Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

In the last episode of MASH Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

What was the classical piece of music Charles and the Korean POW musicians were rehearsing?

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 5:27 PM

Ode to Sum Yung Gai in C Major

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 4:55 PM

Mozart clarinet quintet K. 581 in A major, Allegro movement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 4:56 PM

Thank you R2!

The scene when Charles hears them start playing is one of my favorite in the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 5:03 PM

Beautiful

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 7:59 PM

The next part

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 8:29 PM

If only there were internet software into which you could input queries and get in response links to websites with the answer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 8:38 PM

The first 17 to 18 seconds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 8:50 PM

But then I wouldn't have the immense joy of putting you on ignore R6!

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 10:04 PM

Winchester could really get to me emotionally. Him, Potter, and BJ.

BJ could get it, anytime. Love a handsome man with kind eyes.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2021 5:31 PM

The show got so much better after Henry and Frank left.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2021 1:37 PM

David Ogden Stiers was a genuinely good actor. He took what could have been a one dimensional character and gave him warmth and humanity but only occasionally so Charles didn't become maudlin. My brother used to hate it when I said this, but the Winchester years were my favorite. He preferred Frank and Trapper John and Henry Blake.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2021 5:05 PM

I'm probably the only person who has ever said this, but I preferred Charles to Frank, and also liked Colonel Potter better than Henry Blake. Frank's character just became too broad and weird by the end, and McLean Stevenson gave me the creeps.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2021 5:13 PM

What I didn't like about Henry Blake was that he was a complete imbecile. How he managed to become a Lieutenant Colonel is beyond even the usual suspension of disbelief that is expected when watching TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2021 5:25 PM

Found a really old interview with Alan Alda who said he got to choose the piece the musicians played, and the one he chose was a concerto his wife had been playing when he first saw her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2021 5:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!