like You” again.

Just zzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 16October 28, 2021 3:57 AM

Do you think people want her to really stray though? And, more importantly, will people buy it if she does?

In her recent Vanity Fair obligatory album-release interview she said the other albums were for the people, and this one was for her.

by Anonymousreply 17October 28, 2021 5:42 AM

It just went from #68 to #1 on Billboard’s Hot 100.

by Anonymousreply 18October 28, 2021 9:50 AM

Have they made a radio "deal"?

by Anonymousreply 19October 28, 2021 10:00 AM

It's a nice song, but if this is the single what do the album tracks sound like? A bit bland.

by Anonymousreply 20October 28, 2021 10:39 AM

R17 Stray from what though? “Rolling in the Deep” was the big song.

I think she can’t recreate that spark and relies on these safe piano ballads.

by Anonymousreply 21October 28, 2021 12:20 PM

It sounds like every other song of her's.

by Anonymousreply 22October 28, 2021 12:21 PM

I like the verses more than the chorus or bridge. I find myself wanting more from the lyrics in those. "Had no time to choose what I chose to do," for example, feels clunky, or maybe just not very interesting, or thought out. I think the melody is lovely, and she's in fine voice. I find myself wanting more from both the song, and her, by the time it ends. So maybe for that reason it was a good single choice.

by Anonymousreply 23October 28, 2021 12:38 PM

I think it's a snooze of a song. It was also super annoying seeing the Adele hype all over the news. So the fuck what? She released new music.

by Anonymousreply 24October 28, 2021 12:42 PM

An ode to a guilty consciousness after a abortion. That's what I thought when I first heard it and now that it's being played every 5 minutes I think "oh great, the abortion song" and change it.

by Anonymousreply 25October 28, 2021 12:44 PM

guilty conscience

by Anonymousreply 26October 28, 2021 12:45 PM

Jiz is for abortion.

by Anonymousreply 27October 28, 2021 12:46 PM

Boring...no growth as an artist.

by Anonymousreply 28October 28, 2021 12:47 PM

The intro seems self important

by Anonymousreply 29October 28, 2021 3:07 PM

Haven't heard it and will wait for it to come to my local elevator or supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 30October 28, 2021 4:05 PM

That 50-yr-old looking rapper at R11 is only 30?

What happened to "Blacks don't crack"?

by Anonymousreply 31October 28, 2021 4:27 PM

What I don’t get is the usual unadorned arrangement behind her—like nothing can dare to upstage her oversinging. There’s hardly anything going on in her backing tracks. Some strings or drums wouldn’t hurt.

by Anonymousreply 32October 28, 2021 4:56 PM

I think that's quite deliberate. They don't want to scare off the olds.

by Anonymousreply 33October 29, 2021 5:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!