Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tip #1 for the 50 and Older Crowd

No matter what the age of the other guy do not talk about any health issues. Even if the issue is obvious or somewhat obvious, I don't want to hear about your herniated disc, your sciatica, your last or upcoming doctor's appointment, definitely not your colonoscopy, your polio, your thyroid, and JFC I just learned the other night what a CPAP CPAF whatever it's called is. It was very startling. I thought it was some kind of oxygen tank or artificial lung. I'm over 50 and I get that we're all aging but if I wanted to hear about that stuff I would work in a nursing home, get into an open relationship or spend time with my 80 year old mother and her Pokeno club. You're missing out on getting some sex or getting better longer sex.

by Anonymousreply 75October 23, 2021 3:38 PM

OP- If you were on a date with a guy who needed a CPAP device to sleep, it's likely he'd be like one of those people you see on My 600 Pound Life. He'd be SUPER morbidly obese- unless that's the type of guy who gets you HOT in the pants.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2021 1:06 PM

I turned down an invitation last week because of my psoriasis. Once, I had a patch of skin that looked like South America. My lover swooped his finger below it and said, “I’m almost Magellan.” One guy called me hamburger ass.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2021 1:24 PM

I had a CPAP at 22, and I was thin as a rake (ultimately had a cancerous tumor removed from my throat that was the cause) No one is immune to health problems. You're a judgmental, ignorant cunt OP, I hope you're inundated with a legion of health concerns and no one wants to fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2021 1:33 PM

There was a kid from my high school. I never knew him but he died of cancer at 21 years old.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2021 1:37 PM

Tip #1 for OP from the over 50 crowd - we might not be perfect, but at least we’re not you.

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2021 1:45 PM

[quote]JFC I just learned the other night what a CPAP CPAF whatever it's called is. It was very startling. I thought it was some kind of oxygen tank or artificial lung.

You actually saw one in a bedroom and thought it was large enough to be an artificial lung?

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2021 1:45 PM

"I'm almost Magellan." LOL!!! Stupid but funny. I feel your pain. I get psoriasis on my forehead and eyebrows. I put aloe vera gel in the patches and they disappear. Before that nothing really worked.

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2021 1:46 PM

R7, I’m just willing to wait on the stretches when I’m relatively clear. Maybe 10% to 15% coverage. It’s also a byproduct of being arthritic. Aloe is good, but have you tried any prescriptions? Clobetasol and Triamcinolone have been really effective.

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2021 2:00 PM

R7). Triamcinolone used to be available OTC, for cheap. Some asshole purchased the patent, rebranded it and the price went from $5 a tube to $500 for the exact same thing. My insurance covers it, but it’s such a scam I just pick up a generic version when I go to Mexico for about $10. I’ve heard it’s still available OTC in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2021 2:10 PM

OP has stated her boundaries!

by Anonymousreply 10October 16, 2021 2:12 PM

I won't agree until after I've told you about my colon.

It now throws an explosive tantrum after too much caffeine, nicotine, THC, and/or split peas.

by Anonymousreply 11October 16, 2021 2:14 PM

I can't even eat bacon anymore - near-immediate explosions.

by Anonymousreply 12October 16, 2021 2:16 PM

Well, if you're a bottom do NOT mention your IBS as he's rimming you.

by Anonymousreply 13October 16, 2021 2:20 PM

Re psoriasis— calcipotriene-betamethasone ointment is effective. Also an effective topical is Enstillar. Otezla is very good medication. All require a prescription.

by Anonymousreply 14October 16, 2021 2:34 PM

Maybe they're just telling you that stuff to test your empathy levels, OP. Do you ever hear from any of them again?

by Anonymousreply 15October 16, 2021 2:42 PM

People who constantly drone on about their health issues are boring whiners, and I have very little patience for them. What is the point of constantly complaining? When I am ill or injured, I just want to be left alone. I don’t want anyone’s fucking sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 16October 16, 2021 3:05 PM

R16 Thank you, Mister Man.

by Anonymousreply 17October 16, 2021 3:23 PM

R12, Eureka! Now I understand my reaction to bacon-topped pizza!

by Anonymousreply 18October 16, 2021 3:35 PM

Haven't youse guys heard that "Misery Loves Company"?

by Anonymousreply 19October 16, 2021 3:37 PM

if you think a CPAP is an oxygen tank or artificial lung, you're dumb as shit OP.

by Anonymousreply 20October 16, 2021 3:44 PM

A friend was dying of cancer and all but two of her 'friends' deserted her. Her funeral was huge and all the 'friends' turned up. She had asked me to do the eulogy, which i was honored to do. I made amendments at the last minute to make mention how much it hurt her that people had disappeared when she was sick. I hope she got a laugh out of that, wherever she is. People are cunts.

by Anonymousreply 21October 16, 2021 3:49 PM

[quote] People are cunts.

Yes, but I love YOU for it.

by Anonymousreply 22October 16, 2021 3:57 PM

OP - on an early date, a hookup, at work or with casual acquaintances I agree with you. When talking with friends problems and life shit are supposed to come up - that’s the point of friendship.

by Anonymousreply 23October 16, 2021 4:15 PM

Of course I wasn't talking about friends and family. I'm talking about guys you've just met whether for a hookup or a coffee date or wherever. I have no problem being a good listener, supportive and empathetic if we start to or become friends. I don't want to hear anything about a gastroenterologist. There's nothing wrong, bad or mean about what I'm saying. It's a turn off and I think for most guys it is. I don't apologize for anything.

by Anonymousreply 24October 16, 2021 5:00 PM

Totally get your point, OP. It would be supremely weird in a getting to know you situation. It could be a red flag -- like when someone keeps bringing up resentments against exes.

by Anonymousreply 25October 16, 2021 5:52 PM

When I started taking a daily probiotic for digestive issues, my mild case of psoriasis cleared up.

by Anonymousreply 26October 16, 2021 6:17 PM

r24 Great example of why the titles on threads should be changable. Because you have to think about it to realize you mean date with new person

by Anonymousreply 27October 16, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote] threads should be changable.

Posts too.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 28October 16, 2021 8:40 PM

I'm sorry OP, I'm having trouble deciphering your post. See, my eyeglass prescription is so old, everything is all blurry!!! You wouldn't happen to know how to enlarge font on the computer thingy. Technology is the bane of my existence! You know what? Nevermind, I'll get the neighbor boy to come over and show me! He's a real sweetie. I always give him five dollars when I need someone to come by and vacuum under the bed. These rickety knees aren't meant for kneeling... anymore!!!! Lol.

by Anonymousreply 29October 16, 2021 8:46 PM

Reminds me of a song Don't worry about my colonoscopy Cause lover you won't recover me I'm not too low. I'm not too high Ill get by just me and my colonoscopeeeeeeee

by Anonymousreply 30October 16, 2021 9:10 PM

I think my spleen is leaking. Oh, waiter, may I have another decaf? So, anyway, like I was saying about my spleen.

by Anonymousreply 31October 16, 2021 9:14 PM

Is it a drip or a trickle?

Hey! We should date.

by Anonymousreply 32October 16, 2021 9:25 PM

I find health complications interesting. I am actually interested in hearing about medical issues. But I had a lot of major illnesses/hospitalizations as a kid and am a bit of a hypochondriac now - so I’ve always been curious about how the body works - or more specifically, how it doesn’t work like it normally does. The reality that the body functions so perfectly the majority of the time is fascinating to me - as are the myriad ways it goes awry.

by Anonymousreply 33October 16, 2021 9:34 PM

I get you, OP, but as an old myself I see the value in listening sympathetically to friends and acquaintances' oversharing on health and medical topics. You never know when a bit of information will be valuable to you, or get a chance to pass it on yourself to someone who really needs it.

by Anonymousreply 34October 16, 2021 10:02 PM

Wait, only obese people need CPAPs?!!

R1 sounds like an ill informed cunt

by Anonymousreply 35October 16, 2021 10:46 PM

One more note on Psoriasis. Salicylic Acid is an active ingredient to reduce Psoriasis. Actually, I buy tubes of it at $1 each in Family Dollar with the title Dr. Sheffield’s Psoriasis.

by Anonymousreply 36October 17, 2021 1:44 AM

So anyway back to my story...

the doctors said they had never seen hemorrhoids like mine

it may have been the bleeding diarrhea, but still...

they said they should be in the medical text books

by Anonymousreply 37October 17, 2021 3:29 AM

[quote]One more note on Psoriasis. Salicylic Acid is an active ingredient to reduce Psoriasis.. Actually, I buy tubes of it at $1 each in Family Dollar with the title Dr. Sheffield’s Psoriasis

This may sound odd but just hear me out...

have you ever tried using it as a glaze on the Dollar Tree Pound Cake

by Anonymousreply 38October 17, 2021 3:31 AM

I understand

but have you ever really looked at a prolapsed anus?

by Anonymousreply 39October 17, 2021 3:36 AM

Like it or not, the kid is right...

I never mention my glass eye when I'm with a new lover

by Anonymousreply 40October 17, 2021 3:42 AM

[quote] I don't apologize for anything.

And you shouldn’t. It’s one of your finer qualities.

Maybe you could print up a list of things you’s like to talk about. That would be helpful, not to mention fun to make. And if you have it laminated you could reuse it. I know I, for one, would admire your selfless dedication to saving our planet.

Why does psoriasis always effect the elbows and ankles? I know steroidal cream is very effective. I use it on my knees too. Gets rid of those knobbly follicles.

by Anonymousreply 41October 17, 2021 4:09 AM

I went to a bathhouse last night. There was a good looking guy in a cap whom I was really attracted to but he never stopped in front of my room. At my age I can't expect much.

by Anonymousreply 42October 17, 2021 1:53 PM

There's a time to talk about medical concerns.

*Always* is the not the correct time.

It is true that some people become their ailments and can talk of nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 43October 17, 2021 2:28 PM

R9 That medication is no longer under patent. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it is available and appears to be inexpensive. You might be able to use a internet doctor, if the prescription is the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 17, 2021 2:37 PM

Great I just got back from the doctor to discuss the test results and he said. . .

by Anonymousreply 45October 20, 2021 9:44 PM

What about my hemmorhoids? Don’t you care?????

by Anonymousreply 46October 20, 2021 9:46 PM

R1 I know of someone who needs a CPAP and he isnt obese. It does happen, not often though I'll grant. Some people just got defective breathin passages and such. Seen it a couple times

by Anonymousreply 47October 21, 2021 4:16 AM

I'm 49 and just had a detached retina and turned kinda blind in one eye. Surgery and all these doctor visits. I was a drama queen for about a month, and then shut up, because the OP is right. My partner is nice, and we've been together 15 years, but nobody wants to hear this shit. I just deal with it and haven't mentioned it in months. Going forward I'm going to keep my physical ailments, trials and tribulations to myself. Depressing.

by Anonymousreply 48October 21, 2021 4:24 AM

OP here. I forgot to mention something important. Much of my work involves listening to people's medical issues and other medical related tasks. So that's yet another reason why I don't want to hear any of it.

by Anonymousreply 49October 21, 2021 4:29 AM

Older men probably shouldn't talk about their health issues if they're trying to score with other men (and definitely not with anyone under 50--that's just insane).

Here's another one: don't talk real estate. It doesn't make you sound savvy, smart, or "with it." It makes you sound like a doddering, petty-minded old bore.

by Anonymousreply 50October 21, 2021 4:35 AM

You don't want to hear about my circumcision I had to have when I was 58?

You're NO fun at all.

by Anonymousreply 51October 21, 2021 6:17 AM

Anyone who drones on about their own health issues can be a bore. OP, is it possible that he wasn't at all into you? Did you try to give him tips, too. Tips are a automatic turn off.

by Anonymousreply 52October 21, 2021 6:26 AM

Was he like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 21, 2021 6:30 AM

I had a friend who was really funny & lively but used to talk about her health probs nonstop. Sjogren’s, open heart surgery, lupus, thyroid, etc., but the most over the top story was when her uterus fell out in the shower; she pushed it back in but it kept falling out!

by Anonymousreply 54October 21, 2021 7:28 AM

r54 that's nothing, my ass falls out all the time

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2021 9:46 AM

R11, NO SOUP FOR YOU!

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2021 10:28 AM

[quote] Sjogren’s, open heart surgery,

The tennis player?!

I didn’t know he had open heart surgery.

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2021 2:13 PM

Don't talk about the trouble you've been having with constipation

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Here's another tip for any/every gay man of any age: don't discuss your workout/fitness regimen. Or your diet.

If you're in great shape, the results speak for themselves.

Your routine is of NO interest to the rest of us whatsoever. Not even a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2021 3:40 PM

I Agree!

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2021 4:31 AM

Don’t talk about food allergies or alternative medicine.

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2021 4:34 AM

stop farting in public

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2021 2:46 PM

OP, another tip for you. Don’t mention that you’re from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area. Tragique.

by Anonymousreply 63October 22, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote]definitely not your colonoscopy, your polio, your thyroid, and

Polio? Are you going on dates in rural Pakistan?

by Anonymousreply 64October 22, 2021 3:28 PM

R64 More like rural Mississippi, let’s get realistic here.

by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2021 3:34 PM

[quote] stop farting in public

Yeah, right. Like it’s that easy to do.

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2021 4:00 PM

Luv me luv my colon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2021 4:33 PM

I’m thinkin of getting my colon cleansed.

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2021 9:26 PM

Who wants to hear people talk about their medical problems? I agree with you, OP, and I watched a boyfriend die of cancer so I'm not sickness-averse. It's just not a great conversation topic. It's like the women in the office who stand around and talk about their health all day. We mock them on DL, and for good reason.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2021 9:30 PM

“Why don’t they like me? I mean medical appointments can be a career too ya know! 🤡 “

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2021 11:43 PM

R63 it is trawhateveryousaid. I should never discuss it or mention it anywhere to anyone. OP

by Anonymousreply 71October 23, 2021 11:53 AM

My colitis attacks make my being rimmed an issue.

by Anonymousreply 72October 23, 2021 12:05 PM

Katharine Hepburn had a stock answer for when she was asked "How are you feeling?".

"I'm fine, if you don't ask for details".

by Anonymousreply 73October 23, 2021 12:09 PM

I disagree somewhat r59. I am really into fitness and am always on some sort of a diet plan, so I like to hear about what other people are doing.

by Anonymousreply 74October 23, 2021 3:33 PM

I have a friend who will give incredibly detailed descriptions of his bowel movements. At first I thought he was joking.

by Anonymousreply 75October 23, 2021 3:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!