Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are There Any Towns Left In The United States Where Residents Don’t Feel The Need To Lock Their Doors?

No, I’m not looking for places to rob, but I’m curious if there’s anywhere where people feel that safe.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2021 10:33 PM

Yes, but why would they tell you where publicly?

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2021 4:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2021 5:12 AM

We don’t lock our door

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2021 10:06 AM

Where are you, r3?

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2021 9:32 PM

OP is Keith Morrison.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2021 9:36 PM

I live in a small mid-western town and have never locked my doors. Never even thought about it unless I'm out of town

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2021 9:36 PM

when I moved to the place I live now, from NY everyone would laugh at me when I locked my house and car. It took me 2 years to learn to leave them unlocked. then something started to change and people were starting to lock their homes and car and it took me a month to learn to lock everything up again. No mater where I lived now I would always lock my home and car. A relative used to tell me that you lock things up not for the thief but for the honest man that may be tempted. If the thief wants in bad enough he will find a way no matter how many locks you have.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2021 9:38 PM

A friend of mine doesn't even have a working lock on the door. Of course her neighbors are mostly cows and fields of hay and corn, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2021 9:48 PM

R8 she should keep the doors locked because the cows might get inside and find out stuff they shouldn;t know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 9:56 PM

It takes literally one second to lock a door. I’m amazed at how lazy and stupid people can be.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 10:24 PM

When I lived in Manhattan I sometimes forgot to lock my door. I live in LA now and still forget. I do remember to do so most days.

No matter where I lived I would probably lock my doors but still forget to lock them from time to time.

If people want to break into your home they will find a way. I don't think there are that many.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2021 10:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!