Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Batman trailer - Robert Pattinson is emo Bruce Wayne

God Warner Bros is in a rut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 1:37 AM

There. Is. Nothing. New.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 9:11 PM

Zoë Kravitz will be the best thing about this movie. She looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 9:16 PM

Yawn. Another Batman. Now with 10% more edginess! Ooooh!

Seriously, who cares anymore? When I was a kid, I would have killed for more superhero movies. Now, if I never see another cape, I’ll die a happy man.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 9:17 PM

Who is Pattinson’s back double? There’s no way those muscles are his

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 9:30 PM

I can't buy that skinny fey junkie Pattinson as Batman.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 9:31 PM

If an American can’t play James Bond, then I don’t want to see these spotted dicklickers taking our superhero roles.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 9:33 PM

Pity it's not an origin story.

I would love to know how Batman became Batman.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 9:35 PM

Anorexic Batman! RPattz looks as horrible as I expected. His severe facial wasting is disgusting. Looks very 80's aids chic.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2021 4:49 AM

Will we get to see Batman’s parents die, again?

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 4:57 AM

It looks so pompous and doomy and over-the-top.

Therefore, it must be DEEP!

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2021 5:07 AM

If you can't make it good make it loud.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2021 5:08 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2021 5:11 AM

R9 if we do i hope it's in slow motion 🤞🏼

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2021 10:16 AM

It looks like Nolan did this. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2021 1:50 PM

Hmmn. It seems to be coat-tailing off the dark moodiness of Nolan's universe. That's fine, up until a point. Aesthetically, there were those pre-dawn shots that seem like something new, as well as Batman here does seem very emo. And, I guess the batmobile charging out of the fire was "cool." The only major potential difference is this movie may be more sexual than Nolan's more clinical vibe.

I'm weary of the character/villain overload. In the franchise, generally, if there are just too many storylines and they don't coalesce in a believable, entertaining way, that spells trouble (i.e. Batman & Robin had their titular characters as well as Dr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Bane, Bat Girl, and am I forgetting anyone?). This film essentially substitutes The Riddler for Max Shreck in Batman Returns, which had one too many characters. The Riddler AND The Penguin along with Catwoman seems like overkill.

I'm still a little intrigued by Colin Farrell morphing into Robert De Niro as Oswald Cobblepot. But, does he ever morph into ... The Penguin? (interestingly, Robert De Niro almost played The Penguin in Batman Returns)

The trailer overall left me disappointed. The use of Nirvana at the beginning seemed cliche. And the whole rollout has been a wasted opportunity. Why not focus on a different character each time a trailer/teaser comes out? This trailer could have been all about The Riddler (which it seems to promise at first), building a narrative around one of his riddles. And I still don't have a clear sense of what he looks like.

I'm pretty much getting that it's dark, but it's not giving me enough of a reason to care.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2021 1:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!